Human Rights abuse in the City of Fresno: [link]
For more information, contact:
* Dr. Jean Kennedy [firstname.lastname@example.org], Radio Host Producer for "Keeping It Real...", a talk show dealing with psycho-social environmental issues, civil and human rights injustices. KFCF 88.1FM Tuesdays 9:00-10pm, and on BlogTalkRadio all week, M-F 8:00-9:00pm (Internet)
* Rev. Floyd Harris [email@example.com] 559-803-0286], Director for "National Network in Action" [www.nationalnetworkinaction.org/President.htm]
2013-03-14 video showing the Town Hall Meeting concerning KFCF radio's hostility to African-American voices -
Part 1 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fORP8L-Zc68]:
Part 2 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEc_5GujLus]:
2013-03-14 "Town Hall Meeting to address KFCF radio's hostility to African-American voices"
press release from "Keeping It Real Radio Team" and the "National Network In Action":
What: Town Hall Meeting
When: Thursday, 6pm
Location: New Light For New Life Church of God [1106 W. Woodward Fresno Ca 93706]
What: National Network in Action, a civil and human rights organization under the leadership Reverend Floyd D. Harris, Jr. will have a Town Hall meeting to discuss the mistreatment of Black Programmers at KFCF 88.1 FM.
Now it's time for our community to stand together on truth and righteousness. We stand together for justice in Fresno, Ca. We must not forget the quotes Dr. King said, “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
It's sad that Fresno radio station KFCF 88.1FM celebrated Black History last month in Fresno, Ca while Institutional Racism and white privilege make African American people feel like second class citizens.
Over the last 5 years African American radio programmers have complained to the board of directors of the station, but very little has been resolved.Radio programmers Dr. Jean Kennedy, Lady J & Lady Bomba have experienced Harassment and HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT, INTIMIDATION and disrespect from station manger and staff. Belittling women, specifically professional black women, will not be tolerated.
Veteran Programmers Lady J and Lady Bomba from 90.7 FM & KFCF 88.1 FM are African American women who have between them 20 plus years of experience in public radio programming. Harassment, lack of support from the stations and a form of racism have caused them to resign from programs.
These concerns were sent to Mr. Michael Breever, Board President for KFCF per his request on 3/09/13, from Dr. Jean Kennedy, Radio Host for Keeping It Real Radio Show (KIR). As indicated:
[begin excerpt of Dr. Jean Kennedy's message Michael Breever]
I would like to have Rev. Harris with us at any meetings I have with KFCF. He is our mediator & spokesperson and if we are to resolve matters between KFCF and KIR, I would like to request The Rev. Harris in attendance at the meeting(s).
The areas of concerns are as followers:
* Intimidation towards me, and/or my team members
* Harassment towards me, and/or my team members
* Operating a show in an Hostile environment
* The "Belittlement of Women" --myself, at the KFCF station
* Little or no support from Brd Ops as a show at KFCF Station
* Experiencing Institutional Racism and having to operate a show under this type of atmosphere
* Experience "White Privilege" at best and feeling the impact of this while operating my show(s) at KFCF station.
* Having to feel like we are second class citizens when dealing with KFCF staff.
Please note that for each one of these areas, are emails that have been sent to the Personnel committee and/or members of the personnel committee with very specific example. While some of these experiences have been somewhat minimize, some still continue to challenge KIR team. We have already had a meeting to address many of the above issues with specific examples, including my very lengthy and detail emails, but to no avail, the above mentioned problems still continue to exist.
[end excerpt of Dr. Jean Kennedy's message Michael Breever]
2010-12-12 "WBAI-in-Exile interviews Fernando Velazquez About the Pacifica Situation"
from Don DeBar [http://vimeo.com/18074499]:
Don DeBar, fired and banned Morning News Headlines Editor at WBAI-FM in NYC, interviews Fernando Velazquez, Executive Producer of Informativo Pacifica, about the current situation at the Pacifica radio network. Recorded 12 December 2010 in Los Angeles, California.