2013-10-20 from "Sacramento Food Not Bombs":
SACRAMENTO - "Food Not Bombs" -- which has served meals to the needy for 21 years in Sacramento -- said it will risk arrest again this Sunday after Sacramento Police prevented from serving meals under threat of risk earlier this month. Police backed off after news media and scores of activists showed up at Cesar Chavez Park last week.
But arrests may well happen SUNDAY/OCT. 20 at 1:30 p.m. when a rally will be held by social justice activists at FNB's food serving at Chavez Park.
"Earlier this month we were met by at least 15 police officers and stopped from helping the needy...for the first time in two decades. We are asking people to support our right to continue providing a vital community service in the heart of Downtown," said one FNB volunteer.
The National Lawyers Guild said it will have pro bono legal observers at the park Sunday to monitor the situation, and provide free lawyers to anyone arrested.