Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or on a Smart Phone [link], Desktop U-stream [link], Live Mp3 (.pls) stream [link], Netbook [link].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayMDS@) gmail.com]! Previous Northbay Uprising News Scripts [link]. Archived links are available even if the original is taken down, stored at (archive.org), (archive.today). News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or of foreign governments.
Celebrate International Women's Day
International Women's Day will be celebrated on Thursday, March 5, 2015, at 7 PM, when a panel of Consuls-General from four nations will discuss Women’s Accomplishments and Barriers to Gender Equality.
Hosted by International House at 2299 Piedmont Avenue in Berkeley and the United Nations Association East Bay Chapter, the panel will be moderated by Professor Minoo Moallem of the UC Berkeley Gender and Women’s Studies Department. Panelists are Consuls General Nathalie Delrue-McGuire of Belgium; Cassie Doyle, Canada; Ana Valenzuela, El Salvador; and Hilde Skorpen of Norway.
Co-sponsors include the Women’s Federation for World Peace, the Graduate Theological Union, UC Berkeley Department of Gender and Women’s Studies, the Consulates General of the countries represented, the Consulate of Madagascar, and the United Nations Association-East Bay. All welcome. This is a free program although donations are appreciated.
Initiated by GABRIELA USA Join us for a March and Celebration of the 105th Anniversary of INTERNATIONAL WORKING WOMEN’S DAY
UPHOLD the LEGACY & POWER of WOMEN'S RESISTANCE HERE and ABROAD!
Sunday, MARCH 8
Lake Merritt Amphitheater (12th St & 1st Ave) Oakland
12PM Rally & Speak Out for Justice
12:30 PM March to Rise & Resist
1:30 PM Celebration for Women's Strength & Resistance
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* "Lawmakers Nationwide Launch Concerted Assault on Women's Rights" (2015-02-20) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/20/lawmakers-nationwide-launch-concerted-assault-womens-rights] [https://archive.today/1otRU]
Brown Berets De SacrAztlán invite you to get educated on...
Feminism & The 21st Century Woman!
Please join us as we come together in a community forum to focus on Feminism in today's current struggles that affect us all. We will be addressing the adversities we face against the conditioning of the Patriarchal society we live under as well as misconceptions of feminism and what it means to be a Feminist.
We will be sharing our perspectives, knowledge & differing life experiences that individually intersect & are challenged by society.
We will have a Q & A, as well as a Social Mixer with food & GOOD music smile emoticon
Our event will be hosted by: Lopez Yeimi & Cassandra Lepe
Our Panelists include: Aisha Engle, Juliette Flores, Saeeda Islam, & Tina Marie
Spoken Word by: Nebula Nabilas
On the wheels of steal: DJ Nicole Novela Martinez
Our event is being endorsed by the following organizations: Labor Council for Latin American Advancement - Sacramento AFL- CIO (LCLAA); Advocates for Black Feminism, CSUS; Women's Studies Student Association, CSUS; MEChA De Sac State; Women Take Back the Night, Sacramento.
The Chicana Feminist Movement
Wednesday, March 25, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
SRJC History Instructor Allison Baker will lecture on the development of a Chicana feminist identity with a focus on the roles of women in the United Farm Workers union and Chicana artists in empowering Chicanas
Call Room 656, SRJC, Petaluma
EMPOWER WOMEN, EMPOWER HUMANITY
International Women's Day Solidarity Message: March 8th - International Women’s Day 2015, from Greetings from the All Pakistan Trade Union Federation (APTUF)
Dear Friends, sisters and comrades,
Solidarity greetings from All Pakistan Trade Union Federation!
As you are aware, March 8th, International Women's Day, honors working women and women’s struggle everywhere. It was in the beginning motivated by two all-women strikes which took place in the U.S.: On March 8th, 1857 garment workers in New York City marched and picketed, demanding improved working conditions, the 8 hour day, and equal rights for women. Their ranks were broken up by the police. Fifty-one years later, March 8, 1908, their sisters in the needle trades in New York marched again, honoring the 1857 march, demanding the vote, and an end to sweatshops and child labor. The police were present on this occasion too.
In 1910 a German socialist, Clara Zetkin, proposed that March 8th be proclaimed International (Working) Women's Day, to commemorate the US demonstrations and honor working women the world over.
This day is the day to uphold women’s achievements, recognize challenges, and focus greater attention on women’s rights and gender equality, to mobilize all people to do their part. It is a great time to struggle harder, and envision a world where each woman and girl can exercise her choices, such as participating in politics, getting an education, having an income and living in society, free from violence and discrimination.
We are celebrating March 8th on the theme of “Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Yes we know that if a woman around the world is empowered, she will get all the rights much more easily and also she will be able to make her own decisions.
Even though there are a lot of problems for women, the good thing is this that trade unions and human rights organizations struggling collectively with progressive political parties are able to make law against sexual harassment. We the women are working hard to give her property rights, and restrict child marriages and struggling hard to make legislations against domestic violence.
APTUF is mobilizing Pakistani women workers to move forward for women's empowerment and equality. APTUF believes that without women economic empowerment & equality, society as well as the whole world will not progress. We are demanding dignity, respect and recognition for women's role in their homes, as well as in society.
APTUF salutes all women, sisters and friends around the world struggling to empower women and to end discrimination and violation against women from our society.
To extend solidarity with women around the world and raise women workers' voice, we are organizing a rally on March 9th, 2015 at 3:30 P.M.
Kindly send your solidarity messages to email: email@example.com;
In solidarity, (signed) Rubina Jamil, General Secretary ; Anwar Gujjar, President ; Nasir Gulzar, Chairman
"International Women's Day Greetings from WWO and APTUF (Pakistan)"
Dear Friends! In most parts of the world, people are enjoying spring. It is time when multicolored and velvety flowers bring feast to our eyes and beautiful fragrances make our senses calm; it is time too, when women around the globe celebrate their International Day and pay homage to their incredible struggle, sacrifices and achievements. On International Women Day, let’s get together and commemorate our day.
Let’s salute to women's dignity, intelligence, strength and determination -- especially women who are bravely dealing with war, oppression, dislocation and turmoil but endlessly struggling to make this world a better place for all human beings.
As following tradition, Working Women's Organization of Pakistan (WWO) is actively taking part in the celebration of March 8th, and conducting different activities such as corner meetings, meetings with concerned authorities related to women issues, media interaction and press conference regarding enforcement of laws and protection of women's rights. Fight against exploitation and an injustice is ongoing struggle, but International Women Day provides inspiration and strength to this struggle.
So we wish everyone a very Happy and Excited March 8th.
With strong solidarity, (signed) Aima Mahmood, Executive Director (WWO), General Secretary (APTUF) (PWC-Punjab)
S.F. demonstration: Imperialism, the Islamic State and the Policy of Endless War [https://archive.today/1d6FM]
SF Anti-war Protest on 12th Anniversary of U.S. Invasion of Iraq
Saturday, March 21, 12 noon, Powell & Market Sts.
In solidarity with the “Spring Rising” protest at the White House on Mar. 21 – Reply to endorse
Stop Pres. Obama’s proposed new 3-year AUMF – Authorization for Use of Military Force!
End U.S. War and Occupation in the Middle East and Central Asia – U.S. Out!
No to U.S. sanctions & intervention vs. Iran, Venezuela, Korea, Cuba, Mexico, Russia, Haiti & everywhere
Fund People’s Needs, Not Endless War!
* "United Against 'Debt Trap' of For-Profit Colleges, Students Fight Back with Loan Strike" (2015-02-23) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/23/united-against-debt-trap-profit-colleges-students-fight-back-loan-strike] [https://archive.today/AfYjN]
WORKER'S DEFENSE COMMITTEE
* CCDSLinks: Radical Ideas for Radical Change newsletter
* (2015-02-27) [https://archive.today/2AvEz]
* (2015-02-20) [https://archive.today/AGA3m]
* (2015-02-13) [https://archive.today/bXBB1]: USW Oil Workers in Major Strike
* (2015-01-23) [https://archive.today/I4xcu]: Keeping White Supremacy in the Bullseye
Anti-Austerity Battles Raging from Chicago to Greece, with updates on Labor defense across the USA, worker's offensive against Democrat Party fascist Rahm Emmanual over the Office of mayor of Chicago, and the rising working class in the Republic of Greece!
* "What If Unions Took to Heart the Need to Organize Their Own Members?" (2015-02-24) [http://labornotes.org/blogs/2015/02/video-what-if-unions-took-heart-need-organize-their-own-members] [https://archive.today/aKMad]
* "Studying Logistics As the economy develops around a sprawling logistics industry, organizing workers in these sectors will be vital" (2015-02-12) [https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/02/logistics-industry-organizing-labor] [https://archive.today/kvEkL]
* "Santa Cruz Dream Inn Workers Go on Strike" (2015-02-29) [https://archive.today/m6zY6]
* "Safety Is Life-or-Death, Say Refinery Strikers" (2015-02-26) [http://labornotes.org/2015/02/safety-life-or-death-say-refinery-strikers] [https://archive.today/ERtGH]
* "Walker’s anti-union law has labor reeling in Wisconsin" (2015-02-22) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-wisconsin-walkers-anti-union-law-has-crippled-labor-movement/2015/02/22/1eb3ef82-b6f1-11e4-aa05-1ce812b3fdd2_story.html] [https://archive.today/wLJha], intro to article from WhoWhatWhy.org (2015-02-23) [https://archive.today/TdxIf]: Sure, it’s still only the start of 2015, but Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is emerging as a frontrunner in the pre-campaign for the GOP nomination. Last week, Walker, the son of a preacher man, hit the first potholes on the road to the nomination. At a Walker fundraiser, Rudy Giuliani questioned President Obama’s love of country [https://archive.today/uGpfM], and reporters questioned Walker about the veracity of Obama’s Christianity. Walker fumbled both tests. But the issue that makes him the darling of big corporate donors like the Koch Brothers also makes him the bane of his political foes back in the Dairy State. It's a key anti-union law passed four years ago that granted him instant GOP stardom. That's because it stripped the collective-bargaining rights of most public-sector unions. Now, Walker is touting his victory over “big-government special interests.” But those “big-government special interests” are, in fact, teachers, groundskeepers at a state veteran's home, and a variety of public sector workers who’ve seen union protections removed and their former unions fade.
* "Chicago Teachers Force Rahm into a Runoff" (2015-02-25) [http://labornotes.org/blogs/2015/02/chicago-teachers-force-rahm-runoff] [https://archive.today/c8PfX]
SOLANO PEACE, JUSTICE & FREEDOM COALITION
Spring Rising: An Antiwar Intervention in DC
[http://SpringRising.org], An Urgent Appeal for Solidarity [https://archive.today/sjxuI].
“Spring Rising” is four days of creative resistance; theater, teach-ins; rallies and marches marking the anniversary of the United States’ "shock and awe" attack on Iraq and its invasion and occupation in a completely illegitimate, immoral war. Together we will use this time to oppose the plans and calls for growing military intervention.
As we send this invitation to you the Congress is calling for more war. The President has just told us a new global “war on terror” may be unlimited in space and time.
Are you, like us, stunned and enraged by more war on the world?
Did you or your organization join in the protests against police violence and murder, because Black Lives Matter?
Are you with the Dreamers working for rights for all people to live without fear?
Are you one of the many who have dropped everything to protest the global destruction of the environment because of our dependence on fossil fuels which is also a reason for our wars?
Are you agonized over the ongoing U.S. military support for Israel, the recent killing of 2,000 Arab men, women, and children last summer in Gaza?
Are you furious about the killing and terrorizing of Muslims in the U.S?
Then, join us! Your participation in Spring Rising is urgently needed now to organize protests, participate in teach-ins and to put your art and performance on mass display. Together we can create the vibrant resistance needed to show that terrorizing the world is not in our interest and “not in our name.”
These days together will be vitally important for building the movement we need to oppose war and the violence and oppression of empire at home and abroad.
Spring Rising will comprise a number of events including a large rally and march, a teach-in, and lobbying. Its goal is to increase opposition to wars and militarism, and in particular to U.S. military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria, as well as all U.S. drone attacks and surveillance worldwide. Spring Rising advocates the closure of U.S. military bases overseas, and the dismantling of the U.S. nuclear arsenal. We urge the demilitarization of police forces and a halt to their targeting of minority communities. We seek to increase understanding of and resistance to U.S. military operations' acceleration of climate chaos.
* "The Destruction of Afghan Lives, Captured in US Dollars" (2015-02-27) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/27/destruction-afghan-lives-captured-us-dollars] [https://archive.today/k5icI]
* "Meet The Big Wallets Pushing Obama Towards A New Cold War" (2015-02-23) [http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/02/23/meet-big-wallets-pushing-obama-towards-new-cold-war/] [https://archive.today/qHLWP]
* "Ukraine: Time to Step Back from the Brink" (2015-02-24) [https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/ukraine-time-to-step-back-from-the-brink/] [https://archive.today/n8RH7] [begin excerpt]: The people of the Ukraine are the victims, their country a battleground of competing plutocracies. From the Western side of things, there is little being offered that might actually help those in Ukraine work out their problems. The economic aid on offer is limited to the kind that can be used to buy more weapons or mainly for servicing existing debt, while imposing conditions likely to shrink an already devastated economy and to shred what few public services and social protections remain. Ukraine’s oligarchs, whether pro-Russian or pro-European, have shown little interest in building an economy that benefits much of the population—giving rise to the conditions that provided fertile ground for the Maidan uprising. Systematic dispossession of populations, whether via the faceless austerity of the Western financiers or the more personal klepto-capitalism of the Eastern oligarchs, breeds large-scale discontent. With real democracy and economic justice off the table, the world’s “leaders” divert the resulting rage and despair into more nationalism and more war. The deep injustices of the global economy will not be addressed until some genuinely different social and economic alternative emerges from the stagnation and decay of the neoliberal order. In the meantime, it is essential that we understand that the wars our ruling elites provoke and seek to enlist us to fight are not our wars. In a crowded, fragile, and globally interconnected society bristling with high-tech armaments and nuclear weapons, war is a disaster for ordinary people, and the potential for a civilizational catastrophe a real risk. If humanity is to survive for long, there can be no more support for the warmakers. It’s time to step back from the brink. We must press all the governments involved to take steps to reduce tensions and to lessen the danger of an expanded war, and to provide space and build confidence for negotiations to resolve the Ukraine conflict and the growing confrontation between Russia and the United States and its NATO allies. [end excerpt]
The Weapons of Mass Destruction possessed by the former Ba'ath Party government in Iraq has been confirmed by the CIA and the Federation of Russia, both entities which gave those same weapon technology to that government. Sadaam Hussein, former President of the Ba'ath Party government in Iraq, was a CIA Employee (he was on their payroll), and passed USSR technology to his CIA handlers until 1991.
* "C.I.A. Is Said to Have Bought and Destroyed Iraqi Chemical Weapons" (2015-03-02) [http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/world/cia-is-said-to-have-bought-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?_r=1] [https://archive.today/GPr9l]
* " ‘They’ll ridicule us’: Ukraine defense minister ‘claims’ Russia used nukes" (2014-09-21) [http://rt.com/news/189420-ukraine-nuclear-strike-russia/] [https://archive.today/9qkbc], [begin excerpt]: The nuclear weapons in question are rounds for 2S4 Tyulpan self-propelled mortars. Russia, or rather the Soviet Union, stopped producing them in 1988, although some remain in service. Other countries in possession of the weapon include Iraq, Libya and the Czech Republic, although it’s not immediately clear whether any of theirs remain in working order. [end excerpt]
* Speaking of the use of tactical nukes, does anyone remember Iraq? Didn't the U.S. use a tactical nuke? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq082HmtPEM]
And don't forget the millions of victims affected by the USA's use of "Depleted Uranium" weapons:
* "Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio in Fallujah, Iraq 2005–2009" [http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/7/7/2828]
And the alleged use of Neutron Bombs at the Baghdad Airport
* "US accused of using neutron bombs" (2007-04-09, Al Jazeera) [http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2007/04/200852514126899448.html]
* "Nukes in Iraq, Confirmation" [https://archive.today/YlFHz]
* "Did Obama Just Waste $907 Million Trying to Save Nuclear Power?" (2015-02-14) [http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/02/14/did-obama-just-waste-907-million-trying-to-save-nu.aspx] [https://archive.today/ksAzH]
* "Pentagon eyes age of 'mini-nukes' ; Small weapons for small conflicts" (1993-06-16, by Knight-Ridder) [http://historyandcurrentcontext.blogspot.com/1993/06/pentagon-eyes-age-of-mini-nukes-small.html] [https://archive.today/ZL37H]
How small can a nuclear reaction be? Through hydrodynamic experiments for triggering fusion, extremely lows yield nuclear explosions have been generated on the magnitude of “several Pounds of TNT.” As noted above, in 1961 .01 kt was unveiled in 1961. In 1956, the Tamalpais with a yield of 0.072 kt was declassified.
Davy Crockett nukes were warheads capable of being launched from a Jeep!
Although disinformation is critical to our studies of the current context, by providing the following, you are cautioned as to the sources for the topic, and to be critical of mis-use of information, as in this crazy example [https://archive.today/4oZpQ], designed to discredit the following topic.
* "Was Syria 'nuked'?" (2013-05-11) [https://archive.today/nMlK2]
* "Israel's nuking of Syria" infographic [https://archive.today/QtlW6]
* The "Damascus Accident" of 1980 [https://archive.today/t8KLv]
* "How the U.S. Narrowly Avoided a Nuclear Holocaust 33 Years Ago, and Still Risks Catastrophe Today" (2013-09-18) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150109025109/http://www.democracynow.org/2013/9/18/how_the_us_narrowly_avoided_a]
* "The Holocaust Bomb: a Question of Time" [https://web.archive.org/web/20150122152349/http://fas.org/sgp/eprint/morland.html]
* "America Readies Its New ‘Smart’ Nuke; U.S. Air Force to drop an inert precision-guided B61 bomb this year" (2015-02-26) [https://medium.com/war-is-boring/america-readies-its-new-smart-nuke-731f72f43be2] [https://archive.today/FPN53]
* "Nuclear deterrent important in 'dangerous world', says Hollande" (2015-02-19, AFP newswire) [https://archive.today/fiPOo] [begin excerpt]: President Francois Hollande on Thursday stressed the importance of maintaining the country's nuclear deterrent in "a dangerous world", as he detailed France's atomic arsenal for the first time. His comments were quickly shot down by the French branch of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), which said that far from making the world a safer place, they made it more dangerous. [end excerpt]
* "Busted! Fukushima Operator Concealed Radioactive Leak for Nearly a Year" (2015-02-26) [http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150226/1018799566.html] [https://archive.today/ctx6Q]
* "Fresh nuclear leak detected at Fukushima plant" (2015-02-22, AFP newswire) [https://archive.today/5B7TY]
* "Inspectors Find 4,000 Errors at Japanese Nuclear Plant Near Fukushima" (2015-02-05) [http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150205/1017841975.html] [https://archive.today/Lpxc9]
* "Japan to Restart Idled Nuclear Reactors" (2015-02-12) [http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150212/1018149632.html] [https://archive.today/VJqZy]
* "Taiwan seeks to export nuclear waste overseas" (2015-02-18) [http://www.nuclearpowerdaily.com/reports/Taiwan_seeks_to_export_nuclear_waste_overseas_999.html] [https://archive.today/oGLaO]
SOLANO ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
* "Turning smartphones into personal, real-time pollution monitors" [https://archive.today/kjffq]
* "UI engineers find switchgrass removes PCBs from soils; Environmentally friendly method neutralizes dangerous chemicals" [http://now.uiowa.edu/2015/02/ui-engineers-find-switchgrass-removes-pcbs-soils] [https://archive.today/TkwK1]
* "Lawsuit Challenges California Plan Allowing Pesticide Spraying on Schools, Homes, Organic Farms" (2015-01-22) [https://archive.today/FBkNq]
* "GCM Announces New Testing Results of Lumber Liquidators Chinese‐made Laminates; All Chinese‐made Laminates Purchased for Testing Failed CARB Standards" (2015-03-02) [https://archive.today/pIgiw]
* An old story to remind us of the stakes in place for all people:
"TO LIVE AND DIE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN DESERT" (1998-08-21) [https://archive.today/1PxKE] [begin excerpt]: Sierra Blanca is already the site of the nation's largest sewage dump, where weekly, 250 tons of semitreated New York sludge is spread across the mountain range as twisted "range land revitalization." New York had to stop dumping its sludge in the Atlantic because it was contaminating the ocean. From Washington, D.C., or even the state capital of Austin, the 90 miles between El Paso and Sierra Blanca no doubt seems to be a safe distance in the event of nuclear contamination. Yet marchers, under the banner of Operation Backbone, left their footprints in the desert sand -- on both sides of the border -- because 90 miles is not a safe distance when speaking of water and a dump that would contain nuclear waste with a radioactive life of hundreds of thousands of years. The proposed dump lies on top of a confirmed seismic fault with a potential for a major earthquake. The irony of this impending environmental disaster is that it's a "run from and for the border." At first, it will involve bringing nuclear waste from the U.S.-Canadian border to within 16 miles from the Rio Grande river and the U.S.-Mexican border. The placing of nuclear waste within 100 kilometers (60 miles) on either side off the U.S.-Mexican border is also in clear violation of the 1983 La Paz Agreement, said Chavez. The agreement calls for both countries not to contribute to pollution along the border. While the nuclear industry likes to guarantee the impossibility of spillages and contamination, opponents point out that the six other nuclear waste dump facilities in the country are fraught with major environmental problems. [end excerpt]
* "Why Killer Whales Belong in the Ocean, Not SeaWorld: A former orca trainer makes the case against the theme park" (2015-03) [http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/why-killer-whales-belong-in-the-ocean-not-seaworld-180954333/?no-ist] [https://archive.today/k2Utw]
Justice for Guy Jarreau!
* "Vigil remembers man killed by Vallejo officer" (2015-03-03) [http://www.timesheraldonline.com/general-news/20150303/vigil-remembers-man-killed-by-vallejo-officer] [https://archive.today/zTpgV] [begin excerpt]:
“I fear who was supposed to serve and protect,” Jarreau-Griffin said. “Because why is it that every law enforcement agency that we know, even in New Orleans, is ‘shoot to kill’? What happened to ‘shoot to wound’?
“You don’t want them to testify,” Jarreau-Griffin concluded. “Is that the word we’re giving?”
In Maxwell Alley, Jarreau-Griffin and other friends and family gathered to witness Donald Claude, a chief of the Native American Blackfoot Hunters clan, perform a dance of cleansing. Claude wore traditional Native American clothing and danced, dropping pennies on the ground meant to symbolize God’s tears, according to Jarreau-Griffin. After the dance, Jarreau-Griffin addressed the group talking about the son she loved.
“He is my greatest of protectors,” Jarreau-Griffin said. “He’s my only son. He is my first-born.”
“From New Orleans, Louisiana to Vallejo, California I will fight you,” Jarreau-Griffin continued. “For I will not stop until this wrong has been made right. No matter what it takes, I will come. I don’t care how I have to come, I will come because I know God himself will right this wrong. And for the mother, the father, the loved ones that won’t have to feel what this family feels, you’re gonna grow to love him as we do, because out of this wrong there will be a right for someone else. Because right now, it’s larger than my son.”
Those in Maxwell Alley gathered in a circle and said a prayer together, then each stated how much they missed Jarreau.
Family friend Andrea Martinez described the man she remembered as a caring guy and who encouraged her to go to school.
“He loved the youth; that’s why he was a mentor,” Martinez said. “That’s why he did what he did. He died out here doing what he loved with his classmates, trying to stop the violence and he got killed in a violent manner. It’s messed up.
“It’s crazy: You’re trying to do something good for your community, for someone who’s supposed to protect and serve our community to do such a thing.” [end excerpt]
Sonoma County Family to File Civil Rights Lawsuit over Police Killing of Glenn Swindell in 2014
SONOMA COUNTY FAMILY TO FILE CIVIL RIGHTS LAWSUIT FOR THE DEATH OF FATHER DURING MILITARY SIEGE OF HOME BY SONOMA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Glenn Swindell died during the siege of his home in Larkfield by Sonoma County Sheriff’s deputies on May 17, 2014. Glenn was a 39-year-old husband and father of four children.
The Swindell family will file a federal civil rights lawsuit for the death of Glenn Swindell alleging that the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office violated Glenn’s rights to bear arms, his right to free speech and his right to be free from unreasonable searches of his home, as well as the family’s right to be free from government interference in their relationship with Glenn Swindell. The lawsuit also alleges that the Sheriff’s Office caused the wrongful death of Glenn Swindell.
The lawsuit alleges that the full-scale siege of the Swindell home occurred in the early evening of May 17, 2014, when Sheriff’s deputies were called to the Swindell home after a minor argument between Glenn and his wife, Sarah Swindell. When the deputies arrived, Glenn complied with their requests to turn over his children to Sarah, but Glenn asserted his rights to be free from unreasonable searches of his home. There being no basis or warrant to arrest him or a lawful basis to search his home, Glenn remained in his home and asked the deputies at his door to leave.
Instead of leaving, the deputies summoned supervisors, called for reinforcements, took his wife and two children into custody and began a full-scale siege of his home. The Sheriff’s Office learned from Glenn’s wife that Glenn lawfully owned registered firearms. The Sheriff’s Office searched through Glen’s Facebook page and learned that he wrote about his fear of police and their overreaching power. As a result, Sheriff’s investigators warned the personnel surrounding the Swindell home that Glenn was “making anti law enf hate style verbage and statements” and they escalated their efforts to arrest Glenn.
The exaggerated escalation of the incident scared Sarah and prompted her to request that they leave. The Sheriff’s deputies threatened to have her children taken from her if she did not cooperate with them. The Sheriff’s Office then secured a search warrant by lying as to the underlying facts of the incident. The Sheriff’s SWAT was called in to serve the search warrant. Upon arriving, a SWAT supervisor inquired why they had not killed Glenn yet. Using a military assault vehicle, the special weapons team broke down the garage door, entered and ransacked the Swindell home. By that point, Glenn had locked himself in his attic to escape the assault on his home. Once they confirmed that Glenn was locked in the attic, the special weapons team formulated a plan to use a cocktail of poisonous gases to kill Glenn. At the same time, Glenn phoned his mother and told her of his great fear that they would kill him and that he did not want to die. Without a reasonable cause and absent any emergency or exigent circumstances, the special weapons and tactics team used the military assault vehicle to punch a hole in the wall to the attic. They inserted the vehicle’s cannon to pump a cocktail of tear gas and pepper-spray into the enclosed attic creating a gas chamber. The poisonous gas quickly disabled Glenn due to the excruciating pain in his skin, eyes, throat, and lungs. Trapped in the attic gas-chamber and in horrific pain, Glenn shot himself once and died from the gunshot wound.
* "Cops kill every 8 hours in 2015" (2015-02-15) [https://archive.today/xTgjG]
* "Portland Votes For the Police State" (2015-02-23) [http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/02/23/update-portland-votes-police-state/] [https://archive.today/WKy7I]
* "The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'; Secret interrogation facility reveals aspects of war on terror in US; ‘They disappeared us’, protester details 17-hour shackling without basic rights; Accounts describe police brutality, missing 15-year-old and one man’s death" (2015-02-24) [http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site] [https://archive.today/CaO9S]
" 'Gestapo' tactics at US police 'black site' ring alarm from Chicago to Washington" (2015-02-26) [http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/26/police-black-site-chicago-washington-politicians-human-rights] [https://archive.today/qj1ty]
* "Protesting Chicago's Black Site: Homan Square" (2015-03-01)[http://www.worldcantwait.net/index.php/torture/8664-protesting-chicago-s-black-site] [https://archive.today/15Z8P] [begin excerpt]:
A member of Chicago World Can't Wait put it this way at the rally:
This trail of torture is long and winding. It leads from the cold concrete cells of Homan Square and Chicago’s police stations to the stark cages of Guantánamo’s Camp Delta... from the napalm-seared war against the liberation fighters of Vietnam in the 1960s to the attacks by occupying armies of police in the ghettos and barrios of Chicago over the last 40 years.
These torture techniques have been honed in U.S. wars against people around the world - CPD Detective Jon Burge learned his in Vietnam - and the torture inflicted on people on the South and West Sides of Chicago was “exported” to Guantanamo, where they took on even more gruesome form:
- water-boarding over and over again
- held in cages in freezing cold and grueling heat
- loud noise and light 24 hours a day
- held for years with no charges, no trial, no end
And then you have Richard Zuley, a Chicago cop who learned his torture techniques here in Chicago and then took them with him to Guantanamo where he participated in torture there.
We are wearing these orange jumpsuits today as a reminder of that torture and a symbol of solidarity with all the lives ruined and destroyed in this war OF terror. It is a symbol that is recognized around the world and it needs to be understood here too.
* "WHY DOES THE FBI HAVE TO MANUFACTURE ITS OWN PLOTS IF TERRORISM AND ISIS ARE SUCH GRAVE THREATS?" (2015-02-27) [https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/02/26/fbi-manufacture-plots-terrorism-isis-grave-threats/] [https://archive.today/3jBN5]
* "The Spy Cables: A glimpse into the world of espionage; Secret documents, leaked from numerous intelligence agencies, offer rare insights into the interactions between spies" (2015-02-23) [http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/02/spy-cables-world-espionage-snowden-guardian-mi6-cia-ssa-mossad-iran-southafrica-leak-150218100147229.html] [https://archive.today/nsI2m]
SAN PABLO BAY SOVEREIGNTY think-tank
* "How regulators and legislators make it harder for you to use solar power" (2015-02-24) [http://www.computerworld.com/article/2888358/how-regulators-and-legislators-make-it-harder-for-you-to-use-solar-power.html] [https://archive.today/oaP1X]
* "Native American Tribes Meet to Talk Legal Pot" (2015-02-28) [http://sputniknews.com/us/20150228/1018871237.html] [https://archive.today/DgWg9]
FREE 'EM ALL
Join the Fight to Free Rev. Pinkney! (2015-01-28) [https://archive.today/PNO9A]:
On December 15, 2014 the Rev. Edward Pinkney of Benton Harbor, Michigan was thrown into prison for 2.5 to 10 years. This 66-year-old leading African American activist was tried and convicted in front of an all-white jury and racist white judge and prosecutor for supposedly altering 5 dates on a recall petition against the mayor of Benton Harbor.
The prosecutor, with the judge’s approval, repeatedly told the jury “you don’t need evidence to convict Mr. Pinkney.” And ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE WAS EVER PRESENTED THAT TIED REV. PINKNEY TO THE ‘ALTERED’ PETITIONS. Rev. Pinkney was immediately led away in handcuffs and thrown into Jackson Prison.
* To sign the petition in support of the Rev. Edward Pinkney: [http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6405/c/10113/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=10735] , text archived at [https://archive.today/RAp6C].
* Donations for Rev. Pinkney’s defense can be sent on-line at [bhbanco.org] or to BANCO at Mrs Dorothy Pinkney, 1940 Union St., Benton Harbor, MI 49022
* MESSAGE FROM REV. PINKNEY: I am now in Marquette prison over 15 hours from wife and family, sitting in prison for a crime that was never committed. Judge Schrock and Mike Sepic both admitted there was no evidence against me but now I sit in prison facing 30 months. Schrock actually stated that he wanted to make an example out of me. (to scare Benton Harbor residents even more...) ONLY IN AMERICA. I now have an army to help fight Berrien County. When I arrived at Jackson state prison on Dec. 15, I met several hundred people from Detroit, Flint, Kalamazoo, and Grand Rapids. Some people recognized me. There was an outstanding amount of support given by the prison inmates. When I was transported to Marquette Prison it took 2 days. The prisoners knew who I was. One of the guards looked me up on the internet and said, "who would believe Berrien County is this racist."
* "Mass incarceration does not explain dramatic fall in US crime, study finds; Violent crime has fallen by 50% since 1990 but record levels of imprisonment cannot explain more than a fraction of the drop, a statistical analysis concludes" (2015-02-12) [http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/12/mass-incarceration-does-not-explain-fall-us-crime-rate-study] [https://archive.today/xZqfC]
* "Mass Incarceration Has Been a Costly and Utter Failure" (2015-02-13) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/13/mass-incarceration-has-been-costly-and-utter-failure-report] [https://archive.today/QVzIP]
* "Women in New York State Prisons Face Solitary Confinement and Shackling While Pregnant or Sick" (2015-02-15) [http://solitarywatch.com/2015/02/16/women-in-new-york-state-prisons-face-solitary-confinement-and-shackling-while-pregnant-or-sick/] [https://archive.today/OHLTO]
* "Support the Strike at St. Clair Correctional Facility in Alabama!" (2015-02-27) [http://www.alabamaprisonwatch.org/2015/02/support-strike-at-st-clair-correctional.html] [https://archive.today/O5hoF]
Today, 48 hours before a peaceful work stoppage starts on Sunday, March 1, at St Clair Correctional Facility (SCCF) in Springville, Ala., riot police have been sent to the prison to beat, torture, and intimidate the men incarcerated at SCCF, whose demands include an end to severe overcrowding and filthy living conditions.
We are looking to broaden the support for these courageous and conscious prisoners.
Literature created by these prisoners is available through the South Chicago ABC Zine Distro / P.O. Box 721 / Homewood, IL 60430.
Free Alabama Movement [Freealabamamovement.com] [Freealabamamovement.wordpress.com], audio stream [http://www.blogtalkradio.com/freealabamamovement], video [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88hKOWZ7PKGaTMPpLMTA]
"CONFIRMED THAT WARDEN DAVENPORT HAS CALLED IN THE RIOT TEAM TO ST. CLAIR PRISON, EVEN THOUGH NO ONE IS RIOTING. "
* "When Freedom Isn’t Free ALEC and the bail bond industry have a new plan to empty prisons—for a price" (2015-03-01) [http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/marchaprilmay_2015/features/when_freedom_isnt_free054224.php] [https://archive.today/K269w]
* "Net Neutrality: Victory for the People or One Set of Companies Over Another?" (2015-02-27) [http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/02/27/net-neutrality-victory-people-one-set-companies-another/] [https://archive.today/EM85m]
* "Telecoms, GOP Launch 'Last Ditch Effort' to Undermine Net Neutrality; Ahead of 'most important victory for the public interest' in FCC's history, corporate interests entertain Republican-controlled House committee with industry talking points" (2015-02-25) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/25/telecoms-gop-launch-last-ditch-effort-undermine-net-neutrality] [https://archive.today/Nbinm]
* "We won", 2015-02-25 from Holmes Wilson of the FFTF campaign:
The FCC just… voted... to pass… strong... net neutrality rules. The rules Comcast tried *everything* to stop. Reflect on this, for a moment:
President Obama had dragged his feet for years.
He appointed a former cable lobbyist to run the FCC.
Two of the 5 votes at the FCC (O’Rielly and Pai) were completely in Comcast’s hands.
Comcast owns NBC, CNBC and MSNBC and was shameless about using their networks for propaganda.
At Comcast CEO David Cohen’s house President Obama once joked – "I have been here so much the only thing I haven’t done in this house is have Seder dinner.”
To build Democrat opposition to net neutrality, the cable lobby used strategic donations to get the Boys & Girls Club and even the NAACP on their side.
The cable lobby spent millions on cleverly misleading emails to *paid* email lists to get a deluge of anti-net neutrality comments from regular people who thought they were opposing a “government takeover".
They even got to Glenn Beck. (Glenn Beck! How could you betray us?!?! Just kidding).
We went up against the most powerful lobby in America.
They bought broad support from both parties in Congress. We still won.
But this victory is *not* safe yet. One word: Congress.
Comcast’s last hope is to turn this victory for the Internet into a partisan fight. And half of Congress is running with it, pushing fake net-neutrality laws with intentional loopholes. If one of these bills passes, that destroys today’s win.
Being able to focus on organizing massive campaigns (like Battle for the Net and the Internet Slowdown) day in and day out means we can do things nobody else can, and bring the Internet to victories that were never before possible. That’s why we’re here, and we’re good at it, but man have we got a tough road ahead.
Spend some time sending [battleforthenet.com] to friends with emails, texts, and direct FB messages. We made some special changes to mark the occasion – and gear up for battle!
* "In Net Neutrality Victory, F.C.C. Classifies Broadband Internet Service as a Public Utility," The New York Times, February 26, 2015 [https://archive.today/IIELK]
* "How the Christian Coalition and MoveOn Helped Save Net Neutrality: A Buried Story of a Powerful Coalition," The Huffington Post, February 25, 2015 [https://archive.today/tCK5a]
* "The Net Neutrality Battle Has Been Lost. But now we can finally win the war," Slate, January 14, 2014 [https://archive.today/OMIno]
* "Sharpton paid to keep quiet about lack of black TV programming: suit" (2015-02-23) [http://nypost.com/2015/02/23/sharpton-paid-to-keep-quiet-about-lack-of-black-tv-programming-suit/] [https://archive.today/3JoKP]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
* "A Bloodless Coup d'état in Detroit" (2015-02-09, The Real News) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycg6hbRbf78]: Frank Hammer reports that in the grand bargain of the bailout, Detroit lost its democracy
* "Christian Soldiers: The lynching and torture of blacks in the Jim Crow South weren’t just acts of racism. They were religious rituals" (2015-02-10) [http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/02/jim_crow_south_s_lynching_of_blacks_and_christianity_the_terror_inflicted.single.html] [https://archive.today/6MpGb]
* "The new racists on campus: Meet the youth wing of the white nationalism movement; Youth for Western Civilization is just one of a growing number of hate groups targeting college students" (2015-02-11) [http://www.salon.com/2015/02/11/the_new_racists_on_campus_meet_the_youth_wing_of_the_white_nationalism_movement_partner/] [https://archive.today/FO74b]
* "For Christ’s Sake: Some Republicans would rather defend Christianity from all criticism than stand clearly against religious violence" (2015-02-09) [http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/02/republican_reaction_to_obama_s_prayer_breakfast_many_conservatives_don_t.single.html] [https://archive.today/T5lGE]
* "I Helped Start the Religious Right: Here's How We Tried to Undermine Secular America -- and Build a Theocracy" (2015-01-20) [http://www.alternet.org/print/tea-party-and-right/i-helped-start-religious-right-heres-how-we-tried-undermine-secular-america-and] [https://archive.today/PFCKb] [begin excerpt]:
As someone who participated in the rise of the religious right in the 1970s and 1980s, I can tell you that you can’t understand the modern Republican Party and its hatred of government unless you understand the evangelical home-school movement.
The Christian home-school movement drove the Evangelical school movement to the ever-harsher world-rejecting far right. The movement saw itself as separating from evil “secular” America. Therein lies the heart of the Tea Party, GOP and religious right’s paranoid view of the rest of us. And since my late father and evangelist Francis Schaeffer and I were instrumental in starting the religious right — I have since left the movement and recently wrote a book titled "Why I Am an Atheist who Believes in God: How to Give Love, Create Beauty and Find Peace" – believe me when I tell you that the evangelical schools and home school movement were, by design, founded to undermine a secular and free vision of America and replace it by stealth with a form of theocracy.
This happened because Evangelical home-schoolers were demanding ever-greater levels of “separation” from what they regarded as the Evil Secular World. It wasn’t enough just to reject the public schools. How could the Christian parent be sure that even the Evangelical schools were sufficiently pure? And so the Christian schools radicalized in order to not appear to be “compromising” with the world in the eyes of increasingly frightened and angry parents. (My account here of the rise of the home school movement is not aimed at home-schooling, per se, but at parents who want to indoctrinate, rather than educate.)
The Evangelical’s abandonment of the country they called home (while simultaneously demanding change in that society) went far beyond alternative schools or home-schooling. In the 1970s and 1980s thousands of Christian bookstores opened, countless new Evangelical radio programs flourished, and new TV stations went on the air. Even a “Christian Yellow Pages” (a guide to Evangelical tradesmen) was published advertising “Christ-centered plumbers,” accountants, and the like who “honor Jesus.”
New Evangelical universities and even new law schools appeared, seemingly overnight, with a clearly defined mission to “take back” each and every profession—including law and politics—”for Christ.” For instance, Liberty University’s Law School was a dream come true for my old friend Jerry Falwell, who (when I was speaking at his school in 1983 to the entire student body for the second time) gleefully told me of his vision for Liberty’s programs: “Frank, we’re going to train a new generation of judges to change America!” This was the same Jerry Falwell who wrote in “America Can Be Saved,” “I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won’t have any public schools.”
he religious right/far right et al. favored private “facts,” too. They claimed that global warming wasn’t real. They asserted this because scientists (those same agents of Satan who insisted that evolution was real) were the ones who said human actions were changing the climate. Worse, the government said so, too!
“Global warming is a left-wing plot to take away our freedom!”
“Amtrak must make a profit!”
Even the word “infrastructure” lost its respectability when government had a hand in maintaining roads, bridges and trains.
In denial of the West’s civic-minded, government-supporting heritage, Evangelicals (and the rest of the right) wound up defending private oil companies but not God’s creation, private cars instead of public transport, private insurance conglomerates rather than government care of individuals. The price for the religious right’s wholesale idolatry of private everything was that Christ’s reputation was tied to a cynical political party “owned” by billionaires. It only remained for a far right Republican-appointed majority on the Supreme Court to rule in 2010 that unlimited corporate money could pour into political campaigns—anonymously—in a way that clearly favored corporate America and the super wealthy, who were now the only entities served by the Republican Party.
* "A Vision from Hell: Exxon’s Neo-Imperialism Meets the GOP Grand Strategy" (2015-02-16) [http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175955/tomgram:_michael_klare,_a_republican_neo-imperial_vision_for_2016/] [https://archive.today/BnFNf]
* "More Proof Conservative Anti-Tax Dogma Only Applies To The Rich" (2015-02-16) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/02/16/more-proof-conservative-anti-tax-dogma-only-applies-rich] [https://archive.today/usTK6]
* "Brewing 'Perfect Storm,' GOP Lawmakers Push Millionaire-Friendly State Tax Schemes" (2015-02-16) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/16/brewing-perfect-storm-gop-lawmakers-push-millionaire-friendly-state-tax-schemes] [https://archive.today/R0T84]
* "NEW WORLD COMING: AMERICAN SECURITY IN THE 21ST CENTURY" (2000) [https://archive.today/xe6DK] [begin excerpt] The U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century was initiated over two years ago out of a conviction that the entire range of U.S. national security policies and processes required examination in light of new circumstances that lie ahead. The Phase I Report is dedicated to understanding how the world will likely evolve over the next 25 years. It describes global trends in scientific, technological, economic, socio-political and military security domains and the interplay of these developments on U.S. national security.
The Phase II Report devised a U.S. national security strategy to deal with the world in 2025. The purpose of the Phase II Report is to define an American strategy based on U.S. interests and key objectives. It develops a strategy for America to reap the benefits of a more integrated world to expand freedom, security, and prosperity and to dampen the forces of instability.
The Phase III Report recommends significant and comprehensive institutional and procedural changes throughout the Executive and Legislative Branches in order to meet the challenges of 2025.
* "Seeking a National Strategy: A Concert for Preserving Security and Promoting Freedom" from the Hart-Rudman Commission on National Security in the 21st Century [https://web.archive.org/web/20140721221414/http://fas.org/man/docs/PhaseII.pdf]
* "Top Secret America: General Dynamics" (2010-08) [https://web.archive.org/web/20100806085141/http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/companies/general-dynamics] [begin excerpt]: General Dynamics, headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, was formed in 1952 through the combination of Electric Boat Company, Canadair Ltd. and other companies. It grew internally and through acquisitions until the early 1990s, when it sold nearly all of its divisions except Electric Boat and Land Systems. Beginning in 1995, the company expanded those two core defense businesses by purchasing other shipyards and combat vehicle-related businesses. In 1997, to reach a new, expanding market, General Dynamics began acquiring companies with expertise in information technology products and services, particularly in the command, control, communications, computing, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) arena.General Dynamics has four business groups -- Aerospace, Combat Systems, Marine Systems and Information Systems and Technology (IST). TSA Companies in IST include Advanced Information Systems, C4 Systems, and Information Technology. [end excerpt]
* "Foreign governments gave millions to foundation while Clinton was at State Dept." (2015-02-25) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/foreign-governments-gave-millions-to-foundation-while-clinton-was-at-state-dept/2015/02/25/31937c1e-bc3f-11e4-8668-4e7ba8439ca6_story.html] [https://archive.today/cgl2l]
* "Hedge funds are a racket, in 2 charts" (2015-02-24) [http://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8093957/hedge-fund-racket-chart] [https://archive.today/5HjlY]
* "At fast-growing Brookings, donors may have an impact on research agenda; Outside In: A new era of influence" (2014-10-30) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/at-fast-growing-brookings-donors-help-set-agenda/2014/10/30/a4ba4e8e-48ef-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html] [https://archive.today/rHZ8x]
* "Who funds the new Brookings?" (2014-10-30) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/brookings-institution-2014/] [https://archive.today/qFk7Q]
* Brookings Institution's 2003 and 2013 annual reports [https://web.archive.org/web/20150228004851/http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/brookings-institutions-2003-and-2013-annual-reports/1418/]
* "Feds raid Texas secessionist meeting" (2015-02-23) [http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/houston-texas/article/Feds-raid-Texas-secessionist-meeting-6096637.php] [https://archive.today/t8Akz]
* "My Gitmo client’s interpreter worked for the CIA: Latest embarrassing incident demonstrates that military tribunals cannot mete out justice to detainees" (2015-02-15) [http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/2/my-gitmo-clients-interpreter-worked-for-the-cia.html] [https://archive.today/60HLd]
It appears that the use of the swastika symbol to denounce fascism is considered "hateful" by those who adhere to the fascism being denounced!
* "Sacramento homeowner urged to remove 'offensive' swastika display" (2015-02-26, LA Times) [https://archive.today/m9Toz] [begin excerpt]: Community leaders and lawmakers are pleading with a homeowner to remove flags bearing swastikas displayed outside his Northern California home, calling the display “offensive.” State Sen. Marty Block (D-San Diego) was joined by a group of veterans, community leaders and fellow legislators Thursday in Sacramento in urging the homeowner to remove the swastika display from his Sacramento area home.
It appears the Star of David was replaced with a swastika on two of three flags, which bear a resemblance to Israel’s national flag. On a third flag, the stars on an American flag were also replaced with a swastika. “He may have the right to leave it up, but that certainly doesn't make it right,” Block said. “It's time to remove this disgusting display of racism from our community. It's time to take it down.” Sacramento police were called Wednesday to investigate the symbols, the department’s spokesman Sgt. Doug Morris said. The department has “zero tolerance” for any types of hate, but Morris said the display is protected by the 1st Amendment. [end excerpt]
* photos [https://archive.today/plVKu] [https://archive.today/xHdP2], showing extremist messages, including the intentionally misleading display which reads: "Allahu Akbar: Charlie Hebdo 12 Dead. Allahu Akbar: Fort Hood 13 Dead. Allahu Akbar: 9/11 2,977 Dead. Allahu Akbar: The Last Words that Millions have heard before they were murdered."
* "See the Home Display That Has Neighbors Riled Up" (2015-02-27, ABC News) [https://archive.today/xgmvU]:
* "Swastika display still up on Sacramento home despite outrage" (2015-02-26, San Francisco Chronicle) [https://archive.today/m9Toz] [begin excerpt]:
Robert Dixon of Granite Bay (Placer County ) was out front with signs saying the display should come down. “This is just absolutely despicable that this is considered free speech, these swastikas,” said Dixon. “This anti-Americanism and anti-Semitism is rampant. I’m just fed up with this.”
One of Dixon’s signs read “God Bless Israel and Every Soul in it.” He was upset that the American flag had been emblazoned with the swastika. “I’m just a regular guy, but I love my country,” Dixon said.
Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, was among those calling for the Nazi symbols to come down. “The swastika incites fear, it incites hate and it incites violence, and we need to be very careful about how these symbols are used in society,” he said. “The swastika should come down. The false equivalence of Nazism with Jews or even the state of Israel is unacceptable.” Levine said swastikas risk inciting violence. and displaying them is unacceptable. “And the more that community members and community leaders, including politicians, call out hate for what it is, the better we will be as a society,” he said.
Democratic state Sen. Richard Pan, who represents the Sacramento neighborhood, said the swastika display left him with deep revulsion. He called the display a hurtful reminder of the atrocities of the Holocaust. “While the right of free expression as protected by the First Amendment is important to Sacramento and our nation, I call on the homeowner to listen to his neighbors and remove these symbols of murder and hate from public display on his property,” Pan said. [end excerpt]
Provided by the World Fascism Watch of the Committee for the Study of History and the Current Context, the Solano Peace, Justice & Freedom Coalition, the Green Charter Committee, and 5th World News service of the Dawnstar INC.
* Jeffrey Epstein's Little Black Book (redacted) document [https://web.archive.org/web/20150124141142/https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1508273-jeffrey-epsteins-little-black-book-redacted.html]
* EPSTEIN'S BLACK BOOK - NAMES LISTED [https://archive.today/03odV]
More info on the topic [https://archive.today/KMfrI], and its connection to the Ukraine [https://archive.today/g1snV].
* CHILD ABUSE BY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
Filmmaker was documenting child abuse by government officials before he mysteriously died.
part 1 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48YF1uEuCUA]
part 2 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhGz5NEPoGs]
part 3 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0D85vhY-M]
United States of Mexico
* United States "Senators want oil door opened to Mexico" (2015-02-19, UPI newswire) [https://archive.today/7ldED]
Republic of Haiti
* "The Struggle for Liberation in Haiti Today" (2015-02-27) [http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/27/the-struggle-for-liberation-in-haiti-today/] [https://archive.today/sM2uz]
Republic of Honduras
Collected from "Presente-Honduras Digest", and from [facebook.com/HondurasSolidarityNetwork]
According to El Libertador, Honduras doesn't fare well in a democracy study by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/Uj17c]
* "Child Workers, Other Labor Violations Found in Honduras by U.S." (2015-02-27, NBC News) [https://archive.today/dRgrr]
* The US Department of Labor criticizes Honduras for failing core standards for worker rights. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/mtv8f], (2) [https://archive.today/DsPnH]
* "Unions call for a new chapter in US-Honduras relations; A new report by US trade unions has strongly criticised the US government’s policies in Honduras" (2015-02-11) [http://www.calaborfed.org/index.php/site/page/unions_call_for_a_new_chapter_in_us_honduras_relations] [https://archive.today/dzoTJ]
La Tribuna warns of a possible food crisis due to bad harvest and rising food prices. It won't help, that the Health Secretariat fears a possible outbreak of mad-cow disease. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/1TfvD], (2) [https://archive.today/vHdXL]
The Health Secretariat announced the privatization of the Honduran distribution of drugs system. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/Zz9hk].
The ZEDE is also know as "Model City" or "Charter City". It would be independent of national laws and would operate under the legal system of another country. I haven't seen anything to indicate what legal system this one will use, but the developers are South Koreans. How the ZEDEs differ from classic colonial land theft is difficult to see.
Tico Times published a longish article on the planned Employment and Economic Development Zones (ZEDE) in Honduras. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/0z0bm].
* "Honduras to Unveil First ZEDE in March Korean Development Partner to Reveal Blueprints For Pacific Port, Logistics Hub" (2015-01-20) [http://panampost.com/panam-staff/2015/01/20/honduras-to-unveil-first-zede-in-march/] [https://archive.today/yMoTb]
* San Pedro Sula, meanwhile, stays for at leas on more year the most violent city in the world with a homicide rate of 171 per 100'000 inhabitants in 2014. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/y94OY]
Articles written by Vicki Cervantes, a human-rights organizer
* "Day 1 in Honduras - Police, Police, Police" (2015-01-22) [https://archive.today/xLvlA]
* "Honduras - From Campesinos to Congress" (2015-01-25) [http://hondurasresists.blogspot.de/2015/01/honduras-from-campesinos-to-congress.html] [https://archive.today/DaO8S]
* "San Pedro Sula - Resistance March January 27, 2015" [https://archive.today/Wyw1V]
According to COFADEH, more than 3000 Honduran human rights defenders have faced, or are still facing, judicial proceedings since 2009. Source in Spanish (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/4vB83].
On February 25th, the 'Halt the Risk' campaign for the protection of human rights defenders in Honduras was officially launched. COFADEH's Bertha Oliva held the inauguration speech. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/wmKnq], (2) [https://archive.today/RXUxD], (3)[https://archive.today/i46PF]
Amnesty International, meanwhile, published its annual State of the World's Human Rights Report, writing about Honduras: "Human rights violations and abuses against human rights defenders, journalists, women and girls, LGBTI people, Indigenous, Afro-descendant and campesino (peasant farmer) communities continued to be a serious concern. These violations took place in a context where impunity for human rights violations and abuses was endemic and where levels of organized and common crime were high." [https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/pol10/0001/2015/en/] [https://archive.today/p40Qa]
As the judicial persecution of human rights defender Gladys Lanza continues, Radio Progreso tells the story of her life and her fight for women's rights. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/wVTIh].
* "Chabelo Morales: Symbol of resistance" (2014-12) [https://archive.today/qKbpQ]
* "Freedom And Justice For Chabelo Morales" (2012-10) [https://archive.today/C3Lgu]
* "#FreeChabelo: The Case of Jose Isabel “Chabelo” Morales" (2014-05-21) [https://archive.today/RE1qc]
(2014-09-28) El Heraldo reports that the speaker of Fusina was attacked at home. Apparently some 20 men with AR-15 rifles shot at his house. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/qTJAR]
After receiving death threats, the journalist for Channel 36, Ely Vallejo, fled the country.
Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/C1ZNo], (2) [https://archive.today/2FkcK]
21 year old Erick Arriaga, employee of Radio Globo, was shot dead on February 21 in Comayag?ela. Sources in Spanish (2015-02-24): (1) [https://archive.today/VcBUf], (2) [https://archive.today/wjdre]
Erick Arriaga, a Radio Globo technician/radio operator was killed last night :(
#URGENTE [https://archive.today/CFTPV]: Desconocidos le quitan la vida al operador de radio globo Erick Arriaga. La victima fue asesinado a altas horas de la noche del pasado lunes y no se descarta que sea un acto para tratar de silenciar al medio donde laboraba
The new Security Minister Julian Pacheco Tinoco announced a technological security plan to support the municipalities in Honduras. Source in Spanish (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/UVEiZ]
A Honduran police officer will appear in an advertising spot promoting freedom of expression. Source in Spanish (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/FqcWd]
At the graduation of 2144 new soldiers, JOH told them that they will be used to fight organized crime AND common criminality. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/Gh5lq] , (2) [https://archive.today/HkKl7]
Javier Suazo analyzes the support of the private business lobby group COHEP for the constitutional status of the Military Police. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/QTj0L]
There is a meeting in Tela, Honduras February 26th, held at the Indura Beach Resort (the one built on stolen Garifuna lands), to promote and discuss the Alliance for Prosperity of the Northern Triangle. Source in Spanish (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/QAKZu]
Javier Suazo offers an interesting analysis of JOH's first year in office. The National Popular Resistance Front showed their disagreement with JOH with protests in several Honduran cities. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/2NN0n], (2) [https://archive.today/3Qs04]
The political opposition parties stated in a joint press release that together they are a majority in Congress and that they will use this to legislate in favor of the Honduran people. The forces in power and the main press, meanwhile, tries everything to denigrate the opposition parties. Sources in Spanish (2015-02-24): (1) [https://archive.today/SvPJ9], (2) [https://archive.today/665TR], (3) [https://archive.today/zSpli]
CInPH reports of a victorious protest against a hydroelectric dam in Santa Elena, La Paz. Source in Spanish (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/tMGxR]
On February 12, campesino families were violently evicted in two communities in Choloma. After returning, last a week ago, they are now threatened of eviction again. Meanwhile, Defensores en Linea continues reporting on the reigning impunity in the case of five murdered campesinos in El Tumbador more than four years ago. Sources in Spanish (2015-02-24) (1) [https://archive.today/zzGgW], (2) [https://archive.today/SEjxM]
La Prensa reports on a forceful eviction of 46 campesinxs families in Choloma by more than 200 police agents and soldiers. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/eEnL7]
The violently evicted campesinxs in Choloma are currently living in the streets, while the authorities try to ignore their case. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/CITrm]
Defensores en Linea denounces in a new article the ongoing attacks against campesionxs in the Aguan. The recent attack against Via Campesina's office in Tegucigalpa can also be seen as part of this. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/T1i2Q], (2) [https://archive.today/LnhSW]
Jesus Flores Satuye, Garifuna, was hurt in an attack last weekend in Nueva Armenia. Sources in Spanish (1) [https://archive.today/OvgU1], (2) [https://archive.today/rZVxK]
"Today: armed attacks on Garifuna community members" (2015-01-26) from Sandra Cuffe via Campesina office:
This morning, a group of Garifuna involved in the community of Nueva Armenia's land recuperation were shot at. Jesus Flores Satuye (who has a case in the inter-American human rights system regarding being shot by a Navy officer while diving in the Cayos Cochinos) was wounded.
* OFRANEH statement about today's incident (Spanish): [https://archive.today/0Mms2]
* OFRANEH statement concerning armed men coming in, firing in the air, and burning crops earlier this month (Spanish): [https://archive.today/gI0HN]
* A piece I wrote last year with info on Jesus Flores Satuye's case (English): [https://archive.today/BhvRj]
The Via Campesina office in Tegucigalpa was also the target of an armed attack. More than two dozen high-caliber rounds were fired at the building at around 1am, according to the organization. The Via Campesina communique (in Spanish) is here [http://solanopeacejustice.blogspot.com/2015/01/today-armed-attacks-on-garifuna.html], and an article (in Spanish) here: "Honduras: ¡Disparan 20 tiros contra la sede de la Vía Campesina y contra Garifunas en Nueva Armenia!" (2015-01-26) [https://archive.today/VAOSF]
The Garfuna settlement at Barra Vieja was evicted 2014-09-30. The police and military removed the belongings of the families from their homes. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/vVnsm].
Greg McCain wrote that day [begin note]: I received a call from PROAH that the Honduran military is arriving in the town of Barra Vieja in the municipality of Tela to evict the Garifuna from their community which they founded in 1958. This coming after the community was told this morning that the eviction would be postponed for a month during an appeal process. Members of PROAH and OFRANEH are on the scene and will provide further info as the situation progresses. Barra Vieja is situated on the Bay of Tela and has been threatened by the development of a new mega project with the name Indura, a beach resort that will occupy more than 500 acres of land, a stretch of two miles along the coast and plans to fill more than 80 hectares of Laguna los Micos to create a golf course, in open violation of the Convention of International Wetlands Protection, known as (RAMSAR). [end note]
Sandra Cuffe added [begin note]: The Indura Beach & Golf Resort is an *existing* mega-project, wetlands-filling golf course and all (http://www.induraresort.com/). It was inaugurated late last year and then actually opened earlier this year. In 2013, the name/image was changed from Los Micos Beach & Golf Resort (which itself was a revamping of a prior name) to Indura. There is some solid background (and photos) about land issues and Garifuna resistance to mega-tourism in the Tela Bay in a 2008 (during the long construction phase) photo-essay by James Rodriguez (http://www.mimundo-photoessays.org/2008/07/garifuna-resistance-against-mega.html). The Inter-American Court on Human Rights will likely address the issue of the resort in its upcoming ruling in the Triunfo de la Cruz case. [end note]
Note from Gary of the Chicago Religious Leadership Network on Latin America (CRLN) [begin note]: I called and asked for Judge Gloria Rodriquez. They asked who was calling, and I identified myself and our organization. Judge Rodriquez took my call. She said she signed the order for the eviction because the appellate court in La Ceiba overturned a previous decision (hers I think she said) that ruled against the eviction. She said she was obligated to issue the eviction order because it was mandated by a higher court. She said that I would need to talk to the Appellate Court in La Ceiba, saying the number is 2408-4252. She said I should ask for abogado Castillar. I am not sure if the is the lawyer for the community (who she initially said I should talk to about the case) or the persons responsible in the La Ceiba court. [end note]
(2014-09-26) After ConexiHon yesterday, OFRANEH informs itself about the looming eviction of the Garifuna community Barra Vieja. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/8TwNO].
A new social documentary was presented in Honduras: "Freedom has the name of a woman". It portrays the struggle of indigenous and Garifuna people in Honduras. In it, they also present a Garifuna community radio. Meanwhile OFRANEH reported that another such community radio may be closed down by the National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL). In Ecuador, the Tukui Shimi Foundation and the Confederation of Indigenous Nationalities of Ecuador have together produced a manual on the UN declarations on indigenous rights. It may be useful in Honduras as well.
Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/37qCk], (2) [https://archive.today/bp3Hb]
Organizacion Fraternal Negra Hondurena (OFRANEH)
Sambo Creek, Atlantida. Honduras
telefax: 504-24541513 / 504-24490003
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Twitter: [https://twitter.com/ofraneh] @ofraneh
Proyecto de Acompanamiento internacional en Honduras (PROAH) [http://proah.wordpress.com]
Honduras Accompaniment Project [http://hondurasaccompanimentproject.wordpress.com]
Friendship Office of the Americas [http://friendshipamericas.org]
Pagina Facebook: [https://www.facebook.com/proahonduras]
Some 1800 retired teachers are without any pension payments. Source in Spanish (2015-02-24) [https://archive.today/5afF6]
C-Libre warns of a so-far secret resolution, which will allow 18 state institutions to restrict the right to information. Source in Spanish (2015-02-20) [https://archive.today/FX78J]
During the visit of the members of the European Parliament, two Libre congresswomen weren't allowed access to the meeting even though they had been invited by the EU. Source in Spanish [https://archive.today/ZZMs7]
Apaprently a fake press statement by the four political opposition parties was release to the Honduran media. Mel Zelaya blames the National Party and want the Public Prosecution Office to intervene. Source in Spanish (2015-02-23) [https://archive.today/gL0Bm]
A note on the media campaign against the political opposition LIBRE in Honduras, from Vicki Cervantes (2015-01-23):
We have heard for some time about the campaign in Honduras to make LIBRE and any political opposition invisible. The following note doesn't pretend to be scientific but results from a quick study of a couple of newspapers.
During a five hour bus ride from San Pedro Sula to Tegucigalpa I spent some time reading every page and every article of one of the main newspapers (El Heraldo January 21) in Honduras - pro-coup press, supporting the government of Juan Orlando Hernandez. Besides the 4 pages of articles on the problem of "unlicensed massage clinics", there were several articles on the debate in the Honduran Congress over Hernandez's proposal to change the constitution to make the military police permanent and reporting directly to him.
The articles talk about the debate with detail, but never mention the word LIBRE, ever, and I only found one mention of the other major opposition, the Anti Corruption Party -PAC. The articles mention opposition to the proposal but the only party they mention besides the National Party of Juan Orlando is the Liberal Party. It is as if they hoped somehow to pretend that the old bi-party system is intact - which it isn't. The articles only mention "opposition" or "opposition parties", but never the party's name. But it wasn't only in these articles that LIBRE is not mentioned, there is an article that explains in some detail a proposal being made by the Tegucigalpa Councilwoman, Maria Luisa Borges without ever mentioning that she is a member of LIBRE.
Finally the only time LIBRE was mentioned by name was in an article with the headline, "Anarchism" in LIBRE - congressmen almost go to blows" reporting on a conflict between LIBRE congressmen Wilfredo Paz and Rafael Alegria with a LIBRE congresswoman Tatiana Canales.
Following up on January 22, the findings are the same - the only mentions of the word LIBRE were 1. in a report on the press conference that LIBRE members led by Mel Zelaya and Xiomara Castro together with human rights groups about concerns because of the attacks against them for opposing the military police proposal; 2. An article where the Libre congresswoman Canales resigns from LIBRE; 3. A report on members of Congress from LIBRE, PAC and PINU (all political opposition) filing a defamation charge against Juan Orlando for his accusations that the opposition to the military police comes from people tied to organized crime.
Again articles about the debates only mention the National and Liberal Parties and there were no mentions of other activity or declarations by LIBRE members. LIBRE is mentioned by name apparently only when it seems there is an opportunity to attack it in some form.
Republic of Cuba
* " What Is the Meaning of the “Normalization” of Diplomatic Relations Between the U.S. and Cuba?" (2015-02-25) [http://socialistorganizer.org/what-is-the-meaning-of-the-normalization-of-diplomatic-relations-between-the-u-s-and-cuba/] [https://archive.today/imqnD]
* "Communism is an Aspiration: The Future of Cuba" (2015-02-27) [http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/27/the-future-of-cuba/] [https://archive.today/T4t3k]
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
* "New Evidence Links Ledezma, COPEI to Thwarted Coup" (2015-02-27) [http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11238] [https://archive.today/MHeiV]
* "Fact Not Fiction US Aggression Against Venezuela" (2015-02-26) [http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/26/us-aggression-against-venezuela/] [https://archive.today/lXdjR]
* "Venezuelan Guarimbas: 11 Things the Media Didn't Tell You" (2015-02-16) [http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/11211] [https://archive.today/6aXqN]
* "Amid International Outcry, Venezuelan Officials Allege Blackwater, U.S. and Canadian Links to Thwarted Coup" (2015-02-16) [http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11212] [https://archive.today/PbEbl]
* "Venezuelan government stops U.S.-backed coup attempt" (2015-02-16) [http://www.iacenter.org/venezuela/venez021815] [https://archive.today/nUmFF]
* "In Solidarity with the Bolivarian Revolution of Venezuela - U.S. Imperialism: Hands off Venezuela! Chavez Presente, Maduro Presidente!" (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/yRPBJ] from the International Action Center (IAC):
It is a dangerous time for the Bolivarian Revolution of Venezuela.
The International Action Center urges the world wide anti-war and solidarity movement to intensify its solidarity with the Venezuelan people and its leadership. This solidarity is urgent.
Since the advent of the Bolivarian Revolution spearheaded by President Hugo Chavez who tragically died two years ago, Washington and the Venezuelan elite have worked nonstop to derail the progress made for working people in Venezuela.
President Nicolas Maduro has valiantly continued to carry out the legacy of the Revolution despite coup attempts, the hoarding of food and constant destabilization attempts from Washington and inside the country.
Venezuela's enemies will never reconcile itself to the will of the people and its leadership because they are attempting to build a society that benefits the poor and working class of Venezuela and not Wall Street.
These destabilization and extremely dangerous actions have escalated recently. Almost to the year after the start of violent street demonstrations known as guarimbas that attempted to overthrow the Maduro government and killed 43 people and injured hundreds, President Maduro revealed further dangerous plans against the government.
On Feb. 12, 2015 President Maduro informed the people that the government had dismantled another attack. He released details about recently discovered plans and the role of the U.S. government.
According to President Maduro, the coup was to unfold in three phases:
The first would be the publication of the "Program of the Transitional Government" in print, followed by the second phase, an attack with a Tucano fighter plane on the president's Miraflores Palace and more than a dozen other places, including government departments and the central station of Telesur, the Bolivarian media organization.
The third phase would be the publication of a "video of a general who had confessed and been convicted of a coup last year, who would report that a military force had revolted against President Nicolas Maduro and had overthrown him." (Telesur, Feb. 12)
This bodes ill for the Bolivarian Revolution, the working class of Venezuela and the world wide progressive movement.
We know what side Washington is on. Over 25,000 people have been killed in Honduras since 2009. The struggle for justice for 43 missing students along with the death and disappearances of tens of thousands in Mexico are a non-issue for the Obama administration. Why? Because in Honduras and Mexico, these deaths are of resistance fighters and people in struggle.
Washington allies itself with governments in Mexico and Honduras that have the blood of their people on their hands while at the same time it is attempting to overthrow the government of Venezuela. This shows once again that Washington's only aim in Latin America and the Caribbean is profits, domination and control for Wall Street.
The progressive movement must go all out to voice their opposition to destabilization attempts in Venezuela. A victory for the ruling elite there would be disastrous for the people of Venezuela and for the world.
On March 5 on the two year anniversary of the death of President Chavez, solidarity actions will be held in cities across the United States, in Venezuela, throughout Latin America and the world.
The IAC urges everyone to come out for these actions and demand:
US IMPERIALISM: HANDS OFF VENEZUELA!
Endorsed by The Bolivarian Circle Alberto Lovera [CBAlbertoLovera@gmail.com].
Rally in Solidarity with Venezuela's Bolivarian Revolution
Thursday, March 5, 5 pm, 24th & Mission, San Francisco
Join us to tell Washington: U.S. Hands Off Venezuela!
March 5 is the second anniversary of the tragic passing of President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. Yet, despite his short life, he transformed Venezuela by his courageous struggle to make the Venezuelan masses the protagonists of their destiny.
This is a dangerous time for Venezuela. The US has spent millions of dollars to destabilize Venezuela, to try to regain control of their oil reserves, which are the largest on the planet. The Obama administration has increased its aggressive policies since the death of President Chavez and the 2013 election of President Maduro. And on February 12, the Venezuelan government announced that it defeated a right-wing coup plot.
This is why it is so important that we rally in the Bay Area to defend the Bolivarian Revolution and the Venezuelan people's right to live free of U.S. aggression. There are actions planned on March 5 in several U.S. cities.
Before Chavez, Venezuela's natural resources enriched only the oil companies and ruling class. Today the country's wealth has been harnessed for true development -- hundreds of thousands of homes, healthcare and schools throughout the country.
The goal of the Bolivarian Revolutionary process is socialism, where every human being can enjoy guaranteed rights of healthcare, education, housing, jobs, equality, culture, social peace, and international solidarity.
But the U.S. government is working to destabilize the Venezuelan revolutionary government, financing right-wing organizations, encouraging coup attempts and terrorist attacks on the population. Now, the U.S. Congress is applying sanctions on Venezuela to punish the government and people for defending their sovereignty.
It is up to us, the people of the United States, to demand that our government stop the attacks and destabilization of Venezuela, respect International Law and Venezuela's right to live.
Sponsored by Bay Area Latin America Solidarity Coalition [firstname.lastname@example.org] [2969 Mission St. San Francisco, CA 94110].
Endorsed by ANSWER Coalition, SOA Watch-San Francisco; FMLN-Nor. California; FSLN-Nor. California; Haiti Action Committee; Hondurenos en Resistencia del Norte de California; Task Force on the Americas; Nicaragua Center for Community Action; Party for Socialism and Liberation; Workers World Party; Marcha Patriotic-capitulo norte california
European Union (EU)
* "European Trade Unions Demand End to Social Dumping of Millions of Workers" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150227/1018850525.html] [https://archive.today/p503V]
* "EU Reeling Between US and Russia" (2015-02-19) [http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20150219/1018472687.html] [https://archive.today/5hfoR]
* "Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova: the European Union Association Agreements and NATO, an analytical report" [https://web.archive.org/web/20150301051056/http://pano.rian.ru/reports/Center_of_International_Studies_and_Journalism.pdf]
Faded EU dreams
Third of Eastern Europe population plunging into poverty: EU
European diplomats published a report about the living standards in Eastern Europe. According to the report, more than a third of the population of Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Latvia and Hungary are at risk of poverty and social exclusion.
In a half of EU countries, at least one in three children lives in poverty. The situation is worst in crisis-affected countries, such as Cyprus, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Romania, Pravda.Ru said.
Residents of Bulgaria are most vulnerable. In Bulgaria, 48 percent of the population live in poverty. In addition, nearly 40 percent of Romanian citizens live on the verge of poverty, Eurostat said.
* "Spaniards Need Jobs, Money, Good Healthcare, Not Worried About Terrorism" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150227/1018848748.html] [https://archive.today/CUGgB]
Republic of Ukraine
* "George Soros Believes 'New Ukraine' is a Model for European Union" (2015-02-07) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150207/1017927887.html] [https://archive.today/2Zy5N]
President of Peace Poroshenko is in Action: Ukraine concludes 20 contracts on arms supply at IDEX-2015 show
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has announced that Ukraine has concluded a number of contracts on weapons supply to Kiev at the IDEX-2015 arms show.
"During the IDEX-2015 arms exhibition Ukraine has concluded some 20 contracts on arms supplies," he said.
According to the president, European, American and Middle Eastern companies will supply defencive weapons to Ukraine.
Poroshenko also announced signing several agreements on supplies of Ukrainian defense industry productsworth several dozen million dollars. The Ukrainian leader stressed that it's very important for modernization of the country's armed forces.
Ukraine and the United Arab Emirates have signed a memorandum on mutual understanding and cooperation in the military technical sphere. Poroshenko pointed out that the United Arab Emirates was the first country to supply Cougar and Spartan armored vehicles [manufactured by Streit Group].
* "SALE OF UKRAINE TO US HAS STARTED. The first lot - the Port near Odessa" (2015-02-28) [https://archive.today/fHdTJ]
* "ARMED DNEPR BATTALION FIGHTERS CAPTURED ROVNO FOUNDRY" (2015-02-27) [http://www.politnavigator.net/vooruzhennye-bojjcy-batalona-dnepr-zakhvatili-rovenskijj-litejjnyjj-zavod-smi.html] [https://archive.today/ajFzx]:
Dnepr battalion fighters broke into the territory of Rovno foundry.
This information was confirmed on Facebook by an activist from Rovno Roman Martin. According to his information the battalion fighters came to protect the interests of some Austiran company, which is claiming a share of the tractor factory, as it is one of the foundry shareholders.
"When we arrived to the site, we saw a strange picture - the local security guards were outside standing with their faces turned to the wall and their hands above their heads," - ERVE quotes the chairman of Rovno district council Vladimir Pilipchuk - "Personal belongings and phones were taken away from the people. No official papers were provided in reply to my request to present the documents, I was only shown some bad photocopies.
The only legitimate document they had was the document, which entitled them to take the inventories, but please tell me, when has it become normal to take inventories carrying guns around?"
In turn Roman Martin said he was very puzzled to see a police battalion taking part in what is clearly a conflict between businesses.
* "The head of the U.S. National Intelligence visited Kiev a month ago" (2015-03-05) [http://southfront.info/head-u-s-national-intelligence-visited-kiev-month-ago/] [https://archive.today/DQZWj]
* "Convicted Fraudster Jonathan Hay, Harvard’s Man Who Wrecked Russia, Resurfaces in Ukraine" (2015-02-04) [https://archive.today/LGvcg]
The counterpart US think-tank scheme for running $2 billion in fresh US arms to Ukraine was released this week by three US think-tanks – Brookings, Atlantic Council, and the Chicago Council on Global Affairs [http://www.thechicagocouncil.org/sites/default/files/UkraineReport_February2015_FINAL.pdf]. The authors of this new plan for direct Pentagon funding of the civil war include two ex-US ambassadors to Ukraine; two former US officers from the NATO command staff; and Michele Flournoy, a current advisor to presidential candidate Hillary Clinton (below, with Clinton and former Secretary of State, Madeline Albright.) Together, they report that one of their Ukrainian advisors is “Major General Oleksandr Sirskiy, Commander, “Anti-Terror Operation,” Armed Forces of Ukraine.”
CASE and Vox call each other partners. Another of their common ideas is the replacement of local Ukrainian officials with Anglo-Ukrainians, Ukrainian-Americans and others [https://archive.today/irRRT]: “The government should bring in the government, agencies, military, etc., as many Western-leaning, Western-lived, Western-trained professionals as humanely possible, and fire, without hesitation, most or all of the old guard.” This is not only an endorsement of American appointees like the new finance minister, Natalie Jaresko [https://archive.today/9lOoa], and foreign investment advisor Jaanika Merilo [https://archive.today/yPIYD]. It is also an advertisement for the Ukrainian academics who have signed up to the advisory councils, contributor lists, and supervisory boards of think-tanks like CASE. Here they are – Kiev minister hopefuls and candidate apparatchiki, on the Vox website [https://archive.today/QyYaq].
The Poles aim not to be left out of the spoils. Balcerowicz operates his own think-tank, which he calls Forum Obywatelskiego Rozwoju (FOR, Forum for Civic Development).
Luca Barbone is another of CASE Ukraine’s current board. An Italian native, he was educated in the US and then worked for the World Bank between 2000 and 2011. For four of those years he was the regional director for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova, based in Kiev. Since his exit from the World Bank, he was employed by CASE Poland. His second wife, a Pole, was an economist working on her homeland at the World Bank. They now call Washington home. If Vox Ukraine manages a summons to Kiev, with a line of US budget money to employ him at the level to which he is accustomed, Barbone is ready to travel.
Originally, the European Union (EU) had no conflict with the Republic of the Ukraine joining with the Eurasian Union (EEU).
* "Merkel: Ukraine can go to Eurasian Union" (2014-08-25) [http://euobserver.com/foreign/125331] [https://archive.today/3LkoC]
The USA launched a coup against the democratically elected government of the Republic of Ukraine in order to prevent their accession to the EEU, and launched an aggressive campaign to destroy the EEU, including the use of false narratives claiming the EEU is expansionist, and issuing provocative statements calling for war against the Federation of Russia.
* "Preserving Ukraine’s Independence, Resisting Russian Aggression: What the United States and NATO Must Do" (2015-02) from the Atlantic Council, the Brookings Institute, and The Chicago Council on Global Affairs [https://web.archive.org/web/20150205012617/http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/reports/2015/02/ukraine%20independence%20russian%20aggression/ukrainereport_february2015_final.pdf]
* "Top German Media Continue to Discredit Themselves with Obviously False Headlines"[https://archive.today/s9LLY]: ZDF a central German broadcasters, has recently been targeted by public complaints regarding the credibility of their reporting about the conflict in Ukraine and the faked "Russian invasion" of uniformed ground-troops (when in reality the Novorossiya military is being aided by non-uniformed international volunteers including from the Federation of Russia).
See the Exhibition in Kiev that 'Proves' Russian Aggression [http://russia-insider.com/en/ukraine/2015/02/25/3839] [https://archive.today/XfQEv]. Kiev government displayed heavy weapons it claims were captured in east Ukraine and clearly came from Russia — is it really clear?
* "How 'Reverse Blame' Works: New Book on Ukraine Crisis Exposes US Geo-Scams" (2015-02-23) [http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150223/1018617115.html] [https://archive.today/xTnWX], based on the "Flashpoint in Ukraine" book (2014) [http://www.claritypress.com/LendmanIII.html]:
'Finance in Today’s World Has Become War by Non-Military Means' -
In his chapter "The new Cold War’s Ukraine Gambit", Michael Hudson, a world-famous research professor of economics at University of Missouri, Kansas City explains what the conflict is actually all about.
"The object is the same as that of military conquest: appropriation of land and basic infrastructure, and the rents that can be extracted as tribute," he writes. "In today’s world this is taken mainly in the form of debt service and privatization. That is how neoliberalism works, subduing economies by indebting their governments and using unpayably high debts as a lever to pry away the public domain at distress prices."
"It is what today’s New Cold War is all about. Backed by the IMF and European Central Bank (ECB) as knee-breakers in what has become in effect a financial extension of NATO, the aim is for US and allied investors to appropriate the plums that kleptocrats have taken from the public domain of Russia, Ukraine and other post-Soviet economies in these countries, as well as whatever assets remain."
"The Western leaders have left Ukraine looking like a Northern Hemisphere Nigeria. Real wages plunged by more than 75 percent from their 1991 level wages already by 1998 and have stagnated ever since. This 'cheap labor' makes Ukraine appealing to European investors, who now are making their own move to obtain what Ukraine’s oligarchs have grabitized," the professor writes. "The West has made it clear that it will help these individuals convert their takings into cash and move it safely into Western banks, luxury properties and other nouveau riches assets."
"From a military vantage point, the New Cold War aims to prevent revenue from these privatized assets from being used to rebuild, re-industrialize, and hence potentially to re-militarize the Russian and Near Abroad economies. This is why US strategists have moved to pry Ukraine out of the Russian orbit. The dream is to achieve the Cold War’s coup de grace along the lines outlined by Zbigniew Brzezinski in his 1997 Grand Chessboard: 'Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire. The aim is to break as much of Ukraine as possible out of the Russian orbit and to draw it into the West, and into NATO itself.'"
The writers elaborate on how the US manages to achieve this.
‘Reverse Blame is Defining Psych Op of the US War Party and Always the US Geostrategic Game.’
"It is true that Ukraine—the biggest country and bread basket of Europe-has now been pried wide open for transnational Western banks, agribusiness, Big Oil and NATO to feed on. And it is true that all talk of 'land grab' has been projected onto Russia even as US Greystone and Blackwater mercenaries — now called 'Academi' in the Big Lie lexicon—move on the ground in Ukraine as the US and NATO propagate ever more threats of force and embargo against 'Russia’s aggression,'" John McMurtry, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at the University of Guelph, Canada, writes in his chapter "The Ukraine crisis: decoding its deep structural meaning."
* "German Lawmakers Claim Ukraine Conflict Covers Up Massive Cropland Seizures" (2015-02-06) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150206/1017847475.html] [https://archive.today/Lc8vF]
* The "Epic" Ukrainian Victory [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimrNj5RVtY]
* The story of Ukrainian Crisis [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQT6xUAzYDM]
Ukrainian crisis news
2015-02-19 "Ukrainian Democracy Strike Back, Fear and Loathing in Kiev" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=009EB8AbzzU]
* "Yanukovych Claims Ideas of Returning to Ukraine 'Constantly' on His Mind" (2015-02-21) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150221/1018570594.html] [https://archive.today/3zWQ7]
* "Poroshenko Signs Law Allowing in Absentia Trial of Ex-President Yanukovych" (2014-10-21) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20141021/194390906.html] [https://archive.today/7hCyO]
* " 'You are killing your own people'--cuts to health care leave Ukrainans to die" (2015-02-20) [https://archive.today/o0XD3]
Currently, Ukrainians pay 1,089 hryvnia for one cubic meter of gas, but starting April 1, people will have to shell out 4,138 hryvnia for the same amount of gas.
* "No Time for Laughter: Gas Prices in Ukraine to Increase Fourfold on April 1" (2015-02-21) [http://sputniknews.com/business/20150221/1018580786.html] [https://archive.today/618mr]
Four out of five office workers in Ukraine are considering emigration. The data of the poll conducted by international personnel portal HeadHunter testify to the fact. According to the poll 83 per cent of office workers are considering emigration. Most of those who are ready to leave the country work in oil and gas sector - every second worker of the branch has serious intentions to emigrate. The second place is occupied by health sphere workers - 38 per cent of them are intending to leave for good. They are followed by the workers of energy producing sector, metallurgy and industrial workers - 37 and 45 per cent respectively.
On Tuesday, Ukrainian television channel Ukraina announced that with the new exchange rate, the minimum wage in Ukraine stands at around $42.90 per month, which according to the channel, is lower than in Ghana or Zambia. There are currently no plans to raise the minimum wage until December.
* "Ukrainian Currency Plunges After Capital Controls, Minimum Wage Below Ghana" (2015-02-25) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150225/1018727638.html] [https://archive.today/MokND]
* "There is a consumer panic all over the country because of collapse in hryvna: people snap up grocery and hygiene product" photos (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/YdwnX]
* "Poroshenko's riot police attacks 'Financial Maidan' 26/02/15" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpkhqFEUYD4]
26th February 2015, city Kiev, failed state Ukraine
Today in the Kiev near building of city administration was 3rd protest against economical politic of city authorities. Protesters blocked traffic and demanded the resignation of Klitschko. Vitaliy Klitschko told to the journalists that these protesters are terrorists.
Near building of Kiev City State Administration has launched a campaign "March of white handkerchiefs." Activists are protesting against the increase of tickets prices in public transport. Protesters almost completely blocked vehicular traffic on str. Kreschatik near the building of the KSCA. At the same time near the mayor's office has launched a campaign, which involves about a thousand people. People holding flags with the inscription "Peace, justice." They demanded the resignation of Vitaliy Klitschko, the mayor of Kiev.
Participants of the action "March of white handkerchiefs" were from two categories of people: the vast majority - pensioners, about 100 people - young people aged between 14 and 18 years.
About 30 cars of protesters with yellow flags "Peace, Justice" blocked traffic, leaving open only one lane on the road. At the same time they open the hood, as if their cars were broken.
Kiev mayor Vitaly Klitschko has compared these protests and block of road traffic in front of the Kiev City State Administration to the terrorist attacks in Kharkov and Odessa.
"They are people who aren't interested in returning to peaceful life in Ukraine, who aren't interested in the success of our state, so they don't abandon their attempts to undermine the situation not only in the East of Ukraine, but also in other cities. The terrorist attack in Kharkov, explosions in Odessa, blocking traffic in the capital [Kiev] and other provocation aimed at one thing - to destabilize the country, "- said Klitschko.
Independent journalists report that part of people protested today for money, 50 UAN or 1,5 USD earned part of protesters today. I want to remind that in Maidan people got about 200 UAN or 24 USD as minimal payment for day of protest. Because economical situation became much worse, protesters cost less than before.
* "Search for 8,000 Draft Evaders Unleashed in Ukraine’s Western Region":
Many of the targeted men in Ivano-Frankivsk region have left for abroad or are refusing draft notifications. Authorities in Ukraine’s south-western Ivano-Frankivsk region have opened a search for about 8,000 men who are evading conscription for military service as part of the government’s wave of mobilization, the Vesti news portal said on Tuesday.
Yuri Veranovsky, a deputy military commissar of the Ivano-Frankivsk regional military board told reporters the majority of those on the ‘wanted list’ were absent from the places of their official permanent residence, while the mayors of rural communities refused to assist the workers of military boards in handing the call-up notifications to the designated population.
Local military commissars say many of the men, who were be drafted, had left for other countries while and others were hiding out in private households that refused to let anyone in.
Ukrainian legislation specifies punishment for evasion of military service. Any evader can be imprisoned for a period of up to five years.
In 2015, the Ukrainian Armed Forces hope to draft up to 200,000 conscripts as part of the fourth, fifth, and sixth waves of mobilization. Also, about 40,000 men should be drafted for regular military service.
* "Ukrainians Escape From Mobilization by Obtaining Hungarian Citizenship" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150227/1018860579.html] [https://archive.today/jP2ZL]
* "US Companies Sell Arms to Ukraine to Solve Financial Problems – Official" (2015-02-21) [http://sputniknews.com/military/20150225/1018757257.html] [https://archive.today/Tqilr]
* "US to Send Arms to Ukraine Using Private Contractors - Hacker Group" (2015-02-28) [http://sputniknews.com/military/20150228/1018889209.html] [https://archive.today/VLSSn]
* "DPR: USA has already started arms supply to Ukraine, Pentagon denies" (2015-02-24, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/VrV3x]
* "New evidence of Israel participation in Kiev junta warIsrael makes a profit by selling shells to Kiev junta" [https://archive.today/Ylfdq]
* "Spain's Neutrality Over Ukrainian Conflict Questioned" (2015-02-28) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150228/1018896803.html] [https://archive.today/NqAMP]
* "Arrested Spaniards Fought for Free Donbas - Anti-Fascist Committee" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150227/1018844598.html] [https://archive.today/sbk5j]
* "UAE is a Backdoor for US-NATO Weaponry Supplies to Kiev - Experts" (2015-02-28) [http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150228/1018899500.html] [https://archive.today/1Tm8U]
* "Ukrainians to Face Criminal Prosecution for Cooperation with Russian Media" (2015-02-26) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150226/1018813017.html] [https://archive.today/m3nUM]
23rd February 2015, city Kiev, fascist state Ukraine
Authors of anti mobilization posts in social networks could be jailed for 8 years in prison - SBU.
This is real Western freedom and democracy which came to Ukraine after "the revolution of dignity". These are restriction of freedom of speech, freedom of thought and conscience and restriction of the dissemination of information. As always, "democratic and civilized Western world" would to forgive this crime of Kiev junta, as they forgive a lot of other crimes.
"...Investigator from Security Service of Ukraine within 24 hours may open a criminal case against the author of anti mobilization post from any social network. This is stated in the response to the request of Korrespondent.net to the SBU [Security Service of Ukraine].
In particular, information on such offense investigator SBU can get from others members of social networks or find by itself "illegal" post on the Internet. In each case SBU shall to open criminal proceedings within 24 hours.
Post with anti mobilization character will be qualifed by Article 114-1 of the Penal Code (obstruction of the lawful activities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations in the special period), which provides for liability to imprisonment for a term from five to eight years."
Source, Kiev junta media [korrespondent.net/ukraine/3483005-avtoram-antymobylyzatsyonnykh-postov-hrozyt-vosem-let-tuirmy-sbu] [https://archive.today/mSpOw].
I want to remind Ukraine didn't declare war, so mobilization is illegal by laws of Ukraine, by Constitution. But Kiev junta, servant of West going to jail people, who dare to say one word against illegal action of Kiev junta. For sure, it is real western democracy.
Therefore, it is clear that the purpose of the Kiev junta is to destroy Ukraine's population, primarily men.
Photo for this publication was made at March 2014, it is General Directorate of Security Service of Ukraine in the city Kiev. As you see USA had control over SBU as well over whole Kiev junta. "Democracy" which we had now could be established in any country of Europe or USA against own citizens.
Ukrainian church oxymoron, Sviatoslav Shevchuk, the head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church said that words of Pope about civil war in Ukraine are propaganda. Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church supported the Nazi occupation and the Ukrainian nationalists like Bandera and others during WWII. The priests of the Greek Catholic Church blessed the Euromaidan (fascist coup) and its crimes, now they blessing the Kiev junta. Photo: Sviatoslav Shevchuk.
Quote of Kiev junta media [https://archive.today/cbyVR]:
"The patriarch, His Beatitude Sviatoslav Shevchuk expressed regret that the Pope Francis called the war in Ukraine 'fratricidal' [civil war] and said that the words of His Holiness 'recalled the Soviet propaganda'. During a press conference held in Rome on February 23, His Beatitude Sviatoslav Shevchuk said that words of Francis Pope that war in Ukraine is fratricidal, which Pope told during the general audience at February 4, were especially painful for the Ukrainian people, and recalled Soviet propaganda. Stressing that in the Ukraine isn't an internal civil conflict, but exist external aggression by Russia, the patriarch also expressed regret over the fact that during Francis's address to the bishops of the Ukraine at February 20 His Holiness didn't mentioned Russia, but only talked about 'severe conflict situation.' ".
Humor: Where's the "Russian Invasion"? [https://archive.today/PlI08]
* "Police established the circumstances of the explosion at school of city Ripkino in Ghernigiv region (PHOTOS)" (2014-02-21) translated with intro [https://archive.today/NwAhP], original in Ukrainian [https://archive.today/eMgnu] [begin excerpt]: Police officers found that to the Ripkinskiy secondary school number 2 local resident brought the gifts for the future museum. Among them was propelled antitank grenade launcher RPG-18. It was found that volunteer took ammunition from the territory of ATO [Anti Terrorist Operation] in Donetsk region, volunteer traveled to transfer food and equipment for Ukrainian soldiers. [end excerpt]
Ukrainian "patriotical" army of trolls is developed by... U.S.
Proof: [http://i-army.org] homepage archived 2015-02-28 [https://archive.today/RVPgv]
* "Ukraine recruits Internet army to fight Russian trolls" (2015-02-25) [http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/25/technology/ukraine-russia-internet-army/] [https://archive.today/wBCHy]
* Photos (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/eZoYl]: Activists of the “Right Sector” nazi movement have held the “March of Truth” in Kiev today. As always, the Ukrainian Nazis shouted “Ukraine above all else!”, “Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!”, “Glory to the nation! Death to enemies!”, “Who owns Ukraine? Ukrainians!”, “Who owns Kiev? Ukrainians!”, “One united, great Ukraine!”, “One race! One nation! One Motherland! This is Ukraine!”, “Heroes don’t die!” and their other favourite slogans.
The “Right Sector” stated that they are dissatisfied with the work of Petro Poroshenko and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. They made several demands of the Ukrainian government, including the introduction of a better system of lustration, the introduction of martial law, the legalization of the volunteer battalions and an active response to corruption within the government.
“We’ve waited for a year. We gave the government a chance, we believed that it would change. But nothing changes. The government is corrupt, the country is ruled by oligarchs. The murderers of the ‘Heavenly Hundred Heroes of Maidan’ are not punished yet. The tragedy of Illovaisk has repeated in Debaltsevo. Poroshenko promised a good salary to the soldiers of the ATO, but no one is going to keep the promise. Our people give the last money for the ATO, and government hasn’t been able to clean up the mess in the country during the year. Shame!” – the “Right Sector” explaind the reasons for the “March of Truth”.
They also shouted “Clean up the mess, or go f*ck yourself!”
The “Right Sector” told the representative of the General Prosecutor of Ukraine that the 3rd Maidan wouldn’t take place, there will be shootings instead. They also threw Molotov cocktails at the building of the Prosecutor-General’s Office, saying that it was a warning signal.
* Photo showing a tank of pro-Kiev battalion "Azov".
* "Fascist-Bandera army of the junta made Debaltsevo the second Auschwitz" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBxJQrRndNs], through starvation, torture, and executions against ethnic Novorossiyans!
KIEV JUNTA HAS BANNED THE DEFENDER OF THE MOTHERLAND DAY.
The Defender of the Motherland Day is an anti-fascist holiday celebrated on February 23 in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and other former republics of the Soviet Union in honor of the sacrifices made to defeat the Nazis during World War 2. Yesterday, President Petro Poroshenko published the following message on his FB page [https://archive.today/5AI2z]: “You know, I’ve made a decision to proclaim the Defender of the Motherland Day not on February 23. We’ve chosen the Pokrova Virgin Mary feast celebrated on October 14. Our Cossack holiday. I understand that women will congratulate their husbands by longstanding habit and inertia. Here everyone is free to make own decision, but the Day of the 23rd of February has been deprived of state-political status now and for good. My wife and I agreed that she will not congratulate me on the 23rd of February, she will wait until the 14th of October. I think that others will follow our example.”
* (2015-02-23) Ordinary Fascism: A Police Captain from Kharkiv region was fired for congratulation ceremony of her fellow police officers that is customary for the now illegal Defender of the Motherland Day. Quote of Andrey Gerashchenko, Adviser to the Arsen Avakov, a confirmed pedophile and Minister of Internal Affairs of Kiev junta [https://archive.today/roYjZ]: "A woman, police captain, which was stupid enough to put in the room Kharkov regional police department congratulation with 23rd February with moronic the St. George ribbon, today dismissed by order of Anatoly Dmitriev, the head of the regional (Kharkiv) Department of MIA. When draw up documents for her dismissal, she wondered - why?! For her was explained: because of lack of patriotism and for the failure to understand that in Ukraine people are dying at the hands of other people, for whom the Colorado ribbon [insulting reference by Kiev junta for the St. George ribbon] is the favorite color of some group of people, and the signal for the gathering to horde. Imagine what would happen to an employee of any police anywhere near PO Khimki, if it come somewhere in the district put the Ukrainian yellow-and-blue symbolism."
(the post's author of Crimea writes) I do not know how it is in the Moscow suburbs, but we in the Crimea are more tolerant to people with yellow/blue flag than fascist Ukraine is to the people with the flag of Russia and the St. George ribbon, which is a symbol of the victory over fascism. Modern Ukrainian fascists hate this symbol. When police chief encourages such chaos, it means a lack of law in the failed state Ukraine.
* In Dnepropetrovsk city (2015-02-27) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rWdrDbI_cw]:
Thousands of unrecognized members of Kiev junta forces were buried in one of city cemeteries, hundreds of new pits were made in advance.
In one of city cemeteries were found burials unrecognized soldiers in large numbers. In addition, were found hundreds of new pits for burials. This video was recorded yesterday in the cemetery "Krasnopolskoye" of city Dnepropetrovsk. Author of video changed his voice in order don't allow SBU (Security Service of Kiev junta) to recognize him. On each plate is written: "Here have rest temporarily unrecognized defender of homeland, registry (number)". According to registry numbers which we see in the video in Krasnopolskoye city cemetery were buried up to 8 thousand of people.
The inscription on plates is hypocrisy and cynicism of the Israeli team of Dnepropetrovsk governor Igor Kolomoisky. Nobody going to recognize the individuals of buried soldiers or members of the fascist battalions, it is expensive. If they were buried without identification and without a name now, none from the current regime will not do it later, when the bodies will undergo decomposition.
Soon these wreaths and crosses will be taken for use on new funeral, and on these graves will be remain plates with numbers.
* "West search ways to kill Nadezhda Savchenko, unit commander from fascist battalion Aydar, who was captured at May 2014" (2015-02-27) [https://archive.today/m1CrG]
* "Dream of Ukrainian fascists about the "Great Ukraine" on corporate cups of Ukrainian company" (2015-03-04) [https://archive.today/q21IF]
* "Ukraine interferes into internal affairs of Israel" (2015-02-27):
The day of the extraordinary elections in Israel appointed for March 17 is approaching. The electoral campaign is in full swing. Strange as it may be, civil war in Ukraine has a direct impact upon the inner political processes in the Jewish state, claims the interlocutor of ИА REGNUM news agency, Israeli journalist Ravid Gor.
Certain MPs from the ruling party “Likud” have received significant subsidies from Ukraine for their electoral campaign. This was revealed by the Hebrew-language newspaper Haaretz. Nothing is known about any funds transfers from Russia.
With support of Ukrainian diplomats at least three movements or organizations had been established in Israel since February-March of the last year and they are actively functioning in the sphere of internal politics, attracting big masses of Russian-speaking citizens of Israel to their ranks. They are campaigning in the social networks, holding anti-Russian rallies, carrying out actions in support of Ukrainian Army and territorial battalions.
"Israel Supports Ukraine" movement (ISU) stands out for its fervent activity, as it holds public actions each tree or four weeks: manifestations in front of the Russian embassy, where they chant obscene rhymes in regard to Russia, raising funds for the ATO, blatant “peace marches”, in the course of which the slogans are cried out spewing hatred, barbecue parties, presentations and conferences. During such events the audience involved in them is pumped with hatred towards Russia, the Russians and the inhabitants of Donbass.
Large-scale diversified activity is being carried out all over the country, as it was already said, mainly with the help of ISU, but with the involvement of other organizations, for example, "Israeli friends of Ukraine" and extreme left NGО “Morashtenu”(Our Heritage), the leadership o which also is of anti-Russian and pro-Ukrainian convictions, although they are not equally significant.
The embassy of Ukraine has several Israeli “solo-entertainment” on the payroll, is coordinating their activity, and even gives them a lift whenever it is necessary in the cars with diplomatic plates. All the events are visited by the Ambassador Hennadiy Nadolenko himself or by another representative of the embassy.
Union of People's Republics of Novorossiya
For more info, visit [http://novorossiyasolidarity.blogspot.com/].
Its impossible for the Corporate media to believe that people can fight and die for something other than the free-market and endless consumerism. That's why they will always frame the Novorossiya independence movement as "Eastern Ukraine occupied by Putin's troops" [https://archive.today/17WkZ].
* "Most residents in DPR trust authorities, cannot imagine future as part of Ukraine" (2015-03-01) [http://tass.ru/en/world/780262] [https://archive.today/atb0J]
* " 'Russian spring': the struggle for democratic rights and social justice" (2015-02-28) [http://novorossia.today/russian-spring-the-struggle-for-democratic-rights-and-social-justice/] [https://archive.today/KMGc2]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 28. (27.) 02.2015 : [https://archive.today/r2Xa8]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 27. (26.) 02.2015 : [https://archive.today/ymsbu]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 26. (25.) 02. 2015 : [https://archive.today/Dz6MO]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 25. (24.) 02.2015 : [https://archive.today/upVTu]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 24. (23.) 02.2015 : [https://archive.today/Ekog0]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 23. (22.) 02. 2015 : [https://archive.today/Q0zF3]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 22. (21.) 02.2015 : [https://archive.today/LZhmp]
* DONBASS-INFORMATION : 21. (20.) 02.2015 : [https://archive.today/vNqZu]
* Novorossian state-building report (2015-02-27) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSh1JP9yxg]
* "The Rise of Donbass" (2015-02-24) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yHZ0P-JciQ]
* "Video about Novorossiya and its defenders, fighters against Evil Empire" (2015-02-21) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqtvJTgRy4]: Watch this video about courageous heroes, former civilians with no prior military training, average workers, some with PhD's, musicians, and economists, who take up arms to defend the homeland from the paid Fascists of the Evil Empire and its puppet leader in Kiev.
* "CNN: Militia acts as a state, and not as rebels in Debaltsevo" (2015-02-21):
CNN's Nick Paton Walsh said in his report [https://archive.today/M1QtE] that militiamen act "as a state", and not as a group of rebels in Debaltsevo. To this conclusion Walsh came after witnessing quickly organized by the militia handout of food to local residents. Citizens do not hide their anger towards Kiev authorities, says the journalist. "There are a lot of people here, although Kiev claimed there was no population in Debaltsevo", complains local resident Zoya. Another local resident, Lyudmila, survivor of WWII, says that the situation was even worse in Debaltsevo. One of the militiamen showed Walsh a helmet with Nazi symbols, which, in his opinion, was the evidence that they opposed Nazis, and not poorly armed recruits. In addition, the journalist of CNN witnessed the attack on the militia in the already captured Debaltsevo. "The fire has not ended, " he notes. Walsh emphasizes that the damage to the city can accurately prove how fierce was the opposition and how heavy the losses suffered by the Ukrainian military. Be reminded that Russian humanitarian aid was delivered to Debaltsevo yesterday. On February 18, Debaltsevo entirely got under control of the militia of the Donetsk People's Republic after months of fierce fighting.
* "Aftermath of Ukrainian nazi occupation in Chernukhino" photos (2015-02-21) [https://archive.today/cTl7q]
* (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/K6awJ]: DРR restoration efforts are underway in war-torn Uglegorsk Fire station in Uglegorsk restarted its operation, the press Emergency Service reports.
“Many residents can’t come back into their home: there are still unexploded shells in. Our rescuers are retrieving explosive objects and defusing them. Our station building was damaged after combat operations in the town, there were 8 hits into it. We replaced broken glasses in windows with polyethylene film, mended holes in the walls and started our operation as a fire station”, said a representative of the DPR Emergency Service.
For today, the station staff in Uglegorsk executes some urgent work on repairing public utilities, emergency elimination, evacuation civilians. The Emergency Service department provides residents of the town with medical care and food. Also a fire-extinguishing tanker, tents, mobile inter-communicators, electric generators are already delivered in the town for restoration works.
* (2015-02-26) photos [https://archive.today/DuLXI], article in Russian [https://archive.today/Lm5Ib]: More than 5,000 social infrastructure objects and dwelling houses are destroyed in the aftermath of the warfare, reports the minister of housing and communal building and services of the DPR Vasiliy Rassadnikov. According to him, the top priority objects for restoration are schools, hospitals, pre-schools, water and heat supply.
Now 140 objects are fully restored, 46 ones are the subject of restoration efforts underway
Minister said also about an agreement reached with Russian Federation about financing of apartment houses’ restoration.
Donetsk, Novorossia, Feb 27 [https://archive.today/CekJ6]:
Donetsk People’s Republic is creating a Donbass’s Civil Emergency University, by the Donetsk National Engineering University and the DPR Emergency Service in cooperation.
The main task of this new institution of higher education is training of Emergency rescuers for repairing and renovation of the municipal and industrial infrastructure in Donbass.
Intake of students is going to start in the summer, with a wide variety of special subjects.
* Maslenitsa, known as Butter, Crepe or Pancake Week, is a traditional Slavic festival rooted in ancient pagan customs. Celebrating Maslenitsa, people see the winter off and welcome the spring.
* (2015-02-22) photos [https://archive.today/XO7CD], [https://archive.today/i9kbA]
* "Maslenitsa celebration in Donetsk 22/02/2015" (63 photos) [https://archive.today/HK3XD]
* "Makeyevka celebrates Maslenitsa" (2015-02-22) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB2R552tsy0]: Maslenitsa celebration and a food fair took place in Makeyevka on the 22nd of February, 2015.
* "Ball-room dances and sport dances championship is being held in the republic" (2015-03-01, Nvorossia.today) [https://archive.today/8R3oV]
* "DPR: Distant teaching regime has been preserved in 62 schools of the Republic" (2015-03-01, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/Lj20X]
* "The party that supports the DPR and LPR appeared in Poland" (2015-02-26, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/ovYzk]
* "Kyiv sent a protest note to Berlin because of the meeting of German left MPs with Head of the DPR Zakharchenko in Donetsk" (2015-02-21):
Embassy of Ukraine in Berlin sent a protest note to the German Foreign Ministry denouncing the meeting of two German MPs Wolfgang Gehrcke und Andrej Hunko with the leader of the DPR Aleksander Zakharchenko.
“In this way we express our concern that in the course of the ostensibly humanitarian action German MPs from the Left Party demonstrated support to terrorists,” – said Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk, according to German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel.
The Ambassador criticized the fact that the MPs arrived to the DPR from Russia.
“Both MPs violated our laws by their visit”, – said Melnyk.
He remarked that foreigners were not allowed to cross the border areas not controlled by the Ukrainian side. Therefore, the German MPs can face the ban on the entry to Ukraine.
Representatives of the opposition Left Party in Bundestag Wolfgang Gehrcke and Andrej Hunko arrived to Donetsk together with Russain Communist MP Vladimir Bessonov from the Rostov region of the Russian Federation last week.
They brought humanitarian aid (medicines) to hospitals.
* "Kiev blocks food supplies to Donbass" (2015-02-25, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/rDXBp]
* "60 free canteens are opened in the DPR" (2015-03-01, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/vnoMc], with intial funding in-part by [Yell.ru] [archive.today/niIJ3] social-media network: 60 free social canteens are opened in the DPR and free nutrition will be provided for teachers and lecturers. More than 60 canteens for socially unprotected categories of population and refugees are opened on the base of educational institutions of the DPR. The system and quality of nutrition organization for pupils and student will be undeformed. It was reported the Education and Science Minister of the DPR Igor Kostenok. ‘Those people who have been accommodated in Donetsk, they will be provided with free nutrition’. Igor Kostenok told that pupils of 1-4 forms of the DPR are fed free of charge. Such nutrition has been arranged in the range of educational institutions for all age categories of pupils and students. Student orphans and disabled students are also fed in universities of the DPR. In regard to the words of Education and Science Ministry of the DPR, the Committee of People’s Council concerning education, science, culture is initiating the arrangement of free nutrition for teachers and lecturers.
Gorlovka, Donetsk Republic, March 3 [https://archive.today/gMESs]:
Fans of Russian football clubs granted a mobile bakery to the town of Gorlovka.
The bakery operates round-the-clock producing 3500 loaves of bread. The lesser part of bread is delivered for militiamen, the rest is distributed for residents of the town for free.
* "Humanitarian aid for Pervomaysk" (2015-02-28, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/PuG3J]
They did not hide they happiness that 8 social canteens will get quality Moscow products, and aged people will get all necessary medicines. Kirill Belyanchikov helped to buy all medicines. There are volunteers Galina Sozanchyuk and Alexey from Krasnodon at the photo. Thankfully to his help, they were able to bring 5 tons of humanitarian aid with no losses. Alesya Klimchuk and other members of our humanitarian battalion collected packed the aid perfectly well.
* "A Child care centre got delivery of humanitarian aid from Odessa" (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/cYIGl]:
The press-centre of the DPR reports that humanitarian aid from residents of Odessa was delivered to a child care centre located in the Kalininskiy district.
Among the aid that was delivered was medicines, health aids, children nutrition, and fermented milk products. The aid was delivered personally by the chairman of the administration of the Union of veterans of Afghanistan from Odessa Konstantin Oborin.
According to the words of Konstantin Viktorovich, it is the 5th delivery of humanitarian aid to Donbass. ‘I cannot be indifferent when the war destroys everything, damages destinies. The entire movement called on residents of Odessa for to help the children of Donbass.
* Video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XutZLHbk_4U]
5th March 2015, city Debaltsevo, Donetsk republic,
Rebuilding the city Debaltsevo after fleeing of Ukrainian fascists and mercenaries continues.
To this date Debaltsevo Central Hospital was renovated almost entirely. You see the hospital in the first minutes of video. In the departments of the hospital are now the equipment that personell managed to maintain despite the shelling and looting by Ukrainian fascists. The hospital began to take its first patients, due to the fact that the residents sat in cold basements they got respiratory disease, Grandma, whom you see in the video, is ill with bronchitis.
Next you see the central electric substation, it supplies by electricity the entire city Debaltsevo. Power supply was restored for vital infrastructure, repair works continues
Representative of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Donetsk Republic said that more than 80% of the city's infrastructure was destroyed.
Workers and specialists working seven days a week, the city Debaltsevo will be restored soon.
* (2015-02-28) [https://archive.today/WtHoX]: On the 26th of February, Russian plane brought to Moscow 5 children of the Donetsk People’s Republic and 4 children of the Lugansk People’s Republic. All of them are in need of urgent medical care. The Russian doctors are their only hope, as there are no necessary medicines and equipment in Donbass.
Russian children’s rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said that next group of wounded Donbass children would arrive in Moscow next week.
What a great man he is! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDPhKMGvlSU]
Russia: MMA master Jeff Monson donates his pay to the children of Donbass
Renowned American mixed martial artist Jeff 'The Snowman' Monson, donated his paycheque to the people of Donbass in Moscow, Saturday.
* (2015-02-22) [https://archive.today/ncBdV]: A cold winter in Novorossia has gotten a bit more controllable today, with Gazprom announcing that the company will be shipping 12 million cubic meters of gas per day into Donetsk and Luhansk.
* "Human kindness and sympathy from Europe to Donbass" (2015-02-20) [http://slavyangrad.org/2015/02/20/kindness-and-sympathy-from-europe-to-donbass/] [https://archive.today/iYqeX]
* Source [http://dnr-online.ru/news/deti-iz-doneckoj-narodnoj-respubliki-priexali-na-otdyx-v-abxaziyu/]:
On the 28th of February, orphans of the Donetsk People’s Republic arrived in Abkhazia. They were placed in a modern 17-storey hotel located by the sea.
According to children, it’s calm and quiet in Abkhazia, and, most importantly, they are not scared and don’t hear the sounds of artillery. Kids are enjoying the beauty of the Abkhazian mountains and wonderful views of the Black sea. Most of them have seen how mandarins grow and mimosa blooms for the first time. Kids are going to visit all the significant places of Abkhazia. Besides, they will go to Gagry for the hydropathic treatment. The President of Abkhazia Raul Khajimba is going to visit the kids soon.
* "Russian humanitarian aid delivered to Debaltsevo" (2015-02-21) [https://archive.today/96YpZ]:
Russia’s humanitarian aid has reached the town Debaltsevo in eastern Ukraine, a spokesman for the recovery management centre of Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) reported on Friday.
“First trucks with humanitarian loads brought by the Russian emergencies ministry’s convoy have arrived in Debaltsevo. The trucks are now being unloaded,” the spokesman said, adding that the humanitarian cargoes included foodstuffs so badly needed by Debaltsevo’s residents.
Russia’s humanitarian aid was also delivered in the settlement of Chernukhino in the Lugansk region. Thirty trucks of the Russian Emergencies Ministry on Friday delivered more than 200 tons of humanitarian aid, primarily food products and baby foods, to Donetsk and Lughansk. The trucks have already returned to Russia’s southern Rostov region.- Novorossia Today
* Gorlovka, Donetsk Republic (2015-02-20) photos [https://archive.today/cQTyC], source in Russian [https://archive.today/9IUwx]: A children's hospital in Gorlovka received medicine from the Left Party's deputies of German Bundestag. The hospital is in need of medicine because of their shortage in the town. Available range of drugs is very scant now. The hospital’s employees thank German deputies for their aid.
* (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/5zGo0]: Donetsk Center of social services for families, children and youth has been handed over humanitarian aid from the residents of Odessa today. The aid was brought by the chairman of the Union of veterans of Afghanistan Konstantin Oborin. The aid includes medicines, children’s clothes, diapers, infant food, and other necessary things for the Donbass children.
* "Saint Petersburg provided humanitarian aid to the Donetsk animal shelter" (2015-02-25) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsjspblfkPY]: The friendly association of Novorossiya in St. Petersburg has provided the Donetsk animal shelter with pet food, medicines and other stuff.
* "Abkhazia is ready to take 30 children orphans for rehabilitation" (2015-02-27, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/JYEVU]
* South Front 2 is launching a new "Notice Board" service for our readers and supporters.
Solidarity groups or individuals wishing to send greetings and showing their support for the People of Novorossia, or protesting against the Kiev fascist regime can send photographs with date and place of the event to https://www.facebook.com/SouthFrontEnTwo for publication on our news page.
If you are planning an event to show solidarity with the People of Novorossia or planning a protest against Kiev regime and would like to advertise the upcoming event to supporters, you can send it by message to https://www.facebook.com/SouthFrontEnTwo and we will publish it on our "Notice Board" list of upcoming events.
Mainstream Western Corporate media outlets are ignoring and distorting what is happening in Novorossia, so independent media like South Front 2 are an important way of getting the truth to the World.
It is important for supporters of Novorossia and its people to show their support, and it is equally as important for media like South Front 2 to let the World know the truth.
You can send your photos to https://www.facebook.com/SouthFrontEnTwo by message to our news page.
A defeat for U.S./NATO-backed fascists in Ukraine
The independent people’s republics of Novorossiya celebrated an historic victory of the anti-fascist people’s militias over U.S.-backed Ukrainian military forces near the railroad hub town of Debaltsevo on the shared border of Donetsk and Lugansk in the Donbass region.
Thousands poured into Donetsk city’s central square on Feb. 23 under the statue of Soviet leader V.I. Lenin to mark their second decisive military victory over Ukraine’s vastly larger, better equipped forces in less than a year.
At the same time, Donetsk Prime Minister Aleksandr Zakharchenko cautioned that the Kiev junta of oligarchs, neo-liberal politicians and fascists was marshalling for a new offensive, perhaps as soon as late March. (RIA, Feb. 23)
Democrats and Republicans in Washington continue pushing to send $3.5 million in heavy weaponry to continue Kiev’s bloody war. According to the United Nations, 5,700 people have died in fighting since Ukraine attacked last April.
How did the victory come about? Read more: http://bit.ly/1zHsIoI
* "Motorolla adresses to men refugees from Donbass" (2015-02-24, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/Upg2Q], video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E13-Uf7Aes]: The commander of the DPR intelligence subdivision and of Sparta battalion calls on men who are of Donbass to protect their Motherland. He is sure that men must not not leave their land, and, they have to protect it. "There were no hesitations about origin of militias if men from Donbass would not move to Russia and Belorussia. Some people insist that foreigners fight for the DPR. It is the result of mass migration. It is shame for men to leave houses, native cities", said Motorolla.
* "United Armed Forces of Novorossiya near the city of Starobeshevo" (2015-02-25, AFP photo) [https://archive.today/HQdFO]
* "Flags of the DPR will be hoisted upon Elbrus and Pamir" (2015-02-23, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/B4zIl].
Mount Elbrus (photo) is a dormant volcano located in the western Caucasus mountains, in Kabardino-Balkaria and Karachay–Cherkessia of Russia, near the border with Georgia. Its peak is the highest in the Caucasus and in Europe, ranking tenth globally.
Pamir Knot mountain region is the among the central points of all mountain ranges in Eurasia and the Americas, with peaks like Victory (Pobeda) peak (24,406 ft.) and Lenin peak (23,405 ft.) in the Republic of Kyrgyzstan whch are among the highest in the world.
* DPR celebrates the "Day of Defender" February 23, 2015 (photos) [https://archive.today/N4MuI], (54 photos) [https://archive.today/YE4NN].
* "Head of the DPR Zakharchenko congratulated the nation on the occasion of the Day of Defender of Fatherland" (2015-02-23) video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgpsXFMU6B4], article [http://novorossia.today/head-of-the-dpr-zakharchenko-congratulated-the-nation-on-the-occasion-of-the-day-of-defender-of-fatherland/] [https://archive.today/PqiAT]
* "Givi on the Defender of the Fatherland rally in Donetsk" video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbLOSBC9eE], photo [https://archive.today/GyH4O]
* "Motorola and Givi have been awarded with the highest Order of the DPR - 'Star of the Hero' " photos (2015-02-23) photos [https://archive.today/8Zj73], video [http://youtu.be/qeS2tfaMy4Q].
* NAF commanders Givi & Motorola greet Novorossiya forces on Defender of the Fatherland day [http://lifenews.ru/news/150283] [https://archive.today/Q5wxu].
Thousands celebrated Defenders Day in Donetsk [https://archive.today/A3S1u]. Cheer is in the air. The ceasefire a breath of fresh air for battered People of Novorossiya. The scene at Lenin Square in central Donetsk has red flags, rebel fighters, music and speeches. At Donetsk, they keep the Red Flag flying here on Patriots' Day! During ceremony it is announced the NAF is repelling Azov attacks at Shyrokine near Mariupol.
* "US-backed Kiev troops have fled from settlements Pavlopol and Pishevik of Mariupol sector" (photos 2015-02-24) [https://archive.today/rlEUw]
* "Parade of People's Army of Donbass in Rovnenkoe" photos (2015-02-24) [https://archive.today/kHufN]
* "Novorossiyas "Sparta" battalion in Donetsk" photo (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/Se4jE]
* "Novorossiyas "Sparta" battalion" photo [https://archive.today/1C1pT]
* "Novorossiyas "Vostok" battalion in Donetsk" (2015-02-27) video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plpylzo8Uss] photo [https://archive.today/6eSkE]
* "Battalion Vostok in Donetsk" photos (2015-02-23) [https://archive.today/K15bW]
* 19-year-old Katya and Anna are fighting for DPR since last October (2015-02-27) [https://archive.today/sVmU6]
* Female NAF soldier Yulia Kharlamova at the frontlines with RPG-7 / PG-7VL anti-tank rocket-propelled grenade launcher. (2015-02-19) [https://archive.today/VJutc]
* NAF Volunteer Yulia Kharlamova [https://archive.today/b5eyZ]
* Greetings from a Serbian girl fighting in the armed forces of Novorossia against fascists. (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/oRMKI]
* Photo: Commander of Serbian volunteers of Novorossian forces Bratislav Jivkovich [https://archive.today/N9Jl9]
* Alfonso and "Texas", internationalist volunteers in Vostok Brigade (2015-02-24) [https://archive.today/ZMI5J]
* Humor: "Novorossian fighter has captured military equipment which Kiev bought from UAE" (2015-02-26) [https://archive.today/uHWOi]
* Unit "Orla" of NAF "Batman" battalion in February 2015 Novorossiya (2015-02-19) [https://archive.today/LUkuY]
* "Alexey Markov: Story of a Death" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGoVeEfDvJs]
* Volunteer "Vaha" is source of pro-Kiev soldiers' fears about Russian Buryat spetsnaz in Novorossian forces. (2015-02-24) [https://archive.today/SCzOv]
* photo [https://archive.today/u6bwx]: Title "Hero of the DNR" Medal and "Star of the Hero of the DNR" posthumously awarded the Commander of the T-72 No.312 1st Tank Company Tank Battalion 1st Motorized Rifle "Slavic" brigade Zakharchuk Vitaly A., 1981 g, a former electrician from Komsomolsk Starobeshevskiy district.
* Memorial to the fallen defenders of the Lugansk People’s Republic, photos (2015-02-23) [https://archive.today/sUXdC]
* "NAF Army of Lugansk Peoples Republic fighting against pro-US troops of Ukrainian Junta in Chernukhin" photos (2015-02-19) [https://archive.today/rdlxP]
* "LPR commanders have been awarded with the Orders “For Valour” of the 1st and 2nd class for the defense and liberation of the Lugansk People’s Republic" (2015-02-28) photos [https://archive.today/NYzsZ]
Media expert Anatoliy Shariy "puzzled" about info about arrest of "Kharkov partizans"
* (2015-02-25) [https://archive.today/WOWUz]: The Ukrainian army shelled a column of cars of the DPR Defence Ministry with an anti-aircraft mount from the direction of the air terminal’s radar station. There is no information on victims yet.
The DPR Defence Ministry Vladimir Kononov was also riding in the motorcade. “Everything is fine with the Minister. He was not injured. He was riding an armoured personnel carrier,” DPR Defense Ministry told the Donetsk News Agency.
* "Donetsk is being subjected to the shelling of Ukrainian punitives simultaneously from 3 sides" (2015-02-20, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/ka5fP] [begin excerpt]: Donetsk being subjected to shelling from Ukrainian forces. The Ukrainian Army is exacting revenge on the citizens of Donetsk for Kiev's shame in the entrapment of Debaltsevo. The operative situation was not improved in Donetsk yesterday evening, 19th February. The battles using small-arms weapons, mortars, artillery went on near the Donetsk airport. The Ukrainian Army decided to take revenge for their shameful defeat in Debaltsevo and started striking at the peaceful civilian population of the city from 3 directions simultaneously. [end excerpt]
* (2015-02-21) [https://archive.today/hzQLz]: The Donetsk People's Republic will swap prisoners with Kiev on Saturday, a DPR official said, adding that Ukrainian soldiers' bodies will be handed over as well. A prisoner exchange will take place in the city of Luhansk in the "35-for-37" format later on Saturday, the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) ombudsperson said. "We will hand over 35 people, while the Ukraine [will give back] 35-37," Daria Morozova said, adding that "almost all officer corps" will be handed over to Ukrainian authorities.
* 21st of February, 2015. Novorossiya.
At about 20:30 the authorities of Novorossiya and Kiev junta have exchanged prisoners of war in the area of Kolobok (Lugansk People’s Republic). The DPR representatives handed over 37 servicemen, the LPR representatives handed over 103. The Ukrainian side handed over 36 people to the DPR, and 18 to the LPR. During the swap, one of the Ukrainian soldiers refused to be exchanged and decided to stay in the Donetsk People’s Republic.
It is worthy of note that the Kiev junta handed over mostly civilians, including women. The number of the Novorossiya fighters was less than 50%. People are in a bad condition, many of them are wounded, exhausted with signs of torture and beatings. Some people couldn’t walk. The Ukrainian soldiers feel well.
* NAF vs. UAF Commander Size-up [https://archive.today/lUyX9], yes, Porky's Pig really does look like that, unfortunately [https://archive.today/JG4oz], but it's how he sees himself inside that truly matters (Caution! 21+ only) [https://archive.today/pwfaQ]!
* (2015-02-23, Donetsk news agency) [https://archive.today/cnVdx]: The army of the Donetsk People’s Republic lost a little more than 30 people during the fights for Debaltsevo, Alexander Zakharchenko told the journalists on the 23rd of February. According to him, there are around 500 Ukrainian soldiers hiding in the area of Debaltsevo as a part of different separate groups of the Ukrainian army. “We are still taking them out from basements, they are almost frost-bitten. We provide them with the necessary medical care. Around 500 of the Ukrainian soldiers left there,” he added. The losses of the Ukrainian army in the Debaltsevo cauldron are estimated at around 3000-3500 killed people.
* "Authorities of the DPR and LPR provides the access to Debaltsevo for the OSCE on Sunday" (2015-02-21, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/ZjQ1X]
* Civilians near Debaltsevo, tortured and killed by Ukrainian forces: "Dead Civilians by Debaltsevo – A Strange Story" [http://thetruthspeaker.co/2015/02/26/18-dead-civilians-by-debaltsevo-a-strange-story/] [https://archive.today/EgHXI]: Debaltsevo was liberated by NAF forces on February 19th. By Debaltsevo, the village of Chernukhin, liberated at the same time. And a disturbing sight, NAF forces had found Ukrainian bodies left in the base they had recently left. They’d also found dead civilians there too. The civilians showed clear signs of torture, there were different reports on what had befallen them –
- Pro-Russian civilians taken into captivity by Ukrainians, tortured then killed as the Ukrainians fled
- Ukrainian civilian ‘helpers’, killed by the Ukrainians before they fled"
* (2015-02-19) [https://archive.today/0P5b8]:
BEFORE: EU financed pro-US forces of Ukrainian "AZOV" battalion with their battle flags during their campaign against DNR near Mariupol in February 2015
AFTER: Novorossiya Armed Forces captured one of the battle flags of pro-US Ukrainian forces near Mariupol in February 2015
* (2015-02-20) [https://archive.today/YHeey]: The landscape of the outskirts of Debaltsevo speaks for itself. The Ukrainian armed forces were running in panic leaving weapons, transport and their personal belongings behind. A German fascist helmet was found among them, it was spotted in officer quarters occupied by Chernigov squadron 13.
* "United Armed Forces of Novorossiya with armored vehicle in the center of Debaltsevo" (2015-02-23, AP newswire photo) [https://archive.today/9Z4Yx]
* Novorossian fighters and their trophy's in the Debaltsevo sector (2015-02-23) [https://archive.today/MmXic]
* (2015-02-23) United Armed Forces of Novorossiya transports trophies from Debaltsevo, photos [https://archive.today/W3Bj7]
* Novorossiya Armes Forces with captured UAF armor in Debaltsevo (2015-02-22) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4XGMAXusg]
* (2015-02-23) Abandoned Tank near Debaltsevo needs a makeover. Video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_epiBJ6BI]
* United Armed Forces of Novorossiya transports abandoned, captured and damaged tanks of Ukrainian forces near Artemivsk and Debaltsevo to NAF repair facilities in Donetsk and Lugansk, (2015-02-22) photo [https://archive.today/QSVFf]. Also see photos [https://archive.today/faRZy] [https://archive.today/HcfuE]
* "Vehicle of Ukrainian forces, before and after captured by United Armed Forces of Novorossiya" photo [https://archive.today/q9DuI]
* (2015-02-23) United Armed Forces of Novorossiya exploring abandoned positions of Ukrainian forces near Debaltsevo. Video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_epiBJ6BI], photo [https://archive.today/KHUsw].
* (2015-02-23) video: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5VXpH0jeZw]: Military equipment for free, United Armed Forces of Novorossiya found a large number of useful trophies of Ukrainian forces near Debaltsevo, and a useful armored trophy vehicle to transport them. Photos [https://archive.today/z8OxX].
* "Destroyed and abandoned position of Ukrainian forces in Debaltsevo" video (2015-02-24) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PvyhFhoxWc] [https://archive.today/PcJeI]
* UAV quadcopter footage of abandoned and destroyed armor of Ukrainian forces in Debaltsevo.
Video: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmRoOqOEYs], photos [https://archive.today/s8Uxs].
* (2015-02-24) Ukrainian forces, Before and After Debaltsevo, photo [https://archive.today/F4h4F]
* List of captured military equipment at Debaltsevo (2015-02-25):
Kiev junta and its masters are real weapon suppliers of Donetsk and Lugansk republics.
After the retreat of the army and the fascist battalions of Kiev junta from Debaltsevo cauldron, there were found following trophies without damage or with minor injury:
Tanks - 187 units;
APC of different types - 124;
Self-propelled artillery of different types - 68;
Cannons - 52;
MLRS of different types - 24;
Mortars of different types - 278;
Trucks - 139;
Command and office vehicles - 43;
Radars, vehicles for communication - 46; including Radar "LCMR-AN/TPQ - 48"
Firearms, ammunition, rations, first aid kits, night vision devices, etc. - in very large quantities.
Source of information - Head of Department of Information in Ministry of Defense of Donetsk republic. [https://www.facebook.com/VladBreeg/posts/896005050450425] [https://archive.today/bDXff]
* "Flag with the symbolic of marines of the USA was found among other trophies in Debaltsevo by NAF" (2015-03-02, Novorossiya.today) [https://archive.today/fF7uo]: Photo from the fighters of Armoured Forces of Novorossiya from the Debaltsevo direction. It seems that instructors from the marine of the USA fled from the entrapment together with Ukies’.
* "Militiamen of United Armed Forces of Novorossiya used captured equipment, possibly of US Army in Debaltsevo" video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmRoOqOEYs] (2015-02-23) US soldiers in Ukraine are disguised as Blackwater / Academi / Xe Services LLC mercenaries and combatants of Kievs punitive Nazi battalions "Azov", "Donbas" and Pravy Sektor battalions.
* (2015-02-23) Debaltsevo, Polish stuff in abandoned position of "Ukrainian" forces...
Video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_epiBJ6BI], photo [https://archive.today/KgHAx]
* "One more trophy taken by militiamen: shale gas production equipment made in USA"
Shishkovo, Lughansk People’s Republic, March 2
Video (Eng subtitle): [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4sk-WJAr4I]
After the UAF retreat, some special equipment was found near the village Shishkovo, LPR: several trailers for workers’ to live in, a diesel power station, and seismic investigation equipment. According to labels, the equipment has been certified in the USA, and now it belongs to the people of Donbass.
Locals recollect that there was a temporary camp of explorations personnel from the company “Ukraine Gas Production” at this field before. Kiev authorities had planned a shale gas production site here.
“That equipment was brought here in June, 2014, when Ukrainian tanks entered the town of Metallist. We guess Kiev planned a quick occupation of the whole Donbass and further shale gas production", a local resident Vladimir says.
As locals say, workers conducted their exploration until the National Guard left the village. Fighters took away their tanks and mortars, as well as a part of seismic investigations equipment but not all of it.
Please watch and share interview with commander of tank battalion from Armed Forces of Donetsk republic. He telling about himself, his battalion and about foreign weapon which foreign companies put on Ukrainian modified tanks. He is native from Donetsk region, served in time of USSR, more than 2 years ago he came to live and work in Russia. After begin of attack and shelling of city Slavyansk he back to Donetsk. His nickname is Pantsyr [Armor], he gave his life to Motherland, it is his last interview before death. Video have English subtitles made in Youtube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPU02yNhns]
The Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics see no need for peacekeepers to be sent to Donbass, LPR representative in the Contact Group Vladislav Deinego said.
(2015-02-22) [http://tass.ru/en/world/779093] [https://archive.today/64fno] [begin excerpt]:
"As regards peacekeepers, the situation is simple. We are capable of ensuring the security of our territories, we are capable of pulling out troops ourselves. For that, the OSCE, which will only watch us do that as a mediator, is enough for us," the Lugansk Information Center quoted Deinego as saying.
"We don’t need any additional levers that will in any way contribute to establishment of peace," he said. "Until we establish that peace on our own, no peacekeepers will help. This is our position and the position of Donetsk."
"I recently heard one more interesting position in that regard: Europe also assesses it in that manner. That if there is a need of peacekeepers, at first peace needs to be established, and then, maybe, a buffer zone," Deinego said.
In turn, DPR representative in the Contact Group Denis Pushilin stressed that the decision on possible establishment of a buffer zone should be made "in consultation with representatives of the republics."
"Peacekeepers are working in the zone where both sides asked to invite mediators if they failed to cope with the situation on their own. I think the situation is currently under our control," Deinego said.
* "The DPR’s Army invaded Pavlopol and Pischevik" (2015-02-25, Novorossia.today) [https://archive.today/PbXZn]: The militias of the DPR’s Army came into Pavlopol and Pischevik, these are the settlements in the southern front, near Mariupol. They were neutral earlier, and then the fighters of the punitive battalion Azov announced that they started attacking Novoazovsk, that they took Pavlopol, Shirokino and Kominternovo. Ukrainian occupants came into these settlements and hoisted their flags having used the sharpening situation in Debaltsevo. Ukrainian Mass Media presented this situation as a great victory, however, when the Army of Novorossia counterattacked Nazis fled.
Eurasian Union (EEU)
* "Russia calls for EU talks with newly born Eurasian Union" (2015-01-02) [https://euobserver.com/economic/127081] [https://archive.today/EQ9Ax]
* "China Proposing to Establish Free Trade Zone With Eurasian Economic Union" (2015-02-09) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150209/1017989809.html] [https://archive.today/4CXNw]
* "Egypt Reaches Free Trade Agreement With Eurasian Economic Union" (2015-02-10) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150210/1018051167.html] [https://archive.today/N1SBh]
* "Russia: Egypt Enters Eurasian Union Orbit" (2015-02-24) [http://registan.net/2015/02/24/russia-egypt-enters-eurasian-union-orbit/] [https://archive.today/lHzsg]
* "Kyrgyzstan: Entrepreneurs Face Eurasian Union Confusion" (2015-02-24) [http://www.eurasianet.org/node/72236] [https://archive.today/aw1oZ]
* "Key goal of cyber security in the Eurasian Economic Union member countries to form information sovereignty" (2015-02-27) [http://telecom.arka.am/en/news/telecom/key_goal_of_cyber_security_in_the_eurasian_economic_union_member_countries_to_form_information_sover/] [https://archive.today/3Ykgt]
* "Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Eurasian Union" (2015-02-11) [http://en.tengrinews.kz/politics_sub/Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan-and-Eurasian-Union-258935/] [https://archive.today/aeikD]
* "Mercosur Wants to Expand Cooperation With Eurasian Economic Union" (2015-02-06) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150206/1017862857.html] [https://archive.today/ID7Hw]
* "Iran Seeks Trade Agreement with Eurasian Union" (2015-02-06) [http://asbarez.com/131589/iran-seeks-trade-agreement-with-eurasian-union/] [https://archive.today/i0Nia]
* "Moscow confirms India considering free trade zone with Eurasian Economic Union" (2015-02-27) [http://rt.com/business/236235-india-eurasian-economic-union/] [https://archive.today/2383p]
* "After Eurasian Deal, Free Expression Fears in Armenia" (2015-02-03) [https://iwpr.net/global-voices/after-eurasian-deal-free-expression-fears-armenia] [https://archive.today/Yh2RV]
* "Tajikistan’s Accession to EEU to Benefit Country – Russian Ambassador" (2015-02-11) [http://sputniknews.com/business/20150211/1018105019.html] [https://archive.today/otitN]
* "Eurasia Union to Change Kazakhstan’s Automobile Market" (2015-02-16) [http://www.silkroadreporters.com/2015/02/16/eurasia-union-change-kazakhstans-automobile-market/] [https://archive.today/3jlbz]
* "Armenia and Ukraine to sign readmission agreement" (2015-03-03) [http://armenpress.am/eng/news/796278/armenia-and-ukraine-to-sign-readmission-agreement.html] [https://archive.today/JQtAl]
* "Eurasian Economic Union, Vietnam Free Trade Zone Deal May Be Signed in 2015" (2015-02-11) [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150211/1018093340.html] [https://archive.today/idkpD]
* "Africa: Eurasian Integration Could Open Market for Africa" [https://archive.today/OplXv]
* "Eurasian Union: the Birth of a new Giant" (2015-01-02 [https://archive.today/vtcui]
Federation of Russia
* "My country, my rules. Congratulations Russia", a humorous history of the Federation since 1991 [https://archive.today/Acane]
* "Crimea Completes Nationalization - Republic's Prime Minister" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150227/1018861410.html] [https://archive.today/Wh2BN]
* "5 Reasons Why Arab Spring States are Dumping Obama and Reaching for Russia" (2015-02-26) [http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150226/1018809121.html] [https://archive.today/NJ0WT] [begin excerpt]: Having lost a considerable amount of infrastructure in the Civil War, Libya cannot afford expensive Western technologies other than through IMF and World Bank loans which have political strings attached, such as austerity policies. The other choice is Russia, which is willing to finance deals on much more generous terms and at a lower price.
Egypt [https://archive.today/hATTF] and Libya [https://archive.today/hjREf] both seek Russia's help at the UN Security Council, which the US is unwilling to provide as it would help destroy the Qatar-aligned Islamist faction in the Libyan Civil War. Libya has asked Russia for help in ending the arms embargo on the internationally-recognized government. Meanwhile, Egypt is working with Russia on a resolution which would allow for a military intervention to destroy jihadist influence in Libya after ISIL killed 21 Egyptian Copts.
On Wednesday, a group of Yemeni political groups including Ansar Allah, the General People's Congress and the Socialist Party arrived in Moscow following an invitation from State Duma deputies [https://archive.today/bWjj3]. The Yemenis are offering Russia the chance to develop Yemeni oil deposits in exchange for recognition, which would help the Houthis' escalating conflict with Saudi Arabia.
* "European Commission May Axe Hungary-Russia Nuclear Plant Deal" (2015-02-23) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150223/1018614378.html] [https://archive.today/2t8RT]
* "Rosatom on Schedule to Deliver New Units for Hungary’s Paks Nuclear Plant" (2015-02-17) [http://svit.strichka.com/item/21508149] [https://archive.today/6l3Qj]
* "US Names Russian Nuclear Power Plants for India, Iran Best Projects of 2014" (2015-02-12) [http://sputniknews.com/business/20150212/1018179248.html] [https://archive.today/IaPQx]
* "Russia, China to Enhance Cooperation in Nuclear Energy Sector" (2015-02-18) [http://www.nuclearpowerdaily.com/reports/Russia_China_to_Enhance_Cooperation_in_Nuclear_Energy_Sector_999.html] [https://archive.today/6wi62]
* "Russia to Build Its Own Equivalent of Silicon Valley in Moscow" (2015-02-28) [http://sputniknews.com/science/20150228/1018893785.html] [https://archive.today/ztYaa]
* "Kremlin questions Moody's rating downgrade" (2015-02-23, UPI newswire) [https://archive.today/tnWeG]
* " 'Shadow CIA' Stratfor Claims EU, Russia Will Fall Apart" (2015-02-23) [http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150225/1018756078.html] [https://archive.today/0RpdV]
* "911 Association Says Lobbyist Behind Anti-Russian Tactic to Derail GLONASS" (2015-01-24) [http://sputniknews.com/us/20150124/1017287077.html] [https://archive.today/sAEQV]
* "New US Sanctions Against Russia May Meet Painful Response – Deputy FM" (2015-02-270 [http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150227/1018847585.html] [https://archive.today/1gQCO]
Rojave (Western Kurdistan)
Read the founding document of Rojave: "Declaration of Democratic Confederalism in Kurdistan" [https://archive.today/IEfx]
* "The Radical Experiment in Democracy That Defeated the Islamic State in Syria" (2015-02-23) [http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/02/13/radical-experiment-democracy-defeated-islamic-state-syria/] [https://archive.today/mv87Z]
Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)
* "US Backing for 'Moderate' Syrian Rebels: Long Reported, Continually Forgotten" (2015-02-22) [http://fair.org/blog/2015/02/22/us-backing-for-moderate-syrian-rebels-long-reported-continually-forgotten/] [https://archive.today/GYV40]
* "Iraqi Army Downs 2 UK Planes Carrying Weapons for ISIL" (2015-02-23) [http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13931204001534] [https://archive.today/rbpDN]
* "ISIS plans to capture Lebanese territories, declare emirate – report" (2015-02-23) [http://rt.com/news/234859-isis-lebanon-islamic-emirate/] [https://archive.today/8QIji]
* "France sending weapons to Lebanon" (2015-02-26, UPI newswire) [http://www.spacewar.com/reports/France_sending_weapons_to_Lebanon_999.html] [https://archive.today/rTlwt]
State of Israel
* "Leaked cables show Netanyahu’s Iran bomb claim contradicted by Mossad" (2015-02-23) [http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/23/leaked-spy-cables-netanyahu-iran-bomb-mossad] [https://archive.today/VJj2g]
Islamic Republic of Iran
* "Iran's president claims economic miracle" (2015-02-23, UPI newswire) [https://archive.today/uqBfn]
* "Russia offers Iran new missiles despite sanctions" (2015-02-23, AFP newswire) [https://archive.today/ZSGQU], (2015-02-23, Fox News) [https://archive.today/eFcu6]
* (2015-02-24, Russia Today News) [https://archive.today/tzbJa]
* "Iran Expects Russia to Honor Contract on Delivery of S-300 Missile Systems" (2015-01-27) [http://sputniknews.com/military/20150127/1017392508.html] [https://archive.today/DCI6z]
The Republic of Yemen
* Ansarullah Revolutionary Government of Yemen newswire [http://www.sabanews.net/en/]
* Ethnic map (2000) [https://archive.today/jEKNl]
* "Ansarullah Officials Meet Ambassadors of Russia, Germany, Egypt in Sanaa" (2015-02-09) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150303064759/http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?fromval=2&cid=31&frid=23&seccatid=31&eid=194852] [begin excerpt]: Officials of Yemen’s Ansarullah revolutionaries are meeting with foreign ambassadors in the capital Sanaa following the constitutional declaration. The head of foreign affairs department in Ansarullah movement, Hussein al-Azzi, met the ambassadors of Russia, Germany and Egypt, media reported.
Ansarullah revolutionaries, who drove out al-Qaeda from the capital last September, issued the constitutional declaration on Friday, in a bid to avoid the power vacuum in the country after both the President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi and his prime minister resigned earlier last month.
* "Yemenis Support Constitutional Declaration" (2015-02-28) [http://www.tasnimnews.com/english/Home/Single/668192] [https://archive.today/tbHh9]
* "Yemenis demonstrate in support of Ansarullah" (2015-02-27) [http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/02/27/399462/Yemenis-show-support-for-Ansarullah] [https://archive.today/ro6k7]
* "Russia willing to provide necessary support to Yemen : Envoy" (2015-02-23) [http://www.sabanews.net/en/news389178.htm] [https://archive.today/f7PXj]
* "Yemeni delegation reportedly visits Cairo" (2015-03-02) [http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/03/02/yemeni-delegation-reportedly-visits-cairo/] [https://archive.today/7FPxe] [begin excerpt]: A Yemeni delegation reportedly arrived in Cairo Monday to discuss bilateral cooperation with officials, Deif-Allah Al-Shamy, prominent member of the Shi’a Houthi rebel group, said on his Facebook page.
The visit aims at fostering economic cooperation between different countries around the world, said Al-Shamy. He added that there were several other official Yemeni visits including a visit to Russia, which he described as “fruitful in terms of mutual respect and opening diplomatic and economic relations with both countries”.
Al-Shamy further said that an Iranian airplane supported by the Red Cross in Tehran sent aid to the health ministry in Yemen. The aid was received after the Yemeni delegation signed a mutual economic cooperation agreement with the Iranian government.
The group have taken over many Yemeni cities and entered the capital Sanaa in September 2014, amid clashes with the state forces, which left hundreds dead, including civilians.
In February, the Houthis declared a new constitutional draft. Following the resignation of Yemeni president Mansour Abd Rabou Hadi, along with his cabinet, the declaration announced the formation of a new interim government. [end excerpt]
* "Militants attack Houthis in Yemen's al-Bayda" (2015-03-02) [https://archive.today/ruoKp] [begin excerpt]: A number of people were killed or injured on Monday in militant attacks on areas associated with the Shiite Houthi group in Yemen's central Al-Bayda province, according to tribal sources. A series of attacks by armed tribesmen, targeted various Houthi locations in Al-Bayda, leaving several dead injured on both sides. The exact death toll, however, remains unclear. Earlier this month, the Houthis – who have remained in control of capital Sanaa since last September – issued a "constitutional declaration" dissolving parliament and establishing a 551-member transitional council. [end excerpt]
* "Yemen, Iran sign MoU in air transport field" (2015-02-28) [http://www.sabanews.net/en/news389716.htm] [https://archive.today/14uZ7]
* "Rival Yemeni camps dig in as Iran flights begin arriving" (2015-03-02, AP newswire) [https://archive.today/vDhj5]
* "Iran builds ties with new Yemen regime" (2015-03-02) [https://archive.today/mZgab]
* "Yemeni delegation visits Tehran" (2015-03-01) [http://www.sabanews.net/en/news389846.htm] [https://archive.today/9cSOf]
* "Yemen’s Houthis secure strategic province of Bayda" (2015-02-10) [http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/02/10/397048/Houthis-secure-Yemens-Bayda] [https://archive.today/ZwcDE]
* "Ansarullah: Ex-president, fugitive with no legitimacy" (2015-02-25) [http://www.tehrantimes.com/world/122125-ansarullah-ex-president-fugitive-with-no-legitimacy-] [https://archive.today/gFK9P]
* "US ambassador to Yemen meets country's embattled president" (2015-03-02, AP Newswire) [https://archive.today/sczdE] [begin excerpt]:
The U.S. ambassador to Yemen visited the country's embattled president Monday in the southern port city of Aden, where Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi has set up base after fleeing house arrest at the hands of Shiite rebels in the capital, Sanaa.
Ambassador Matthew Tueller was the first Western diplomat to visit Hadi since he fled Sanaa. As they took a walk around the presidential palace on Mt. al-Asheqeen overlooking Aden, Tueller told cameras Hadi is the "legitimate" leader of Yemen.
Arab Gulf ambassadors paid similar visits to Hadi in the past few days, pledging to open embassies in Aden after closing them in Sanaa following the rebel power grab. Hadi has also gained support from influential tribal and provincial leaders.
However, Russia, China, Iran and Oman have kept their embassies open in Sanaa — and Tehran has backed the Shiite Houthis.
On Sunday, a plane belonging to Iran's private airline Mahan Air landed in Sanaa with medical supplies and Red Crescent aid workers, a day after Houthi representatives signed an agreement in Tehran to set up 14 weekly flights between the two countries.
The Shiite Houthis' power grab, which began as a small insurgency in northern Yemen, has fanned fears of a sectarian conflict and full-blown civil war. Yemen's majority population is Sunni while the Shiite Zaydi sect represents a third of the nation.
* "Yemen’s Houthis’ over-ambition bounces back" (2015-02-06) [http://www.yemenonline.info/special-reports/377] [https://archive.today/Huenv]
* "A peculiar United Nations resolution on Yemen" (2015-02-18) [http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2015/02/18/A-peculiar-U-N-resolution-on-Yemen-.html] [https://archive.today/1BwE2]
As the Ansarullah Revolutionary Government of Yemen begins defensive operations against the attacks by the Republic of Yemen, the Southern Movement [https://archive.today/7GJRx] is organizing a new government and is prepared for complete secession out of the jurisdiction of the Republic of Yemen!
* "Yemen separatists leave UN-sponsored talks" (2015-02-28) [http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/02/28/399604/Yemen-separatists-leave-UNbacked-talks] [https://archive.today/LESqh]
Until 1990, the current jurisdiction attributed to the Republic of Yemen was held by the Yemen Arab Republic, and`the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen, before uniting under a capitalist regime.
More from a brief history of Yemen [https://archive.today/AU1D3].
People's Republic of China
* "Year of the Sheep, Century of the Dragon? China and a Brave New World Order" (2015-02-23) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/02/23/year-sheep-century-dragon-china-and-brave-new-world-order] [https://archive.today/HcGVX]
* "Silicon Valley Panic: China Demands NSA-Like Access and Control" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150227/1018861933.html] [https://archive.today/61nM5]
COMMITTEE FOR THE STUDY OF HISTORY & THE CURRENT CONTEXT
* "State of Vietnam referendum, 1955" [https://archive.today/LIYq3], when the USA launched a coup and supported a falsified referendum to install a dictatorship.
* "Why James Baldwin's FBI File Was 1,884 Pages" (2015-02-20) [http://publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/tip-sheet/article/65641-why-james-baldwin-s-fbi-file-was-1-884-pages.html] [https://archive.today/rSGQz]
* "Bill O’Reilly Caught Lying Again? LA Riot Reporting Called Into Question" (2015-02-27) [http://sputniknews.com/us/20150227/1018855693.html] [https://archive.today/YnmDb] [begin excerpt]: Through it all, Bill has taken it like a champ. Not in the good-natured, apologetic sense, but more like an enraged, Mike Tyson boxing kind of champ. O’Reilly has put on the gloves, taking heavy swings at the credibility of his accusers.
But another frequent claim made by the self-described “bloviator” is that “concrete was raining down,” and that his camera crew was “attacked by protestors” while covering the Rodney King riots for Inside Edition.
The riot began in South Central LA, but spread to large swathes of the city over a six-day period following the acquittal of LAPD officers who were accused of using excessive force. 53 people were killed, 2,000 injured, and an estimated $1 billion in damage was done, making the incident one of the most significant events of 1990’s America.
Which meant O’Reilly was all over it.
“They were throwing bricks and stones at us,” O’Reilly said during an online 2006 interview. “Concrete was raining down on us. The cops saved our butts that time.” Just earlier this week, he told radio host Hugh Hewitt that “we were attacked, we were attacked by protesters, where bricks were thrown at us.”
But, in what’s becoming an all-too-familiar turn of events, several of Bill’s colleagues from the time adamantly refute O’Reilly’s recollection of events.
“It didn’t happen,” Rick Kirkham, lead reporter for Inside Edition at the time, told the Guardian. “If it did, how come none of the rest of us remember it?”
Tonya Freeman, another former colleague, also has trouble remembering O’Reilly’s version of events. “I honestly don’t recall watching or hearing about that. I believe I probably would have remembered something like that.”
“Oh my god. That is a completely fictitious story,” Kirkham said. “Nothing ever rained down on us.”
So what is O’Reilly talking about here? His Falkland claims had at least some grain of truth. While he never set foot on the islands, he did cover the war’s aftermath from the Argentine capital. It could be that this latest exaggeration stems from Bill’s encounter with a single, perhaps justifiably angry, resident.
The riots left several LA neighborhoods in flames. It was to one of these smoldering residential communities that O’Reilly arrived in a chauffeured limousine. As Bill prepared to report on the devastation, his driver began polishing the car.
“There were people putting out fires nearby,” Inside Edition crew member Theresa McKeown told the Guardian. “And Bill showed up in his fancy car. This guy was watching us and getting more and more angry,” she said, referring to a resident who was trying to clean his damaged neighborhood. “Bill was being Bill – complaining ‘people are in my eye line’ – and kind of being very insensitive to the situation.”
The man, perhaps understandably, flipped out, and began shouting at O’Reilly and his crew. He kicked over a piece of the crew’s equipment and smashed one of their cameras with a piece of rubble. Where most professional broadcasters would have attempted to calm the situation, Bill took a different route.
“Don’t you know who I am?” two anonymous crew members recall O’Reilly shouting, before encouraging a fistfight as the man was subdued by producers. “Come on, you wanna take me? I’ll take you on.”
One of the team restrained O’Reilly, but “didn’t have much trouble holding Bill back,” according to team member Bob McCall. “It was a lot more show than anything else on Bill’s part.”
While O’Reilly paints the incident as another example of fearless reporting which resulted in a heroic police rescue, it appears to have been more of a cowardly scuffle between an emotional man who had just seen his neighborhood destroyed and a blasé bully who wanted to point and take pictures of it. Police were flagged down, but appeared to be more annoyed at the Inside Edition crew. They ordered them to leave.
“We had to lay all of our equipment down and just drive out of there with cables dragging,” said crew member Neil Antin.
* "Bill O’Reilly Threatens Journalist Over Falklands War Reporting Scandal" (2015-02-25) [http://sputniknews.com/us/20150225/1018709819.html] [https://archive.today/MFCcV]
* "More Colleagues Claim Bill O’Reilly is Making Up His War Reporting Stories" (2015-02-24) [http://sputniknews.com/news/20150224/1018656132.html] [https://archive.today/TNZ03]
* "More Lies? Bill O’Reilly Writes Himself Into JFK Assassination Narrative" (2015-02-25) [http://sputniknews.com/us/20150225/1018749740.html] [https://archive.today/xLCYR]
When the USA took over the former SFSR Russia in 1991, it placed in power a regime of economic advisors that instituted an austerity regime that killed millions through artificial starvation throughout the 1990s. The advisors also profited from their roles as "economic czars".
In this compilation, read how these Harvard University economic advisors profited from the Russian public-asset sale schemes of Yegor Gaidar (below right), the short-lived proponent of shock therapy in Boris Yeltsin’s first term, and his privatization director, Anatoly Chubais (left)
Centre for Social and Economic Research (CASE) is an anti-socialist think tank established in Poland since 1991 for pushing austerity policies developed in the U.S., Western Europe and Harvard University. During the 1990s, the former SFSR Russia was given a heavy dose of economic “shock therapy” through privatisation of social services and resources, through schemes designed to enrich Citizens of the USA, the EU, and the State of Israel. CASE co-founder and Lawyer Jonathan Hay, a man Putin identified as a CIA agent, was one of two Harvard men found guilty of cheating the USA government while advising Russia at the time.
* "How Harvard lost Russia: The best and brightest of America's premier university came to Moscow in the 1990s to teach Russians how to be capitalists. This is the inside story of how their efforts led to scandal and disgrace" (2006-02-27, Institutional Investor) [https://archive.today/zrwFc], republished 2006-03-07 at [https://archive.today/hx2cG].
* "Did an Exposé Help Sink Harvard's President?" (2006-02-27, New York Times)[https://archive.today/RMdZH]
* "Harvard Defendants Pay Over $31 Million to Settle False Claims Act Allegations, Reports U.S. Attorney" (2006-08-03) [https://archive.today/AXu1q]
* "Harvard's role in US aid to Russia" [https://archive.today/kRrQa], Omitted Material [https://archive.today/Kb3ba]
* "Convicted Fraudster Jonathan Hay, Harvard’s Man Who Wrecked Russia, Resurfaces in Ukraine" (2015-02-04) [https://archive.today/LGvcg]
On April 25, 2013, President Putin publicly identified Hay as a CIA agent. Referring to Hay’s work on Russian asset privatization for Chubais, and the subsequent US prosecution, Putin said [https://archive.today/7i5hI]: “we learned today that officers of the United States’ CIA operated as consultants to Anatoly Chubais. But it is even funnier that upon returning to the US, they were prosecuted for violating their country’s laws and illegally enriching themselves in the course of privatisation in the Russian Federation. They did not have the right to do this as active CIA officers. In accordance with US law, they were not allowed to engage in any kind of commercial activity, but they couldn’t resist – it’s corruption, you see.”
* "BACKGROUND INFORMATION on the Harvard-Summers-Russian Aid Case" by Janine Wedel [https://archive.today/Ih2NT]: I happened onto the Harvard advisers and their Russian counterparts (the "Chubais Clan") and their maze of multiplex relationships in 1993-94, as a social anthropologist studying assistance to Center and Eastern Europe after the fall of communism. I published the first investigative article by anyone on the subject in 1996 in an academic journal: "Clique-Run Organizations and U.S. Economic Aid: An Institutional Analysis", in "Demokratizatsiya: The Journal of Post-Soviet Democratization", vol. 4, no. 4, Fall 1996, pp. 571-602.[http://janinewedel.info/rigging-relationship_Dem07-04.99.pdf].
Tip of the Iceberg: It is important to understand that the Harvard-Summers-Russian aid story goes much deeper—and wider—and is far more significant than the saga of a few "bad apples" run amok. It involves a larger network of individuals, most with ties to Harvard, whose projects, pocketbooks, and prestige were centrally invested in the success of the bad apples.
The following list of articles from the collection of Janine Wedel , see more at [https://archive.today/TnZxA].
* "CHUBAIS: Our Media Darling" (1997-12-03, Matt Taibbi) [https://archive.today/EnhYZ]
* "USAID: Jerks, Perks, and Propaganda" (1997-06-04, Matt Taibbi) [https://archive.today/jOMPt]
* "U.S. Economic Aid to Russia: A Case Study in Subcontracting Governance?", in "Civil Society, NGOs and Global Governance" (2000-07)[https://web.archive.org/web/20150303051636/http://gaspp.stakes.fi/NR/rdonlyres/21A69AA8-DF6D-497E-9CD7-F20E4AC33444/0/GASPP72000.pdf]
* "Harvard's 'Best and Brightest' Aided Russia's Economic Ruin" [https://archive.today/o0kpQ]
* "Would Harvard Ever Help Russia?" (2006) [https://archive.today/GoJwk]
* "How the Chubais Clan, Harvard Fed Corruption" (1999-09-12, Los Angeles Times)[https://web.archive.org/web/20150303051636/http://janinewedel.info/harvard_CubaisClanLAT.pdf]
* "Untimely Thoughts’ Weekly Russia Experts’ Panel: US-Russia and conflicting perceptions" (2002) [https://archive.today/0v1NR]
* "U.S. Aid Added to Russia's Woes" (1998) [https://archive.today/QmIP2]
* "The Harvard Boys Do Russia: How the Best and Brightest Helped Destroy the Russian Economy" (1998) [https://archive.today/gJZbJ]
* "U.S. ASSISTANCE FOR MARKET REFORMS: Foreign Aid Failures in Russia and the Former Soviet Bloc" (1999-03-22) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150303051636/http://janinewedel.info/foreign-aid-failures_PolicyAnalysis1999.pdf]
* 1990s articles on the abuse of aid to Russia to implement business schemes [https://archive.today/5YSxl]
* "In Russia, Don't Tie US Aid to Privatization" (1995-03-01, The Christian Science Monitor)[https://web.archive.org/web/20150303051636/http://janinewedel.info/topic_foreignaid_CSMonitor95.pdf]
* "Getting it Right in Aid to Russia" (1992-04-05, The New York Times) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150303051636/http://janinewedel.info/topic_foreignaid_NYTimes92.pdf]
* "Beware Western Governments Bearing Gifts" (1992-01-14, The Wall Street Journal Europe) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150303051636/http://janinewedel.info/topic_poland_WSJournal92.pdf]
USA: Austerity and Privatization, like in the former USSR!
* "Too tightknit to be accountable The outsourcing of crucial government functions to private individuals and companies is an alarming trend" (2004-08-21) [http://www.salon.com/2004/08/12/contractors_4/] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150303061720/http://www.salon.com/2004/08/12/contractors_4/]
* "Rigoberta Menchú Vindicated" (2015-01-21, the Nation) [https://archive.today/7uXkq] [begin excerpt]: This week, a Guatemalan court vindicated Rigoberta Menchú. Menchú, as many will remember, was a poor, Mayan peasant woman who lost nearly her whole family to US-backed Guatemalan security forces, only to find herself conscripted into the US culture wars by pundits and academics, who, having picked apart her best-selling memoir, I, Rigoberta Menchú, charged her with exaggerating her hardships.
Among the family members family members Menchú lost was her father, Vicente Menchú, who died on January 31, 1980, in the Spanish Embassy in Guatemala City, after he and scores of other Mayan peasants occupied the building to bring attention to escalating repression in the countryside. In response, Guatemala’s National Police fire-bombed the embassy, killing nearly forty people, including protesters and embassy staff. One survivor, Gregorio Yuja Xona, was dragged from his hospital bed, tortured, his corpse tossed out on the street. The 1980 firebombing was one of the events Menchú’s fact-checkers used to discredit her account of Guatemala’s long civil war, which over the course of more than three decades claimed 200,000 victims.
Menchú’s accuser, an anthropologist, argued that the embassy protesters killed themselves in an act of “revolutionary suicide that included murdering hostages and fellow protesters” in order to make the government look bad. It was a ludicrous charge, largely based on showing a few grainy photographs of the bomb scene to arson analysts. But it did its damage: it raised doubts about what many considered the signal event in Guatemala’s bloody civil war, a brute display of unyielding power when many Guatemalans, after realizing that no reform would be tolerated, threw in with a fast-growing insurgency. Blaming this massacre on the protesters was meant to undercut accounts that focused on “structural violence,” racism and economic exploitation for the ensuing genocide, when the army slaughtered around 100,000 people, mostly Mayan peasants, over the course of about two years (1981–83). Calling the killing a suicide also had the effect of transforming Menchú’s father from victim to victimizer, from someone invested with the moral stature of Martin Luther King into a crazed suicidal jihadi. [end excerpt]
* "Former NATO Intel Officer Blames US for Ukraine Crisis" (2015-02-25) [http://sputniknews.com/world/20150225/1018728748.html] [https://archive.today/Tl4jx] [begin excerpt]: The current crisis in Ukraine stems from as far back as 1986, when the United States saw an opportunity to model itself as the new single world superpower at the close of the Cold War and saw friendly Russian overtures to Western Europe as a threat. Lieutenant Commander (Retd.) Martin Packard, a former NATO intelligence analyst said: "The real ending of the Cold War was in 1986, when the USSR's leadership resolved on a five-year programme to move to a parliamentary democracy and market economy. The intention in Moscow was to use that period to achieve a progressive convergence with the EU." Packard was writing in response to the publication of a new book, 'Frontline Ukraine: Crisis in the Borderlands' by Richard Sakwa, in which the author argues that Mikhail Gorbachev saw the end of the Cold War as a shared victory which might lead to the building of a "common European home". However, Sakwa says the US promulgated the idea within Europe that Russia was a defeated nation that could be left isolated from Europe and the rest of the world if it did not accept the US as the single world superpower. He says it was the eastward expansion of NATO that lies at the root of the current crisis in Ukraine. [end excerpt]
* "Foreign Born Nazi Soldiers" [https://archive.today/AIKt7]
* THE INDIAN NATIONAL ARMY - A CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF KEY EVENTS [https://archive.today/Xgyqc]
* "Subhas Chandra Bose and India's Struggle for Independence" [https://archive.today/cOPDs]
* Photo showing Bose and Ghandi [https://archive.today/ChUL5]
* Photo showing Bose and Hitler, 1942 [https://archive.today/ryzAN]
* Free India Radio, Saigon
page 0 [https://archive.today/ycUGs]
page 1 [https://archive.today/y5kqq]
page 2 [https://archive.today/HJlAk]
page 3 [https://archive.today/dVm8c]
page 4 [https://archive.today/zz4eB]
page 5 [https://archive.today/8zAg6]
page 6 [https://archive.today/poEfP]
page 7 [https://archive.today/1QDRR]
page 8 [https://archive.today/nKw6q]
Subhas Chandra Bose speeches:
* 1920s [https://archive.today/qIgRM]
* 1930 to 1939 [https://archive.today/fGcB8]
* 1939 to 1940 [https://archive.today/0tujI]
* 1942 to 1943 [https://archive.today/Mjq1Z]
* 1943 to 1945 [https://archive.today/tYJHu]
* Psyops in Support of the Azad Hind (towards bottom of webpage) [https://archive.today/IpKAt].
* 1942 photo on left showing Indian volunteers of the Free India Legion (Legion Freies Indien; Tiger Legion; Azad Hind Fauj) in the Realm of Germany taking their oath to Subhāṣ Candra Basu, and an oath to Adolf Hitler, leader of the European Union 1941 to 1945. In 1944, the Free India Legion soldiers were brought into the fascist European Union's SS Army as the Indian Volunteer Legion for the SS Army (Indische Freiwilligen Legion der Waffen-SS).
The European state government of the Netherlands (referred to as the Dutch) ruled a world empire that included the entire Indonesia archipelago, held as the Colony of the Dutch East Indies.
When the Netherlands were incorporated into the fascist European Union under Adolph Hitler, 1940, their world empire comes under the rule of the Nazi Movement in the Netherlands (NSB). The NSB had a very large following in the Dutch East Indies. Everyone could become a member of the NSB and the Dutch Youth Storm. The Dutch-Indian Youth Storm was 20% black, they could not speak Dutch, Mussert or Geelkerken. NSB leaders welcomed all members to foster unity between Europe and overseas territories.
Photo of a Dutch East Indies youth group (Parindra Youth) greeting native Indonesian dignitaries with the well-known Nazi salute in the Dutch East Indies province of Java(January, 1941).
The fascist European Union SS Army Netherlands Legion (LN) had at least one native Indonesian volunteer in Europe, as shown in the photo. Caption: "The photo came from Mark Bando, the American researcher of American Airborne units. In the course of his research into the 101st Airborne Division, he met with Wilson Boback, who had fought in the Netherlands during Market-Garden in September 1944. Boback's unit came into contact with part of the Landstorm Nederland, and Boback killed a man from the LN and then searched his body. He took from it a photo of the man, who was obviously Indonesian (or part), which showed him in the uniform of the Legion Nederland (wolf's hook collar patch, Dutch made armshield and cufftitle), along with the flaming grenade helmet decal of the LN.
The Free Arab Legion (Legion Freies Arabien) was created by Rašīd ʿĀlī al-Kailānī, the prime minister of Iraq, and by Muḥammad Amīn al-Ḥusainī, assisted by the fascist European Union, against the British Empire (which claimed ownership over Iraq). Until 1943, the Free Arab Legion was joined by Muslims, both Arab and African, and Greek-Orthodox Christians from the Middle East and North Africa, with up to 20,000 soldiers. Photo of the German Army's Free Arab Legion battalion members with a flag used in North Africa. Source: Museum of Modern History, Ljubljana, Slovenia. [https://archive.today/aVwlT]:
1943 photo showing Free Arab Legion members (an African and two Albanian volunteers) in Greece [https://archive.today/gNsWp].
* "Balkenkreuz und Halbmond" book (2005) [https://archive.today/R7u8s]. A German Army Officer remembers his time in North Africa with the Free Arab Legion, including details on the African soldier in the three photos above.
* "Korean Soldiers in WW2 German Army" [https://archive.today/0wkac]
The photo shows Korean volunteers of the German Army, after they are captured by the USA during the invasion of the fascist European Union, at Normandy, 1944-06 [https://archive.today/CHmaY]
Although the fascist ideology of Nazi Germany advocated for an ethnically pure German homeland, they also sought to remake Europe into a set of ethnic homelands for all nationalities living there, united under one European Union, excluding Jewish people, who, through 1941, are being evacuated out of Europe into the USA or the USSR (which received 2.8 million Jewish refugees).
* Photo 1933-03, "Voting in the midst of Nazi terror" article [https://archive.today/31Y74]