* Fresno Alliance [fresnoalliance.com/wordpress]
* Fresno Coalition for Humane and Affordable Housing Policies [helpfresnoshomeless.org]
* National Network In Action (NNIA), President Rev. Floyd D. Harris Jr. with more info about actions for Human Rights here [link]. [559-851-5764] [firstname.lastname@example.org]. NNIA Blogtalk radio show, M-F 9:00pm to 9:45pm.
* Dr. Jean Kennedy, Educator, Researcher [email@example.com] [559-271-1023]. Radio Show (Monday through Friday at 8:00pm to 8:45pm): [blogtalkradio.com/realtalk1dr]
Fresno KFCF 88.1fm engages in hostility against African-American radio show hosts [link]
Fresno attacks, exiles, and neglects those without homes
The primary concern of municipal governments and their agencies is for the protection of property, and not to uphold Human Rights such as a right to shelter and food, which is why those who suffer the stigma of being without a proper address or a home are forced to create their own so-called "illegal" encampments.
* "Identifying Potential Sites of Campgrounds for (Homeless) Members of The Public: A Quest for Humanity on the Streets of Fresno, California" [link]
* "Are Homeless People’s Human Rights being Violated in Fresno?" [link]
* Homeless Encampments in Fresno - the Mainstream Media & the Advocate Response [link]
* "The Grain Silo/Canal Bank Homeless Encampment is Destroyed" [link]
* Fresno's illegal anti-Homeless property confiscation center [link]
* "City of Fresno Finds New Ways to Harass the Homeless" [link]
* "Coalition Organized in Opposition to Razing of Homeless Encampments" [link]
* City of Fresno destoys tent city, officially allows attempt to terrorize and murder houseless folks with bulldozer [link]
* 2013-09-03 "The City of Fresno Declares War on the Poor" [link]
* 2013-09-03 "Dispatch from the War Zone - Week Two" [link]
* 2013-08-12 "Arson at Fresno Homeless encampment, on the eve of Fresno City's campaign to exile those without addresses" [link]
* Fresno attacks and exiles everyone living without an address at the direction of local land-holders [link]
* Fresno undertakes another attack against homeless folks' encampment [link]
* Articles on the Homelessness Issue in Fresno (in chronological order) updated October 5, 2012 [link]
* Politicians who allow for Human Rights abuse in Fresno are being called out!
Recall Ashley Swearengin [facebook.com/pages/Recall-Ashley-Swearengin/420770738030824]:
The residents of Fresno are fed up with numerous moves that have hurt the city of Fresno.
message from Floyd Harris, Jr.:
I'm proud of everyone who worked on the Recall Ashley Swearengin facebook. Now it's time to remove the Mayor from office. The right wing tea party churches and organizations who live north of Shaw will no longer run South of Shaw like a plantation. We, as people of color who have came threw slavery to work on plantations cannot allow history to repeat it's self again. Fresno has had three (3) Republicans, Mayor Jim
Patterson, Allan Autry, and now Mayor Ashley Swearengin, and they have not remove Darling Packing House from West Fresno, while our seniors citizens and youth are getting sick and dying each day from the dead animals smell. Not to forget that Mayor Ashley Swearengin attacked the Fresno Homeless community and destroyed there homes in the middle of winter, which cost us the Fresno tax payers more court cost. We all know Patch, who stood with us in the middle of the streets protecting his home as well as other homeless people. Today Fresno Unified School Distirct has no African American male school principal while African American youth are droping out of school heading to prison. Once again we have Jerry Dyer Fresno Police shooting black and brown men in the head and in there back while the Mayor Ashley is allowing this happen. Now we deal with Measure Z where Mayor Ashley Swearengin tried to take food off the table of working men and women in our Fresno community. I must say that the time is NOW TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE MAYOR, THE FRESNO CITY COUNCIL, AND THOSE WHO LIVE IN NORTH FRESNO THAT BLACK, BROWN and WHITE WILL COME TOGETHER WITH ALL other ETHNICITY STANDING AS ONE PEOPLE..!! If you stand with me, others will stand with us..!! Stop being scared Fresno community because the answer to our problems sits in our spirit.
Fresno Police Whistleblower testifies on systematic human-rights abuse, 2014-01-23 [link]
2013-06-20 FRESNO COP WATCH & KNOW YOUR RIGHTS WHEN CONFRONTED BY A POLICE OFFICERS”
Thursday, 6:00pm until 7:00pm, at "The New Light for New Life Church of GOD" [1106 W. Woodward Fresno, Ca 93706], presided by Senior Pastor Paul McCoy and Rev. Floyd D. Harris Jr.
National Network In Action (NNIA), The Mexican-American Political Association (MAPA), and The Fresno Brown Berets will be hosting a COP WATCH & KNOW YOUR RIGHTS WHEN CONFRONTED BY A POLICE OFFICERS” .
The citizens are outraged at the Fresno Police Department for numerous incidents which involved the shooting of citizens, many unarmed men of color, including: Angelo Fernandez who was unarmed when he was shot in the back by a Fresno police officer as well as Mr. Jerel Stanfield who didn’t shoot at police but ran from police and was shoot in the head, leg, and in the back in West Fresno.
This history includes the deliberate hunting & killing of Joaquin Figueroa in 2006, a disturbing assassination.
2013-05-31 "Protest Against Fresno Police Brutality"
Time: 4pm to 6pm
Location: Kearney Palms Shopping Center [1101 Fresno St, Fresno, Ca, 93706], at the corner of Fresno St. & C st., known on the streets as "Justice Corner".
(photo taken at day of action, May 31st)
Reverend Floyd D. Harris Jr., National President of The National Network in Action, a civil and human rights organization, The Mexican-American Political Association, and The Fresno Brown Berets will be having a rally protest against the Fresno Police brutality, harassment, racial profiling, excessive force & deadly force.
The citizens are outraged at the Fresno Police Department for numerous incidents which involved the shooting of citizens, many unarmed men of color, including: Angelo Fernandez who was unarmed when he was shot in the back by a Fresno police officer as well as Mr. Jerel Stanfield who didn’t shoot at police but ran from police and was shoot in the head, leg, and in the back in West Fresno. This history includes the deliberate hunting & killing of Joaquin Figueroa in 2006, a disturbing assassination.
In addition, here is a list of Fresno Police Officers & the number of shootings they've committed:
Daniel Astacio — 2
Andre Benson — 2
Tom Canales — 2
Alfred Campos — 2
Alfonso Castillo — 2
Paul Cervantes — 2
Stacie Colby — 2
Christopher Cooper — 4
Christopher Desmond — 2
Rick Harrell — 2
John Herring — 2
Justin Hoagland — 2
Daniel Gonzalez — 3
Carl McKnight — 2
Paige McQuay — 3
Gunter Meiss — 5
Richard Nadeau — 2
Michael Palomino — 3
Kennan Rodems — 2
Louis Sanchez — 2
David Surabian — 2
Brian Sturgeon — 2
Marcus Tafoya — 4
Rudolpho Tafoya — 2
Allen Taliaferro — 2
Matthew Vincent — 3
James Young —
Why did the Fresno Police and the local Fresno Government call Black males and the Black community in Fresno a "Terrorist"? The Fresno Police Department does not have the right to be the JUDGE, JURY, AND EXECUTIONER!
chart showing names of Fresno Police Departments involved in civilian fatalities (2013-10-22 from Fresno Civil Rights page at Facebook):
HERE IS THE LIST OF OFFICERS INVOLVED IN SHOOTINGS OR OTHER IN CUSTODY DEATHS AS WELL AS THE LIST OF REPEAT SHOOTERS.... THERE ARE 170 COPS THAT HAVE KILLED AND 33 THAT HAVE DONE IT MORE THAN ONCE!!!! TODAY WE TELL FRESNO PD "NO MORE STOLEN LIVES" BUT THE WORK CONTINUES TOMORROW AND THE NEXT DAY... WE'LL GO DOOR TO DOOR IF WE GOTTA TO WAKE THE SLEEPING GIANTS!!!