Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or on a Smart Phone [link], Desktop U-stream [link], Live Mp3 (.pls) stream [link], Netbook [link]. Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayMDS@) gmail.com]!
Archived links are available even if the original is taken down, stored at (archive.org), (archive.today), (peeep.us).
News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or of foreign governments.
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
Shot over 45 times by two Vallejo Police Officers, while he was sitting in his car with his brother-in-law, strapped in their seat belts, with their hands-raised. All while their family and neighbors watched. This horrendous human-rights abuse has been documented alongside the cover-up and false evidence planted by Vallejo Police!
Learn more about Mario Romero and the campaign for justice:* "I am Mario Romero" from HK Films & Photography
---Black Power Matters... In honor of Micheal Brown, Eric Garner, Clinton Allen, Ezell Ford, and many others- R.I.P.-The Huey P. Newton Gun Club is a Armed Black United front composed of many different Black Militant organizations located throughout racist AmeriKKKa!
We consider ourselves to be the sons and daughters of the Panthers... And we move in that ferocious spirit! ! !
We named our Armed Black United front after the Co-Founder and Leader of the Original Black Panthers- Huey P.Newton. The Huey P. Newton Gun Club (H.P.N.G.C.) has launched numerous successful legal open carry patrols in Texas, and now invites Black People throughout the Country to participate.
The goal of march 16th is to teach oppressed Black People - community self-defense- through what Minister of Defense- Dr. Huey P. Newton called - Observation and Participation!
We want an immediate end to police brutality in our Black community by organizing Black Self-Defense groups dedicated to defending our Black Community from racist police repression and brutality, The 2nd amendment to the U.S . constitution gives us a right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all Black People should arm themselves for Self-Defense.
Also, we invite oppressed people throughout the World (especially Africans on the Continent and in the Diaspora) to participate on March 16th!
Note: Due to oppressive laws, these states CANNOT participate on March 16th: California, New York, South Carolina, Florida, Illinois, District of Columbia, and Hawaii- ... IT'S ALL BAD IN THOSE STATES...
Special Permits are needed in: Utah, Minnesota, Iowa, Oklahoma, Indiana, Tennessee, and Georgia..
We invite Black People in those states to patrol with video cameras where it is legal to do so. We must move to stop police terrorism - BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!
For more info Call... Charles Goodson- (214)874-3100 -
RBG 4 LIFE! Black Power! All Power to the People!
Uhuru Solidarity Movement [https://www.facebook.com/uhurusolidarity]:
The Uhuru Solidarity Movement has invited the following organizations and individuals to participate in a national debate entitled "Beyond 'White Privilege' and 'Anti-Racism': A Debate on the Role of White People in the Black Liberation Movement," to be held at the Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center in Gainesville, Florida on March 7th, 2015, from 6PM to 8PM.
This debate is being held at a time when the Black Liberation Movement is re-emerging inside the U.S. in the form of a mass movement in response to the constant police murders and harassment of African people in this country.
The panelists will be asked to present on the following questions, followed by a summation period and Q&A:
- How do you define the condition of existence faced by black people inside the United States? Is it racism, colonialism, or something else altogether?
- What is the correct role for white people to have in the black liberation struggle?
- What is your position on the question of violence as it relates to revolutionary struggle of the oppressed?
This community event is occurring on the first night of the USM's 2-day national convention that is happening in Gainesville on the weekend of March 7-8th which will also feature workshops on how to see the struggle for women's liberation through African and Arab eyes, the movement for reparations to African people, and the history of colonialism. USM is under the leadership of the African People's Socialist Party.
Contact [info@) uhurusolidarity.org] or [727 888 3797].
documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
* "US kept international call data for over decade" (2015-01-16) [http://www.spacewar.com/reports/US_kept_international_call_data_for_over_decade_report_999.html] [https://archive.today/90YmD]
* "New police radars can 'see' inside homes" (2015-01-20) [http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/01/19/police-radar-see-through-walls/22007615/] [https://archive.today/78pEq]
* "Google Draws Wikileaks' Ire for Secretly Providing Private Email Data to DOJ" (2015-01-26) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/26/google-draws-wikileaks-ire-secretly-providing-private-email-data-doj] [https://archive.today/guXj0]
* "Miami Police Use Photos of Young Black Men For Target Practice" from Steven Argue:
Army Sergeant Valerie Deant arrived on a Miami area shooting range to find a picture of her brother, Woody Deant, and a number of other young Black men, with bullet holes through their faces. Turned out it was the Miami Police who had been using photos of young Black men for target practice. Police Chief J. Scott Dennis defended the practice, saying it wasn't racially motivated. No, it never is, is it? Like the murderous racist police of the United States, the KKK also often denies racial motivation for their racist terror. Anyone with any sense knows better.
articles recommended by the
SOLANO ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
* "Ruptured Pipeline Pumps Tens of Thousands of Gallons of Shale Oil Along Yellowstone River" (2015-01-19) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/19/ruptured-pipeline-pumps-tens-thousands-gallons-shale-oil-along-yellowstone-river] [https://archive.today/YtuWV]
* "Cancer-Causing Chemical Found in Drinking Water Following Pipeline Spill into Yellowstone River" (2015-01-20) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/20/cancer-causing-chemical-found-drinking-water-following-pipeline-spill-yellowstone] [https://archive.today/AswdS]
* "No state or federal aid for handling bird-killing goo emergency" (2015-01-5) [http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/No-state-or-federal-aid-for-handling-bird-killing-6038179.php] [https://archive.today/rN6Ob]
* "S.F. Bay bird rescue: Mystery goo bedevils experts" (2015-01-19) [http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Number-of-birds-coated-with-mystery-goo-shoots-up-6025502.php] [https://archive.today/8AZJI]
* "Pesticides in Mississippi air and rain: a comparison between 1995 and 2007" [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24549493] [https://archive.today/iPH37] [begin abstract]:
A variety of current-use pesticides were determined in weekly composite air and rain samples collected during the 1995 and 2007 growing seasons in the Mississippi Delta (MS, USA) agricultural region. Similar sampling and analytical methods allowed for direct comparison of results. Decreased overall pesticide use in 2007 relative to 1995 generally resulted in decreased detection frequencies in air and rain; observed concentration ranges were similar between years, however, even though the 1995 sampling site was 500 m from active fields whereas the 2007 sampling site was within 3 m of a field. Mean concentrations of detections were sometimes greater in 2007 than in 1995, but the median values were often lower. Seven compounds in 1995 and 5 in 2007 were detected in ≥50% of both air and rain samples. Atrazine, metolachlor, and propanil were detected in ≥50% of the air and rain samples in both years. Glyphosate and its degradation product, aminomethyl-phosphonic acid (AMPA), were detected in ≥75% of air and rain samples in 2007 but were not measured in 1995. The 1995 seasonal wet depositional flux was dominated by methyl parathion (88%) and was >4.5 times the 2007 flux. Total herbicide flux in 2007 was slightly greater than in 1995 and was dominated by glyphosate. Malathion, methyl parathion, and degradation products made up most of the 2007 nonherbicide flux.
* GMO Free USA [https://www.facebook.com/GMOFreeUSA]: A U.S. Geological study published in 2014 found that 75% of the Mississippi air and rain samples tested from the year 2007 contained the herbicide Roundup. THAT WAS 2007! The levels now are likely worse. The environment is becoming so saturated with the 'fall out' from the ever-expanding GM agrichemical farming grid, that even if you somehow find a way to avoid eating contaminated food, you will be forced to have to deal with its adverse health effects, as long as you need air to breathe and water to drink. This study brings to the surface the extent to which GM farming has altered our daily exposure to chemicals, such that even the rain and air we now breathe contains physiologically relevant levels of glyphosate 'fall out' from the war against any plant not part of the monocultured, genetically engineered system of production. And meanwhile, a 2014 independent peer reviewed study found Roundup to be the most toxic of 9 pesticides (yes, it is also a pesticide) tested. This leads us to ask: What would they find if they tested samples of air and water in 2015? And what will be the long term effects on our children?
READ: [http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/roundup-weedkiller-found-75-air-and-rain-samples-gov-study-finds] [https://archive.today/jRuz3]
READ: [http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/archive/2014/15279-pesticide-approvals-misleading-and-roundup-most-toxic-of-9-pesticides-tested] [https://archive.today/1wNfy]
WHO NEEDS TOXIC SYNTHETIC HERBICIDES? New experimental technology uses an air compressor and blasts weeds to smithereens with tiny particles of corn cobs without harming the crop. High-speed particles of grit shred the weeds at 100 pounds per square inch of compressed air. “We’ve been getting season-long weed control of about 80 to 90 percent, which isn’t perfect, but most organic farmers would be happy with that amount of weed control,” says Forcella, a USDA Dept. of Agriculture agronomist. The weeds just disappear. No need for herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered crops. No need for toxic Roundup/glyphosate, 2,4-D and dicamba. NO NEED FOR MONSANTO, SYNGENTA, DOW, BAYER, DUPONT, BASF.
READ: [http://www.startribune.com/business/272510321.html] [https://archive.today/Ax4K9]
articles recommended by the
SOLANO PEACE, JUSTICE & FREEDOM COALITION
* "Afghanistan to Remain US ‘Observation Tower’ Over Russia, Iran, China" (2014-10-29) [http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20141029/1014060822.html] [https://archive.today/3DX9U]
* "US war against ISIL is ‘total fraud’ to create a CIA base" (2015-01-18) [http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/01/18/393674/US-war-against-ISIL-is-total-fraud] [https://archive.today/JsNok]
* "Israel launches airstrikes on Syria following rocket attack, ‘red line’ warning from Iran" (2015-01-28, RT News) [https://archive.today/whBgs] [begin excerpt]: Israel's retaliation followed two rocket attacks believed to be perpetrated by Hezbollah in the northern Golan Heights on Tuesday afternoon. While the projectiles exploded in open territory and caused no damage or casualties, some 1,000 visitors to the Mount Hermon ski resort still fled for cover. The exchange of fire came as Iran officially warned Israel of a response after Tel Aviv crossed a “red line” when it killed an Iranian general in an airstrike on Syria earlier this month. “We told the Americans that the leaders of the Zionist regime should await the consequences of their act,” Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian said, as quoted by IRNA news agency. “The Zionist regime has crossed our red lines.” The minister said Iran delivered the message to Israel via US diplomatic channels. Iran continued to threaten Israel on Tuesday, with the commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, voicing strong rhetoric against Israel, saying the country is nearing its final collapse after its recent surge of air attacks on Syria. On Monday, Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon warned that Iran is seeking to open a new front against Israel from the Syrian Golan Heights. “Iran seeks to attack Israel, whether from Lebanon with Hezbollah or from Gaza, with Hamas and Islamic Jihad, or whether it’s what we saw last Sunday – an Iranian arm that is beginning to develop, to open a front against us on the Golan Heights," Ya'alon said. [end excerpt]
* "Billboards on 3 major junction roads in Gaza, featuring depictions of Fajr 5 missiles fired at Israel, express gratitude to Iran" (2012-11-27) [http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Gazans-say-Thank-you-Iran-for-providing-missiles] [https://archive.today/LYErh]
* "Open Carry Texas Invades Art Festival, Brings Armed Kids!" (2014-04-13) [http://aattp.org/open-carry-texas-invades-art-festival-brings-armed-kids/] [https://archive.today/oOV3K]
* "Open Carry Texas brings armed children to Arts festival where they were previously banned" (2014-04-13) [http://freakoutnation.com/2014/04/open-carry-texas-brings-armed-children-to-arts-festival-where-they-were-previously-banned/] [https://archive.today/9Nxpr], [begin excerpt]:
Open Carry Texas members gathered illegally in Fort Worth, Texas yesterday at an Arts Festival despite being banned from the city’s premiere shopping and dining district This group of gun humpers deem themselves as law abiding citizens while breaking the rules. The gun group returned to support unrestricted gun rights while bringing their children to the area in which they were previously banned. This group is so extreme that a woman called the police after witnessing a group of men with assault rifles on the overpass in Texas, so they took it upon themselves to publish her phone number on YouTube in a video [https://archive.today/jAVUz]. On Facebook, this pathetic group of miscreants justifies their actions by writing, ” these same people are pushing to have gun owners’ private information published online” [https://archive.today/Orzno], therefore, publishing a woman’s name is acceptable? They are so friggin’ paranoid they thought the woman-caller was with Moms Demand Action. She’s not. [end excerpt]
5th WORLD NEWS
Documenting Nations and Institutions of Self-Government not recognized by the United Nations.
* USA State Dept.'s legal statement supporting unilateral declarations of independence (2009-07) [.pdf link]: "The legal principle of territorial integrity does not prevent non-state entities from peacefully declaring its independence."
* Legal mandate set by the UN International Court (2010-07-22) [archive.today/mc6sX]: "No general prohibition may be inferred from the practice of the Security Council with regard to declarations of independence,” and “General international law contains no prohibition on declarations of independence."
Rojave (Western Kurdistan)
* "How the Movement of Kurdish Women's Democracy Liberated from the State" (2015-01-14) [http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos30630.html] [https://archive.today/FAwR3], original version in French [http://oclibertaire.free.fr/spip.php?article1630] [https://archive.today/60tYg]
A comparison map showing the State jurisdiction of the UKGB side-by-side the constituent Nations and Institutions of Self-Government:
* "What Europe Would Look Like If All the Separatist Movements Got Their Way" (2014-09-18) [http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2014/09/18/map_what_europe_would_look_like_if_all_the_separatist_movements_got_their.html] [https://archive.today/nCWMC]
* "NEW ENERGY FOR A BETTER EUROPE: EFA Family kick-started the 2014 Electoral program" (2012-04) [https://archive.today/ZqmN]
* EFA Member Parties as of 2014-07 [https://archive.today/c1SV4]
* EFA: "It's Time for Self-Determination!" (2014-10-13) [https://archive.today/X7TH0]
* Map from the European Free Alliance (EFA) [www.E-F-A.org] showing national jurisdictions with vanguards acting as EFA members:
* "Occitan" [http://www.sorosoro.org/en/occitan] [https://archive.today/Jgjbf]
* "Occitania" article [http://www.languedoc-france.info/1905_occitania.htm] [https://archive.today/WpOte]
* "Catalonia approves special status for Occitan Val d’Aran, including its right to self-determination; It also recognise its ‘Occitan national reality’ " (2015-01-22) [http://english.vilaweb.cat/politics/catalonia-approves-special-status-for-occitan-val-daran-including-its-right-to-self-determination] [https://archive.today/eKWWU]
Fund-raiser market for Occitania patriotic souvenirs [http://www.macarel.org] [https://archive.today/46pXJ]
* "Occitania: 800 Years of Resistance" [http://800ansderesistencia.wordpress.com/], graphic from [https://archive.today/JYPcl].
* "The Knights Templar" [http://www.panoccitania.com/templars.html] [https://archive.today/gZ45Q], [begin excerpt]: The first crusade to Occitania, for the greater part led by Simon de Montfort, failed. Occitania was re-conquered and for a short time, the Cathar population was relatively safe. Then a second crusade was organized by the pope under a new king of France. However, this second royal crusade wasn't only about a new attempt to crush the Cathar belief system. It was also about conquering Occitania for the French crown and to get the possessions and goldmines of the Knights Templar and the lands of the feudal Occitan Lords. This time Occitania was taken and added to the French crown. In the fifty years that followed, there was still a hunt for the remaining Cathars and other heretics, who were, once they were found, burned at the stake. In 1307, since there was no more need for them, also the Templars were arrested and accused of heresy, because this was the only way to get hold of their possessions. Many Knights Templar were banished, some were tortured to speak evidence of their un-Catholic practices which would prove their heresy. Their leaders were even publicly burned at the stake.
Parts of their treasure however were hastily hidden in caves all over Occitania, waiting to be discovered by a modern day Indiana Jones. One of these modern Indiana Jones figures was German born Otto Rahn. No bold hero with a cowboy hat, but a sensitive poet who had so much love for Occitania, its culture and history. His research has connected Occitania with the Grail legends. His books, which he wrote in the early thirties of the 20th century, are now translated into English and form an idea of what Grail Rahn has found here in Occitania. In the Second World War, Himmler formed a Nazi Neo-Templar group, which did dark deeds. Himmler even ordered Rahn to find the Grail for him in Occitania.
* "Re-writing history: Otto Rahn and the treasure of Rennes-le-Château" based on a book [https://archive.today/N5fdd], cited at [http://otto-rahn.com/otto-rahn-otto-skorzeny-raiders-found-ark] [https://archive.today/Igt02], and at [http://michelduchaine.com/2013/05/02/re-writing-history-otto-rahn-and-the-treasure-of-rennes-le-chateau/] [https://archive.today/oKDSd],[begin excerpt]:
Skorzeny also had an intelligence background, having worked for Admiral Canaris, head of German intelligence and sometimes had received his orders directly from Himmler. April 20, 1942, he was promoted as Head of the special forces of Germany, operating from a hunting lodge Friendenthal in Bavaria. Thus in February 1944, after several other missions, Skorzeny received a call from Himmler to recover the treasure of Montsegur.
After the plans and instructions to his men, Otto Skorzeny needed with a small commando arrived in the Languedoc and installed a base camp at Montsegur. They spent the next day reconnaissance of the area, making several interesting discoveries, but none has found the treasure. Skorzeny then decided to ignore where Otto Rahn had reported, and focus on the logic and unlikely hiding places that would not easily arise.
According to Buechner, Skorzeny had unwittingly discovered the treasure on the eve of the 700th anniversary of the fall of Montsegur (16 March 1944), and was surprised to see a large gathering of descendants of Cathars, en route to the castle to pay tribute to their ancestors. The number 700 is doubly important these Catharsas an ancient prophecy foretold: "At the end of 700 years the laurel will be green again". Whatever this strange sentence actually meant, an unusual group was gathered for the anniversary. Although they asked the German military governor of the region for permission to go to the castle, they had been refused, but they still gathered at the foot of the mountain, ready for the long walk to the ruins of the fortress. At this moment, as luck would have it, Skorzeny and his small group of commandos dropped on them. For a moment, everything must have seemed lost, but Skorzeny, when approached by pilgrims for permission, saw no reason to refuse. Thus, the group arrived at the fortress in mid-day, just as Skorzeny told them to "look at the sky". Probably hidden by a cloud, a German plane flying high, using skywriting equipment, painted a huge Celtic cross in the sky. For Skorzeny, he reported that his mission was almost over, but for pilgrims to Montsegur, a miracle happened. The next day, an official delegation comprising Reichsminister Alfred Rosenberg and Colonel Wolfram Sievers of the Ahnenerbe came to congratulate Skorzeny.
Read more from Otto Rahn about the "Crusade against the Grail" of the Cathars in Occitania (.pdf)
[https://web.archive.org/web/20150126020925/http://www.renneslechateau.nl/books/CrusadeAgainstTheGrail-OttoRahn.pdf], and more about his other book [https://archive.today/SGo2g].
Although France was occupied by Germany after an invasion in support of the fascist revolution lead by Petain (1940 to 1944), the idea of liquidating the jurisdiction of France into national homelands was never considered despite this action having been implemented for Czhecoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Poland, and USSR. France was needed whole as it included 1/3 of Africa, and other overseas jurisdictions, a realm important to fascist plans after World War 2 [https://archive.today/FkvIM].
from The Lega Nord and Northern Question in Italian Politics; Anna C. Bull & Mark Gilbert; ISBN 0-333-75068-3; Palgrave, St.Martins Press ©2001:
Padania is the name given by the Lega Nord (Northern League) political party to the independent state they hope to form in the north of Italy.
Lega was founded in March, 1982 by Umberto Bossi as the Lombard League and the name was subsequently changed to Lega Nord. Bossi has been very successful in promoting his agenda; pro-business, an end to subsidies for Southern Italy, deregulation, stopping illegal immigration, stopping corruption and the most controversial position, to divide Italy into three federalist states, with Padania being the north most state.
After surprising showings in both provincial and national elections, Lega Nord has sent representative to the provincial legislature, had six cabinet ministers in the national government and has two representatives in the European parliament. Bossi was appointed Senator and is affectionately called Il Senatúr, northern dialect for Senator.
* Associazione Lingusitica Padana [PadaniaCity.org], with their map titled "Carta etnolinguistica della Padania e aree contigue"
In the true geographical sense, Padania refers to the valley of the Po river, Padus in Latin. The term has been rarely used, as the terms pianura padana or Val Padana have been preferred in geography textbooks and atlases.
Since the 1960s journalist Gianni Brera used the term Padania for Cisalpine Gaul. Lega Nord, a political party born in 1991 by the union of several Northern regional parties, later used the term for a similar geographical range, but with political and socio-economic connotations. Since the early 1990s, therefore, Padania's boundaries are usually defined according to the Italian regions which approximate the historical regional languages which divide Northern Italy from Central-Southern Italy along the La Spezia-Rimini line.
Another definition of Padania's boundaries is based on Harvard University political scientist Robert D. Putnam's Making Democracy Work: Civic Traditions in Modern Italy, in which Italy's "civic North" is defined according to the inhabitants' civic traditions and attitudes, related to the historical emergence of the free medieval communes since the 10th century. This definition, acknowlegded also by Lega Nord, includes Tuscany, Marche and Umbria, although these regions are linguistically part of Central Italy.
According to Lega Nord's Declaration of Independence and Sovereignty of Padania, Padania is composed of the following regions (for a total of 14 "nations": Lombardy, Veneto, Piedmont, Tuscany, Emilia, Liguria, Marche, Romagna, Umbria, Friuli, Trentino, Alto Adige/Südtirol, Venezia Giulia, Aosta Valley)
Since 1991 Lega Nord, a federation of Northern regionalist parties (notably including Lega Lombarda and Liga Veneta), has promoted either secession or larger autonomy for Padania, proposing also a flag and a national anthem. In 1997, Lega Nord also created an unofficial Padanian Parliament in Mantua and held elections for that Parliament. As national anthem Lega Nord chose the Va, pensiero chorus from Giuseppe Verdi's Nabucco, in which the exiled Hebrew slaves lament for their lost homeland. Since 1998 Lega Nord organized a Padania national football team, winner of the VIVA World Cup in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
While support for a federal system, as opposed to a centrally administered State, receives widespread consensus within Padania, support for independence is less favoured. One poll in 1996 estimated that 52.4% of Padanians north of the Po river considered secession advantageous (vantaggiosa) and 23.2% both advantageous and convenient (auspicabile). Another poll in 2000 estimated that about 20% of Padanians (18.3% in North-West Italy and 27.4% in North-East Italy) supported secession in case Italy is not reformed into a federal State.
More recent polls show different results. According to a poll conducted in February 2010 by GPG, 45% of Northeners support the independence of Padania. A more recent poll, conducted by SWG in June 2010, puts that figure at 61% (with 80% supporting at least federal reform).
Links: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padania] [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lega_Nord]
Stamps from Lega Nord representing Padania and Italia Stato Federale (1996) [https://archive.today/C4y8Z]
* 1996 stamp (5 lega) commemorating Festival of the Independence of the Padani People
* Padania fund-raiser currency adapted from a 2-Euro coin [https://archive.today/YVgZd]
* Lega Nord (Padania) fund-raiser Currency, 1992 - 2000 [https://archive.today/GI3sl]
* Repubblica del Nord Fund-raiser tokens [https://archive.today/eBhqK], an example -
Front with intertwined bars and text “2 Leghe 1992” / Back with building and text “Repubblica del Nord / Bresa 24-11-91 – Lega Lombarda 1a in Loggia”
Republic of Venato / Repubblica Veneta
Indipendenza Veneta group’s aim is to found a Repubblica Veneta out of the region (i.e. autonomous macro-province) of Veneto and parts of the neighboring regions of Lombardy, Trentino–Alto Adige/Südtirol, and Friuli–Venezia Giulia. This approximates the area ruled by the Most Serene Republic of Venice (whose striking embroidered red and gold lion flag is pictured at the top of this page), which was a major cultural, political, and naval power in the Mediterranean for nearly a millennium until it was divvied up between the French and the Hapsburgs in 1797 during France’s First Republic.
The National flag was adopted by the civil government 1975, using a design incorporated 1508 for the original Republic of Venice [https://archive.today/7A1So]. Older variations of the Veneta National flag are displayed by secessionist vanguards, as shown in "Veneto Region (Italy) Regione del Veneto, Venetia" flag guide [http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/it-ven.html] [https://archive.today/WRGG6].
* "Mass rally in Venice to call for independence from Italy Two centuries after Napoleonic forces snuffed out the 1,000-year Venetian Republic, Venetians are once again aspiring to become an independent state" (2012-10-05) [http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9589732/Mass-rally-in-Venice-to-call-for-independence-from-Italy.html] [https://archive.today/1IH0c]
* "Italian police arrested 24 people for plotting to violently split Veneto from Italy" (2014-04-02) [http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/italy/140402/italian-police-arrested-24-people-plotting-violently-split] [https://archive.today/7iCB4]
* "Veneto ‘independence plot’: Italy police arrest 24, seize ‘tank’ " (2014-04-02) [http://rt.com/news/veneto-independence-police-arrest-949/] [https://archive.today/WyVSV]
"Tanko 1", used by partisans for the Republic of Venato, 1997
* "Veneto is not Padania" punk-rock concert flier (2012) [https://archive.today/u5w3Z]
People's Republic of India
* People’s War in India documents archive [https://archive.today/n1uU2]
* Manifesto of the Revolutionary Democratic Front (RDF)-2012 [https://archive.today/PSC9p]
* Communist arty of India (Maoist) Dandakaranya Special Zonal Committee (2013-04-02)[https://archive.today/TKx7P]
* Peoples War in India Clippings:
* "Myth of United India" (2010-07-04) [https://archive.today/2k2lx], an article containing information on many national liberation wars occurring across the region of India
* Map from The Economist newsmagazine (2010-07-22) [https://archive.today/3wa9R]
* Map and statistics from monopolist media source (2014-02) [https://archive.today/lhbOK]
* Map from monopolist media source (2009-10-26) [https://archive.today/FPGYg]
* Map from Business Week newsmagazine, showing the "Naxalite", or People's Army, areas of operation:
Original Nations of "Australia"
COMMITTEE TO FREE 'EM ALL!
* "Nebraska Supreme Court refuses to explain rejection of Black Panther appeal" (2015-01-26) [http://www.examiner.com/article/nebraska-supreme-court-refuses-to-explain-rejection-of-black-panther-appeal] [https://archive.today/GGdZI]
* "Why the CIA Is So Eager to Demolish Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling" (2015-01-20) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/01/20/why-cia-so-eager-demolish-whistleblower-jeffrey-sterling] [https://archive.today/xkxbN]
* "My Future in Prison: 'I will be free in three months, but our collective future is most assuredly shackled to a wrongheaded criminal justice system.' " (2015-01-23) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/01/23/my-future-prison] [https://archive.today/3j7Cn]
* "Low-Hanging Fruit: Francis FitzGibbon on the show trial of the Holy Land Foundation" (2015-01-22) [http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n02/francis-fitzgibbon/low-hanging-fruit] [https://archive.today/mFD2I] [begin excerpt]: The Holy Land Foundation (HLF), founded in 1988 by American citizens of Palestinian heritage, raised money for distribution by zakat charitable committees in Gaza and the West Bank. Most of it went to buy food, clothes and education for children. Between 1992 and 2001 the foundation raised at least $56 million. On 3 December 2001 the US Treasury Department decreed that the HLF was a ‘specially designated global terrorist’ (SDGT), and the next day, without informing the foundation of this decision, the FBI closed down its offices. Five staff members and the HLF itself were charged in 2004 with a variety of terrorism offences, on the basis that the money the organisation raised was ultimately going to fund Hamas.
The first trial, in 2007, resulted in a hung jury. The defendants were convicted in a retrial the next year. The leaders of the HLF, Shukri Abu Baker and Ghassan Elashi, are serving 65-year sentences and will die in jail. Three others were given prison sentences of 15 or 20 years. They lost their appeals, and the Supreme Court refused to hear the case, despite patent failings and abuses in the legal process.
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
This section is about current trends among fascists, monopolists, and their vanguards. For an overview of the active participation of fascists in the USA, and international fascist vanguards surviving World War 2, please see this week's section for the Committee for the Study of history & The Current Context.
* "Plutocracy turns 5 this week" (2015-01-19) [http://www.dailyrepublic.com/opinion/localopinioncolumnists/plutocracy-turns-5-this-week/] [https://archive.today/sXm6o], [begin excerpt]:
In his State of the Union address, six days after the Citizens United decision, President Barack Obama declared, “With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests – including foreign corporations – to spend without limit in our elections. I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests or, worse, by foreign entities.”
Now, why do the wealthy and their corporations “donate” so much money to political candidates? According to the nonpartisan Sunlight Foundation, between 2007 and 2012, some 200 corporations spent $5.8 billion on federal lobbying and campaign contributions. In return, those same corporations got $4.4 trillion in federal business and support.
That’s almost a 1,000 to 1 return on investment. Nice.
“Frontline” reported Wednesday that political spending by “outside groups,” those affected by the Citizens United decision, has more than doubled over the past five years. “Super PACs have spent $1 billion on the last three federal election cycles since 2010. Nearly 60 percent of those donations – more than $600 million – were made by just 195 people and their spouses, the Brennan Center found.”
=== * === * ===
* "Psychology studies suggest rising wealth means more jerks in S.F." (2015-01-26) [http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Psychology-studies-suggest-rising-wealth-means-6039481.php] [https://archive.today/q5stP] [begin excerpt]:
Paul Piff, an assistant professor in the Department of Psychology and Social Behavior at UC Irvine (he moved from UC Berkeley just a few weeks ago), has spent the past decade conducting about 50 studies on how wealthy people and poorer people behave in the same situations.
Again and again, he’s found a common thread: Rich people are more likely to behave unethically even if they get very little benefit.
“I think what we’re assessing in these studies is a general lack of sensitivity to the needs of other people,” Piff said. “The wealthier you are, the less attuned you are to other people around you.”
Piff speculated that wealthier people don’t have the same sensitivity to others as poor people do because they don’t need to rely on their neighbors and the wider community as much.
Of course, a psychology laboratory is far different from San Francisco itself. But in terms of wealth, our city is extremely fertile ground for study. There are now an estimated 5,460 “superrich” San Franciscans who are worth $30 million or more — up from 4,230 just three years ago.
Michael Goff, the founder of a tech startup in Mountain View, speculated that “type A, aggressive” personalities succeed in business and can afford luxury cars. And then they may drive that way on the roads.
Sebastiano Tevarotto, the 52-year-old CEO of a software company and a Noe Valley resident, said he wasn’t surprised by Piff’s findings. The native of Italy has lived in San Francisco for 15 years and said he has noticed the city move away from its hippie, free-love roots and toward being a crowded, aggressive, New York-like place.
“The entitlement, the wealth — it’s a different crowd,” he said. “It was more relaxed, and now it’s definitely more intense and competitive.”
“There is a certain amount of arrogance that comes with wealth and does translate to people feeling entitled at times and act not as nicely,” he continued
Supervisor David Campos, who represents the Mission, has talked a lot about San Francisco’s growing income inequality and what he views as a “Tale of Two Cities.”
He said some wealthy San Franciscans are incredibly generous, such as Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, but said he thinks it’s the exception in today’s corporate culture. He is pushing Airbnb, for example, to pay millions in back taxes but hasn’t gotten anywhere.
“There is less concern for what’s happening in the city than you would expect,” he said. “It’s more of a 'me’ mentality at times.”
He said Piff’s studies sound right to him and that when poor people come to City Hall talking about evictions or homelessness, they usually talk in the context of the whole community rather than their individual predicaments.
“It’s not just people wanting to protect themselves; it’s people wanting to protect their neighbors,” Campos said.
* "March forward with farm workers in 2015" message from the United Farm Workers (UFW) (201-01-27):
Legislation is going to be key in 2015. The political environment is changing fast and you can be with farm workers on the front line as they fight for their rights. 2015 has just begun and already the growers have fired their first shot. In Washington State, growers are trying to outlaw our efforts to share with you the unjust working conditions and animal abuses reported at Darigold dairies and other lawbreakers. House Bill 1104 would prohibit workers, media and reformers from taking photos and videos at Washington farms and to publicize those working conditions. We plan to do everything we can to fight this terrible bill because if it passes, taking photos and videos would become a criminal act. Workers and organizations like the UFW could be fined thousands of dollars for taking pictures like those we shared with you last year concerning the horrific mistreatment of cows at Darigold member dairies.
Things are also breaking on the pesticide front. The UFW continues to promote protection from harmful pesticides, such as chlorpyrifos and chloropicrin. Just this month, the California Department of Pesticide Regulation’s (DPR) issued disappointing new “recommended” restrictions on the use of chloropicrin. Their “recommendations” would allow Californians to be exposed to a cancer-causing pesticide at a level 25 times higher than their own scientists recommended.
In addition, last fall, after more than ten years of review, the California Department of Pesticide Regulation finally released proposed new guidelines on use of the brain-harming pesticide chlorpyrifos. But the new “restricted use” guidelines will be entirely voluntary and don’t do enough to protect children. Fortunately, the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is just now also looking at restricting its use to protect both workers and drinking water, although the EPA is not acknowledging the risk to children. We’ll keep fighting for worker and consumer safety on these pesticides and others.
That’s not all we have to work on. This year, the UFW intends to win improvements in the ALRB. For 30 years the California Agricultural Labor Relations Board has been in shambles. Numerous cases stayed on the books without resolution literally for decades. Without enforcement of the law, farm workers have suffered tremendously through lost wages, unjust firings, and a devastating loss of faith in the law.
* "Fox News host bashes Michael Moore: America ‘saved the planet’ with snipers like Chris Kyle" (2015-01-25) [http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/fox-news-host-bashes-michael-moore-america-saved-the-planet-with-snipers-like-chris-kyle/] [https://archive.today/Jeok3], [begin excerpt]:
Fox News host Charles Payne on Sunday said that liberals were wrong not to treat Navy SEAL Chris Kyle as a hero because the U.S. had used snipers and other types of military force to “save the planet” and lift a billion people out of poverty.
“Look at the death toll that we had protecting people in a different country because that’s what America does,” he continued. “We’ve been the world’s policeman, and guess what’s happened over the time we’ve become the world’s policeman. A billion people in other countries have moved into the middle class.”
“We had India on TV earlier. If it wasn’t for Americans dying around the world, the rest of the world would be in abject poverty. We have saved the planet, and if we go away as [the world's] policeman, it’s going to be hell to pay for everyone.”
The "World's Policeman" has given us the capitalist dictatorships of Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Philippines, Honduras, all where more people are starving than before the USA invasions. The official talking point that the USA lifted "a billion" out of poverty across the world isn't true, of course, but makes for great propaganda by the monopolist media, as shown in the following example.
* "Towards the end of poverty: Nearly 1 billion people have been taken out of extreme poverty in 20 years" (2014-06-01) [http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21578665-nearly-1-billion-people-have-been-taken-out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim] [https://archive.today/yCxNt]
* "Killing Ragheads for Jesus" (2015-01-25)
pg.1 [http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/killing_ragheads_for_jesus_20150125] [https://archive.today/i9Q3I],
pg.2 [http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/killing_ragheads_for_jesus_20150125] [https://archive.today/gI3kX],
pg.3 [http://www.truthdig.com/report/page3/killing_ragheads_for_jesus_20150125] [https://archive.today/zNGBN]
* "Euro plunges, but European brands are not on sale in US" (2015-01-22, Associated Press) [https://archive.today/rVaGz] [begin excerpt]:
Not since September 2003 has the euro traded this low against the dollar. Still, German sports cars, Belgian beers and the latest fashions out of Italy aren't going on sale anytime soon. The reason? There's simply too much demand in the U.S. for any markdowns.
"The U.S. economy is the one that's doing well in the world right now," notes IHS senior principal economist George Magliano. "We've got a lot of growth in upper-income families and households."
Since Americans are willing - and able - to spend heavily on imported goods, there's no need for companies to cut prices. Any savings thanks to the euro's decline will instead be pocketed by manufacturers and distributors.
The problem for Americans: we don't buy enough European goods, except for high-end products. Our clothes might come from Bangladesh or Costa Rica. Our furniture from China. And our cars - even foreign brands like Honda - are mostly made at home.
European brands tend to cater to higher income families who want to buy a bit of prestige.
* "The Triumph of the Military-Industrial-Congressional Complex" [https://medium.com/war-is-boring/the-triumph-of-the-military-industrial-congressional-complex-a27d6e5fb1a8] [https://archive.today/eklXa] [begin excerpt]:
The military-industrial-complex was on display—but passed without wide notice—on Dec. 5 when Pres. Barack Obama announced, at the White House, his selection of Harvard professor Ashton Carter to replace the ineffectual and effortlessly discarded Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense.
Obama even joked that Carter is “one of the few people who actually understands how many of our defense systems work.”
But look closer and you’ll see that Carter has a dark side. Beyond his early and enthusiastic support for starting and prolonging the 2003 war in Iraq and extending the U.S. combat presence in Afghanistan, he has spoken out in favor of initiating war against North Korea and Iran.
His advocacy of more and longer wars is not the only troubling element of Carter’s track record. Between stints at the Pentagon, he has associated with defense-connected firms including MITRE, Goldman Sachs, Global Technology Partners and Textron.
More darkly, he more recently associated with a firm called SBD Advisors, which has advertised itself as working in Washington’s shadows so that “only the inner circle knows that we were involved,” according to the company.
The firm professes it has no defense-related clients, but its board includes former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Mike Mullen and former Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair—a seeming contradiction.
* "Five Corporations You've Never Heard of Are Making Millions From Mass Incarceration" (2015-01-19) [http://truth-out.org/news/item/28501-five-corporations-you-ve-never-heard-of-making-millions-from-mass-incarceration] [https://archive.today/Gi2S9]
=== * === * ===
* "Head of US state media put RT on same challenge list as ISIS, Boko Haram" (2015-01-23) [http://rt.com/news/225543-rt-isis-us-broadcaster/] [https://archive.today/pFPBa]
* " 'Not acceptable': Nabeel Rajab slams US media head for listing RT with terror groups" (2015-01-23) [http://rt.com/news/225743-rajab-rt-us-media/] [https://archive.today/Dw9Ox]
* "State Dept disagrees with head of US state media over equation of RT with ISIS" (2015-01-23) [http://rt.com/news/225751-psaki-rt-isis-bbg/] [https://archive.today/YZQa7]
=== * === * ===
* "GOP rep.: Keep minimum wage low ‘for minorities’ who aren’t worth more than $7 an hour" (2015-01-22) [http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/gop-rep-keep-minimum-wage-low-for-minorities-who-arent-worth-more-than-7-an-hour/] [https://archive.today/C68E5]
* "A 16-Year Old Programmer Just Made a Plugin That Shows Where Politicians Get Their Funding" (2014-06-26) [http://thehigherlearning.com/2014/06/26/a-16-year-old-programmer-just-made-a-plugin-that-shows-where-politicians-get-their-funding/] [https://archive.today/4i0Is].
Download the All Are Green internet browser extension [http://www.allaregreen.us/]
Some are red. Some are blue. All are green.
A free browser extension for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox that exposes the role money plays in Congress and highlights key election races. Displays on any web page detailed campaign contribution data for every Senator and Representative, including total amount received and breakdown by industry and by size of donation. Puts vital data where it’s most relevant so you can discover the real impact of money on our political system.
* "The Senate Actually Just Acknowledged Climate Change Is Real" (2015-01-21) [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/21/senate-climate-change-key_n_6519728.html] [https://archive.today/uA3Ac], [begin excerpt]: The first amendment, from Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), stated: "It is the sense of the Senate that climate change is real and not a hoax." That amendment passed by a vote of 98 to 1. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) was the lone senator voting against it. Even Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), who wrote a book titled The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future, joined as a co-sponsor on the Whitehouse amendment. His contention, he said, isn't that climate change isn't real. "The hoax is that there are some people who are so arrogant to think that they can change climate," Inhofe said. "Man cannot change climate." After the votes, Inhofe took the floor again to re-emphasize his belief that "this whole thing was cooked up by the United Nations."
* "Guess which photo was taken in Africa and which one was in the U.S." (2015-01) [https://archive.today/6Ag1U]
* "Wikipedia Declares War On Women, Gives Anti-Feminist Males Control Over Gender And Sexuality Entries" (2015-01-24) [http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01/24/wikipedia-declares-war-on-women-gives-anti-feminist-males-control-over-gender-and-sexuality-entries/] [https://archive.today/LAUyg]
* "Wikipedia bans five editors from gender-related articles" (2015-01-23) [http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/23/wikipedia-bans-editors-from-gender-related-articles-amid-gamergate-controversy] [https://archive.today/tyWh7]
A unity in foreign policy has been developed between the USA and the State of Israel through the Republican Party which dominates the Federal Congress, and manages elections throughout the USA as a constituent of the two-party system of managed democracy, predicted to win the Office of the Presidency during 2016.
* "White House official: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face’ " (2015-01-23) [http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/01/23/394463/White-House-Netanyahu-spat-in-our-face] [https://archive.today/nEcgV]
* "Nearly half of Benjamin Netanyahu's donors also gave money to Mitt Romney or the US Republican Party" (2012-09-30) [https://archive.today/c2Zlp]
* "Olmert: Netanyahu interfered in U.S. elections for Sheldon Adelson" (2012-11-07) [https://archive.today/9U0jk]
* "GOP backer Adelson accused of commandeering Israel's media market" (2012-09-24) [https://archive.today/LO4IQ]
* "Sheldon Adelson: The Deep Pockets Behind Newt Gingrich" (2011-12-21) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150101181117/http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/12/21/393391/sheldon-adelson-the-deep-pockets-behind-newt-gingrich/]
* "Adelson Doubles Down on GOP, Will Spend $200-Million in Next Election Cycle" (2012-12) [https://archive.today/yYD24]
* "Netanyahu Inserts Himself in US Elections as Adelson Stands to Reap Millions if Romney Wins" (2012) [https://archive.today/psc9c] [begin excerpt]: Adelson, the so-called casino mogul who's made a fortune in Macau thanks to the Chinese, and also in Vegas, has promised $100 million dollars for the Republican Party. He's been very close to the right-wing settlers in Israel. He supported the Gingrich campaign with millions of dollars. And now he's supporting the Romney campaign. But according to the American progress report, they're saying that he's not un-self-interested in doing so, that he wants Romney to win so Romney can cut taxes, his taxes, and that he stands to benefit to the tune of $2 billion if Romney is elected and if Romney goes forward with the tax cuts that he's promised. So this is another case where somebody appears to be acting either for ideological reasons or idealistic reasons [incompr.] actually acting on behalf of his own agenda, an economic agenda.
According to this report by Seth Hanlon at the Center for American Progress, Adelson gains in this way: number one, cutting the top tax rates saves Adelson about $1.5 million from his own compensation as CEO of the casino company; maintaining special low rates on dividends, potentially saving Adelson about $120 million on a singles year's worth of dividends; maintaining special low rates on capital gains, allowing Adelson to make back his political donations, you write, in capital gains tax cuts by just selling a fraction of the stock; provide a tax windfall of an estimated $1.2 billion to Adelson's company, Las Vegas Sands Corp., on untaxed profits from its Asian casinos. So this shows there's a lot more at stake here than just he believes in some kind of Romney austerity plans. [end excerpt]
* "Mexico: Did Romney Donor’s Casino Launder Drug Money?" (2012-08), #4 at the list of news updates at [https://archive.today/EH6PX] [begin excerpt]: According to an August 4 report in the Wall Street Journal, the US Attorney’s Office in Los Angeles is investigating possible money laundering by Chinese-Mexican pharmaceutical entrepreneur Zhenli Ye Gon in the middle 2000s through the Las Vegas Sands Corp. casino company. The company, whose CEO and largest shareholder is US billionaire Sheldon Adelson, a major donor to the Republican Party, reportedly failed to tell the authorities about suspicious money transfers by Ye Gon until the publication of a newspaper article about him in 2007. Mr. Adelson himself is apparently not being investigated at this point. Adelson was having public relations problems even before the Ye Gon allegations appeared in the media. On Aug. 8 he filed a $60 million defamation suit against the Washington, DC-based National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC). The group had quoted news reports carrying allegations by former Adelson employee Steven Jacobs that Adelson had approved of prostitution at his businesses in Macau, China. [end excerpt]
* "New Email Release Shows: Peter King Demanded an Investigation To Find Journalist’s Sources Like Peter King" (2014-09-08) [https://exposefacts.org/new-email-release-shows-peter-king-demanded-an-investigation-to-find-journalists-sources-like-peter-king/] [https://archive.today/qBgYw]
* "9/11 Conspiracy Author Phillip Marshall & His 2 Kids Found Dead in California" (2013-10-16) [http://topinfopost.com/2013/10/16/911-conspiracy-author-phillip-marshall-his-2-kids-found-dead-in-california] [https://archive.today/o60Kk]
* " 'Dad Kills Kids and Self': The Philip Marshall Story" (2013-10-26) [http://www.madcowprod.com/2013/02/26/dad-kills-kids-and-self-the-philip-marshall-story/] [https://archive.today/RONfz]
* "Wife, daughter and writer of controversial FEMA camp movie ‘Gray State’ dead in ‘murder-suicide’ " (2015-01-19) [http://wtfrly.com/2015/01/19/writer-family-fema-camp-movie-gray-state-dead-in-murder-suicide] [https://archive.today/k4Qvb]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
The ideology of fascism is for the benefit of the economic dictatorship, whereby entire regions have been made deserts for the purpose of enhancing the private wealth of individuals.
* "SUSTAINABILITY CHALLENGED AS MANY RENEWABLE RESOURCES MAX OUT" (2015-01-14) [http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2015/sustainability-challenged-as-many-renewable-resources-max-out/] [https://archive.today/KhhaB]
* "Planetary dashboard shows “Great Acceleration” in human activity since 1950" (2015-01-15) [http://www.igbp.net/news/pressreleases/pressreleases/planetarydashboardshowsgreataccelerationinhumanactivitysince1950.5.950c2fa1495db7081eb42.html] [https://archive.today/XpJO1]
* "As inequality soars, the nervous super rich are already planning their escapes: Hedge fund managers are preparing getaways by buying airstrips and farms in remote areas, former hedge fund partner tells Davos during session on inequality" (2015-01-23) [http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2015/jan/23/nervous-super-rich-planning-escapes-davos-2015] [https://archive.today/t8hpS]
* "Kerry’s Investment Pitch at Davos: Spend to Defeat Terrorists" (2015-01-23)[http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-23/kerry-s-investment-pitch-at-davos-spend-to-defeat-terrorists] [https://archive.today/B2iRF]
* "When Money Is a Weapon: How the Treasury Got Into the Spy Game" (2015-01-20) [http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-20/financial-intelligence-grows-as-u-s-weapon-to-fight-bad-guys-.html] [https://archive.today/rc2Vg], [begin excerpt]: How much the intelligence mission has changed is highlighted by the move next month by David Cohen, the Treasury under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, across the Potomac River to become deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Cohen, 51, whose Treasury responsibilities included sanctions policy, replaces Avril Haines, a lawyer who’s now President Barack Obama’s deputy national security adviser. It’s the first time a Treasury official has moved into such a senior CIA post. That hasn’t gone unnoticed in the intelligence community, where the Treasury has become a recognized power, and among the specialized legal and financial community affected by the nation’s increasing use of economic coercion against adversaries. [end excerpt]
* "Oil ups chances of foreign intervention 100 times" (2015-01-28) [http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/01/28/395155/Oil] [https://archive.today/WRokL]
WEAPONS FOR A NEW WORLD ORDER
* "Upgraded Atlas Robot to go wireless as the stakes are raised for the DARPA Robotics Challenge" (2015-01-20) [http://www.darpa.mil/NewsEvents/Releases/2015/01/20.aspx] [https://archive.today/Quq76]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Haiti
* "The CIA Haitian Connection and the Cocaine Smuggling Operation" (1993) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-cia-haitian-connection-and-the-cocaine-smuggling-operation/5426560] [https://archive.today/AtRjv]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Honduras
Roberto Bricero Jimenez, sociology professor at the UNAH, published an article on the government style of JOH and his first year in office. [http://alainet.org/active/80200&lang=es] [https://archive.today/55cDZ]
This March Honduras will officially launch the first Special Employment and Economic Development Zone (ZEDE) aka charter city. JOH will present the first ZEDE in South Korea, Japan and the US. Source in Spanish [http://www.elheraldo.hn/pais/786651-331/honduras-presentará-en-marzo-primera-zede-en-corea-del-sur] [https://archive.today/QSulz].
The Honduran writer Galel Cardenas warns of the constitutional status for the Military Police. [http://alainet.org/active/80179&lang=es] [https://archive.today/rGmOc]
OFRANEH denounces that its leaders received death threats while staying
in Vallecito. Source of Spanish [https://ofraneh.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/alerta-grupo-de-invasores-amenazan-a-junta-directiva-de-la-ofraneh/] [https://archive.today/j40EZ]
Journalist and Libre congressman Esdras Amado Lopez denounces that JOH's brother, Antonio "Tony" Hernandez, in his role as a lawyer was a key player in the defense and escape of Colombian drug traffickers. Source in Spanish [http://www.ellibertador.hn/?q=article/honduras-diputado-denuncia-que-hermano-del-presidente-ha-defendido-narcos] [https://archive.today/MF4PH]
Some more information regarding the construction of the Palmerola airport came to light. The Spanish company responsible for the construction is Advanced Logistics Group (ALG). Source in Spanish [http://www.latribuna.hn/2015/01/19/gobierno-y-empresa-espanola-ultiman-detalles-para-palmerola/] [https://archive.today/lFASc]
The Honduran government is trying to organize a human peace chain from Puerto Cortes to Amapala - Amapala, where one of the first ZEDE may be installed... Source in Spanish [http://www.ellibertador.han/?q=article/gobierno-de-honduras-organizará-evento-“dile-sí-la-vida”] [https://archive.today/qSTVF]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: United Kingdom of Great Britain (EU)
* "UK govt ‘gags & intimidates’ charities that criticize austerity policies" (2015-01-27) [http://rt.com/uk/226715-gagging-charities-government-dissent/] [https://archive.today/2aTJY]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Federal Republic of Germany (EU)
* "Joseph Goebbels’ Inlaws are Germany’s Richest Family" (2015-01-20) [http://www.constantinereport.com/joseph-goebbels-inlaws-germanys-richest-family/] [https://archive.today/KKiHc]
* "Family dynasty behind BMW admits to using 50,000 slave labourers during Nazi era" (2011-09-28) [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2042405/Family-dynasty-BMW-admits-using-50-000-slave-labourers-Nazi-era.html] [https://archive.today/pfQRw]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Kingdom of Spain (EU)
* "Solidarity with Anarchists Imprisoned by the Spanish State!" (2015-01-17) [https://bristolaf.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/solidarity-with-anarchists-imprisoned-by-the-spanish-state/] [https://archive.today/8bA2L]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Croatia (EU)
* "Croatia: Letters With Addresses Written In Cyrillic Forbidden" (2015-01-22, InSerbia Network) [https://archive.today/iHME5]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Greece (EU)
* "Elections in Greece are frightening to the European Union" (2015-01-16) [http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos30608.html] [https://archive.today/G4oKJ], [begin excerpt]:
JP Morgan a few years ago had warned Europe: European constitutions born of the Resistance and the social contract that had been imposed in many European countries were no longer tolerable, in fact hindered the expansion of capital. It was therefore necessary to try to prevent the exploited and the lower classes - those who have to pay the so-called crisis - can claim their political choices. This was done and is being done with two steps: with daily repression throughout Europe of independent ability of opposition and the struggles for social justice on the one hand and with discouraging participation in political choices other.
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Ukraine
Since March of 2014, the reports from the fascist Republic of Ukraine are saying that Russian Federation soldiers are currently occupying Novarossiya (eastern Ukraine)... not clandestinely but openly in uniform, this despite the open access to Novorossiya by international observers, and not a single photograph showing Russian Federation soldiers has been produced, and satellite "evidence" supposedly showing transport of soldiers and military equipment have all been proven false...
* "Ukrainian Commanding General admits there is no Russian invasion of Ukraine" (2015-01-29) [http://www.discussionist.com/1014104794] [https://archive.today/wVuB0]. “There is no Russian regular army in the Donbass” said Ukrainian Colonel-General Viktor Muzhenko.
* "Psaki recognized the absence of evidence to the invasion of Russia to Ukraine" (2015-01-21) [http://newstwenty4seven.com/en/news/psaki-priznala-otsutstvie-dokazatelstv-vtorzhenija-rossii-na-ukrainu] [https://archive.today/3FryN], [begin excerpt]:
Earlier on Wednesday, Poroshenko said at the world economic forum in Davos, in the East of Ukraine are more than nine thousand Russian troops, supporting the self-proclaimed militia Donetsk and Lugansk national republics. In his speech the President of Ukraine stressed that the conflict in the East of the country has no military solution. Thus, according to him, the key to peace is Russia, which should "withdraw and close the border."
State Department spokesman noted that he had seen reports that Russia allegedly sent to Ukraine two tactical battalion, however, acknowledged that confirm this information, it does not.
* "Kiev Says Russia Sent Tanks into Rebel-Held Region" (2014-11-07) [http://www.wsj.com/articles/kiev-says-russia-sent-tanks-into-rebel-held-region-1415378179] [https://archive.today/QGw5o]
* "Military-clad English-speakers caught on camera in Mariupol shelling aftermath" (2015-01-25) [http://rt.com/news/226079-ukraine-foreign-military-mariupol/] [https://archive.today/HPzdg], [begin excerpt]:
One video uploaded on YouTube is apparently raw footage of a local news channel MSN (Mariupol News Service). The video description claims the person is an American member of the Azov voluntary battalion, but offers no proof of this. The uniforms features a round blue-and-yellow patch on shoulder, but its details are indistinguishable as is the man’s face.
The presence of foreign volunteers among Ukrainian voluntary battalions is no secret. Earlier media reports said many of them have right-wing leanings or even Nazi sympathies.
However, so far claims of private military contractors (PMCs) like the infamous Blackwater working in Ukraine remain unproven. Such a presence would indicate a more substantial military support for the Ukrainian government by its foreign backers, since governments usually keep an eye on PMCs working in politically challenging environments.
If a Western government didn’t want a PMC to sign a contract with Ukraine, it would find a way to put leverage on it. Finding such specialists complimenting Ukrainian troops would suggest the actual support for Kiev is a tad higher than the purely non-lethal assistance officially offered to Kiev by the West. [end excerpt]
* "Charge of the Right Brigade: Ukraine and the Dynamics of Capitalist Insurrection" (2014-03-19) [http://www.thepolemicist.net/2014/03/charge-of-right-brigade-ukraine-and.html] [https://archive.today/4kz6w] [begin excerpt]:
In spite of common belief, the reason for the current economic crisis in Ukraine is not the turbulent situation in the country’s east, which generates around 16 per cent of GDP. The recession has been taking place in Ukraine since 2012 and the events in Donbas have just deepened it.
Undoubtedly, rising gas prices is what hit the Ukrainian economic model most painfully in recent years. As a result of the disastrous gas deal with Russia signed in 2009, Ukraine had to pay one of the highest prices for gas in Europe. The Ukrainian economy, energy-intensive and dependent on Russian gas, could barely manage. In 2005, Ukraine’s gas bill was 3.1 billion US dollars (3.5 per cent of GDP), three years later it was $9.5 billion (5.3 per cent of GDP) and in 2012 it was $14 billion, making up more than eight per cent of Ukraine’s GDP. Having in mind the state’s generous energy subsidies to private and public consumers and the high price of gas, it is no wonder that the Ukrainian economy has been severely damaged.
Yet, in April 2014, the IMF gave the green light for Ukraine to receive $16.6 billion. The first tranche of credit ($3.2 billion) was transferred to Kyiv one month later. Among the bailout’s conditions were obligations to conduct key reforms in the financial and energy sectors. Exports to Russia – Ukraine’s most important trade partner – decreased by 23.7 per cent within the first seven months of 2014. Overall export of Ukrainian goods decreased by 5.3 per cent.
However, Ukrainian goods are becoming more and more competitive on the European market. It is mainly a consequence of granting Ukraine the status of Autonomous Trade Preferences (ATP) on April 23rd.
* "On the Road to Collapse? The ongoing conflict with Russia, the war in Donbas and snap parliamentary elections make the gloomy economic condition of Ukraine less visible" (2015-01-19) [http://www.neweasterneurope.eu/articles-and-commentary/1457-on-the-road-to-collapse] [https://archive.today/fV5Le]
* Putin Signs Crimea Treaty, Calls For End to 'Cold War Rhetoric', from an Address by President of the Russian Federation (2014-03-18) [https://archive.today/GdjOg] [begin excerpt] They have had enough of the authorities in power during the years of Ukraine’s independence. Presidents, prime ministers and parliamentarians changed, but their attitude to the country and its people remained the same. They milked the country, fought among themselves for power, assets and cash flows and did not care much about the ordinary people. They did not wonder why it was that millions of Ukrainian citizens saw no prospects at home and went to other countries to work as day labourers. I would like to stress this: it was not some Silicon Valley they fled to, but to become day labourers. Last year alone almost 3 million people found such jobs in Russia. According to some sources, in 2013 their earnings in Russia totalled over $20 billion, which is about 12% of Ukraine’s GDP. [end excerpt]
* "US financier says Ukraine needs $15 billion in Western aid to survive" (2015-01-28) [http://itar-tass.com/en/economy/773764] [https://archive.today/iNWYS] [begin excerpt]:
Ukraine has turned into a cash-consuming project for the West. According to Ukraine’s government data, in 2014 the country received some $9 billion in foreign financial aid. This year, no new private investors are expected in Ukraine. Kiev reckons on the support of international financial organizations.
As part of the March aid program of the European Union, Ukraine is due to receive €11 billion up to 2020. The EU has already allocated two tranches worth €500 million and €850 million.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has earmarked $1.39 billion to Kiev. In addition, the EU has allocated €3.3 million for providing assistance to the population.
The major aid package is sent as part of target projects for Ukraine from the European Investment Bank (up to €3 billion) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (around €5 billion).
Ukraine’s foreign debt has already hit $73 billion, and another $14 billion has been spent on servicing it. By early January, the country’s gold and foreign currency reserves fell below $10 billion. In Ukraine, home to 42 million people, some 2 million citizens are currently unemployed.
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
* "SAUDI ARABIA’S TYRANT KING MISREMEMBERED AS MAN OF PEACE" (2015-01-23) [https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/23/saudi-arabias-king-misremembered-man-peace/] [https://archive.today/BOspo]: In a statement last night Senator John McCain eulogized Abdullah as “a vocal advocate for peace, speaking out against violence in the Middle East”. John Kerry described the late monarch as “a brave partner in fighting violent extremism” and “a proponent of peace”. Not to be outdone, Vice President Joe Biden released a statement mourning Abdullah and announced that he would be personally leading a presidential delegation to offer condolences on his passing.
It’s not often that the unelected leader of a country which publicly flogs dissidents and beheads people for sorcery wins such glowing praise from American officials.
Tiptoeing around his brutal dictatorship, The Washington Post characterized Abdullah as a “wily king” while The New York Times inexplicably referred to him as “a force of moderation”, while also suggesting that evidence of his moderation included having had: “hundreds of militants arrested and some beheaded”.
* "COMPARE AND CONTRAST: OBAMA’S REACTION TO THE DEATHS OF KING ABDULLAH AND HUGO CHÁVEZ" (2015-01-23) [https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/23/compare-contrast-obamas-reaction-king-abdullah-hugo-chavez/] [https://archive.today/n10vY]
* "Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Be $100 A Barrel Again" (2015-01-23) [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/23/prince-alwaleed-oil-price_n_6532284.html] [https://archive.today/3jB1r], [begin excerpt]: "I can assure you that Saudi Arabia is not using the oil price right now to impact the fracking industry in the United States," he said, adding that "there's an oversupply and demand is not so high."
The lack of balance between oil's supply and demand means the road back to $60-$70 range will be "not that easy, not that quick," he said.
"Eventually there's no doubt that some countries have to blink and reduce their production... I don't see Saudi Arabia or the OPEC countries blinking," he said.
Alwaleed said he thought oil's price could lead to political turmoil in countries like Venezuela that depend so much on the commodity and "don't have a lot of extra wealth on the side for that rainy day"—unlike Saudi Arabia and its neighbors.
Weighing in on the global currency market, Alwaleed simply said "I'm a dollar man."
* "Bad Saudi Arabian human rights record may change if Iran increases influence" (2015-01-23) [http://rt.com/op-edge/225559-saudi-arabia-king-death/] [https://archive.today/3audT]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Dai Nippon (Empire of Japan)
* "Neo-Fascism and the Resurgence of Militarism in Japan: A Revival of the Axis?" (2014-03-17) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/neo-fascism-and-the-resurgence-of-militarism-in-japan-a-revival-of-the-axis/5373881] [https://archive.today/auCrs]
* "Japanese Fascism Revisited" (2005, Stanford Journal of East Asian Affairs)[https://archive.today/CvZWy] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150123200552/http://web.stanford.edu/group/sjeaa/journal51/japan1.pdf]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of South Korea
Unified Progressive Party (UPP) Banned in South Korea
Down with the National Security Law! Defend Democratic Rights!
[The following article is from the International Bolshevik Tendency (IBT), a group with which the Revolutionary Tendency has a few disagreements, but one in which we have agreement on Korea. -Steven Argue] [Photo: Protest against government repression.]
On 19 December 2014, the Constitutional Court of South Korea ordered the disbanding of the Unified Progressive Party (UPP) on the grounds of alleged “support to North Korea,” expelling the party’s five deputies from parliament. Judicial and police agencies announced that any gathering related to the UPP is henceforth illegal.
In the 2012 elections, the UPP received more than 2 million votes, over 10 percent of the total. The attack on the party comes after decades of fierce political repression in a climate of anti-communist hysteria, which has seen the UPP condemned for “conspiracy to rebellion,” resulting in various repressive measures (see “Crackdown in Korea: Defend the UPP from state oppression!”).
The ban shows South Korea for what it really is – a semi-police state, which denies working people the right to free association and the free expression of political views. The IBT defends the UPP against state repression, just as we defend the right of all political tendencies within the workers’ movement to organize, to argue their politics, to stand for parliamentary elections and to take their seats when elected. This basic democratic right has particular importance for the working class and oppressed. Only through the full and free exchange of ideas will revolutionaries be able to combat the influence of political programs that lead workers to act against their own class interests. It is the duty of the left and workers’ movement in Korea to rally in defense of the UPP. An injury to one is an injury to all!
Although the UPP has never been a real threat to the bourgeois order in South Korea, the capitalists fear it as an expression of independent working-class political organization. But the UPP’s bureaucratic, Stalinist and nationalist political program does not provide a way forward for the Korean working class. In 2011, the UPP split from the Korean Democratic Labor Party, but carried forward that party’s traditions of reformism and class collaborationism, graphically illustrated in the 2012 presidential election when they withdrew from the race in favor of the Liberal candidate.
Overt support to the North Korean regime is illegal in the South under the National Security Law, and the UPP leadership has always been cautious about linking the party too closely. It is necessary to defend the UPP against state repression regardless of its views on North Korea.
Similarly, it is necessary to defend the North Korean state against capitalist counterrevolution and imperialist attack. It is not the undemocratic character of the Kim regime, but the fact that North Korea is a deformed workers’ state resting on collectivized property forms, that so enrages the Park Geun-hye government in the South.
Only the socialist transformation of Korea can protect and expand the rights of working people and the oppressed, who have a material interest in overturning both the Kim and Park governments and establishing the organs of workers’ rule – a workers’ political revolution in the North, combined with a social revolution in the South, uniting the Korean peninsula on a revolutionary basis.
A new development in The Republic of Greece (EU)
* "On Verge of Victory, Europe's Ascendant Left Declares 'Subservience is Over'; Joining together ahead of Greek elections, leaders of Syriza and Podemos signal their unified fight against austerity will extend beyond national borders" (2015-01-23) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/23/verge-victory-europes-ascendant-left-declares-subservience-over] [https://archive.today/ren0T]
* "Leftwing Syriza Wins Greek Elections, Forms Popular Front With Rightist Populists of the Independent Greeks Party" (2015-01-25, by Steven Argue) [https://archive.today/mD56l]
* "After the election of Syriza in Greece - Power is not in Parliament" (2015-01-25) [http://anarchism.pageabode.com/andrewnflood/election-syriza-greece-power-parliament] [https://archive.today/DV8p9]
* "Greece Begins The Great Pivot Toward Russia" (2015-01-27) [http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-27/greece-begins-great-pivot-toward-russia] [https://archive.today/52ng5]
* "Greek politician urges EU not to recognize Ukraine gov't after May 25 elections" (2014-05-16) [http://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/news/2014_05_16/Greek-politician-urges-EU-not-to-recognize-Ukraines-govt-after-May-25-elections-6905/] [https://archive.today/jO0Fh]
"We should not accept or recognize the government of neo-Nazis in Ukraine," the Athens News Agency quotes Tsipras who believes that the Ukrainian people should decide their future themselves.
Will Putin rescue Greece after the coming election? A Eurasian economic treaty, or a national loan, from a possible alternative to the monpolist IMF or World Bank loan that contains austerity plans.
Updates on the BOLIVARIAN ALTERNATIVE FOR OUR AMERICAS (ALBA)
* "Russia looks to counter U.S. influence in Latin America" (2015-01-19) [http://rbth.co.uk/international/2015/01/19/russia_looks_to_counter_us_influence_in_latin_america_42983.html] [https://archive.today/KwBpC]
* "US works to ease Caribbean dependence on Venezuelan oil" (2015-01-24, Associated Press) [https://archive.today/ZsAju]
Republic of Cuba
* "State Department negotiator meets with Cuban cardinal, dissidents" (2015-01-23) [http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article8000745.html] [https://archive.today/gaeRY]
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
* "Venezuela’s Maduro calls reports that Cabello faces drug charges ‘vulgar’ " (2015-01-27) [http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article8232987.html] [https://archive.today/3pzuu]
* "Revolution, Counter Revolution, and the Economic War in Venezuela" (2015-01-27)
pg.1 [http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/11170] [https://archive.today/sgYzP]
pg.2 [http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/11171] [https://archive.today/2uOOZ]
Photo: Member of the Venezuelan National Guard stands by a large supply of hoarded cooking oil. (PHOTO:Venezuelasolidarity)
[begin excerpt] After narrowly winning the presidential election in April of 2013, the opposition presidential candidate refused to concede the electoral victory to Nicolas Maduro and urged his followers to “drain the outrage.” The opposition waged an unsuccessful international campaign to delegitimize the outcome of the presidential election and an estimated eleven Chavistas were killed by anti-government extremists. Yet Maduro called for dialog with the opposition, and UNASUR as well as the Vatican helped to mediate the discussions. Maduro took some heat from the left for these talks and the shortages and price gouging only continued.
Later in the year (2013), Maduro launched an offensive to enforce price controls and anti-hoarding laws. While evoking the antipathy of big business, such measures may partly account for a recovery in the electoral base of Chavismo in time for the municipal elections in December that year. The PSUV and their allies won about three quarters of the municipalities in the December 2013 municipal elections. In what opposition leader Capriles had vowed would be a plebiscite on Chavismo, the PSUV and its allies together also won the popular vote by a margin of about 6.5 percent. Of course, a year later things are different: the economy is in recession and despite intensified government efforts to curtail contraband, speculation, and hoarding, the shortages have persisted.For Capriles Radonski, Venezuela is facing a state of emergency on account of a failed economic model and therefore the game is up for the Bolivarian project. On January 14 he called for a divided opposition to unite in the common cause of a “constitutional” change of government. His call appears to have gotten some traction. On January 18, Jesús Torrealba, executive secretary of the right wing MUD, announced that the various factions within the MUD have united: “This (situation) is grave and for this María Corina [Machado], [Leopoldo] López and [Henrique] Capriles are in agreement.” Torrealba also said that on the 23rd of January the opposition will march and go “where the pueblo are, where there is urban and rural poverty, we recall that 54% of the population live in the barrios.” [As we noted above, the MUD demonstration appears to have been changed to January 24.]The government position is that basic commodity shortages are being caused by elements of the private sector that control the importation, production and distribution of food and other products and criminal speculators and smugglers who are sometimes allied with this sector. These actors are allegedly responsible or complicit in the illegal stockpiling of products in warehouses aimed at bringing about artificial shortages. There is empirical evidence for such claims. Thousands of tons of products, including subsidized items, have been diverted from the marketplace for sale in Colombia in 2014. Warehouses full of goods that ought to be on store shelves are frequently discovered by the authorities. Subsidized food items are often purchased by speculators for resale at higher prices in the domestic market. Some importers have been buying products at the subsidized currency exchange rate but then selling those products as though they were purchased at the much higher parallel rate. Fictitious “importers” are also blamed for massive amounts of currency fraud by obtaining divisas (dollars)at the preferential exchange rate under pretext of importing priority goods and then selling those dollars on the parallel market or holding on to them in expectation of further devaluation of the bolivar, a practice that suggests the corruption of some public servants as well.
Opposition leader Capriles is certainly correct that the current economic model is not sustainable, but what is that model? While there has been a great deal of state intervention in the economy and significant social investment through the missions under Chavismo, Venezuela is still largely a capitalist country, and food imports and distribution, despite the growing number of cooperatives and socialist or mixed run enterprises, is still mostly in private hands. So the debate is not over whether the economic model has to be changed, all are agreed, but in what direction: should there be more or less social control over the means or terms of the production and distribution of goods and services?
As Venezuelan philosopher Carlos Lanz points out, the problem of scarcity and price gouging is not an aberration but a symptom of what he has called “the model of speculative accumulation” being imposed by the major food distributors and importers, a model that drives the economic war and is the major cause of scarcity in this South American country today (Email communication, 01-19-2015). The so called “economic war” is not just something being waged by elements of the private sector. It is at least in part an expression of the contradiction between the interest of capital in maximizing profits and the interest of labor in a more equitable distribution of socially produced wealth and of the income generated by the nation’s natural resources. In this light, one can interpret management induced production slowdowns and hoarding as a form of leverage to obtain concessions from the state on the repeal of price controls and to rein in some of the legal guarantees that favor labor over private interests. Maduro has taken a firm stand on the answer to this question in his speech to the nation on January 17 and again on January 21, 2015: “It is necessary to further advance the model, not to change it.”
The Psychological War [https://archive.today/sgYzP]: Instances of the sort of rumor mongering observed by Schémel can be found in the opposition press. For example, El Nacional published an opinion piece by journalist Marianella Salazar [https://archive.today/CaojM] which lays out the details of an alleged military conspiracy to force Maduro to resign and seek asylum in Cuba where Raul Castro has already allegedly agreed to receive him! Here is how Salazar speculates that the plot might then unfold: “on the agenda for the transition has emerged the name of General Raúl Baduel. Although he is in the military prison of Ramo Verde, he has auctóritas in the heart of the Bolivarian Armed Forces and they consider him a conciliator without intentions of installing a military dictatorship.” Among the outcomes of such a coup is that Venezuela could then “leave the China Fund and go to the International Monetary Fund.” The author also imagines that should General Baduel take the helm of the executive branch of government he would “avoid the Caracazo.” Perhaps this is supposed to give readers comfort. The Caracazo refers to an uprising originating in the poorer sections of Caracas in February 1989 in response to an IMF “structural adjustment package” imposed by then President Carlos Andrés Pérez. Pérez responded by declaring a state of emergency and between 300 and 3000 Venezuelans were killed by the security forces. Yet a return to the IMF is just what Salazar has in mind! [end excerpt]
* "Thousands March in Caracas to Commemorate Fall of Dictator" (2015-01-23) [http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11167] [https://archive.today/81Kup] [begin excerpt]:
On Friday, thousands took to the streets of the Venezuelan capital to commemorate the 57th anniversary of the toppling of the Pérez Jiménez dictatorship as well as to voice their support for the government of President Nicolás Maduro in the face of economic war and political destabilization.
Friday’s march comes in the midst of severe inflation and widespread shortages of basic goods, which President Maduro has termed an “economic war” that is reportedly being waged against the Bolivarian government by elements of the opposition. The President accused distributors of hoarding everyday products and presented them with an ultimatum to cooperate or face “tough measures.”
Yulixa Jiménez, like thousands of others at Friday’s march, remains defiant.
“We as a revolutionary people are conscious of what the Right is doing to us, because it’s part of their fascist plan,” says the 20-year old student at the Bolivarian University of Venezuela. “We have to be conscious of what is happening, and we have to advance in the struggle to produce our own products and not depend so much on income from oil.”
Carlos Martínez, 30, of La Parroquía Sucre, similarly notes the gravity of the current political and economic situation: “The economic war is affecting us. This is a small group of bourgeois who control the economic market of the country. It’s a real monster we’re fighting. we want to make it so the people can produce our own resources and we don’t depend on the monopolies.”
The 23rd of January is an historic date in which Venezuelans annually take to the streets to honor those fallen in the struggle against the Péres Jiménez dictatorship. However, for the thousands assembled in El Calvario on Friday, the 23rd of January is also a date which commemorates the more than 5000 revolutionaries assassinated by the governments that succeeded Pérez Jiménez during Venezuela’s 40-year long era of “pacted democracy,” known as the Fourth Republic, which only came to a close with Hugo Chávez’s election in 1998. A significant proportion of these political killings occurred during the 1989 rebellion by the popular classes against neoliberal austerity measures, known as the Caracazo, in which as many as 3,000 people were gunned down by the Venezuelan army.
Nonetheless, for those attending Friday’s march, this commemoration is anything but merely historical, but, on the contrary, has real implications for the present conjuncture. For Antonia Díaz, 40, the stakes are high: “If we allow this revolution to be lost, the same people [in power] during those years [of dictatorship] will come after us, the people, of Chávez…We will defend this process to the death.”
According to PSUV (United Socialist Party of Venezuela) youth leader Brian Mirandés, 21, the danger of returning to this not-so-distant past of brutal state repression is hardly abstract:
“In the past, many comrades died as a consequence of the repression of the Fourth Republic, comrades disappeared, one of the closest [fallen comrades], that we have now is Robert Serra, with whom I had the opportunity to work alongside, who was assassinated by the Right, by Imperialism.”
In the eyes of the thousands attending Friday’s rally, Robert Serra, the youngest ever National Assembly deputy who was assassinated by Colombian paramilitaries in October at the age of 27, is a symbol both of hope and of what is at stake in the Bolivarian Revolution. President Maduro himself underscored Serra’s inspirational legacy when he proposed that the slain deputy’s mother, Zulay Aguirre, run for her son’s National Assembly seat in the elections this coming December.
In his speech at Friday’s rally, President Nicolás Maduro denounced the visit by Sebastián Piñera, Andrés Pastrana, and Felipe Calderón, the ex-presidents of Chile, Colombia, and Mexico, respectively, who will be attending a forum organized by the Venezuelan opposition on Monday. The Venezuelan leader stated that these ex-presidents’ hands would be “forever stained in blood” in the event of a coup d'état in Venezuela.
The President underscored that the guests of the forum revealed the extreme rightwing character of the Venezuelan opposition, referencing Piñera’s role in the privatization of Chilean education and repression of the struggles by the indigenous Mapuche people as well as Calderón’s responsibility for the disastrous Mexican drug war and links to the drug cartels.
* "Venezuelan Opposition Stages March as Rightwing Violence Breaks out again in Merida State" (2015-01-25) [http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11169] [https://archive.today/lpcO6] [begin excerpt]:
Henrique Capriles, opposition presidential candidate in 2013 and governor of Miranda State, called for marches “every day until food appears.” This call for escalated opposition protests comes in the wake of the latest discovery of contraband items illegally hoarded by private distributors in Catia on Friday, which this time included 33 tons of household products, such as rice, diapers, dishwash soap, mayonnaise, tooth paste, deodorant, among other everyday items.
Despite reported calls for peaceful protests on the part of opposition leaders, some at Saturday’s march voiced support for violence if peaceful demonstrations fail to force President Maduro’s resignation.
According to Dilia Ortiz, 61, of El Calvario, if the “peaceful way” fails, “The extremists would regrettably come to talk violence...imagine, unimaginable situations...We believe in a peaceful, democratic salida, [exit of of President Maduro’s government], but I repeat, it’s not the only salida, this is our right, and everyone protests how he or she likes. All salidas are possible, both peaceful and extremist, it’s our right.”
If this violent, extremist salida becomes necessary, she went on, “we can accept assistance from other countries, why not, United States and any others would be welcome.”
During President Maduro’s speech to the National Assembly on Wednesday, he showed a video of phone conversations between Vice-Admiral Iván Carratú Molina, military official José de Jesús Gámez Bustamante, a self-proclaimed “expert in psychological operations” trained at the School of the Americas, and opposition student leader Franklin Hernández, in which they discussed plans to violently disrupt the planned chavista march for Friday, January 23. [end excerpt]
Updates on the EURASIAN UNION (EEU), the SHANGHAI COOPERATION ORGANIZATION (SCO), and allies
* "(United Eurasia, Pt. 2): The Powerful Organization that No One’s Talking About" (2015-01-12) [http://thewealthwatchman.com/united-eurasia-pt-2-the-powerful-organization-that-no-ones-talking-about/] [https://archive.today/LkHee]
* "Iran, Russia to create ‘joint bank’ for trade in national currencies – ambassador" (2015-01-28) [http://rt.com/business/226875-russia-iran-currencies-trade/] [https://archive.today/RL258] [begin excerpt]: After signing “bilateral monetary treaties” with several states, Iran is no longer planning to use the US dollar in trade with those states, Gholamali Kamyab, deputy head of the Central Bank of Iran (CBI), announced earlier. “In trade exchanges with foreign countries, Iran uses other currencies, including the Chinese yuan, euro, Turkish lira, Russian ruble, and South Korean won,” he said.
Russia already has a currency swap agreement with China, which could potentially lessen the US dollar's influence on the global energy and other markets. [end excerpt]
* "Russia-China Trade Grows 7-10% in 10 Months: Chinese Official" (2014-11-21) [http://sputniknews.com/business/20141121/1014992499.html] [https://archive.today/I5s0o]
* "Russia, China to Start Joint Production of Helicopters, Engines: Rostec" (2014-11-14) [http://sputniknews.com/business/20141114/1014732479.html] [https://archive.today/8INpK]
* "Russian Army to Start Using Traditional Chinese Medicine" (2015-01-20) [http://sputniknews.com/military/20150120/1017130931.html] [https://archive.today/8S2Gt]
* "Record high Chinese imports of Russian oil in 2014" (2015-01-23) [http://rt.com/business/225687-saudi-oil-china-russia/] [https://archive.today/z6rH6], [begin excerpt]: Chinese imports of oil from major OPEC countries fell last year, while the purchases of Russian oil saw a record increase, said the Chinese General Administration of Customs. It is part of Chinese plans to diversify its oil sources. Last year, the share of Saudi oil in the Chinese market fell 8 percent and the volume from Venezuela dropped 11 percent (below 20 million tons), while the share of Russian oil leapt 36 percent, the equivalent to 665,000 barrels a day, General Administration of Customs said Friday in a report. Saudi Arabia remains China’s largest supplier with 49.67 million tons of exports in 2014, or 997,000 barrels a day, the least since 2010. The agreement with Rosneft signed in 2013 could make China Russia’s biggest crude export market by 2018. Oil flows to China through the East Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline which could increase supplies to 20 million tons a year by 2017.
Rosneft obtained $2 billion in loans from the China Development Bank and advanced payment for part of the oil deliveries.
In November 2014, Saudi Arabia significantly reduced its official price to Asian buyers to its lowest since 2008. The move was made to keep market share in the region with the fastest growing demand. December cargoes were sold at $75 a barrel, and that’s compared with the full-year average of $101.50. Meanwhile Saudi Arabia remains the main supplier for the whole of the Asian continent and accounts for 70 percent of its demand, according to the US Energy Information Administration.
=== * === * ===
Union of Novorossiya and the People's Republics of Donetsk and Lunhask
Map showing Novorossiyan People's Republics [https://archive.today/0P6Rb]
* "Ukraine's Donetsk self-proclaimed republic plans to raise coal production by 13% in 2015" (2015-01-27) [http://itar-tass.com/en/economy/773731] [https://archive.today/PbZgz]
* "Courts to begin working in Donetsk Republic from February" (2015-01-24) [http://itar-tass.com/en/world/773134] [https://archive.today/DcniB]
* "Novorossiya Must Bring Kiev’s War Criminals to Justice: A Legal Analysis" (2014-10-12) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/novorossiya-must-bring-kievs-war-criminals-to-justice-a-legal-analysis/5407529] [https://archive.today/Yr2ZJ], [begin excerpt]:
The author, Dr. Jonathan Levy, is an attorney member of the International Criminal Bar and holds a PhD in Political Science. He may be reached at [email@example.com].
Under the influence of an intense disinformation campaign much of the world has tried its best to ignore the existence of the sovereign state of Novorossiya (Federativnoye Gosudarstvo Novorossiya). The Western media when it does mention Novorossiya applies denigrating terms like self declared state, unrecognized state and even puppet republic to describe the status of Novorossiya. In fact under international law, Novorossiya has the same status as any other member of the community nations – it is a sovereign independent nation.
Diplomatic recognition is an important first step towards international legitimacy since South Ossetia itself is recognized by four UN member states – Russia, Venezuela, Cuba, and Nauru. More recognition for Novorossiya of course would be desirable but is not necessary to establish legitimacy. Somaliland for example which has been sovereign since 1991 and is recognized by no other country yet has maintained its complete independence and conducts business worldwide, issues passports and currency, and defends itself without any disapproval from the major powers. Novorossiya unlike Somaliland is an industrialized nation in Europe and not on the periphery of Africa, its relevance as an independent nation is asdsured.
Therefore Novorossiya itself as a sovereign state must seize the initiative. Just as Novorossiya and only Novorossiya defended itself from Kiev, it is only Novorossiya that can move forward with a war crimes tribunal. Evidence and testimony has been already been collected and it is abundant. Many of the perpetrators both high and low are known and the rest will be discovered. The enablers, propagandists and funders of genocide outside Ukraine are also numbered and known for the most part. There is no lack of allegations or suspects. What is lacking is the mechanism to bring them to justice.
Currently, Novorossiya is isolated. The threat of sanctions against the companies and persons of those who might help has unfortunately made the cause of justice take a back seat to economics and politics. Yet Novorossiya can act against war criminals and not just symbolically. Section 107 of the Restatement (Second) of Foreign Relations Law of the United States  states that:
“An entity not recognized as a state but meeting the requirements for recognition specified in § 100 [of controlling a territory and population and engaging in foreign relations], or an entity recognized as a state whose regime is not recognized as its government, has the rights of a state under international law in relation to a non-recognizing state…”
See also Article 74 of the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties which states that “The severance or absence of diplomatic or consular relations between two or more States does not prevent the conclusion of treaties between those States.” What all this means is that under international law Novorossiya may act avail itself of all the remedies under international law as long as some other states concur. [end excerpt]
* "Shelling in Donetsk continues" (2015-01-09, Novorossiya Today) [https://archive.today/rjuk9]
* "Donetsk republic says Ukrainian army used phosphorus bombs in attack on Donetsk airport: Itar Tass" (2015-01-17) [https://archive.today/HI6UZ]
* "Ukraine continues shelling cities around Donetsk" (2015-01-17, PressTV, Islamic State of Iran) [https://archive.today/jova8]
* "Russian forces, equipment enter Ukraine, PM says" (2015-01-20, CNN) [https://archive.today/QxdYw]
* "Bloody Epiphany" (2015-01-20) [https://archive.today/AGhay] [begin excerpt]: One can expect for a while exclusively defensive actions from the Militia in Donetsk and possibly diversionary attacks in other directions to force Kiev’s commanders to hold back their reserves. However, when such tactics bring the whole situation to a “slackening”—it will be enough for the punitive troops to be successful in any of the areas, and then no diversionary attacks will help—everything will be thrown into the breakthrough.
It is somewhat naïve to count on the fact that the Militia will wear down the enemy in defensive battles and then go on the offensive—not for that did the Kremlin rigidly halt the offensive in September, only to allow it, for some reason, in January. The goal remains unchanged—to pass the Donbass under the control of Ukraine, at any price, but with a pro-Russian administration. Actually, now people are being killed just for Zakharchenko and Plotnitskiy to become Ukrainian governors. If it will not be them, it will be someone else. Personalities are not important—functionality is.
Kiev is not satisfied with such an approach. Strictly speaking, this was why the situation became aggravated. Currently there are no signs that Kiev and Moscow are ready to resolve the problem at a stroke, so if the punitive troops do not achieve any decisive progress within a week or ten days, the intensity of the fighting could seriously decrease. Then again will be declared an incredible victory—a return to the peace process. Until the next exacerbation. [end excerpt]
* "Russia To Call For Ceasefire At Four-Nation Talks As Ukraine Claims Russian Troops Attacked Its Forces" (2015-01-21, International Business Times news) [https://archive.today/WYtWY]
* "Germany Offers Russia Free Trade Agreement" (2015-01-22, Novorossiya Today) [https://archive.today/XWIK0] [begin excerpt]: The German newspaper “Süddeutsche Zeitung” reports that German Chancellor Angela Merkel offered Russia negotiations over a free trade agreement between the European Union and Russia. The German government sees this offer as an incentive for the Russian government to really implement the Minsk protocol in Ukraine as Merkel states. The idea of a free trade agreement between Russia and the EU goes back to a proposal from Russian president Vladimir Putin in 2010. [end excerpt]
* "Ukraine blames pro-Russia rebels for Donetsk trolleybus attack" (2015-01-21, AFP newswire) [https://archive.today/ZLYrB]
* "Ukraine PM says Russia should bear responsibility for deadly Donetsk attack" (2015-01-22, Reusters newswire) [https://archive.today/idn6D]
* "Kiev State-Sponsored Murder in Donetsk" (2015-01-22 by Stephen Lendman) [https://archive.today/LBBlQ]
* "Shelling at Donetsk public-transit stop kills at least eight" (2014-01-22, Reuters newswire) [https://archive.today/0dbjA] [begin excerpt]: At least eight civilians were killed on Thursday when a shell or mortar hit a public transport stop in the rebel-controlled city of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine, regional officials and eyewitnesses said. Regional officials put the number of dead at 8, though rebel statements suggested a higher death toll. Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsentyuk said it was the work of separatists and that Russia, which Kiev says is arming the rebels and giving them military support on the ground, bore responsibility. Vladimir Kononov, a separatist official, said: “A sabotage group was at work. This group has been detained.” [end excerpt]
* "Mortar Shell Strikes Donetsk Tram Stop. At Least 13 Dead, Dozens Injured" (2015-01-22) [http://russia-insider.com/en/2015/01/22/2641] [https://archive.today/STEYg]
* "597 Ukrainian troops killed in clashes at Donetsk airport — DPR defense ministry" (2015-01-22, TASS Russian News Agency) [https://archive.today/mfcNV]
* "DPR Official: 597 Ukrainian Troops, Some In NATO Uniforms, Killed In Clashes" (2015-01-23) [https://archive.today/Wi9kd] [begin excerpt]: Dead bodies in NATO uniforms and a great number of US-made weapons have been recovered from under the debris of the Donetsk airport, Eduard Basurin, a spokesman for the defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Thursday. “While examining the building of the Donetsk airport, we found a great number of American firearms, assault rifles and hand mortars, equipment and communications devices,” he said. “We also found publications in European languages, including on religious matters.” Apart from that, “we found dead bodies in NATO uniforms under the debris in the new terminal. Personal belongings indicated that these people were foreign citizens contracted by private military companies who operated under the disguise of Ukrainian subversive groups,” he said. [end excerpt]
* "New Offensive in the Ukraine" (2015-01-23) [http://novorossiya.today/new-offensive-ukraine/] [https://archive.today/E2yFt] [begin excerpt]: The leader of the DPR (Donetsk People’s Republic), Alexander Zakharchenko, announced in a statement to Interfax a new offensive against government troops. Ukrainian officials are confirming a rebel offensive against government positions. This announcement and the apparently already started offensive naturally neutralize all diplomatic efforts for a peaceful solution of the conflict. The Minsk protocol never was implemented properly and as it should now be clear to everyone failed as discussed in an earlier article. Zakharchenko told Interfax also that the rebels are not going talks on a ceasefire anymore. While the separatists start a new offensive, the Ukrainian government claims that 9,000 Russian troops were on Ukrainian territory fighting against government troops. [end excerpt]
* Map of Operations, January 24-25, 2015 [https://archive.today/UNzr5]
* "Donetsk Republic Disclaims Mariupol Shelled by Militia" (2014-01-24, FARS News Agency) [https://archive.today/auqmq]
* "Mariupol spotter ‘confession’ another fake by Kiev – Russian Defense Ministry" (2015-01-26, RT News) [https://archive.today/q2wJT]
* "Kiev used barrier squads to prevent troops from retreating – E. Ukraine militia" (2015-01-27, RT News) [https://archive.today/if1Mm] [begin excerpt]: The Ukrainian military employed barrier troops who fired at their fellow servicemen in order to prevent their retreat during a night battle in the country's southeast, the Defense Ministry of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said. An injured Ukrainian soldier who surrendered to the militias said during questioning that “anti-retreat units from territorial defense battalions were used against the Ukrainian troops,” Basurin said. According to the spokesman, 70 Ukrainian troops have surrendered to the rebels since January 9, with 11 of them capitulating in the past 24 hours. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian Defense Ministry decided to accelerate the graduation of students from the country's military schools and universities in order to deploy them to the conflict zone in the Donetsk and Lugansk Regions, TASS reported. “It is done to make up for the huge combat losses of officers” in the fighting in the southeast and the mass evasion of mobilization by reserve officers of the Ukrainian army, representative parent associations of Ukrainian military schools said. [end excerpt]
* "EU leaders threaten new Russia sanctions over Ukraine" (2015-01-27, AFP newswire) [https://archive.today/w6Eva]
* "Borotba Activists Arrested and Expelled From Donetsk" (2015-01-22) [https://archive.today/tbDV8]
* Fascist sympathizers from Belarus join fascist Ukraine government's invasion of Novorossiya's liberated zones (2015-01-19) [http://www.charter97.org/en/news/2015/1/19/135922/] [https://archive.today/LY0tF]
* "The OSCE has reported numerous destructions in Donetsk" (2015-01-21) [http://newstwenty4seven.com/en/news/v-obse-soobschili-o-mnogochislennyh-razrushenijah-v-donetske] [https://archive.today/1JJb4], [begin excerpt]:
Destruction of houses, according to the report, were recorded in three districts of the city. The 3rd city hospital observers saw the damage on the facade from the explosion. Deputy chief physician said that the shelling was carried out on January 19. The mission also stated that the shells exploded in the immediate vicinity of the 17th hospital of Donetsk in the Kuibyshev district.
* "Donetsk doctors 'repair' Ukrainian 'cyborgs' " (2015-01-22) [http://slavyangrad.org/2015/01/22/donetsk-doctors-repair-ukrainian-cyborgs/] [https://archive.today/cUP7w]
* People's Republic of Nikolaev: "Nikolaev Republic Underground Address" (2014-10-27) [http://fortruss.blogspot.de/2014/10/nikolaev-republic-underground-address.html] [https://archive.today/K49yd], original version in Russian at [https://archive.today/A3YQa]
* "Kherson, Nikolaev and Odessa declare their desire to join Crimea - official" (2014-03-03) [http://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/news/2014_03_03/Kherson-Nikolaev-and-Odessa-declare-their-desire-to-join-Crimea-official-5026/] [https://archive.today/IX33J]
International Brigades have united to fight fascism in defense of the People of Novorossiya!
Photo, flags displayed left-to-right: Serbia, Novorossiya, France, Romania
* "International students send aid to Donbass; oppose Kiev and U.S.-backed war" [http://www.fightbacknews.org/2014/12/31/international-students-send-aid-donbass-oppose-kiev-and-us-backed-war].
International Students Aid to Donbass can be contacted at [polskidonbasu@) gmail.com]
USA: Call for aid to the People of Novorossiya, adapted from a comment by a Citizen -
Just a Question to comrades in the USA. WHY have you not even started to send aid; as was done by the working-class of the USA in solidarity with Spain's anti-fascist government in the 30's? The People's Republics of Donetsk and Luhan are NOT classified as terrorists by our domestic legal authorities, so it is LEGAL to aid Novorossia!
It is legal to form a Brigade of any kind, especially medical, yet i find that not even hard-line internationally-minded Leftists want anything to do with it. Not even news updates. The American "left" has had its figurative balls removed. Novorossia is drowning in Fascist attacks; and the USA "left" just focuses on cop violence, without connecting-the-dots internationally! "An Injury to One, Is an Injury to All!".
If anyone in this cursed nation cares to fight real fascism, now is the time to put your ideology to the test. Join the #JohnReedBrigade in Seattle, and support the International Brigades efforts to defend the People by donating money for food and medical supplies!
During the '30s, the Friends of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade sent aid to Spain, and that was during a depression. You say you are not in a "position to send aid?" Really? You don't have 20USD to send, time to ask for donations, gather food, clothes. Seriously, this is why i am very ashamed of the USA "Left." Not just the lack of any man power representing in the International Brigades in the Donbass, but the total lack of more than words. I can not speak Russian, or i would be talking to far more people. However, of the US "left", why are they not setting-up aid? Why am i unable to send food or trucks or money to aid Novorossiya? ITS NOT AGAINST THE LAW. I cap that because i feel many Americans may think its a crime. Most of the Left is Liberal, so timidness is a given with regards to laws. During the 1930s, 70,000 Americans in Tampa, FL of all places, once showed up to a Rally in support of the anti-fascist Spanish Republic. Have more than 50-100 done anything about Novorossiya to date?
=== * === * ===
Federation of Russia
* "Russia Challenged by Four Global Mafia Cartels" (2014-12-19) [http://sputniknews.com/radio_burning_point/20141219/1016060718.html] [https://archive.today/2QQPe]
* "Did a Russian Parliamentarian Just Commit Treason? PowerPoint given by Russian opposition leader blueprints US-backed violent overthrow of Russian government" (2015-01-19) [http://landdestroyer.blogspot.ca/2015/01/did-russian-parliamentarian-just-commit.html] [https://archive.today/EzXB4]
* "Western Media on the Russian 'Crisis': Unfounded 'Schadenfreude' " (2015-01-16) [http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20150116/1016970969.html] [https://archive.today/7zJSy], [begin excerpt]: The Western press is full of Schadenfreude directed towards Russia: in the beginning of January, US-based Fitch Ratings decreased Russia’s rating from BBB to BBB-. Standard& Poor’s (S&P) generously gave Russia's sovereign debt a BB+ rating, just below investment-grade level, which would signal less risky investment opportunities. But what reasons do Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor’s have for being so pessimistic about Russia? And why are they not as pessimistic as, say, Anders Aslund, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics and a former adviser to late Yegor Gaidar, the main architect of Russia’s oft-reviled "shock therapy" reforms of the 1990s? Aslund predicts that the national economy will contract by 8-10 percent, and Fitch magnanimously limits itself to 2.9 percent.
Ben Aris, the editor-in-chief of Business New Europe, the only English-language publication which covers ALL the countries of the former Soviet Union and the former Soviet block in Europe, claims the answer is simple: the doomsday predictions are based on some very shaky evidence.
"If you look at the figures and not the Western headlines, you will see that Russia is not in a crisis," Ben Aris says. "There have been no significant bankruptcies, no bank runs and the budget is still in the black, with debts much lower than in the post-Soviet countries, let alone in such countries as Greece or Italy. Russia is never as bad as the Western economists describe it. These economists usually have a very particular 'love' for Russia."
* "Russia Produces Country’s First Beryllium Specimen" (2015-01-16) [http://sputniknews.com/science/20150116/1016981165.html] [https://archive.today/4Z1AQ]
Beryllium is a relatively rare element commonly used in the production of aircraft components, missiles, spacecraft and satellites. To date, only the United States, China and Kazakhstan extract commercial quantities of beryllium.
* "Energia's International Work Unaffected by US Sanctions" (2015-01-20) [http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Energias_International_Work_Unaffected_by_US_Sanctions_999.html] [https://archive.today/yaqTj]
* "Russian firm seals $1 billion deal to supply US rocket engines" (2015-01-16) [http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Russian_firm_seals_1_billion_deal_to_supply_US_rocket_engines_999.html] [https://archive.today/VQU4U]
* "Russia Could Export 30 More Rocket Engines to US" (2015-01-20) [http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Space_Corporation_Says_Russia_Could_Export_30_More_Rocket_Engines_to_US_999.html] [https://archive.today/Io2gq]
* "Moscow warns of reprisal over Poland’s ‘outrageous’ airspace closure for Russian Defense Minister’s jet" (2014-08-29) [http://rt.com/news/183800-russia-poland-airspace-reprisal/] [https://archive.today/eB45T]
=== * === * ===
Islamic Republic of Iran
* "Iran 'backward' after sanctions 'lies': minister" (2015-01-19) [http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Iran_backward_after_sanctions_lies_minister_999.html] [https://archive.today/f03cV]
PressTV.com is Iran State Media and is considered a verifiable source. Similer to how USA monopolist media hold interviews of dissident organizations hostile to governments considered an enemy to the USA, Iran State Media has invited Ku Klux Klan (KKK) leader David Duke to their news programs [https://archive.today/s8sVE], as well as provide coverage to topics associated by people in the USA as affiliated with Nazis and white American nationalists, to provide commentary against the USA such as in the following example:
* "Jewish Mafia tied to death of America" (2013-01-03) [http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/01/03/281521/jewish-mafia-tied-to-death-of-america/] [https://archive.today/JJWum]
=== * === * ===
People's Republic of China
* "China to Start Building Five Nuclear Reactors in 2015" (2015-01-15) [http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150115/1016945537.html] [https://archive.today/vxxdg]
* "China to investigate state-owned enterprises: govt" (2015-01-14) [http://www.terradaily.com/reports/China_to_investigate_state-owned_enterprises_govt_999.html] [https://archive.today/M6w8k]
* "Tycoon Li Ka-Shing losing status as China business 'bellwether': paper" (2015-01-14) [http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Tycoon_Li_Ka-Shing_losing_status_as_China_business_bellwether_paper_999.html] [https://archive.today/4qkVe]
=== * === * ===
* "Ex-government official recounts risks of leaving NKorea" (2015-01-19) [http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Voices_of_North_Korea_Ex-government_official_recounts_risks_of_leaving_999.html] [https://archive.today/rXiFD]
* "North Korean Prison Camp Survivor Admits Parts of His Story Untrue" (2015-01-18) [http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150118/1017046208.html] [https://archive.today/yNkG5]
COMMITTEE FOR THE STUDY OF
HISTORY& THE CURRENT CONTEXT
* $65. the Dave Emory Archive, on a 32GB Flashdrive [https://archive.today/YefqQ]
* $60 World Watchers International DVD archive [http://www.maebrussell.com/CD%20catalog/Mae%27s%20CDs%20Part%201.html]
* $15 for a intelligently documented study of the origins of fascism among the monopolist capitalists in the USA [http://coat.ncf.ca/support_us/support_us.htm] issues 53, 54,
1936: In the USA, thousads of Worker's Unions and Community Organizations send aid to help the anti-fascist vanguards of Spain against aggression by Nazi Germany and fascist Italy!
The rising tide of anti-fascism in the USA scared the monopolists, who had been using fascism to secure for themselves a world market free from "leftism"and democracy!
* "America and a New World Order" by Graeme K. Howard - Vice President of General Motors in the 1930s, published 1940 in the United States of America. View the title page [.jpg]. More info [https://archive.today/hfgx1]
* "How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power" (2014-09-25) [http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar] [https://archive.today/PIYoX]
* "Ford and GM Scrutinized for Alleged Nazi Collaboration" (1998-11-30) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/nov98/nazicars30.htm] [https://archive.today/BqrjB]
* "Wall Street's Plot to Seize the White House: Facing the Corporate Roots of American Fascism" [http://coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/links/53/53-index.html]
* "The Real Plot to Overthrow FDR's America" (2005) [http://m.dailykos.com/story/2005/02/27/95580/-The-Real-Plot-to-Overthrow-FDR-s-America] [https://archive.today/NXtg0]
* "WALL STREET ANDTHE RISE OF HITLER" [http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/wall_street/index.html]
CIA Director Allen W. Dulles, brother of the secretary of State DulIes, was a former director of the Schroeder Bank in New York, was an old associate of Frank C Tiarks, a partner in the Schroeder Bank in London since 1902, and a director of the Bank of England in 1912-1945, as well as Lazard Brothers Bank, and the AIOC. It will be recalled that the Schroeder Bank in Cologne helped to arrange Hitler's accession to power as chancellor in January 1933.
* "American supporters of the European Fascists" [http://www.rationalrevolution.net/war/american_supporters_of_the_europ.htm] [https://archive.today/qX3Jz] [begin excerpt]: In 1940 Graeme K. Howard, Vice President of General Motors, published America and a New World Order, in which he advised that America give full cooperation to the Nazi regime. In his book he blames FDR for causing the war in Europe and goes on to say that the fascists should be supported as the better alternative to the spread of Communism.
Charles Lindbergh attending Nazi party in Berlin - 1935
A number of prominent and wealthy American businessmen helped to support fascist regimes in Europe from the 1920s through the 1940s. These people helped to support Francisco Franco during the Spanish Civil War of 1936, as well as Benito Mussolini, and Adolph Hitler.
Some of the primary and more famous Americans and companies that were involved with the fascist regimes of Europe are: William Randolph Hearst, Joseph Kennedy (JFK's father), Charles Lindbergh, John Rockefeller, Andrew Mellon (head of Alcoa, banker, and Secretary of Treasury), DuPont, General Motors, Standard Oil (now Exxon), Ford, ITT, Allen Dulles (later head of the CIA), Prescott Bush, National City Bank, and General Electric.
It should be noted that businessmen from many countries, including England and Australia, also worked with the fascist regimes of Europe prior to WWII. The fascist governments were involved in a high level of construction, production, and international business.
After American entry into World War II Lindbergh went to work for Henry Ford as an aircraft design consultant, and then went on to Japan to support American efforts in the Pacific. This was actually against the approval of the Roosevelt administration.
Henry Ford was an avowed anti-Semite, and significant contributor to the Nazi movement in Germany. In 1920 Ford stated: "The international financiers are behind all war. They are what is called the International Jew -- German Jews, French Jews, English Jews, American Jews. I believe that in all these countries except our own the Jewish financier is supreme... Here, the Jew is a threat."
"Fascism Part II: The Rise of American Fascism" [http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/rise_of_american_fascism.htm] [https://archive.today/3Fd14]:
Though it is often said today that the concept of an "Aryan race" was invented by Hitler or the Nazis, this is not true. The concept of an Aryan race certainly predates the rise of Nazism. Here, in 1915, in the most popular film in American history up to that time, the entire story focused on the concept of defending the Aryan race.
Birth of a Nation described how Lincoln had undermined state sovereignty and created a powerful federal government. It depicted Northern blacks and freed slaves as monstrous villains who were destroying white civilization and abusing their new-found power after the Civil War. The major villain of the film is a mulatto, a man of "mixed white and black race".
Near the final climax of the film, where the Ku Klux Klan unites to save a town from "Negro anarchy", the film's protagonists retreat to a cabin that is occupied by a Union Civil War veteran and the following scene commences:
* "Martin Bormann — Nazi in Exile" (2006) [http://spitfirelist.com/books/martin-bormann-nazi-in-exile/] [https://archive.today/ghh4n] [begin excerpt]: A decisively powerful network of corporate entities run by hardened SS veterans, the Bormann group constitutes what one veteran banker termed “the greatest concentration of money power under a single control in history.” The foundation of the organization’s clout is money—lots and lots of money. Controlling German big business and, through investments, much of the rest of the world’s economy, the organization was the repository for the stolen wealth of Europe, estimated by British intelligence to have totaled more than $180 billion by the end of 1943 (not including the money taken from Greece and the former Soviet Union, nor that taken after 1943.) This organization literally constitutes a postwar “Underground Reich” with a governing hierarchy composed of the sons and daughters of SS men, holding military ranks and titles from the Third Reich.
In addition to the enormous power deriving from its consummate economic clout, the Bormann group has wielded tremendous global influence through its intelligence and enforcement network. Administered by SS general Heinrich Mueller, the wartime head of the Gestapo, the Bormann group’s intelligence and security network was composed of some of the toughest, most capable veterans of the SS. In addition, the Bormann organization and Mueller’s security outfit have commanded the loyalty of the political, intelligence and military elements requisitioned by the Allies after the war. In that regard, the Bormann/Mueller operation could draw on the loyalties of the Reinhard Gehlen spy outfit that handled the CIA’s intelligence on the former Soviet Union and which ultimately became the intelligence service of the Federal Republic of Germany. In addition, Bormann and Mueller were the political masters of the numerous scientists recruited by the U.S. and other nations for their expertise during the Cold War, as well as the numerous Nazis brought into the U.S. under the auspices of the Crusade For Freedom. Those latter ultimately coalesced into a major element of the Republican Party.
Photo: Martin Borman and some associates of his in the fascist European Union SS agency (c.1943)
* The fascist European Union's SS agency organized the Neue Europa’s International Army beginning 1941 to 1945 [http://www.patriot.dk/aryan1.html] [https://archive.today/Xq9PZ], before their defeat by the alliance of the USA, UKGB, and USSR. Photo: Frankreich, Rommel, "Indische Legion"
Incidentally, Ronald Reagan started his career in domestic security as a snitch for Hollywood star and Nazi agent Errol Flynn during the late 1930s. This and a whole lot more at the SpitFire List archives, archiving research by David Emory [https://archive.today/yaMwT]. Listen-in to hear all about it, at
* "Ronald Reagan, Errol Flynn & the Third Reich", an episode of the One Step Beyond FM radio show with Dave Emory, 1989-02-05
Part 1 44:02 [https://web.archive.org/web/20130307025023/http://emory.kfjc.org/archive/misc/m_33a.mp3]
Part 2 44:40 [https://web.archive.org/web/20130307025023/http://emory.kfjc.org/archive/misc/m_33b.mp3]
Part 3 3:30 [https://web.archive.org/web/20130307025023/http://emory.kfjc.org/archive/misc/m_33c.mp3]
also listen-in to:
* "The Confessions of Roger Hefferan: A Reagan Staff Member Speaks Out & 'Spills the Beans' " (1986-07-27). One file 36:14 [https://web.archive.org/web/20130307025023/http://emory.kfjc.org/archive/misc/m_35.mp3],
a former member of the Reagan White House staff describes the pre-eminent role of George Bush in the Oval Office while he was still “officially” Vice President. Hefferan also claims that Bush undertook a scheme to provoke a nuclear strike by the Soviet Union against the People’s Republic of China.
* "Did Hitler recruit Errol Flynn as a spy for the Nazis?" [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1198930/Did-Hitler-recruit-Errol-Flynn-spy-Nazis.html] [https://archive.today/fONih] [begin excerpt]: Flynn biographer Charles Higham claims his research shows the dashing actor's espionage for the Germans led to hundreds dying in concentration camps. There is no doubt whatsoever that Flynn had Nazi sympathies and worked as a Nazi operative if not an actual agent. 'He was first noticed for his violently anti-British and pro-Nazi views as early as 1934 and there is little doubt his work for the Nazis resulted in people being killed.' According to Mr Higham, Flynn was weaned on bigotry, growing up in an anti-Semitic, Irish-Catholic family in Tasmania, where racism was rife in the 1920s. He claims that in the early 1930s Flynn fell under the influence of Hermann Erben, an Austrian doctor and Nazi party member, whom he met by chance while on his way to Britain by boat. In declassified U.S. files, Mr Higham uncovered a 1934 letter written by Flynn to Erben in which he complained about a 'slimy Jew' who was trying to cheat him. 'I do wish we could bring Hitler over here to teach these Isaacs a thing or two,' Flynn wrote. In 1937 Erben, who would later head German intelligence in Mexico during the war, went with Flynn to Spain where the actor's film notoriety - Mr Higham argues - was used as cover to gather information about German socialists. The Germans involved were volunteers fighting in the Spanish Civil War in the Thaelmann Battalion, named after German communist leader Ernst Thaelmann. Hitler, who supported the Spanish fascist leader General Franco, was enraged by the fact that German citizens had joined the republican forces. Mr Higham says information from Erben and Flynn was relayed to Gestapo chiefs in Germany and used to round up relatives of the battalion members, many of whom later died in concentration camps. He also claims that in 1938 Flynn met Hitler, who was an admirer of his films, at his Bavarian retreat. [end excerpt]
* "Report: The Kochs, A Nazi Past, Oil & The Foundation of The Right" [https://unknownjournal.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/▼-report-the-kochs-their-nazi-past-american-oil-the-foundation-of-republican-ideology/] [https://archive.today/wTvOA]
"Nazi Hydra in America" book
* In its original form [http://cosmicpenguin.com/GDY/gdy/nazihydra.html].
* As a single (.pdf) document [https://web.archive.org/web/20090701232054/http://www.vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres8/Hydra.pdf].
* As a single (.html) document, with images, missing ch.3 [https://archive.today/Yq5bM].
* "Nazi Hydra in America" has gone missing [https://archive.org/post/1005051/nazi-hydra-in-america-has-gone-missing]
* Nazi Collaborator Alfred P. Sloan [http://aconstantineblacklist.blogspot.de/2009/02/nazi-collaborator-alfred-p-sloan.html] [https://archive.today/I8ulE]
* "NPR, Alfred P. Sloan & the Corporate Roots of American Fascism" [http://www.constantinereport.com/npr-alfred-p-sloan-the-corporate-roots-of-american-fascism/] [https://archive.today/3GZva]
* Fascist Vanguards of Eastern Europe and the Republican Heritage Committees of the USA [http://historyandcurrentcontext.blogspot.de/2015/01/fascist-vanguards-of-eastern-europe-and.html] [https://archive.today/QdLYU]
* "The Gipper and the Underground Reich" (2004) [http://spitfirelist.com/for-the-record/ftr-465-the-gipper-and-the-underground-reich/] [https://archive.today/HX1zc]
* "The Horrifying American Roots of Nazi Eugenics" [http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1796] [https://archive.today/8amCi]
* "21st Century Industrial Complexes - Part 1: Fascism and the Führer™ Brands of Corporatism" (2013-06-11) [http://www.sott.net/article/262662-21st-Century-Industrial-Complexes-Part-1-Fascism-and-the-FuhrerTM-Brands-of-Corporatism] [https://archive.today/NSO32]
* "England’s Nazi King" [http://www.constantinereport.com/edward-viii-englands-nazi-king/] [https://archive.today/Myjzt] [begin excerpt]:
In December 1940, as war raged in Europe and Britain battled Hitler in lonely isolation, American journalist Fulton Oursler received an unexpected summons to the Bahamas. He had been invited to conduct a rare interview with the islands’ governor, the former King Edward VIII, officially known since his abdication four years earlier as His Royal Highness the Duke of Windsor.
As an officer in the British Army as well as a dignitary of the British Empire and brother of King George VI, the Duke might have been expected to fly the flag for his embattled country. Instead he gave Oursler a eulogy to Hitler. The former British monarch told the journalist it would be tragic for the world if the Nazi dictator were overthrown. Hitler was not just the right and logical leader of the German people, the Duke insisted, he was also a great man.
By the mid-Thirties the rise of Adolf Hitler in Germany presented a far greater challenge for those who worried about Edward’s suitability for the throne. Thanks to his great-grandfather Prince Albert and his mother Queen Mary, not to mention his Hanoverian ancestor King George I, the Prince of Wales was as much German as he was English and so comfortable with the German language that he sometimes referred to it as his mother tongue.
The FBI files show that at a party in Vienna in June 1937 – the month he married Mrs Simpson – the loose-tongued Duke told an Italian diplomat that the Americans had cracked Italy’s intelligence codes. Four months later the Duke and Duchess paid a high-profile visit to Germany where the Nazi regime fawned on him. They met Hitler, who saw the value of cultivating an ally once so intimately involved with British affairs. Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels wrote of the Duke: “It’s a shame he is no longer king. With him we would have entered into an alliance.”
But as Fulton Oursler was to discover the former king continued to plot from the governor’s mansion in Nassau, driven by a combination of his own Nazi sympathies and his belief that a strong Hitler could help him back to the British throne. Shortly after he took up the post the Duke told one confidant: “After the war is over and Hitler has crushed the Americans we’ll take over. The British don’t want me as king but I’ll be back as their leader.”
* "Britain's would-be Nazi Queen" (1996) [http://www.independent.co.uk/news/britains-wouldbe-nazi-queen-1312830.html] [https://archive.today/eyiGK] [begin excerpt]: Wallis Simpson, the woman for whom Edward VIII abdicated, conducted secret negotiations with the Nazis in order to have herself installed as Queen of England "at any price", according to secret government papers released yesterday. A memorandum released by the Foreign Office, 60 years after the abdication, provides the most startling evidence yet of the Windsors' willingness to collaborate with Hitler.
The couple had left Britain for neutral Portugal, but there were government concerns throughout the summer of 1940 that the Nazis might take Edward - by force or persuasion - with the intention of installing him as a puppet king in the event of an invasion.
The latest evidence suggests that force, at least on the part of the duchess, might not have been necessary. Dated 7 July 1940, it comes in the form of a memorandum from an informant inside occupied Czechoslovakia to Sir Alexander Cadogan, permanent secretary at the Foreign Office. It says: "A new source in close touch with Von Neurath's [the German protector of Bohemia's] entourage in Prague has reported that the Germans expect assistance from the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, the latter desiring at any price to become Queen. The Germans have been negotiating with her since June 27.
"The status quo in England expect an understanding to form an anti-Russian alliance.
* "The Nazi war of annihilation against the Soviet Union: Total War, Genocide, and Radicalization" (2015-01-12)
pg.1 [http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/01/12/nazi-j12.html] [https://archive.today/sa5Wo],
pg.2 [http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/01/13/nazi-j13.html] [https://archive.today/TTKm8],
“Russia is to be reduced to the level of a nation of peasants, from which there is no return”
The Nazi war drive against the Soviet Union had two basic, interrelated aspects. First, “Operation Barbarossa” was a counterrevolutionary war aimed at dismembering the Soviet Union, reducing its republics to the status of colonies of the Third Reich, and reversing all the social and economic gains of the October Revolution. Despite the degeneration of the Soviet Union under the rule of the Stalinist bureaucracy, many achievements had, at least in part, been maintained and continued to serve as an inspiration to workers worldwide.
As one SS-Oberführer put it in the spring of 1941: “In Russia, all cities and cultural sites including the Kremlin, are to be razed to the ground; Russia is to be reduced to the level of a nation of peasants, from which there is no return.” [P. 108]
Second, control over the enormous resources of the Soviet Union—not only agricultural produce, but also oil (particularly in what is now Azerbaijan)—was considered necessary for fighting a war against the United States, Germany’s most important imperialist rival, for world hegemony. While not explained in Marxist terms, these driving motives are noted in the book. The essays focusing on food policy, in particular, show how these two objectives were interrelated.
German historian Adrian Wettstein writes: “The hunger strategy was part of the war of annihilation and aimed at the starvation of up to thirty million Soviets in the wooded regions of Belarus and northern Russia, as well as in the cities. Its success would supply continental Europe’s inhabitants with the foodstuffs they would otherwise have to import from overseas, making continental Europe—in other words, German-occupied Europe—immune from naval blockade, and thereby preparing the German sphere of control for the looming confrontation with the Anglo-Saxon powers.” [P. 62]
The Generalplan Ost [Master Plan East—the military strategy that served as the basis for “Operation Barbarossa”] envisaged the targeted starvation of some 30 million people in western and northwestern Russia. This policy would not only ensure food supplies for Germany’s war effort, but also create “Lebensraum” [living space] for an expansion of the Nazi empire.
An essay by Alex J. Kay, author of an extensive study of Generalplan Ost, provides important material demonstrating that Nazi policy was primarily directed against the Soviet working class. He notes: “Coincidence or not, thirty million was the amount by which the Soviet population—exclusively the urban population—had grown between the beginning of World War I in 1914 and the beginning of World War II in 1939. According to the economic policy guidelines of May 23, it was ‘in particular the population of the cities’ that would ‘have to face the most terrible famine.’” [P. 112]
* "Ukraine’s Toxic History of Fascism and Ethnic Cleansing" (2014-03-30) [http://www.constantinereport.com/ukraines-toxic-history-fascism-ethnic-cleansing/] [https://archive.today/rjppO], [begin excerpt]: It is also notable that the nationalist Ukrainian view of the Soviet famine of 1932-33 as the Holodomor — literally hunger death, or commonly in English the “terror famine,” an induced, genocidal famine — has not figured much in recent discourse on the Euromaidan. Here, too, are different historical memories; in western Ukraine, which was part of Poland in the 1930s and did not experience famine, and in Ukrainian studies centers from Harvard to Edmonton, the Holodomor is an article of faith.
Yet in the regions that were part of Soviet Ukraine in the early 1930s, the question of causation and intent, if any, of the famine is much disputed, as it is in a great deal of scholarship in the West. This is not the place to take up that debate; suffice it to note here that in the summer of 1941, when the Germans crossed over the border that had existed between the USSR and Poland up to September 1939 — that is, as the attackers went into the part of Ukraine that had been Soviet since 1918-20 — they reported a distinctly cooler attitude on the part of the local populace than they had encountered in western Ukraine. If memories of the famine had been terrible in central and eastern Ukraine, where, incidentally, the death toll in 1932-33 was very high in Russian-speaking areas, the response to the Germans should have been even more positive there. The opposite occurred.
* "Seven Decades of Nazi Collaboration: America’s Dirty Little Ukraine Secret: An interview with Russ Bellant, author of 'Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party' " (2014-03-18) [http://historyandcurrentcontext.blogspot.com/2014/03/seven-decades-of-nazi-collaboration.html] [https://archive.today/T2bsP]
High-ranking former Nazis such as General Reinhard Gehlen who were brought under the wing of American intelligence following World War II were ultimately responsible for the Kennedy assassination—through Permindex.
However, the fact is that Israeli intelligence was working closely with the Gehlen organization in the post-World War II period. John Loftus and Mark Aarons have written of how Israeli operatives—although they found the new relationship distasteful—did indeed work with reputed former Nazi war criminals in Gehlen's operation.
What's more, the Israelis had completely infiltrated the Gehlen organization. According to Loftus and Aarons: "They knew exactly what General Gehlen was doing . . . After Israel was born, sections of the Mossad arrived inside Gehlen's base to receive special training . . . Even he had no idea how many of his staff also were reporting to Tel Aviv . . . Whatever Gehlen saw, the Israelis saw."
So if indeed (as some say) it was a "Nazi" plot that killed JFK, it seems highly unlikely that the plot somehow got by the intrepid Israelis.
Permindex was an Israeli front—not a Nazi front. a genuine and bizarre "Nazi" connection to Permindex that is either misunderstood or has been deliberately obscured but which does further toward our understanding of Permindex as a transnational point of contact for the Mossad and its allies in the CIA and organized crime."
The Australia government's ASIO security agency gave refuge to fascist vanguards, and is a member of the "5-Eyes" coalition with the security agencies of the USA, and the UKGB.
* "ASIO & Cconcerns about fascist groups in Australia" (2011-10-15) [https://archive.today/gCPfo] [begin excerpt]: ASIO’s relationship with the pro Nazi Croatian group, the Ustashi. During World War 2, Ustashi, the wartime brown shirt organisation of the Nazi puppet dictator, Ante Pavelic, committed many atrocities on behalf of the Nazis in Yugoslovia.
During the US war in Vietnam, young Australian-born Ustashi members were able to receive military training in Australian army camps. Some of them were used to commit terrorist acts in the former Yugoslavia in the 1970s and 1980s
In the late sixties and early seventies, the Ustashi conducted the most serious terrorist campaign in Australian history, with bombings in Sydney in 1967, 1969 and 1972, Canberra in 1969, Melbourne in 1970 and 1972. It was shown that while Ustashi’s activities were discussed openly in the Croatian press, ASIO was busily monitoring ordinary citizens in the peace, social justice human rights and women’s movements and and took no action whatsoever against these fully-fledged terrorists. [end excerpt]
The Ustashi continued to operate and were active in recruiting, training and using publicly networked computer bulletin boards in Australia in league with domestic Australian security agencies in order to help facilitate the ethnic cleansing of Yugoslavia during the 1990s.
Note, the following article's use of the "Black SS" refers to a secretive society created by the fascist European Union's SS agency in the pattern of Freemasonry, to better communicate secrets using cyphers, and inculcate loyalty "on a different order". After 1945, the surviving members of the "Black SS" held massive holdings of stock in certain monopolist corporations chartered in the USA, and they used their "cryptic mindset" to better benefit their society and global networks while instituting their order... a task which sets them apart, and "above", all other theologies and nations.
* "After the Third Age: Eschatological Elements of Postwar International Fascism" [https://archive.today/YICDk], [begin excerpt]: Postwar esoteric fascism benefited from the eclipse of German chauvinism. Several international fascist networks grew up, with extensive contacts in Europe and the Middle East. We should note once again that Islamicism, as represented by groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, is a modern phenomenon. Early Islamicists like Hassan al-Banna and Sayyid Qutb were influenced by Italian fascism. After the war, German exiles arrived in the Middle East as part of the apparat of an anti-Zionist network in contact with the Kremlin. [end excerpt]
* [https://archive.today/EuZiW], [begin excerpt]: Postwar esoteric fascism falls into two periods, joined by a phase of startling mutation in the 1970s. The first period was backward looking, essentially a salvage operation from the wreck of the Reich. The pan-European orientation of the Waffen-SS finally won out over that of the German-chauvinist Black SS, if for no other reason than that Germans were a distinct minority in the early postwar networks. Though political fascism in the1950s and '60s could still display a lethal edge, particularly in Italy, in most places it was a sad affair. American neo-Nazis marched in Nazi finery and invited attack from passersby, in the mistaken belief that this would excite public sympathy. Nothing was behind such "movements" but perverse historical nostalgia. [end excerpt]
* Book Review "Imperium: The Philosophy of History and Politics" [https://archive.today/Gwo6s] [begin excerpt]: "Imperium" was written in the service of an ambitious cause. The author, Francis Parker Yockey, holds that it is the destiny of the West to found a universal empire, the core of which will be a Nazi Europe. His book promotes European unity and the expulsion of the United States from the continent's affairs, as well as a fascist revolution in the United States itself. "Imperium" is a reprise of history and political theory, designed to show why the outcomes of the world wars of the first half of the 20th century were only temporary setbacks toward the ultimate goal.
If America were a church, Yockey would have been an apostate. Born in Chicago in 1917, he was involved with various right-wing political groups as a young man. He took both a BA and a law degree at Notre Dame University and was commissioned an officer during the Second World War, though he soon received a medical discharge. As a civilian attorney, he served on the staff that helped to prepare war-crimes trials in Germany, but was dismissed for siding with the defendants. (This may have included spying for them.) Yockey retired to Brittas Bay in Ireland to write "Imperium," finishing it in 1948. (January 30 of that year, to be precise: the 15th anniversary of Hitler's accession to the chancellorship of Germany.)
We know that Yockey soon published "Imperium" himself, in a very limited edition, but the rest of his biography after 1948 quickly becomes crepuscular. He worked for the Red Cross for a time, but he also seems to have acted as a courier for Communist Block countries during the coldest part of the Cold War. He was probably involved with Odessa, the legendary international network of postwar Nazis and fascists. In any case, it is clear that the US State Department stopped renewing his passport: he was arrested in Oakland, California, in 1960 for having entered the country without a valid one. He was visited while in jail by W.A. Carto, one of the key figures in American Neo-Nazism, who contributed a brief introduction to the Noontide Press editions of "Imperium." While still incarcerated, Yockey probably killed himself, though his admirers suggest he was murdered by the authorities.
Yockey identifies two great 20th-century revolutions. One was the American Revolution of 1933, whereby the cultural distorter took full control of the United States, and the other the European Revolution of 1933, when Europe first began to organize itself against the Slavic threat from the East. Yockey really does use terminology like this. If the words "Nazi" or "National Socialist" occur in "Imperium," I do not remember seeing them. The Nazi hierarchy become simply the "European leaders." The US, because of its high level of cultural distortion, is simply written out of the West. As for the Russians and the Slavs in general, he held that they were assimilable to the West, but only as individuals. There is, it seems, no alternative to the Germanization of eastern Europe. However, in a remark that may shed significant light on Yockey's later career, he notes that Russian occupation policy after the Second World War was, to some extent, preferable to that of the Western Allies. The Russians did not persecute the "European leadership" as a class, but worked with those who were useful. [end excerpt]
* "One More Time?" [https://archive.today/uIDrn], [begin excerpt]: “Fascism is on the march again. Its style may at times be very different, but the ideological core remains the same -- the attempt to create a HOLISTIC NATIONAL THIRD WAY [Italics in original]...[A]n ideology that places so little emphasis on constitutions and rights, and so much on elite-inspired manipulation, must always be mistrusted. Beware of men -- and women -- wearing smart Italian suits...the aim is still power, and the fantasy of the creation of a radical new culture.” from "Fascism: A History" by Roger Eatwell page 361 (ISBN: 0-14-025700-4).
This is the very alarming conclusion of this general history of fascist ideology by Roger Eatwell, a Reader in history at the University of Bath. It is all the more alarming because this is not a very alarmed book. Since we are not dealing with a partisan tirade here, it is genuinely disturbing when Eatwell ends the book by suggesting that, though fascism died in a sense in 1945, it may well be about to experience a resurrection in time for a bright future in the 21st century. Whether this hypothesis proves correct or not, still this analysis does illustrate yet another way in which Western civilization at the end of the twentieth century has returned to many of the problems that faced it at the century’s beginning.
The ideological component of fascism has often been neglected in favor of psychohistories of fascist leaders and morbid prose poems about national character. This is understandable, since one of the defining features of fascism is ideological syncretism. Usually, this has meant combining “socialism” with some form of nationalism, but even this minimum requires qualification. The study of fascist ideology is made even more difficult by the fact it was most systematically expressed where it had the least influence, in France and Britain. (Eatwell is not an admirer of British fascist leader Sir Oswald Mosley, but he does give him credit for producing the best thought-out fascist party-platform. The best platform so far, that is.) In any case, at the local level, fascism often had little theoretical content, beyond the privilege of beating people up with impunity. Nevertheless, fascism does have an intellectual history, and the phenomenon as a whole is not so diffuse as to defy definition.
Whole societies become instruments for the expression of the will of elites, or often of a single great individual. In fascist theory, this is all that politics ever was, no matter what purportedly disinterested purposes the ruling elites of the past believed they served.
Perhaps the most striking thing about the political systems of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy was precisely their use of myth and symbol. (As Salvador Dali once remarked, Nazism was essentially surrealism come to power.) The widely-bought if sparsely-read “Myth of the Twentieth Century,” by the Nazi Party ideologist Alfred Rosenberg, seems to have used “myth” in a Sorelian sense, the myth in this case being the origin of the Aryan race in Atlantis and its leading role in later history. More generally, both the Nazi and the Italian Fascist regimes seemed to be exercises in government by grand opera. (Götterdämmerung and Don Giovanni, no doubt.)
The myths used to organize the elites were not necessarily those provided for the masses. The Nazi leadership in particular cultivated a sort of occultism (though if figures like Julius Evola are any indication, this enthusiasm was not absent from Italy, either). The people, however, were pushed with more conventional forms of nationalist xenophobia and pulled with quite prosaic promises of economic improvement and social welfare (promises on which both regimes could in large measure deliver). This difference of integrative principles was consistent with the fascist notion of society as an organic entity. Organism implies differentiation, so it was only proper that elites and masses be organized through different means.
Was antisemitism an integrating myth for the people? Certainly this was not the case in Italy, where fascism made much of cultural chauvinism but tended to mock biological racism. It was only in the late 1930s that Mussolini promulgated anti-Jewish legislation in order to please Hitler. The legislation was never as harsh as that in Germany, and was in any case ignored by the people and the government with some enthusiasm. (This changed after the Allied invasion of southern Italy in 1943, when Mussolini became a puppet ruling a rump-state under German control.) As for Germany, there is little evidence that antisemitism ever added to the Nazis’ popularity. Certainly the Nazis downplayed the Jewish theme when electoral victory became a real possibility after 1929. While it is true that surveys taken after World War II showed high levels of antisemitic feeling in Germany, this is as likely to have been an effect of the Nazi regime as one of its causes. The truth of the matter seems to be that, if antisemitism was a Sorelian myth, it a myth embraced by the elites rather than the masses.
Since the early 1930s, there has never been another coincidence of a weak establishment, a crisis, and a group of men with the proper ideological predispositions necessary for the formation of a fascist state. Franco’s Spain was not fascist because Franco was not an artist, but a cop (or, as they used to say in my old high school, a “Prefect of Discipline”). The rulers of Vichy France, for all their authoritarian tendencies, were hardly in a position to view themselves as bold supermen. After the war, fascism was an enthusiasm only of cranks everywhere in Europe except in Italy, where the former regime never lacked for a small party of defenders. (Mussolini’s widow got a regular ministerial survivor’s pension.)
In the 1990s we have seen a historically fascist party, led by Gianfranco Fini, achieve junior-partner status in an Italian government. (The party he leads changes names. Not long ago it was “The Italian Social Movement.” Latterly it has been “The National Alliance.” The Communist Party of Italy has undergone similar mutations in nomenclature, and also claims to have mellowed ideologically. Maybe they have.) Jean-Marie Le Pen’s “Front National” in France seems to have a lock on from 15% to 20% of the vote. In Germany, in contrast, the party system has rebuffed the attempts to organize New Right sentiment. (This is not the case in Austria, where Jörg Haider’s “Austrian Freedom Party” has polled up to 28% of the vote.) Throughout Europe, just as after the First World War, small groups of violent youths with proto-fascist leanings became conspicuous. Perhaps the most alarming thing we have discovered about the German Democratic Republic is that it did not so much extirpate Nazi ideas among the people as preserve them in ice, like dinosaurs in a science fiction movie that wreak havoc when defrosted.
One may, of course, quarrel about whether the European New Right as a whole should be consider proto-fascist, or crypto-fascist, or even fascist at all. Still, the deeper you look into any of these organizations and their leaders, the less comforted you are likely to be.
On a popular level, the issue which has the most resonance for the New Right is immigration. Everywhere in Western Europe (and in much of the United States), ordinary people are spooked by changing demographics. They are also alienated by the tendency of establishment opinion to dismiss this concern as mere reflexive racism. Persistent levels of high unemployment, often seen as a function of the presence of too many foreigners, similarly undermines the credibility of the governments of the major European states. Issues like this, however, are not the stuff of which revolutions are made, fascist or otherwise. Additionally, while right-wing leaders are at pains to keep themselves free of the least taint of racism in general or antisemitism in particular, the fact is that at ground level their organizations are, for the most part, virulently antisemitic. There is a significant public for Holocaust-denial theories. However, in no country are such things electorally useful.
The distinctive thing about fascism, however, is that it has always been a doctrine for masters rather than followers. Eatwell has some very alarming things to say about the growth of “up-scale” fascism, of ideological resources for people who either belong to existing elites or would very much like to start one. This has been made immensely easier, at least in my own view, by the spread of relativist philosophies in the Nietzschean tradition in the last quarter of the 20th century, particularly at the elite schools. No matter the intent of the instructors, it always seemed singularly ill-advised to me to tell young people, who by virtue of native intelligence and social position were going to wind up running a fair slice of the world anyway, that life was really just about power. There is always some danger they might believe it.
he balance between the local and the universal is not something that can be dictated categorically. Fascist nationalism, in contrast, was perhaps just an improvisation, made necessary by the fact that nations states were the largest units that fascist elites could hope to control. At a deeper level of fascism is the ideal of the universal empire, of the whole world subject to a single will. The goal is repeatedly deferred only because it is obviously so much harder to achieve.
Fascist statecraft is by its nature manipulative, a game that elites play with deluded masses. The fascists in the ‘20s and ‘30s did not come to power by promising to create a society beyond good and evil. They did it by promising people things that really were good, such as safe streets and private property and a country with a culture they could recognize. The opponents to fascism too often fell into the trap of opposing these things simply because the fascists endorsed them. This is an important point for the world’s liberals (or progressives, or whatever they call themselves locally) to keep in mind. As for the conservatives, they must beware of the company they keep.
* "The Dark Imperium" [https://archive.today/h2r2k] [end excerpt]:
"National Socialism was the political form of an Esoteric Current in Europe which was then represented by The Thule Society. The Third Reich was a SEEDING of the future European Imperium. It created new archetypes and martyrs of the European folk with its BLOOD SACRIFICE and epic heroism in the service of that Destiny. Hitler was the central figure of that COSMIC DRAMA, but he did not seem to regard himself as the final embodiment of the Vindex/Kalki that was/is awaited by the European Esoteric Current. Rather he was something of a `John-the-Baptist' establishing the way (`seeding') for `the one that would come after', as he himself stated. Therefore the first experiment - The Third Reich - was not the final -aborted - form of the European Imperium, but the prelude to something greater to come: something nothing less than cosmic and starbound in scope."
These remarks about a "European Imperium" are particularly interesting in light of the supranational aspirations some forms of Neofascism are showing. As I note in my review of Roger Eatwell's "Fascism: A History," some fascists seem to be trying to fashion an ideology, not just for their own countries, but for the whole European Union. [end excerpt]
* "William Dudley Pelley" [http://obscurantist.com/oma/pelley-william-dudley/] [https://archive.today/Su9VD]
* "The White Supremacist and fascist 'UFO Contactees' " [https://archive.today/9mMy1]
George Hunt Williamson is another figure in the Adamski influenced UFO movement we must examine. He was an editor for the occultic journal called Valor of William Dudley Pelley. His soulcraft organisation was the vehicle for his channeled writings of no less then 32 volumes for higher intelligence. Peller and Adamski were both influenced by the I Am teachings of Guy Ballard, a neo theosophical group with no ties to the official society. Eventually Ballard was done for mail fraud but that is whole different story. What we do get to see is the famous archetypal emergence of nordic blonde haired blue eyed aliens around this time. An image beloved to that of the Neo Nazi White supremacist.
* "With Adamski's mothership to Venus in 1930" [http://hyborea.blogspot.nl/2006/07/with-adamskis-mothership-to-venus-in.html] [https://archive.today/120KK]
* [https://web.archive.org/web/20150117222722/http://www.sandiegoyesterday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Silver-Shirts.pdf] [begin excerpt]: Pelley greatly admired Adolf Hitler and modeled his Silver Shirts after Nazi storm troopers. His troops were “the cream, the head and the flower of our Protestant Christian manhood,” Pelley proudly claimed. The men were also isolationist, pro-Fascist, and virulently anti-Semitic. [end excerpt]
* "There is a Jewish world plot: Jews say so!" pamphlet from the Silver Shirt Legion of America, intro [https://archive.today/J76mZ], (.zip) file containing a (.pdf) file [https://web.archive.org/web/20150127070744/http://www.balderexlibris.com/public/ebook2/Silver_Shirt_Legion_of_America_-_There_is_a_jewish_world_plot_Jews_say_so.zip]
* Photo: Silver Shirt Legion, with Dudley Pelley in the center with the darker shirt.
* "The Future: Technology, Theocracy and the Thousand Year Reich" (1995) [http://spitfirelist.com/lecture-series/l-2-the-future-technology-theocracy-and-the-thousand-year-reich/] [https://archive.today/o3rt3]
* "The Political Implications of the UFO Phenomenon and the “ET” Myth" (1992) [http://spitfirelist.com/lecture-series/l-1-the-political-implications-of-the-ufo-phenomenon-and-the-et-myth/] [https://archive.today/f8OgK] [begin excerpt]:
Central to the discussion is an analysis of the political philosophy espoused and practiced by some of the “UFO contactee” cults. Professing a variety of beliefs about aliens, these cults hold in common a belief in extraterrestrials, a belief in the intellectual and scientific superiority of those “ETs” and (in many cases) advocacy of the governing of human affairs on earth by “our brothers from space.” These cults are infiltrated by the intelligence community, which devotes considerable attention to such groups. It is noteworthy that the system of government selected (presumably) by our space bretheren is essentially a totalitarian and fascistic one. The possibility of the political manipulation of the UFO phenomenon in order to bring about fascism is one that should not be too readily cast aside.
It is significant in this context that the ET myth originates to a considerable extent from elements associated with the intelligence community and a milieu that includes prominent American fascists such as William Dudley Pelley.
The human propensity to believe in UFOs as indicating the presence of ETs takes on an added significance when considered in light of the considerable evidence indicating that the “flying saucers” of popular imagination are real, but have a terrestrial origin. Mr. Emory presents evidence that the machines have their genesis in the closing phase of the Second World War, when the Germans developed disk-shaped, high-performance flying machines as anti-aircraft devices. The devices appear to have been improved upon by the United States and Britain in the post-war period.
Check out the anti-fascist research archives at SpitfireList [http://spitfirelist.com/], website and blog of anti-fascist researcher and radio personality Dave Emory
Dig the archives of Alex Constantine, an anti-Fascist researcher:
* Constantine Report on the Far Right [http://www.constantinereport.com]
* Alex Constatine's Anti-Fascist Research Bin [http://alexconstantine.blogspot.com]
* Alex Constantine's Blacklist [http://aconstantineblacklist.blogspot.com]
* The Constantine Institute for Advanced Media Studies [http://constantineinstitute.blogspot.com]
In memory of Mae Brussell, anti-fascist researcher:
* The Mae Brussell Reference Site [http://www.prouty.org/brussell/]
* WORLDWATCHERS ARCHIVE: A Tribute to Mae Brussell [http://www.worldwatchers.info/]
* Mae Brussell [http://suspiciousdeaths.blogspot.com/2010/11/mae-brussell.html] [https://archive.today/pwsUV]: Developing such a keen eye and investigative acumen, she could and had predicted many events that occurred before they happened, such as:
• In August 1977 (Broadcast #282) Mae discussed Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple move to Guyana. She speculated it might be a training camp for assassination teams. This was more than a year before 913 members of the church were massacred on November 18, 1978.
• On March 29, 1981, much of Mae's broadcast was spent discussing the power- struggle within the Reagan Administration and asked who will kill off their team members first. The following morning President Reagan was shot in Washington D.C.
• On May 29, 1968 Mae confronted Rose Kennedy at the Monterey Peninsula Airport and handed her a note telling her Robert Kennedy would soon be assassinated. A week later he was shot to death at The Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles.
In an interview with Conspiracy Digest, Mae summarised her personal outlook and philosophy — "I am against the planned political assassinations by our intelligence and defense agents.The CIA-FBI-DIA and DISC (Defense Industry Security Command) were set up originally to protect citizens of the USA. They became their own judges and juries, private servants of corporations with investments at home and abroad. I am against the constant destruction of evidence in criminal matters and political assassinations. Prime witnesses are murdered before or after testifying. Diaries are forged and planted in obvious places. Doubles are created to confuse. The Police Departments manipulate facts in cooperation with conspirators. I am outraged that our judicial system since 1947 has been patterned after Nazi Germany. Patsies are dead or locked away. The assassins walk the streets or leave the country - "home free". I am against using the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Earl Warren, to cover up the assassination of President Kennedy. When the highest court is corrupt, there is no hope at local levels.
I am against allowing the CIA to spend $25 million since 1947 for the express purpose, as stated before, to alter our behavior. Is the State supreme over individuals? Who owns or controls our minds? Why was CIA Director Allen Dulles allowed to order 100 million LSD tablets? Were half the U.S. population going to receive their doses? What gives the CIA and Pentagon the right to define normal, or to determine what is national security? Are we being drugged through food, water and supplied with chemicals so we become slaves and robots? Where is all the cancer coming from? Why the preoccupation with death? Why is the U.S. Government in the business of creating a "Psycho-civilized" world? Who is ordering the ultrasonic waves to lower brain waves of city populations to an alpha state, leaving citizens susceptible to mass propaganda and hypnotic suggestion? These facts have been confirmed by researcher Walter Bowart in 1977. I learned about the project years ago.
I am against the mass media - CBS, ABC, NBC, UPI and AP being used by Washington D.C. since WWI, and by the CIA wince WWII, as pure propaganda tools. My positive philosophy is very simple. I believe there is in each of us a potential for peace and harmony. A few power-mad perverts dictate orders that must be challenged. They are going against the laws of nature. A family and society that does not care for its infants with love and affection will create and does produce mad bombers. The source of this peace and harmony is within the family unit, not government agents or law enforcement. Without love in the home there is never quiet in the community, cities or around the world. There are ways to counteract the evil being purposely planned. Study history. Separate fears and prejudices from facts. Recognize facts from propaganda. Invest energy in fighting for what you believe in. Analyze harder where we are going and what you are doing about it. What do you really believe in? How much do we care?"
Whilst in the midst of a far-reaching investigation into the Presidio molestation case Mae was hit with a fast-onset cancer and died on October 3, 1988; she was 66 years old.
Mae Brussell once aptly stated "There is nothing worse than looking back and regretting not having done what was important to you. Don't die before you're dead."
In Memory of Steve Kangas, intellectual warrior, assassinated February 8, 1999.
* "The Strange Death of Steve Kangas" [http://cosmicpenguin.com/GDY/gdy/steve.htm]
* "Who killed Steve Kangas?" [https://web.archive.org/web/20000817225409/http://www.psnw.com/~bashford/kang-ev0.html]
* "What happened to Steve Kangas?" [https://web.archive.org/web/19991004190632/http://www.columbia.edu/~jpg40/sk/kangas.htm]
* "Eulogy for Steve Kangas" [https://web.archive.org/web/19990823093740/http://suite101.com/article.cfm/skepticism/16269]
* "After his suicide here, liberal's Web site lives on" (1999-04-19) [https://web.archive.org/web/20121018214810/http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate/19990419kangas6.asp]
* Steve Kangas [https://web.archive.org/web/20140701050040/http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKkangas.htm]
* "ACTIVIST FOUND SHOT to DEATH outside BILLIONAIRE’s OFFICE" (1999-04-12) [https://web.archive.org/web/20060615033030/http://msnoh.tripod.com/kang.html]
* "A Vincent Foster for Usenet liberals?" (1999-03) pg.1 [https://web.archive.org/web/20060623010404/http://archive.salon.com/21st/feature/1999/03/19feature.html], pg.2 [https://web.archive.org/web/20051209002746/http://archive.salon.com/21st/feature/1999/03/19feature2.html]
After the murder of Steve Kangas, individuals posted up mirrors of his website, of which the following are pages:
* LIBERALISM RESURGENT: A Response to the Right [web.archive.org/web/20000127071706/http://huppi.com/kangaroo/tenets.htm]
* Steve Kangas: About Me [web.archive.org/web/19991013103505/http://huppi.com/kangaroo/Aboutme.htm]
* A Timeline of CIA Atrocities [web.archive.org/web/20000518221945/http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/CIAtimeline.html]
* The Origins of the Overclass [https://web.archive.org/web/20001201215500/http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-overclass.html]
The wealthy have always used many methods to accumulate wealth, but it was not until the mid-1970s that these methods coalesced into a superbly organized, cohesive and efficient machine. After 1975, it became greater than the sum of its parts, a smooth flowing organization of advocacy groups, lobbyists, think tanks, conservative foundations, and PR firms that hurtled the richest 1 percent into the stratosphere.
The origins of this machine, interestingly enough, can be traced back to the CIA. This is not to say the machine is a formal CIA operation, complete with code name and signed documents. (Although such evidence may yet surface — and previously unthinkable domestic operations such as MK-ULTRA, CHAOS and MOCKINGBIRD show this to be a distinct possibility.) But what we do know already indicts the CIA strongly enough. Its principle creators were Irving Kristol, Paul Weyrich, William Simon, Richard Mellon Scaife, Frank Shakespeare, William F. Buckley, Jr., the Rockefeller family, and more. Almost all the machine's creators had CIA backgrounds.
During the 1970s, these men would take the propaganda and operational techniques they had learned in the Cold War and apply them to the Class War. Therefore it is no surprise that the American version of the machine bears an uncanny resemblance to the foreign versions designed to fight communism. The CIA's expert and comprehensive organization of the business class would succeed beyond their wildest dreams. In 1975, the richest 1 percent owned 22 percent of America’s wealth. By 1992, they would nearly double that, to 42 percent — the highest level of inequality in the 20th century.
How did this alliance start? The CIA has always recruited the nation’s elite: millionaire businessmen, Wall Street brokers, members of the national news media, and Ivy League scholars. During World War II, General "Wild Bill" Donovan became chief of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the forerunner of the CIA. Donovan recruited so exclusively from the nation’s rich and powerful that members eventually came to joke that "OSS" stood for "Oh, so social!"
Another early elite was Allen Dulles, who served as Director of the CIA from 1953 to 1961. Dulles was a senior partner at the Wall Street firm of Sullivan and Cromwell, which represented the Rockefeller empire and other mammoth trusts, corporations and cartels. He was also a board member of the J. Henry Schroeder Bank, with offices in Wall Street, London, Zurich and Hamburg. His financial interests across the world would become a conflict of interest when he became head of the CIA. Like Donavan, he would recruit exclusively from society’s elite.
By the 1950s, the CIA had riddled the nation’s businesses, media and universities with tens of thousands of part-time, on-call operatives. Their employment with the agency took a variety of forms, which included:
- Leaving one's profession to work for the CIA in a formal, official capacity.
- Staying in one's profession, using the job as cover for CIA activity. This undercover activity could be full-time, part-time, or on-call.
- Staying in one's profession, occasionally passing along information useful to the CIA.
- Passing through the revolving door that has always existed between the agency and the business world.
Historically, the CIA and society’s elite have been one and the same people. This means that their interests and goals are one and the same as well. Perhaps the most frequent description of the intelligence community is the "old boy network," where members socialize, talk shop, conduct business and tap each other for favors well outside the formal halls of government.
Many common traits made it inevitable that the CIA and Corporate America would become allies. Both share an intense dislike of democracy, and feel they should be liberated from democratic regulations and oversight. Both share a culture of secrecy, either hiding their actions from the American public or lying about them to present the best public image. And both are in a perfect position to help each other.
How? International businesses give CIA agents cover, secret funding, top-quality resources and important contacts in foreign lands. In return, the CIA gives corporations billion-dollar federal contracts (for spy planes, satellites and other hi-tech spycraft). Businessmen also enjoy the romantic thrill of participating in spy operations. The CIA also gives businesses a certain amount of protection and privacy from the media and government watchdogs, under the guise of "national security." Finally, the CIA helps American corporations remain dominant in foreign markets, by overthrowing governments hostile to unregulated capitalism and installing puppet regimes whose policies favor American corporations at the expense of their people.
Journalism is a perfect cover for CIA agents. People talk freely to journalists, and few think suspiciously of a journalist aggressively searching for information. Journalists also have power, influence and clout. Not surprisingly, the CIA began a mission in the late 1940s to recruit American journalists on a wide scale, a mission it dubbed Operation MOCKINGBIRD. The agency wanted these journalists not only to relay any sensitive information they discovered, but also to write anti-communist, pro-capitalist propaganda when needed.
The instigators of MOCKINGBIRD were Frank Wisner, Allan Dulles, Richard Helms and Philip Graham. Graham was the husband of Katherine Graham, today’s publisher of the Washington Post. In fact, it was the Post’s ties to the CIA that allowed it to grow so quickly after the war, both in readership and influence.
MOCKINGBIRD was extraordinarily successful. In no time, the agency had recruited at least 25 media organizations to disseminate CIA propaganda. At least 400 journalists would eventually join the CIA payroll, according to the CIA’s testimony before a stunned Church Committee in 1975. (The committee felt the true number was considerably higher.) The names of those recruited reads like a Who's Who of journalism:
- Philip and Katharine Graham (Publishers, Washington Post)
- William Paley (President, CBS)
- Henry Luce (Publisher, Time and Life magazine)
- Arthur Hays Sulzberger (Publisher, N.Y. Times)
- Jerry O'Leary (Washington Star)
- Hal Hendrix (Pulitzer Prize winner, Miami News)
- Barry Bingham Sr., (Louisville Courier-Journal)
- James Copley (Copley News Services)
- Joseph Harrison (Editor, Christian Science Monitor)
- C.D. Jackson (Fortune)
- Walter Pincus (Reporter, Washington Post)
- Associated Press
- United Press International
- Hearst Newspapers
- Newsweek magazine
- Mutual Broadcasting System
- Miami Herald
- Old Saturday Evening Post
- New York Herald-Tribune
Perhaps no newspaper is more important to the CIA than the Washington Post, one of the nation’s most right-wing dailies. Its location in the nation’s capitol enables the paper to maintain valuable personal contacts with leading intelligence, political and business figures. Unlike other newspapers, the Post operates its own bureaus around the world, rather than relying on AP wire services. Owner Philip Graham was a military intelligence officer in World War II, and later became close friends with CIA figures like Frank Wisner, Allen Dulles, Desmond FitzGerald and Richard Helms. He inherited the Post by marrying Katherine Graham, whose father owned it.
The CIA also secretly bought or created its own media companies. It owned 40 percent of the Rome Daily American at a time when communists were threatening to win the Italian elections. Worse, the CIA has bought many domestic media companies. A prime example is Capital Cities, created in 1954 by CIA businessman William Casey (who would later become Reagan’s CIA director). Another founder was Lowell Thomas, a close friend and business contact with CIA Director Allen Dulles. Another founder was CIA businessman Thomas Dewey. By 1985, Capital Cities had grown so powerful that it was able to buy an entire TV network: ABC.
In 1996, The San Jose Mercury News published an investigative report suggesting that the CIA had sold crack in Los Angeles to fund the Contra war in Central America. A month later, three of the CIA’s most important media allies — The Washington Post, The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times — immediately leveled their guns at the Mercury report and blasted away in an attempt to discredit it. Who wrote the Post article? Walter Pincus, longtime CIA journalist. The dangers here are obvious.
The CIA wasn’t the only conservative institution that found itself embattled in the early 70s. This was a bad time for conservatives everywhere. America had lost the war in Vietnam. U.S. corporations had to cope with the rise of OPEC. The anti-poverty programs of Roosevelt’s New Deal and Johnson’s Great Society were causing a major redistribution of wealth. And Nixon was making things worse with his own anti-poverty and regulatory programs. Between 1960 and 1973, these efforts cut poverty in half, from 22 to 11 percent. Meanwhile, between 1965 and 1976, the richest 1 percent had gone from owning 37 percent of America’s wealth to only 22 percent.
At a 1973 Conference Board meeting of top American business leaders, executives declared: "We are fighting for our lives," "We are fighting a delaying action," and "If we don’t take action now, we will see our own demise. We will evolve into another social democracy."
In the mid-1970s, at this historic low point in American conservatism, the CIA began a major campaign to turn corporate fortunes around.
They did this in several ways. First, they helped create numerous foundations to finance their domestic operations. Even before 1973, the CIA had co-opted the most famous ones, like the Ford, Rockefeller and Carnegie Foundations. But after 1973, they created more. One of their most notorious recruits was billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife. During World War II, Scaife's father served in the OSS, the forerunner of the CIA. By his mid-twenties, both of Scaife's parents had died, and he inherited a fortune under four foundations: the Carthage Foundation, the Sarah Scaife Foundation, the Scaife Family Foundations and the Allegheny Foundation. In the early 1970s, Scaife was encouraged by CIA agent Frank Barnett to begin investing his fortune to fight the "Soviet menace." From 1973 to 1975, Scaife ran Forum World Features, a foreign news service used as a front to disseminate CIA propaganda around the world. Shortly afterwards he began donating millions to fund the New Right.
Scaife's CIA roots are typical of those who head the new conservative foundations. By 1994 the most active were:
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
- Carthage Foundation
- Earhart Foundation
- Charles G. Koch
- David H. Koch
- Claude R. Lambe
- Philip M. McKenna
- J.M. Foundation
- John M. Olin Foundation
- Henry Salvatori Foundation
- Sarah Scaife Foundation
- Smith Richardson Foundation
Between 1992 and 1994, these foundations gave $210 million to conservative causes.
Besides creating foundations, the CIA helped organize the business community. There have always been special interest groups representing business, like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers, and the CIA has long been involved with them. However, after 1973, a spate of powerful new groups would come into existence, like the Business Roundtable and the Trilateral Commission. These organizations quickly became powerhouses in promoting the business agenda.
Their efforts clearly succeeded. With the 1975 SUN-PAC decision, corporations persuaded government to legalize corporate Political Action Committees (the lobbyist organizations that bribe our government). By 1992, corporations formed 67 percent of all PACs, and they donated 79 percent of all campaign contributions to political parties. In two landmark elections — 1980 and 1994 — corporations gave heavily and one-sidedly to Republicans, turning one or both houses of Congress over to the GOP. Democratic incumbents were shocked by the threat of being rolled completely out of power, so they quietly shifted to the right on economic issues, even though they continued a public façade of liberalism. Corporations went ahead and donated to Democratic incumbents in all other elections, but only as long as they abandoned the interests of workers, consumers, minorities and the poor. As expected, the new pro-corporate Congress passed laws favoring the rich: between 1975 and 1992, the amount of national household wealth owned by the richest 1 percent soared from 22 to 42 percent.
The CIA also helped create the conservative think tank movement. Prior to the 70s, think tanks spanned the political spectrum, with moderate think tanks receiving three times as much funding as conservative ones. At these early think tanks, scholars typically brainstormed for creative solutions to policy problems. This would all change after the rise of conservative foundations in the early 70s. The Heritage Foundation opened its doors in 1973, the recipient of $250,000 in seed money from the Coors Foundation. A flood of conservative think tanks followed shortly thereafter, and by 1980 they overwhelmed the scene. The new think tanks turned out to be little more than propaganda mills, rigging studies to "prove" that their corporate sponsors needed tax breaks, deregulation and other favors from government.
Of course, think-tank studies are useless without publicity, and here the CIA proved especially valuable. Using propaganda techniques it had perfected at the Voice of America and Radio Free Europe, the CIA and its allies turned American AM radio into a haven for conservative talk show hosts. Yes — Rush Limbaugh uses the same propaganda techniques that Muscovites once heard from Voice of America. The CIA has also developed countless other media outlets, like Capital Cities (which eventually bought ABC), major PR firms like Hill & Knowlton, and of course, all the Agency’s connections in the national news media.
Steve Kanga's website was originally hosted by Scruznet, a company based in Santa Cruz [scruz.net/~kangaroo], which hosted websites for customer around the southern San Francisco Bay Area and Monterey Bay Area [web.archive.org/web/19980131194014/http://www.scruz.net/cgi-bin/userindex?k] [web.archive.org/web/20000302134500/http://18.104.22.168/index2.html]. The company was bought in 1998 [web.archive.org/web/19981211232922/http://22.214.171.124/].
* "Ronald Reagan's son says his father got the Saudis to pump more oil to undercut USSR" (2013-05-13) [http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/mar/13/michael-reagan/ronald-reagans-son-says-his-father-got-saudis-pump/] [https://archive.today/RP0pN]
* 1993: "Syria Sent Chemical Weapons To Bosnian Muslims For Fight Against Serbs – Report" (2015-01-27, InSerbia Network) [https://archive.today/YJ2gr]
* "Report Implicates U.S. In Brazilian Dictatorship’s Torture Practices" (2014-12-12) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150103221515/http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/12/12/3602740/brazils-own-torture-report-says-us-taught-torture-techniques-to-brazilian-military/] [begin excerpt]: Two and a half years ago, the Brazilian government established the National Truth Commission (CNV) to conduct the first formal investigation into the military dictatorship, a brutal regime that began in 1964 and ended in 1985. The final report confirms that the U.S. played a direct role in encouraging state sponsored torture in Brazil. According to the 2,000 page document — and backed by extensive historiography –, over 300 members of the Brazilian military spent time at the School of the Americas, run out of Fort Benning near Columbus, Georgia, where they had “theoretical and practical lessons on torture, which would later be replicated in Brazil,” the report notes. [end excerpt]
"United Lumpenproletarians from Within: Prisoner front struggles in conjunction with the Rural People's Party against oppression in the North Carolina prison system" (2009) [http://ruralpeople.atspace.org/ULW.htm] [https://archive.today/bZBvb]
* From [https://archive.today/QfXxl]: In 2009, RPP cadres who have been recruited inside prisons to the state north of us took a bold stand to protest unsanitary conditions in the kitchens of institutions in the North Carolina Department of Corrections. This culminated during summer of 2009 with press coverage in the Raleigh, North Carolina newspaper News & Observer. Correctional authorities subsequently launched an investigation concerning sanitary conditions at one institution which resulted in several contracted correctional officers on the kitchen staff being fired. Certain key individuals associated with RPP were classified as members of a “security threat group” and shipped to other institutions focused on anti-gang programming.
Rural People's Party (RPP)
* Theoretical and Organizational Documents of the Rural People's Party [http://ruralpeople.atspace.org/theoretical.htm] [https://archive.today/iKjnw]
* "The Rural People’s Party and Comrade Jim Jones" by James Williams Central Committee, Rural People’s Party (2013-12-03) [http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=30868] [https://archive.today/ZDUDA], [begin excerpt]: The Rural People’s Party (RPP) was officially ratified into existence in 2004 when our founder was released from federal prison after serving a sentence on weapons charges. This was the result of a federal investigation during the hysteria of aggressive and unchecked post-9/11 undercover operations aimed at so-called domestic terror groups and other factions at odds with the government. Other comrades on the outside had already scouted out and purchased a rural location for the founding of a commune. That began to come into its own in terms of infrastructure around 2006-2007 with the purchase of additional outbuildings and some small agricultural development (which is always a struggle considering our area of South Carolina is located in the sand hills).
Our original intent was to establish strictly a local formation, but over the years, our political theory has attracted persons from various parts of the country, including post-graduate students at various universities (primarily political science students working toward their doctorates), Latino youth in urban areas as well as recruits from other demographic backgrounds (such as migrant Mexican and Central American workers). The governing body of the party which is the Central Committee (i.e. party center) consists entirely of persons of poor and rural backgrounds in keeping with the principles outlined in our Programme for the Creation and Cultivation of the Proletarian State.
Through a member who was familiar with Peoples Temple from an academic perspective, we began exploring the group in-depth and instantly found an absolute resonance with the work of Jim Jones and his movement. From that point on, we have actively sought to fully imbue the party with the spirit of Jim Jones and Peoples Temple.
Our goal is and always has been forming independent institutions of the oppressed – the poor and underprivileged sections of society, including the homeless – so they might find opportunities for self-reliant action, cultural opportunities, and a sense of purpose and community that is lacking both in rural areas and in crime-ridden urban areas. Our efforts over the years to assist the homeless has caused a backlash from liberal charity groups, who act as if they have a corner on the market and who interestingly enough consider it unethical to expose the homeless to political processes. We also seek to educate people about the nature of local government and the nature of class society so that persons who might not have all the benefits of a middle-class suburban upbringing and who might otherwise wind up (as an example) starting a methamphetamine lab and going to prison can avoid the common pitfalls facing the poor and do something significant for humanity.
* "Peoples Temple in the New Millennium" by James Williams Central Committee, Rural People's Party [http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=30385] [https://archive.today/QfXxl]
* "1977: RICHARD PRYOR CRITICIZES WHITE GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS FOR FAILURE TO SUPPORT BLACK LIBERATION" (2015-01-26) [http://www.uhurusolidarity.org/2015/01/26/1977-richard-pryor-criticizes-white-gay-rights-activsts-for-failure-to-support-black-liberation/] [https://archive.today/ebtN1]
* "10 Racist Tactics the US Government Used to Destroy the Black Panthers" (2015-01-20)
pg.1 [http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01/20/10-racist-tactics-u-s-government-used-destroy-black-panthers/] [https://archive.today/DRsRd],
pg.2 [http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01/20/10-racist-tactics-u-s-government-used-destroy-black-panthers/2/] [https://archive.today/lruRf],
pg.3 [http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01/20/10-racist-tactics-u-s-government-used-destroy-black-panthers/3/] [https://archive.today/ZYOuF],
pg.4 [http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01/20/10-racist-tactics-u-s-government-used-destroy-black-panthers/4/] [https://archive.today/Pftjn],
pg.5 [http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01/20/10-racist-tactics-u-s-government-used-destroy-black-panthers/5/] [https://archive.today/JRUZb]
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF PERU
The extent of the People's Republic is not known. Officially, it was meant to replace the existing dictatorship of the Republic of Peru, and this was done by winning the hearts and minds of the cities and villages. Any large settlement of people who adhered to the People's Republic would be taught self-government and facilitated trade with other settlements, so that entire regions of the jurisdiction administered by the Republic of Peru were actually administered by the People's Republic. But beyond the jurisdiction of the Republic of Peru, trade networks extended throughout the entire northern Andes Mountains, and the Amazon River basin, with small scale industrial factories making rubber products, clothing and shoes, and large-scale farming cooperatives grew quantities of food sufficient to feed hundreds of thousands of people, including the thousands more fleeing political repression. Most of the farmers were members of the People's Army, and were trained in an ideology that fostered self-sufficiency through organized farming networks. Photo of a revolutionary classroom [https://archive.today/gv23m].
* "People’s War in Peru" document collection at [http://www.signalfire.org/peoples-war-in-peru/]
* DEMOCRATIC REVOLUTION-PCP [https://archive.today/HTt67]
The People's Army was extremely popular, and capable of taking control of the majority of the country side in the jurisdiction of the Republic of Peru. In response, the military and police would dress up as members of the People's Army and conduct massacres against villages suspected of loyalty to the People's Republic. The official history describing the People's War does not include the counter-insurgency operations, nor the social programs of the People's Republic which gave it a sincere loyalty among the indigenous nations whose people made up the majority of warriors in the People's Army, many of whom did not speak Spanish but spoke the indigenous language.
Coca plants are a super-food that sustains the human body with a massive amount of certain vitamins, and this plant had been grown by the indigenous nations well into the 20th century as aid for the massive work imposed on them by foreign industrial cartels (indigenous nations were enslaved in the neighboring jurisdiction administered by the Republic of Bolivia through the 1950s). During the 1960s, a drug war occurred to eradicate the coca plant under the direction of the USA State Department's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), in order to monopolize refined Cocaine production for sale in North America and Europe at artificially inflate prices for fund-raising purposes. CIA cocaine cartels adopted a new method of refinement that used a unique blend of industrial solvents, yielding a dangerously addictive new type of cocaine, and they operated in competition to the indigenous nation's original cultivation. During this drug war, governments across the northern Andes and Amazon region conducted death-squad and airborne operations, leading to a massive exodus of people into Liberated Zones, where to survive, the indigenous coca plant was grown for export in order to gain monetary income for medical supplies and weapons. However, at the sea-ports of the Pacific Ocean, the CIA cocaine cartels end up monopolizing the market at the sea ports along the Pacific coast, with allied cartels operating across the Isthmus of Panama, at the Tijuana border port into California, at Miami sea port in the USA, and elsewhere.
During the early 1970s, many communities of the indigenous nations adhered to the example of the People's Republic administered by the Communist Party of China under the leadership of Mao tse-Tung as a better way of life, alongside other groups who adhered to the example of the Communist Party of Cuba, when compared to the hellish fascist Republics imposed on the indigenous nations, governments incorporated into a global system of loans and taxes designed to exploit all resources in the interest of foreigners.
The People's Republic of Peru was defeated by a Citizen of Japan installed as President of the Republic of Peru, whose regime included death-squads who murdered what is estimated at between 35,000 to 350,000 (for every official victim, an entire neighborhood would be killed). The President of the People's Republic was imprisoned for trial, and the People's Army dispersed and is now clandestine. Starting 2003, a new group began to publicly operate using the name of the former People's Army, and is considered by a consensus among even the monopolist media as not having a connection to the original group and is instead using the history as a means to gain notoriety, to even go so far as adopting a logo using the communist "Hammer & Sickle" icon, see photo here [https://archive.today/JgDFg]. Articles about this newer group: (2013) [https://archive.today/2E2D1], (2007) [https://archive.today/RfFKg], 2011-12-06 final interview with the Sendero Leader Artemio [https://archive.today/CpWhV], who was kidnapped by state security agents 2012-02.
* "A Revolution Remembered, a Revolution Forgotten: The 1932 Aprista Insurrection in Trujillo, Peru", 2010 by Iñigo García-Bryce of New Mexico State University [https://archive.today/o90JC] [https://web.archive.org/web/20140201235915/http://www.ncsu.edu/acontracorriente/spring_10/articles/GarciaBryce.pdf]
* "THE SHINING PATH OF PERU (Second Edition)" by David Scott Palmer [https://archive.today/zhTMc] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150124194023/http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~triner/ModernLA/ShiningPath.pdf]
* "THE SHINING PATH OF PERU: DEFEATED OR ALIVE?", 2010 by Edgar Malone, B.A. of Georgetown University [https://archive.today/Qrsin] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150124194728/https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/bitstream/handle/10822/553355/maloneEdgar.pdf]
* "Maoism in the Andes: The Communist Party of Peru—Shining Path and the Refusal of History", 1995 by ORIN STARN, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology, Duke University, Durham, NC. [https://archive.today/OERll] [https://web.archive.org/web/20140818093047/http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/peru/shining-path.pdf]
* "SENDERO LUMINOSOAND PERUVIAN COUNTERINSURGENCY", 1993 by Russell W. Switzer, Jr., B.S., of the University of the State of New York [https://archive.today/ccRJj] [https://web.archive.org/web/20140224053134/http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-01242007-200500/unrestricted/russswitzerthesis.pdf]
At the funeral of 19-year-old Senderista Edith Lagos in the city of Ayacucho. One of the more charismatic members of the group, Lagos was killed by the national police in September of 1982. At least ten thousand people turned out for her funeral, reflecting a high degree of support for the People's Republic. (Photo by Carlos Dominguez.)
* 1990-06-01 photo at [https://archive.today/cuTHX], showing the HQ of Sendero Luminoso President Abimael Guzman in the Lima neighborhood of Monterrico, the day that Peru's military police captured it. Clues discovered here ultimately led to his capture in September of 1992.
* Diorama from the series titled "Sendero Luminoso en Ayacucho", showing the military attacking those loyal to the People's Republic.
* Comic book published in Spain titled "Secrets of the Senderista", commissioned 1989 by Comisión de Cultura del Centro Naval, view cover at [https://archive.today/x2wVY], describes one of the "People's Justice" tribunals and executions of individuals suspected of being police agents.
* "The War against the Shining Path" (in Spanish) contains illustrations showing what is described as an attack against a village by members of the People's Army. [https://archive.today/TtNnj]. This incident may have been an example of the military disguised as the People's Army engaged in a counter-insurgency operation in order to destroy the high-esteem shared by the villagers for the People's Republic.
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
CORNEL WEST presents
"The Radical King"
Saturday, January 31, 7:30 PM
First Congregational Church, 2501 Harrison Street, Oakland
CORNEL WEST portrays the true REV. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR, "The Radical King" Hosted by Davey D
As racial tension again flares across the country, Dr. Cornel West provides a clear portrait of King as a radical visionary. While King is currently recognized as a major leader in America's civil rights movement, a transcendent orator and an insistent proponent of nonviolence, few realize how truly radical he was. Dr. Cornel West brilliantly establishes King's revolutionary Christian vision, seeing him as a passionate democratic socialist, underscoring his profound identification with the poor, his unapologetic opposition to the Vietnam War, to all war, and his crusade against global imperialism.
Dr. Cornel West, unarguably one of America's most gifted and provocative public intellectuals, has been profoundly influenced by Dr. King. Currently he is a professor of philosophy and Christian practice at Union Theological Seminary in New York City. He is the author of many books as well as a frequent guest on contemporary forums.
Davey D is the Host of Hard Knock Radio (airing on KPFA 94.1FM weekdays at 4pm). He is also Adjunct Professor in the Afrostudies Dept. at S.F.State University.
$12 advance tickets: [http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1036518] :: 800-838-3006 or Marcus Books, Pegasus (3 sites) Moe's, Walden Pond, Diesel a Bookstore, Mrs. Dalloway's Books SF: Modern Times, $15 door.
The People's Champions Tour
with Immortal Technique, Talib Kweli, CF ( Constant Flow ), Hasan Salaam, Poison Pen and NIKO IS are now on sale! All the links to buy tickets are below!
21-Mar, Santa Cruz, CA, Catalyst: [http://bit.ly/SCruzTech]
22-Mar, San Francisco, CA, The Fillmore: [http://bit.ly/SanFran_Tech]