Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or on a Smart Phone [link], Desktop U-stream [link], Live Mp3 (.pls) stream [link], Netbook [link].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link].
Send news & info to [NorthbayMDS@) gmail.com]!
Previous Northbay Uprising News Scripts [link]
Archived links are available even if the original is taken down, stored at (archive.org), (archive.today), (peeep.us).
News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or of foreign governments.
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* The new Conference Room At DQU [http://www.d-q-u.org]
* "Help Re-Open D-Q University" [https://www.facebook.com/groups/56072718370/]===*===*===
* DEECOLONIZE Academy [www.racepovertymediajustice.org/academy]
* "Revolutionary education for our youth: Homefulness runs a summer camp and opens a school" (2014-09-07) [http://sfbayview.com/2014/09/revolutionary-education-for-our-youth-homefulness-runs-a-summer-camp-and-opens-a-school/] [https://archive.today/0O61h]
Lisa “Tiny” Garcia, Muteado Silencio and Needa Bee, along with guest instructors from the Black Riders Liberation Party, POOR Magazine, Spiral Garden and many more, created a camp this summer and, this fall, a school which focuses on revolutionary skills, aka life and survival skills, art and decolonial studies for our Black and Brown youth.
The summer camp and the DEECOLONIZE Academy school provide skills in understanding systematic racism, environmental analysis through the perspective of race, as well as science – the kids took samples of soil and water and looked at them in microscopes – basic construction and healthy eating. All through the two weeks of camp, the young skolas recorded their data and reflections with journals, cameras and digital recorders.
Keeping with the theme of Building Our Future, the young skolars in the summer camp got to create scale models of the Homefulness compound. This included gardens, a healing center and a main house – all wheelchair accessible, of course! The details on these models are incredible and really have to be seen to fully appreciate the thoughtfulness that went into them.
* "Shaking down the poor: The infiltration of a landless people’s movement" (2015-01-22) [http://sfbayview.com/2015/01/shaking-down-the-poor-the-infiltration-of-a-landless-peoples-movement/] [https://archive.today/om7pf] [end excerpt]: The reality of Homefulness was carried out by years of multi-rationed work, sweat, art, education and organizing by POOR Magazine and its allies. POOR Magazine asked permission and consultation from Ohlone First Nation peoples and ancestors as well as many other indigenous nations to bless the land in multiple ceremonies that included folks with deep roots in BlackArthur – a place where the history of African descended elders, youth and families runs deep. There were years of revolutionary community building circles, including peoples from all four corners of Mama Earth and BlackArthur neighbors convened to determine what Homefulness would look like – what it would be.
Meeting after meeting determined the vision of a real poor people-led community garden, Street Newsroom – our media making circle and healthy community feed held every Thursday on 82nd and MacArthur – and the home school at Homefulness called “Deecolonize Academy.” We came correct to the community by asking permission of the ancestors and neighbors before working to make the vision a reality. As history has shown us with poor people led revolutions and movements of the past, there are those who – either out of envy or jealousy or other motives – will try to undermine a humble revolution. Homefulness has garnered national attention as a template for housing and has roused the curiosity of revolutionaries in other countries. [end excerpt]
The article then describes the following situation, [begin excerpt] We opened our doors at Homefulness to a collaboration with a community member we thought shared our humble vision. This person moved into Homefulness – into a large one-bedroom unit with a bathroom, kitchen and large attic loft. She agreed to collaborate with POOR Magazine as a teacher in Deecolonize Academy.
What started as a good working relationship soon turned into a campaign – complete with bullying – to smear POOR Magazine and Homefulness through rumors and falsehoods spread on social media and by word of mouth. Many vitriol-laced accusations launched by this person towards POOR went so far as to target our revolutionary donors, asserting that POOR does not do the true community work – while asserting that she, of course, does – and does not truly represent the community.
The ironic part about this attack on POOR Magazine is that this person has lived on the Homefulness property for six months without paying her share of utility and maintenance costs as per her residence agreement that she signed. Nor has she performed any of the sweat equity duties that her residence was contingent upon – taking out the refuse, helping with Street Newsroom, cleaning the land etc. [end excerpt].
The person in question is not being named in the article, an extraordinary measure to protect the accused. The person has issued her own statement, archived here [https://archive.today/Syqfj].
WORKER'S DEFENSE COMMITTEE
* "Adjunct faculty from 5 Bay Area colleges unite for 'metro organizing' " (2015-02-03, 1021 Newswire): About 1,400 of SEIU 1021's newest members are adjunct faculty from five different Bay Area colleges: Mills College, San Francisco Art Institute, California College of the Arts, St. Mary's College and Dominican University. All won their union elections last year by commanding majorities, and all are engaged in negotiating their first contracts with administration.
Now, as part of the nationwide Adjunct Action campaign, faculty from the five colleges met last week to develop a "metro organizing strategy” for the region. “Metro organizing” is an approach to movement building that brings a community of activists together in a particular metropolitan area to advance an education justice agenda across the region as well as at their own campuses. On January 30, adjunct professors from the five SEIU 1021 member schools joined together with students, alumni and representatives from the New Faculty Majority (a national advocacy organization) and SEIU-CFA (California Faculty Association, which represents professors in the Cal State universities). Their aim is to build solidarity, compare notes on contract negotiations, and create a vision for the adjunct metro organizing movement in the Bay Area.
Upcoming movement events include a National Adjunct Day of Action (Feb. 25) and the Bay Area Art and Education Justice Festival on March 8. Read the 1021 NewsWire for details.
* "United Steel Workers will strike at Chevron Refinery" (2015-01-31)
the Chevron management at the Richmond refinery will be running the plants with fraudulently qualified workers. The USW(United steel workers) will be going on strike this weekend. The company is taking away the workers right to have a safe work environment and the workers will not accept it. The company has spewed many lies to the public about being safe while trying to get permits and get their officials into office. They said the workers had a right to “Stop Work Authority” at any time. We were told by chevron during negotiations that the workers do not have that right only management and workers who stop jobs for being unsafe could be disciplined.
The company plans to run the plants with replacement workers who have never worked the plants before. This will surely endanger the public and risk lives. The 2012 fire was caused by chevron management decisions and now they will be in control of the plants. Please get the word out to the community that chevron is more concerned with profits then worker safety. This strike could start the weekend of Feb 1st since our contract expires on January 31st and midnight.
The USW workers will be holding a strike authorization vote today at the union hall in Martinez, CA.
* "U.S. oil refinery workers go on strike" (2015-01-02) [http://www.oilgasdaily.com/reports/US_oil_refinery_workers_go_on_strike_999.html] [https://archive.today/RMDH8]
documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
* "San Francisco public defender arrested outside courtroom for defending her client" (2015-01-29) [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/29/1360890/-San-Francisco-public-defender-arrested-outside-courtroom-for-defending-her-client-VIDEO] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150129180016/http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/29/1360890/-San-Francisco-public-defender-arrested-outside-courtroom-for-defending-her-client-VIDEO],
* "San Francisco Deputy Public Defender Arrested For Intervening Between Police And Her Client" (2015-01-18) [http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/01/28/san-francisco-deputy-public-defender-detained-for-intervening-between-police-and-her-client/] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150129060343/http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/01/28/san-francisco-deputy-public-defender-detained-for-intervening-between-police-and-her-client/]
* "Google, Gag Orders and the WikiLeaks Investigation" (2015-01-31) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/google-gag-orders-and-the-wikileaks-investigation/5428533] [https://archive.today/POzJT]
* "How the CIA made Google Inside the secret network behind mass surveillance, endless war, and Skynet" (2015-01-22)
pg.1 [https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/how-the-cia-made-google-e836451a959e] [https://archive.today/W8L65]
pg. 2 [https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/why-google-made-the-nsa-2a80584c9c1] [https://archive.today/sARIC]
* "New Cyber-Spying Discovery Points to NSA and the 'Five Eyes' " (2015-01-30) [http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/01/30/new-cyber-spying-discovery-points-nsa-five-eyes/] [https://archive.today/2f3VJ]
* "SECRET ‘BADASS’ INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM SPIED ON SMARTPHONES" (2015-01-26) [https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/26/secret-badass-spy-program/] [https://archive.today/S1E0v]
* "Canada Unveils New Anti-Terrorism Bill That Moves for 'Unprecedented Expansion of Powers' " (2015-01-30) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/30/canada-unveils-new-anti-terrorism-bill-moves-unprecedented-expansion-powers] [https://archive.today/w6Hoy]
* "Revealed: Canadian Spy Program Illustrates "Giant X-Ray Machine Over All Our Digital Lives' " (2015-01-28) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/28/revealed-canadian-spy-program-illustrates-giant-x-ray-machine-over-all-our-digital] [https://archive.today/kBPDC]
* "Britain’s Army’s “Facebook Warriors”: Reflexive Control, Covert Information and Subversion Campaigns on the Internet" (2015-02-03) [http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/02/british-anerican-government-launch-massive-propaganda-campaigns.html] [https://archive.today/wzPTr]
* "The British Army is Creating a Battalion of 'Facebook Warriors' " (2015-02-01) [http://gizmodo.com/the-british-army-is-creating-a-battalion-of-facebook-w-1683078069] [https://archive.today/stjdp]
* "British army creates team of Facebook warriors" (2015-01-31) [http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/31/british-army-facebook-warriors-77th-brigade] [https://archive.today/Fihah]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
* "Monarch butterfly population makes a modest rebound" (2015-01-27) [http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Monarch-butterfly-population-makes-a-modest-6044282.php] [https://archive.today/oRop9]
* "Lawsuit Challenges California Plan Allowing Pesticide Spraying on Schools, Homes, Organic Farms" (2015-01-22) [http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2015/pesticides-01-22-2015.html] [https://archive.today/ohokm]
* "PG&E targeted critics after San Bruno blast, e-mails show" (2015-01-31) [http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/PG-E-targeted-critics-after-San-Bruno-blast-6054156.php] [https://archive.today/lvTvx] [begin excerpt]: In the days after the 2010 San Bruno blast that killed eight people, top Pacific Gas and Electric Co. executives traded jokes and back-slapped with state regulators and tried to get them to denounce one of their most vocal critics, a Chronicle review of 65,000 e-mails shows. [end excerpt]
* "State let oil companies taint drinkable water in Central Valley" (2015-01-31) [http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/State-let-oil-companies-taint-drinkable-water-in-6054242.php#/0] [https://archive.today/rE9fa] [begin excerpt]: Oil companies in drought-ravaged California have, for years, pumped wastewater from their operations into aquifers that had been clean enough for people to drink. They did it with explicit permission from state regulators, who were supposed to protect the increasingly strained groundwater supplies from contamination. Instead, the state allowed companies to drill more than 170 waste-disposal wells into aquifers suitable for drinking or irrigation, according to data reviewed by The Chronicle. Hundreds more inject a blend of briny water, hydrocarbons and trace chemicals into lower-quality aquifers that could be used with more intense treatment.
The problem developed over decades, starting with a bureaucratic snafu between state and federal regulators. It was made worse by shoddy record keeping and, critics say, plain negligence. The issue erupted into public view last summer when state officials abruptly shut down 11 waste-injection wells in Kern County, fearing they could taint groundwater supplies already feeding homes and farms.
The wastewater injection problem stretches back to 1983. EPA officials that year signed an agreement giving California’s oil field regulators — the state’s Divison of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources — responsibility for enforcing the federal Safe Drinking Water Act. The agreement listed, by name, aquifers considered exempt, where oil companies could legally inject leftover water with a simple permit from the division. If state regulators wanted to add any aquifers to the list, they would need EPA’s aproval. But there were two signed copies of the agreement, said Steven Bohlen, the division’s new supervisor. Eleven aquifers listed as exempt on one copy weren’t included on the other. The state and the oil companies considered those aquifers exempt — perfectly suitable places to dispose of wastewater. The EPA didn’t.
Map showing wastewater injection wells [https://archive.today/n4bR0]
Map showing wastewater injection well cluster in Kern County [https://archive.today/EKL26]
articles recommended by the
SOVEREIGN SAN PABLO BAY think tank
* "Composting Coop Taps into the Unbroken Spirit of Rust Belt Cities" (2015-01-20)[http://www.shareable.net/blog/composting-coop-taps-into-the-unbroken-spirit-of-rust-belt-cities]
* An Insider's Guide to Sharing City Detroit [http://www.shareable.net/blog/an-insiders-guide-to-sharing-city-detroit]
* "Free the Seeds! 9 Ways to Power Up the Seed Movement" (2014-12-23) [http://www.shareable.net/blog/free-the-seeds-9-ways-to-power-up-the-seed-movement]
* "How to Host a Conference, Gift Economy Style" [http://www.shareable.net/blog/how-to-host-a-conference-gift-economy-style]
* "HOW TO BUILD A TIN CAN WIFI ANTENNA FOR $5: How To Build A Tin Can Waveguide WiFi Antenna for 802.11(b or g) Wireless Networksor other 2.4GHz Applications" (2014-12-10) [http://www.offgridworld.com/how-to-build-a-tin-can-wifi-antenna-for-5/] [https://archive.today/6QyG1]
Building your Cantenna is easy, just follow these steps.
- Collect the parts
- Drill or punch holes in your can to mount the probe
- Assemble the probe and mount in can
Collect the parts -
- A N-Female chassis mount connector.
- Four small nuts and bolts
- A bit of thick wire
- A can
These vendors can supply the parts (the wire and can you provide yourself) [http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html#vendors]
* "Use a Surplus Primestar Dish as an IEEE 802.11 Wireless Networking Antenna" [https://archive.today/fB00Z]
* "Low Cost 802.11A Directional Antenna using obsolete PrimeStar Dish" [https://archive.today/09eEU]
articles recommended by the
SOLANO PEACE, JUSTICE & FREEDOM COALITION
2015 WOMEN’S MARCH FOR PEACE IN KOREA
[http://www.womencrossdmz.org/] @WomenCrossDMZ, #womxdmz
On May 24, 2015, 30 international women peacemakers from around the world will walk with Korean women, north and south, to call for an end to the Korean War and for a new beginning for a reunified Korea.
We will hold international peace symposiums in Pyongyang and Seoul where we can listen to Korean women and share our experiences and ideas of mobilizing women to bring an end to violent conflict.
Our hope is to cross the 2-mile wide De-Militarized Zone (DMZ) that separates millions of Korean families as a symbolic act of peace.
2015 marks the 70th anniversary of Korea’s division into two separate states by Cold War powers, which precipitated the 1950-53 Korean War.
After nearly 4 million people were killed, mostly Korean civilians, fighting was halted when North Korea, China, and the United States representing the UN Command signed a ceasefire agreement. They promised within three months to sign a peace treaty; over 60 years later, we’re still waiting.
Meanwhile, thousands of Korean elders die every year waiting on a government list to see their children or siblings after being separated by the DMZ. In North Korea, crippling sanctions against the government make it difficult for ordinary people to access the basics needed for survival.
The unresolved Korean conflict gives all governments in the region justification to further militarize and prepare for war, depriving funds for schools, hospitals, and the welfare of the people and the environment.
That’s why women are walking for peace, to reunite families, and end the state of war in Korea.
* " ‘Group-Thinking’ the World into a New War" (2015-01-30) [https://consortiumnews.com/2015/01/30/group-thinking-the-world-into-a-new-war/] [https://archive.today/1zGXx]
* "Demobilized in the USA: Why There Is No Massive Antiwar Movement" (2015-02-03) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/02/03/demobilized-usa-why-there-no-massive-antiwar-movement] [https://archive.today/TFzH1]
* Why has the anti-war movement fizzled out? "It's the Blind Partisanship" (2015-02-03) [http://davidswanson.org/node/4661] [https://archive.today/s2lYP]
a new book called Party in the Street: The Antiwar Movement and the Democratic Party after 9/11 by Michael T. Heaney and Fabio Rojas who have spent years studying this question using careful surveys of large numbers of activists. Their book begins with 93 pages of scholarly theoretical framework before getting to the data. You want careful examination of the influence of partisanship on activism? This is it.
"The 2006 elections and their immediate aftermath were the high point for party-movement synergy," write Heaney and Rojas. "At exactly the time when antiwar voices were most well poised to exert pressure on Congress, movement leaders stopped sponsoring lobby days. The size of antiwar protests declined. From 2007 to 2009, the largest antiwar rallies shrank from hundreds of thousands of people to thousands, and then to only hundreds."
What explains this?
"Our explanation centers on the shifting partisan alignments favoring the Democratic Party. We observe demobilization not in response to a policy victory, but in response to a party victory. The rising power of the Democratic Party may have convinced many antiwar activists that the war issue would be dealt with satisfactorily."
* "Pentagon Silent on Current Use of DU in Iraq" (2015-01-30) [http://warisacrime.org/content/pentagon-silent-current-use-du-iraq] [https://archive.today/9aaBZ]:
Back in October, I reported that, "A type of airplane, the A-10, deployed this month to the Middle East by the U.S. Air National Guard's 122nd Fighter Wing, is responsible for more Depleted Uranium (DU) contamination than any other platform, according to the International Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons (ICBUW). . . . Pentagon spokesman Mark Wright told me, 'There is no prohibition against the use of Depleted Uranium rounds, and the [U.S. military] does make use of them. The use of DU in armor-piercing munitions allows enemy tanks to be more easily destroyed.'"
This week I have left an email message and a phone message for Mark Wright at the Pentagon. Here's what I emailed, after consulting with Wim Zwijnenburg of PaxForPeace.nl:
"Recent reports by CENTCOM have noted that 11% of the U.S. sorties have been flown by A-10s , and that a wide range of attacks on tanks and armored vehicles have taken place. Can you confirm that PGU-14 30mm munitions with depleted uranium in the A-10s (and any other DU weapons) have not been used during these attacks. And if not, why not? Thanks!"
I sent that email on January 28 and left a voice message January 30.
You'd think there'd be lots of reporters calling with the same question and reporting the answer. But then it's only Iraqis, I guess.
* "U.S. Sends Planes Armed with Depleted Uranium to Middle East" (2014-10-28) [http://davidswanson.org/node/4568] [https://archive.today/uHsh9]
* "US deploys DU aircraft to Middle East: As United Nations is called upon to ban Depleted Uranium the US again deploys DU-ready A-10 aircraft to the Middle East" (2014-10-29) [http://www.aljazeera.com/humanrights/2014/10/us-deploys-du-aircraft-middle-east-201410287450282932.html] [https://archive.today/lTbRw]
* "The Golden Age of Black Ops: Special Ops Missions Already in 105 Countries in 2015" (2015-01-20) [http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/175945/] [https://archive.today/ABFgI]
* "Camp Nama: British personnel reveal horrors of secret US base in Baghdad" (2013-04-01) [http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/01/camp-nama-iraq-human-rights-abuses] [https://archive.today/KGMQJ]
REPORT BACK: 8 Anti-drone Activists Block Main Beale Drone Base for 1 hour, No arrests!
On Tuesday during early morning commute, 8 Anti-Drone activists blockaded Wheatland road into Beale Air Force Base for 1 hour and 20 minutes, during the morning commute. The majority of military personnel and non-military personnel enter through this gate each morning, totaling hundreds of vehicles. In a continuing 4 year long monthly resistance to illegal drone assassinations and perpetual war, these activists refused to get out of the road when a very polite highway patrol officer arrived after the first half hour of blockade. After much initial discussion between the officer and the activists, the officer radioed into his supervisor, who gave him the order not to arrest. Within 10 minutes another officer arrived on the scene, and the two officers proceeded to use their patrol cars to create a barrier between the peace activists and the commute cars, creating a second layer of blockade. All drivers trying to get into the base that morning were forced to take a long detour to other gates, significantly delaying their arrival to the base.
Photos Here: [www.flickr.com/photos/baypointcommunity/sets/72157650513808481].
Occupy Beale Air Force Base activists were motivated by the recent continued escalation of illegal drone attacks by the Obama Administration in Pakistan and Yemen, as well as in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and elsewhere. Just on Monday a 12 year old boy, Mohammed Saleh Qayed Taeiman, was killed by a U.S. drone attack in Yemen, along with 2 adults, while driving on a roadway. Mohammed had lost his father and 17 year old brother by a U.S. drone attack in 2011.
Story Here: [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/27/us-drone-kills-sixth-grade-boy-yemen-says-human-rights-group].
Connecting the dots to the rampant police violence against black and brown people of color, activists brought the "Black LIves Matter" theme to Beale this month. "From Ferguson to Pakistan, Oakland to Aghanistan, STOP THE RACIST KILLING." A flyer (see attachment) distributed to Beale personnel, explained the extreme racism that exists both in U.S. global warfare, drone killing and in law enforcement practices, where lives of people of color and people of other cultures are so easily expendable. Occupy Beale activists refuse to be complicit in the dehumanization of other peoples' lives. The one hour-plus blockade was very successful in stopping "business as usual" at Beale Air Force Base and demanding that these policies change.
Interestingly, on Mon. afternoon, when activists had gathered for a vigil at the Doolittle gate, where much less traffic enters and exits the gate, a CHP officer arrived mid-way, and was very aggressive in trying to intimidate Toby, who was standing at her "usual spot", passing out flyers. Toby left the "gore" divider in the roadway when the intimidation continued to escalate, but returned back to the gore to distribute flyers after the officer left. Michael Kerr was a tremendous support, by continuing to cross back and forth at the intersection with his Veterans For Peace flag, which greatly de-escalated the situation. Fox 40, a Sacramento based tv news cameraman was on the scene on Monday, and a story of our protest was aired, which included a interview with Barry Binks, who helped get the truth out about drones to the public.
Many thanks to all who came!
Monday Photos: [www.flickr.com/photos/baypointcommunity/sets/72157648187579954/]
Hope some of you reading this report will consider joining us at Beale or Creech drone bases soon.
In Solidarity for Peace, Occupy Beale AFB!
** Feb. 18: Ash Wednesday Anti-Drone Action [https://www.facebook.com/events/1530832393865769/]
** Feb. 23-24: Occupy Beale AFB monthly 2 day vigil and encampment [https://www.facebook.com/OccupyBealeAirForceBase]
Theme: Love conquers all, Resist global militarization with love!
Using heart shaped signs and other visuals we will demonstrate that love and nonviolence is always the solution to conflict. (details later).
** Mar. 4-6: SHUT DOWN CREECH! Mass Mobilization to Stop Drone Wars
Creech AFB , the heart of U.S. drone warfare in southern Nevada, will see the largest ever drone protest in the country. Bring Affinity groups, invite friends and help us Shut Down the very base where CIA drone killing is executed!
Photo by Chris Nelson, 1/27/15 Blockade at Wheatland Gate:
NEW AFRICAN PEACE MOVEMENT
* "US AFRICOM Commander Calls for “Huge” Military Campaign in West Africa" (2015-02-02) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-africom-commander-calls-for-huge-military-campaign-in-west-africa/5429010] [https://archive.today/cnvw0]
* "Three Stories from the Firestone Plantation" (2014-11-19) [http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/foreign-affairs-defense/firestone-and-the-warlord/three-stories-from-the-firestone-plantation/] [https://archive.today/hhKEf]
* "How We Uncovered Firestone’s Deal with Charles Taylor" (2014-11-18) [http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/inside-frontline/how-we-uncovered-firestones-deal-with-charles-taylor/] [https://archive.today/3I9ve]
* "Rwanda: Installing a US Protectorate in Central Africa" (2003) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/rwanda-installing-a-us-protectorate-in-central-africa-2/5426182] [https://archive.today/08tNq]
GREEN CHARTER COMMITTEE
* "Washington Times’ Bombshell Tapes Confirm Citizen Commission’s Findings on Benghazi" (2015-01-30) [http://www.aim.org/aim-column/washington-times-bombshell-tapes-confirm-citizen-commissions-findings-on-benghazi/] [https://archive.today/dDGqe] [begin excerpt]: This news also validates the Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi (CCB) 2014 interim report, which exposed that Muammar Qaddafi had offered truce talks and a possible peaceful abdication to the United States, which Washington turned down. “Despite the willingness of both AFRICOM Commander Gen. Carter Ham and Muammar Qaddafi to pursue the possibility of truce talks, permission was not given to Gen. Ham from his chain of command in the Pentagon and the window of opportunity closed,” reads Kubic’s statement for our report from last year.
Now we learn that the likely source of the stonewalling came from the State Department—and Secretary Clinton—herself. “On the day the U.N. resolution was passed, Mrs. Clinton ordered a general within the Pentagon to refuse to take a call with Gadhafi’s son Seif and other high-level members within the regime, to help negotiate a resolution, the secret recordings reveal,” reported the Times on January 29.
Former Defense Secretary Bob Gates indicated in his book, Duty, that he was opposed to the war for national security reasons. He highlighted a division among White House advisors—with Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, and Samantha Power “urging aggressive U.S. action to prevent an anticipated massacre of the rebels as Qaddafi fought to remain in power.” Add to that list the former Secretary of State. “But that night, with Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s forces turning back the rebellion that threatened his rule, Mrs. Clinton changed course, forming an unlikely alliance with a handful of top administration aides who had been arguing for intervention,” reported The New York Times on March 18, 2011, the day after UN Resolution 1973 authorizing a “no fly” zone in Libya was voted on and passed. “Within hours, Mrs. Clinton and the aides had convinced Mr. Obama that the United States had to act, and the president ordered up military plans, which Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, hand-delivered to the White House the next day.”
The Washington Times now reports that “In the recovered recordings, a U.S. intelligence liaison working for the Pentagon told a Gadhafi aide that Mr. Obama privately informed members of Congress that Libya ‘is all Secretary Clinton’s matter’ and that the nation’s highest-ranking generals were concerned that the president was being misinformed” about a humanitarian crisis that didn’t exist. [end excerpt]
5th WORLD NEWS
* [http://www.yakutia.org/], homepage archived 2015-02-01 [https://archive.today/QkDb0]
* "Yakutia ASSR and the Sakha Republic from 1917" [https://archive.today/tAKWJ]
* Map showing the Republic of Sakha's jurisdiction within the Federation of Russia [https://archive.today/mjd4O]
* Current map and flag of the Republic of Sakha
Articles and Photos of Tiksi port-city (population 5000):
* "The major facts from the history of Tiksi" (2011-12-11) [https://dariaburnasheva.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/the-major-facts-from-the-history-of-tiksi/] [https://archive.today/LhdRp]
* Marcin Gienieczko, the Polish adventurer, is sailing off Yakutsk to continue his canoe voyage on the Lena River to Tiksi (2012-07-11) [https://archive.today/C4pzu]
* "Army closes Arctic airport" (2012-11-29) [http://barentsobserver.com/en/arctic/2012/11/army-closes-arctic-airport-29-11] [https://archive.today/eOAf8] [begin excerpt]: The about 5000 people living in the remote Russian town of Tiksi lost their key lifeline to the outside world when the Russian military suddenly closed the local airport. [end excerpt]
* Photo of Public buildings [https://archive.today/z8MO5], close-up of interesting building [https://archive.today/RoH7W]
* Casting a shadow on a deserted building [https://archive.today/xTdwY]
* Satellite map showing the city's place at the Arctic Circle [https://archive.today/NN6iD]
* Yakut dancers perform a blessing ceremony at the grand opening of the Tiksi Hydrometeorological Climate Observatory, August 2010 (with Russian, US and Finnish Officials). More info at [https://archive.today/N3iqN] [https://archive.today/bizKp].
* "7 Days Golden Triangle Trek through Authentic Ethnic Diversity" [https://archive.today/mbOEz]
COMMITTEE TO FREE 'EM ALL
* "Join the Fight to Free Rev. Pinkney!" (2015-01-28) [http://www.iacenter.org/actions/freepinkney-1-28-15/] [https://archive.today/OxdvZ]
* Jason Hammond Support Network Sentencing Statement (2015-01-22) [http://freejasonhammond.blogspot.de/2015/01/statement.html] [https://archive.today/NTiOt]
* "What would compel a man to try to cut his own face off?" (2015-01-30) [http://sfbayview.com/2015/01/what-would-compel-a-man-to-try-to-cut-his-own-face-off/] [https://archive.today/VHmNd]
* " 'Political Prisoner' Phil Africa, Dies In PA Prison Under Suspicious Circumstances" (2015-01-30) [http://thefreethoughtproject.com/move-activist-phil-africa-dies-prison-suspicious-circumstances] [https://archive.today/7DktQ] [begin excerpt]: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – According to Ramona Africa, a representative for the MOVE 9, Phil Africa, the organization’s First Minister of Defense, passed away in prison under suspicious circumstances this week. There are many suspicious circumstances surrounding Phil’s death, namely the fact that he was isolated for 6 days before his passing, and the fact that the prison could not even keep their story straight about where he was being held. [end excerpt]
* 2015-01-12 report about the strange death of Phil Africa posted to [facebook.com/OfficialMumiaAbuJamal], limited version archived 2015-01-31 [https://archive.today/lM2dI]:
On Saturday, January 10th 2015 Phil Africa, revolutionary, John Africa’s First Minister of Defense, and beloved brother, husband and father, passed away under suspicious circumstances at the State Correctional Institution at Dallas, PA. On Sunday, January 4th Phil Africa wasn't feeling well and went to the prison infirmary. Though he wasn't feeling well, other inmates saw Phil Africa walking, stretching and doing jumping jacks. Hearing that Phil was in the infirmary MOVE members drove up to visit him and were denied a visit by the prison. While they were visiting with Delbert Africa, Phil was secretly transported to Wilkes Barre General Hospital where he was held in total isolation, incommunicado for five days.Prison officials at SCI-Dallas wouldn't communicate about Phil’s condition. They told MOVE that Phil was at Wilkes Barre General hospital but the hospital denied he was there and this back and forth lie went on for days almost the entire time Phil was being held. The hospital and the prison behaved very suspiciously denying Phil the ability to call family members or his wife of 44 years, Janine Africa, stating that she was not a blood relative. The hospital and prison received hundreds of phone calls in support of Phil from around the world. When they finally submitted to pressure and allowed Phil to call Janine on Thursday, January 8th he was heavily drugged, incoherent and couldn't even hold the phone to talk to her.
On Friday, January 9th Phil was sent back to the prison infirmary and placed in hospice care upon arrival. On Saturday, January 10th Ramona and Carlos Africa were granted permission to visit Phil in the prison infirmary. When they reached him he was incoherent and couldn't talk or move his head to look at them. An hour after they left Delbert called with the news that Phil passed away.
Inmates in the infirmary and others in the prison were shocked when they heard the news. They had witnessed his vigorous health for decades in the prisons, had just seen him stretching and doing jumping jacks six days earlier. This rapid decline all occurred while he was being literally held incommunicado from his MOVE family at Wilkes Barre General Hospital or Dallas prison or wherever these conspirators were holding him with murderous intent.
The fact that Phil was isolated for the six days before he passed, The prison even refused to acknowledge that he was in the hospital is beyond Suspicious
This is another example of how the system hates MOVE and will do anything to stop MOVE. You can look at the example of August 8th, 1978 when the MOVE 9 were illegally imprisoned, and May 13th, 1985 when the government dropped a bomb and intentionally murdered 11 MOVE members to see this point clearly. When Merle Africa died in prison on March 13th, 1998 the conditions were very similar. She had been one way in the prison, but within hours of being forced to go to an outside hospital she was dead.
Phil made a deep impression on people all around the world. He was constantly writing, often dozens of letters a day, encouraging solidarity and strength, and warmly advising hundreds of people. Phil worked hard to learn to paint and created countless paintings which he sent to supporters for free to draw attention to issues, get raffled off for the struggle, and bring people together. Phil took his commitment and work as a revolutionary very seriously, but was often smiling, laughing, and giving people hugs and encouragement. He was a warm father figure to many in the prison where he taught inmates how to box, to think, and how to get stronger. Despite having two of his children murdered by the system and being separated by prison, Phil was a father figure to many. He was separated from his wife Janine for over 36 of the 44 years they were married, but he worked hard to stay connected with her even though they were so callously isolated by the system.
It’s this system’s intention for MOVE people to die in prison. The MOVE 9 never should have been imprisoned at all, and according to their sentence they should have been paroled over six years ago. The death of Merle and Phil Africa rests directly at the feet of this government! Phil will never be forgotten and this is not the end he is dearly missed but his strong example should inspire everyone to fight harder for the freedom of the MOVE 9 and all political prisoners .This latest government treachery will be the fuel needed to motivate people to step up the pace for this revolution .
LONG LIVE PHIL AFRICA!
LONG LIVE MERLE AFRICA!
FREE THE MOVE 9!
LONG LIVE JOHN AFRICA!
For More Info Or How You Can Help
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
* "Chicago For Sale" (2015-02-02) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/02/02/chicago-sale] [https://archive.today/9AstG]
* "How To Sell Off a City: Welcome to Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago, the privatized metropolis of the future" (2015-01-21) [http://inthesetimes.com/article/17533/how_to_sell_off_a_city] [https://archive.today/8Kw2l]
The Truth Behind the Bankruptcy of Detroit
A book from the Socialist Equality Party ($8.95, on sale) containing a devastating exposure of the political conspiracy behind the bankruptcy of Detroit. It consists of the five major reports presented to the Workers Inquiry held February 15, 2014 at Wayne State University, which exposed the political, social and economic forces behind the largest municipal bankruptcy case in US history.
* "America’s Real National Security Budget — A Trillion Dollars a Year" 2015-02-03) [https://medium.com/war-is-boring/americas-real-national-security-budget-a-trillion-dollars-a-year-42c2a2362e16] [https://archive.today/qZyFS]
* "The Oligarch Party: Koch Bros Vow Nearly $1 Billion for 2016 Elections" (2015-01-27) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/27/oligarch-party-koch-bros-vow-nearly-1-billion-2016-elections] [https://archive.today/LgKGh]
* "Mainstream Media: Who Gets On and Who Does Not" (2015-01-30) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/01/30/mainstream-media-who-gets-and-who-does-not] [https://archive.today/9yG0A]
* "U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) Characterizes 'Alternative Media as Terror'; BBG associated with CIA white propaganda efforts" (2015-01-30) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/critics-push-back-after-broadcasting-board-of-governors-characterizes-alternative-media-as-terror/5428363] [https://archive.today/CCLgc]
* Corporate Media Propaganda and CIA Covert Ops: "How Roy Cohn Helped Rupert Murdoch" (2015-01-28) [https://consortiumnews.com/2015/01/28/how-roy-cohn-helped-rupert-murdoch/] [https://archive.today/kh159]
* "Right-to-work: smokescreen for corporate interests" (2015-01-30) [http://www.peoplesworld.org/right-to-work-smokescreen-for-corporate-interests/] [https://archive.today/xBrcJ]
* "Pull Yourself Up by Your Bread Bags; The rules are stacked against most of us" (2015-01-28) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/01/28/pull-yourself-your-bread-bags] [https://archive.today/SAr8w]
* "Conservative Scold Ken Starr Got a Billionaire Pedophile Off" (2015-01-30) [http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/30/conservative-scold-ken-starr-got-a-billionaire-pedophile-off.html] [https://archive.today/pN4jH] [begin excerpt]: Many believe Jeffrey Epstein could have been jailed for life for violating scores of underage girls, but Ken Starr and the rest of his legal team got him a deal.
* "Rep to Staff: Ask Muslim Visitors to Pledge Allegiance" (2015-01-29) [http://www.texastribune.org/2015/01/29/rep-staff-ask-muslim-visitors-pledge-allegiance/] [https://archive.today/MIQ5R]. White American Christian Nationalists attack Citizens of the Muslim faith. Texas State Representative orders her office to force any visitor of the Muslim faith to Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the USA and to the flag of a foreign government that engages in anti-Muslim death-squad activities.
SAY NO TO THE #HOODIEBANBILL
To: The OKLAHOMA STATE SENATE
Oklahoma State Senators: Reject SB 13, which would make it illegal to wear hooded-clothing in public places. Why is this important?
SB 13 is problematic for several reasons:
1) It further criminalizes Black youth by targeting what they wear
2) It intensifies a culture of hostility between law enforcement and Black communities, whereby Black folks are disproportionately targeted, harmed, and killed by police violence
3) It curtails constitutionally-protected free expression rights
4) Lastly, it doesn't include political protest as one of its exceptions
At Million Hoodies, we use hoodies strategically for protest around the country. This #HoodieBanBill would not only make it more difficult for us to carry out such protests in the future, but it also reinforces a culture of hostility and discrimination by unjustly targeting harmless fashions associated with Black folks.
Join us in demanding that the Oklahoma Senate reject this harmful and unjust #HoodieBanBill!
* "Right-Wing Terror on the Rise" (2011) [https://archive.today/efVsn] [begin excerpt]: Unfortunately, racism is alive and well within America, with nearly 50% of Mississippi republicans believing that interracial marriage should be illegal. Again, the answer to why this is isn’t as simple as “Mississippi Republicans are crazy,” or “the Tea Party is crazy,” or the National Alliance, Klu Klux Klan and other neo-fascist groups are “crazy.” The reality is that the United States was (despite its insistence on “liberty” and “democracy”) founded through colonialism and, in turn, has utilized colonialist ideology for the domination of blacks, Amerindians, Latinos and all others considered “non-white.”
This system of stratification based around bogus “racial hierarchies” hawked by the bourgeoisie through religious proclamation and pseudo-science was an essential component to early capitalist construction. It is also essential to the world view of imperialism, which sees no problem with the toiling of peoples all over the globe in sweat shops and in mining minerals for the benefit of the few to the detriment of the many. In the immortal words of Malcom X: “You can’t have capitalism without racism.” This was true of the past and rings true today.
* "NYPD Commissioner Invokes #BlackLivesMatter Protests to Justify New "Anti-Terrorism" Unit" (2015-01-30) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/01/30/nypd-commissioner-invokes-blacklivesmatter-protests-justify-new-anti-terrorism-unit] [https://archive.today/JVmBe]
* "NYPD Commissioner: Because Terrorism And Protests Are Roughly The Same Thing, A New Special Unit Will Handle Both" (2015-02-03) [https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150202/12195129884/nypd-commissioner-because-terrorism-protests-are-roughly-same-thing-new-special-unit-will-handle-both.shtml] [https://archive.today/QApQr]
“Illegal promotion of ethnic solidarity”
* "Teaching Hip Hop Illegally Promotes Ethnic Solidarity, Arizona Official Says" (2015-01-05) [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/05/arizona-hip-hop-illegal_n_6419558.html] [https://archive.today/0GT2z] [begin excerpt]:
Public schools in Tucson, Arizona, illegally promote ethnic solidarity and the overthrow of the U.S. government by teaching Mexican history, Rage Against the Machine lyrics and an explanation of hip hop by rapper KRS-One, the outgoing head of the state Education Department said in a letter released Friday.
The letter to the Tucson school district was the final act in office for John Huppenthal, a conservative former state senator who in 2010 helped pass a law later used to ban a controversial Mexican-American studies program from Tucson schools, arguing that the courses had bred resentment against whites.
Huppenthal, Arizona's superintendent of public instruction since 2012, oversaw the program’s elimination. He now says “culturally relevant courses” that a federal court ordered Tucson to offer as part of an agreement to resolve a decades-long desegregation lawsuit also violate the state law.
A separate course on U.S. history from the Mexican-American perspective violates the law’s ban on promoting the overthrow of the U.S. government by teaching the Rage Against the Machine song “Take the Power Back,” the letter says. Ironically, the song is an anthem to the cause of ethnic studies. The lyrics, penned by the band’s Chicano frontman Zack de la Rocha, read in part:
"The present curriculum
I put my fist in ‘em
Eurocentric, every last one of ‘em
See right through the red, white and blue disguise
With lecture I puncture the structure of lies"
* Letter of noncompliance from John Huppenthal (2015-01-02) [https://ia902603.us.archive.org/34/items/LetterOfNoncomplianceFromJohnHuppenthal20150102/Letter%20of%20noncompliance%20from%20John%20Huppenthal%20%282015-01-02%29.pdf]
* "The Secret History of Hurricane Katrina" (2009-08-28) [http://motherjones.com/environment/2009/08/secret-history-hurricane-katrina] [https://web.archive.org/web/20110717190830/http://motherjones.com/environment/2009/08/secret-history-hurricane-katrina]
It started immediately after the storm and flood hit, when civilian aid was scarce—but private security forces already had boots on the ground. Some, like Blackwater (which has since redubbed itself Xe), were under federal contract, while a host of others answered to wealthy residents and businessmen who had departed well before Katrina and needed help protecting their property from the suffering masses left behind. According Jeremy Scahill's reporting in The Nation, Blackwater set up an HQ in downtown New Orleans. Armed as they would be in Iraq, with automatic rifles, guns strapped to legs, and pockets overflowing with ammo, Blackwater contractors drove around in SUVs and unmarked cars with no license plates.
"When asked what authority they were operating under,'' Scahill reported, "one guy said, 'We're on contract with the Department of Homeland Security.' Then, pointing to one of his comrades, he said, 'He was even deputized by the governor of the state of Louisiana. We can make arrests and use lethal force if we deem it necessary.' The man then held up the gold Louisiana law enforcement badge he wore around his neck.''
The Blackwater operators described their mission in New Orleans as "securing neighborhoods," as if they were talking about Sadr City. When National Guard troops descended on the city, the Army Times described their role as fighting "the insurgency in the city." Brigadier Gen. Gary Jones, who commanded the Louisiana National Guard's Joint Task Force, told the paper, "This place is going to look like Little Somalia. We're going to go out and take this city back. This will be a combat operation to get this city under control."
Malik Rahim, a Vietnam veteran and longtime community activist, was one of the organizers of the Common Ground Collective, which quickly began dispensing basic aid and medical care in the first days after the hurricane. But far from aiding the relief workers, Rahim told me this week, the police and troops who began patrolling the streets treated them as criminals or "insurgents." African American men caught outside also ran the risk of crossing paths with roving vigilante patrols who shot at will, he says. In this dangerous environment, Common Ground began to rely on white volunteers to move through a city that had simply become too perilous for blacks.
In July, the local television station WDSU released a home video, taken shortly after the storm hit, of a local man, Paul Gleason, who bragged to two police officers about shooting looters in the Algiers section of New Orleans.
"Did you have any problems with looters," [sic] asked an officer.
"Not anymore," said Gleason.
"They're all dead," said Gleason.
The officer asked, "What happened?"
"We shot them," said Gleason.
"How many did you shoot?
"Thirty-eight people? What did you do with the bodies?"
"We gave them to the Coast Guard," said Gleason.
Gleason told his story with a cup of red wine in one hand and riding a tractor from Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World.
Although the government's aid efforts were in chaos, those involved in the self-generated community rescue and relief efforts were often seen as a threat. Even so, Common Ground, founded in the days after Katrina hit, eventually managed to serve more than half a million people, operating feeding stations, opening free health and legal clinics, and later rebuilding homes and planting trees. But they "never got a dime" from the federal government, says Rahim. The feds did, however, recruit one of Common Ground's founders, Brandon Darby, as an informant, later using him to infiltrate groups planning actions at the 2008 Republican National Convention.
And while the government couldn't seem to keep people from dying on rooftops or abandoned highways, it wasted no time building a temporary jail in New Orleans.
Burl Cain, the warden of the notorious Angola Prison, a former slave plantation that's now home to 5,000 inmates, was rushed down to the city to oversee "Camp Greyhound" in the city's bus terminal. According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the jail "was constructed by inmates from Angola and Dixon state prisons and was outfitted with everything a stranded law enforcer could want, including top-of-the-line recreational vehicles to live in and electrical power, courtesy of a yellow Amtrak locomotive.
Through all the time that the federal and local governments, in concert with wealthy New Orleanians, were pitching their battle, there was virtually no one fighting on the other side. [end excerpt]
* "How Israeli High-Tech Firms Are Turning the U.S.-Mexico Border into a New Kind of Hell; U.S. borderlands are laboratories for nightmarish innovations" (2015-01-25) [http://www.alternet.org/world/how-israeli-high-tech-firms-are-turning-us-mexico-border-new-kind-hell] [https://archive.today/CA0Fu]
* "Electronic Harassment, Stalking and Surveillance: Florida State University Shooter Myron May’s Last Words Says He Was 'Targeted Individual' " (2015-01-28) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/electronic-harassment-stalking-and-surveillance-florida-state-university-shooter-myron-mays-last-words/5427785] [https://archive.today/rvJ87]
Weapons for a New World Order
Bombs, whether conventional or nuclear, can be used by clandestine agencies for a variaty of operations, including blackmail.
* "CIA tested 25 bombs before helping Mossad kill top Hezbollah figure – report" (2015-01-31) [http://rt.com/news/228151-cia-mossad-hezbollah-killing/] [https://archive.today/uLkMc] [begin excerpt]: The US helped Mossad assassinate a top Hezbollah figure in Syria in 2008 by lending bomb expertise and surveillance on the ground, Washington Post reported. The joint operation marked CIA’s post-9/11 drift toward modern-day drone killings. The bomb itself was reportedly built by Americans after a series of testing at a CIA facility in North Carolina. The charge was shaped to ensure that no collateral damage would happen – a pledge that the agency allegedly made to US lawmakers during a secret briefing in the lead-up to the operation. [end excerpt]
* "Elite US troops trained to use backpack nukes" (2014-02-11) [http://rt.com/usa/us-troops-backpack-nukes-578/] [https://archive.today/GY2K7] [begin excerpt]: In a detailed report by Foreign Policy, the publication chronicles the creation of the Special Atomic Demolition Munition (SAMD), a portable nuclear weapon that could be carried into battlefield by a single solider. During the Cold War’s final 25 years, Navy SEALs and Army Special Forces were trained to carry these “backpack nukes” beyond enemy lines where, if necessary, they'd be used to destroy valuable infrastructure and keep opposing forces at bay. More powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, though, the SAMD was no laughing matter. US forces would be subjected to eight to 12 hours of training a day when it came to using the device, and in some cases troops would parachute out of planes with the SAMD dangling below them in a protective case, dive underwater with it in a pressurized case, or, yes, ski down a mountain with bomb attached to them. The SADM program was officially halted in 1989, after the Defense and Energy departments found it to be “obsolete.” [end excerpt]
* "U2 songs that reference nuclear bombs and other horrors" [http://www.allu2songslyrics.com/2011/11/u2-songs-that-reference-nuclear-bombs.html] [https://archive.today/smXSq] [begin excerpt]: Bono said to the NME music magazine in 1983 of the song "There is a line in 'Seconds' about a fanatic assembling a nuclear device in an apartment in Times Square, New York, but it could be anywhere. We are now entering the age of nuclear terrorism where a group of fanatics could have the capabilities of bringing a bomb into a city and holding millions of people to ransom." [end excerpt]
Read the lyrics to "Seconds" by U2 [https://archive.today/yTTxQ]: "In an apartment on Time Square, You can assemble them anywhere. Held to ransom, hell to pay, A revolution everyday. USSR, GDR, London, New York, Peking, It's the puppets, It's the puppets... Who pull the strings."
Imperialist Reparations For Lao People's Democratic Republic!
[https://www.facebook.com/pages/Imperialist-Reparations-For-Laos/419136358240087] [https://archive.today/DBqPy]. In the American War, Laos was the most heavily bombed country per capita ever. We demand U.S. reparations & cleanup of unexploded bombs & Agent Orange. [https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/liberation_news]
* News from Laos PDR [https://laospdrnews.wordpress.com/] [https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lao-Peoples-Democratic-Republic-News/142908279154245]
* Vientiane Times [http://www.vientianetimes.org.la] [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnw8ycr-De-Q6P2votJ_GHQ]
* Laos News (LNTV) in English [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5h9jgxulCm6-tiQ0tdQplQ]
* "Laos Reviews 39 Years of Remarkable Progress" (2015-01-21) video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55WMSRRAid8], press-release [https://laospdrnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/laos-reviews-39-years-of-remarkable-progress/] [https://archive.today/KwRft]
* "People's Republic of China Announces Aid to Laos: Is This Beneficial? Is China Imperialist?" (2013-09) [https://archive.today/CRuTd]
* Lao New Wave Cinema Productions [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuSXLtGgrH_8axluaDP0RNg], Official Teaser- "Vientiane in love" (2014-11-30) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-aaA5PwD0c]
* Phou Iu Travel, Community Based Tourism & Adventure Specialist in Northern of Laos [http://www.phouiu-ecotourism-laos.com], including "7 Days Golden Triangle Trek through Authentic Ethnic Diversity" [https://archive.today/mbOEz], and "Ban Nam Dee Homestay 'Lanten Village' " [https://archive.today/voCxD] with authentic activities including Working in field & garden with a Lanten family, trying out fresh local food with local people, even making a bamboo fish trap!
Updates on the ALBA
* "US Further Isolated as CELAC Rejects Regional Intervention" (2015-01-31) [http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11178] [https://archive.today/dbpQQ] [begin excerpt]: The US is seeing its role in Latin America increasingly challenged, as the 33 member states of CELAC (the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States) vehemently rejected North American intervention in the continent, and particularly the US-led blockade of Cuba and recently enacted sanctions against Venezuela. The comments were part of the "Belen Declaration," approved during the CELAC's third annual presidential summit, held on January 28th and 29th in Belen, Costa Rica.
"We reiterate our most profound rejection of the implementation of all coercive and unilateral measures and once more call on the US to end the economic, commercial and financial blockade which it has imposed on its sister nation for over five decades," reads the 22 page document. The declaration includes 94 different points and is characterised by an emphasis on regional cooperation, social inclusion, the sovereignty and right to self determination of member states, as well as a commitment to tackling poverty and inequality.
"We came with the spirit of the Liberator, Simon Bolivar's men and children, we came with his flag, the flag of unity," said Chavez's successor and current Venezuelan Head of State, Nicolas Maduro, who hailed the document as a "historic" declaration which represents a transcendental moment in the continent's independence. [end excerpt]
* "Venezuela: a Coup in Real Time" (2015-02-02) [http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/02/venezuela-a-coup-in-real-time/] [https://archive.today/JW74k]
* "US Orchestrated Coup Plot in Venezuela? The Insidious Role of Vice President Joe Biden" (2015-02-04) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-orchestrated-coup-plot-in-venezuela-the-insidious-role-of-vice-president-joe-biden/5429488] [https://archive.today/u7JtR]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
The catch-all phrase describing the entities benefiting from the process of world fascism is "The Corporations". But, the phrase is limited by not being specific. After-all, anyone can charter a corporation, but, then again, the world wealth is acquired and exploited by individuals through the corporate legal framework, so the phrase is true, although it is still not specific. What follows is information about the non-governmental agencies who are the specific targets of that phrase...
* "What did Karen Hudes blow the whistle on?" [http://kahudes.net/about-us/] [https://archive.today/4lhnD]
* "World Bank Insider Blows Whistle on Corruption, Federal Reserve" (2013-05-22) [http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/economics/item/15473-world-bank-insider-blows-whistle-on-corruption-federal-reserve] [https://archive.today/9RYsz].
Karen Hudes is a graduate of Yale Law School and she worked in the legal department of the World Bank for more than 20 years. In fact, when she was fired for blowing the whistle on corruption inside the World Bank, she held the position of Senior Counsel. According to Hudes, the elite use a very tight core of financial institutions and mega-corporations to dominate the planet. The goal is control. They want all of us enslaved to debt, they want all of our governments enslaved to debt, and they want all of our politicians addicted to the huge financial contributions that they funnel into their campaigns. Since the elite also own all of the big media companies, the mainstream media never lets us in on the secret that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way that our system works.
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is "the central bank of central banks", chartered in Basel, Switzerland, with branches in Hong Kong and Mexico City, and 58 global central banks as members. The scope of its holdings and global set of financial instruments intended for government, manifests as an anti-democratic economic bureaucracy completely immune from civil laws, acting as directors of a centrally-planned global financial system, according to dictates agreed to at a "Global Economy Meeting" held every two months.
Georgetown University history professor Carroll Quigley, 1966: "[T]he powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations."
A team of researchers at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, Switzerland, studied the relationships between 37 million companies and investors worldwide who altogether account for the vast majority of the world's wealth, and discovered a "super-entity" of 147 companies owned by each-other that controlled 40 per cent of the total world wealth in the network. "In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.
* "The Network of Global Corporate Control" (2011-10-26), a study published in a scientific (not political) peer-reviewed academic publication [http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0025995#s3] [https://archive.today/ZqZj9] [begin excerpt]: The structure of the control network of transnational corporations affects global market competition and financial stability. So far, only small national samples were studied and there was no appropriate methodology to assess control globally. We present the first investigation of the architecture of the international ownership network, along with the computation of the control held by each global player. We find that transnational corporations form a giant bow-tie structure and that a large portion of control flows to a small tightly-knit core of financial institutions. This core can be seen as an economic “super-entity” that raises new important issues both for researchers and policy makers. [end excerpt]
* "Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world" (2011-10) [http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228354.500-revealed--the-capitalist-network-that-runs-the-world.htmL] [https://archive.today/hzmVp] [begin excerpt]:
Yaneer Bar-Yam, head of the New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI), warns that the analysis assumes ownership equates to control, which is not always true. Most company shares are held by fund managers who may or may not control what the companies they part-own actually do. The impact of this on the system's behaviour, he says, requires more analysis.
Crucially, by identifying the architecture of global economic power, the analysis could help make it more stable. By finding the vulnerable aspects of the system, economists can suggest measures to prevent future collapses spreading through the entire economy. Glattfelder says we may need global anti-trust rules, which now exist only at national level, to limit over-connection among TNCs. Sugihara says the analysis suggests one possible solution: firms should be taxed for excess interconnectivity to discourage this risk.
So, the super-entity may not result from conspiracy. The real question, says the Zurich team, is whether it can exert concerted political power. Driffill feels 147 is too many to sustain collusion. Braha suspects they will compete in the market but act together on common interests. Resisting changes to the network structure may be one such common interest. [end excerpt]
View the "map" of the trans-national super-entity, from the study [https://archive.today/zU8Di].
The top 50 of the 147 superconnected companies
1. Barclays plc
2. Capital Group Companies Inc
3. FMR Corporation
5. State Street Corporation
6. JP Morgan Chase & Co
7. Legal & General Group plc
8. Vanguard Group Inc
9. UBS AG
10. Merrill Lynch & Co Inc
11. Wellington Management Co LLP
12. Deutsche Bank AG
13. Franklin Resources Inc
14. Credit Suisse Group
15. Walton Enterprises LLC
16. Bank of New York Mellon Corp
18. Goldman Sachs Group Inc
19. T Rowe Price Group Inc
20. Legg Mason Inc
21. Morgan Stanley
22. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc
23. Northern Trust Corporation
24. Société Générale
25. Bank of America Corporation
26. Lloyds TSB Group plc
27. Invesco plc
28. Allianz SE 29. TIAA
30. Old Mutual Public Limited Company
31. Aviva plc
32. Schroders plc
33. Dodge & Cox
34. Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc*
35. Sun Life Financial Inc
36. Standard Life plc
38. Nomura Holdings Inc
39. The Depository Trust Company
40. Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
41. ING Groep NV
42. Brandes Investment Partners LP
43. Unicredito Italiano SPA
44. Deposit Insurance Corporation of Japan
45. Vereniging Aegon
46. BNP Paribas
47. Affiliated Managers Group Inc
48. Resona Holdings Inc
49. Capital Group International Inc
50. China Petrochemical Group Company
* Lehman still existed in the 2007 dataset used
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Honduras
* "Evidence the DEA Attempted to Alter Testimony on Drug War Massacre in Honduras" (2015-01-26) [http://www.cipamericas.org/archives/14509] [https://archive.today/qfhbG]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Haiti
* "After Quake’s Fifth Anniversary, Political Aftershocks Continue Rocking Haiti" (2015-02-03) [http://haiti-liberte.com/archives/volume8-30/Portrait%20of%20an%20Uprising.asp] [https://archive.today/Yiukb]
* "How Human Rights Can Build Haiti" (2015-02-02) [https://consortiumnews.com/2015/02/02/how-human-rights-can-build-haiti/] [https://archive.today/BM8WU]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: European Union (EU)
* "Eurozone QE Re-ignites Global Currency Wars" (2015-01-28) [http://www.telesurtv.net/english/opinion/Eurozone-QE-Re-ignites-Global-Currency-Wars-20150128-0030.html] [https://archive.today/FTcl5]
Republic of Greece (EU)
* Update on the democratic State Revolution in Greece (2015-02-03) [http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2015/02/update-on-democratic-state-revolution.html]
* "A Greek Morality Tale" (2015-02-03) [http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/greece-eurozone-austerity-reform-by-joseph-e--stiglitz-2015-02] [https://archive.today/CV0Zk]
* "Syriza and the Greek earthquake: a deeper look" (2015-01-30) [http://www.peoplesworld.org/syriza-and-the-greek-earthquake-a-deeper-look/] [https://archive.today/U9rAH]
* "Syriza Official Vows to Kill EU-US Trade Deal as 'Gift to All European People' " (2015-02-02) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/02/syriza-official-vows-kill-eu-us-trade-deal-gift-all-european-people] [https://archive.today/aC7un]
* "Austerity Linked to 30-Year High in Greek Suicides: Study" (2015-02-03) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/03/austerity-linked-30-year-high-greek-suicides-study] [https://archive.today/HTzv2]
* "The debt write-off behind Germany's 'economic miracle' " (2015-01-30) [http://www.france24.com/en/20150129-london-agreement-1953-debt-write-germany-economic-miracle-greece-austerity/] [https://archive.today/7aDUQ] [begin excerpt]: Six decades ago, an agreement to cancel half of postwar Germany's debt helped foster a prolonged period of prosperity in the war-torn continent. The new government in Athens says Greece – and Europe – now need a similar deal. [end excerpt]
* "Russia might bailout Greece – finance minister" (2015-01-30) [http://rt.com/business/227751-russia-greece-financial-aid/] [https://archive.today/r1xyY]
* "Majority of Greeks Approve Russia's Leadership Over EU's" (2015-02-03) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150203/1017724694.html] [https://archive.today/H5fLQ]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: State of Israel
Terrorism in the UKGB by adherents to the ideology of the State of Israel
* "Rabbi's car firebombed in Manchester after anti-Israel comments" (2014-09-27) [http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/noone-harmed-in-arson-attack-on-antiisrael-orthodox-rabbis-car-9749404.html] [https://archive.today/DhD3N]
* History of this type of political terrorism in the former British Empire [https://archive.today/EsMR7]
* "Medical Neglect in Israel’s Gulag. Conditions for Palestinians in Israeli Prisons" (2015-02-04) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/medical-neglect-in-israels-gulag-conditions-for-palestinians-in-israeli-prisons/5429130] [https://archive.today/QS8UN]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of France (EU)
GENERAL UNION OF WORKERS OF GUADELOUPE (UGTG)
Elie DOMOTA, Secretary General, UGTG
29 December 2014
To the workers’ and democratic organizations the world over,
To the International Committee Against Repression (CICR):
We are a few days from 2015, so please allow me, on behalf of the General Union of Workers of Guadeloupe (UGTG), to present to you our best wishes for successful struggles in the new year against oppression, domination, injustice and repression -- with the unity and solidarity of workers and peoples.
Worldwide, workers and peoples are suffering -- but at the same time they are fighting to defend their fundamental freedoms. They must, in turn, face fierce repression that particularly affects union activists who refuse to kowtow to the dictates of the State and the employers.
This is the case in Guadeloupe, where UGTG activists continue to fight against the political, economic, social and cultural domination and have to confront the Hollande government that is pursuing the same repressive policies as his predecessor.
Yes, the UGTG has chosen to fight for the construction of another Guadeloupe – one rid of capitalist and colonialist domination. In this sense, it is first in line to oppose the undermining of rights, freedoms and social guarantees.
It is in this context that our comrade Charly LENDO has been summoned before the Criminal Court of Pointe-à-Pitre on Tuesday, 20 January 2015.
Through this new trial, the aimed pursued by the public powers and management is to silence and terrorize union activists to better strip the workers and people of Guadeloupe of their rights and conquests.
Charly LENDO, former Deputy Secretary General of the UGTG, has been charged with indirect involuntary manslaughter. He is being held responsible for the accidental death of a young motorcyclist that occurred in February 2009 as part of the mobilization of the LKP. The aim is to criminalize trade union activity and to demonize those who struggle. Things must be stated clearly: They want to silence the UGTG by any means.
Ever since the LKP movement of 2009, more than 100 UGTG union activists have been summoned before the courts for no other reason than they were exercising their union mandate. In relation to the employed population of France, this would correspond to 15,000 union activists summoned to appear before the courts. Even lawyers defending trade unionists have been pressured to prevent them from exercising their profession.
Through Charly LENDO it is the entire UGTG that is being targeted. The aim of the powers-that-be is criminalize and demonize trade union activity. What is under assault is the right of every person to raise demands and to organize and fight for those demands. What are threatened are our very basic trade union freedoms.
In Guadeloupe, the employers, supported by the State, are attacking the social gains of the workers and the broad masses. They are undermining social gains and trade union representation, as such. They are trampling on the Sunday day of rest and the regulation of night work. They are refusing to negotiate by professional branch. They are undermining the minimum wage, the 35-hour workweek, and our public holidays -- all in the name of economic growth.
In fact, they are pursuing this course to destroy all the regulations that protect workers -- especially the most vulnerable, on behalf of the almighty profits, in the name of the laws of the “free market.”
We will not let them get away with it. We are resisting. We are standing up for our rights, and we know that we are not alone. If the French government and employers believe we are tired and isolated, they are sadly mistaken.
The many statements of support that you have sent to us, and the main letters that you have addressed to the French government demanding justice for our members, encourage us to continue the struggle for the defense of fundamental freedoms. There are dozens of trade union organizations, representing tens of thousands of workers all around the world, who have expressed their solidarity by demanding of the French government that it drop all charges against Charly LENDO.
On 14 January 2015, a solidarity rally to demand that all charges be dropped against Charly LENDO and that all anti-union repression be stopped immediately will be held at the Labour Exchange (Bourse du Travail) in Paris, at the initiative of the International Committee Against Repression (CICR, in its French acronym). Two leaders of the UGTG -- Maite HUBERT and Ruddy TESSIER -- will participate alongside French union leaders and activists of the International Liaison Committee of Workers and Peoples (ILC).
We cannot stress this enough: The trial on 20 January 2015 is an attempt by the employers and the State to muzzle dissent and to terrorize union activists to better strip the workers and people of Guadeloupe of their rights.
We are thus appealing for your support and solidarity in the name of working class solidarity, in the name of democracy, and on behalf of the workers in Guadeloupe and their unions, which are fighting for their legitimate demands and rights.
We know that we can count on your support and solidarity, in the manner that you consider most appropriate, so that we can obtain the dropping of all charges against Charly LENDO and so that we can put a halt to anti-union repression in Guadeloupe.
Long live the solidarity of workers and peoples! Long live international solidarity!
Please send a copy of your protest and solidarity messages to:
UGTG / General Union of Workers of Guadeloupe
1, Rue Paul LACAVE
* "France: an 8-year-old child at the police station for 'glorifying terrorism' ", 2015-01-28 by Sylvain Mouillard for "Libération" newspaper [http://www.liberation.fr/societe/2015/01/28/un-enfant-de-8-ans-au-commissariat-pour-apologie-du-terrorisme_1190778] [https://archive.today/dT9Mw], translated into English by Jenny Bright of Tlaxcala News [http://tlaxcala-int.blogspot.fr/2015/02/france-8-year-old-child-at-police.html] [https://archive.today/gsNGQ] [begin excerpt]: A school director has filed a complaint against the father of a fourth grader. He is also supposed to have inflicted “bullying” onto the schoolboy, according to the family lawyer.
January 8th, 2015, the day after the killing at Charlie Hebdo. In a primary school in Nice, fourth grade pupils discuss the tragedy with their schoolteacher. "Are you Charlie?", he asks them. Ahmed, aged 8, says no. Why not? "Because they caricatured the Prophet. I am with the terrorists." The teacher alerts the school headmaster, who decides to summon the boy, and then his parents, who reason with their offspring. But he does not stop there. On January 21st, the head of the school, which is located in the south of the city, lodged a complaint at the police station for "glorification of terrorism", according to the lawyer for the family of the child, Mr Sefen Guez Guez.
Contacted Wednesday evening by Libération, the Minister of Education confirmed that a complaint had been filed against the father of the child, who is supposed to have made an "intrusion" into the school premises. And that "an alert had been sent to child protection services."
"From there, the judicial machine is launched," explains to Libération Mr Guez Guez, the lawyer defending Ahmed. Summoned on Wednesday afternoon to the police station in Nice, as part of an unofficial hearing, the child remained there for almost two hours. What next? The lawyer related the events in a series of tweets, under the moniker "IbnSalah" .
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Ukraine
Ukrainian Crisis [http://ukrainiancrisis.net/], newswire about Separatist Crisis and the Russian occupation in Ukraine. Breaking news from independent Ukrainian sources (This site - automatic translator news from Ukraine. All materials belong to their respective owners).
* George Soros asks "Save the new Ukraine" [https://archive.today/48XHd]
* "Who are the 'Friends of Ukraine'?" (2015-02-02) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/02/02/who-are-the-friends-of-ukraine/] [https://archive.today/KkPl5]
* "The Corporate Takeover of Ukrainian Agriculture" (2015-01-28) [http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/01/28/corporate-takeover-ukrainian-agriculture] [https://archive.today/ys9QZ]
* "Lies And Deception In Ukraine’s Energy Sector" (2015-01-26) [http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Lies-And-Deception-In-Ukraines-Energy-Sector.html] [https://archive.today/sjc1E]
* "Ukraine Stiffs China for Billions Owed: China paid Ukraine $3 billion two years ago for grain still not delivered and another $3.6 billion that’s owed to China will also probably default" (2015-01-23) [http://fpif.org/ukraine-stiffs-china-billions-owed/] [https://archive.today/wOikD]
* "Ukraine is plundering its own museums on the way to Europe" (2015-01-28) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/28/ukraine-is-plundering-its-own-museums-on-the-way-to-europe/] [https://archive.today/h9cX7]
Government in western Ukraine is artificially setting the value of its currency to prevent hyper-inflation.
* "Gontareva said that the dollar will be 25 UAH" (2015-02-05) [http://ukrainiancrisis.net/news/7838] [https://archive.today/dl8Gy]
* "Ukraine flirts with declaring martial law and a war on Russia" (2015-01-23) [http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/ukraine-flirts-with-declaring-martial.html] [https://archive.today/pPRwC]
* "Kiev Junta Plans Escalated War" (2015-02-02) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/kiev-junta-plans-escalated-war/5428777] [https://archive.today/vKRSc] [begin excerpt]: On Saturday, Contact Group representatives met in Minsk. Swiss diplomat Heidi Tagliavini represented the OSCE. Russian ambassador to Ukraine, Mikhail Zurabov, represented Moscow. Former President Leonid Kuchma represented Kiev. Donetsk People’s Republic (DRP) parliament Speaker Denis Pushilin and Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) chief negotiator Vladislav Deinego participated. Talks accomplished nothing. Kiev wants war, not peace. Kuchma accused Donbas officials of refusing “to discuss a plan of measures for a quick ceasefire and a pull-back of heavy weapons.” “The Ukrainian side does not accept any ultimatums or preliminary conditions,” he hyperventilated.
Pushilin said Donbas wants constructive dialogue. “Not (Kiev) ultimatums while shelling by their forces is going on…” “Today’s meeting was (not) productive,” he explained. “We have only just managed to exchange our stances.”
LPR leader Igor Plotnitsky said Kiev failed to fulfill its Minsk requirement by failing to appoint official representatives to Saturday’s talks. Kuchma is a private citizen. He showed up with an undated document saying nothing about his authorization to represent Kiev. According to Plotnitsky and Pushilin, doing so “relieved him from responsibility in the event of not fulfilling the agreement.”
Tass reported no future meeting date discussed. Earlier Geneva and Minsk talks accomplished nothing. Kiev violated agreed on terms straightaway.
(2015-02-04) [https://archive.today/aaac8]: The authorities of the Donetsk People’s Republic have proof that the Ukrainian leadership is preparing a provocation against civilians in the vicinity of Debaltsevo shortly before the Munich Security Conference due February 6-8, DPR Defense Ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said Wednesday. "For that, in the near future, artillery fire of a Ukrainian armed forces unit will destroy a bus evacuating civilians from Debaltsevo," Basurin said.
Video with Eng subs: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOFO9ep4mik]
* The head of the Ukrainian defense Ministry Poltorak confirmed the participation of foreign citizens in the fighting on the side of the armed forces of Ukraine. Source in Russian [http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1736218] [https://archive.today/P4Sho]
* "NATO legions in Ukraine" (2015-01-29) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/29/nato-legions-in-ukraine/] [https://archive.today/6N7b3] [begin excerpt]: So essentially, the Foreign Legion is made up of foreigners who are fighting for your country and who are being led by your commanders. But hardly anyone would seriously try to argue that anything like that is happening in Ukraine right now. Not even Jens Stoltenberg, who is not concealing the fact that NATO is providing “practical and political support,” including assistance to the Ukrainian military.
What sort of help is this? Mostly they send military instructors. Even the Americans do not deny that they have military advisers stationed on Ukrainian soil. And they have promised to send more as well.
How should one interpret the fact that a delegation of the US Army Command has been gathering in Kiev the last few days? Political analysts in Kiev are talking about this. There is hope in their voices, because they think the Americans are on their way to help them. Another fact: the commanding general of the US army in Europe, Ben Hodges, was there. And what did he do during his stay? He chatted, handed out some medallions, and told them how to fight. Another fact: the recent video of what happened in Mariupol. What are the British wild geese doing there in Ukrainian army uniforms?
“NATO members are providing Kiev with equipment and gear, and usually no one is trying to hide it. What’s more, the military equipment headed for Ukraine is of Soviet origin. Back in the summer it was announced that NATO had arranged for regular shipments of equipment from Eastern Europe. Officially, all those supplies had been written off the balance sheets long ago, so it’s no financial sacrifice for NATO. In addition, one should not underestimate the fact that the member states of the alliance actively share intelligence with the Ukrainians. The US, for example, carefully monitors the situation in the Donbass using satellites, and shares this information with Kiev. In this sense, of course, the Ukrainian army is fighting in alliance with the NATO bloc,” notes Igor Korotchenko, editor-in-chief of the journal National Defense.
* "US Training for Ukrainian Military Underway" (2015-02-03) [http://sputniknews.com/military/20150203/1017684601.html] [https://archive.today/5Zwam]
* "Italian Newspaper: 173rd US Airborne Brigade Heading to Ukraine to Train Forces" (2015-01-31) [http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c12_1422771621] [https://archive.today/aJr9n]
* "As Ukraine Spirals Again into Violence, US Contemplates Pouring Fuel on Fire; Obama administration considering sending $3 billion in weaponry and military equipment into Ukraine" (2015-02-02) [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/02/ukraine-spirals-again-violence-us-contemplates-pouring-fuel-fire] [https://archive.today/ourHK]
* "Preserving Ukraine’s Independence, Resisting Russian Aggression: What the United States and NATO Must Do" (2015-02-02, the Brookings Institute) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150205012617/http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/reports/2015/02/ukraine%20independence%20russian%20aggression/ukrainereport_february2015_final.pdf]
* "Brookings Wants More Villages Firebombed in Ukraine’s ‘Anti Terrorist Operation’ " (2015-02-02) [http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/02/brookings-wants-villages-firebombed-ukraines-anti-terrorist-operation.html] [https://archive.today/xeoS0]
* "American Troops in Ukraine? You Bet!" (2015-01-29) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/american-troops-in-ukraine-you-bet/5428067] [https://archive.today/HP4jF]
* " 'Out Of My Face Please' - Why Are US Soldiers In Mariupol?" (2015-01-25) [http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-25/out-my-face-please-why-are-us-soldiers-mariupol] [https://archive.today/HJweC]
* "Military-clad English-speakers caught on camera in Mariupol shelling aftermath" (2015-01-25) [http://rt.com/news/226079-ukraine-foreign-military-mariupol/] [https://archive.today/HPzdg]
* "Is the Pentagon Directing Kiev’s War on Donbass?" (2015-01-24) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/is-the-pentagon-directing-kievs-war-on-donbass/5426649] [https://archive.today/INMsV]
* "Donetsk Authorities Claim NATO Ammunition Found in Ukraine" (2015-02-03) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150203/1017703053.html] [https://archive.today/tAkEZ]
* An example of pro-Israel partisanship in the private armaments industry of western Ukraine, [https://archive.today/dhNHm]
* "Lithuania helps Kiev genocide and supplying weapons" (2015-02-05) [https://archive.today/0TJuq], translated from the Russian:
Juozas Olekas, Minister of Defense of the Republic of Lithuania, said that at the request of the Ukrainian authorities handed Lithuania armed forces of Ukraine elements of weapons, according to the News-front. According Olekas, Lithuania has provided humanitarian assistance to Ukraine, takes care of the Ukrainian military, as well as in response to "its promise" to provide Ukraine with elements of service. US refused to Ukraine in supplying deadly weapons. The head of the Lithuanian Ministry of Defense did not specify what type, kind and how much Ukraine was adopted recommending seek answers to these questions to the Ukrainian military.
* "Russia has 9,000 troops in Ukraine, Poroshenko tells Davos forum" (2015-01-21) [http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/21/us-ukraine-crisis-davos-poroshenko-idUSKBN0KU1TX20150121] [https://archive.today/qVVQe]
* "Donetsk: An American Glance, search for Russian army" (2014-11-12)[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV1dHMEft8k]: Miguel Francis – an American journalist has traveled to Donetsk (former south-eastern Ukraine) to take a look for himself who Ukrainian army is fighting against. Kiev claims presence of Russian troops in Donetsk, Miguel has tried to find proof of that claim.
* "Ukrainian Government: “No Russian Troops Are Fighting Against Us”. Sanctions against Russia based on Falsehoods" (2015-01-31) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/ukrainian-government-no-russian-troops-are-fighting-against-us-sanctions-against-russia-based-on-falshoods/5428523] [https://archive.today/UdwEm]
* "Kiev Regime Confirms that Russian Invasion of Ukraine is a Hoax!" (2015-01-29) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/kiev-regime-confirms-that-russian-invasion-of-ukraine-is-a-hoax/5428190] [https://archive.today/9heun] [begin excerpt]:
This latest admission came twice today. Once by inference and the other a direct admission from Ukrainian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Victor Muzhenko. During a briefing with Muzhenko announced [https://archive.today/ykVHL] “To date, we have only the involvement of some members of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and Russian citizens [volunteers] that are part of illegal armed groups [Donbass militia] involved in the fighting. We are not fighting with the regular Russian Army. We have enough forces and means in order to inflict a final defeat even with illegal armed formation present."
What about the 37 Russian Invasions Last Year?
From [https://archive.today/jqWtH]: November 6th, in an interview with Gromadske.TV, Markian Lubkivsky, the adviser to the head of the SBU (the Ukrainian version of the CIA) stated there are NO RUSSIAN TROOPS ON UKRANIAN SOIL! This unexpected announcement came as he fumbled with reporters’ questions on the subject. According to his statement, he said the SBU counted about 5000 Russian nationals, but not Russian soldiers in Donetsk and Lugansk Peoples Republics.
He further clarified that there were no organized Russian units in Donbass. The SBU thinks there are representatives of the Russian FSB (Russian CIA) and mentors who provide training and organization that grew the Novorussia army quickly in its fight with Ukraine. He went on further to state that the SBU estimates the armies of Donetsk and Lugansk Peoples Republics are about 20-25 thousand strong. [end excerpt]
* "NATO Commander lied claiming 'Russian Invasion of Ukraine" (2015-01-23) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/nato-commander-lied-claiming-possible-russian-invasion-of-ukraine-coming/5426437] [https://archive.today/f2s1u]
Fascism is successfully concealed in the monopolist media of the USA, as in the following example.
* [http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/inside-frontline/tuesday-on-frontline-battle-zones-ukraine-syria/] [https://archive.today/x8z54].
Although censored for the most part, information about "Right Sector" militants in Ukraine is revealed in the article, yet, as a comment mentions, "Interesting piece on Ukraine, but with a really huge flaw. There's absolutely nothing here about the EU's and the US's interventions in Ukraine. After US State Department Official Nuland's phone call in which she dictated the make-up of the new Ukrainian cabinet BEFORE Yanukovich was overthrown, and lots of other little gems testifying to heavy-weight involvement of the EU and US in Maidan Square and other doings, the viewers deserve a more grown-up report. I'd even say this is another piece of what used to be called Cold War propaganda."
* "Ukraine: The Rise of The Right" [http://features.sky.com/ross-kemp-ukraine/] [https://archive.today/PqHDl]
* " 'Social Nationalism': The Ideology of the 'New Ukraine' ” (2015-02-01) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/social-nationalism-the-ideology-of-the-new-ukraine/5428798] [https://archive.today/RPzr4] [begin excerpt]: The ideology of the new, post-coup, Ukraine, is the ideology of its leaders. Above all, Dmitriy Yarosh, the founder of Right Sector, is that; but so too are Andrei Beletsky, the founder of Azov Battalion; and Andriy Parubiy and Oleh Tyahnybok, the co-founders of the “Social Nationalist Party of Ukraine,” [in knowing honor of the original 'National Socialist Party of Germany, otherwise known as the Nazis] the Party which, at the CIA’s urging, changed its name in 2004 to “Freedom” or “Svoboda,” in order to sell it better in the West. All of these leaders are leaders in this new Government, but not at its nominal top, because the U.S. regime doesn’t want the ties of its new Government to Hitler’s Nazi Party to be so obvious to Americans or to Europeans — it would be bad PR. The ideology of this Government was best expressed in 2010 by Andrei Biletsky (Leader of the neo-Nazi Azov Battallion of the National Guard of Ukraine).
The Ukrainian text is here: [https://archive.today/qiIUp]. Here is the translation (an excerpt, please visit Global Reasearch article link for full translation by Eric Zeusse):
Ukrainian Social Nationalism -
The main idea of mystical Social Nationalism is its creation, consisting not of piles of separate individuals united mechanistically into something called “Ukrainian” and the presence of Ukrainian passport, but instead a single National biological organism, which will consist of a new people — a physically, intellectually and spiritually more highly developed people. From the mass of individuals will thus come forth the nation, and the faint start of modern man: Superman.
1. Socialism: On the principle of socialism follows our complete negation of democracy and liberalism, which generate rozbytthya Nation isolated on gray power unit and a crowd of famous personalities (ochlocracy). Instead, we put forward the idea of national solidarity, the natural hierarchy and discipline, as the basis of our new society. Not a “democratic vote” crowd, who can not give councils to their own life, much less to the life of the State, but instead natural selection of the best representatives of the Nation — born-leaders as Ukraine’s leaders.
2. Racism: All our nationalism is nothing — just a castle in the sand — without reliance on the foundation of blood Races. Traditional (postwar, postounivskomu) nationalism has put the cart before the horse – claim that the nation is linguistic, cultural or territorial and economic phenomenon. We certainly do not exclude the value of spiritual, cultural and linguistic factors, as well as territorial patriotism. But our deep conviction is that all this only derivatives from our race, our racial nature. If Ukrainian spirituality, culture and language are unique, it is only because our racial nature is unique. If Ukraine will become paradise on earth, it is only because our Race turned it so.
Accordingly, treatment of our national body should start with racial purification of the Nation.
3. III. Imperialism. We change the slogans ”Independent Ukraine,” “United Ukraine” and “Ukrainians,” by an imperial nation that has a long history. Throughout its existence, the Ukrainians had at least two superpowers – Great Scythia and Kievan Rus. The task of the present generation is to create a Third Empire [a Ukrainian Third Reich] — Great Ukraine. This question, oddly enough, is not so much political as biological. Any living organism in nature seeks to expand, reproduce itself, increase its numbers. This law is universal and Paramecium caudatum, and for the person and for the Nation-Race. Suspension means extinction in nature — death. The slowdown in population growth leads to biological death of Nations, the suspension of political expansion, and decline of the state. Thousands of times we have heard stenannya pseudo-nationalist oppression of us Poles and Moscow, their curses to the empires. Social Nationalism is not so, he says - if we are strong, we take what is ours by right and even more, we will build a superpower empire — Great Ukraine, which is the legal successor of the Scythian and Kiev Russian empires. If we are weak, we place among the conquered peoples dying. As things are in nature! The choice is ours!
* The leader of the regiment "Azov" Andrey Beletsky on the war and the subsequent development of the situation at the east (2015-01-30) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKA0gULhgsg] [https://archive.today/6bqCS], posted at Stepan Ukrainian video channel [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwa-IhJNHtSi0OO90kHH8Ig]. Also at the same news channel:
- The soldiers of the regiment "Azov" attacks on dogs Mariupol Kremlin (2015-01-30) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zEMsHosDw]
- The regiment of special purpose "Azov" training. (23.01.2015) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIALuveEa04]
- "Farewell to the Pacific and Byelazom" memorial to fallen soldiers (2014-12-14) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z92faFKbK0]
* US American citizen in uniform of Nazi Battalion Azov in Mariupol
* Euromaidan Junta in Mariupol, Battalion "Azov" with Hitler salute
- Video: [http://youtu.be/C9SOYbN6SMw]
- Photo: [https://archive.today/1gybH]
* "Ukrainian & NATO-backed legion "Azov" Battalion celebrating New Year's Eve with the new "Hero" of Ukraine" (2015-02-03) [https://archive.today/WwI9Y]. The original photo shows a group celebrating and eating dinner (no alcohol appears present), alongside a painting of Hitler provided by a member.
'What do we need this war for?' Ukrainians flee from 100k army draft
With the heavy fighting taking its toll on the Ukrainian army, another military draft is underway - the fourth within less than a year. It's the largest one to date - set to get 100k people into the military. This includes everyone up to the age of 60, with a voluntary mobilization for women. Fleeing the draft some are getting shelter in refugee camps in Russia.
* "The fatal game of mobilization: the stakes grow" (2015-02-02) [http://novorossia.today/the-fatal-game-of-mobilization-the-stakes-grow/] [https://archive.today/2ysv4]
* "Ukrainians against War: Conscripts refuse to fight against their own citizens" (2015-01-29) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/ukrainians-against-war-conscripts-refuse-to-fight-against-their-own-citizens/5428039] [https://archive.today/2Hixx]
* "Western Ukraine Cities Put Into Lockdown as Thousands of Army Reserves Cross Into Russia" (2015-01-30) [https://theother14.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/western-ukraine-cities-put-into-lockdown-as-thousands-of-army-resrves-cross-into-russia-read-more-at-httpwww-liveleak-comviewi363_142258902623pq6e4v4mw70h05-99/] [https://archive.today/1J1PA] [begin excerpt]: Cities across Western Ukraine have put into lock down as government authorities fear the spread of violence that has grown across Ukraine in recent weeks. In recent weeks the has been a series of fire bombings of government offices and attacks for Junta officials property in Kharkiv, Odessa, Kiev, Lviv and other places.
Police, with Interior Ministry Troops and the assistance of volunteer nationalist battalions of the Western Ukrainian city of Ivano-Frankivsk, have set up night patrols and checkpoints in the Western Ukrainian city of Lviv and elsewhere to check for weapons after thousands of Ukraine Army personnel refused to turn up for the 4th national mobilization. Oleg Boyko of the Ukraine General Staff confirmed reports that only 6% or 3 thousand Ukraine Army personal reported for duty in the 4th mobilization with many more thousands of Ukraine Army personnel reported to have crossed into Russia and other countries with fears that they will take weapons with them or join the insurgency now going on around eastern and southern Ukraine.
This was during a meeting of the chief of the Main Directorate of Mobilization Department of Defense and the General Staff of the mobilization plan of the Armed Forces, Oleg Boyko. “At the moment … on the fourth stage partial mobilization at this rate, we have only six percent,” – said Boyko. According to him, during the previous mobilization, this percentage was significantly higher and in some places reached 20%. “During the first stage of the partial mobilization in 2014, we were called for only 20% of the total number of volunteers mobilized. During the second and third stage of mobilization, this figure was up to 10 percent, “- said Boyko. “The biggest problem in mobilization activities in the Transcarpathian region,” – he said. According to him, sometimes people go abroad whole villages. “There is a report of the Chairman of the Kosovo village of the district, according to which the local population has hired two buses and drove them to the Russian Federation. On the border reservists paid for its intersection “, – said the head of mobilization department. [end excerpt]
* "Kiev lies to its own troops, sends them to be slaughtered, Novorossiya clearly winning" (2015-01-21) [http://www.sott.net/article/291632-SOTT-Exclusive-Kiev-lies-to-its-own-troops-sends-them-to-be-slaughtered-Novorossiya-clearly-winning] [https://archive.today/j06kr]
* "Inconvenient Truth: Hackers Reveal True Number of Ukrainian Army Casualties" (2015-01-29) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150129/1017507537.html] [https://archive.today/XhX4g] [begin excerpt]: Ukrainian hacker group CyberBerkut has published documents that reveal a grim picture of Ukraine’s military operation in Donbas – 1,100 soldiers dead over the last two weeks, more than 100 tanks and other military vehicles destroyed, poor discipline and army defection have become the new reality of Ukraine’s war campaign in the country’s east. [end excerpt]
* "Ukraine’s Government Is Losing Its War. Here Is Why!" (2015-01-29) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/29/ukraines-government-is-losing-its-war-here-is-why/] [https://archive.today/39ozg] [begin excerpt]: The Ukrainian news agency RIAN headlined on January 26th,“Mobilization in Dnipropetrovsk Almost Drowned,” and reported, “In Dnipropetrovsk region [which is run by the U.S. White House’s friend, the Ukrainian-Swiss-Israeli billionaire Ihor Kolomoysky, whose longstanding personal mercenary army has, alone, more than 5,000 fighters], thousands of men are hiding from the draft. Enforcement officers recognize that accomplishing their task will be very difficult.” More than 2,000 people there who were drafted “did not show up, they evaporated.” Consequently, the Government is dragooning-in, or “ambushing” (as the article says), virtually anyone who seeks help from the Government, “mobilizing the unemployed” and other “desperate” people. “Military enlistment offices complain” that some draftees are too sick to be able to fight at all. [end excerpt]
* "One to ten is a ratio of militiamen and Ukrainian chasteners’ losses" (2015-02-01) [http://www.worldandwe.com/en/page/one_to_ten_is_a_ratio_of_militiamen_and_ukrainian_chasteners_losses.html] [https://archive.today/bQqva], describing the heavy losses of Ukraine military at the hands of the Novorossiya militias.
* "Azov Commander Freaks Out, Calls the War "Lost", Blames Everybody" (2015-01-26) [http://fortruss.blogspot.de/2015/01/azov-commander-freaks-out-calls-war.html] [https://archive.today/imGIY] [begin excerpt]: Ukrainian politicians and generals “already lost the war,” and “West did not help.” That’s the core of the statement by Azov punitive battalion commander’s, and currently also Rada Deputy’s Andrey Biletsky in his “Address to the Nation” which he published on his official Facebook page. “I don’t want to imitate the tens and hundreds of propagandists and home-front heroes who are trying to calm the Nation down. They are spinning tales of “heroism”, “stabilization” of the front, thousands of supposedly killed enemies and burned out tanks. The wake-up can be very painful. We need to look the truth in the eye. We face a powerful and craven enemy. Who has been long preparing to commit aggression. We have to admit that we used to embarrassingly call the enemy our friend and strategic partner. That we found ourselves unprepared for the confrontation. And even with four months of ‘ceasefire’, did nothing to strengthen own defenses. That during all this time we put our hopes in an abstract ‘maybe’: maybe Russia will calm down if we forget about Crimea; maybe the West will help us, and so on. Russia did not calm down and the West did not help,” notes Biletsky. [end excerpt]
* "DONBASS-INFORMATION: 01.02.2015" (2015-02-01) [https://archive.today/3gRR0] describing Novorossiya Armed Forces (NAF) in battle against Ukraine military (referred to as "Ukie")
* Evening summary of the DPR Defense Ministry as of February 1st, 2015. [https://archive.today/789Jf]
* "Ukrainian forces face drones, electronic jamming: US" (2015-01-29, AFP newswire) [https://archive.today/1Tikf]
* "Ukraine 2nd Day of Heavy Fighting, Kiev Shells Sports Facility Killing Children and ADMITS NO RUSSIAN TROOPS PRESENT" (2014-11-07) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150204232925/http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/Ukraine-2nd-Day-of-Heavy-F-by-George-Eliason-Atrocities_Congress_Genocide_Holocaust-141107-203.html] [begin excerpt]: Yesterday Kiev ramped the war back up with non-stop shelling across the entire front in Donbass. In Donetsk where the shelling has never stopped, two children were killed and 4 wounded at school #63. in Donetsk [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUp0bj77Nj0]. Among others killed in other shelling at Donetsk was a ten year old girl and her grandmother [https://archive.today/HBOVC]. Trying to stay ahead in the propaganda war Kiev is waging, National Security and Defense Council spokesman Andriy Lysenko said an investigation was opened. The Kiev Post once again shows itself as another propaganda organ by combining their statement with Amnesty International. It reads [https://archive.today/qCvGa]: "'The death of two children and the injury of four others from shelling while they were playing football on a school playing field in eastern Ukraine are evidence that both sides in the Donbass conflict ignore their legal obligations and fail to protect civilians,' Amnesty International's Deputy Director for Europe and Central Asia Denis Krivosheev said"
Before being cut off, Ukrainian channel 112, news reporter Roman Hnatiuk reported from the scene that unfortunately it looked like Ukrainian artillery killed the children. He based this on the reported trajectory and eye witnesses. He also noted that locals can't understand why Putin has not come to protect them. That honest reporter was called a Russian sympathizer and will probably faces jail time or execution.
Photo: Ukrainian Channel 112 reporter Roman Hnatiuk- Demand That He Lives! (image by V Kontakte).
The Kiev Post and Western news outlets give the impression that the Novorussia army fired rockets on its own positions and city, the very people they are protecting. It doesn't help the Ukrainian case when their own men post the video of themselves committing the crime and laughing as they fire. Self-dated November 5th, they are firing at Donetsk in the video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDDM7G6L-wE]. This was recorded by Radio 24, a Ukrainian news source showing Kiev's soldiers laughing as they fire and kill the child pictured at the beginning of the article.
At the start of an OSCE investigation into mass graves at Nizhnyaya Krynka, initially about 40 bodies were exhumed. Many were women that were raped, tortured and murdered by Kiev's punisher forces, including Donbas, Aydar, Azov, and Schaktar. The number of victims has risen dramatically since then.
The bodies of over 200 young women have now been dug out of the mass graves. In a nearby dormitory, the punishers never bothered to take down the sign " Babai " (whores) that was hung on two doors before they ran. This indicated where the kidnapped girls were kept, to be found and raped by the soldiers. The girls were then murdered and new ones brought in. There were around 5000 Kiev troops based here. Next to the rape rooms was another door marked "narcotics." This doesn't need much explanation, other than that heavy use is reported among Ukraine's irregular forces from the Maidan protests to the present.
As if the Ukrainian punisher groups needed to push the envelope further to go beyond the pale, they are taking torture to new dimensions. One girl who survived mass rape by Kiev's forces was further sodomized with a can of " expanding construction foam. " The foam expands up to 10 times its mass and forms a hard insulating barrier famous for its adhesion to any surface. They told her she will never be able to have " separatist children. " Today she is in the hospital and may survive her ordeal.
When these groups or some of the Ukrainian National Guard forces take prisoners, torture and murder has generally followed. What I had not brought up except in passing was that when murdered prisoners are found, their pants as shown in this photo are at their ankles (see photo at [https://archive.today/m2Yef]).
It has been confirmed that the Ukrainians are sodomizing war prisoners with spray foam. This causes their lower intestine to burst and the abdominal cavity to be filled with hardening foam. The pain is extreme.
War prisoners are still being dragged behind vehicles until there is little left to recognize they were human.
Ukrainian Militias Are Beheading Hostages … Just Like ISIS
* "Ukrainian Nationalist Volunteers Committing 'ISIS-Style' War Crimes" (2014-09-10) [http://www.newsweek.com/evidence-war-crimes-committed-ukrainian-nationalist-volunteers-grows-269604] [https://archive.today/AbqSF] [begin excerpt]: Groups of right-wing Ukrainian nationalists are committing war crimes in the rebel-held territories of Eastern Ukraine, according to a report from Amnesty International, as evidence emerged in local media of the volunteer militias beheading their victims. Armed volunteers who refer to themselves as the Aidar battalion “have been involved in widespread abuses, including abductions, unlawful detention, ill-treatment, theft, extortion, and possible executions”, Amnesty said. The organisation has also published a report detailing similar alleged atrocities committed by pro-Russian militants, highlighting the brutality of the conflict which has claimed over 3,000 lives.
Amnesty’s statement came before images of what appeared to be the severed heads of two civilians’ started circulating on social media today, identified by Russian news channel NTV as the heads of rebel hostages. Shortly after, Kiev-based news network Pravilnoe TV reported that it had spoken with one of the mothers of the victims who confirmed her son was a rebel, captured during fighting in Donetsk. She said she had received her son’s head in a wooden box in the post, blaming nationalist volunteers for her son’s death. Newsweek has not been able to verify the report independently.
There are over 30 pro-nationalist, volunteer battalions similar to Aidar, such as Ukraina, DND Metinvest and Kiev 1, all funded by private investors. Amnesty’s report, however, indicates Kiev’s loose regulation on volunteer groups and its “members… act with virtually no oversight or control”.
Meanwhile Norwegian channel TV2 presented footage yesterday of the Azov battalion flying flags with the symbols of Ukraine’s neo-Nazi party – Patriot of Ukraine.
The following descriptions of the videos are from "The Inhuman Ukraine Nazis- A More Vile SS" (2014-10-05) [http://www.opednews.com/articles/the-inhuman-ukraine-nazis-by-george-eliason-democracy_donetsk_inhumane-treatment_murder-141005-334.html].
* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfn9Wf0GZ8o] In this video, the person mentioned; Nadezhda Savchenko (Yulia Tymoshenko's choice for a Kiev Senate -Rada seat is currently jailed in Russia for murdering journalists and refugees trying to flee the fighting. The organ trade is also under investigation. Orthodox priests, like the one in the interview are being targeted also.
* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38VbhRHmPE] Kiev is currently being taken to task for breaking all conventions by trading non-involved civilians in prisoner exchanges. Kiev literally takes people off the street to make the prisoner exchange quota. What are they doing with real prisoners of war? At Donetsk airport the bodies of prisoners were recovered after the airport was taken. They were tortured. Their teeth were pulled out. They were killed by being dragged behind a tank.
* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9Tzg6De5k] This video shows the aftermath of the last battles before the peace treaty took effect. Within the group of almost 200 war prisoners are the remnants of the punisher battalions including- Donbass, Dnipr, and Azov. These groups are identified by the body tattoos they all bear. The tattoos are Nazi insignia including: the Ukrainian Trident, Swastikas, and battalion insignia.
* "War Crimes of the Armed Forces and Security Forces of Ukraine: Torture of the Donbass Region Residents" [http://cassad.net/documents/war_eng.pdf]
* "Ukrainian military are shelling refugee convoys" (2015-02-03) [https://archive.today/jdmrx] [begin excerpt]: The information concerning Ukrainian forces opening barrier fire on their own retreating units was confirmed. In the area of Mogila-Ostraya the units of the 169th training center of Ukrainian Army attempted to retreat to the reserve positions. Nevertheless a Ukrainian tank unit opened fire on them, as a result of which seven Ukrainian troopers died. 15 troopers were wounded”, – said the representative of the Ministry of Defense. Ukrainian military deliberately do not let civilians out of the occupied by them localities. “Today at about 13:00 a convoy of cars and two vans attempted to leave Chernukhino along the humanitarian corridor provided by the DPR units. The convoy was shelled from an APC by the National Guards of the Kulchitskiy Battalion and also machine-gun fire was opened. The leading car in the convoy caught fire and got burnt. As a result five people died. The remaining cars had to return to Chernukhino”, – Eduard Basurin said. [end excerpt]
* "UN Says Mariupol attack can be in violation of International Humanitarian Law" (2015-01-25) [http://www.asiatoday.fr/details.php?id=7562&country=Europe] [https://archive.today/tr9TG]
* "Kiev junta war crimes: white phosphorus" [https://archive.today/MnKij]: 1st February 2015, city Donetsk, Donetsk republic. These photos were made in one of hospitals of city Donetsk, and were taken during the change of bandages, dressings recapping. You can see clearly burns caused by white phosphorus on the body of woman. Kiev junta uses white phosphorus against civilians since May 2014. The Ukrainian army haven't shells and bombs with white phosphorus, Kiev junta got those weapon from Israel, the US and the EU. Regimes of these countries and blocs are responsible for the suffering of these people.
* "Kiev junta want to make one big Fallujah from Donetsk and Lugansk republics. (Updated)" (2015-02-04 by Konstantin in the city of Donetsk, Donetsk republic)
Photo was taken from area close to fall of white phosphorus shells [https://archive.today/3TVOA].
"After the shelling of Donetsk by phosphorus shells and possibly by chemical weapons, Donetsk residents began to complain about unusual sharply pungent smell of the air now. To the Kiev today arrived John Kerry, US Secretary of State, as always when the owner comes, Kiev junta commits a new crime against humanity."
Today Kiev junta shelling city Donetsk again by white phosphorus. Kiev junta loose war against people of Donetsk and Lugansk, so they try to destroy and eliminate all that they able to target. Kiev junta using white phosphorus against civilians and forces of Novorossiya from May 2014. Kiev junta hasn't so big amount of shells with white phosphorus, these shells come secretly from Israel and NATO. Kiev junta deliberately creates unsafe ecological situation in the territories, which unable to occupy. Kiev junta is just a puppy, which follow orders from USNATO and Israel. Masters of Kiev junta have big experience in long term murder of civilians by agent "Orange", depleted uranium and white phosphorus. City Fallujah is city of Iraq, where in time of occupation by USNATO people raised up against occupiers. US used white phosphorus against city and killed 30 % of population. In this city now children born with terrible body defects.
- Video from Donetsk [http://instagram.com/p/ysYA8qxW-c/]
- Video: "And now over the Donetsk" [http://instagram.com/p/ysaiASxWy-/]
* "Ukrainian forces targeting residential districts in Donbass — Video report" (2015-01-29) [https://archive.today/at1IM], video at [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCcl60gND7g]: The journalists of Ren-TV got today the first documents proving that residential area of Donbass gets fired not by accident. Although Kiev may claim about some "overshoots" hit a hospital or a kindergarten, on the front line left by Ukrainian soldiers we have found artillery maps, where the targets were restaurants, cafeterias, and shops.
* "Gorlovka endured massed air raid last weekend" (2015-01-22) [https://archive.today/4tfMM], video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4qqupCHCIw]. War reporters for Komsomolskaya Pravda Alexander Kots and Dmitry Steshin visited Gorlovka the next day after massed air raid, in the result of which about 30 people were killed and many got serious injuries.
* "Captured flag of an attacking Ukrainian forces in Donetsk airport" (2014-12-05) [https://archive.today/kOAnu] [begin excerpt]: Ukrainian forces used Donetsk airport to correct their artillery fire on the city of Donetsk from artillery stations in towns of Avdeevka and Peski. Self-defense forces of Donetsk made it their goal to push occupying Ukrainian army from the airport to stop shelling of Donetsk. [end excerpt]
* Fascist Ukraine military is using gas-based weapons, wounding even their own 'elite' soldiers: "Many 'cyborgs' airport Donetsk observed symptoms similar to those resulting from gas attacks" (2015-01-22) [http://ukrainiancrisis.net/news/7304] [https://archive.today/y67sQ]
* "Rada passed control of nuclear installations and nuclear materials to the militants of National Guard" (2015-02-03) [https://archive.today/2oyNc]: The Verkhovna Rada adopted the Law on Amendments to the Law "On the National Guard of Ukraine." It is proposed to entrust the protection of nuclear facilities division to the National Guard. "The order of transmission and disarming of the National Guard of Ukraine of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste and other sources of ionizing radiation of state property, important state facilities, as well as special cargo is approved by Cabinet of Ministers ", - said in a memorandum project developed by deputies and Ivan Sergei Pashinsky Winnick. Famous Ukrainian political analyst Vladimir Kornilov with a great skepticism commented on this law. "To pass under the custody of not particularly controlled by anybody fighters of the National Guard (and I quote): " nuclear facilities, nuclear materials, radioactive waste."
End of Ukraine? The bill proposed by deputies of the main parties in the country, "Popular Front and "Block Poroshenko," was adopted by 269 votes. As you know, representatives of the National Guard now may have free time, according to the same deputy, the Ukrainian National Guard escaped from Debaltseve. In addition, under the same law , the fighters of the National Guard, passed directly under the control of Poroshenko - Poroshenko is pleased to provide the right to appoint the commander of the National Guard. I recall that a year ago when, during the riots in Kiev winter, raging radicals seized the building of the Ministry of Energy. Ukrainian nuclear power plants were transferred to a special protection regime, the SBU has announced, that Ukraine's energy security is under threat. Today, those possessed, were granted again the right of access to all nuclear facilities. Congratulations to all of us.
* "Ukraine's secret weapon: Funding from the country's millionaires" (2014-08-19) [http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/19/business/ukraine-millionaires-funding-the-war/index.html] [https://archive.today/wcuPw]
* "Western Media Reports US Tying Financial Aid to Removal of Oligarchs from Power as Mariupol Government Buildings and Media Seized by Fascists Goes Unreported" (2015-01-01) [https://archive.today/nMoRM] [begin excerpt]
Adrian Karatnycky Director of the US government funded Ukraine in Europe project at the Atlantic Council writing for the Washington Post has outlined the new approach of the US government after the perceived failures of Ukraine project. Karatnycky shows that the US has now woken up to the dangers of neo-fascists groups and corrupt oligarchs and has named them a greater threat to Ukraine them Russian supported separatists. He stated that ‘a new threat is emerging: independently operating warlords and armed groups. Karatnycky noted that the Azov Battalion had announced it had taken over government office and media buildings in Mariupol after the Kiev government stopped funding services and pensions in the city. They were joined by members of the Interior Volunteer Battalions and the oligrach's sponsored battalions. Source [http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-rise-of-warlords-threatens-ukraines-recovery/2014/12/30/a23b2d36-8f7b-11e4-a412-4b735edc7175_story.html] [https://archive.today/ZncSb]. Karartnycky names Interior Minister Arsen Avakov as being responsible for the neo-fascists groups in Ukraine, ‘Instead of reining in these fighters, conducting background checks on their records and reassigning those who pass muster, he instead has offered them new heavy weapons, including tanks and armored personnel carriers, and given them enhanced brigade status.’ He also names Ihor Kolomoyskyy, the governor of Dnipropetrovsk oblast as another target of Poroshenko cleanup ahead of proposing a peace plan with Russian and Seperatists in the east ‘Kolomoyskyy, who played a crucial and widely respected role in stabilizing his East Ukrainian region, is now flouting central authority by interdicting aid convoys headed to the Donbas and permitting brigades he finances to engage in activities that contravene the law.’
* “Kolomoisky is preparing a massive private army for a coup in Kiev” (2015-01-22) [begin excerpt]: Behind the scenes of Ukrainian theater, namely in Dnepropetrovsk, a powerful military formation is in the final stages of preparation. It consists of foreign military battalions, and has a strong skeleton from NATO specialists. Dnepropetrovsk needed time to prepare, and a good smoke screen. We observe the highest activity at all the areas of military-political field of Ukraine, all except for Dnepropetrovsk. It is hot in Donbass, Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa. Even Western Ukraine is heating up. Only Dnepropetrovsk is quiet. As soon as Dnepropetrovsk ripens it will capture the power in Verkhovnaya Rada (Ukraine’s parliament) along with the right to institute a martial law. [end excerpt]
* (2015-01-23) [https://archive.today/f2s1u] [begin excerpt]: Igor Kolomoisky is an Israeli/Ukrainian billionaire-appointed Dnipropetrovsk Oblast governor. Nicknamed Benya. Living in Switzerland. Infamous for using paramilitaries to enforce hostile takeovers of companies he covets.
Forbes magazine earlier said he sent “hired rowdies armed with baseball bats, iron bars, gas and rubber bullet pistols and chainsaws” to forcibly take over a Kremenchuk steel plant in 2006.
He uses “a mix of phony court orders (often involving corrupt judges and/or registrars) and strong-arm tactics” to replace board directors of companies he invests in. Criticized by a judge in a London court case for seeking “to take control of a company at gunpoint in Ukraine.”
Putin once called him “a unique crook.” Russia wants him put on Interpol’s wanted list. On July 2, 2014, a Russian district court authorized his arrest in absentia. For “organizing the killing of civilians.” [end excerpt]
* "Ukraine: Russia-Backed Rebels Overrun Another Town in East" (2015-01-29) [http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/01/29/world/europe/ap-eu-ukraine.html?_r=1] [https://archive.today/maw2A] [begin excerpt]: Since the conflict started in April, it has claimed more than 5,100 lives and displaced more than 900,000 people across the country, according to U.N. estimates. [end excerpt]
* "Another one million civilians may leave Ukraine soon — Ukrainian analyst" (2015-01-30) [http://itar-tass.com/en/world/774561] [https://archive.today/kyyDX] [begin excerpt]: Earlier, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNCHOA) said that more than 1.5 million have become forced migrants due to the conflict in Ukraine. According to the organization’s report, more than 920,000 residents of Donbas have moved to other regions of the country, while another 600,000 resettled to other countries, mostly Russia. [end excerpt]
* "Kiev Junta Plans Escalated War" (2015-02-02) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/kiev-junta-plans-escalated-war/5428777] [https://archive.today/vKRSc] [begin excerpt] Reports indicate about 1.2 million military-aged males fled Ukraine for Russia. According to Moscow’s Federal Migration Service, more than 2.4 million Ukrainians entered Russian territory. Plus hundreds of thousands more to Crimea and Donbas Oblast areas. [end excerpt]
The coal miners near Cabinet of Ministers of Kiev junta demand to recover their rights.
The monopolist media lied about the number of protesters, as thousands of coal miners came to Kiev from across western Ukraine. A year ago, the US/EU mainstream media showed a similar-size crowd and inflated their numbers as "dozens of thousands protesters".
* "Near the Cabinet of Ministers building 500 miners require subsidies to the coal industry" video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98VRl9nZfds], excerpt from original [https://archive.today/uf61b], translated into English and posted at [https://archive.today/fnTgd]: Near the building of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine in Kiev held a meeting of 500 miners who require subsidies to the coal industry, reports RBC-Ukraine. In particular, protesters demand to amend laws and restore social benefits that existed prior to December 1, 2014 for employees and retirees of industry and provide indexation of pensions and salaries. Another requirement is to ensure for coal companies timely payments on "Energy Market" and debt repayment for the consumed coal products.
* "Crowd of several hundred tries to storm Ukrainian presidential administration office" (2015-02-03) [http://itar-tass.com/en/world/775229] [https://archive.today/I91Nu]
* "Fighters 'Aydar' stormed the building of Ministry of Defence of Ukraine" (2014-01-30) [https://archive.today/W4PLx] [begin excerpt translated from the Russian]: Ukrainian Soldiers volunteer battalion "Aydar" tried to storm the checkpoint of the Defense Ministry in Kiev and began to block traffic on Vozduhoflotskomu Avenue. After that, the military tried to break into the territory of the Ministry of Defence through the checkpoint, tearing off its hinges door. However, the soldiers at the checkpoint stopped the illegal entry. [end excerpt]
* "Battalion "Aydar" not disbanded, just the fighters on the documents transferred to another military unit" (2015-01-30) [http://ukrainiancrisis.net/news/7618] [https://archive.today/x4S6N]
* "Bessarabian rebels take Ukrainian patrol hostage and burn call-up papers in the village square" (2015-02-03) [http://fortruss.blogspot.de/2015/02/bessarabian-rebels-take-ukrainian.html] [https://archive.today/HegC6]
* "The children’s hunger strike 'Bread and water for Ukraine!' " (2015-01) [http://republicpilgrim.org/en/news/pilgrim/1187.html] [https://archive.today/J8J4M].
* More about "Republic Pilgrim", the organizers of the children's "hunger strike" [http://republicpilgrim.org/en/news/you-will-be-found/949.html] archived 2015-01-31 [https://archive.today/ehc4m].
* "Ukrainian pastor made orphans starve for Ukraine" (2015-01-29) [http://en.hunternews.ru/?p=168] [https://archive.today/vgwjO].
* The hunger strike against Putin did not garner much media attention [https://archive.today/VB1cp]
"They put up Lenin statues, we put up Nazi statues"...
Stepan Bandera was a self-described fascist who organized among the people of western Ukraine in Poland during the 1930s, employed by Hitler before and during World War 2, and ended up working for the USA while living in Canada. His agenda was to create an ethnically pure jurisdiction for Ukraine, and, with Hitler, proceeded to kill hundreds of thousands of ethnic-Russians during World War 2. Bandera's network is still blamed for making the natural famine of 1932 worse through guerrilla sabotage campaign against agriculture facilities owned by the Socialist Republic of Ukraine, under the theory that by starving the population they would rebel and install a fascist government ruled by him, a campaign that helped kill almost 10 million Ukrainians, mostly ethnic-Russians in the Novorossiya region. Today, he is revered by fascists across the Ukraine primarily for his work during World War 2 in creating a "pure" Ukraine.
Vladimir Lenin, also of the Ukraine, is revered and has had statues recently installed throughout the previous decade across the Ukraine through the efforts and donations of thousands of admirers of Lenin's work in establishing socialism. Many of these statues have been torn down by adherents to Bandera's legacy beginning a couple years ago. Lenin is held in high esteem and his statues were not taken down, but were protected by the capitalist Republic of Ukraine since 1991. But, 20 years later, foreign-financed militants began a propaganda campaign in favor of fascism, and implemented actions against "leftists" and ethnic Russians. Photo shows a rally at Lenin Plaza in Donetsk, 2014.
* "Stunning map reveals 100 statues of Lenin have been toppled in Ukraine" (2014-02-25) [https://archive.today/iFjBK]
* "Clashes in Ukraine: historical statues destroyed while Nazi symbols remain" (2014-02-27) [https://archive.today/NW9Wy]
* "Ukrainians just pulled down a massive Lenin statue" (2014-09-29) [https://archive.today/TJ9FD]
* "In Ukraine, when autumn comes, Lenin statues fall" (2014-10-08) [https://archive.today/YXsI6]
* Photo showing celebration by Stepan Bandera’s statue in 2010 upon his receiving the title “Hero of the Ukraine” from the “pro-Western” Ukraine president Victor Yushchenko [https://archive.today/fU0vs]
* Photo showing a monument to Stepan Bandera. Note the elders, who are of the original fascist vanguard who, aided by Hitler, helped kill hundreds of thousands of ethnic-Russians, Poles, and people of Jewish descent during World War 2 [https://archive.today/DUdLp]
* Photos of a Stepan Bandera statues in western Ukraine: (1) [https://archive.today/VLWKP], (2) [https://archive.today/iSKgO]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Republic of Korea
* "In South Korea, Preaching Peace Is Now a Deportable Offense: How one Korean-American woman got tangled up with the South Korean security state after a life-changing visit to the North" (2015-01-26) [http://fpif.org/south-korea-preaching-peace-now-deportable-offense/] [https://archive.today/eFXhO]
* "South Korea’s Infamous National Security Law: Interview with Korean American Shin Eun-mi" (2015-01-28) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/south-koreas-infamous-national-security-law-interview-with-korean-american-shin-eun-mi/5427745] [https://archive.today/FKQbJ] [begin excerpt]:
Shin, the author of A Korean American Housewife Goes to North Korea, a Korean-language travel journal, is back home in California. The entire ordeal, she says, has taken a toll on her physical and emotional health, as she reflects on her recent speaking tour, the South Korean government’s deportation decision, and the kind of response her saga has received in the United States.
[Shin recollects] We started the tour in Seoul on November 19, then went to Gwangju, Daejeon, Daegu, and Iksan. Immediately after the first event in Seoul, there were sensationalized media reports calling the tour a “pro-North concert.” They falsely reported that I had said “North Korea is paradise on earth” and praised North Korea’s “hereditary succession of power,” and they re-broadcast these reports 24/7. It was like McCarthyism in the media.
Right-wing agitators stood outside our events and yelled “Go back to North Korea!” The false media reports continued, and at each stop of our tour, the protests grew more intense. In Daejeon, just two hours before our scheduled event, the owner of the building where we were supposed to hold the event threatened to cut off electricity if we went ahead, so we were forced to cancel the event. But we refused to call off the tour and pushed on, and we were also greeted by many supporters, who braved threats from right-wing agitators to fill the lecture halls.
When we arrived at Iksan, in Jeolla Province, the university where we were scheduled to hold the event changed its mind, and we were forced to move the event to a Catholic church at the last minute. This is where the bomb incident occurred and we were forced to cancel the rest of our tour.
A police investigation later revealed that the media reports about me were false. I am currently in the process of filing a lawsuit against those media outlets.
My father is from a military background, so I received a very thorough anti-Communist education growing up. My earliest memories of hearing about North Korea were through my father’s stories of how he had led his troops all the way to the northern tip of North Korea during the Korean War to crush the North’s People’s Army, and I remember feeling proud that I was the daughter of a war hero. Naturally, growing up, I believed without question that the North Koreans were our enemy.In grade school, we had anti-Communist poster contests in art class. The North Koreans I drew always had devil-like red faces with horns and a tail. I wrote in big letters, “Crush all commies!” I won awards in anti-Communist writing and speech-making contests. I imagined North Koreans as having no human emotion, always carrying guns, and ready to die for their party and country. I imagined children snitching on their parents and their parents being dragged away by the police in the dark.
My trip to North Korea in 2011 completely changed my thoughts about the people of North Korea. Ironically, I eventually became the victim of the NSL, which my grandfather had helped to establish.
When my husband decided on North Korea as the next vacation spot, I had no desire to go with him. So at first I refused. But then I started to develop a curiosity about just how different North Koreans really are from us. So I decided to join him.
There, I realized that the North Koreans are not at all different from us. Parents worry about their children’s education, housewives worry about the dinner menu, and young women worry about marriage, no different from us. They were not at all the warmongering and robotic people that I thought they would be. I discovered that the people in North Korea are very pure and innocent. But North Korea was very poor. So in the preface of my book, I described North Korea as “a poor country where beautiful people live.”
I adopted the North Korean tour guide on our first trip, Seol-gyeong, as my goddaughter. So I returned many times since then to visit my goddaughter.
I had been to South Korea many times since 2012 and given many lectures about my travels to North Korea. In April last year, just six months before the most recent tour, I had done the same speaking tour, organized by the same people. We stopped at even more cities and I gave about 20 lectures without incident. The previous year, in 2013, the Ministry of Unification praised my book and produced a documentary about me. The same media that recently accused me of being “pro-North” had done interviews with me and praised my book.
But suddenly, this time, it was exactly the opposite. Tongil (unification) became jongbuk (pro-North). I don’t understand why the same lecture became so controversial.
[Interviewer asks] At the event at Iksan on December 10, a high school student set off a homemade incendiary device in the middle of your lecture, and two people were seriously injured. Talk about what happened.
[Shin replies] A young man stood up in the middle of my presentation and said, “Isn’t it true that you referred to North Korea as ‘paradise on earth’?” Before I even had a chance to respond, he pulled out a homemade acid bomb from his knapsack and hurled it in my direction. Had a staff person not gotten in the way to block it with his own body, I would have been seriously injured.
The police later found that the assailant had packed other incendiary devices in his knapsack. The police were quick to declare that he had acted alone, but this is doubtful. Several witnesses said they had seen the assailant being dropped off at the church by other people. And when he arrived inside the church, another man, who appeared to have arrived earlier to save a seat for him, got up and gave him his seat, then walked out.
What was strange that day was that when we arrived at the church, I noticed fire trucks lined up by the building. I remember wondering, “What are they doing here?” What shocked me also was that when the bomb went off, an explosives unit was on the scene within minutes. I still wonder if the local authorities had been tipped off in advance about what was about to happen. Prior to that day, the assailant had apparently posted online comments announcing his plan.
There are many unresolved questions about this incident. For example, the police claimed they searched the assailant’s home after the incident. But when organizers of the speaking tour met with the assailant’s parents, they told them that there had been no such search.
What’s even more surprising is that President Park said nothing about the terrorist incident. Instead, she publicly denounced our speaking tour as “pro-North.” The police downgraded the charge against the assailant, then called me in for questioning, and raided Hwang Sun’s home. We were the victims of a terrorist act, but the South Korean police and the Ministry of Justice treated us as if we were the criminals.
[Interviewer asks] Talk about your what happened when the South Korean police and the Ministry of Justice took you in for questioning.
[Shin replies] The police summoned me three times and the Ministry of Justice once. In total, they interrogated me for over 50 hours. I was scheduled to return to the United States on December 12, but they barred me from leaving the country.
The investigation started based on an allegation that my lectures were in violation of the NSL. But it only took them a few hours to realize that there is nothing to substantiate this allegation. So then they focused their investigation on the content of my book and lectures I had given in the United States – which is absurd. I wrote the book and gave those lectures in the United States, so why is it the business of the South Korean government?
They asked about every line in my book, from the preface to the very last page and demanded to know what my intentions were behind each sentence. For example, I had written in my book, “Christ tells us to love our neighbors, and I realized the North Koreans are our true neighbors,” and they wanted to know, “What is the true meaning behind this sentence?” I wrote about cell phone use in North Korea and printed photographs of my trips in the book, and they wanted to know, “Do you really believe these are real?”
They showed me a copy of an email exchange between me and another person in the United States. The Internet server for our emails is based in the United States, so I have no idea how that was in their possession.
At any rate, they found nothing that I had done that was in violation of their NSL. Ultimately, they deported me based on immigration law, which states that a foreigner who acts against the national interest, disturbs the peace, and/or threatens the safety or security of the country may be deported.
[Interviewer asks] Did the U.S. embassy or the State Department get involved?
[Shin replies] As soon as I felt threatened, I contacted the U.S. embassy in Seoul. At first we exchanged emails, but after the bomb incident, I went to the embassy myself and met with a consul there. I explained my situation, but he already knew my story very well. I requested protection, and his response was, “Go to the South Korean police for protection.” I had no communication with the State Department.
[Interviewer asks] You also requested a meeting with President Park, who famously highlighted the advantages of unification in her phrase, “Tongil is dae-bak” (“Unification is a jackpot”), and claims to be pro-unification. Did you get any response from her to your request to meet? If you were granted a meeting with her, what would you actually have said to her?
[Shin replies] No response. If she had agreed to meet with me, I was going to tell her,
“The people of the South and North are not much different. We share the same history and culture through thousands of years. Please move forward for the unification of Korea – for peace and for the people of the Korean peninsula.”
[Interviewer asks] Describe what happened when you arrived at the LA airport upon your return home. How did you think you would be treated within the Korean diaspora community in the United States?
[Shin replies] When I arrived at the airport, it was the same scene as in South Korea. People from my church had come to the airport to welcome me home. And on the other side were right-wing people shouting, “Go back to North Korea!” I was focused on getting out of there quickly, so I only learned later that there was a physical confrontation and the police arrested two right-wing agitators for assault.
[Interviewer asks] Hwang Sun, who appeared with you in the speaking tour, is now under arrest on charges of violating the NSL. The government has taken your book off the recommended list of books and has ordered all libraries to return all copies of the book to the Ministry of Culture. Your thoughts?
[Shin replies] Hwang Sun is the mother of two young children. She poses no flight risk. And since the police have already raided her home and taken everything, there’s no risk that she will destroy evidence. I hope they will allow her to stand trial without being detained.
It was the South Korean government that selected my book for its list of recommended books, and it was the same government that rescinded this decision and announced a recall of my books. I don’t know what to say. I never considered the selection of my book for the government’s list as a matter of personal glory, because I’m not a professional writer. But it does raise a question for me. The content of my book hasn’t changed since the time the government saw fit to put it on the list, so what has changed to make it so controversial?
[Interviewer asks] All this follows on the heels of the controversial dissolution of the opposition Unified Progressive Party and the South Korean government’s frequent use of the NSL to stifle free speech. Can you comment generally on the current political climate in South Korea?
[Shin replies] I don’t know much about South Korean politics. But I do think the dissolution of a political party should be decided by the voters, not by the government. As for the NSL, it surely hinders freedom of speech and expression, which should be guaranteed in a genuinely democratic country.
The Republic of Korea administers the jurisdiction covering southern Korea, and governs without regard for human rights, while allowing for malnutrition and homelessness to be epidemic.
* "The Deadly Face of Development: Struggle Against Evictions in Korea" (2009-002-03) [https://www.indymedia.org/en/2009/02/920422.shtml] [https://archive.today/DfZfR]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and allies
" ‘Empire of Chaos’ in the House (of Saud)" (2015-01-27) [http://rt.com/op-edge/226719-empire-saudi-usa-king-obama/] [https://archive.today/qVeWV] [begin excerpt]: No one in Western corporate media will tell you why US President Barack Obama is hitting Riyadh with a high-powered delegation to “pay his respects” to the new House of Saud potentate, King Salman. Talk about a who’s who – including CIA head John Brennan; General Lloyd Austin, head of US Centcom; Secretary of State John Kerry; leading House Democrat Nancy Pelosi; and even senile Senator John “Bomb Iran” McCain. High-level US financial sources assure this correspondent the trip is all about Obama shoring up the new King’s support for their financial/economic war on Russia as the House of Saud is starting to have second thoughts. The Saudi role in this war has been to come up with the oil price shock – which is hurting not only Russia but also Iran and Venezuela, among others. Besides, the US puppet theoretically in charge in Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, has just visited Saudi Arabia. The House of Saud has absolutely nothing to gain from this undeclared financial/economic war on Russia. The Saudis have already “lost” Yemen and Iraq. Bahrain is held by mercenary troops containing the alienation of the Shia majority. They are freaking out with the possibility of ultimate “enemy” Iran reaching a nuclear deal with His Master’s Voice. They are desperate that “Assad won’t go”. But playing the ‘Empire of Chaos’ game – financial/economic war on Russia - is a game-changer, as in playing with fire. US/EU sanctions, attacks on the oil price and the ruble by giant derivative players as agents, are something way above the Saudi pay grade. The House of Saud swore that they didn’t change their production quota during 2014. But there was an excess supply – and it was brought into the market to help cause the oil price crash, alongside the manipulation by derivatives speculators. Scores of oil analysts still can’t figure out why the House of Saud went after Russia; all reasons are political, not economical (Russian support for Syria and Iran, the Americans agreeing with the strategy, etc.). The fact is Moscow did perceive it as a declaration of economic war by Saudi Arabia. [end excerpt]
* "The Forbidden Truth: Islamic State (ISIS) Recruiter Admits Getting Funds from America" (2015-01-30) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-forbidden-truth-islamic-state-isis-recruiter-admits-getting-funds-from-america/5428253] [https://archive.today/DwpOu]
* "ISIS Mercenary Admits Getting Funds from US" (2015-01-30) [http://journal-neo.org/2015/01/30/isis-mercenary-admits-getting-funds-from-us/] [https://archive.today/KHY0X]
* "Israel Supports Syrian Al Qaeda Rebels including the Islamic State (ISIS). UN Report" (2015-02-04, International Business Times) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/un-report-israel-supports-syrian-al-qaeda-rebels-including-the-islamic-state-isis/5429363] [https://archive.today/nDrc2]
* "Distorting the story of Syria’s Heritage destruction" (2015-0) [http://www.crescent-online.net/2015/02/distorting-the-story-of-syrias-heritage-destruction-eva-bartlett-4815-articles.html] [https://archive.today/68wdU]
* "What’s The Story Behind These ISIL coins" (2014-11-14) [http://www.syrianews.cc/whats-story-behind-isil-coins/] [https://archive.today/09TkO] [begin excerpt]:
ISIL issued on Thursday a statement discussing that this “currency”’s aim is to stay away from the “tyrant’s financial system.” The group also said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency’s exchange rate, and where it can be found. The currency will include seven coins: two gold, three silver and two copper. The move is “purely dedicated to God” and will remove Muslims from the “global economic system that is based on satanic usury,” the terrorist group stated. [end excerpt]
* "Islamic State announces its own currency" (2014-11-14) [http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11230324/Islamic-State-announces-its-own-currency.html] [https://archive.today/Bdujf]
* "ISIL, Coins, and the Caliphate: Banking on Idealism" (2014-12-03) [http://www.juancole.com/2014/12/caliphate-banking-idealism.html] [https://archive.today/LcTyc]
Updates on the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), & the Eurasian Union (EEU)
SCO Map showing the jurisdictions of member governments:
Green are full members, light blue are observer members, dark blue are dialogue partners
* "The Multipolar Network-Centric Policy Of The Eurasian Union" (2014-12-26) [http://orientalreview.org/2014/12/26/the-multipolar-network-centric-policy-of-the-eurasian-union/] [https://archive.today/B6dRf]
* "Russia and China: Watch Out Moody’s, Here We Come!" (2015-01-22) [http://nsnbc.me/2015/01/22/russia-and-china-watch-out-moodys-here-we-come] [https://archive.today/Y6q3P] [begin excerpt]:
The New York credit rating agencies, previously primarily rating US corporate bonds, expanded into the new foreign debt markets as the largest and only established rating agencies in the new phase of dollarization and globalization of capital markets. They set up branches in Germany, France, Japan, Mexico, Argentina and other emerging markets much like the US Big Five accounting firms.
During the 1980s the rating agencies played a key role in down-rating the debt of the Latin American debtor countries such as Mexico and Argentina. Their ratings determined if the debtor countries could borrow or not. Financial market insiders in London and New York openly spoke of the “political” rating agencies using their de facto monopoly to advance the agenda of Wall Street and the Dollar System behind it.
Then in the 1990’s, the New York rating agencies played a decisive role in spreading the “Asia Crisis” of 1997-98. With the precise timing of its downgrades they could worsen the panic because they had been suspiciously silent right up until the first sign of crisis. The result was that the then-Asian “Tiger” economies of Thailand, South Korea and Indonesia for the first time were forced to submit to destructive IMF conditionalities, whose ultimate result was a massive export of capital from Asia into the US dollar bonds that created the “Clinton” prosperity. Before the 1997-98 Asia Crisis, dollars were flooding into the Tiger economies to invest. After it, some $200 billion a year according to a Bank for International Settlements estimate, flowed in the reverse direction into US Treasury bonds, pushing US interest rates way down and feeding the dot.com stock bubble.
Curiously, when it came to its own backyard, such as with rating the Texas energy giant Enron in 2001, the largest postwar US corporate bankruptcy, the rating agencies were strangely blind. They gave Enron best ratings right up to the last minute. Moody’s and friends did the same with their ratings of “sub-prime” US real estate bonds—so-called Mortgage-backed securities in the first seven years of the new century. They gave out the highest AAA ratings right up to the outbreak of the panic in March 2007. They did so even though signs of crisis were everywhere in what was a brazen conflict of interest, as the Wall Street mortgage bond issuers themselves, under the bizarre rules of the US rating game, paid the raters to rate them. The rating agencies were earning a new windfall in profits by rating the new asset-backed securities and had no interest in “taking away the punchbowl just when the party was really getting hot.” Nor did Alan Greenspan at the Fed for that matter.
Notably, until the present, the Big Three US rating agencies have been virtually unregulated. They need not fear legal action for their ratings, even if politically biased, since the US Supreme Court ruled that ratings were simply an expression of the agencies’ informed opinions, protected as “free speech” under the First Amendment. Only in 2006 was even a pretense of legislation, the deceptively-named Credit Rating Agencies Reform Act of 2006, passed by Congress and had no visible effect deterring the rating agencies. The reform was purely cosmetic to convince the electorate that the Wall Street-owned Congress was doing something to prevent a repeat of the crisis.
In the Greek sovereign debt crisis, just as EU governments were about to finalize a deal to stabilize the Greek government’s bond debt, in April 2010 Standard & Poor’s (S&P), suddenly downgraded Greek state debt by three full levels to “junk” rating, which forced most pension funds around the world to liquidate the bonds, sending Greek interest rates to more than 10%. That rating act created the Euro crisis. It also saved the falling US dollar, the heart of the Wall Street-US Treasury-Federal Reserve Dollar System.
Now the US is trying to use the rating agencies to drive Putin’s Russia to the precipice of sovereign default.
On the eve of Christmas, December 23, 2014 when most of the world was decorating their Christmas tree or buying gifts, Standard & Poor’s, the same rater that triggered the April 2010 Greek crisis, announced there was “at least a 50 percent chance” that Russia will be lowered to junk within 90 days. S&P will issue its rating at end of January they say. On January 12, Fitch, the smallest of the Big Three US raters joined S&P with the same downgrade one notch above junk.Moody’s Investors Service ranked Russia one step higher than S&P and Fitch. In April, as Washington’s US Treasury financial warfare against Russia began, S&P lowered the Russian sovereign debt rating one level in April to BBB-. In short, the New York rating cartel holds a Sword of Damocles over Russia.
Junk rating would force most international pension funds and investment institutes to dump Russian state bonds just as in the Ruble default crisis of 1998, a crisis where US hedge fund billionaire, George Soros played a key nasty role and reportedly made a killing.
Notably, the same Soros today is shouting from the roof tops and in OpEd articles in the major financial media that EU and US and other governments must urgently come to the rescue of Ukraine and not allow a default that would hurt private Ukraine bondholders. Soros is also beating the drums for war against Putin’s Russia.
Unlike the politically impotent EU, however, Russia today is not the Russia of the corrupt Yeltsin era of the late 1990’s. Vladimir Putin and China’s Xi have agreed to create their own international credit rating agency and it plans to open for business this year, 2015.
The Universal Credit Rating Group (UCRG) plans to begin official independent ratigs in 2015 to challenge the Moody’s, S&P and Fitch ratings monopoly, according to RusRating Managing Director, Aleksandr Ovchinnikov.
The new agency will be based in Hong Kong. Interestingly, there is a third equal partner to Russia and China in UCRG. In addition to China’s Dagon Credit Rating Agency, Russia’s RusRating the US-based independent Egan-Jones Ratings is partner in the new UCRG. Each member will hold an equal share in the venture, with an initial investment of $9 million. In effect, three already well-established national independent rating agencies form the new UCRG joint venture. It is a serious challenge to the New York Big Three monopoly.
The UCRG was officially created in June 2013 and has since been finalizing its business structure. Ovchinnikov added that, “When the issue of creating an agency alternative to the ‘Big Three’ was raised, we in fact offered a project that was ready to be launched and was supported by the governments of Russia and China.” He explicitly pointed to the bias of the US Big Three raters to be overly “generous” to US and EU clients while being biased against developing or emerging countries such as the BRICS—Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa.
Now with an independent credit rating agency, a $100 billion BRICS Infrastructure Bank and strategic local currency agreements in place, Russia and China, Brics for Brics, are establishing the architecture to a genuine alternative to the destructive neo-colonial IMF and World Bank and the tyranny of the Wall Street dollar system. The year 2015 will indeed by interesting. Poor Mr. Soros might have to look for another job.
* "Gazprom gets AAA rating from Chinese agency" (2015-01-22) [http://www.oilgasdaily.com/reports/Gazprom_gets_AAA_rating_from_Chinese_agency_999.html] [https://archive.today/DVjuL]
* "Israel And The Multipolar Bag Of TRICs" (2015-01-27) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/27/israel-and-the-multipolar-bag-of-trics/] [https://archive.today/1sWdc] [begin excerpt]: Israel is stereotypically thought of as a country that interacts mainly with the Western unipolar world (reinforced in part due to the country’s own unipolar attitude in the Mideast), but such an image isn’t entirely accurate. Although one may not realize it because of the mainstream media blackout on the topic, the multipolar-oriented states of Turkey, Russia, India, and China (TRICs) have all established closer ties with Israel than meet the untrained eye. The idea underpinning Beijing’s strategy is to find a way to position Israel into its global economic framework. The Silk Road plans can typically be seen as Chinese-supervised multilateral partnerships in strategic regions of the world, but in the case of Israel’s surprise incorporation into this framework, it’s more of a bilateral one due to the absence of any other neighboring partner. China may intend to use the Red-Med corridor to transport not only goods, but also gas, with each going in a different direction. Chinese goods can enter the Israeli market in exchange for Israeli gas (either via LNG rail or pipeline) flowing towards the port for shipment to China. This simple concept – Chinese goods in exchange for Israeli gas – forms the crux of the bilateral relationship, and interestingly enough, it actually has the strong potential for a (shadow) Russian role that would thus make it multilateral. [end excerpt]
* "The Russian-Chinese Strategic Partnership Strikes Israel" (2015-01-27) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/27/the-russian-chinese-strategic-partnership-strikes-israel/] [https://archive.today/j9DTQ] [begin excerpt]: The first thing to understand is that Israel, through the Tamar and Leviathan gas fields, wants to position itself as a non-Russian alternative to natural gas for Europe. It can never conceivably rival Russia, but in this era of economic and political hyper-Russophobia, ideologically indoctrinated Europe is definitely interested in receiving Israeli supplies, however miniscule (8-12 bcm compared to the Old South Stream’s 60 bcm). It envisions the construction of a trilateral Israel-Cyprus-Greece pipeline, fed by Israel’s gigantic Leviathan gas field, that could also involve a link-up with Libya (which has the fourth-largest gas reserves in Africa) via Crete to create a ‘super pipeline’. However, despite the geopolitical attractiveness of this ‘pipe dream’ (pun intended), it may remain a fantasy for years due to its economic unviability and the potential for territorial destabilizations (both maritime and over Cyprus) that could sink the project. Thus, Russia would handle one problem with two solutions – it could cancel out the ‘anti-Russian’ component of any future Israeli-Cypriot-Greek pipeline by co-opting Greece (with China’s help) or it could use the developing Russian-Turkish Strategic Partnership to implicitly support any of Ankara or its North Cypriot proxy’s claims that may indefinitely delay the pipeline’s construction. Looked at from an opposite perspective, it may even be that the Russian-Chinese Strategic Partnership could play a constructive role in resolving Cyprus’ decades-long via each of its members’ relationships with Greece and Turkey respectively, which could then transition the island away from the unipolar world and closer into the embrace of the multipolar one. Either way, such scenarios (which may still be quite a few years away) would ‘clog the pipe’ and make the EU reconsider whether it is worth the hefty investment to surmount the political-legal-economic obstacles and create another potentially Russian-influenced pipeline (especially if Gazprom pulls a surprise and somehow gains influence over its Greek counterpart). [end excerpt]
* "China, Switzerland to announce offshore yuan trading center in Zurich" (2015-01-21) [http://thebricspost.com/china-switzerland-to-announce-offshore-yuan-trading-center-in-zurich] [https://archive.today/wHhJu]
Federation of Russia (EEU, SCO)
Countering the NATO propaganda on Russia (2015-01-22)
pg.1 [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/22/countering-nato-propaganda-on-russia-i/] [https://archive.today/wIpcF]
pg.2 [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/26/countering-the-nato-propaganda-on-russia-ii/] [https://archive.today/mIZXI]
pg.3 [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/29/countering-the-nato-propaganda-on-russia-iii/] [https://archive.today/nNqrv]
* "For Russia's Survival, a Unity of Heritage and History" (2015-01-27) [http://historyandcurrentcontext.blogspot.com/2015/01/for-russias-survival-unity-of-heritage.html]
* "Inquiry into death of Alexander Litvinenko opens in London" (2015-01-31) [http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/01/31/litv-j31.html] [https://archive.today/yuLWZ] [begin excerpt]: Litvinenko had been a lieutenant-colonel in Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB, the successor to the KGB), but had reportedly fallen out with his associates over corruption allegations. In 1998, he charged that the FSB had given him the order to kill Boris Berezovsky, a Russian oligarch and opponent of President Vladimir Putin. Litvinenko was charged with abusing his office and spent nine months on remand before being acquitted. He fled to Britain in 2000 and was granted political asylum.
Berezovsky, who left Russia for the UK at the same time, became Litvinenko’s associate and patron. The oligarch died in suspicious circumstances at his home in March 2013.
Litvinenko went on to accuse the FSB of bombing Moscow apartment blocks and two other cities in 1999, as a pretext for Russia’s second invasion of Chechnya, as well as the 2006 murder of journalist and Putin critic Anna Politkovskaya. A close friend of Chechen separatist leader Akhmed Zakayev, also exiled in London, Litvinenko reportedly converted to Islam shortly before his death.
His killing was greeted with banner headlines, especially after traces of polonium-210 were discovered in hotels that Lugovoi had stayed in during his visit and the two aircraft on which he had travelled.
However, this was followed by damaging revelations that Litvinenko was working for Britain’s MI6 intelligence agency. The government has refused to confirm or deny his involvement but in 2007, the Daily Mail cited intelligence sources claiming that Litvinenko was paid about £2,000 per month for his services and alleged that then MI6 head, Sir John Scarlett, was personally involved in his recruitment. There is also evidence that he worked with Spanish, Italian and Georgian security services.
Union of Novorossiya: People's Republic of Donetsk (DPR or DNR), People's Republic of Lungask (LPR or LNR)
English Language News from Novorossiya:
* Novorossiya Today [Novorossia.today] [Novorossia.today/support-us]
* Free Ukraine Now [FreeUkraineNow.org]
* Ukrainian Crisis Updates [www.UACrisis.com]
Russian Language News from Novorossiya:
Use [Translate.Google.com] to read from the following news sources.
* Novorossiya Information Agency [Novorossia.su]
* ANNA News [ANNA-News.info]
* DNR TV 1 [DNR-tv.ru]
* Donetsk News Agency [DAN-news.info]
* Lugansk Information Center [LUG-info.com/] [editor@) lug-info.com]
* Novorossiya TV [NovorossiaTV.com]
* Novoros Info news [NovorosInform.org], video news [www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9IyrNX2Ios]
* Southeastern Ukraine TODAY video news [www.youtube.com/channel/UCr54j40B2pIYohxANP3aXPg]
* Novo Press [NovoPressa.ru]
* Republic News [Republic.su]
* War in the Donbass [WarInDonbass.ru]
* #NOVOROSSIYA Coordination Center [www.scoop.it/t/novorossiya] [www.facebook.com/Novorossiya.Center] Contact [novorossiya.center@) gmail.com]
* VERBS news [Glagol.su], chief editor Konstantin Dolgov [facebook.com/konstantin.dolgoff]
* Novorossiya Information Agency [Novorossia.su]
* List of Novorossiya video news channels [www.youtube.com/channel/UC5GFWKHnyiqZiZfeu4AEBNg/channels]
The flag of Novorossiya (New Russia) on display in Lenin Square, Donetsk, July 13, 2014. The flag was chosen among many designs put to vote by citizens in Donetsk and Lugansk. It's creators based it on St. Andrew's Cross and a historic Russian naval ensign.
Social Life in the Donbass region of Novorossiya:
* "Moscow Theatre Actors arrive in Donetsk, Novorossiya" (2015-02-01): Actors of Moscow theater “Teatralny Osobnyak” arrived in Novorossiya with humanitarian aid for children living with their families in the building of Donetsk theater. Children have already received gifts and they are very happy. Two performances of Moscow theater also took place in Donetsk tonight. Moscow actors wrote that visitors had cried. In spite of the sounds of cannonade, everyone received lots of positive emotions. Video: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QSfHxIStk4]
* "DNR authorities have begun to create their own mobile operator" (2015-02-05, Donetsk News Agency) [https://archive.today/A4Hti]:
Donetsk People's Republic, Novorossiya -
The DPR authorities have started developing a domestic mobile network operator, DPR Minister of Communications Viktor Yatsenko told a press briefing at the Donetsk News Agency on Thursday.
"The Ministry of Communications has started full-scale work on developing a domestic mobile network operator on the territory of DPR," Yatsenko said. "It will be a national operator. First of all, it will cover the territory of the republic and possibly also territory of the friendly Lugansk People’s Republic," he added.
On Wednesday, Ukrainian mobile network operator Kyivstar issued a statement on discontinuing operations on the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions not controlled by the Kiev authorities.
* "Opening of a new social pharmacy" (2015-02-01) [http://vk.com/battalion_novorossia]:
Deputy HPD "New Russia" Yuri Leonov reported the opening of new social pharmacy for the villagers of Abakumov Lidievka, Staromykhailivka, and Krasnogorovka. The pharmacy is located in pos.Abakumova at ul.Dagestanskaya, 52. Here medications are distributed to pensioners, invalids of I-oh, oh-II, III-rd groups, as well as children under the age of 1 year. You should have a passport and a prescription from a doctor. Admission recipes made on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00 to 15:00. Issuance of drugs is carried out on Fridays and Saturdays.
* "In Lugansk, restored and re-working center Rehabilitation" (2015-02-04, Lugansk Information Center) [https://archive.today/AtfkA]: On the 4th of February, the Lugansk rehabilitation center for people with disabilities resumed its work after a long break due to the war. The center had been heavily damaged, but the Lugansk People's Republic managed to restore it. The center also has a library and a gym.
According to the LPR Minister of Labour and Social Policy Svetlana Malakhova, there are around 4000 disabled people and over 4000 children with disabilities in the territory of the Lugansk People's Republic.
* "Shopping center re-opened at Lugansk, Novorossiya" (2015-02-01) [begin article]:
The Lugansk shopping and entertainment complex resumed its work under a new name “Rus”. Its old name was “Ukraine”.
“We made a decision to rename it. After what residents of Lugansk went through, they are no longer happy with a word «Ukraine». The new name symbolizes our roots and it is not worse than the old one, maybe, it is even much better,” - the Deputy of National Council of the LPR Maxim Derskiy said.
Almost all parts of “Rus” work: bowling, billiards, karaoke and cafes. The exception is cinema halls, just one of the halls work, but it’s a matter of time. The prices are not high; there are discounts for children, pupils and students. One film show will be for free every day. Among the films, which people can watch now, are a Russian comedy “Yolki-1914” and Russian cartoon “Three Bogatyrs. Horse Course”. [end article]
Online stores (Russian language)
* Patriotika [Patriotika.biz] the official store of patriotic symbols of New Russia. Online Store catalog contains a wide range of merchandise for people who consider themselves true patriots of the Russian people and in solidarity with the people of Donbass in the struggle for independence and freedom.
* Novorossiya Online Shop [Novorussia-Shop.ru]
Government in Novorossiya
The Union of Novorossiya is a federation of democratic self-governing institutions, established through a comprehensive democratic election which saw participation in all major cities and local jurisidctions.
* "Donbass has chosen a future without fascism, and thus a future without Kiev" (2014-11-02) [https://archive.today/aL2Jj], machine-translated from the German language, view photos at the link, [begin excerpt]:
Current status quo: Aleksandr Zaharchenko leads with 81.37%. http://lifenews.ru/news/144145
SUCCESS EXPERIENCES OF THE DAY:
Today in Donbass found the elections to the parliaments of the People's Republic of Donetsk and Lugansk. The turnout was more than satisfactory. The people stood queue at the polling stations. Source [http://german.ruvr.ru/news/2014_11_02/Wahler-in-Donezk-stehen-Schlange-3757/] [https://archive.today/Mhz4f].
Because voter had to rush to extend the voting time by as much as two hours Lugansk election management. Source [http://de.ria.ru/politics/20141102/269922038.html] [https://archive.today/ZoYlh].
Until 14:00 clock more than 527,000 voters have already cast their votes. The total number of registered voters in the Donetsk "People's Republic" was 3.2 million. Also international observers were there: The representative of Serbia, the Czech Republic, France, the USA, Greece, Abkhazia South Ossetia and Russia. According to their reports, the vote was very active, as planned, quiet and without major violations. Source [http://german.ruvr.ru/news/2014_11_02/Donezker-Volksrepublik-meldet-hohe-Wahlbeteiligung-2612/] [https://archive.today/vTIXv].
One day before the planned elections in the "People's Republic Donetsk", however, was Donetsk under heavy fire. Artillery bursts and explosions could be heard on Saturday in the center. Also in the area of the airport was shot again. On the night of Saturday, the ceasefire was allegedly part of Ukrainian army violated even 7 times. 4 civilians and 2 militias were injured. Source [http://de.ria.ru/politics/20141101/269919488.html] [https://archive.today/kqrPS].
Among other things, Ukrainian troops have tried to block the roads in the area of entry into the territory of the Republic of Donetsk. In order to prevent voters from participating in the vote.
Source [http://german.ruvr.ru/news/2014_11_02/Kiew-versucht-die-Wahlen-in-der-VRD-zu-vereiteln-6095/] [https://archive.today/S80g7].
Official websites for the Donetsk People's Republic of the Union of Novorossiya:
* Ministry of Coal and Energy [http://mintek-dnr.ru]
* Donetsk People's Council's Press Room [http://dnr-online.ru]
* Donetsk People's Council [http://dnr-sovet.su]
* Ministry of Foreign Affairs [http://mid-dnr.su/ru]
* Ministry of Transport [http://donmintrans.info]
* City of Donetsk [http://gorod-donetsk.com]
* Donetsk People's Republic Commissioner for Human Rights [http://ombudsmandnr.org/ru]
The World Federation of Trade Unions sent an invitation to the members of the LPR Federation of Trade Unions to take part in an international conference of Trade Unions in Brussels on June 1-2, 2015.
* "Labour unions of Lugansk Peoples Republic were invited to international conference in Brussels" (2015-02-03), translated from the original Russian [https://archive.today/IuqQl]:
Labour Unions of Lugansk Peoples Republic were invited to international conference that will take place 1-2 June in Brussels. It was announced at the briefing of Lugansk Information Centre according to the words of state peoples deputy, head of Federation of Labour Unions of Lugansk State Republic Oleg Akimov.
"Last evening we received invitation to international labour unions conference, which will take place initiated by International Federation of Labour Unions 1-2 June in Brussels (Belgium)" - he said.
"Labour unions together with representatives of European Parliament will discuss questions important for all of us. It is embargo, blockade and sanctions, that USA, NATO and EU have imposed and that resulted in blocking of workers' rights" - labour unions leader of LPR has mentioned.
In his opinion the invitation of Labour Unions of Lugansk Peoples Republic to a serious international forum is "another solid step and confirmation that we are heard and our actions have got certain result".
Donetsk People's Republic official websites taken down as of 2015-01-27:
* DNR ISP [http://ispomodnr.ru/]
* "DNR Foreign Ministry statement in connection with the wave of lock-outs against the official websites of DNR government agencies" (2015-01-29) [https://archive.today/EdYHC] [begin excerpt translated from the original Russian language]: Two days ago, on 27 January 2015, private authorities blocked the official website of the Council of Ministers and the National Council of DNI [dnr.today]. Domain of the site was registered abroad - the Austro-American company ICANN, which has refused to make further service. In this regard, the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs DNR moves to a new domain and is available at the following addresses: [mid-dnr.su], [mid-dnr.com], [mid-dnr.ru], and the site of the Ministerial Council [http://dnr-online.ru].
* Statement of the Ministry of Finance (2015-02-03, Donetsk People's Council's Press Room) [http://dnr-online.ru/news/zayavlenie-ministerstva-finansov-dnr/] [https://archive.today/Umkf1] machine-translated into English:
Ukraine imposed a complete economic blockade of the Republic. In such circumstances, our cash inevitably leave the territory and created an artificial shortage of them. This seriously complicates the normal operation of enterprises. There can be problems with the payment of wages. In a particularly difficult situation turned out to be just as pensioners and socially vulnerable segments of the population. Artificial shortage of cash triggered by the actions of the Kiev authorities have an impact on all spheres of our Republic, and the impact on the standard of living of our citizens, who may lose the opportunity to acquire elementary products in the store. Now we are working to stabilize the situation and we will do everything possible to overcome the difficulties. The budget for 2015 was calculated in local currency. But how to ensure its execution, if not even a hint of Ukraine's implementation of its social obligations to our citizens. Today we can say that along with the hryvnia, which remains the main means of payment, can be allowed to access on the territory of the other available to citizens Currency: Pound Sterling, Dollar, Yuan, Yen and Euro.
Humanitarian Aid Convoys for the Donbass region of Novorossiya
* Information from press-releases issued by the Head of the Center for Recovery Management of the Lugansk Council's Emergency Situations Ministry, and articles from the Lugansk Inform Tsentr [https://archive.today/fCeaO].
* Christmas Message from Igor Carpenter, the head of the People's Republic of Lugansk (2015-01-06) [https://archive.today/D1pg4]
* "Column of the Russian Emergencies Ministry has delivered humanitarian aid to Lugansk" (2015-01-08) [https://archive.today/5kXQM]: Gumkonvoy Emergencies Ministry arrived in Lugansk. More than 60 trucks were taken to the capital of LC over 700 tons of humanitarian aid - food, medicine, daily necessities and Christmas gifts for children. After unloading at warehouses Lugansk gumkolonna will move back to the Rostov region. Despite the fact that the movement was held in difficult weather conditions and in certain sections of the track temperature reached minus 27 degrees, all drivers feel fine. In the DNR Emergencies Ministry today also delivered 700 tons of humanitarian aid. PHOTOS - arrival and unloading of humanitarian convoys at "Christmas" Emergencies Ministry convoy arrived in Lugansk [https://archive.today/6nCRt].
* "Lugansk ready to receive humanitarian convoy" (2015-01-08) [https://archive.today/p48cg]
* "Convoys "Christmas" humanitarian convoy crossed the border and headed to the Lugansk and Donetsk" (2015-01-08) [https://archive.today/o0HIt] [begin excerpt]: Earlier, the Emergency Situations Ministry column of more than 120 cars divided into two. In total, the Donbass today will be delivered to more than 1.4 thousand tons of humanitarian aid. Among the goods - food, baby food, medicines, daily necessities and Christmas gifts for children.
"In Donetsk will be delivered to more than 700 tons of humanitarian aid and the same - in Lugansk," - said the representative of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations.
Since mid-August 2014 with ten columns Emergencies Ministry Donbass was delivered 13,400 tons of humanitarian aid. [end excerpt]
* "Kiev Junta Plans Escalated War" (2015-02-02) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/kiev-junta-plans-escalated-war/5428777] [https://archive.today/vKRSc] [begin excerpt] From last August through January, Russia sent 11 humanitarian convoys to Donbas. Delivered about 14,800 tons of vitally need food, medicines, medical equipment and other essential supplies. On January 31, a 12th convoy was dispatched. Carrying 1,500 tons of food, medical supplies, fuel, lubricants and other supplies. Kiev calls humanitarian Russian aid “direct invasion(s)” of Ukrainian territory. Junta officials want Donbas residents starved to death. Russia is the only nation sending essential relief aid. [end excerpt]
* "Moscow Plans to Send Two Humanitarian Convoys to Ukraine This Month" (2015-02-05) [http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150205/1017821255.html] [https://archive.today/pT9p1]: Moscow will send at least two aid convoys to Ukraine on February 8 and 15, officials with Russia’s foreign and emergencies ministries said on Thursday. (Convoys will be sent to Donbass, to be more exact.)
There is a humanitarian catastrophe. People already swollen from hunger. Old people have no strength to get up. Support our struggle for humanitarian Novorossia. 1 kg. pasta - for some it's salvation.
** In the USA, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO HELP THE PEOPLE OF NOVOROSSIYA! **
Since December of 2014, the USA Treasury has sanctioned individuals and certain entities in Donetsk. For a listing of the targeted individuals, carefully read [archive.today/aW305] and [archive.today/uhGlq]. None of the affected targets are listed here. The USA Congress has NOT yet voted on sanctions targeting "the Donbass" [archive.today/9O6A6] as of February 7th, 2015.
HOW TO HELP PEOPLE OF NOVOROSSIYA!
USA Residents are asked to send only non-financial aid:
* Canned food, pasta, dried fruit
* Food and diapers for babies
* Warm Winter clothes
* First Aid supplies, and Medicine
* Personal care products
1) “Novorossiya” Humanitarian Battalion, coordinated by Ekaterina Gubareva.
Their website: [http://gumbat.su/donate]
Social Media (Russia) [http://vk.com/battalion_novorossia]
You can send humanitarian aid by post mail. Address in English:
Malahova Irina Vladimirovna
Address in Russian:
Малахова Ирина Владимировна
2) Foundation for Novorossiya and the Donbass: [spasidonbass.ru/en]
USA Contact, in Philadelphia: 1-888-697-9887
"We thank!", a list of organizations who have sent aid to Novorossiya for distribution with the Foundation for Novorossiya and the Donbass [spasidonbass.ru], as of 2015-01:
* Agricultural holding: 10,000 cans of food for the children of Novorossiya
* Russian Congress of Peoples of the Caucasus: Free meals for children Novorossiya
* DAR-Medical: Free X-ray film for hospitals Novorossiya
* Chuvash Product: 8 tons of flour and cereals for the people of Novorossiya
* Grana: Free meals for the residents of Novorossiya
* Rola: 9 tons of free pasta
Message from the Foundation for Novorossiya and the Donbass [archive.today/cQa7T]:
It just so happened that officially Russia did not want to, or cannot have, a full-fledged humanitarian intervention in Novorossiya. So today, this noble mission, to fundraise for the Donbass and to support Novorossiya, fell on the shoulders of ordinary citizens and public organizations such as our Relief Fund of Novorossiya. Our main task is to provide maximum assistance to the Donbass and delivery of humanitarian goods strictly in the hands of the People's aid networks and medical facilities of Novorossiya, without intermediaries or various political impostors. We guarantee that all the funds acquired are distributed in the areas receiving humanitarian aid, delivered strictly by the responsible hands of those who can rightly be called heroes of Donbass
More Aid Organizations
* International Students Aid to Donbass [polskidonbasu@) gmail.com].
"International students send aid to Donbass; oppose Kiev and U.S.-backed war" [www.fightbacknews.org/2014/12/31/international-students-send-aid-donbass-oppose-kiev-and-us-backed-war] [archive.today/sisKq]
* Children Under Fire, a society of volunteers organized by the film director Alexey Smirnov. [www.podobstrelom.ru/templates/po/eng.html]
Paypal [smirnov.producer@) yandex.ru]
* Photo: Children in Donetsk play with unexploded ordnance dropped on their neighborhood by fascist Ukraine military (2015-01-26) [archive.today/fknFZ]
* EUROPEAN FRONT [VK.com/EuropeanFront] [EuropeanFront.info]
We, the people of Europe could not just look at the suffering of the people of Donbass. Could not tolerate bullying and injustice sitting in a comfortable atmosphere at home on the couch, knowing that people need help. We knew it could not stay away.
- Humanitarian and medical assistance to residents of Donbass.
- Help the children Donbass (Novorossiya).
- Information support for the people of Europe on the situation in the Donbass.
- Our own press center composed of independent, European journalists and correspondents writing and show the real truth about the events in the Donbass (Novorossiya).
"EUROPEAN FRONT", joint with the "Novorossiya" humanitarian battalion [http://vk.com/battalion_novorossia], are organized fundraising and humanitarian aid for the people of Novorossiya in Germany, as well as in other European countries. Humanitarian assistance will be collected for the residents of Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republic of suffering of punitive action and Ukrainian National Guard under severe economic crisis. All assistance which will be collected and provided to, sent to the city of Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republic.
* Yandex Money: 410012376001772
* WebMoney: E683515939590 R187361783486; Z314657053401
* Pay Pal: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Photo Report for July 4th to 7th, 2014 [https://archive.today/RkqCo], report on funds spent [https://archive.today/Pe6A0], Receiving Humanitarian Aid in Germany from European Front France and others pg. 1 [https://archive.today/9dU4U], pg. 2 [https://archive.today/PN6aU].
European Front projects completed during late 2014:
- "EUROPE! OPEN YOUR EYES", a photo exhibition in October in Berlin, Germany, to show the real picture to the people of Europe of what is happening in the Donbas.
- "Ukrainian Agony" video documentary
- Organization of a charity concert in support of the Novorossiya, a project endorsed with a video message from Alexei Belov, leader of the legendary rock band Gorky Park.
- European Front's "Rock in the Trenches" (2014-08-05) [https://archive.today/CacCB]: From October 5th to 8th in the cities of Novorossiya there was held acoustic rock concerts featuring Moscow rock musicians Stas Bartenev (the group "if") and Pyotr Gusev (group "Eph") as part of "Rock in the trenches" and "EUROPE! OPEN YOUR EYES" tour.
* "Delivered the first parcels from EUROPEAN FRONT in Rostov-on-Don" (2014-08-14) [https://archive.today/GTOvs]: On Monday the first 2 parcels from EUROPEAN FRONT of Germany, each weighing 30 and 20 kg, reached the city of Rostov-on-Don. "Novorossiya" Humanitarian Battalion logistics center [http://vk.com/battalion_novorossia] issued a report on the accepted goods at their warehouse upon receiving the first 30 kg package [https://archive.today/UcwqB] [begin report]: 11.08 "Novorossiya" Humanities Battalion warehouse in Rostov-on-Don. European Front social organization from Germany delivered humanitarian aid. 1 large and heavy parcel: personal care, including for children, food, towels, slippers Thank you very much for your help, it is vitally important to us! Together - we will win! [end report].
Many thanks to all those who participated in the assembly of 3 more parcels weighing 80 kilograms.
* European Front: VOLGOGRAD !!! From 14 to 18 August in a campaign to collect humanitarian aid for the defenders of Novorossiya! Gathering will be held on board the vehicle. Gazelle will be on the Central Square of Fallen Fighters in Volgograd from 10-00 to 20-00. Ask the dissemination of information and forward support from residents of the city and the region. Taken to collect non-perishable food and medicine.
* "Humanitarian aid sent from Germany in the city of Donetsk" (2014-12-04 from European Front), adapted from the original Russian language version at [http://europeanfront.info/vazhnaya-informaciya] [https://archive.today/gfV6m]: Dear friends! We express our deep gratitude for the meeting, hospitality and accommodation of our guys in Moscow, carrying humanitarian aid and gifts to children from Germany to the residents of Novorossiya. We were silent for a long time and did not report anything about our humanitarian mission for security reasons. Our European troops have arrived in Donetsk with aid consisting of toys, winter clothes and medicines, humanitarian assistance from Germany delivered to the Novorossiyans. Our humanitarian mission brings presents for children, clothes, toys for the New Year. Novorossiya, Germany with you! Update: 2014-12-11 humanitarian aid from Germany delivered to the city of Donetsk. Video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV4kjS2-hnw].
European Front's efforts were officially recognized as received in full faith by the Novorossiya Humanitarian Batallion (2015-01-30) [http://vk.com/battalion_novorossia]:
"Novorossiya" Humanitarian Battalion, together with the activists of the movement "Young Novoross", the deputy of the National Council DNR Leonova J., as well as representatives of the party "KPE", unloaded three trucks of humanitarian aid in a warehouse in Donetsk.
The composition of the cargo included: medicines, food, flour, stationery, toys, books, clothing for adults and children, special purpose clothing, diapers, personal hygiene, as well as much needed baby food for babies heads.
We express our sincere gratitude to all the people and organizations met this incredibly valuable humanitarian aid for the common people of Donbass, who are under daily shelling and in great need of help and support. We sincerely thank all those who assisted Novorossia! Together - we will win!
International Solidarity campaign with the People of Novorossiya includes hundreds of peace vigils in honor of the victims of Ukraine's death-squads against anti-fascists in Odessa!
* USA: "STAND WITH ODESSA!" (2014-11-02) [http://www.iacenter.org/ukraine/odessa-endorsors103014/] [https://archive.today/areLG], list of endorsers of the campaign from across the entire USA (2014-10-30) [https://web.archive.org/web/20150205220700/http://www.iacenter.org/pdf/Odessa_signers_-_full_list_UPDATE_103114-pd.pdf]
* "Memory of the victims in Odessa" photo-essay (2014-11-03) [https://archive.today/aaAAB]:
Light a candle in memory of those killed in Odessa, 2014-05-02
The People's Army of Novorossiya, composed of labor unions, volunteers from the community, and veterans, have been defending their communities with only ground-based defensive weapons, mainly tanks, the majority of which were captured from military bases or from defeated forces, although confusion arises in foreign media who claim to their audience that the equipment was provided by Russia, the truth being that the defensive military weapons were originally built in Russia and acquired by the government of Ukraine before the fascist coup of February, 2014.
Photo: 2014-08-24, Donetsk People's Militia escorting prisoners.
The People's Army does not have an airforce, except for one re-furbished attack jet captured from the fascist Ukraine airforce.
* "LPR have announced about and airstrike launched at the Ukrainian forces" (2015-02-04) [https://archive.today/5nItN]:
LPR (Lugansk Peope's Republic) forces headquarters have announced that for the first time in the history of Donbass conflict and air attack was launched against the Ukrainian forces - RT reports. SU-25 jet fighter took part in the attack, which was enrolled in the LPR armed forces after being shot down and repaired. "Our SU-25 unexpectedly emerged in the sky over Artemovsk-Debaltsevo highway and attacked a Ukrainian military column. Armed vehicles and trucks with military personnel were attacked. There is no exact information on the casualties suffered by the Ukrainian forces," - the news agency quotes the LPR headquarters representative. SU-25 became a part of Lugansk militia forces after it was shot and forced to land on the militia-controlled territory in July last year. After repair it became a part of the LPR army. The jet fighter is located at Lugansk Navigator College airfield.
* "Donetsk factory repair captured equipment of Ukrainian Army" video (2015-01-24) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBu_8JC7Jd4]
Novorossiya’s International Brigades
* "NAF Flag of Abkhazian battalion over the ruins of Tower of Donetsk Airport" videos (2015-01-24)
* Serbian volunteer unit "Serbian Hussars" attacked positions of Ukrop Army near Donetsk. (2015-01-21) [https://archive.today/DW9Nt]
* "Putin’s International Brigades" (2014-10-02) [https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-russia/alexandr-litoy/putin’s-international-brigades] [https://archive.today/wYwk7] [begin excerpt]:
When I spoke to Miroslav Rudenko, the former co-leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR), the first thing he said ‘Serbs came to help their Orthodox Christian brothers; socialists from France and Italy came as part of their struggle against capitalism and the multinationals,’ Rudenko told me. ‘Most of the foreign volunteers are idealists, which helps our people keep up their fighting spirit and increases their effectiveness. It’s thanks to them that we’ve been able to hold out, even against superior forces.’
Separatist websites are full of interviews with them. Not that they necessarily get to fight. ‘They can’t wait to get to the front line, but it’s unlikely they’ll be sent there,’ began a story on Russia’s main news channel, about two young Spaniards who had come to support the separatists.
Some foreigners do, however, get to the front. Many of the Serbs, for example, are veterans of the conflicts in former Yugoslavia in the 1990s. And Vladimir Antyufeyev, the former KGB head in Transnistria (the breakaway state between Ukraine and its eastern neighbour Moldova), has helped set up the DNR’s Special Forces; and the self-styled republic feels a close solidarity with this and the other pro-Russian unrecognised states that were previously part of the USSR – South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
In fact, people from all over the world have made a pilgrimage to fight for the Donetsk-Lugansk separatists: from Serbia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Italy, Spain, France, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Israel, other ex-Soviet states, and even Brazil, Australia, and the USA – an unexpected bonus for Novorossiya’s propaganda machine. Andrei Rodkin, head of Russia’s diplomatic mission in Novorossiya, told me he had no accurate figures about their numbers, but it was clear that they made up only a small percentage of the fighters, although their presence is important for the locals’ morale.
‘Back in June the concept arose – spontaneously, and partly out of responses to questions from journalists – a concept of a new anti-fascist International Brigade,’ Rodkin explained. ‘The recovery of the Russian world is obvious to everyone, so it’s clear why volunteers have been arriving from other countries in the Orthodox, Russian language orbit. But Spanish people aren’t part of that world, and nor are anti-fascists from France or Italy.’
Anti-Americanism is almost Novorossiya’s national ideology, but the separatists are happy to allow ordinary Americans into their dugouts. An English-speaking volunteer who introduces himself as Hunter from Illinois, says in an interview that Kyiv should recognise Novorossiya, and that not all Americans support the US government’s policies. Hunter is fighting with ‘Vostok,’ one of the largest separatist brigades, which has a special rota for its international members.
The largest ‘diaspora’ among the volunteers are the Serbs. It’s not difficult to understand why: they have been hardened by their local armed conflicts, and see Russia as their closest ally. Also, a lot of people in Donbas have family links with Serbia.
There are also many Hungarians among the international volunteers, and this too is easy to explain. The popular Hungarian far right Jobbik party is regarded as pro-Kremlin, and there are also separatist movements among ethnic Hungarians living near Ukraine’s border with Hungary. Most of the Hungarians fight in their own ‘Legion of St Istvan’ (Stephen), described by its man in Moscow, Aleksandr Kiselyov, as ‘a right wing traditionalist organisation linking Russians and Hungarians.’
* "A volunteer from the US fights for Novorossiya" from "Southeastern Ukraine TODAY" news (2014-09-21) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vflmOXEyBoE]
* 8th International Brigade Carlos Palomino in Dombass (2014-08-22) [http://tarcotecacounterinfo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/8th-international-brigade-carlos.html] [https://archive.today/BxiOP], named after an anti-fascist activist who was stabbed to death in 2007 during a clash with neo-Nazis in a Madrid metro station.
* International Brigades: “We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a socialist state in Europe” (2014-12-07) [http://slavyangrad.org/2014/12/07/we-have-a-once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity-to-build-a-socialist-state-in-europe/] [https://archive.today/iUZvi] [begin excerpt]: Of the two texts published below, the first is a translation of an article written some weeks ago from Lugansk for the Basque language magazine, Argia. Following its publication on Slavyangrad.es, in Spanish, part of the Spanish (mostly Catalan) Left used the article to try to discredit the volunteers. They argued that the fact that they were fighting alongside French nationalists meant that the Novorossiyans are no better than Kiev. In their argument it does not matter who bombs who and both sides are bad. In practice this meant whitewashing almost all Kiev’s actions, as well as mocking the Spanish volunteers themselves.
The second text is a follow-up by the author of the first text, in which he discussed with the volunteers their recent transfer to the communist unit of the Prizrak Brigade. The author felt he owed it to the volunteers (very likely to get in trouble when they return to Spain—if they make it out of the war) to give them the opportunity to have their say. The interview is original and exclusive to Slavyangrad. [end excerpt]
* Legion of St. Istvan social media page [https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legion-of-Saint-Istvan/752238441485296], introduction [https://archive.today/1MpaV]: "Legion of St. Stephen" - an organization of pro-Hungarian-minded traditionalists who believe that the time is coming New Europe, in which Hungary could become a key partner for Russia and Poland as well as the dominant country in Eastern Europe (this has all the prerequisites). We are for dialogue between cultures and changes in Europe.
We decided to respect the European traditional culture and Christianity. Naturally, we can not ignore the happening in Ukraine. The situation is very complicated, the country is run dubious politicians and oligarchs. By this: we fully support the opposition. We are concerned, what happens in the Carpathians, as well as in South-Eastern regions.
We will do everything in our power to protect people from the criminal regime. Our activists cooperate with the forces of resistance and release the southeast of the regime of crooks and thieves, who is guilty of mass crimes against humanity.
* Odessan partisans of the Legion of St. Istvan (2014-09-17) [https://archive.today/xvt7x]
* Volunteers from Romania pledging allegiance to Novorossiya (2014-09-14)
* Legion of Saint Istvan (2014-09-18): Our brothers from "Varyag volunteer regiment" were forced to leave Facebook, so here is contact info for all those who wish to help the resistance in Donbass [https://archive.today/a3ioM], photos [https://archive.today/Fx28J]
* "Ruthenians stand in favor of the union of Great, Little, White and Red Rus" (2014-08-25) [https://archive.today/FOhUs] [begin excerpt]: On August 23, in Lugansk People's Republic was created the first national militia - Ruthenian Battalion of Ivan Georgievich Kundri (Archimandrite Iov of Ugol) - known Carpathian Orthodox missionary and a veteran of World War II. In the battalion entered Ruthenian volunteers from Carpathian Rus Pryashev (Slovakia), Lemkovina (Poland) and Hungary. Military personnel of the battalion formed by 387 people. Commander of the batallion is Y.A Yantso. [end excerpt]
* "Inter-brigades associated with Legion of Saint Istvan" (2014-08-22) [https://archive.today/UMwUf]: At this moment in Novorussia- in the ranks of the militia now fight as volunteers three Slovakians (on the photo).
* (2014-08-15) [https://archive.today/rQYb5]: Published on beginning of June on official VK page:
Legionnaires (within two months) participated in a number of political rallies in Moscow (up to overlapping pro-maidan liberals and banderovites). In Ukraine, are forming battalions to help the Transcarpathians and South-East. In Russia activity grows. (photo: Hungarian nationalists / Eurasianists support Novorussia)
People's Republic of Transcarpathia
* "Ukraine Crisis: Hands Off Transcarpathia!" (2014-05-20) [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nikolas-kozloff/ukraine-crisis-hands-off_b_5358893.html] [https://archive.today/DKpsp]
* "RUSSIA PLOTTED THIRD ‘PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC’ IN THE CARPATHIANS" (2014-11-28) [https://archive.today/1R6vZ]:===*===*===
Russian special services planned to implement an anti-Ukrainian scenario by creating a “Carpatho-Russian republic,” the Security Service of Ukraine press service reports November 26.
SBU has uncovered a group of people who, under the direction of Russian intelligence services, were plotting one more puppet “people’s republic” in the Ukraine's westernmost Zakarpattia region.
The plan called for the seizure of local government offices, military depots, and other strategic targets by subversive groups, which were supposed to operate under the guise of local self-defense.
During searches, SBU investigators seized Russian-language documents containing detailed descriptions of anti-government rallies and diversions designed to destabilize the region.
The attackers were planning “intimidating acts directed against government officials, secret service agents, local politicians and businessmen” on specific dates, mostly in November.
Documents seized by the SBU reveal that earlier the group leader had himself appointed president of the failed pseudo-republic.
Russian special services planned to implement an anti-Ukrainian scenario by creating a “Carpatho-Russian republic,” the Security Service of Ukraine press service reports November 26.
SBU has uncovered a group of people who, under the direction of Russian intelligence services, were plotting one more puppet “people’s republic” in the Ukraine's westernmost Zakarpattia region.
The plan called for the seizure of local government offices, military depots, and other strategic targets by subversive groups, which were supposed to operate under the guise of local self-defense.
During searches, SBU investigators seized Russian-language documents containing detailed descriptions of anti-government rallies and diversions designed to destabilize the region.
The attackers were planning “intimidating acts directed against government officials, secret service agents, local politicians and businessmen” on specific dates, mostly in November.
Documents seized by the SBU reveal that earlier the group leader had himself appointed president of the failed pseudo-republic.
The Monopolist Media demonizes the leadership of Novorossiya. (2015-02-04) [https://archive.today/YZB9R]: Monopolist media calls Zakharchenko an anti-semite for saying Ukraine's leaders are "miserable representatives of the GREAT JEWISH PEOPLE", but misquotes him as calling them "MISERABLE JEWS". Mainstream media always present facts upside down. Next thing you know - Monopolist media will report that Zaharchenko wants to destroy Israel and that he is "terrists"... Facepalm "groan". Source: [http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-run-miserable-jews-rebel-chief-202600090.html] [https://archive.today/vLR5X]
Actual interview with eng subs: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knMWlB4c_cY]
Syrian Arab Republic
* "The Case For Bringing Syria Into The SCO" (2015-01-26) [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/26/the-case-for-bringing-syria-into-the-sco/] [https://archive.today/WLO0P]
* "Syrian Rebels Describe U.S.-Backed Training in Qatar" (2014-05-26) [http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/foreign-affairs-defense/syria-arming-the-rebels/syrian-rebels-describe-u-s-backed-training-in-qatar/] [https://archive.today/aOlU1]
Islamic Republic of Iran
* "16th Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit–Islamic Iran isolates Washington" (2012-08-22) [https://archive.today/AfoAb] [begin excerpt]: The meeting of the 16th Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran shows that the US failed to politically and economically isolate Islamic Iran. Even after several high level US and Israeli attempts to block the meeting of NAM in Iran the organization is determined to go ahead with its meeting in Tehran. The US and zionist pleas to boycott the summit were even ignored by the obedient UN leader Ban Ki-moon. The upcoming NAM meeting from August 29 to August 31 will also be attended by Cuban leader Raul Castro and India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. However, it is the attendance of the Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi that is attracting everyone’s attention. It will be the first visit by the Egyptian head of state to Iran since the Islamic Revolution.
The upcoming NAM summit in Tehran demonstrates that Islamic Iran managed to create a sophisticated network of relations with various international power centers. According to Asia Times even under current US sanctions against Iran, the bilateral trade between Iran and India will rise from US$13.5 billion to $30 billion by 2015. Islamic leadership in Tehran managed to make its Islamic system a vital power center in global politics and economics that cannot be ignored. The US and Israeli confrontation with Islamic Iran are no longer just about Iran and the imperialist powers. Tehran’s smart power positioned it in a way that a confrontation with Iran threatens the relations of imperialist powers with other nations and governments. [end excerpt]
* "Dr. Mursi’s presence at the NAM summit exposes Saudi claims" (2012-08-30) [https://archive.today/gzjaD]
* "The Rahbar, Imam Seyyed Khamenei, offers an alternative framework to the world at NAM summit" (2012-08-30) [https://archive.today/DvRpT] [begin excerpt]
In a wide-ranging address on August 30 to the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran, Imam Seyyed Ali Khamenei, Rahbar (Leader) of the Islamic Revolution offered a concrete framework for creating a world order free from the domination and exploitation of imperialist powers.
Imam Khamenei pointed to the imperialists’ hypocrisy by stating that “the security of America and Europe is considered important, while the security of the rest of humanity is considered unimportant. Torture and assassination are permissible and completely ignored if they are carried out by America, the Zionists and their puppets. It does not trouble their conscience that they have secret prisons in various places on different continents, in which defenceless prisoners who have no legal representation and have not been tried in a court of law are treated in the most hideous and detestable way.”
He also called for a world free from the scourge of nuclear weapons. Imam Khamenei condemned US-zionist hypocrisy in decrying Iran’s peaceful nuclear program while both regimes have thousands of such weapons between them. The US is also the only country in the world to have used such weapons against defencless civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Offering a concrete but flexible and rational framework for the global community to build their cooperation within NAM, the Rahbar acknowledged global diversity and called on the international community represented at the NAM summit to bring to an end the expired and oppressive UN Security Council veto system that serves only the Western imperialist agenda.
As a preliminary step to facilitate this process, Islamic Iran has already started negotiations with 60 NAM countries to drop visa requirements and make travel and trade easier. There are also behind the scenes talks led by Iran to establish a new and alternative financial global structure independent of the collapsing Western-designed exploitative system.
With Islamic Iran assuming NAM leadership for the next three years, we are likely to see a more robust international participation by NAM members, especially at the UN that has been reduced to a tool in the hands of the oppressive imperialist powers and their lackeys, such as the illegitimate Zionist regime.
The world may be on the verge of a new order free from exploitation and oppression of the imperialists and Zionist in which the international community represented by masses in the ‘Third World’ will taste the fruits of freedom and enjoy their inalienable rights. The reinvigorated NAM platform offers a ray of hope. [end excerpt]
* "UN chief’s conduct at NAM summit proves his subservience to zionism and imperialism" (2012-09-01) [https://archive.today/vtioH]
* "NAM summit confirms Iran’s global stature" (2012-09) [https://archive.today/20H1C] [begin excerpt]: With 120 full members and 21 observer countries, the NAM represents more than two-thirds of all the members of the United Nations (192 members). In terms of the sheer number of countries and the world population they represent, this is the most significant bloc of countries, second only to the UN. Where it even excels the UN is that there is no Security Council type of structure in NAM with veto-wielding members that act as dictators blocking any resolution they do not like even if the rest of the world favours it. Since the UN General Assembly carries little weight in terms of its implementation powers, the Security Council is a club representing imperialist powers that dictate to the rest of the world. Despite repeated claims, the Security Council does not represent the will of the international community. At the Tehran summit, at least 53 heads of state or governments were present in person. Vice Presidents, foreign ministers and other senior officials represented the rest of the member states. [end excerpt]
Democratic Republic of Korea (DPRK)
* uriminzokkiri [https://www.youtube.com/user/uriminzokkiri/videos]
* stimmekoreas [https://www.youtube.com/user/stimmekoreas/videos]
* Korean Friendship Association - Ireland [https://jucheireland.wordpress.com]
* Korean Friendship Association - USA [http://www.kfausa.org]
* Anglo-People's Korean Friendship Association [http://juche007-anglo-peopleskoreafriendship.blogspot.co.uk]
* "DPRK is building a thriving Socialist nation" [https://archive.today/fYiLm]
* Songdowon International Children's Camp (2014-08) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8i141yqObg] Also see [www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8mdC5a5qE] [www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbqxrA5p4w] [https://archive.today/Mb5Mk] [https://archive.today/HGXb6] [https://archive.today/WAWqa] [https://archive.today/B2rgE].
* "New Waste-water Treatment Technology Proves Effective" (2015-02-06) [https://archive.today/o1JF3]: The Microbiological Research Institute under the State Academy of Sciences in the DPRK has developed a new technology for purifying industrial waste water.
In this regard, Dr. Kang Chun Ryong, a section chief of the institute, told KCNA:
The new technology, based on absorbability of microbe, makes it possible to remove mercury and heavy metal ion from industrial waste water.
It has already recognized by technical groups of different countries for its high effectiveness.
* "First NK Monster Faces Hollywood-Born Godzilla in Japan" (1998) [https://archive.today/cW0pI]
* "DPRK has 12 Mil. Barrels of Oil Reserves in Western Sea: Expert" (1998) [https://archive.today/H6mWT]
Felix Abt: "A Capitalist in North Korea"
[https://www.facebook.com/ACapitalistInNorthKorea] [http://www.a-capitalist-in-north-korea.com/] [http://northkoreacapitalist.tumblr.com]
* Watch his video "North Korea out of the dark": [www.youtube.com/watch?v=-35WjN42l9A]
* His memoir "A Capitalist in North Korea: My Seven Years in the Hermit Kingdom" [http://www.amazon.com/Capitalist-North-Korea-Hermit-Kingdom/dp/0804844399]
* "A Look Inside North Korea" interview with Felix Abt (2015-01-28) [http://www.emergingfrontiers.com/article/20308-a-look-inside-north-korea] [https://archive.today/l0Owm] [begin excerpt]:
[Question] Working for a Western firm, how was your access to the market? What types of competitors were there?
[Answer] As country director for ABB, a global leader in power and automation technologies, and later as commercial agent of a group of companies in business segments I considered of strategic importance, I was positively surprised at how much access I was given to meet with customers. On behalf of Sandvik, a mining equipment company that I represented, I once organized a large workshop in Pyongyang’s Cultural Palace for North Korean mines. Mining engineers from mines all over the country flocked to Pyongyang to attend and could meet and talk with foreign peers for the first time. Similarly, on behalf of Dystar, a global leader in dyestuff, I organized a seminar for textile and garment factories from all over the country. Many of their technicians also came for the first time to Pyongyang because of this event. Or a new South Korean-invested car factory in Nampo could only take off after they installed the large UPS we sold to them. So I had a wide customer portfolio from mines to power stations to cement factories to garment factories to farms to food processing plants to hospitals and pharmacies. I dealt not only with directors but often with lower ranking staff like engineers and technicians who were in charge of using our products and services.
[Question] You created a business school in Pyongyang, called PBS. How was that experience?
[Answer] When I arrived in Pyongyang in 2002, North Korea had just emerged from a huge crisis which led to the lay-off of millions of workers. The socialist Public Distribution System which clothed and fed the population had just collapsed to a large extent. Over night informal markets sprung up to fill the gaps and even managers of state enterprises had to adjust to these new developments to help their enterprises survive. They were used to getting production targets ordered by the state planning commission; however the new circumstances obliged them to research their markets, set up marketing strategies, introduce customer service, streamline supply chains, lead with reliable figures provided by a new finance and controlling unit in their company and so on. At regular seminars for senior executives we taught them these basic competences. Students of the business school excelled at their work places by successfully turning around their enterprises, some even became innovators and pioneers, for example by introducing the first bank debit cards or running the first advertising company. By North Korean standards this was a truly revolutionary change as advertising was considered ‘capitalist’ and banned before. In short, the seed for a new breed of entrepreneurs were planted, jobs were created and new ideas were experimented with. Since then, more and more old acquaintances of mine, including former staff, have started running their own businesses.
* Felix Abt writes: O wow! North Korea's TV announces a Comrade Capitalist's Google Hangout (English subtitles...) wink emoticon / Join in this Sunday! [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbFTEgQsPT8]. Announcement page [https://archive.today/nVTg1].
Event Page [https://plus.google.com/+Pozdrozkrld/]
LIFE, BUSINESS VENTURES AND ADVENTURES IN NORTH KOREA: The Inside Story of A Different, Changing Country.
Felix Abt lived and worked as a senior executive on behalf of multinational groups and smaller enterprises for seven years in North Korea where he witnessed MANY FIRSTS that nobody would have expected from the world's most isolated, under-reported and misrepresented country:
The first fast food restaurant selling 'happy meals', the first café selling Western gourmet coffee, the first miniskirts and high heels, the first Mickey Mouse and Hello Kitty bags, the legalization of markets and advertising, the first North Korean debit card (with which he went shopping), the first technocrats instead of party committees, running state-enterprises, a foodstuff company's first robot (made by ABB, a multinational group whose chief representative he was in Pyongyang), a multiplication of all sorts of small private business, a massive expansion of private slope farming, the emergence of a fast growing middle class and a drop in poverty, cosmetic surgery in the capital (even though it was illegal), people watching foreign movies and reading foreign books (despite censorship), the first business school (which he co-founded and ran), the first e-commerce (set up by North Korean painters and Felix Abt, selling their paintings around the globe), the first North Koreans dancing Rock 'n Roll (with him), the first foreign chamber of commerce (which he co-founded and chaired), the first North Korean enterprise (a pharmaceutical factory whose CEO he was) winning contracts in competitive bidding against foreign companies, the first software joint venture company exporting award-winning medical software (which he co-founded) and many more.
NORTH KOREA MYTH NO. 1
Foreigners deal only with the elite, not with ordinary North Koreans.
That's at least what Western media are telling us. Is it true?
NORTH KOREA MYTH NO. 2
Foreigners can never mingle with ordinary North Koreans, everything is always orchestrated - and controlled by minders. That's at least what Western media are telling us. Is it true?
IS THIS FARMER IN A REMOTE NORTH KOREAN PROVINCE A MEMBER OF THE COUNTRY’S ELITE?
Felix Abt: ‘a strange character’ with ‘an agenda that can’t be figured out’; a modern day ‘British colonial administrator’.
These were the opinions formed by Kathleen Cochrane, American author and journalist, and stated in her recent review of Felix’s book “A Capitalist in North Korea: My Seven Years in the Hermit Kingdom”.
She seemed unable to reconcile her received perceptions of North Korea with Felix’s personal experiences and first-hand account of life in the country. Most western reportage of North Korea is more aligned with Ms. Cochrane’s fellow American journalist, Melanie Kirkpatrick, a long-term member of Wall Street Journal’s Asia editorial board, who depicts North Korea as a “slave state” and a “hell-hole”.
Ms. Cochrane reviewed a total of six books on North Korea: four of the others based on the harrowing stories of defectors and one by a British diplomat. But, while Felix’s, rather differing, view of the ‘Hermit Kingdom’ was dismissed, since: “Mr. Abt seems unaware that he is only dealing with what must be the most educated, elite, and privileged in North Korea. Their experiences are not exactly representative of the majority of citizens there”, she was happy to accept that the horrific defector stories about mass starvation, public executions and concentration camps do represent a true picture of most people living in today’s North Korea.
Mr. Abt doesn’t deny that he did meet with some of the power-brokers in North Korea: it would not have been possible to conduct business in the country without this contact, as indeed was the case in all the many developing countries where he did business. But most of the time he was dealing with businessmen, engineers and workers with rather modest or no political power.
Elite: “A group or class of people seen as having the most power and influence in a society, especially on account of their wealth or privilege”. (Oxford Dictionaries)
So, do the doctors and pharmacists who couldn’t afford a bicycle, who Mr. Abt dealt with on a daily basis, qualify as members of the country’s elite? Or, indeed, the factory cleaners and machine operators employed by him. What about the mining engineers and workers he supplied with safety and other equipment and had trained in its use? The electrical engineers at power stations and the engineers at cement factories; the managers and workers at garment factories; and the farm workers, depicted here, in remote provinces, would all, no doubt, be surprised to hear they are considered by Ms. Cochrane to be part of the fabled Pyongyang elite.
To form your own opinion of just how ‘strange a character’ Mr. Abt is, or whether he is qualified to comment on the true state of affairs in North Korea, read: A Capitalist in North Korea: My Seven Years in the Hermit Kingdom
NORTH KOREA - BEHIND THE VEIL
Visiting foreigners are always accompanied by two North Korean guides from the moment they step from the plane in Pyongyang, until the end of their tightly predefined program.
However, Felix Abt, a resident foreign capitalist, could walk and drive alone 24/7 in the capital and could even travel alone to the port city of Nampo. There were also many unplanned encounters like this spontaneous, friendly invitation by ordinary North Koreans offering beer and food to Felix and his wife Huong (sitting on the floor) during a national holiday.
* "Some Common Propaganda Lies Unveiled" (2014-09-27) [https://jucheireland.wordpress.com/2014/09/27/some-common-propaganda-lies-unveiled/] [https://archive.today/fN3uD]
* "Shin Dong-hyuk's North Korean 'Prison Camp' Lies Exposed" (2015-01-31 by Steven Argue) [https://archive.today/bIF7k] [begin excerpt]:
Shin Dong-hyuk (Sin Tong Hyok, also known as Sin Un Gun, or Shin In Geun) had described himself as “the only known person born in a North Korean prison camp that escaped and survived to tell the tale”. The supposed camp he lived in is described to sound like a brutal concentration death camp. His testimony was key evidence in UN charges of human rights violations by the DPRK.
Blaine Harden, who narrated Shin Dong-hyuk's "Escape From Prison 14" said: “In writing this book, I have sometimes struggled to trust him. He misled me in our first interview about his role in the death of his mother, and he continued to do so in more than a dozen interviews. When he changed his story, I became worried about what else he might have made up.”
The following documentary, for which I provide a link, interviews his father, stepmother, and victims of his crimes showing that Shin Dong-hyuk lied about everything. He was not born into a prison camp. He was not in prison for the political activities of his parents, but instead for a rape he carried out himself. His father was never in a prison camp. The injuries that he claimed were the results of tortures in Prison Camp 14, were actually a result of injuries he received as a child and at work later in life.
Shin Dong-hyuk's lies bring much into question about the west’s narrative on North Korea. The fact that one of the main witnesses who supposedly exposed human rights violations in the DPRK is a fraud does not mean that there are no human rights violations in the DPRK. It does, however, expose the propensity of the United States propagandists and supposed human rights organizations to parade a man around whose story was easily discredited from the beginning, calling into question all of their eyewitnesses.
It is well established that the South Korean government is guilty of torturing and murdering hundreds of thousands of leftists and suspected leftists. The U.S. government also murdered 5 million people to defend that capitalist dictatorship in the so-called Korean War. The United States itself is now known for torture and has an incarceration rate far higher than the DPRK while the U.S. also has police forces across the country that routinely murder people in the streets with complete impunity.
The DPRK is described by imperialist propaganda as an underdeveloped prison house run by a madman where everyone is starving. Truth is, people have not been starving in the DPRK since the 1990s when a combination of terrible weather events and an end to beneficial trade relations with the USSR caused starvation. The DPRK is in fact a relatively modern country with good housing, free socialized health care, socialist food distribution, a 99% literacy rate, and 12 years of free compulsory education (longer than in South Korea).
* "The Truth About Shin Dong-hyok Exposed" parts 1 & 2 (DPRK Documentary)
* Statement from author Blaine Harding [https://archive.today/kHdyv].
* "Prominent N. Korean defector Shin Dong-hyuk admits parts of story are inaccurate" (2015-01-17) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/prominent-n-korean-defector-shin-dong-hyuk-admits-parts-of-story-are-inaccurate/2015/01/17/fc69278c-9dd5-11e4-bcfb-059ec7a93ddc_story.html] [https://archive.today/gX7Vz]
* "Prominent North Korean Defector Recants Parts of His Story of Captivity" (2015-01-18) [http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/world/asia/prominent-north-korean-defector-shin-dong-hyuk-recants-parts-of-his-story.html?_r=0] [https://archive.today/DttiQ]
* "North Korea Denies Existence Of Prison Camps After Defector Recants Details Of Imprisonment" (2015-01-21) [http://www.ibtimes.com/north-korea-denies-existence-prison-camps-after-defector-recants-details-imprisonment-1790662] [https://archive.today/CY42w]
* "Even Professional Liars will be Exposed" (2015-01-21) [https://jucheireland.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/professional-liars/] [https://archive.today/zt8Ub]
* "Who is really who", translated into English from Russian, material received from the DPRK Embassy in Moscow (2014-10-08) [http://juche007-anglo-peopleskoreafriendship.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/scumbag-shin-finally-exposed.html] [https://archive.today/kD2aa]
* "DPRK also acknowledges Shin was in Camp 18 (unintentionally)" (2015-01-18) [http://www.nkeconwatch.com/2015/01/18/dprk-also-acknowledges-shin-was-in-camp-18-unintentionally/] [https://archive.today/gtn7o]. The author of the article fails to mention that the rison districts exist alongside civilian municipalities, and that prisoners are allowed to "roam free" in the prison district, but with restrictions, like curfew and local travel only.
Among the more famous of the false propaganda articles issued in the monopolist media is the following. To this day, many believe that the story is true, because they "saw it in the news".
* "Kim Jong-Un's uncle stripped naked and fed to 120 starving dogs as tyrant watched" (2014-01-03) [http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/north-korea-kim-jong-uns-uncle-2983138] [https://archive.today/Tr7i8]
* "Activist to drop 100,000 copies of ‘The Interview’ on North Korea by balloon" (2014-12-31, Washignton Post newspaper) [https://archive.today/Rw9p2]
* "Dimwit Film Fans the Flames, U.S. Provocations Target North Korea" [https://archive.today/e6crz] [begin excerpt]: As the South Korean government, which has executed hundreds of thousands of leftists and suspected leftists, now bans the Unified Progressive Party (UPP), which got 10% of the vote in the last election, so too the U.S. imperialists are ratcheting up their economic sanctions and cyber attacks on North Korea. They are doing this partially on unsubstantiated accusations of terrorist threats flowing from the idiotic movie "The Interview". [end excerpt]
* "US Should Apologize for Its Anti-DPRK Conspiratorial Document: KCNA" (2015-01-29, KCNA) [https://archive.today/w3A7X]
* "Democratic Korea calls for end to U.S. military occupation of south Korea" (2015-01-27) [http://www.fightbacknews.org/2015/1/27/democratic-korea-calls-end-us-military-occupation-south-korea] [https://archive.today/iQeOC] [begin excerpt]: The leading newspaper of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Rodong Sinmun, urged all Koreans to put an end to U.S. military occupation and domination over south Korea, in a Jan. 26 article. The article noted that “The south Korea-U.S. ‘mutual defense pact’ concluded 65 years ago is an unpardonable country-selling one as it has desperately blocked the independent development of the south Korean society, laid a stumbling block in the way of the Korean nation for peace and reunification of the country and brought a war disaster to Korea.” [end excerpt]
Anti-Humanitarian Manipulation of Human Rights in the DPRK, a series published in TML Weekly [https://archive.today/XmCbv]:
• Dirty Tricks to Justify U.S. Imperialist Aggression and Regime Change
• U.S. Imperialism Stands Condemned
• Why the Human Rights Issue Is So Serious
• Realistic and Reasonable Proposal for Korea's Reunification
STOP THE WAR AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF KOREA
The wars of the USA have massacred millions, worldwide, leaving behind a lawless legacy with weak social institutions and massive corruption by illicit narcotic and sex-slavery cartels, enforced homelessness and artificial famine. No matter the reason of the moment, whether from accusations of offensive nuclear technology or for humanitarian goals, a war on the Korea homeland will punish the People, and benefit the fascist economic dictators of the USA.
Only the People of the USA can stop the threatened massacre of the People of Korea!
* "History of U.S. Sabotage of Korean Peace and Reunification" [https://web.archive.org/web/20040807153926/http://brianwillson.com/awolkoreahist.html]
* "US 'wanted to bomb N. Korea nuclear sites' " (2000-05-25) [https://archive.today/UuRU9]: South Korea stopped US President Bill Clinton from launching an airstrike against North Korea's nuclear facilities in June 1994, according to then South Korean president, Mr Kim Young Sam. In an interview with the independent Hankyoreh Daily.
* "Korea's Truth and Reconciliation Commission: An Overview and Assessment"
Published 2013-06-21, authored by Kim Dong-Choon, Professor of Sociology, Sungkonghoe University of Korea. [http://historyandcurrentcontext.blogspot.com/2013/06/koreas-truth-and-reconciliation.html]
* "The War against the 'Enemy Within': Hidden Massacres in the Early Stages of the Korean War" [https://archive.today/w7NTC]
* "Forgotten war, forgotten massacres: the Korean War (1950 - 1953) as licensed mass killings" [http://historyandcurrentcontext.blogspot.com/2015/02/forgotten-war-forgotten-massacres.html]
* "1,222 Incidents Classified as Genocide" (2007-12-27, Truth and Reconciliation Commission, Republic of Korea) [https://archive.today/qP4mm]
* Memorandum on Massacre as US Policy (1999-10-29) [https://archive.today/3d9Kw] [begin excerpt]: On Aug. 15, 1946 more than 2,600 workers of the Hwasun Coal Mine, South Jolla Province, were on their way to Kwangju to participate in a rally protesting against GIs' plunder. Seeing them, U.S. soldiers bayoneted and shot to death hundreds of them. The dead bodies remained on the scene for one week as the workers were not allowed to carry them.
On Aug. 3, 1950 they blew up Toksung bridge in Koryong county, North Kyongsang Province, killing hundreds of civilians and also blasted Waegwan bridge in Chilgok county, leaving hundreds of people dead.
American massacre of civilians was also reported in South Chungchong and South Kyongsang provinces and in the area along the River Raktong and other areas.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of the massacres committed by the U.S. troops.
Their killings of Koreans have a history of more than a hundred years. They began invading Korea aboard the pirate ship General Sherman more than 130 years ago. They killed Koreans as they hunted natives in America. Typical of their massacre in the early period of their aggression on Korea was their killing of over 350 guiltless people after their reinvasion of Kanghwa Island in 1871.
When the popular resistance broke out on Jeju Island in April 1948, the U.S. imperialists shot and stabbed people to death or put them to death by hanging or buried them alive and threw them into the sea, killing them.
Even the UN Temporary Committee on Korea could not but admit in a report on the tragedy on Jeju island that the U.S. forces killed more than 35,000 people or over one fourth of the population of the island, in the period from April to October 1948 under the direct command of Robert, head of the U.S. military advisory group.
At least 109,000 people of south Korea were killed by the U.S. imperialists in 1949 alone.
The U.S. committed shocking massacres after igniting the Korean War of aggression.
They killed as many as one million civilians across south Korea in one year after the outbreak of the war.
They killed more than one million civilians during their temporary occupation of some areas of the north.
In Sinchon county, South Hwanghae Province, alone they killed more than 35,380 people or one fourth of its entire population in a little over 50 days.
The number of the cases of atrocities committed by them in south Korea since the August 15, 1945 liberation of the country is more than 270,000 and these took the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, counting only these reported after the war.
Thousands of south Koreans were killed during the Kwangju popular uprising in may 1980. Gleysteen, the then U.S. Ambassador to south Korea, in his message to the U.S. State Department said that the U.S. agreed to the south Korean authorities' use of forces under the combined forces command.
This is clear evidence that their massacre of Korean people was an organized crime committed in line with U.S. Policy. [end excerpt]
* "Bridge at No Gun Ri" (2000, AP newswire Special Report) [https://web.archive.org/web/20010416235607/http://wire.ap.org/APpackages/nogunri/]
* Memorandum on GI mass killings (2000-03-21) short version [https://archive.today/L4Bel], full verison [https://web.archive.org/web/20010105021900/http://www.kimsoft.com/2000/dprk04.htm] [begin excerpt]:
The U.S. aggressors carried out indiscriminate bombing and naval bombardment against all urban and rural areas in the north, the memorandum said, and continued:
More than 10,000 U.S. war planes made over 250 air raids on Pyongyang from July 11 to August 20, 1951 in which they dropped as many as 4,000 bombs, killing at least 4,000 innocent civilians and wounding 2,500.
In the whole period of the war, the U.S. aggressors made more than 1,400 air raids on Pyongyang in which they dropped over 428,000 bombs, destroying all industrial establishments, educational, health and public service facilities and dwelling houses and killing many innocent civilians.
They made air raids not only on local cities such as Hamhung, Chongjin, Sinuiju and Wonsan but on rural villages, even on a separate house deep in a mountain. In August 1951, U.S. military planes dropped 2,122 bombs over North Hamgyong Province and its naval guns fired 6,098 shells at it, leaving 2,857 peaceable peop
le dead. In the three-year war U.S. air force planes made 800,000 sorties and planes of the U.S. marines and navy 250,000 sorties into the North Korea 85 percent of which was to bomb and strafe civilian targets and people.
Napalm and other bombs dropped by U.S. warplanes totaled nearly 600,000 tons, which was over 3.7 times the 161,425 tons of bombs they dropped over Japan proper during the pacific war. This means that so many bombs were dropped over the territory of the North Korea less than one-third of the Japanese territory.
According to the preliminary results of investigation into GIs' massacres during their temporary occupation of areas of the north, they killed more than a million innocent civilians: Over 15,000 in Pyongyang, 35,380 in Sinchon county, 19,072 in Anak county, over 13,000 in Unryul county, some 6,000 in Haeju, 5,998 in Pyoksong and at least 5,000 in Anju.
The U.S. aggressors did not hesitate to massively use germ and chemical weapons in the Korean War in flagrant violation of international laws.
In the period from January to March 1952 when they began an all-out germ war the U.S. aggressors dropped various germ bombs a total of 804 times over 169 places in alpine, coastal and mountainous areas of the north.
One fourth of the planes involved in air raids on the North Korea participated in the germ war. Some days their number reached 480 planes.
The U.S. aggressors brutally killed POWs of the Korean People's Army by using them as guinea pigs for germ weapon experiment.
They committed serious crimes to use a chemical weapon.
They made 33 poison-gas bomb attacks against various areas of the North Korea from Feb. 27 to Apr. 9, 1952.
They used at least 15 million napalm-shells.
Their planes dropped even food, leaflets and false money containing poisonous substance.
They also unhesitatingly killed POWs of the KPA by using them as guinea pigs for a poisonous substance test.
The U.S. aggressors massacred POWs of our side as they pleased during the Korean War in gross violation of the publicly recognized international laws and war law and regulations.
They staged such farces as "voluntary repatriation," "private interview and screening" and "petition for release" in a bid to detain POWs of the KPA by force.
They mercilessly killed everyone who did not comply with their demands.
On may 27, 1952 at least 800 POWs were killed by flame throwers at the 77th camp on Koje Island for rejecting "voluntary repatriation" and insisting on their repatriation to the North Korea.
* "Rethinking Nogun-ri Massacre on the 50th Anniversary of the Korean War" (2001) [https://archive.today/3AM2K]: This article is intended to show that Nogun-ri was not a single, isolated event but only one of a series of events which reveal an intentional and systematic killing of civilians by U.S. forces during the Korean War (1950-1953).
After details of the Nogun-ri incident were broadcast internationally last September, the previously suppressed allegations of wartime massacres committed by U.S. troops have spread throughout Korea. As a result, at least 37 cases of alleged mass killings of Korean civilians by U.S. troops have been reported. In many of these cases U.S. air raids are involved. According to declassified documents such as Mission 35-1 and Mission 35-4, U.S. pilots often bombed or strafed white-clad refugees at the direction of a ground controller, for the U.S. Army believed that the NKPA had infiltrated refugee groups. White clothing was the traditional dress among the civilian population and was worn by refugees, thinking it would identify them as non-combatants and would provide them with safety on the road. Several examples of this type of action follow.
On July 11, 1950, two U.S. aircraft bombed the Iri Train Station and the Iri market area in Iksan town. Since this was a big marketing day, (in Korea, the big market opens every five days) Iksan town was crowded with local villagers who wanted to buy and sell their products. That day an especially big cattle market also opened near the electric substation. An assemblyman had come to the local movie theater to speak to students of the Namsung Middle School and the Iri Girls Middle School. When the people saw U.S. airplanes, B-29 bombers with the American flag mark, flying over them, they welcomed them with the waving of hands and Korean flags to show that they were civilians.
After the planes circled for a while, bombs began to fall and detonated around the train station. After 15 minutes, a second bombing occurred around the station and electric substation. On the next day, July 12, many villagers came to help with the casualties and to find out whether their family members were alive or dead. However, the U.S. airplanes returned and bombed again around the station, and even the nearby villages. Witnesses estimated the number of victims to be several hundred. Among just the Railroad employees in Iri station there were 54 deaths and more than 300 people wounded.
This occurred in a non-combat zone, since the NKPA did not come there until another 7 days had passed. On Aug. 3, 1950, three divisions of the U.S. Army, retreating to the east bank of the Naktong River, blew up two of its bridges (Waegwan and Tuksong-dong) in an effort to deny their use by the enemy. [end excerpt]
* "Tearing Up the U.S. Paper Tiger in Korea, Part 2: The Chinese People's Volunteers and the Strategy of People's War" [https://archive.today/ZqMeb] [begin excerpt]:
The official U.S. Marine Corps history of the war cites the derisive comment of one marine: "How many hordes are there in a Chinese platoon?"
The Australian journalist Wilfred Burchett wrote: "The Americans explained every defeat as due to ‘overwhelming hordes,’ irresistible as the sea, but on innumerable occasions they suffered heavy defeats by tiny groups of men whose morale was high and who had boundless faith in their cause. It was painful for the Americans to have to admit defeat at all, doubly painful to admit they were defeated on equal terms and ten times as painful to admit they were defeated by inferior numbers of ‘Gooks’ and ‘Chinks,’ as they referred to Koreans and Chinese in their racial arrogance." Source: Burchett, Wilfred, This Monstrous War, International Publishers, 1953, p. 151.
* "Assessing the politics of the Korean War, 1949-51" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011107214645/http://www.kimsoft.com/2001/ussr-kr.htm]
* "The Truth About The US Germ Warfare in Korea" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011030001811/http://kimsoft.com/1997/us-germx.htm]
* "The US Biological Warfare in Korea" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011102222054/http://www.kimsoft.com/2000/mbc.htm]
* 1950 Encephalitis epidemic in Korea [https://web.archive.org/web/20010828101614/http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/history/booksdocs/KOREA/recad2/ch5-3.htm]
Books about the war:
* Book review for "How Many Times Do I Die?", an autobiography of Col. Donald Nichols, the man responsible for organizing and directing Rhee's "anti-red" covert actions in S Korea from 1948 to 1957. [https://web.archive.org/web/20011011235847/http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/nichols.htm]
* Book review for "DARKMOON: Eighth Army Special Operations in the Korean War" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011014233605/http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/darkmoon.htm]
* Book Review for "White Tigers: My Secret War in North Korea" by Col. Ben S. Malcom [https://web.archive.org/web/20011011235845/http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/white-t.htm]
* Unfortunately, the most important archives on the War, those of the CIA on Korea (JACK - Joint Advisory Commission, Korea), have been misplaced; Col. Hans Tofte, who was in charge of the CIA Korean operations from 1950 to 1952, kept and disclosed secret photos, documents and self-serving stories to the press. Col. Tofte was fired for lying and mishandling CIA funds in Korea. Read more about him [https://web.archive.org/web/20011014233605/http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/eyewit9c.htm].
* "The Korean War: 1950 - present" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011014201707/http://www.kimsoft.com/kr-war.htm]
* "The Korean War Covert Action Links" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011103122513/http://www.kimsoft.com/kr-ccrak.htm]
* "North Korean Spy Operations" a history, 1945 to 1995 [https://web.archive.org/web/20011030073125/http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/eyewit9d.htm]
* "The Sacrificial Lamb of the Cold War: The Nationalists of Korea" by Young Sik Kim [https://web.archive.org/web/20011103033939/http://www.kimsoft.com/2001/abook.htm]
* "Eyewitness: A North Korean Remembers" by Young Sik Kim [https://web.archive.org/web/20011011235843/http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/eyewit.htm]
* "With the Century" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011029141312/http://kimsoft.com/war/w-r-0.htm]
* "American Historian Sheds Light on American Involvement in 'April 3 Cheju Massacre' " [https://archive.today/A4irN]
* The Strategy of Civilian Victimization and Massacre in Jeju 4.3 Subjugation Operation [https://archive.today/PLeit]
* "Mass Executions Under U.S. Imposed Dictatorship" (by Steven Argue):
Photo: Cheju 1948, leftist and suspected leftist prisoners awaiting execution by the U.S. imposed dictatorship of Sygman Rhee in South Korea. 60,000 people were murdered in Cheju with U.S. backing. That was one fifth of Cheju Island's population. For the next 50 years it was illegal in South Korea to mention what went on in Cheju. Before U.S. troops were sent into Korea in 1950 to prop up Rhee's dictatorship, Rhee rounded up another 200,000 leftists and suspected leftists from across South Korea and executed them in a desperate attempt to save his unpopular capitalist dictatorship. Between 1950 and 1953, U.S. troops escalated that war against the Korean people, among other crimes, drowning Korean towns in oceans of napalm, murdering 3 million people. From the genocide of Native Americans to the present day imperialist wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Mali, Pakistan, and Colombia; U.S. imperialism is not some misinformed policy, it is a blood sucking system that can only be ended through socialist revolution.
HISTORY AND THE CURRENT CONTEXT
* "The 1811 African Slave Revolt in Louisiana Re-examinations of the resistance to bondage reveal consciousness and organization" (2015-02-03) [http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-1811-african-slave-revolt-in-louisiana/5429149] [https://archive.today/c7rtl] [begin excerpt]: A re-examination of historical documents related to the rebellion along the German coast point to the high degree of organization and discipline exercised by the African leaders who were brought to the area from Haiti and the region now known as Ghana in West Africa. The United States had acquired large swaths of territory in 1803 as a direct result of the collapse of French colonialism and slavery in Haiti, known as the Louisiana Purchase. Africans in Haiti rose up against slavery in August 1791 and continued their struggle for over twelve years defeating not only the French but also the interventions of Spain and Britain. The formation of an African Republic in Haiti in 1804 sent shockwaves through the antebellum South. Enslaved Africans in the South were aware of the Haitian Revolution and consequently sought avenues of escape and revolt against the plantation system. Recent accounts of the Louisiana rebellion of 1811 indicate that those involved in the planning of the break with the slave system were conscious of developments in Haiti as well as the ongoing struggle between Spain and U.S. over control of Florida. [end excerpt]
The Stranger (1946 film), plot synopsis, from Wikipedia [https://archive.today/RhXFJ]:
In 1946, Mr. Wilson of the United Nations War Crimes Commission is hunting for a Nazi fugitive Franz Kindler, a war criminal who has erased all evidence which might identify him. Kindler has assumed a new identity, Charles Rankin, and has become a prep school teacher in a small town in the United States. He has married Mary Longstreet, daughter of Supreme Court Justice Adam Longstreet.
Death Mills (1945), a U.S. War Department documentary on the Nazi death camps directed by Billy Wilder — excerpts of which appear in The Stranger.
In his New York Post columns, actor Orson Welles, who played the starring role in the film, wrote that the social reforms in post-war Germany would not eradicate Fascism; Nazi believers were "laying the fuel for another conflagration..." Welles worked some of these preoccupations into the film: the film openly engages with the fallout of Fascism. In one striking scene Mr. Wilson shows Mary Longstreet some footage of the concentration camps. Mary sits in stunned silence, and Welles holds the camera on a close-up of Loretta Young as the light from the projector flickers across her face. In the scene Wilson says that Kindler "conceived the theory of genocide — mass de-population of conquered countries."
Complete movie, 1 hour, 35 minutes [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_QdZZsU6U]
* "Notorious" (1946), a film directed by Alfred Hitchcock, about USA effort to infiltrate a Nazi hold-out network smuggling uranium in Brazil
* "Cold War Killer File: the Death Squads of El Salvador – Part 1" [https://archive.today/5OXFR]
* "Soviet Prisoners of War: Forgotten Nazi Victims of World War II" [http://www.historynet.com/soviet-prisoners-of-war-forgotten-nazi-victims-of-world-war-ii.htm] [https://archive.today/dbrAF]
* "Ho Chi Minh - An American Ally Betrayed by Washington" [https://web.archive.org/web/20011030000815/http://kimsoft.com/1997/uncleho.htm]
* "Selma‘s Missing Rabbi" (2015-01-20) [http://www.tikkun.org/nextgen/selmas-missing-rabbi] [https://archive.today/EodAu]
Marching from Selma: John Lewis of SNCC, an unidentified nun, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., Ralph Bunche (former U.S. Ambassador to the UN), Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, and Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth. Credit: Creative Commons.
Fascist lies: The following is one of many examples used to show how "communists" not only rule the USA, but that they "oppress" regular people with the word "racism"! An article countering this embarrassing image with information about the communist legacy with racism [https://archive.today/tHLO3]
1990s "Civil War in Albania" [https://archive.today/K2H3f], a collection of documents pertaining to the war by the USA and EU against the People's Socialist Republic of Albania (PSRA)
There was no "Russian Revolution" to establish democracy in the former Soviet Union (USSR). Instead, it was a socialist democracy that was replaced by a capitalist dictatorship! The Federation of Russia's Citizens supported socialism, including guranteed education and old-age pensions, and the Communist Party of Russia was still popular across the entire federation, with enough support to have members elected by popular vote over civil government offices in opposition to the political parties and politicians funded directly by the USA State Department.
* "Yeltsin crushes revolt" (1993-10-05) [http://www.theguardian.com/world/1993/oct/05/russia.davidhearst] [https://archive.today/Yk1IB] [begin excerpt]: With elections promised in December for a new bicameral parliament, the bans will severely limit the options for Russians who oppose Mr Yeltsin. They will also remove the risk that those unhappy with the government's tough economic reforms will vote for communists on the model of Poland. The bans, which were formally signed into effect by Yuri Kalmykov, the justice minister, also hit opponents of Mr Yeltsin in the army.
President Boris Yeltsin moved swiftly last night to stamp his absolute power on Russia by suspending a range of political movements and closing opposition newspapers after the surrender of his main parliamentary opponents in the wake of the assault on the Russian White House.
Under a decree following the state of emergency that Mr Yeltsin imposed on Sunday, the National Salvation Front, the Russian Communist Party, the United Front of Workers and the Union of Officers were banned, while Pravda, the former organ of the Soviet Communist Party, and a number of other papers were told to cease publication. Beside the Union of Officers, a radical movement called Shield was also outlawed. Mr Yeltsin clearly wanted to send a powerful signal to the army that political activity was forbidden. With the collapse of the parliamentary opposition, most of its key figures were under arrest last night, including the former vice-president, Alexander Rutskoi, and Ruslan Khasbulatov, parliament's speaker.
Two hours after the assault began, Mr Yeltsin appeared on television and laid the blame firmly on Mr Rutskoi's and Mr Khasbulatov's shoulders.
Mr Yeltsin said: "We have not been preparing to make war. We were thinking it was possible to make a deal and preserve peace in the capital. Those who began to fire against this city and unleashed this bloodshed are criminals.
"All that was and still is going on in Moscow was an armed revolt planned in advance," he said. "It was organised by Communists seeking revenge, by fascist leaders and some of the former lawmakers. There can be no forgiveness, because they lifted their hand against peaceful people."
After parliamentary supporters were seen to fire the first shots on Sunday, breaking through police lines and launching a bloody attack on the Ostankino television centre, which left 69 dead, Mr Yeltsin wanted to justify his use of heavy armour to crush the rebellion.
"It is clear that the opposition forces started the conflict, and President Yeltsin had no other alternative but to try to restore order,' the US president, Bill Clinton, said.
"The US supported Yeltsin because he is Russia's democratically-elected leader," he said. "I have no reason to doubt the personal commitment that President Yeltsin made to let the Russian people decide their own future in elections.'
In Blackpool, the Prime Minister, John Major, said: "What is now necessary is that normal order is restored and that the Russians move forward to the elections they planned in December."
China was the only major power not to back Mr Yeltsin. "We are deeply concerned about the recent bloodshed in Moscow," the Chinese foreign ministry said in a statement.
"As a friendly neighbour, we hope to see an end to the conflict and a proper solution to the current situation in the interest of the stability, unity and economic recovery.'"
Last night, special forces barred around 1,000 demonstrators opposed to Mr Yeltsin from entering the television studios of St Petersburg.
* "The Myth of 'Totalitarianism' " [https://archive.today/Bn8TB]:
The word “totalitarian” is used often in place of, or as a supplement to, the word “dictatorship,” which actually does have a meaning. A dictatorship, or a rule by a single class unrestricted by any laws, can exist, such as the dictatorship of the proletariat, which is called “totalitarian.” However, liberal democracies are dictatorships of the bourgeoisie, and they are not called totalitarian.
The criteria often given by those that have a definition of “totalitarian” are:
* All facets of society are controlled directly by the dictator and the government through force; the dictator dominates all areas of life without exception.
* A highly militaristic society which glorifies the military and the police, as well as other armed forces of the dictator and the ruling government.
* There is no separation of powers; judiciaries, legislative and executive are all controlled by the dictator or the ruling party.
* The dictator or the party controls the thinking of the masses.
* There is no freedom of speech or religion, no freedom of the arts and no freedom of the press except that which glorifies the dictator.
* Political repression is practiced on those that dissent from the dictator or ruling party.
* Torture of incarcerated persons and political prisoners.
* Forced or compulsory military conscription.
* Subordination of the individual in favor of the dictator and the ruling government.
What is notable about these above criteria? All of them also apply to liberal democracies. One only has to replace “dictator” with “capital” and “the government” with “capitalism.”
"The Byzantine Empire: the historical truth vs. a fabricated history" [http://orientalreview.org/2014/01/18/the-byzantine-empire-the-historical-truth-vs-a-fabricated-history/] [https://archive.today/597g4] [begin excerpt]: It is simply not true that the Roman Empire was destroyed under the onslaught of the barbarians, leading to the onset of the “Dark Ages.”The western part of the empire lay in ruins, but its eastern expanses flourished. There were no “Dark Ages” in the East. On the contrary, there one could find a great empire, unequaled by any. [end excerpt]
"The roots of Russia: From the early East Slavs to the Grand Duchy of Moscow" by Julien Paolantoni of France:
* Part 1 [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/17/the-roots-of-russia-from-the-early-east-slavs-to-the-grand-duchy-of-moscow-i/] [https://archive.today/NXR0n]
* Part 2 [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/18/the-roots-of-russia-from-the-early-east-slavs-to-the-grand-duchy-of-moscow-ii/] [https://archive.today/DTxDO]
* Part 3 [http://orientalreview.org/2015/01/18/the-roots-of-russia-from-the-early-east-slavs-to-the-grand-duchy-of-moscow-iii/] [https://archive.today/I6QHh]
Climate Justice Rally, Join the labor contingent with SEIU 1021
Labor Against Fracking at the March for Real Climate Leadership
Saturday, February 7th - 11am
Meet at the fountain in Oscar Grant Plaza, 14th & Broadway, Oakland, for a labor speakout and to march together.
Last December, Bay Area workers, union organizers, and labor leaders toured several communities in the Central Valley impacted by fracking. What we witnessed was horrifying: fracking wells near agricultural fields, community gardens and elementary schools, poisoning the air and water of working class and immigrant communities, causing an epidemic of asthma and cancer.
At the same time, fracking is accelerating climate disruption, wasting millions of gallons of water daily during the worst drought in state history, and endangering the health and safety of oil and gas industry workers.
For a taste of what we experienced, watch this video about literally the most-fracked-up county in California: Kern County [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH1W9HXne7I].
Now those same unionists are organizing a Labor Against Fracking contingent in the Feb. 7 March for Real Climate Leadership to call on Gov. Jerry Brown to ban fracking in California. We'll march for a just transition away from dirty energy and toward good jobs in community-controlled clean energy.
Downloadable posters, flyers & more [http://marchforclimateleadership.org/resources/]
RSVP on the Facebook event page [https://www.facebook.com/events/799531486784377]
Help save Kern County from fracking -
Kern County is the most-fracked county in California by a wide margin. The region also has the worst air quality in the nation, as well as highly elevated rates of cancer and respiratory illness. For the people that live there, fracking means more oil extraction, more crippling climate impacts, and more impacts on their health.
The residents of Kern County are fighting back. They've invited California Gov. Jerry Brown to come see the impacts of fracking for himself.
Join them by signing the petition to Governor Brown [http://act.350.org/sign/KernCounty/].
Andy Lopez Picket Line
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Every Tuesday)
Sonoma County Courthouse
575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa
RESISTANCE GROWS IN HAITI
5 Years After the Earthquake
11 Years After the Coup
SUNDAY, March 1, 3-5PM
Humanist Hall, 390 - 27th Street, Oakland
Join Haiti Action Committee on the 11th anniversary of the US-backed 2004 coup that overthrew democracy in Haiti. While the US/UN occupation continues to impose President Martelly's dictatorship, popular resistance in Haiti grows.
A two-day general strike ended yesterday that paralyzed Port-au-Prince and many other cities. The popular movements are striking to demand that the entire Martelly government resign. They’re also protesting governmental repression and corruption. Haiti faces a constitutional and profound political crisis.
Join us on March 1st for an in-depth look at this situation.
Sent by Haiti Action Committee
[www.haitisolidarity.net] and on FACEBOOK
Follow us on Twitter @HaitiAction1