Evaluated by Northbay MDS Committees, serving as a 5th World News services [FifthWorldNews.blogspot.com], more news sites: [ww4report.com] [globalresearch.ca] [southfront.org] [fmso.leavenworth.army.mil] [corpwatch.org] [fpif.org]
Recognizing EEZ territorial boundaries [archive.is/wl8Oj]. Including information on Institutions of Self-Government not recognized by the United Nations, as defined by the USA State Dept.'s legal statement supporting unilateral declarations of independence (2009-07) (.pdf) [is.gd/6MJUTQ], and by the UN International Court (2010-07-22) [archive.is/mc6sX].
European racial vanguards
Golden Dawn International [golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.com], European Knights Project [europeanknightsproject.com/category/ekp-news], English Asatru News [englishnews.org/news-central.html], Council of European Canadians [eurocanadian.ca], Albion's People [albionofengland.blogspot.com]. [saxonmessenger.christogenea.org]
* "Neo-Nazis elected to Slovakian parliament for the first time" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/Gsuin]
* "Haunted By Ghosts Of It’s Past, Slovakia In Shock As Far Right Militants Win Seats In Parliament" (2016-03-08, novorossia.today) [archive.is/OI6UI]
* "Black German priest quits diocese after death threats, racial insults" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/bKOca]
* "Canada Welcomes Neo Nazi Andriy Parubiy With Open Arms" (2016-02-29, novorossia.today) [archive.is/0KjeR]
* "Ukraine presents Nazis with SS symbols in European Parliament" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/4dlu7]: From February 29 to March 2 in the European Parliament within the project “Ukrainian Week” initiated by the Ukrainian TV channel “1 + 1” there will be presented photo exhibition showcasing fans of Adolf Hitler.
It’s turned out that on one of the ATO fighters’ raglan there is a logo of the SS Division "Dead head" with a swastika. At the same time the “hero” himself has a swastika tattoo on his bare chest.
The journalist found the name of the “hero” - it’s a former soldier of the "Right Sector" Vladimir Vasjanovich.
On his page in the social network “VKontakte” he puts photos on which he is throwing Nazi zigs, regrets that in the Donbass it is not possible to repeat the Nazi record of the extermination of people, posts pictures of Hitler and so on.
‘I am absolutely convinced that the Viva magazine and the publishing house “Edipress”, closely associated with a highly developed European country, will be able to explain the purpose of this project and the fact that they use outright Nazis in it. I also hope that the European parliament will properly appreciate the exhibition in which one of the characters is an outspoken Nazi and everyone will make right conclusions,’ emphasizes the blogger.
The journalist also says that his blog will be translated into the maximum number of languages.
‘I want Kiev authorities to be seriously pulled up at last and I want it to be recognized that Nazism exists in Ukraine, in absolutely ugly and horrifying forms. It is time to recognize it," says Shary.
According to The Politnavigator
* "Russian embassy attacked by Ukrainian Nazi" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/RnoMb]
United States of Mexico
* "Breaking Bad style: Mexico police find human remains in acid barrels" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/SvUAL]
Republic of Honduras
Most of the comments are collected from the daily "Presente Honduras Digest", and from the "Honduras Solidarity Network" listserve, authored by experts in geopolitics and history of Latin America. Libre is the "leftist" party working to uphold human rights and sovereignty, JOH is the dictator of Honduras supported by the USA.
* "Prize-Winning Honduran Environmental Activist Murdered" (2016-03-03, foe.org) [archive.is/UtT1w] [begin excerpt]: Last night assailants attacked and killed Berta Cáceres, an indigenous activist who earned the Goldman Prize in 2015 for her work stopping a dam project in Honduras.
Cáceres co-founded the Council of Popular and Indigenous Organizations of Honduras, known as COPINH. She won a fight of many years to pressure the world’s largest dam builder, the Chinese state-owned company Sinohydro, to pull out of construction of a complex of large dams known as Agua Zarca.
For over two decades, COPINH’s leadership in defending the lands and peoples of Honduras has earned it countless popular victories. At the same time, the group’s resistance to development megaprojects like dams, mines and forestry concessions has drawn the ire of loggers, dam-builders and palm oil interests. On many occasions, Berta and her colleagues were persecuted, harassed or threatened for their peaceful protests. [end excerpt]
Republic of Cuba (ALBA member)
* "MEO Australia gets support for Cuban oil program" (2016-02-29, UPI Newswire) [archive.is/YcZEs]
1961, the terrorist militia funded by the exiled Cuban oligarchs under the patronage of the USA State Department and Department of Defense invade the Republic of Cuba... and are captured, because they were very unpopular. Many of them trafficked cocaine and heroin before the exile, and continued to do so to fund their invasion and terrorist operations. They are European Hispanics, and extremely racist against the People of Cuba...
While exiled within the USA since 1959, these drug traffickers funneled their money into funding political campaigns, with success as they were under the umbrella of the USA State Department. More information at [archive.is/2Pqpv].
* Photo: Cuban American congressional representatives Lincoln Díaz-Balart (R-Fla), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla) and Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
An earlier, less successful, Cuban exile community in Miami also shows similar racial and capitalist characteristics, photo (1933) [archive.is/sO0Pp], being a reflection of the old Spanish Empire's caste system whereby Hispanic oligarchs had a monopoly over economic, political and social activities.
Republic of Colombia
* "Grassroots Masquerades: Development, Paramilitaries, and Land Laundering in Colombia" (2013-09-11, territorialmasquerades.net) [archive.is/MiM24]: Abstract: This article shows how paramilitaries and allied companies put grassroots development discourses of political participation and subsidiarity, environmental conservation, and ethnic empowerment to work in executing and ratifying their massive land grab in northwest Colombia. More than a case of trying to “whitewash” their malfeasance with fashionable and politically correct development-speak, I argue that the grassroots development apparatus—its discourses, institutional forms, and practices—became utterly instrumental to the illegal land seizures. Moreover, when operating alongside practices of land parcelization, iterative transactions, producers’ cooperatives, and third-party intermediaries, grassroots development facilitated what could be called “land laundering.” In the process, grassroots development became a conduit for paramilitary-backed state formation in which projects of liberal governance commonly associated with the imperatives of institution building, good governance, and the rule of law became perversely compatible with the region’s economies of violence. With the World Bank increasingly concerned over the conflation of fragile states, violent conflict, and alarming land grabs, this article raises questions about how the grassroots solutions currently being endorsed by the Bank can in some cases actually facilitate dispossession, illicit economies, and violent political projects. The way paramilitaries harnessed grassroots development also has critical implications for debates about post-development.
Towards a Bolivarian Republic of Colombia / Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia - People's Army (FARC-EP)
Communiques [http://is.gd/rRiMnb], English Language: Peace Delegation [farc-epeace.org]; Spanish: [farc-epeace.org] [pazfarc-ep.org] [mujerfariana.org] [resistencia-colombia.org]
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (ALBA member)
The majority of the people are no longer in extreme poverty, proving the socialist economic system is working... those who claim that the economy isn't working are instead making reference to the preventive measures against private bureaucracies having control over the economy for the sake of foreign investors.
* "Maduro Creates National Council for Productive Economy" (2016-01-21, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/vFblK]
* "Economic Emergency in Effect in Venezuela, as Supreme Court Rules in Favour of Executive" (2016-02-12, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/pncBL] [begin excerpt]: According to the constitution, an economic emergency decree can legally be declared under “extraordinary circumstances,” which seriously affect the “economic life” of the country.
Some of the proposals that Maduro has included in his state of economic emergency decree include: assigning more resources to public services, clamping down on tax avoidance and evasion, a presidential mandate to increase both public and private national production and creating a more streamlined process for importations.
The decree will also allow the state to oblige individuals to put their “means of transport, warehouses and distribution lines” at the service of the public to combat the economic war.
The decree is set to expire 60 days after it was emitted, but the president can seek to extend the decree pending approval by the National Assembly. [end excerpt]
* "Venezuelan’s Maduro Creates Socialist Enterprise System to Kickstart Production" (2016-02-23, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/mY9v1]: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced Monday the creation of the National Productive Corporation as part of new socialist enterprise system aimed at coordinating efforts among existing state, communal, and mixed firms.
Speaking from the Ana Maria Campo Petrochemical Complex in Zulia state, the leftist leader indicated that the new entity would be tasked with unifying the more than one thousand public enterprises in “single vision of planning, management, productivity, and maximum efficiency”.
Headed by Venezuelan National Telephone Company (CANTV) President Manuel Fernandez, the National Productive Corporation will interface between key public firms such as PDVSA, CONVIASA, CITGO, SIDOR, among numerous others.
In addition to improving efficiency among the country’s labyrinthine array of state companies, the new body is intended to take on “the corruption that has entered all levels of the distributive process like a cancer,” Maduro added, alluding to his government’s ongoing anti-corruption drive that has seen over 55 public employees jailed so far.
To this end, the head of state also outlined the establishment of a new socialist management school for public employees aimed at promoting technical expertise and a new culture of work guided by “a vision towards production”.
The president’s announcements come as the country’s opposition-controlled National Assembly prepares to debate a new law that Chavistas warn will pave the way for the privatization of public enterprises.
Maduro denounced the new legislation and urged workers to mobilize in defense of the public sector.
“It’s a law to privatize and plunder the country like they did when they used to govern, when they privatized SIDOR, CANT, VIASA and put an end to the economic structure of the country, [National Assembly President] Ramos Allup and company.”
“The working class must take to the streets to confront and defeat [the law], you can count on my support to defeat it,” he affirmed.
* "Venezuela Makes $1.5 Billion Bond Payment" (2016-03-01, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/CVNKM]
* "Venezuelan Businessman Replaces Leftist Sociologist as Economy Czar" (2016-02-16, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/P3b1O]
* "Urban Agriculture Minister Vacates Post after Just Two Weeks" (2016-01-25, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/ZVSWe]
* "Top Oil Exporters Agree to Production Freeze as Venezuela Creates Military Oil and Mining Company" (2016-02-16, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/62vhg] [begin excerpt]: Tuesday’s accord follows a new decree issued by Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro last week establishing a new state oil, gas, and mining company under the purview of the Ministry of Defense.
According to the text of the law, the new Military Company for the Oil, Mining, and Gas Industries (CAMIMPEG) will have a mandate to pursue “everything relevant to licit activities of oil, gas, and mining services in general” and will be authorized to engage in “any licit commercial activity related to the [company’s] goal”.
These activities include the “import, export, distribution, commercialization” of products for the oil, gas, mining, and petrochemical industries, the provision of transport services on the “national and international level”, the “construction of public works in general”, among numerous others.
The company’s stock will be owned by the Venezuelan Ministry of Defense, which will be responsible for appointing the board of directors.
Under the decree, CAMIMPEG will be licensed to operate for a period of 50 years, which can be “extended or reduced in accordance with current laws”. [end excerpt]
* "Venezuelans Protest Privatisation of Social Housing as Parliament Approves in First Discussion" (2016-01-30, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/DqxyX]
* "Venezuelan National Assembly to Investigate Expropriated Land, Communes Threatened" (2016-01-29, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/dNc9B]: After passing a motion by majority vote on Tuesday, Venezuela’s National Assembly will launch an inquiry into the expropriations of privately owned land and enterprises spearheaded by the socialist government in past years.
The country’s newly elected parliament, dominated by the right-wing opposition, has vowed to reverse the socialist government’s social and economic policies, which included the breakup of large private firms and landholdings deemed unproductive and their transfer to state, worker, or communal control.
According to the legislative body’s Finance Commission, the investigation will extend to expropriated plantations, enterprises, and agro-industries with aim of “comparing the levels of production before and after expropriation”.
A key target of the parliamentary audit is the state agricultural enterprise Agropatria, which was created following the expropriation of the Spanish agricultural firm Agroisleña.
As the main provider of credits to small farmers, Agropatria has nonetheless been criticized for its failure to promote large-scale agricultural production in the oil-rich country, which has imported the majority of its food items for decades.
State expropriations have also turned over of large tracks of privately-owned land to small farmers and communes under Venezuela’s revolutionary land law, which permits the breakup of idle, outsized states and legalizes campesino land occupations.
A principal beneficiary of this policy has been the country’s growing commune movement which fused direct democratic self-governance with enterprise geared towards local and regional consumption.
In an open letter addressed to President Nicolas Maduro, communes from northwestern Lara state have denounced what they view as the Venezuelan opposition’s first step in revoking their land rights.
The communards took aim at the opposition governor of Lara state, Henri Falcon, who recently called for expropriated firms and plantations to be “returned” to their previous owners, while dismissing the new enterprises and communes as unproductive.
The letter went on to condemn the newly formed National Council of Productive Economy, which Maduro stacked with senior government officials, including Falcon, and top business leaders.
“No dialogue is possible with the Venezuelan ‘business’ sector because that sector doesn’t exist here, in its place there is a string of tie-wearing parasites desperate to obtain more preferential dollars to import goods, half of which they sell here at black market prices and the other half they smuggle to Colombia,” the communards wrote.
The Lara communes called for support from the national government, underlining the achievements of their five communal enterprises, including the construction of 205 houses and two schools, gas distribution to three municipalities, as well as the production of nearly 13 million kilos of corn and 400,000 kilos of meat, among other goods.
* "National Assembly Pushes Ahead with Amnesty Law" (2016-02-05, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/DJgDj]
* "Social Movements Decry Conflict of Interest, as Amnesty Law Passed in First Discussion" (2016-02-17, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/OsBOB] [begin excerpt]: Venezuela’s opposition-majority National Assembly approved the controversial Amnesty and National Reconciliation Law in first discussion yesterday, which could exonerate dozens convicted of various crimes over the last seventeen years, including those responsible for 2014’s violent anti-government protests known as the guarimbas.
As one of the opposition’s signature campaign promises in legislative elections held this past December, the new law is aimed at alleged “victims of political persecution”, the most high-profile of whom is the Harvard-educated lawyer and ex-mayor of Chacao, Leopoldo Lopez.
Lopez was sentenced to 13 years in September for his role in leading the 2014 protests that saw right-wing groups erect violent street barricades in wealthy neighborhoods across the country demanding the “exit” of democratically elected President Nicolas and resulting in the deaths of 43 people, the majority of whom passerby and security personnel.
While Lopez has been hailed as a “political prisoner” by the opposition, the international media, and a host of right-wing Latin American ex-presidents who have clamored for his release, Venezuelan social movements have defended the politician’s conviction and repudiated the proposed amnesty law for its reported sanctioning of impunity.
“We reject this law because it would promote impunity for those responsible for the deaths and injuries of which we’ve been victims,” explains Desiree Cabrera, a spokesperson for the Victims of the Guarimba and Continuing Coup, whose then-19 month old daughter was one of the 94 children trapped in the nursery at the Ministry of Housing and Habitat building in Chacao when it was set on fire by molotov-wielding protesters on April 1, 2014.
The law has, nonetheless, been upheld by opposition legislators who regard it as a necessary step in the path towards “national reconciliation and social peace”. [end excerpt]
* Photo showing the MUD during their celebration during elections. Notice the "Libertad" t-shirt showing Leopoldo Lopez done in the style of the "Obama - Hope" image made famous during 2008. Though the MUD leadership may show "liberal" images in the style of USA politics, liberals in the USA would never have supported Libertarian terrorists killing police and beheading socialists, activities which Leopoldo Lopez coordinated and gave moral support to. Look closely at the photo... those are the masterminds behind intelligence coordination with capitalist death-squads from the Republic of Colombia who murdered over 250,000 socialists in that jurisdiction over a 10-year cylce of terrorism... activities which are being planned to "cleanse" the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
* "Lilian Tintori Criticises Venezuelan Human Rights Record in Mexican Senate" (2016-02-11, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/RhRMk]. The United States of Mexico is a capitalist dictatorship with artificial famine and death squads targeting political movements which are considered "anti-Capitalist". The human rights abuses are worse than the worst described about the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, yet, as long as the upper-class are in power, fascists will ignore such human rights abuses and instead denounce ideologically opposed governments.
Federation of Brazil
* "Brazil mine disaster company settles for $6.2 billion" (2016-03-02, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/xowqM]
* "Aggression against Lula is to accelerate the coup against democracy" (2016-03-04, The National Political Commission of the Communist Party of Brazil-PCdoB):
The former President Lula, respected in Brazil and worldwide, was arbitrarily taken to testify at the Federal Police. It is an unacceptable aggression not only against Lula, but against the democracy itself, with the final goal of accelerating the pro-coup procedure that aims to depose the President Dilma Rousseff.
It is time for mobilization, struggle and vigil of all democrats, of all the living forces of the people and the workers. It is time for indignation, to stand in defense of democracy and of former President Lula, greatest leader and statesman of contemporary Brazil, as it has been said by the people in repeated polls.
The Institute Lula was also a target during this onslaught, and responded with a public statement rejecting with solid arguments all the false accusations launched against the former President. This arbitrariness, this injustice against Lula, started from the “Lavajato” Operation (investigation into corruption at state-owned oil giant Petrobras) that has confronted for months the democratic legality and undertakes a hunt for the former President. There is no reason for Lula to be taken by force by the Feds, since he provided clarification whenever he was invited by the authorities. Spectacular actions of force conflagrate the society and do not contribute to justice and prevent the truth from prevailing.
It is now crystal clear with this episode and many others that the Lava Jato Operation in collusion with the mainstream media has turned into a kind of parallel power formed by the Federal Police, the Judiciary and the Public Prosecutor´s Office. Parallel power that progressively became a giant, imposing methods and the typical practices of a regime of exception, clearly oriented to discredit the Government, to investigate and criminalize only the forces that support, notably the PT (Workers´Party) and its left ally.
This attack is against the strength and hope that the former President represents. The fact that the former President continues to maintain himself – according to the voting polls- competitive for the 2018 presidential elections, which explains the political violence that continues against him.
The truth is one: the neoliberal right is afraid of losing the elections in 2018 to Lula, this is the real reason for the hunt undertaken by the Lavajato Operation against him.
This act of provocation of the Lavajato is also a ploy of the scammers. If there is no reaction, surely they will accelerate the consummation of the coup.
At this decisive time, the PCdoB (Communist Party of Brazil) addresses to all the democratic forces of the nation, the progressive and popular forces, despite the differences, to unite in mobilization, struggle and vigil in defense of democracy and of the democratic State of law.
The PCdoB convokes its militants to engage themselves on this decisive journey in favor of the interests of the people and the nation. Starting from today, we need, in all municipalities in increasingly larger demonstrations together with other progressive forces, to enter in defense of democracy, to repudiate the arbitrariness that tramples the democratic State of law.
Democracy will defeat the coup!
All support to former President Lula!
NEW AFRIKAN PEACE MOVEMENT newswire
[NewAfricaPeace.blogspot.com] An overview of Africa and the Diapora, with the Green Charter Committee, towards Pan-Afrikan Solidarity and Liberation!
Trans-national energy and mineral extraction companies chartered in the USA and EU no longer have a need for maintaining an energy grid. Entire extraction operations can be made "off the grid".
* "Renewables for mining go baseload with a hybrid fuel-solar solution; The combination of concentrated solar power (CSP) and gas or diesel allows for robust power generation in 24/7 applications with different fuel types incl. biogas and off-gas" (2016-02-10, th-energy.net) [archive.is/bNmgz]
* "US top brass urge tighter W. Africa response to Islamist threat" (2016-03-01, AFP newswire) [archive.is/hS430]
* "RFI journalist on terror charges in Cameroon court" (2016-02-29, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/hS430]
* "Green groups urge DR Congo to keep forest moratorium" (2016-03-02, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/sU9jE]
Jurisdiction of Libya
* "The Obama Regime Going To War In Libya On Faulty Intelligence, Yet Again" (2016-03-07, novorossia.today) [archive.is/QlsA1]
* "Sirte : Sunday’s Airstrikes Carried out by Misrata Targeted Civilians, not Da’esh" (2016-03-07, jamahiriyanewsagency.wordpress.com) [archive.is/x5mz6]
Info collected at (vivalibya.wordpress.com):
- "National Health Crisis Places 2 Million Libyans at Risk" [archive.is/6lDn7]
- "One Million Libyans At Risk of Death Due to Lack of Life-Saving Medication" [archive.is/QiWaI]
United Kingdom of Great Britain (UKGB) (EU Member)
* "MPs almost ditched ‘God Save the Queen’ for England-only national anthem" (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/cCaUI]
Republic of Ukraine (EU / NATO associate state)
* "US experiment on Ukraine proves costly for the Ukrainians" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/Hi0x7]
* "Ukrainian TV remembers visa-free regime with Europe of 1941-44" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/k2TqG]: According to The Politnavigator, two years after the victory of Euromaidan Ukraine has completely lost its independence, declared MP of the Verkhovnaya Rada Evgheny Muraev on the TV channel “Inter”.
‘We have completely lost our independence. Our country is under external management. We listen to Biden. Call to the US State Department and they will immediately tell you whether there will be held elections or whether there is a coalition. Call to the IMF and they will say whether there will be reforms or whether we will have the money. We have lost all the markets, we are fully controlled from the outside,’ said Muraev.
‘We are just not waited for there (in the West). We are a free labor force. We have only once had a visa-free regime with Europe - in 1941-44 when the free trains were taking Ukrainians away to work,’ continued the MP.
‘Yes, we are under external control. But Biden's management is better than Putin's one," protested Orest Sokhar, the chief editor of the site “Obozrevatel”, presented in the studio.
* "Medvedchuck: Ukraine’s course towards Association with EU appeared to be failed" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/rs6Lz]
* "Russian official: EU gives cold shoulder to Ukraine’s 'Big Parasite Doctrine' " (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/kDr1N]
* "EU’s refusal to accept Ukraine exposes Kiev’s deceit of its own people, says Russian MP" (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/2ffuV]
* "European Union extends sanctions against 16 Ukrainian nationals" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/ZBYxc]
* "Ukraine Collapse Is Now Imminent" (2016-02-27, gefira.org) [archive.is/Ca3Lr] [begin excerpt]:Two years have passed since Yanukovich was deposed and, as it turns out, another ruthless clan of oligarchs has taken power. No wonder then that Ukraine is heading for a new wave of violence and chaos. Oligarchs are fighting each other, the IMF is pulling out of the country, officials issue laws and regulations only to see them repealed within a day or two by others, and raided European companies are leaving the country after being robbed by the so-called pro-Brussels oligarchic elite.
It was evident from the beginning that the US and NATO-sponsored power transition was doomed to fail. Prime Minister Yatsenyuk made no secret on his personal website about his principal partners, NATO and Victor Pinchuk’s foundation. Victor Pinchuk is a link between the Ukraine corrupt oligarchic establishment and the Western political elite. In 2005, the BBC depicted him as a paragon of Ukraine’s kleptocracy [archive.is/k1vfg]: “Ukraine’s largest steel mill has been bought by Mittal Steel for $4.8bn (£2.7bn) after an earlier sale was annulled amid corruption allegations.
The Kryvorizhstal mill was originally sold to the son-in-law (Mr. Pinchuck) of former President Leonid Kuchma for $800m. It was one of the scandals that sparked the Orange Revolution and propelled President Viktor Yushchenko into power.” [...]
Ihor Kolomoyskyi is the oligarch President Poroshenko installed as governor of Dnepropetrovsk. That Kolomoyskyi enjoyed the full protection of Poroshenko became apparent as he was not prosecuted after he had orchestrated an armed raid on UkrTransNafta Ukraine state-owned oil firm. To spare President Poroshenko the embarrassment, Kolomoyskyi offered his resignation.
Ihor Kolomoyskyi is the founder of the Brussels-based European Jewish Parliament that served to increase his influence in Brussels. A worrisome sign that Ukraine’s political rot is spreading into the European Union. [end excerpt]
* "The corruption that fueled Ukraine’s 2014 revolution won’t go away" (2016-02-28, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/5FXBm]
* "US Army: 'Ukraine Is Ours'; As tensions flare worldwide between east and west, one might think some diplomacy in public relations might be in order. But the United States Army has gone out of it's way to state it's commitment to Ukraine's defense will run to 2020 and beyond" (2016-02-25, by former CIA operative David Simpson, dninews.com) [archive.is/3gH66]
* "US secret: When the war in Ukraine to be over" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/dBKqw]: The recent statement of the US Ambassador Jeffrey Payette about Ukraine as ‘an agrarian superstate’ in the long term revelas the secret plans of the Americans concerning the relatively former Soviet republic, considers the political expert Semyon Uralov.
"The statement of the US Ambassador about ‘the agrarian superstate’ was the most important one on the Ukrainian crisis. It means that the land and the accompanying infrastructure like ports should be sold to the White Gentleman.
"Hence, the war will be boosted by the USA until blackearths are sold at the auction. Preferably for settling the debts. Assets should be bought at the minimum price. That’s why the war is necessary – it gives a possibility to buy for a mere song.
"And one the land is gone, then the war may be also finished. The assets will grow at once. And it does not necessarily mean that the USA need the Ukrainian land for establishment of ‘the agrarian superstate’. It is much easier to sell it to the same very Russia and China.
Nothing personal. Only business. So the war will go on until the land is privatized."
* "What Yatsenyuk has been squealing about for years" (2016-03-03, dninews.com) [archive.is/GOTF1]
* "Yatsenyuk announced the sale of 1 million hectares of Ukrainian land" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/NFGWO]
* "Yatsenyuk offered to sell the Chernovitskaya region" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/50qoZ]
* "Companies of both the EU and USA interested in Ukrainian gas" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/3zrbs]
* "Both Poroshenko and Yatsenyuk rob Ukraine" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/WcZMb]
* "US ambassador sentenced Ukraine to famine" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/ySp3h]: Ukraine’s transformation into an ‘agricultural superpower’ promises it to famine and devastation. It was stated by Iskander Khisamov, a well-known journalist and political scientist, at a press conference in Kiev, reports The Politnavigator.
According to the expert, over the years of independence Ukraine that was one of the 20 largest economics in the world has fallen to the level of African countries.
‘Ambassador Jeffrey Payette said that Ukraine should be an agrarian superpower. This is a verdict. Ukraine used to be an industrial-agrarian country, it was one of the 20 largest economics in the world, if to take it separately from the Soviet Union, produced high-tech equipment, and so on. Now it has already become an agricultural-industrial country because the agricultural sector has taken the first place in the export structure, with the metallurgy and chemistry having been pushed behind. So, it turns out that an ‘agricultural superpower’ is a raw material appendage of the developed world… Famine occurs only in agrarian countries. In industrialised countries there is no famine. That's what we are getting to,’ said Khisamov.
* "Washington Post closes project Ukraine" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/OO4h2]: The well-known American edition is confident that the government of Yatsenyuk is not sustainable and there are soon coming parliamentary elections which, however, will only aggravate the situation in the country as corruption has grown in full force.
‘Crony capitalism was one of the main reasons why the protesters overthrew the pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych's government in 2014,’ said the newspaper Washington Post, reports The Politnavigator.
At the same time the newspaper writes that after two years of the pro-Western government, pro-European reforms, corruption rekindles political crisis in Kiev.
Billions of dollars are at stake, most of them in state-owned enterprises, as well as the interests that supposedly apply to the Ukrainian authorities by, in particular, business circles close to the President Poroshenko and Prime Minister Yatsenyuk.
‘Ukraine's parliament is falling apart by the day, and the government is more concerned about survival than about measures to ensure broad changes,’ the newspaper notes, predicting pre-term parliamentary elections.
At the same time, the newspaper points out, the IMF can block aid package since it does not allocate it in the interim period, which will lead to the collapse of the economics of the country.
Three former Presidents of the Republic of Ukraine are denouncing USA domination over the Ukrainian People.
* "Yanukovich is ready to come back to Ukraine" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/9e5DV]
* "Kravchuk accused West of playing games against Ukraine" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/pbJSG]
* "Yushchenko accused West of betraying Ukraine" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/m6pRi]
* "Ukrainian authorities delay Donbass elections due to lack of prospects for their victory" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/j9i11]: The reason why the problem of the elections in Donbass and early elections to Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada remains unresolved is because the central authorities of Ukraine are fully aware of the lack of prospects for their victory - former Ukrainian Economic Development Minister and finance expert Viktor Suslov, reports TASS [archive.is/uHgpz].
"I think the root of the problem is that the current Ukrainian authorities have no chance of winning the elections in Donbass as well as in the event of the early Verkhovna Rada elections", he said.
According to Suslov, the lack of prospects for winning these elections makes them unnecessary for them, "the more so because they will be monitored by international observers."
* "Ukrainians submitted tens of thousands of complaints to European Court of Human Rights" (2015-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/LG5fX]
* "In Cherkassy region peasants rebelling" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/KEqfg]: Today, residents of the two villages of the Bershad district of the Cherkasy region blocked the road to Uman, fighting for the increase in purchase prices for milk, reports The Politnavigator.
Farmers of the Bershad district have been on strike for five days, demanding to increase the procurement price of milk in order to save their own farms. Today people blocked the road that leads to Uman two times, first near the village of Beryozky Bershadskye and then near the village of Dzhulinka.
A couple of hours later the road was unblocked. However, farmers continue to protest and stay on duty on schedule. They do not let milk tankers pass through the village.
On the whole, today farmers of 17 localities of the Bershadsky district demand the fair milk prices.
* "In Ukraine "social" tariff for gas will increase by 53%" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/jYqPd]
* "New higher rates hit south of Ukraine, sparing west" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/sNkbV]: The new higher tariffs which came into force on 1 March in the Ukraine are unfair to the residents of the south. The western regions, on the contrary, are in a better position, reports The Politnavigator.
It was stated by Ivan Plachkov, the former Minister of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine, on air of the Radio News.
According to him, formally tariffs are the same for all regions and citizens of Ukraine, but not all localities have gas and coal.
‘Recently I have been to Lvov. In a village in the Lvov region there is gas, coal is mined nearby, there is electricity. On the other hand, in a town of Kilia in the south of the Odessa region there is no gas, no coal, only electricity. So people heat themselves with electricity and, of course, they will consume more than a hundred kilowatt and will receive incredible bills. Let’s take a resident of the town of Kilia who heats himself with electricity. He exceeds the limit and pays for this heat a certain amount of money. At this time in the Sumy or Lvov region a resident heats himself with gas and coal and pays five times less. Is it fair?" said Plachkov.
* "Ukraine threatens to stop transit of Russian gas to get Savchenko released" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/RYQUT]
* "Poroshenko: Ukraine will never recognize Crimean residents as citizens of Russia" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/AKjpB]
* "Ukrainian diplomat: There will be a war for the Crimea" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/a6Y0f]
* "Kiev delivered Crimean Tatars to Lugansk region" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/ahKEC]
* "New Ukrainians legend: NATO troops in Donbass learn to fight against Russia" (206-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/KQqY5]
* "Poroshenko’s General Staff admitted capture of entire left-bank Ukraine by Russia" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/0M5dQ]: In the case of a full-scale war between Ukraine and Russia, the APU will cause damage of 20 thousand soldiers to the Russian troops. It was stated by Valentyn Fedichev, the director of the Department of Social and Humanitarian Policy of the Defense Ministry of Ukraine, reports the Politnavigator.
According to him, the number of casualties was calculated by specialists of the Ukrainian General Staff in exercises.
‘If there were a full-scale war ... Believe me, we held exercises during which we calculated what would happen if the opponent used the aircraft, if the grouping, standing now at our borders, went on the offensive. The calculations have shown 20 thousand killed in the enemy’s group that would attack..Thus, the enemy would come to the Dnieper and, in fact, destroy its ground troops. We already know how to fight. The General Staff takes it into account and we are preparing for it,’ said Fedichev.
Answering the question of the host about the losses of the Ukrainian troops in this case, Andrey Teteruk, a MP of Ukraine and the former commander of the battalion “Peacemaker". said, ‘Five or six thousand, approximately, of casualties on our side’.
* "USA to provide extra 250 million dollars to Ukraine" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/TVG8E]
* "LPR: US deployed two electronic intelligence stations in Ukraine" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/uj8co]
* "Romania gives military equipment and cloth to Ukraine" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/PK0Yc]
* "Innovations Kiev-Style: Ukraine Starts Testing Its ‘Invincible’ Tank; The Ukrainian military has begun testing its new 'superweapon', which was designed by National Guard grunts" (2016-03-05, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/dad8m]
* "Kiev university gave Ukrainian map without Crimea to its students" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/3Clbz]
* "Ukrainian Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Separatism Calls on the Internet" (2016-03-04, translated by Ollie Richardson for Fort Russ, fort-russ.com) [archive.is/ZJlPL]: The Desnianskyi district court in Chernigov has sentenced a local resident to five years in prison for distribution of materials with anti-Ukrainian slogans.
According to the press service of the Prosecutor General, in June 2015, the man repeatedly circulated material on the Internet which called for actions aimed at changing the boundaries of the territory or the state border of Ukraine. It was noted that he did it for financial reward.
According to expert opinion, the widespread information contained public appeals aimed at conducting military operations with the aim of further expansion of illegal state formations (self-proclaimed republics).
In turn, the defendant did not plead guilty. However, the court still sentenced him to five years of imprisonment with the confiscation of property.
* "Kiev put 30 million UAH into developing propagandistic telecasting in Donbass" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/VakLu]
* "Yatsenyuk: government is under pressure from those seeking to get to power" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/WjH6I]
* "Poroshenko fears the Right Sector more than Putin" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/94jZy]
* "In Ukraine millions of unaccounted “barrels” are at large" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/iaHla]: In the warehouses of the Ministry of Interior there is a huge number of unregistered weapons that can be used in the struggle for power.
It was stated by colonel Valery Kur, the founder and head of the Criminal Intelligence Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (1994 -. 2000) and an honorary member of the International Police Association, at a press conference in Kiev, reports The Politnavigator.
‘There are millions of loose barrels. I mean all kinds of weapons. And let me tell you that any statistics cheat, showing, as a female skirt, as much as necessary. Do not believe the statistics. Today, it is not kept on purpose. I suppose that even at warehouses of the special units, I'm sorry, and the Interior Ministry there is a lot of unaccounted weapons. What for? I suppose to use it in the struggle for power,’ said the colonel.
* "Ultras, nationalists march through Odessa as OHCHR slams 2014 massacre investigation" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/QwgWk] [begin excerpt]: Hundreds of football fans, far-right nationalists and pro-Kiev activists marched through the streets of Odessa, where back in 2014 a similar event erupted in massacre. Meanwhile the UN human rights watchdog has criticized authorities for stalling its investigation.
Nationalist slogans could also be heard at the march, such as: “Ukraine is above all”, “Heroes of the War in the East: Glory, Glory, Glory” and “Glory to the nation! Death to enemies!” [...]
The OHCHR also observed regular inconsistences in “engagement of law enforcement in ensuring peaceful assemblies initiated by the ‘profederalism’ movement or its supporters.”
“Generally, ‘pro-unity’ activists prevented ‘profederalism’ activists from exercising their right to freely and peacefully assemble, regardless of the motivation for the rally,” the human right report noted. [end excerpt]
* " ‘There will be no EU in 5 years, only Ukraine’ – Radical Party MP" (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/dEPVp]
* "Most of Ukrainian ‘volunteers’ came to Donbass for enrichment" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/S40J6]
* "Poland's right-wing Party calling for construction of a wall on border with Ukraine" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/uullr]
* "Ukrainian radicals blocking Russian trucks at border with Belarus" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/vDIGF]
* "Leak: Poroshenko gives a part of Kherson region for Tatar enclave" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/JNLYo]
* "European Parliament proposed to create terrorist office in Kiev" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/yjmjK]
* "Lvov recognised Ukraine as mostly Russian-speaking" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/eEprd]
* "Lvov authorities evict the Russian Cultural Center from premises" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/XDXEK]
* "Ukrainian intelligence agencies beat out confessions" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/fFVUT]
* "Сhief witness in the case of Odessa Maidanovtsy recanted his testimonies" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/LxsVj]
* "On the Second Anniversary of Maidan, the Truth Starts to Come Out" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/SqEBh]
* "Lvov journalist: Maidan was rather anti-Russian than pro-European" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/atLor], a significant statement in that the USA State Department has been dictating that the "Maidan revolution" coup in the Republic of Ukraine was because the People wanted to join the European Union, without mentioning the Eurasian Union membership alternative the majority in the Republic of Ukraine's eastern regions were supporting.
* "People gathered near Ukrainian embassy in Moscow for peaceful protest" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/YF1Q2]
Instead of thousands of words...
The population graph for the Soviet Socialist Republic of Ukraine, followed by the capitalist Republic of Ukraine:
* "Intelligence Briefing: Crimes of Omission" (2016-03-02, by ex-CIA Agent David Simpson for DONi News Agency, dninews.com) [archive.is/Of0yv]:
In fairness to Russia, a visit to the Russian Ministry of Defense web site has no military command devoted to Donbass. Nor any command tasked to deal with the aggressive nature of it's Ukrainian neighbor. In fact the Russian reaction is best summed up as simply a lack of reaction. That does not mean Russia is not concerned about what happens here, it would be fair to say that they are not using Donbass as a pretext for jump starting their economy or launching a new cold war as the West is with it's Ukrainian involvement.
But in reviewing the US involvement in a country that does not share it's borders and is literally an entire ocean away from America, one finds some truly disturbing examples of America's love for crimes of omission. The activities of JMTGU are well cataloged and focus on such mundane events as dining in the Ukraine, visits by Poroshenko or visits to Ukrainian school kids to teach English. One particular video supposedly shows Kiev Ukrainian Junta forces being trained in the accepted international norms in the rules of war, which is positively absurd for this journalist as the only targets I have seen hit by the attendees of this "training" have been civilian ones, making the US really bad at training or accessories to war crimes, before and after the fact.
I know I'm prejudiced in my reporting, I don't claim to be otherwise. Still, even the most unbiased observer can get "goosebumps" watching a US military Chaplin observing a Ukrainian military formation in Lvov commemorate the deaths of Nazi comrades killed in WWII. The American Chaplin openly draws parallels between how the Ukrainians and Americans are both fighting for what is right and the future of their people. Of course, omitting that the people being honored wore Nazi German uniforms, killed millions of civilians and were tried and convicted by the Chaplin's own US Army at a place in Germany, some who studied history might remember as NUREMBERG. So many crimes, ah, so many omissions.
One of the problems with doing my job, is the "joy" of researching information like this, but nothing in 6 years of university, 3 years with the CIA or 3 ex wives ever prepared me for the brick wall of insanity I encountered when I reviewed JMTGU's story entitled, "Ukraine shares its history with Sky Soldiers." Here, no joke is a direct quote from Professor Ivan Fedyk, an expert from the Ukrainian Ivano-Frankov University who as part of the explanation of why Ukraine needs to fight Russia, casually stated,"“Ukraine is the birthplace of the Russian people." I am mentally picturing the look on Vladimir Putin's face or perhaps Alexander Zakharchenko's laughter and no doubt expletive response. You can't make insanity like this up. Only through the twisted Orwellian bowels of US propaganda can intelligent, university educated people step so far off the path of history as to forget it's most basic lessons in an effort to intellectually defraud consumers of their words with twisted lies.
The same story and sadly there are 60 plus excursions into the twilight zone of sanity on JMTGU's web portal. But let's stay on the history one just a little while longer as Yura Katchuk a school teacher involved on the field trip stated, “We bring the children here to show them the struggle Ukraine has faced against Russia. We show the children that the events they see today are not new, but a continuation of a struggle over 100 years-old.” The story then has the "happy ending" theme so common to American propaganda hatchet jobs as it adds, "When the children realized that the paratroopers were here with Ukrainian national guard troops, they insisted on a group photograph and thanked the paratroopers for helping Ukraine build its military. They also gave thanks to the Ukrainian national guard soldiers for defending their country.
According to Fedyk, many Ukrainians do not realize that the hybrid war with Russia today is almost the same as in WWI, Ukrainians forced to fight other Ukrainians. During WWI, the Russian empire had almost 3.5 million Ukrainian conscripts.At the end of the trip, both U.S. and Ukrainian partners walked down the mountain together, reminded that history should not be forgotten for the lessons it provides us today."
What could have been missed in this Americanized version of why Russia is Ukraine's enemy? Maybe the FACT Russia fought during WWII and lost 25 million men and women to liberate Ukraine and others from Nazi Germany. Or maybe we could ask the Ukraine's once thriving Jewish community about their opinion as to why Russia is Ukraine's enemy, but that will prove hard since the Nazi Ukrainians and their Germany masters killed most of them. Just so we do our due diligence here at DONi, let me offer the full overview on the subject of what the US Army left out of it's reporting from Wiki, "The Holocaust in Ukraine took place during the occupation of Ukraine by Nazi Germany. Between 1941 and 1945, approximately 3,000,000 Ukrainian and other non-Jewish victims were killed as part of Nazi extermination policies, along with between 850,000 - 900,000 Jews who lived in the territory of modern Ukraine. Original plans of genocide called for the extermination of 65% of the nation's 23.2 million Ukrainians, with the remainder of inhabitants to be treated as slaves.Over 2,300,000 Ukrainians were deported to Germany for slave labor.In ten years' time, the plan effectively called for the extermination, expulsion, Germanization or enslavement of most or all Ukrainians."
After a visit with the US Army's version of why America needs to involve itself in Ukraine's internal conflict and "common values" I am left to conclude that at no point in history has there ever been crimes of omission quite like the American ones.
* " 'Russian aggression' is a flotation ring for Kiev" (2016-03-05, novorossia.today) [archive.is/BXYEe]:
Today, 2nd March 2016 head f the MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) Pavel Klimkin stated that 9000 people died as a result of Russian aggression more than 20 000 got wounded [archive.is/ePpE9]. Curiously enough, Kiev authorities keep a wary eye on losses among civilians in Donbass, however that are decreased. These are the latest official data of the UN that were provided in December 2015 by April 2015 [archive.is/rD4RP].
‘Russian aggression led to 9000 casualties, and more than 20 000 were wounded, and 2 million migrated’, Klimkin stated.
It is very comfortable to hang on Russia deaths of civilians against whom Ukrainian authorities wage war , and it was pointed out that 2 million people migrated, however, it was not explained where exactly people moved. Of course, it would sound at least strange if it would have been said that Donbass people find rescue in the territory of “aggressor” Russia.
According to the latest estimation, 1 million 103 thousand citizens of Ukraine were accepted by Federal Migration Service of Russian Federation in 2015, RIA Novosti reports.
Altogether, there are 1 million 103 thousand Ukrainian citizens only from region of south-east, and altogether from Ukraine are 2,5 million.
Pay attention that refugees not only from south-east are living now in the territory of RF, however, people from other Ukrainian regions escaped from “great life” of mobilization who did not want paying service to “Edyna Ukraina”. The first wave of forced migration was in summer 2014, and the second was in winter 2015 [https://youtu.be/AqqaOzRqtzc].
It is necessary to point out that Ukrainian mass media resources announced approximately the same number of refugees to Ukraine, nevertheless [archive.is/Fvo5c], it was not confirmed by any service [http://is.gd/StV497].
We all remember perfectly that Ukraine promised to accept citizens of eastern region, how it considers of “united Ukraine’, to protect them and to do everything to make people feel not discriminated. Anyone denies that there was a small percent of population that looked for aid in the territory of Ukraine; however, they faced such difficulties that were not promised by Kiev.
Probably, in order not to prejudice rights citizens of Donbass were deprived of vote right.
Paradox, Ukraine provided “right” for refugees to run for mayor f the city, however, they were not provided right to vote. Nevertheless, it is not the worst thing; refugees who tried to escape from war in Kiev can be on the street. 265 people from Donbass have been already living in ne of the hotels of Kiev for 1.5 year, owner of the building stopped paying bills for housing services.
The debt has been already reached 2.5 million UAN. Company Gelios that is the owner of the resort house demands this sum from Donbass refugees. People have been already living 6 months without water and gas, sometimes there is n light. Their houses were destroyed as a result of shelling. And they are trying to keep their places in the hotel. They are ready to pay bills, however, in accordance with other tariffs as private persons, but not legal bodies.
Kiev authorities manipulated by America insists persistently that Russia is “aggressor”, without turning attention to suffering of Donbass people, problems faced by refugees in Ukraine, how Russia express “aggression” in Donbass in reality and what local population think about this.
In fact, simply every citizen of Donbass says that Russia helps with products, cloths, literature, grains, building materials. The only way is to wait when America stops helping to Ukraine, and absurd statements of Yatsenyuk, Poroshenko and Klimkin will lose any meaning.
Union of People's Republics of Novorossiya
For more info, with maps, and link, visit [NovorossiyaSolidarity.blogspot.com]; More news [dninews.com]
* "Russia recognized LPR and DPR documents" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/zTWwX]: The Russian Federation allowed the owners of the LPR and DPR passports and other documents to cross the border and stay on the territory of the country, reported the Command of the Russian Federal Border Police in the Rostov region.
The same rights were gained by cars' owners with registration plates of the Republics.
'The People having cars with the license plates given in the DPR or LPR have a full right to move across the territory of the Russian Federation as participants of the international traffic,' commented the Command of the Russian Internal Affairs' Ministry's Traffic Police Department in Moscow.
It should be noted that some citizens with new types of the Ukrainian passports have problems with entrance to the territory of Russia.
* "Pushilin: Inability of Kiev to negotiate is the only obstacle to elections in Donbass" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/FIHI8]
* "Contact Group endorsed ban on exercise and demining schedule in Donbass" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/i6D1k]
* "DPR takes Donetsk railway out of Ukrainian legal framework since March" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/Gxlgm]
* "The first interrepublican train "Lugansk-Yasinovataya" begins traffic on March 1" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/di1ma]
* "First passenger train Lugansk-Yasinovataya started to DPR" (2015-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/Xs5rW]
* "World Federation of Trade Unions delegation arrived to LPR to see true situation in Donbass" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/JMDrn]: The delegation of the World Federation of Labor Unions (WFLU) arrived to the LPR to see the true situation in Donbass - the general secretary of Austrian FLU Oliver Jonischkeit.
Today the delegation of WFLU within three-day visit to the LPR visited the localities of Novosvetlovka and Khryashchevatoye that had been destroyed by the Kiev security officers.
Oliver Jonischkeit noted that mass media of the European Union hadn't provided information on the events in Donbass and even if there was shown up any information it is openly moved in support of the Kiev position. "I think that it is very important to report about a true situation here to Austria, in particular, to my colleague from the Labor Union... When we return, we are going to organize information motives about a real situation in Lugansk."
* "Kiev not to want implement Minsk 2 - main problem of peaceful process in Donbass" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/wM51T]
* "Crisis News" with your American Host Zak Novak, at Novorossia Rocks Radio Station, broadcasting from downtown Donetsk. Videos posted at Novorossia TV world [youtube.com/channel/UCWxZqQ2z4Uv8-CUp1ttIWmg]
- (2016-03-08) [novorossia.today/106733-2] [https://youtu.be/hWXBcIAP33g]
- (2016-03-04) [youtube.com/watch?v=o4-64YD9rK4]
- (2016-03-02) [youtube.com/watch?v=0OjQDB5hgCQ]
- (2016-02-29) [youtube.com/watch?v=yZEF58QPaTE]
- (2016-02-24) [youtube.com/watch?v=iaWKB8I0Lhg]
- (2016-02-22) [youtube.com/watch?v=DBRqsHm5B3s]
- (2016-02-19) [youtube.com/watch?v=P06OYJyjp0I]
* "Donbass is forced to silence – Facebook information blockade against DONi and the truth" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/1mN08]
* "Facebook bans DONi Donbass News Agency site - Information blockade widens in West" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/kKLaJ]:
Facebook has censored a popular, accreditated and officially supported DONi Donbass International News Agency main FB-site on Tuesday 1.3. evening. Banning of DONi was done in the midst of harsh escalation of the armed conflict in Donbass, and it happened just after the press conference which had been held in the Lugansk capital, where opening of the new DONi Lugansk branch was announced by the Director and Chief-Editor Janus Putkonen. Also Putkonen's personal FB-account was frozen for the coming three days.
FB closed the official DONi news page having accused DONi News Agency of breaking FB-rules and we are charged with "spreading hatespeech". DONi Director's personal FB-account was frozen under the same pretext. "I am amazed, I haven't heard before about any official news agency site banned from Facebook", said the Director of DONi News."Was this done only because we keep widening our news coverage from Donbass?"
"It's clear that we haven't broken any rules, so this means, that there are no rules left", commented Janus Putkonen on Facebook's sudden decission to close the rapidly growing DONi FB-site which had gathered almost 4,000 likes and kept collecting averagely 200 likes per week.
"We report the western audience the situation in Donbass and yes, we widely cover the facts and documents bearing evidence of the cruel reality - how the Ukrainian nazi-batallions are attacking the Donbass defenders, cities and civilian targets. It's clear that the bloody and Western backed military provocations, committed by the Kiev forces, don't suit the Western media narrative and the picture they want to show about Donbass. In fact, it's the truth about Donbass, what doesnt't fit at all the western agenda", continued Putkonen.
"Today's Facebook is not an objective internet platform for open and friendly discussions and sharing information. Just contrary to that, it has become a highly politized weapon of mass distortion to rule people's views and understanding. What had been presented as a friendly platform, silently turned into the dangerous media weapon and it's policies are taken over by the western geopolitical interest groups. We need to understand, that Facebook is controlled by the same international power structure, which promotes the western hegemony over the world. This hegemony of the western ideology has been implemented into people's daily discussions and everything challenging this corporate mainstream media supported narrative, gets cornered, banned and stamped as a threat", said Putkonen.
"What we can see, is that in FB there is no room for challenging discussions of the world's multipolarism, which is widely supported by the Russian world and its allies. Basically everything challenging the western rule and its interests, is today something what is called hatespeech", said Putkonen. "Fascism always needs сensorship".
"DONi News Agency and Press Center is a privately funded and non-profit making multiple language newsroom, which is based in Donetsk and Lugansk. Together with the local staff, we provide a daily outlook of the reality in Donbass. So it means that we give voice to the Donbass people and its defenders, who are fighting this very minute against the attacking Nazi-troops. It's a fact that we can hear the sound of battles in our offices right now, and that fact is a part of the information blockade in the West these days," says Putkonen and asks a serious question, "so what is the truth about the western "hatespeech?"
"Those telling the truth, are what they hate most. Every independent and alternative media is in great danger coming from the hegemonic facebook-policy. Under the blatant cover of hatespeech the elite rule is waging brutal aggression against people's freedom of speech", concluded Putkonen.
HELP US - LIKE US!
DONi News Agency FB-feed is turned to the official DONi Press Center facebook site. Please, keep following our news and show your support by inviting friends and spreading our news: [facebook.com/dnipress.en/]
DONi News Agency in Vkontakte (VK) social media: [vk.com/dninews_en]
Director and Chief-Editor Janus Putkonen: [facebook.com/janus.putkonen] [vk.com/janusdoni]
* "DONi Donbass News Agency banned from Facebook - NTV News" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/Vrkuq]: NTV News visited DONi News Agency in Donetsk and TV-interview with Chief Editor, Janus Putkonen was broadcasted on Friday. 'International reporter's team DONi News tells the truth about events in Donbass', told NTV to its Russian audience when reporting about banning of DONi News from Facebook.
Watch subtitled NTV-video report below!
"The western media intentionally don't tell about the events in Donbass. The international team of journalists of the DONi News Agency attempts to break through the information blockade. They tell about events in 12 languages. Often it is the one and only opportunity for the western audience to learn not only the position of Kiev, but also to hear the voice of Donbass.
There are 15 of them – the journalists working at the International News Agency DONi. They are writing articles for the foreign audience up to 12 languages. That is both military reports, and interviews with the authorities of two Republics, and reports from the fighting positions. Over the Internet the agency has already several thousands readers. The main, English-language version of the news website was collecting its subscribers in the social network Facebook.
Janus Putkonen, the Director of DONi is sure that blocking of the website is an act of the information war. The Finnish journalist Putkonen says that over the period of his working in publishing he has never faced the situation when the officially accredited international agency would have its access to the reader blocked, particularly without a word of warning.
The blocking of the website coincided in time with opening of the DONi office in Lugansk and aggravation of the military situation in Donbass. The last several days the shellings are heard more and more loudly. 'You can hear the bombing on the background. That bombing has to be stopped,' Putkonen said.
He arrived in Donetsk more than a year ago as a reporter of the Finnish periodical, but decided to stay, maybe, forever. His views of the causes of the conflict in Donbass, the policy of the Ukrainian authorities, reaction and behaviour of many western countries are surprisingly similar to what is told by people here, in the 'anti-terrorist operation zone', as if Putkonen himself were of the Donbass origin. Besides, in Russian he has learnt only two words – 'da' (yes) and 'kurit' (to smoke).
Janus Putkonen: 'And… Like I have said, as goes Donbass, so goes the world. We can't lose the world. It is the epicentre of a huge geopolitical struggle, and there are no hide-away places'.
Over the working place of the Chief-Editor there is placed the portrait of the Head of the DPR Alexander Zakharchenko, and in his computer there are the pictures from the hottest spots of Donbass which the journalist has visited. The agency has been working for less than a year, but its founder has awards for his work already, for example, a medal from the Eurasian People's Front in commemoration of the establishment of Novorossia.
In the western countries there is more often heard only one party to the conflict, says Janus Putkonen. His agency attempts to break through the information blockade."
In more detail on НТВ.Ru: [ntv.ru/novosti/1611041/?fb#ixzz41wqr5Hu8]
DONi News Agency video [youtube.com/watch?v=7W77pSt8AtY]: Svyatoslav Gordin, Sergei Smirnov, NTV Company, Donetsk
Blocked DONi News Main FB-site: [facebook.com/DONiNewsAgency]
Follow DONi newsfeed - Like us now: DONi Press FB-site! [facebook.com/dnipress.en]
DONi News in Vkontakte (VK): [vk.com/dninews_en]
* "Interview with luganchankoy, returned from captivity Ukrainian" [youtube.com/watch?v=tfSIOgu-tUk]
* "Women's liberation from captivity Ukrainian shares his memories"[youtube.com/watch?v=DE1pZl7yJAE]
Attacks against the People's Republics of Novorossiya (a daily calender)
* Lugansk Defense: Situation Report, 27.02.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/IlFyO]
* Donetsk Defense: Situation Report, 27.02.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/kNFaQ]
* "DPR territory was shelled more than 30 times for the last 24 hours" (2016-02-27, novorossia.today) [archive.is/mTJ9r]
* "Crisis News Update From Donetsk And Lugansk Republic, 11 Civilians Killed By The Ukraine Junta" (2016-02-27, novorossia.today) [archive.is/AK4mO]
* "Drunk Ukraine Junta Forces Once Again Unleash, Bomb, Mortar Attack, Including Grenade Launchers" (2016-02-27, novorossia.today) [archive.is/ZlJLt]
* "Ukrainian punitors using mortars shelled northern outskirt of Donetsk" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/yEZod]
* "Ukraine shelled positions of LPR People's Militia twice" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/b9D0W]
* "Ukrainian radicals keep blocking transit of Russian trucks" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/h47xE]
* "UAF shelled DPR territory 120 times for the last 24 hours, DPR soldier wounded" (2016-02-28, novorossia.today) [archive.is/Lupx6]
* "Kiev fighters conducted mortar shelling northern suburbs of Gorlovka last night" (2016-02-28, novorossia.today) [archive.is/5LW6m]
* "LPR intelligence detected Ukrainian 'Grad' systems and tanks on contact line" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/O041R]
* "Kiev military fired on LPR People’s Militia positions seven times" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/XE6bL]
* "Ukrainian fire damaged a house on the northern outskirts of Donetsk" (2016-02-28, dninews.com) [archive.is/x1LMp]
* Lugansk Defense: Situation Report, 29.02.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/Yo176]
* Donetsk Defense: Situation Report, 29.02.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/ZrG8N]
* "UAF shelled DPR territory about 700 times for the week, destroyed infrastructure, casualties in DPR Army and civilians wounded" (2016-02-29, novorossia.today) [archive.is/hxXil]
* "UAF shelled suburbs of Donetsk, woman of 29 years wounded" (2016-02-29, novorossia.today) [archive.is/tjXuk]
* "Ukrainian forces fired on northern suburbs of Gorlovka from mortars at night" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/Xmm7p]
* "One person is wounded during Ukrainian shelling of Trudovskie district" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/vkZCj]
* "Ukraine shelled surroundings of the Donetsk airport" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/uikBC]
* "Kiev gunmen shelled positions of LPR People's Militia" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/623h0]
* "Ukrainian Nazis blocked more 2 trucks from RF near Lvov" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/o41x9]
* Lugansk Defense: Situation Report, 01.03.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/vMPqn]
* "UAF subdivisions shelled DPR territory about 190 times for the last 24 hours, Defence Ministry" (2016-03-01, novorossia.today) [archive.is/qbYsf]
* "Fights started on the whole frontline of DPR" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/hS6NP]
* "Ukrainian punitors started shelling northern outskirt of Gorlovka" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/566BQ]
* "Two DPR soldiers wounded in shelling of Donetsk by AFU" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/l3KQB]
* Fight on Trudovskoy. Ukrainian punitive offensive plan [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHOy5NijcjY]
* UAF shelling of #Donezk outskirts goes on UAF often use 152mm howitzer [https://youtu.be/HvGuijV7nZ8]
* Ukrainian forces continue shelling Trudovskoy [youtube.com/watch?v=-LfTNG2x990]
* "Casualties in Donbass in the past week" (2016-03-01, eu.eot.su) [archive.is/bSpNa]
* Ukronazis began shelling non-mil targets in Zaytsevo from Zhovanka with 120+mm, Russian-language article [archive.is/E3aDu], map:
* Donetsk Defense: Situation Report, 02.03.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/2RgId]
* Lugansk Defense: Situation Report, 02.03.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/0LWGP]
* "Ukraine using heavy arms shelled western outskirts of Donetsk and the locality of Krasnogorovka" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/34aZD]
* "Ukraine shelled positions of LPR People's Militia 6 times" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/46P0k]
* "In the morning Ukraine shelled western outskirt of Donetsk – a house damaged" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/FaMwC]
* "Five transformational substations de-energized and five houses damaged by Ukrainian shelling" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/ORsHd]
* "Ukraine shelled positions of LPR People's Militia 3 times" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/pPAqz]
* "One house burnt down in Petrovsky district of Donetsk as a result of shelling by AFU" (2016-03-03, dninews.com) [archive.is/IUdHp]
* "DPR Defense Ministry handed latest shelling data to OSCE" (2016-03-03, dninews.com) [archive.is/3sIQV]
* Donetsk Defense: Situation Report, 04.03.2016 (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/FpYEM]
* Lugansk Defense: Situation Report, 04.03.2016 (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/kf1my]
* "DPR authorities to discuss mechanism of documenting Ukrainian shellings with OSCE representatives" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/nn0oD]
* "Ukrainian gunmen shelled positions of LPR People's Militia three times" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/NCMWH]
* "Ukrainian punitors using mortars shelled western outskirt of Donetsk" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/9PpfC]
* "Five DPR residents killed, seven wounded, 15 missing or illegally detained by Kiev over past week" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/NLgKk]
* "Ukrainian military use residents of Avdeyevka and Krasnogorovka as a human shield" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/KDhIf]
* "Residents of Krasnogorovka missing after cleansing of town by Ukrainian military" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/jXiic]
* Donetsk Weekly Defense Situation Report - 05.03.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/R86bC]
* Lugansk Defense: Situation Report, 05.03.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/ktcK4]
* "Mobile communication, TV and radio-broadcasting broken in DPR by AFU sabotage" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/CNT5z]
* "Ukraine shelled positions of LPR People's Militia twice" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/ZaLFd]
* "AFU fired 37 mines on northern suburbs of Donetsk and Gorlovka at night" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/EKKjk]
* Donetsk Defense: Situation Report, 06.03.2016 (dninews.com) [archive.is/DONDa]
* "Sitrep of Novorossia, 6 March, Kiev fighters does not stop shelling" (2016-03-06, novorossia.today) [archive.is/n6EqR]
* "Kiev forces five times fired on positions of LPR People's Militia" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/20Vax]
* "Nationalistic fighters continue fire on Lugansk republic" (2016-03-06, novorossia.today) [archive.is/o9jry]
* "Uncontrolled UAF targeted general of RF from JCCC in Donetsk, Basurin" (2016-03-06, novorossia.today) [archive.is/m3Zqa]
Novorossiya Armed Forces (NAF) Operations
* "Ukraine sees the speck in others eyes but fails to notice the beam in its own eye" (2015-10-22, novorossia.today) [archive.is/mA045] [begin excerpt]: The lawyer of Ukrainian spotter Nadezhda Savchenko Mark Feygin states that the ¨terrorist¨ Givi sold vodka at the railway station earlier. Eveyone knows that Mihail Tolstyh, who is well-known Givi was a guardian in the shop. He worked also as an industrial alpinist and he was a driver of diesel loading machine at the rope works.
Herr Feygin probably thinks these occupations to be very obnoxious; his interest in edition of this article is unclear absolutely. [...]
It is possible to answer following concerning Givi. It is possible to graduate from army colleague; it is possible to pay military service on duty of the officer and to be “donkey”. And it is possible to work as a guardian or car wash-man and beat common military men good and hard, and it was proved at that times, for instance, Napoleon Bonaparte.
18 military leaders of the French army got the rank Marshall from Napoleone. [end excerpt]
People's Republic of Donetsk (DPR, or DNR)
* "Vladislav Berdichevskiy about draft law ‘Consular Statute of the Donetsk People’s Republic’ " (2016-02-29, novorossia.today) [archive.is/E5XGj]
* "DPR Construction Ministry restored 50 apartment buildings in Uglyegorsk" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/n2mxs]
* "Pipeline near Gorlovka to be restored" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/p7GyQ]
* "Head of DPR proposed to increase share of domestic products on market to 70 per cent" (2016-03-03, dninews.com) [archive.is/3ke3i]
* "DPR Social Institutions received more than a thousand tons of products" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/df7l3]
* "DPR authorities to provide 800 thousand rubles for the Free Prosthesis Program" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/PBoDy]
* "Fuel for consumers and industry in DPR remains 10-15% cheaper than in Ukraine" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/wd2im]
* "In Ukraine cost of electricity to be higher by 2,5 times than in DPR" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/59u01]
* "DPR Central Bank implements information security management system" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/n84RZ]
* "DPR Central Republican Bank expands its ATM network" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/dpJGH]
* "In the near future will open Telmanovo 'First Republic Supermarket' - The head of the DNI"[youtube.com/watch?v=sU_l64L9e7U]
* "Zakharchenko congratulated women on International Women’s Day" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/uTOR0]
* "Donetsk Botanic Garden opened fair devoted to International Women’s Day" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/RQm7g]
* "Fluffs of the DPR, exhibition of cats" (2016-03-06, novorossia.today) [http://is.gd/I0ZXNB]
* "Ex-star of TV project House-2 Nataliya Him arrived to the DPR from Moscow" (2016-02-29, novorossia.today) [archive.is/yFKlq]
* "Republican biological forum held in Donetsk" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/hFF8L]: Today the first republican biological forum was held in Donetsk where talented youth presented their ideas.
Fifty best scientific projects on chemistry, zoology, psychology, botanics and ecology were presented at the forum.
Among the topics were such projects as «The influence of bad habits on human's body», «Psychological rehabilitation of children suffered from war in Donbass», «The index of phosphates content in washing powder and their impact on the environment» etc.
It is planned to make the annual biological forum in the DPR.
* "DPR State Mines to extract more than 500,000 thousand of coal" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/oJotG]: ‘In March, 2016 the coal-mining companies of the Donetsk People’s Republic subordinated to the Coal and Energy Ministry of the State are to extract more than 500,000 thousand tons of the «black gold»,’ informed the Coal and Energy Ministry.
In the first month of spring the government enterprises of the coal-mining branch are to extract 522, 5 thousand of coal including 38, 1 % of ash content.
In March the driving collectives have been tasked with passing 2836 meters of lavas and 2030 meters of mine openings.
* "Nazi-teachers having left Republic not to be taken in Donetsk Technical University" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/ranHd]
* "Checkpoint in Maryinka between DPR and Ukraine closed again" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/xAA16]
* "DPR confirms resumption of traffic via Maryinka checkpoint" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/h3oce]
* Photo showing DPR passport:
People's Republic of Lunghask (LPR, or LNR; Luhansk, Lugansk)
* "Lugansk mayor promises to restore the fallen bridge by August, 1" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/bdHkM]
* "Children from Lugansk got charity support from Russia" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/17kLS]
* "Russian Federation granted electronic textbooks for LPR pupils" (2016-02-29, dninews.com) [archive.is/88njo]
* "Distribution of humanitarian aid to the 'Vergelevskaya' mine's workers began today" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/bwswO]
* "10,000 people became owners of Lugansk People's Republic passports" (2016-02-27, dninews.com) [archive.is/KqZAc]
* "LPR: Cost of social bread not to rise" (2016-03-01, dninews.com) [archive.is/k05PU]: The cost of social bread will not rise under any circumstances. It was announced by the LPR Minister of Agriculture and Food Ruslan Sorokovenko.
‘The bread which is on the social program will not rise in price under any circumstances,’ he said.
Sorokovenko also pointed out that the program of social bread baking would continue in 2016.
In addition, the acting Minister of Economic Development and Trade Elena Kostenko also noted that to date the matter of raising social cost of bread is out of question and it still would cost 6 rubles.
In April 2015, for the purpose of social protection of the population of the Lugansk People's Republic, the Council of Ministers adopted the decree "On measures to ensure the population of the LPR with social bread”.
The implementation of the "social bread" program was launched in the Republic on April 16, 2015, due to the Russian rescuers who brought flour with the next humanitarian convoy.
* "Branch of the DONi Donbass News Agency opened in the capital of Lugansk" (2016-03-02, dninews.com) [archive.is/c9o1w]
* "LPR Trade Unions to contact directly their Austrian colleagues" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/HviGa]: The Republican Trade Unions' representatives will be able to contact directly their colleagues from Austria reported the general secretary of the Austrian FTU Oliver Jonischkeit.
The meeting with the representatives of the LPR Federation of Trade Unions was very important. Now we have more specific impression and information about the Republican Trade Unions' work.
According to Jonischkeit, the work of Trade Unions is very important for creation of strong economy in the LPR.
In Austria there are various Trade Unions which are included, in their turn, into the World Federation of Trade Unions. And Trade Unions of civil servants or workers of the LPR Post Office can contact directly the related organizations from Austria.
* "LPR: Prosecutor's Office carried out the seminar on suppression of corruption" (2016-03-04, dninews.com) [archive.is/M1kNZ]
* "The ex-prosecutor of Ukraine came over to LPR" (2016-03-05, dninews.com) [archive.is/aMwAt]
Federation of Russia (EEU Member)
Map [archive.is/yFbmy]. News: [rbth.com]
* "Putin’s electoral rating hits 4-year high" (2016-03-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/mPunI]
* "The Myth of “Russian Imperialism”: in defence of Lenin’s analyses" (2016-02-29, by Renfrey Clarke and Roger Annis, Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal, links.org.au) [archive.is/ubhpd]
* "Fighting Fire With Fire" (2016-03-04, by ex-CIA Agent David Simpson for DONi News Agency, dninews.com) [archive.is/doA9G]
* "The U.S. is preparing a “Color Revolution” in Russia" (2016-03-01, moonofalabama.org) [archive.is/7BeOU]
* "Putin forewarned that Moscow will defeat any U.S. design to instigate turmoil in Russia" (2016-03-01, by M K Bhadrakumar) [archive.is/fWwUs], video [https://youtu.be/5-q94MWlXFA]
* "Putin tells FSB to strengthen controls over refugees heading to Russia and Europe" (2016-02-26) [youtube.com/watch?v=ayQaSU8FYsM]
"Russophobia", a collection of articles supporting hatred against all Russians
The following article begs the following questions: If the USSR was so evil, why do so many people within its former borders remember it as being not as "evil" as the illegally imposed capitalist dictatorship of the 1990s? Could it be because the USSR was not "evil", and the people of Russia remember how western European fascist states invaded the USSR and murdered 27 million people, and that Stalin defeated the genocide and ended the famines?
archive.is/BTQvM] [begin excerpt]:
Do you know that many Russians still love and long for Stalin?
Do you know that most Russians still hate Yeltsin and Gorbachev?
Do you know the reason why?
The answer is quite simple. It relates to our previous posts and can be summed up in two words: slave mentality.
However, Gorbachev, the person who helped to dissolve the evil Soviet Union, who won several awards and brought Russia out of the cold war, was ranked the most unpopular Russian leader of the past century. Just 14 percent of respondents of a state-run survey named him as the leader, whose policies in the past 100 years resulted in Russia developing in the proper direction.
Even Yeltsin, the first Russian president, got more votes than Gorbachev. Still, Boris received only 17 percent of the votes in the same poll. Source (UPI Newswire) [archive.is/IMk52].
Since Russians are used to all of the abuse they routinely get from the government, considering their mental state (including slave mentality), Russians respond well to authoritarian regimes, something that both Gorbachev and Yeltsin failed to provide. If both of them killed and jailed as many people as possible, then their popularity would soar.
Although Gorbachev had no chance to be popular to begin with: many Russians consider the dissolution of the Soviet Union the worst thing that ever happened to their country.
Yeltsin was infamous for his drinking habits and he was way too democratic to Russian taste. In fact, now Yeltsin is still blamed for all kind of problems that Russia was experiencing in the 90s.
Needless to say, people want to believe whatever makes them comfortable. If the truth makes them uncomfortable, they will go into denial mode.
Russian Repression Report: Actual incidents and false stories explained
* "Russian man may face jail for insulting Orthodox faith online, case ‘creates dangerous precedent‘ " (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/f4Z16]
* "Russian debt collectors cut off children’s hospital phone over nurse’s personal loan" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/CdJQY]
Republic of Turkey (NATO member state)
* "Turkey Falls Under Boot of Dictatorship" (2016-03-06, by Finian Cunningham) [archive.is/jVjin]
* "Turkey Cracks Down on Insults to President Erdogan" (2016-03-02, nytimes.com) [archive.is/WRW7g]
* "Turkish police break up women’s protest with rubber bullets" (2016-03-07, rt.com) [archive.is/AWUFH]
* "Turkish Cihan news agency ‘seized’ by government" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/6iCOz]
* "Court orders Turkish Zaman daily into administration, raising concerns of free press abuse" (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/cW0Z1]
* "Turkish police raid opposition Zaman daily HQ, unleash tear gas & water cannon on protesters" (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/ntZTD]
* "RT reporter teargassed in Istanbul as Zaman ‘take-over’ protest enters 2nd day" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/81dxy]
* "Turkish democracy is dead, but we won’t kneel to repressive govt – Zaman journalist to RT" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/lYmxR], attached video [https://youtu.be/iz8t0QYz8j8]
* " 'Everyone is being framed', journalist deported from Turkey tells RT amid govt media takeover" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/762ku]
* "1st edition of Turkish Zaman daily after govt takeover sees smiling Erdogan on front page" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/2CJfX]
* "Tale of 2 Zamans: Turkey’s opposition paper vows to keep printing in Germany after govt crackdown" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/48z7s]
Arab Republic of Syria: Diplomatic and Civil News
[sana.sy/en] [syriatimes.sy] [facebook.com/United.Syrian.Republic] [sana-syria.org] [joshualandis.com/blog] [syriasolidaritymovement.org] [syrianfreepress.wordpress.com] [syrianews.cc] [acloserlookonsyria.shoutwiki.com] [syrianperspective.com] [breakingnews.sy/en.html]
* "President of Syria, Dr. Bashar al-Assad: 'Part of the disaster is not only because the terrorists are killing, destroying; it’s because of the Western embargo that affected every Syrian citizen with no exception' " full text of interview (2016-03-02, ARD German TV) [archive.is/IHQlT], video [https://youtu.be/Y3rE_P1bFnQ]
* "Power supply is gradually returning to all areas" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/LombB]
* "Electricity returning gradually to Aleppo province" (2016-03-05, sana.sy) [archive.is/ykUf7]
* "Water back to Aleppo after ISIS cutoff" (2016-03-04, sana.sy) [archive.is/qEOMc]
* "Al-Halaqi: Aleppo will witness new achievements in services sector in coming days" (2016-03-05, sana.sy) [archive.is/aMTR9]: Prime Minister Wael al-Halaqi asserted that Aleppo province will witness within the coming days new achievements in the services sector in terms of providing electricity, water, communications, transport, and more.
In a phone call with the Syrian TV on Saturday, Premier al-Halaqi praised the achievements of the Syrian Arab Army which reopened the road to Aleppo in the direction of Khanasser-Ethraia, noting that maintenance teams began work on rehabilitating the road immediately after it was secured.
He pointed out that tens of tons of essential supplies have been delivered to Aleppo during the past two days, and that fuel and cooking gas have been delivered in good quantities on daily basis during the past four days, while electricity is returning gradually as of Saturday evening, with more power to be supplied during the coming days.
The Prime Minister noted that terrorist organizations are always trying to prevent electricity from reaching Aleppo, adding that work is underway to examine the Aleppo thermal power station in preparation for repairing it.
Regarding water, al-Halaqi said that Sleiman al-Halabi station has began pumping water, and around 140,000 square meters of water should be provided to Aleppo on Sunday or Monday, which should provide the locals’ water needs fully.
He also said that al-Sheikh Najjar industrial city will resume activity now that the power is back to it and since it will be provided with the necessary petroleum products very soon.
* "Syria Trust for Development signs agreement with governorates to improve situation of impoverished groups" (2016-03-06, sana.sy) [http://is.gd/oahdd1]
* "Social Affairs Minister: Joining efforts to combat child begging" (2016-03-05, sana.sy) [archive.is/SscxE]
* "Deir Ezzor Health Directorate: 80 % of medicines are available" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/V7HmT]
* "3600 more health packages distributed to displaced people of Yarmouk Camp" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/KlHaU]
* "2000 health packages distributed in Yarmouk Camp" (2016-03-04, sana.sy) [archive.is/Ev8Zz]
* "Exhibition and conference on latest medical advances and researches" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/zClZC]
* "Khan al-Harir fashion and textiles expo kicks off" (2016-03-06, sana.sy) [http://is.gd/kFoCHD]
* "77 schools reopened in southern Hasaka" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/kImLy]
* "Talks with Cuban Ambassador to supply Syria with necessary medicines" (2016-03-06, sana.sy) [archive.is/PGtv7]
* "South African companies’ participation in Syria reconstruction process discussed" (2016-03-06, sana.sy) [archive.is/1stH6]
* "Syrian-Iranian trade relations discussed" (2016-03-06, sana.sy) [archive.is/96uR0]: Head of the Syrian Exporters Federation (SEF) Mohammad al-Sawah discussed during a meeting with the trade attaché at the Iranian Embassy in Damascus Ali Kazemeini means of enhancing trade relations between the two countries in different fields and activating the work of the private sector in imports and exports.
Al-Sawah explained that the aim of the meeting is to inform the Syrian exporters who are interested in the Iranian market that the date for implementing the conventions signed between the two countries begins after a month where the market will witness a flow of goods for the Syrian merchants and industrialists, noting that the Iranian market is big and one can take advantage of it.
Al-Sawah pointed out that the Federation is preparing to open warehouses and importation and exportation offices in Iran to help the Syrian and Iranian merchants and industrialists, adding that Syrian businessmen will participate in the Iranian expos as visitors and participants.
In turn, Kazemeini stressed the need to revive the commercial relations between the two countries, especially the economic ones, noting the need to restore the Syrian economy to its former glamour in parallel with the great victories achieved by the Syrian Arab army on the ground.
Kazemeini said that the agenda of expos to be held in Iran is now ready and will be sent to all Syrian merchants and industrialists who wish to display their products, adding that the Iranian Establishment for Expos will offer facilitations for all Syrian participants.
* "Kim Jong Un Sends Greetings to Syrian President" (2016-03-04, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/GCBxY]: Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, Thursday sent a message of greeting to Bashar Al-Assad, president of the Syrian Arab Republic.
The message extended warm congratulations to Bashar Al-Assad and the friendly Syrian government and people on the 53rd anniversary of the March 8 revolution in Syria.
The March 8 revolution in Syria was a historic event of great significance in the just struggle of the Syrian Arab people for defending the independence of the country and the dignity of the nation, it said.
It wished the Syrian army and people greater victory in the struggle for frustrating the aggression and terrorism of hostile forces and defending the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of the country under the leadership of the Syrian president.
Arab Republic of Syria: War News
* "Russian Military Advisers on the Syrian Battlefield: How Their Quiet Work Behind the Scenes Has Turned the Outcome of the War" (2016-03-04, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/94xd9], attached video [https://youtu.be/Z9vfX_R8MTI]
* "Non-Stop to Anti-Terrorism Operations: Syrian Air Force Destroys Positions of Daesh in Homs and Deir Ezzor" (2016-03-01, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/mNW7k], video: "Russian Air Force destroyed a convoy of Daesh’s fuel tankers" [youtube.com/watch?v=qM9x9h4Mb8E]
* "Syrian Army Deploys Forces Few Kilometers from Turkey's Large Border City" (2016-03-01, en.farsnews.com) [archive.is/Trbxb]
* "Syrian Arab Army restores security on more villages in Aleppo province, inflicting heavy losses to terrorist gangs in several areas" (2016-03-02, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/8laLf], videos:
Aleppo - "The Aleppo-Khanaser route controlled by SAA" [https://youtu.be/0ObNLFPU6qs];
Eastern Homs - "Weaponry sized from terrorist gangs" [https://youtu.be/0TBnFyGsHTY];
Latakia countryside - "Eradicating terrorists with ATGM in northern Lattakia countryside" [https://youtu.be/VcqG9c3cAgQ], "Destroiyng terrorist leaders in Quneitra" [https://youtu.be/XNWKd6BSF4A]
* "International Military Review: Syria" (southfront.org) [archive.is/RIt72], videos (2016-03-04) [https://youtu.be/xLZM0Qu-JrA], (2016-03-03) [https://youtu.be/NWlIks9q3Mc], (2016-03-02) [https://youtu.be/pvN_kx00hA8]
* "Russian Defense Ministry: 14 breaches of “cessation of fighting acts” by terrorist organizations were observed during the past 24 hours" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/nQlND]
* "Command centers and vehicles for ISIS terrorists destroyed" (2016-03-03, sana.sy) [archive.is/SZIkO]
* "Latakia province: pushing back the terrorist gangs toward their natural home: beyond the Turkish border" (2016-03-03) [https://youtu.be/AkEdw245HQ8]
* Flash on Latakia’s battle (2016-03-03) [https://youtu.be/AkEdw245HQ8]
* "Syrian Front: 22 Agreements, 27 Ceasefire Violations, Turkish Attacks and Incitements Continue" (2016-03-04, syria360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/HEU0O]
- Terrorists crossing the border from Turkey to Syria [https://youtu.be/QXB6OHl8V0s]
- A car loaded with tank shells and B9 shells seized in Sweida countryside [https://youtu.be/cGgE_AGIFjo]
- Army restores security and stability to Talat al-Hamam, Aleppo countryside [https://youtu.be/F-lmvC0GsFI]
* "14 breaches of “cessation of fighting acts” by mercenary gangs during the past 24 hours ~ Two civilians killed in terrorist attacks in Aleppo ~ Water back to Aleppo, Power supply returning to all areas" (2016-03-04, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/0Femi]
* "Terrorist gangs attack Aleppo, Idleb killing and injuring civilians; Syrian Arab Armed Forces destroy Daesh’s Command Centers" (2016-03-03, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/QJ82H]
- Syrian Army recaptures Fah village from Daesh in East Aleppo [https://youtu.be/v4G-wEZ5iBs]
- Huge explosion near Israeli border kills 25+ terrorists:commander killed [https://youtu.be/Gxd3nGJr9ws]
- Heavy Russian Airstrikes on Nusra-held Hirbnafsah [Hama] [https://youtu.be/tp5ZKegotjY]
- Syrian Army overlooking Turkish border-city [https://youtu.be/enEGSDEIlvI]
* "Updated-3 civilians killed, 13 injured in terrorist attacks in Deir Ezzor and Aleppo" (2016-03-04, sana.sy) [archive.is/aIaxr]
* "Syrian Front : 8 New Agreements, 9 Ceasefire Violations, Free Flow of Humanitarian Aid to Liberated Areas" (2016-03-05, syria360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/IwxLC]
* "Syrian Army repels Daesh attack to block Khanaser road, destroys Daesh convoy of weapons and terrorists in Deir Ezzor" (2016-03-05, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/QN5of], attached videos:
- "Truck with weapon captured by SAA" [https://youtu.be/6P5wdxm6vcg]
- "Airstrikes on Daesh" [https://youtu.be/RUSJLvREm7g]
- "Cleaning Syrian-Turkish border from gangs" [https://youtu.be/RWEs-0kCtqQ] [https://youtu.be/1yIuW3szAsQ]
* " ‘Efficient, accurate’: Russian air warfare in Syria praised in classified NATO report" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/NZJ2X]
* "Syrian opposition groups seek Russian protection from ISIS – MoD" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/San5J]
* "Turkey keeps shelling Kurds, backing terrorist groups in Syria – Russian MoD" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/23YxK]
* "A civilian killed in ISIS landmine blast in southern Hasaka" (2016-03-05, sana.sy) [archive.is/DydjA]
* "A car loaded with weapons confiscated in Sweida countryside" (2016-03-05, sana.sy) [archive.is/f0cVC]
* "Syrian Front : 6 Agreements, 15 Ceasefire Violations, Da’esh Targeting Leaders Who Signed Peace Agreements" (2016-03-06, syria360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/7xQXG]
* "13 civilians killed, tens injured in terrorist rocket attack on Aleppo" (2016-03-06, sana.sy) [archive.is/KtasE]
* "Turkey shelling Syrian Kurdish militia in northern Aleppo - YPG" (2016-03-07, rt.com) [archive.is/C4qVv]
* "13 Killed Including 4 Children By U.S. Backed Terrorist’s In Kurdish Quarter Of Aleppo Syria" (2016-03-07, novorossia.today) [archive.is/YZtKV]
* " ‘We are afraid but won’t leave our land’: Syrian Kurds who survived Turkish shelling tell RT" (2016-03-07, rt.com) [archive.is/gAxdi]
* "ISIS Syrian capital Raqqa hit by uprising, defections – reports" (2016-03-07, rt.com) [archive.is/NEYu8]
* " ‘Truce hasn’t changed anything, terrorists intensified attacks’ – Aleppo residents to RT" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/SOEIX]
* "Syrian Kurds say jihadists used phosphorus in chemical attack in Aleppo" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/aUtJk]
* "Russian journalists, including Ruptly stringer, come under shelling in eastern Ukraine" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/NwIB5]
The International anti-Syria Alliance, the "Free Syria Army", and allied organizations
* "Former DIA U.S. General, who revealed that ISIS was deliberately armed and funded by Obama and Hillary Clinton, is now advising Donald Trump" (2016-03-02, by Ian Shilling) [archive.is/4awIt]
* "NATO commander says Russia, Syria using migrant crisis as weapon" (2016-03-01, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/KdbDs]
* "Turkish border guards shooting Syrian refugees ‘daily’ – Amnesty Intl" (2016-03-08, rt.com) [archive.is/UfE1k]
* "Treating the Islamic State as a state" (2016-03-03, by Mike Pietrucha, warontherocks.com) [archive.is/irlOn] [begin excerpt]: Rhetorically, the tendency in the U.S. government is to treat the Islamic State as an insurgent movement rather than a state-like entity. It is often called ISIL — the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant — as if the usage of an acronym will cloak the usage of the word “state.” Even when it is called the “Islamic State,” these words are often prefaced with “so-called” or “self-proclaimed” or bracketed with quotation marks. But in the rhetorical effort to delegitimize the Islamic State, we may have missed the very important nuance that it functions more like a state than like an insurgent movement. If we recognize these state-like attributes, even those we normally attribute to a failing state, our methods for dealing with it change from those we would use to fight a non-state actor to those we would use to fight an inter-state war. In the context of this conflict, this would lead to significant changes in the application of U.S. airpower.
To date, the Islamic State has often been treated as if it were an insurgent movement inside a friendly state (Iraq). This leads to an inappropriate application of a counterinsurgency strategy, where damage done to the organization is intentionally limited to avoid a level of collateral damage that would help the Islamic State’s counter-government narrative. The nonsensical use of leaflet bombs to warn oil truck drivers that they were about to come under attack is but one example of a “zero-collateral” strategy that is inappropriate for the adversary. The Islamic State is not so much an insurgency as it is an emerging state, drawing its territory from two neighboring failed states. Until we start treating the Islamic state as a state, with a state’s vulnerabilities, we will remain trapped in inappropriate strategic applications. [end excerpt]
* "US Dreams for Syria’s South" (2016-03-02, alwaght.com) [archive.is/abrJr] [begin excerpt]: It has been long since the West has set on the agenda the plan of establishing no-fly zone in Syria, however, in practice it has failed to realize the plan. The design has lost its possibility of implementation following triumphant Operation Nasr launched by the Syrian army and allies in Aleppo’s western areas. Thereby, proposing establishment of a similar area but this time in southern Syria comes with the aim of securing an alternative plan to create battlefield capacities for directing the Syrian conflict. The intended region covers three provinces of Quneitra, Daraa and Sweida. They cover an area of 10,480 square kilometers, the size of the neighboring Lebanon. The three provinces are home for nearly two million people.
The region is of significance for two reasons: First, the region is located next to the Palestinian occupied territories. Second, the area is close to the Syrian capital Damascus. Therefore, establishing a no-fly zone in Syria’s south would have a strategic value, though not as significant as Aleppo region.
The proposal for establishing a no-fly zone in southern Syria is a devilish US plot. Based on the emerging reports, the American officials in their meeting with the Russian foreign ministry’s authorities have pretended that the major aim behind establishing the closed area in Syria’s south is to ensure the Israeli security, and that the plan would pose no threats to Damascus and Moscow’s friend government in Damascus.
The Americans are well aware that Russia has been one of the major hindrances ahead of establishment of failed no-fly or secure zone in northern Syria with Aleppo as the epicenter, and it was with Moscow’s backing that the resistance camp has gained control of strategic positions in Aleppo province.
Two major factors pushed Russia to come against the no-fly zone in northern Syria. The first was the risky nature of the plan for the government of Damascus and the second factor was Russia’s sensitivity over Turkey. In the negotiations, the Americans have purported that the no-fly zone scheme in southern Syria was essentially different from the plan which was sought in the country’s north while in fact there is no difference in the nature of the intended objectives in the plans for both areas.
The evidences suggest that the southern front’s developments have not negatively affected the security of the Israeli regimes. Actually, the Israeli media reports note that during the past 50 years- since the ceasefire reached after the six-day war of 1967 between Damascus and Tel Aviv- Syria has been more committed to the truce’s terms than has the Israeli regime. The Israeli regime captured 80 percent of Syria’s Quneitra province but during all these years the Syrian government has made no moves to recapture the occupied parts of its soil, which are the Golan Heights and Jabal al-Sheikh.
Commitment to the terms of truce have even been considered by Lebanon’s Hezbollah, the Syrian government’s ally. For example on January 18, 2015, the Israeli army targeted a Hezbollah force which was busy designing an anti-terrorists assault in an area known as Mazraat Amal area in Quneitra district but the Lebanese resistant group did not respond at the scene, instead, it carried out an anti-Israeli operation from Lebanon’s territory. If it is claimed that the threats to the Israeli regime do not only come from Hezbollah and such terror groups as al-Nusra Front are also presenting threats to Tel Aviv, this must be a wrong allegation because the evidences published by ISIS terror group’s leaders assert that the Israeli intelligence agencies and al-Nusra Front terror group had reached an accord to keep the Israeli borders safe.
Also, there are many photos which document that the al-Nusra’s wounded fighters receive medical treatments in the northern Israeli hospitals. Therefore, the goal behind establishing a no-fly zone in Syria’s south is not to address the Israeli security concerns. [end excerpt]
Many refugees are escaping NATO bombings, and NATO-funded terrorist organizations. So, in order to destroy anti-NATO sentiment, all refugees will be transported to a NATO-member dictatorship for security purposes...
* "EU will expel refugees to Turkey, re-admit them from there, under ‘game-changing’ plan" (2016-03-07, rt.com) [archive.is/XvTWs]
* "Turkish Collusion with Terrorists Attempts to Derail the Peace Process in Syria" (2016-03-07, syria360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/LleEL]
* "Saudi Air Force Deploys to Support Turkey’s Military Intervention in Syria" (2016-03-03, Southfront.org) [archive.is/VKEnb] attached video [https://youtu.be/Jh5jLTwNUHE]
* "Turkey protects, supplies al-Nusra camps at its border, treating wounded Daesh terrorists in its hospitals" [https://youtu.be/pjsTcGk88uQ]: Jabhat Al-Nusra terrorists have pitched their camps right next to the border and receive regular supplies from the Turkish side, while wounded Daesh mercenaries are receiving medical treatment at Turkish hospitals
* "Convoys Carrying Aid to Al-Nusra Mercenary-Terrorists from Turkey" [https://youtu.be/Guzn6PU6a_w]: The video shows a heavy flow of vehicles [carrying medical and military aid for mercenary-terrorists] coming through the Bab al-Salam crossing, on the Turkish-Syrian border, on the outskirts of the Northern town of Azaz, which is partially controlled by Al-Nusra gangs.
* "AKP and IS Engaged in Multi-Million Dollar Trade Across Turkish-Syrian Border" (2016-03-07, ANF Newswire) [archive.is/6NU1l], attached video [https://youtu.be/XYlaQvi1qWE]
* "F16s and 400 troops: Danish govt wants to expand its military mission in Iraq & Syria" (2016-03-04, rt.com) [archive.is/PcEkn]
* "Inside Syrian Territory, U.S. Regime Expanding Operation With Two Airfields!" (2016-03-06, novorossia.today) [archive.is/NdtyW]: New reports from the Kurdish media in Syria suggest the U.S. Regime is expanding its operations inside northeast Syria, and is now working on two separate air bases inside territory controlled by the Kurdish YPG. A U.S. project to expand the Rmelian Airfield was initially reported back in January, and the new report suggested that the Rmelian project is almost finished. The second project is at an as-yet-undisclosed site near the Kurdish city of Kobani.
US Central Command issued a statement “denying” that the US had any direct control over any airfields in Syria, though they did not actually deny that the projects themselves were ongoing, saying they are looking to increase “efficiency for logistics” in Syrian Kurdistan.
The Kurdish reports suggested that the US is already actively using the Rmelian field for flights of military helicopters. Even after expansion, the base is not expected to be big enough for most warplanes, but could accept arms deliveries as well as flights to deliver troops to the area.
* "BBC News Caught Staging FAKE Chemical Attack In Syria!" [youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zRe5D_n0Q]
* "BBC News uses 'Iraq photo to illustrate Syrian massacre' ; The BBC is facing criticism after it accidentally used a picture taken in Iraq in 2003 to illustrate the senseless massacre of children in Syria" (2012-05-27, telegraph.co.uk) [archive.is/nkA5I]: Photographer Marco di Lauro said he nearly “fell off his chair” when he saw the image being used, and said he was “astonished” at the failure of the corporation to check their sources.
The picture, which was actually taken on March 27, 2003, shows a young Iraqi child jumping over dozens of white body bags containing skeletons found in a desert south of Baghdad.
It was posted on the BBC news website today under the heading “Syria massacre in Houla condemned as outrage grows”.
The caption states the photograph was provided by an activist and cannot be independently verified, but says it is “believed to show the bodies of children in Houla awaiting burial”.
A BBC spokesman said the image has now been taken down.
Mr di Lauro, who works for Getty Images picture agency and has been published by newspapers across the US and Europe, said: “I went home at 3am and I opened the BBC page which had a front page story about what happened in Syria and I almost felt off from my chair.
“One of my pictures from Iraq was used by the BBC web site as a front page illustration claiming that those were the bodies of yesterday's massacre in Syria and that the picture was sent by an activist.
“Instead the picture was taken by me and it's on my web site, on the feature section regarding a story I did In Iraq during the war called Iraq, the aftermath of Saddam.
“What I am really astonished by is that a news organization like the BBC doesn't check the sources and it's willing to publish any picture sent it by anyone: activist, citizen journalist or whatever. That's all.
He added he was less concerned about an apology or the use of image without consent, adding: “What is amazing it's that a news organization has a picture proving a massacre that happened yesterday in Syria and instead it's a picture that was taken in 2003 of a totally different massacre.
“Someone is using someone else's picture for propaganda on purpose.”
A spokesman for the BBC said: “We were aware of this image being widely circulated on the internet in the early hours of this morning following the most recent atrocities in Syria.
“We used it with a clear disclaimer saying it could not be independently verified.
“Efforts were made overnight to track down the original source of the image and when it was established the picture was inaccurate we removed it immediately.”
* "Saudis, Turks Bid to Open Lebanon Front" (2016-03-07, strategic-culture.org) [archive.is/yPiwr]
* "Turkey’s Defense Ministry envoy sent to Israel to get Israeli weaponry" (2016-03-03, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/yIaMy]
* "Saudi FM Secretly Visits Israel after Israeli Officials Visit Riyadh" (2016-03-03, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/mWaAz]
* "American government supported the massacre, rapes and destruction of the Christian village of Kessab, Syria; The village of Kessab is inhabited by 2,000 persons who are all Syrian citizens and are ethnically Armenian. There are many American citizens living currently in Fresno, and Glendale, California who are from Kassab, Syria" (2016-03-05, ahtribune.com) [archive.is/eFDzy]
* "Al-Nusra militants in Syria shell Turkey to prompt return fire – Russian military" (2016-03-06, rt.com [archive.is/9Ycbi]
* "Syrian army liberates "moderate" rebel forced labor prison" (2016-03-06, RT.com) [archive.is/zZ0zr]: The Syrian army has discovered a building in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta that the Jaysh al-Islam terrorist group was using as a prison reports the LIFEnews Russian TV channel.
In one of the buildings of an agricultural school in Ghouta, the terrorists had locked up more than a thousand people who do not agree to live by rules decreed by the radical Islamists. Most prisoners provided the labor necessary to dig tunnels and build fortifications.
According to the Syrian military, the trapped people were living in inhuman conditions: no cell could meet minimum health standards. The prison belonged to the terrorist group Jaysh al-Islam, a group which,in the eyes of the West, is part of the moderate Syrian opposition.
* "Syria: Phantom "Rebels" Return from the Dead" (2016-03-07, landdestroyer.blogspot.nl) [archive.is/hxgcD]:
The French colonial green, white, and black banner of Syria adapted by the West's proxy "Free Syrian Army" (FSA) had long been forgotten in the sea of black banners held aloft by Washington and Riyadh's more extreme ploy to gain leverage upon and more direct access to the battlefield.
However, as Syrian forces backed by its regional allies and Russian airpower overwhelm these forces while building alliances with other factions, including the Kurds, the West's entire regime change enterprise faces ignominious collapse.
It appears that - having exhausted all other options - the West has decided to change as many of those black banners back to the "rebel" green, white, and black as possible, before the conflict draws to a close, giving the West the most favorable position achievable ahead of "peace talks."
The West's Shape-Shifting Proxies -
For years, just looking at maps - including those produced by Washington-based think tanks themselves - revealed the true nature of Syria's ongoing conflict. Forces could be seen flowing into the country as one would expect amid an invasion, not a "civil war." While the West's military campaigns over and upon Syrian soil claimed to be taking on the so-called "Islamic State" (ISIS), it was clear that nothing was being done about cutting off the obvious supply corridors sustaining ISIS' fighting capacity.
In other words, the US and its "coalition's" war on ISIS was feigned. No genuine military campaign would ever be fought on the front lines while neglecting the enemy's logistical lifelines - especially when those lifelines led from NATO territory.
It wasn't until Russia's intervention on behalf of the Syrian government, that these corridors were targeted and disrupted - thus fully exposing the gambit for all the world to see.
Not surprisingly, as soon as this began, it had an immediate effect on the West's proxy forces across the country. Since then, Russian-backed Syrian forces have incrementally begun sealing off Syria's borders, isolating stranded terrorist factions within the interior of the country, and retaking territory as these forces atrophy and dissipate.
For years it has been asked why the West has done nothing about cutting these obvious supply corridors leading into Syria and sustaining terrorist factions like ISIS, Al Nusra, and their allies - groups which now clearly constitute the vast majority of militants fighting the Syrian government - even by the US government's own admission.
As the global public becomes increasingly aware of this glaring point of logic, it appears that the West is now attempting to cynically leverage it, while simultaneously rescuing thousands of trapped terrorist mercenaries facing encirclement and eradication in the closing phases of the Syrian conflict.
Image: Center-right, a green blob indicating a nonexistent "rebel army" suddenly appears and "cuts" ISIS supply lines between Syria and Iraq. Phantom "rebel" armies are appearing suddenly and seemingly inexplicably in the midst of ISIS formations just as it seems ISIS is finally cornered and facing destruction. However, there is an explanation - ISIS is simply running up a new flag, with the help of their Western sponsors.
Just last week, the "New Syrian Army," a monkier for the discredited FSA, suddenly appeared on the Iraqi-Syrian border, "cutting off" ISIS supply lines leading back and forth between the two countries.
Reuters in their article, "Syrian rebels seize Iraq border crossing from Islamic State: monitor" [archive.is/m7GNi], would claim [begin excerpt]: Syrian rebel fighters seized a border crossing with Iraq from Islamic State on Friday, Britain-based war monitor the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. Islamic State had controlled the al Tanf border crossing, which is also near the Syrian-Jordanian border, since May last year after seizing it from Syrian government forces. It had been the last border crossing with Iraq that was under the control of the Syrian government. [end excerpt]
The only "source" is the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which is in fact a single man living in England who regularly coordinates with the British Foreign Ministry.
One could ask why such border interdiction operations haven't been done before, and in fact, why these "rebels" who are admittedly harbored, trained, funded, and armed in Jordan and Turkey to begin with, didn't first begin by securing Syria's borders to prevent ISIS from entering the country in precisely the same areas "rebels" are supposedly operating?
The answer is simple. The West had no intention of stopping ISIS. In fact, ISIS is the "rebels" and the "rebels" are ISIS. Their "taking" of the Syrian-Iraqi border is superficial at best. The weapons, cash, and fighters will still flow, just as they do past NATO forces along the Turkish-Syrian border. The only difference is that now these terrorists will be flying the "FSA" flag, lending them protection amid a ceasefire agreed to in good faith by the Syrian government and its allies.
Rebels are Not Prevailing - ISIS is Just Flying a New Flag -
The ceasefire has, at least temporarily, bought time for terrorists groups Syria and Russia have - perhaps mistakenly - recognized as militant groups to be negotiated with. Taking full advantage of this, the "FSA" is now suddenly appearing as if rising from the dead, everywhere ISIS and Al Qaeda have dominated for years.
The New York Times published its own desperate bid to convince the global public that once again "pro-democracy protesters" were climbing out of the rubble in Idlib and Aleppo - two cities admittedly overrun by Al Qaeda and ISIS long ago - and flying the "FSA" flag.
The article titled, "Syrian Protesters Take to Streets as Airstrikes Ease" [archive.is/eaWy2], claims that [begin excerpt]: Street protests erupted across insurgent-held areas of Syria on Friday, as demonstrators took advantage of the relative lull in airstrikes during a partial truce, coming out in the largest numbers in years to declare that even after five punishing years of war they still wanted political change. Under the slogan “The Revolution Continues,” demonstrators waved the green, white and black pre-Baathist flag adopted during the early, largely peaceful stages of the revolt, before the proliferation of armed Islamist factions with black jihadist banners. [end excerpt]
Five years on from the so-called "Arab Spring," the fully engineered nature of the original protests in 2011 have been so thoroughly exposed and understood by the public, that few if anyone believes these protests now are anything but a desperately staged public-relations campaign to prove that there are people elsewhere besides Washington, Langley, London, and Brussels, that still seeks regime change in Syria.
The West's terrorist proxies are changing from a war-footing - having lost the war - to a last-ditch posture of claiming legitimate opposition in hopes of salvaging what's left of the political networks and terrorist fronts that collaborated with the West in this highly destructive conspiracy.
"Uprising" in Al Raqqa -
Finally, in the very heart of the West's proxy terrorist forces, Al Raqqa - the defacto capital of ISIS - there are suddenly reports of "uprisings" by the local population. This happens conveniently as the Syrian Arab Army approaches from the west and Kurds descend upon the city from the northeast.
Leading up to this "uprising" was a story in the London Telegraph titled, "Islamic State 'hit by cash crisis in its capital Raqqa" [archive.is/0KPdE], which claims [begin excerpt]: Faced with a cash shortage in its self-declared caliphate, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has slashed salaries, asked Raqqa residents to pay utility bills in black market American dollars, and is now releasing detainees for a price of $500 a person. [end excerpt]
While the Telegraph credits "coalition airstrikes" for this turn of fortune, it is quite obvious that Syrian and Russian airstrikes along the Turkish border destroying entire convoys bound for ISIS territory has led to a reduction in ISIS' fighting capacity as well as its ability to administer seized territory [archive.is/oV3he].
With a terrorist force the West has spent 5 years and untold billions creating facing complete encirclement and eradication, what options are left? An "uprising" where suddenly the entire city is flying "FSA" flags, thus negating the need for Syrian or Kurdish forces to move in and retake the city?
Image: If Major Yaser Abdulrahim looks like he's never wore his FSA uniform out into the field, that's because he hasn't. He is not a member of the FSA at all, and is instead a commander of the Fatah Halab, an umbrella group for Al Qaeda affiliates armed and funded by both the US and Saudi Arabia.
That appears to be the narrative the West is already preparing - in Raqqa and elsewhere across Syria - as a component amid the so-called "ceasefire" and "peace talks."
The BBC had dressed up a terrorist commander in FSA regalia for an interview - but included footage of the commander in the field operating under clearly terrorist banners [archive.is/mgu5W]. It was but an individual example of what it appears the West is doing now on a much larger scale - playing dress-up to save its immense but now stranded terrorist hordes.
During early victories against the West's proxy forces, Al Qaeda and ISIS militants would dress as women to flee the battlefield. Now, they are dressing up as the otherwise nonexistent "FSA."
Will the West expect Syria and its allies to negotiate with this phantom army operating under a fictional banner? For Syria and its allies, what the West is doing is a clear violation of the spirit of the ceasefire and of upcoming peace talks. It is also a reaffirmation of the West's disingenuous commitment to fighting terrorism - clearly using it as a tool to fight its battles for it, to serve as a pretext for intervening when terrorism alone cannot achieve an objective, and then, when all else fails, covering up entire legions of terrorists so that they can live to fight another day.
* "Protecting al-Qaeda: Please Don’t Attack Nusra-FSA-Ahrar-Jihadist ‘Rebels’ " (2016-03-03, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/JrvXQ]
Global Islamic Caliphate / Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL ; ISIS)
A USA-backed self-governing entity for the disruption of the Eurasian Union and other rival blocs.
* "Black Daesh, White Daesh" [https://youtu.be/F-5SBo7FUlM]: The NYT has recently published an article describing the terrorist group of Daesh as Black Daesh and Saudi Arabia as White Daesh.
* "The Anti-System. The Strength and Weakness of the Islamic State" (2016-03-08, strategic-culture.org) [archive.is/IfSCq]
* "Tunisia : At Least 50 Killed as Da’esh Launch RPG Assault from Ben Guerdane" (2016-03-07, jamahiriyanewsagency.wordpress.com) [archive.is/LWGNt]
* "ISIS dig countless tunnels underground captured cities" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/5A0l4], attached video [https://youtu.be/OVcG7gXcvMA]
* "ISIS uses Nazi tactics to train youths to become 'more lethal, brutal, better fighters' - report" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/6CT7q]
* Photo showing an Islamic State police officer directing crowds in Raqqa (photo from Reuters newswire, attributed to "stringer"), attached to article at [archive.is/NEYu8].
[kurdishdailynews.org] [facebook.com/pages/International-freedom-battalion/1597451687171173][turkeyharvest.blogspot.com] [kurdishquestion.com] [kurdishmatters.com] [kurdishrights.org] [ekurd.net] [kurdishquestion.com]
* "HPG / YJA Star: Our People Are Not Alone; HPG and YJA Star guerrillas put emphasis on the need to enhance the struggle in order for an entire elimination of genocidal policies pursued against the Kurdish people" (2016-03-07) [archive.is/hew8h], attached videos:
- ‘4 PARTS OF KURDISTAN SHOULD EMBRACE THE RESISTANCE’ [https://youtu.be/6joRcANjNn8]
- ‘LET’S STEP UP THE STRUGGLE AGAINST THE COLONIALIST’ [https://youtu.be/Oot8_R5cBx8]
- ‘AKP GANGS HAVE NO STRENGTH LEFT’ [https://youtu.be/a3I8dR-pKU8]
- ‘AKP GANGS SHOULD BE RESISTED IN THE SAME WAY ISIS WAS RESISTED’ [https://youtu.be/TSAslCeF3HA]
- ‘RESISTANCE SHOULD BE SPREAD ACROSS NORTH KURDISTAN’ [https://youtu.be/fVBbaZyITd0]
* "A Brief Guide to Kurdish Factions Fighting the Islamic State" (2014-08-10, darthnader.net) [archive.is/Mm0oZ]
* Updated map [https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zBQmSuDKQbh0.kBw9-jZtOjZI], featuring current territory of SDF/MSD/TEV-DEM/YPG/YPJ/Rojava, HDP electoral majorities, areas that have declared self-government in Bakur/Turkey, Turkish air strikes on PKK camps in Qandil, PKK/PUK/KDP positions in Iraq/Bashur/KRG, ISIS locations, Battle for Sinjar, Oil fields, etc...
* "These Kurdish Women Have a Message on International Women's Day; The group have been praised by Western feminists for confronting traditional gender roles and redefining the role women play in conflict" (2016-03-08, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/JoBFB]
* "YJA-STAR fighters: We will resist with spirit of March 8" (2016-03-03, jinha.com.tr) [archive.is/8c5Y7]
* "Two women killed after attacking riot police headquarters in Istanbul; Two women attacked the Riot Police Headquarters in Istanbul's Bayrampaşa districtwith rifles and grenades. Police cornered and massacred the two women in a nearby basement after the attack" (2016-03-03, anfenglish.com) [http://is.gd/gi5Lgb]
* "2 People Attacking on Police Killed in Bayrampaşa; Two people launching attack on riot police, and then hide in an apartment in Bayrambaşa have been killed in police operation. Governor Şahin has announced two police officers wounded" (2016-03-03, bianet.org) [archive.is/ostie]
* (2016-03-04) [archive.is/cIBQ1]:
Yet again Facebook has censored posts expressing support for those struggling against Erdogan's regime in #Turkey - the posts from yesterday of the two #DHKC / #DHKP-C martyrs have been removed.
RIP Berna Jilmaz (25 years old) & Cidem Jaksi (20 years old) who died yesterday in a shoot-out with Turkish police
Let's share this widely to say fuck Erdogan and fuck censorship!
* "How Turkey uses Facebook to repress Kurds" (2013-11-13, kurdishrights.org) [archive.is/DoBg4]: Last year, the American news website, Gawker [archive.is/BPCMO], released internal documents from within an outsourcing firm which employs “content moderators” to screen content posted on Facebook. Gawker obtained the documents from an employee of the firm, Amine Derkaoui, a 21-year old Moroccan incensed about his meager pay. The documents Derkaoui released revealed a long and thorough list of content it considers “illicit” or inappropriate for the social networking company’s squeaky-clean site. While the list included obvious and understandable items such as bullying and self-harm among the content matter it considers “abuse violations”, it also includes items that are more difficult to justifiably prohibit. Under a section titled, “IP Blocks and International Compliance” [archive.is/rD00k], the list explicitly forbids any content that can be considered an “attack on Ataturk”, includes “maps of Kurdistan” or depicts the “burning of Turkish flag(s)”. It also lists any content that depicts or expresses support for the PKK and/or Abdullah “Apo” Ocalan [archive.is/sGF01].
"Among the pages which have been closed during the month of July are the account of the main Kurdish party,wthe BDP, as well as those of its members: deputies Hasip Kaplan, Sırrı Süreyya Önder and Ayla Akat Ata, DTK co-chair Ahmet Türk, Diyarbakir Mayor Osman Baydemir and deputy Leyla Zana the Sakharov Prize.
The Turkish Minister of Communication Binali Yildirim had said in late June that “Facebook has a long harmonious collaboration” with the authorities. An approach that has not been shared by Twitter. According to the Minister, Twitter refused to cooperate."
Additionally, links to “pro-Kurdish” materials or content related to Abdullah Ocalan was blocked. Twitter user and pro-Kurdish rights activist Hevallo provided these screenshots to Al Jazeera’s online video program, The Stream: [archive.is/N0SzY] [archive.is/pqdbj].
In the past few years, Facebook — and other social media sites — have been idealized for their roles in the so-called “Arab Spring”, referring to the spate of revolutionary protests that overtook Middle Eastern countries in 2011 and onward. Facebook and Twitter, in particular, were accorded the special attentions of analysts and researchers as instruments of democratic debate and political organizing. Where dissent was stifled in the public, physical realm, it flourished in the online world. Facebook and other social network sites, as private enterprises based in what is a perceivably democratic society, are regarded as free spaces of discourse and dissent.
This, of course, is not true. If Facebook gets to pick and choose which revolutionary movements it will allow on its social networking site based on the whims of repressive governments, it becomes a counterrevolutionary force. While Facebook has censored other political items for non-political reasons before — “graphic content” or “hate speech” — censoring Kurdish activists in service of the Turkish government makes the site unsafe for voices of dissent in Turkey and other places as well.
* "Facebook's Kurdish problem? An online petition calls on Facebook CEO to stop censoring Kurdish content" (2013-08-24, stream.aljazeera.com) [http://is.gd/9XsD0s]
* "Sex, Flags, and Ocalan: Facebook Embraces Turkish Censorship" (2012-03-02, ekurd.net) [archive.is/D1tk1]
* "MLKP youths join YPS ranks in Nusaybin; A group of youths affiliated to the Marxist Leninist Communist Party (MLKP) have joined the ranks of Civilian Defense Units-YPS in Mardin's Nusaybin district where popular resistance against state's attacks endures with determination" (2016-03-03, anfenglish.com) [http://is.gd/UQtCVD], photos [archive.is/fltNf] [archive.is/3ztBg]
North Kurdistan, within the jurisdiction of the Republic of Turkey
* "Chronology of the Kurdish rebellion in Turkey" (2013-05-08, ekurd.net) [archive.is/8R6NQ]
* "Turkey: City of Cizre is a big cemetery" (2016-03-05, BBC Turkish) [archive.is/yJZ69]
* "Hundreds of bodies ‘on hold’ in clash-hit Turkey town" (2016-03-04, hurriyetdailynews.com) [archive.is/JaCd5]
* "Journalist from besieged city of Cizre: Help Us!" (2015-12-29, kurdishrights.org) [archive.is/KpVcO]
* Some of the 178 souls burned to death in #CizreMassacre. Still today 101 persons can not be identified to be burried
* "Three Kurdish politicians killed by Turkish Armed Forces" (2016-01-07, kurdishrights.org) [archive.is/80ABt]
* "Kurdish-American Ibrahim Parlak accused of PKK-affiliation faces deportation to Turkey" (2016-01-09, kurdishrights.org) [archive.is/WbVoN]
* "PKK STRIKE BACK AT TURKISH JUNTA FORCES, ROCKET FIRE HITS NAZI POLICE" (2016-02-29, novorossia.today) [archive.is/y1EN7]
* "Kurdish Conscripts Confront Impossible Odds In Turkey; While the PKK and PYD/YPG fighters officially constitute the main targets of the Turkish military, the pro-Kurdish lobby is also under fire" (2016-03-01, ekurd.net) [archive.is/QFTgY]
* "SITUATION IN CIZRE IS WORSE THAN BOSNIA; CHILDREN WERE BURNED ALIVE" (2016-03-04, kurdishquestion.com) [archive.is/lZyyw]
South Kurdistan (Basur), within the jurisdiction of the Republic of Iraq
Iraqi Kurdistan News in brief (ekurd.net)
* (2016-03-04) [archive.is/SLdim]
* (2016-03-05) [archive.is/FWx5G]
Map attached to a set of articles (2012) [archive.is/EJSMG]
Map [archive.is/ClPGW] included with set of articles (2015-10-30) [archive.is/hVOk3]
* "Kurdistan’s Democracy On The Brink; Iraqi Kurds have long prided themselves on their relatively high standards of governance. But now that reputation is under threat" (2015-10-28, foreignpolicy.com) [http://is.gd/i3e6C4] [begin excerpt]: Iraqi Kurdistan’s president since 2005 has been Masoud Barzani, whose family has ruled the conservative Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) since its establishment in 1946. Barzani was originally supposed to serve for eight years, as stipulated by the draft constitution. But a 2013 deal between the KDP and its erstwhile rival, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), extended his term for an additional two years. This deal was pushed through the regional parliament despite fierce resistance from the opposition and civil society, who called the extension unconstitutional. But, as of August 19, even this two-year extension has now passed — and the KDP has refused to respect the agreement. Barzani still clings to the presidency. His recalcitrance has plunged Iraqi Kurdistan into a deep constitutional crisis.
The region is now deeply divided. Four main parties – Gorran (the Movement for Change), the PUK, the Kurdistan Islamic Union, and the Kurdistan Islamic Group — are calling on Barzani to step down. These four parties, who might be described as the “constitutional camp,” are calling for a genuine parliamentary system in which the president is elected by parliament and is therefore accountable to it. In contrast, Barzani’s KDP and some of its smaller allies (locally known as “political shops” since they were either created or supported by KDP and PUK) want Barzani to get an additional two-year extension. They also argue for a presidential system that would give the president immense power. Only Barzani, they argue, can lead Iraqi Kurdistan in the fight against the Islamic State and thus win the Kurds an independent state — the latter being something that all Kurds, regardless of political persuasion, wholeheartedly favor.
Barzani appears determined to hang on. In a recent interview, his nephew (and current prime minister), Nechirvan Barzani, said that even the president himself acknowledges that his term has expired, and that his staying in power is therefore illegal. But he wants to remain in power until 2017, when the new election is scheduled, to lead the fight against the Islamic State.
Meanwhile, due to the stark decline in oil prices (as well as endemic corruption, general mismanagement, discord with Baghdad, and the fight against the self-proclaimed Islamic State), Kurdistan is facing a severe economic crisis after years of positive growth. The crisis has delayed payment of salaries to civil servants, led to shortages of fuel and electricity, and prompted growing social protests. The constitutional crisis compounds these problems and has fragmented Kurdish society to the core.
Instead of becoming the president of all Kurds, Barzani has remained the president of his own party only. He has been unwilling to take the serious steps necessary to address Kurdistan’s many challenges. He has failed to tackle high-level corruption. He has neglected to implement urgently needed reform of the military and the intelligence and security forces. He has balked at creating an independent judiciary — or, for that matter, any of the institutions required for a democratic statehood. And he has done nothing to bring perpetrators of human rights violations — from his party and others — to justice.
Rather than the unifying leader Kurds so desperately need, Barzani has become a source of division. Instead of relying on internal legitimacy, he has turned to regional and international sponsors to remain in power: the three most influential players in Kurdistan — the United States, Turkey, and Iran — support the unconstitutional extension of Barzani’s term. These countries claim that this bolsters the fight against the Islamic State and will provide stability in Kurdistan and Iraq. For them, it seems, “stability” is more important than democracy.
In its bid to keep Barzani in power, the KDP has resorted to intimidation, violence, threats to re-establish separate governments (which would essentially amount to partition of the region), the manipulation of judicial institutions, and the co-optation and coercion of intellectuals and journalists. [end excerpt]
* "PKK to Establish Military Units in Halabja Province" (2015-09-09, BasNews) [archive.is/Iom52]
* "PKK affiliate accuses Turkish intelligence MIT of Kurdistan-Ceyhan pipeline attacks" (2016-03-03, ekurd.net) [archive.is/ioxHI]
* "Israel supports Kurdistan independence, Israeli envoy to U.S. says" (2016-03-05, ekurd.net) [archive.is/COy3B]: Israel’s Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer stated that Tel Aviv supports the aspirations of the Kurds for independence, comparing their struggle to that of the Israelis.
This came in a statement relayed by Iraniennes.com.
The Kurds have been fighting for their independence in Kurdish regions divided between Iraq, Turkey and Syria and Iran. Kurds have a semi-autonomous government in Iraq’s Kurdistan region while Kurds in Syria have unofficial autonomous region in Syrian Kurdistan. The Kurds in Turkey under the banner of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) fighting the state for a greater autonomy.
Dermer who compared the struggle of the Kurds to that of the Israelis said that “Israel is backing the Kurds in their struggle for independence and praising their efforts in the war against ISIS.” The Ambassador didn’t dwell on the type of support the Kurds receive from Israel but further stated that “we feel there are strong relations between Jews and Kurds and between Israel and Kurdistan.”
His statement could irk authorities in Turkey as they are strongly against the creation of an independent Kurdish state and consider armed Kurdish groups as a threat to national security. Ankara has been shelling Kurdish groups along its border with Syrian Kurdistan and also engaged in fighting the PKK along its Iraqi border since July after a fragile ceasefire failed.
On Thursday, Tukey decided to lift the 24 hour curfew that was imposed on the southeastern Kurdish town of Cizre in Turkish Kurdistan since mid-December as part of a crackdown on the PKK between 5am and 7:30pm every day.
Israel has rocky relations with Turkey but the waves have become calmer over the past few months.
Israel’s Minister of Justice, Ayelet Shaked last January called for the formation of an independent Kurdistan, and urged for an enhanced policy of cooperation between Israel and the Kurds.
Israeli president Shimon Peres told Barack Obama in June 2014, support the independent and democratic de-facto state of the Kurds.
In 2014 policy speech, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed support for an independent Kurdistan. He praised their “political commitment and political moderation,” and said the Kurdish people were “worthy of their own political independence.”
Estimated to over 40 million Kurds live in Greater Kurdistan, which covers an area as big as France. More than 22.5 million Kurds live in southeastern Turkey (northern Kurdistan), estimated to over 12 million Kurds who live in northwestern Iran (eastern Kurdistan), nearly 3 million Kurds live in northern Syria (western Kurdistan) and 4 million Kurds live in northern Iraq (southern Kurdistan).
* "High hopes for new Erbil stock exchange ESX in Iraqi Kurdistan" (2013-05-07, ekurd.net) [archive.is/lGL0w] [begin excerpt]: While the proposed Erbil Stock Exchange, or ESX, is unlikely to offer much in the way of competition to the better-established exchange in Baghdad, the plans point yet again to Kurdistan’s emergence as a smaller, more business-savvy alternative to the more state-centric economic model followed in Baghdad.
Plannners hope the ESX will offer the same advantages that Kurdistan as a whole has already brought to the Iraqi economy: a pocket of good management and pro-business policies.
The ESX also has plans to expand from equities into debt and commodities after it opens, said Baljit Vohra, a senior vice president at the Louis Berger Group, a New Jersey-based consulting firm that has a contract with the Kurdistan Regional Government to get the exchange up and running.
The planners hope to avoid the lack of proper disclosure and the cronyism that have bedeviled many other exchanges in the Middle East region, and have kept foreign investors at a distance. [end excerpt]
West Kurdistan (Rojava), within the jurisdiction of the Arab Republic of Syria, governed by the Rojava Kurdistan Democratic Autonomous Administration
Map [archive.is/7Z32s]. News [rojavareport.wordpress.com].
Save Kobane [facebook.com/Save-Kobane-297459630456872]
* " ‘Western Kurdistan could be a model for a free and democratic Syria’: PYD leader Salih Muslim" (2013-05-08, ekurd.net) [archive.is/xsMcv]
* interview of Ajansa Nûçeyan at Fırat (Kurdish News Agency) with DAF (Revolutionary Anarchist Action) (2014-09-30) [archive.is/1ZvD9]: Revolutionary Anarchist Action (DAF/Devrimci Anarşist Faaliyet) is taking part in ongoing people's resistance at the Kobanê border. DAF members are making a call, stating "Whoever calls themselves a revolutionary should feel each bullet fired at Kobane as a bullet fired at themselves, and should defend Kobane".
To defend the Kobane resistance, different organizations from different sections are taking place at the guard action along 25km long border. DAF members are among them.
Revolutionary Anarchist Action member A. Melik Yalçın that joined the border guard thats been going on for 6 days, stated that they joined the action at Kobane border because they see the Kobane struggle as the struggle of oppressed.
"ISIS mobs will lose against the freedom fighters. Struggle of our comrades that resist in Kobane is a heritage from Kawas that resisted Dehaks. We too, will continue walking on this way of our comrades" stated Yalçın, adding that communal life during the guard action is important for them, and they gained mutual experience during the resistance guard.
Yalçın stated "Whoever calls themselves a revolutionary should feel each bullet fired at Kobane as a bullet fired at themselves, so its our call to everyone, primarily to all the revolutionaries, to defend the resistance of Kobane".
Photo caption: Revolutionary Anarchist Action at the border guard
* "The Rojava Electricity Project - 23k in 23 Days" (2015-08-06) [archive.is/IRlq7]
* "Rojava: Interview With Environmentalist Anarchist Fighting in Kobane" (2015-10-30, jiyan.org, via libertarianbrigades.noblogs.org) [archive.is/47uGe]
* As of February 26th, the "Libertarian International Brigades blog" (http://libertarianbrigades.noblogs.org) has been shut down!
Introduction (2015-11-01) [archive.is/RoEgu]: Libertarian International Brigades is a comunication project to give voice to libertarian friends and camrades involved in the revolutionary struggle in Syria, Turkey, Kurdistan and all around Middle East.
We want to share tools, contacts, statements and discussions with anyone interested in support the social insurrection and the antifascist resistance.
Also, we urge to all collectives to work in solidarity. For this project we not only need camrades on the ground; translations, and broadcasting in social medias are wellcome!
* "Syrian Front: 22 Agreements, 27 Ceasefire Violations, Turkish Attacks and Incitements Continue" (2016-03-04, syria360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/HEU0O] [begin excerpt]: The YPG Kurds have recently bonded with the Damascus government. The Syrian army sent several arms cargoes to the YPG troops in the Northeastern province of Hasaka and trained the first group of Kurdish volunteer forces in the provincial capital city of Hasaka last month.
The SDF that is comprised of mainly Kurdish fighters as well as a few hundred Syrian Arab dissident forces have received trainings from the US and have been provided with scanty US-coalition air support in their battles in Raqqa province in Northeastern Syria; but in Northern and Northwestern battlefronts, they have been operating alongside the YPG and received the Russian air backup in their Aleppo wars that started with the conquest of Tishrin Dam on the Euphrates early in February.
Assisted by the Syrian army – that has along with popular forces and Hezbollah conquered almost all militant-held regions in Eastern, Southern, Western and Northwestern Aleppo province – and Russian air support, the Kurdish forces fighting against the terrorists in North-Northeast Aleppo province have been making striking advances against the Al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham and ISIL terrorists in February. [end excerpt]
East Kurdistan, within the jurisdiction of the Islamic Republic of Iran
* Iranian Kurdistan News in brief (2016-03-04, ekurd.net) [archive.is/UQxjK]
State of Israel and international operations
[972mag.com] [dukium.org] [icahd.org] [haaretz.com] [i24news.tv] [tabletmag.com]
* "March 18 Conference to Examine Israel’s Influence on America" press release (2016-01, israelsinfluence.org) [archive.is/QKlBj], attached video [https://youtu.be/LJBianooq0A]:
"America is a thing that you can move very easily..." Binyamin Netanyahu, 2001
“Israel’s Influence: Good or Bad for America?” is the theme of a daylong conference at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, on March 18, 2016.
“Israel’s Influence” is co-sponsored by the American Educational Trust, publisher of the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, and the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy (IRmep). Attendees receive lunch and an invitation to a special attendee-speaker reception.
Expert panelists and keynote speakers will analyze the enormous impact Israel’s influence has on Congress, establishment media, academia and other major institutions. They will explore the costs and benefits in terms of foreign aid and covert intelligence, foreign policy, America’s regional and global standing, and unbiased news reporting.
American taxpayers provide Israel with more than $3.1 billion annually in military aid. Since 1948 Israel has received far more than any other country, despite polls showing that most Americans oppose such aid. Israel and its U.S. supporters are now lobbying for a $1 billion increase—to $4.5 billion yearly—as “compensation” for the recently concluded nuclear deal with Iran, despite Israel and its lobby’s overt attempts to prevent it. What Israeli assumptions about America drive this?
In 2001 Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who characterized the 9/11 attacks on America as “good” for Israel, stated, “I know what America is. America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction.”
The lobby in charge of moving America is vast and powerful. It will raise and spend another estimated $4.1 billion in 2016 charitable contributions to indirectly subsidize Israeli institutions such as the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), finance U.S. Israel advocacy, lobby local, state and federal officials, and support Israel-centric “education” programs. Some of this “education” supports pro-Israel programs in schools, colleges and universities. It also covers training federal and local law enforcement officials to focus on American Muslim and Arab communities as potential terrorist and “violent extremist” threats.
History reveals that Israel and its lobby are most influential when they can point to—or, in the case of the Iran nuclear threat, manufacture—an existential crisis that allegedly threatens Israel or the U.S. What could the U.S. do differently without the constant influence of Israel and its advocacy campaigns? What actions can Americans take, especially leading up to the ballot box?
In 2012, delegates to the Democratic National Convention opposed by voice vote a plank naming Jerusalem the “undivided capital of Israel”—though party bosses eventually passed the measure. Key constituents who are younger, more ethnically diverse, and focused on justice reject the party’s traditionally unconditional support for Israel. On the Republican side, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu enjoys higher approval ratings than the American president. In polls, many Republicans would side with Israel even if it meant siding against their own country. Yet some powerful conservative forces are rallying against elite US foreign policy consensus. They reject the neoconservative principle of "primacy" and unquestioned alliances which are "all cost and no benefit." What do these seismic shifts portend for Israel?
“Israel’s Influence: Good or Bad for America?” (See the YouTube informational conference video at https://youtu.be/LJBianooq0A) will take place two days before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the lobbying umbrella for Israel, holds its annual policy conference in the nation’s capital. According to Steve Rosen, AIPAC’s former director of foreign policy, “AIPAC spent 10 years” trying to torpedo any nuclear agreement with Iran. What will be the lobby’s next target during the coming decade and how will that affect Americans?
For speaker and program updates, follow us on Twitter @IsraelInfluence or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/914716598565894/
* [facebook.com/JB-For-Congress-828133600597822], a candidate for the USA Federal Congress:
* "Classified: Politicizing the Nakba in Israel's state archives Documents that have already been cited in history books are being re-classified in the State Archives" (2016-02-19, 972mag.com) [archive.is/ITNjW]
* "The Tantura massacre of 1948 and the academic character assassination of Teddy Katz" (2016-03-03, mondoweiss.net) [archive.is/N6XGi] [begin excerpt]: The Tantura massacre in May 1948, committed by Haganah forces just days after the declaration of the State of Israel, is not only one of the worst massacres of 1948, but its cover-up is also, in itself, a story, showing us just how effective silence can be in obscuring crimes against humanity.
My article is based on several hours of interview with Teddy Katz, the man whose Masters thesis on the Tantura Massacre (submitted 1998, Haifa University) caused a major furore in Israel following its wide exposure to the Israeli public in a Maariv article in early 2000. I have likewise interviewed other members of his family to get a perspective of the effect that the ideological, political, legal and societal storm has had on Katz. Historian Ilan Pappe, who was a professor at the Haifa University at the time and was very close to Katz and the case, has referred to the story in detail in his 2001 article “The Tantura Case in Israel: The Katz Research and Trial” (in Journal of Palestininian Studies) , which was written whilst a libel case against Katz by Haganah veterans was taking place. I refer to Pappe’s article quite a lot and summarize from it, as well as from other articles, and mirror these facts and references with those things said by Teddy Katz as well as his family. I continue in my coverage beyond the trial until late 2003, when the university, which first awarded Katz with an A+, later failed him on his revised thesis which was even more comprehensive – in an act which was clearly motivated by political concerns, as I will show. [...]
The issue of what actually happened there in 1948 continues to promote heated debate. Was it essentially a “war of self-defence” forced upon Israel, or an act of deliberate ethnic cleansing? Whilst there may be some possible options in between (as the view of Benny Morris, that there was a ”transfer” but that it was born of war, not design), Israel has been very careful about keeping cases that challenge the “self-defence” narrative hidden.” It goes to the extent of not only prolonging half-century classifications (as here [http://is.gd/TRK08P]) but even re-classifications of already declassified material which the state had “regretted” the exposure of [archive.is/ITNjW].
Tantura was a Palestinian village on the Mediterranean coast south of Haifa and inside the area the United Nations had ruled would become a Jewish state. The massacre there was one of the biggest massacres perpetrated in the 1948 war, second to Dawaymeh. The reason these massacres are less known than the Deir Yassin massacre is likely because the leadership was in a very different paradigm than at the time of Deir Yassin in April 1948. Then it was the Irgun and Stern Gang, the terrorist underground organisations, which were informed by the ultra-nationalist Revisionist ideology of Jabotinsky. They were to the right of Ben-Gurion, so he and the more mainstream Labor leadership could thus both profit from the terror and the Palestinian flight that it caused, whilst distancing themselves from it and portraying it as a rogue act [archive.is/aCrKG]. After the declaration of the state in May 1948, Ben-Gurion outlawed these organizations and had their members incorporated into the Israeli Defense Forces. Thus massacres committed after the declaration could no longer be attributed to “others”, and the Israeli leadership had to be more cautious about the portrayal of such events – so as not to resemble a rogue state.
One needs to bear in mind that we are not speaking of a mere handful of massacres. According to historian Ilan Pappe, there were nearly 40 of them. [end excerpt]
* "The Mukhtar’s sworn testimony – more on the 1948 Dawaymeh Massacre" (2016-02-12, mondoweiss.net) [archive.is/aCrKG]
* "The Dawaymeh massacre" (1949-06-14, submitted by the Arab Refugee Congress of Ramallah to the Technical Committee of the UN Conciliation Commission for Palestine) (.pdf) [http://is.gd/ktvyI7]:
UNITED NATIONS CONCILIATION COMMISSION FOR PALESTINE
RESTRICTED. Com. Tech /W.3
14 June 1949
REPORT SUBMITTED BY THE ARAB REFUGEE CONGRESS OF RAMALLAH
THE DAWAYMEH MASSACRE
Little is known about the brutal massacre of Arab peasants in the village of Dawaymeh on 28/10/48.* Dawaymeh is situated a few kilometers west of Hebron [Al Khalil]. It had a population of six thousand people. Some four thousand Arab refugees had taken refuge in the village prior to the massacre. The reason why so little is known about this massacre which in many respects, was more brutal than Deir Yassin massacre, is because the Arab Legion (the army in control of that area) feared that if the news was allowed to spread, it would have the same effect on the moral of the peasantry that Deir Yassin had, namely to cause another flow of Arab refugees.
For the benefit therefore of the Arab delegations assembled here in Lausanne, a brief account of the massacre is presented here. This account is taken out of a Sworn Statement given by Hassan Mahmoud Ihdeib, the Mukhtar of Dawaymeh village. I have personally interviewed the Mukhtar and found him to be a reasonable quiet man, not given to exaggeration.
He reports that half an hour after the midday prayer on Friday the 28/10/48*, he heard the sound of shooting from the western side of the village. On investigation, he observed a troop of some twenty armoured cars approaching the village on the Qubeiba-Dawaymeh road, a second troop appraoching along the Beit Jibrin-Dawaymeh road and other armoured vehicles approaching from the direction of Mafkhar-Dawaymeh. The village had only twenty guards. They were posted on the western side of the village.
When the armoured cars were within half a kilometer from the village, they opened fire from automatic weapons and mortars and advanced on the village in a semi-circular movement, thereby surrounding the village on the western, northern and southern sides. A section of the armoured cars entered the village with automatic weapons blazing – Jewish troop jumped out of the armoured cars and spread out through the streets of the village firing promiscuously at anything they saw. The villagers began to flee the village while the older ones took shelter in the mosque and others in a nearby cave called Iraq El Zagh. The shooting continued for about an hour.
The following day, the Mukhtar met with the villagers and agreed to return to the village that night to find out the fate of those that had stayed behind. He reports that in the mosque there were the bodies of some sixty persons, most of them were men of advanced age who had taken shelter in the mosque. His father was among them. He saw a large number of bodies in the streets, bodies of men, women and children. He then went to the cave of Iraq El Zagh. He found at the mouth of the cave the bodies of eighty five persons, again men, women and children.
The mukhtar then carried out a census of the inhabitants of the village and found that a total of 455 persons was missing of whom 280 were men and the rest women and children.
There were other casualties among the refugees, the number of which the Mukhtar was unable to determine.
The Mukhtar explicitly states that the village had not been called upon to surrender and that the Jewish troops had not met with any resistance.
It need hardly be mentioned that this brutal and unprovoked attack occured during the truce.
ARAB REFUGEE CONGRESS
State of Palestine, exile community, and occupied territories
[english.palinfo.com] [qassam.ps] [pflp.ps/english]
State of Palestine - Gaza (governed by Hamas)
* " 'Tanks don’t run on wheels': Israel mocks hardware 'captured & rebuilt' by Hamas" (2016-02-03, rt.com) [archive.is/Vy3IH]: The war machine recently showed off by Hamas is a fake, senior Israeli official Ofir Gendelman tweeted. He believes the 'tank' is in fact a wooden replica, planted on another, less intimidating vehicle.
The memorial service for seven Hamas fighters killed by a tunnel collapse about a week ago featured a piece of military hardware shown off by the movement’s military wing Izz ad-Din Al-Qassam Brigades. The ceremony was aired by Hamas's Al-Aqsa TV.
“The Tufah neighborhood [in Gaza] has a long history with enemy tanks and therefore we’re preparing for the day we shall meet those tanks,” Al-Qassam Brigades speaker said according to the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI). “Let the locally-produced vehicle move forward.”
However the Israeli prime minister's spokesperson for Arab media, Ofir Gendelman, mocked the machine on Twitter.
The picture of ‘tank on wheels’ triggered a storm of giggles on Twitter. Some, such as anonymous pro-Israel blog Elder of Ziyon, suggested that the construction was in fact a fiberglass carcass with a car inside it.
However, Al-Qassam Brigades tweeted that the ‘tank’ displayed at the ceremony was merely a simulation.
[sabanews.net/en] [ansar-allah.net] [yemen-news-today.org]
* " ‘Senseless & diabolical’: Pope shocked by slaughter at elderly home in Yemen" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/cITff], attached video [https://youtu.be/DgeQk-z0RfI] [begin excerpt]: At least 16 people, including four nuns, have been killed in an attack on a retirement home in the southern Yemeni city of Aden. Pope Francis has condemned the senseless and diabolical violence which has been blamed on Islamic State terrorists or affiliates. [end excerpt]
Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic ("Western Sahara")
Learn more about the Sahrawi People [SahrawiSolidarity.blogspot.com]
Islamic Republic of Iran, and international operations
* "Leader visits Christian martyrs’ homes on Christmas" photo album (2015-12-27) [archive.is/zKQjG]: Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has visited the families of Iranian Christian martyrs on the occasion of Jesus Christ’s birth anniversary. Photos [archive.is/ZXdMA] [archive.is/L5Tzd] [archive.is/bJdYz] [archive.is/qb0kE]
Iran is a tolerant police state, if anything else, we won't see the Saudi Arabians posing with a Christmas tree among Christians.
* "Iran's secret Christian movement grows, with help from abroad" (2016-03-07, foxnews.com) [archive.is/AmmRi]
Republic of Afghanistan / Islamic Republic Of Pashtunistan / Waziristan
* "Graveyard for ISIS? President Ghani claims victory over jihadists in eastern Afghanistan" (2016-03-06, rt.com) [archive.is/jESlT]
* " 'They prefer boys in Afghanistan': RT unveils DOCUMENTARY about 'dancing bachas' recruited for sex" (2016-03-05, rt.com) [archive.is/Hq2Ur]
Towards a People's Republic of India
[signalfire.org/category/maoists-india] [icspwindia.wordpress.com] [liberationbase.wordpress.com] [sanhati.com]
* "Escalation of counter-insurgency violence on indigenous people in Bastar, Chhattisgarh, India and on human rights activists, lawyers and journalists who are working for the rights of the indigenous people in the above mentioned region" communication to The Special Rapporteur on Rights of Indigenous People at the The Human Rights Council of The United Nations (2016-02-29) [archive.is/vx1fS]
* "Maoists attack Rajnandgaon mine: Narrow escape for Chhattisgarh's top industrialist" (2016-03-08, timesofindia.indiatimes.com) [archive.is/psv4T]: RAIPUR: Chhattisgarh top industrialist and owner of Sarda Energy and Minerals, Kamal Sarda, had a narrow escape on Monday evening when Maoists attacked his mine at Rajnandgaon district and shot a manager before torching six vehicles and thrashing labourers. Sarda had left the mine barely an hour before the attack.
After killing the manager, Maoists threw pamphlets written in red attributed to CPI-ML group of Pallemadi area committee, demanding a ban on mining and luring innocent villagers by giving them jobs and engaging them in exploitation of 'jal-jungle-jameen'.
Maoists barged into a mine at Pallemadi village and shot AGM Sree Kumar Nayar. His body was evacuated late in the night.
Confirming the incident, Sarda told TOI, "While I was returning from Dongargaon, I went unannounced to Pellemadi mine for inspection and less than an hour after I left, Maoists launched an attack. It was a narrow escape. Maoists shot our manager."
Sarda said his mines had been attacked four times in the past by Maoists and they damaged equipment and vehicles, but did not kill anyone.
* Statement on Recent Repression at JNU (2016-02-28, Democratic Student Union, via signalfire.org) [archive.is/wAGgz] [begin excerpt]: We must not forget that the crackdown which we are facing in JNU is in no way separate from the repression and incarceration faced by the oppressed people of this country on an everyday basis. Neither should we forget that we cannot escape this psychological warfare and reign of terror by restraining ourselves from speaking the truth out aloud. Today, we must stand united with the ongoing struggles in all campuses from IIT Madras to FTII, HCU to JNU. Our united struggle for right to dissent cannot be isolated from the struggle for justice for Rohith and against institutional murder of Dalits, Brahmanism in Education and targeting of minority students.
We may have political differences with each other, but in the face of fascism, if we start condemning fellow student activists in the fear of repression, then we are readily conceding to the states’ attempt to break our unity. Now, a draconian and colonial law is being invoked by the Brahmanical Indian State to charge students with sedition for sloganeering. We may not agree with all sorts of slogans, but we must not forget the historical injustice perpetrated on the people of Kashmir and their democratic aspirations by the Indian State for more than sixty years. The charge of sedition levelled against our fellow students is nothing but a sham that puts the entire judiciary under trial.
Today, Brahmanical Hindutva Fascism in the garb of jingoistic nationalism is amassing the rural and urban unemployed youth in large numbers while simultaneously expediting the imperialist loot and plunder of people’s resources aided by the State and big corporates, bolstering its anti-people policies and pulling up the farce of “Make in India”. This State is trying to divert the attention of the people from its economic crisis by violently propagating Hindutva Nationalism. This nationalism is nothing but a conceited face of fascism. By enforcing unquestioning obedience to the Sangh’s notion of Hindi-Hindu-Hindustan, the Indian State is trying to create wedges between dalits, adivasis, muslims, women and other oppressed minorities because this state is fearful of our unity. [end excerpt]
* "Intensify the on-going struggle against Sedition" (2016-03-04, Democratic Students Union, via signalfire.org) [archive.is/wohy5]
* "JNU: Forensic Lab finds Kanhaiya videos doctored, Irani's aide faces heat online; Shilpi Tewari, Irani's aide, was actively involved in promoting the alleged fake videos on social media" (2016-03-02, thenewsminute.com), visit the link for insightful comments [http://is.gd/aluCEO] [begin excerpt]: At least two out of the seven video clips of the alleged 'anti-national' sloganeering in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on February 9 and 11 have been 'doctored,' according to forensic reports accessed by various media outlets on Tuesday.
Quoting sources, a report in The Indian Express [archive.is/vB0Hd] claimed that 'serious' tampering and 'very special words' were inserted into the clips, while adding that the video samples were sent by the Delhi government to Truth Lab in Hyderabad.
India Today also accessed a report which claimed that two of the videos, including one which shows student leader Kanhaiya Kumar shouting anti-national and seditious slogans are fake.
However, what triggered a storm on social media on Tuesday night was the result from the second doctored video, which was claimed to be picked up from Shilpi Tewari, a close aide of Union HRD minister Smriti Irani.
Shilpi was also actively involved over the past week in promoting the alleged fake videos on social media.
The report also added that the second video shared by Shilpi online did not contain any edits, but there were 'discrepancies' in the lip sync as the audio and video streams were from different sources and "merged with an intention to make these recordings appear as representations of true events."
Following these reports, there was massive outrage on Twitter with Shilpi reportedly deactivating her account temporarily on Tuesday night. Her account back online, but she has not tweeted since February 27. [end excerpt]
* "My face today is the face of Bastar's fight: Soni Sori" (2016-03-07, ptinews.com) [archive.is/F2Wj3]: Tribal rights activist Soni Sori, who was attacked with an acid-like chemical in Chhattisgarh last month, today said the condition of her face is reflective of the fight in naxal-hit Bastar area.
Sori, was introduced by Kanhaiya to the audience at the varsity's administration block, which has been the venue of protest ever since the students union president was arrested in a sedition case over an event against hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru during which anti-national slogans were allegedly raised.
"Government will not say anything when women are raped by policemen but in this case they applied all their tactics but could not find a single evidence against Kanhaiya. But JNU students have always expressed solidarity with my fight since 2011," she added.
Sori, who had unsuccessfully contested the 2014 Lok Sabha polls on an AAP ticket, was brought to the capital by the party and taken to the hospital as the local doctors were "unable" to identify the chemical and treat her.
The 44-year-old Adivasi school teacher was arrested by the Delhi Police's Crime Branch for Chhattisgarh Police in 2011 on charges of acting as a conduit for Maoists. During her imprisonment, she alleged that she was tortured and sexually assaulted by Chhattisgarh state police. By April 2013, the Indian Courts had acquitted her in six of the eight cases filed against her due to lack of evidence.
When the agitation for Kanhaiya's release was going on, a group of JNU students had burnt the effigy of Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh condemning the attack on Sori.
* "Provide Free Education To Children In The Name Of Maoist (Red Salute) Is A Maoist Training" (2016-03-07, khabarmantra.com) machine translated [archive.is/dhCSC] [begin excerpt]: Free coaching center running in Maoist-affected areas and rural education institutions plan to join the Naxalite area children have been campaigning. It informs students about the Maoist theory and the temptation to join the organization Hanknksli give free education to children in the name of class 1 to 6 copies, pen, pencil and slate are free. SDPO Nisar Ahmed said Naxals teacher's severe case of collusion. [end excerpt]
People’s War in India News Clippings (signalfire.org)
* (2016-02-27) [archive.is/4R1PP], with 6 links
* (2016-02-28) [archive.is/gD11O], with 14 links
* (2016-02-29) [archive.is/z1om0], with 3 links
* (2016-03-01) [archive.is/Q0HCs], with 8 links
* (2016-03-02) [archive.is/fBm07], with 9 links
* (2016-03-03) [archive.is/H3Xoc], with 9 links
* (2016-03-04) [archive.is/foYjD], with 6 links
* (2016-03-05) [archive.is/hptuI], with 8 links
* (2016-03-06) [archive.is/FZ8Tn], with 6 links
* (2016-03-07) [archive.is/kKtun], with 8 links
* (2016-03-08) [archive.is/6K7Yw], with 3 links
Look closely. These are grandparents, mothers, families who are sacrificing all to protect their land against fascism. Stand with them now, or you, too, will suffer the wrath of fascism. Defend the People!
* "Alleged leader of Biplobi Communist Party arrested in Jhenidah" (2016-02-28) [archive.is/Kr0tW]
Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
* "KYOCERA Donates Solar Power Generating Systems to Nepal to Support Earthquake Reconstruction; Solar energy utilized for medical facilities as part of United Nations' reconstruction efforts" (2016-02-15, global.kyocera.com) [archive.is/HfrR6]
People's Republic of China
News: [news.cn/english] [news.xinhuanet.com]; Map [archive.is/X1hWW]; History & the Current Context [http://is.gd/QwvQLr]
* "Chinese mogul to be punished for online criticisms: report" (2016-03-01, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/B0nlx]
* "Two Tibetans set themselves on fire: reports" (2016-03-02, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/HO8xI]
Dai Nippon (Empire of Japan)
* "Police crack down on Zengakuren, arrest students for 'obstructing university classes' " (2016-03-07, throwoutyourbooks.wordpress.com) [archive.is/XhQJa] [begin excerpt]: The police crackdown on the far left in Japan continues unabated. Following the two arrests at a Chūkaku-ha apartment (one was later released and another re-arrested) [archive.is/owOzy] and recent Kakurōkyō raid [archive.is/Hj1rR], as well as numerous arrests and raids in 2015, now comes a fresh series of arrests by the security police and Kyoto police between February 29th and March 1st.
The targets were high-profile leaders of far-left student activism in Japan: 6 were arrested and 13 places raided by police nationwide, including Kumano Dormitory and other Kyoto University sites. The arrests are in connection with “forcible obstruction of university classes” during a campus strike that prevented classes from taking place at one site for around 6 hours. Raids were also made of Chūkaku-ha bases in Osaka, Fukushima City and Naha, Okinawa. [end excerpt]
Photo caption: The police raid on Kumano Dormitory on February 29th.
* "Police raid far-left Kakurōkyō faction over Yokota Air Base attack, arrest six" (2016-02-26, throwoutyourbooks.wordpress.com) [archive.is/Hj1rR]: It’s crackdown season — but isn’t it always?
Security police have carried out raids on three covert bases allegedly linked to the “non-mainstream” faction of Kakurōkyō, the far-left group with a history of mortar attacks on US military facilities over the past 15 years.
Police searched three sites in Tokyo, Yokohama and Ichikawa City, Chiba, on February 23rd, arresting six male and female activists in their sixties on suspicion of violently resisting the raids. The arrests may include the commander of the faction’s secret “revolutionary army”, which is accused of other recent attacks.
The searches were carried out on suspected Kimoto-ha (Sekisaisha-ha) locations over Swords and Firearms Control Law violations in connection with a 2013 paramilitary attack on Yokota Air Base in west Tokyo.
The November 28th incident saw two mortars launched at the United States Air Force base in Fussa. One of the mortars landed in the base and the faction claimed responsibility a few days later. Police announced that a shell of the kind used by the faction was found at one of the sites raided, along with gunpowder, indicating it was being used as for manufacturing arms.
As we head towards May’s G7 Summit in Ise-shima, security policy are raising the pressure on established far-left groups, leading to a string of recent raids and arrests, most prominently on Chūkaku-ha and associated groups. The Kimoto-ha faction of Kakurōkyō has made provocative statements about “smashing the summit” and authorities are no doubt anxious to avoid a repeat of 1986, a year in which numerous small “guerrilla” incidents raised tensions in the capital during and surrounding the G7 Summit.
Ironically, the most famous incident from the 1986 summit — allegedly carried out by Chūkaku-ha activists on Akasaka Palace — still reverberates today. The three activists continue to challenge the court rulings and profess their innocence, as covered regularly by the Chūkaku-ha twice-weekly organ.
The Kakurōkyō’s Revolutionary Army unit also claims it carried out an attack on a construction company in Kawaguchi, Saitama, in October 2014 [archive.is/T6zDA]. In April 2015, it also allegedly launched a mortar attack on Camp Zama [archive.is/jJT2W]. However, until now security police had not announced overt moves to tackle this faction of Kakurōkyō, in spite of its presentation in the media as a viable threat.
How seriously should we take Kakurōkyō as a menace to proceedings when May rolls round? Well, in terms of established New Left groups in Japan, it probably is the most credible threat, for what that’s worth. But then these are men and women old enough to collect pensions and, while they are alleged to have caused deaths in past years, have been mostly preoccupied by internal conflict over the previous two decades, and whose recent mortar attacks are largely performative.
With the summit this year and then the Olympics in 2020, we are potentially seeing a replay of what happened in the late 1980s, when the 1986 Summit, 1988 Seoul Olympics and then changeover in emperor triggered heightened security fears in Japan, which were proved not wholly unjustified by the guerrilla responses of domestic groups and even the return to Japanese shores of members of the Japanese Red Army [archive.is/popYo] and the Yodogō hijackers [archive.is/rtJZM].
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) in northern Korea
Info collected by Juche-Buddhism Friendship Society, for Peace through Knowledge!
News: [rodong.rep.kp/en] [naenara.com.kp/en] [kcna.kp/kcna.user.home.retrieveHomeInfoList.kcmsf] [dprktoday.com] [nktoday.kr/?cat=305]
Korean Central Television (KCTV) - English Service (Broadcasting Committee of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea) official social media links live as of 2016-03-09:
English language DPRK news media contact list:
- Naenara editorial team: [flph@)star-co.net.kp]
- Korea's Today Pyongyang Moranbong Editorial House: [dprktoday@)silibank.com]
- Uriminzokkiri: [uriminzok@)silibank.com]
Children's films - "Hoktten story" [youtube.com/watch?v=44i1ChF4wwk]
* "National Meeting Held to Mark Int'l Women's Day" (2016-03-09, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/3EUpx]
* "Trees Planted on Tree-planting Day" (2016-03-03, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/VE4zF]: A spring tree-planting campaign started in the DPRK.
Meetings of agricultural workers and members of the Union of the Agricultural Workers of Korea, working people, youth league organizations, young people and officials and members of the Democratic Women’s Union of Korea took place before the Mangyongdae Revolutionary Museum, on Moran Hill, before the Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace and at the Central Nursery of the Ministry of Land and Environment Protection on March 2 to pledge to launch a vigorous forest restoration campaign true to the plan of supreme leader Kim Jong Un for land development.
Present at the meetings were Kim Yong Nam, Pak Pong Ju, Kim Ki Nam and other senior officials of the Party and the state, the chairperson of the Central Committee of the Korean Social Democratic Party, officials of Party and power organs, Cabinet, working people’s organizations, commissions, ministries and national agencies, working people, youth and students.
The reporters and speakers said President Kim Il Sung and Chairman Kim Jong Il devoted all their lives to turning the mountains of the country into the thickly wooded people’s paradise and flower gardens, adding that their patriotic devotion and exploits would remain shining forever.
They called for bringing about an epochal turn in the forest restoration campaign this year when the Seventh Congress of the WPK is to be held by making patriotic dedication to the work for handing down the assets of lasting value to the generations to come under the leadership of Kim Jong Un.
At the end of the meetings the senior Party and state officials planted trees and flower shrubs of various species together with working people, youth and students.
* "3.5 Million Trees Planted" (2016-03-03, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/uY49C]
* "KPA Service Personnel Plant Many Trees" (2016-03-04, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/UtVLl]: Service personnel of the Korean People's Army planted at least 7.1 million trees of good species on Wednesday which marked 70th Tree-planting Day.
The trees planted by them included Larix lepolepis, pine-nut trees, Pyongyang maple trees, acacias and fruit trees.
* "Railway Transportation Schedule Over-fulfilled" (2016-03-03, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/iapWW]: The 70-day campaign was launched in the DPRK from February 23 to greet the Seventh Congress of the Workers’ Party of Korea with unprecedented labour achievements. As part of the campaign, employees in the field of railway transportation have over-fulfilled their daily schedule.
The Ministry of Railways is properly carrying on the organization and control of transport on the basis of detailed data on the running of freight cars and cargos at stations.
The Pyongyang Railway Bureau is paying primary attention to transporting cargo necessary for important projects through concentrated transportation.
The Hamhung and Rason railway bureaus, in particular, have carried out their transport schedules at 108.2 percent and 104.4 percent on a daily average. The same is true of the Chongjin and Kaechon railway bureaus.
The achievements made in railway transportation greatly encourage the working people in other fields of the national economy who have turned out in the campaign.
* Poster [archive.is/8RpH8]: "Let us improve the organization and control of transport services to ensure regular operation of trains!"
* "New Posters Produced" (2016-03-04, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/HBJCt]
* Detail from poster [archive.is/9kn3d]: The cause of Juche-oriented socialism is ever-victorious, and only victory and glory will be in store for us!
* "Library sets eyes on online service" (2016-03-05, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/pUSPR]: The DPRK is pushing the campaign to make all the people well versed in science and technology by dint of sci-tech hubs built across the country.
Among them is the North Hwanghae Provincial Library built in the shape of a computer.
With a housing capacity of 300 000 volumes of books and hundreds of computers, the library provides sci-tech services at several reading, lecture and study rooms
Zeal for study pervading the whole country can be felt through the avid readers in the library including students, workers and farmers.
Especially, the online lecture room, which is linked with central and local scientific research and educational institutions including the Grand People’s Study House, Kim Il Sung University and Kim Chaek University of Technology, is always full of students in distance education courses.
“It’s my pleasure to attend online lecture after night shift. I’m eager to finish this remote education course at Wonsan Jong Jun Thaek University of Economics and continue my study at Kim Il Sung University to build up my practical ability,” Kim Kyong Sim, who works at a construction company, said.
The library also operates a local network Ryesonggang, which deals with millions of pieces of information in all fields.
It transmits information related to farming in particular to city and county libraries in real time as the province is a country’s leading grain producer.
Jo Kum Dong, chief engineer of the Management Board of the Toksan Cooperative Farm, Kumchon County, said: “I’m very glad to attend the lectures given by the library and have access to necessary information anytime in the science and technology diffusion room. It’s very convenient.”
* "Steel Output on Increase in DPRK" (2016-03-04, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/BfF9R]
* "Productivity Rises Sharply in Mining Industry" (2016-03-07, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/Z8mbc]: The ongoing 70-day campaign in the DPRK inspires all the employees of mines under the Ministry of Mining Industry to boost production rapidly.
Changdo Mine carried out its yearly plan at 123 per cent while Unhung Mine topped its plan for the first quarter of the year.
The Alloying Element and Mining management bureaus have carried out their assignments for the campaign at 70 and 45 per cent respectively.
Such increased production is also reported from Unpha, Riwon and many other mines across the country.
* "Successes Made in Producing Electronic Goods" (2016-03-05, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/oQpWg]
* "Project of Paektusan Hero Youth Power Station Progresses Apace" (2016-03-05, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/5s3A4]: The construction of Paektusan Hero Youth Power Station No. 3 is pushed forward in the DPRK.
From the outset of the 70-day campaign, the fulfillment of daily construction plan grew 1.5 times.
As of March 2, concrete tamping for core wall was completed at 74.8 percent, dam building at 50 percent, tamping for substructure of generator room at 85 percent and drain excavation at 75 percent.
Remarkable successes have also been witnessed at relevant units.
The Chollima Steel Complex, Kyongsong Insulator Factory and Sangwon and Sunchon cement complexes fulfilled their quotas on the project.
For the past nine days since the start of the 70-day campaign, the production and assembly of equipment like turbine and transformer reached 98 percent, up 23 percent from 75 percent before the campaign, at the Taean Heavy Machine Complex.
The same is true of the Ranam Coal-mining Machine Complex and the Chongjin Metal Construction Complex.
* "New Achievement in Solar Energy Use" (2016-03-07, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/VmfZI]: Recently, Kim Il Sung University has made a breakthrough in using natural energies.
The university has developed a new computer-aided power generation system using solar energy through the joint efforts of researchers of its electronics and automation, physics, life science and material science faculties.
It built a modern production process of high-efficiency PV panels and other solar products, thus laying foundations for their industrial production.
The applied technology meets the advanced world standards.
The new system is designed to monitor luminous intensity and recharging and discharging and adjust load by computer, in keeping with the world trend in developing the solar energy technology. The capacity of the new system ranges from 1-5kW (for household use) to 10-30kW (for service facilities and institutions) and 50-500kW (for industrial purpose).
The Jinung PV panel production centre affiliated to the university succeeded in industrializing the production of top-quality and high-performance PV panels based on a 60kW solar power generation system and built a production process of a variety of inverters and rechargable regulators. The examination of its products by sophisticated measuring equipment and the dust-free production environment ensure the technical safety and high productivity.
* " Increased Production Witnessed in Light Industry" (2016-03-05, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/0eHT2]: A brisk movement for developing new products and speeding up the production of equipment is now going on in the machine-building industry of the DPRK.
The Kusong Machine Tool Factory recently developed a CNC spherical processing lathe and the Pyongyang Cermet Tools Development Company launched a drive to produce high-purity hard alloy powder of different grades based on domestic raw materials and various types of high-performance bites and wafers.
The Taean Heavy Machine Complex is speeding up the production of ordered equipment for the construction of power stations, while a signal production success is reported from the Ryongsong Machine Complex and the Pyongyang Electric Cable Factory 326.
The Ministry of Machine-building Industry has taken necessary measures to carry out its first half-yearly plan ahead of schedule.
* "Multi-spindle, Multi-loom Tending Movement in Full Swing" (2016-03-08, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/JvQEU]: A movement of manipulating many spindles and looms is getting mass-based in the sector of textile industry as part of the 70-day campaign to greet the Seventh Congress of the Workers’ Party of Korea with unprecedented labour achievements.
It is a collective innovation movement, which started in the period of the great Chollima upswing under the wise leadership of President Kim Il Sung.
Through the movement, tens of workers at textile mills under the Ministry of Light Industry already fulfilled their national economic plan for the first half of this year and hundreds hit their quotas for the first quarter.
At the Pyongyang Kim Jong Suk Textile Mill, in particular, two workers carried out their daily quota more than 500 percent on the first day of the 70-day campaign and nearly 30 workers carried out their plan for the first half of the year.
Such increased production has been witnessed at the September Textile Mill, Hamhung Woolen Mill, and Kusong, Sakju and Hwangju textile mills.
DPRK has food self-sufficiency rate above 90-95% nearing 100% according to Japanese news source East Asia economy http://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/44155 (base on the Special Report: Crop and Food Security Assessment Mission to the DPRK 2013/2014), way much higher than South Korea and Japan, but there are still food gap of 5-10% depending on different food grains, this food gap problem can't be solved by its own, and this is where DPRK need international aids as the nation is facing sanction and trade embargo which does not allow DPRK to trade for food in exchange.
quoting from NKtoday's article, based on Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Food Propgramme (WFP), in 2013, North Korea's food crops production surpassed South Korea. http://nktoday.tistory.com/400
That 5% deficit comes out to be hundreds of thousands of tons of food needed, from foreign aid to service 5% in a population of 24 million (1.5 million people).
* "Food and Consumer Goods Factories Boost Production" (2016-03-07, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/7qZf3]: A number of achievements have been witnessed at factories under the Pyongyang Municipal Management Bureau of Food and Consumer Goods Industries, thanks to the devoted efforts made by their employees who have turned out in the 70-day campaign.
The Pyongyang Notebook Factory, the Pyongyang Paper Factory and other factories are speeding up the work to produce school things with locally available raw materials.
In Pyongyang, the construction of a rucksack factory progresses apace.
The production of intelligent playthings is on steady increase at the Taedonggang Toy Factory which has recently upgraded its equipment like injectors.
The Moran and Ryongbuk foodstuff factories with dust-free production processes have carried out their daily quotas at over 130 percent, while paying deep attention to putting those processes on an unmanned basis.
The Songyo Ceramic Factory set up a new production process based on gasification and the Pyongyang Vegetable Processing Factory upgraded its equipment to keep production going on a high level.
* "70th Anniversary of Promulgation of Agrarian Reform Law Observed in DPRK" (2016-03-07, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/rezZi]
* "Land Reform Brings Desire of Farmers into Reality" (2016-03-05, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/qAcMD]
* "Production of Farm Machines on Increase" (2016-03-05, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/JdDbu]: Factories and enterprises under the Management Bureau of the Farm Machine Industry in the DPRK have made big successes in turning out farm machines and spare parts with the 70-day campaign as an occasion.
The Haeju Trailing Farm Machine Factory developed 11 kinds of machines like potato harvester, combined plowing machine and spraying machine. And the Hamhung Trailing Farm Machine Factory concentrates all efforts on producing four kinds of farm machines including motor sprayer.
Tractor spare parts factories in Anju, Jongju and other parts of the country have also fulfilled their daily production plan by 10 percent.
Meanwhile, factories and enterprises under the management bureau are pushing forward the work to produce and upgrade 17 kinds of equipment like CNC-based profiler.
* "Seed Corn Processing Factories" (2016-03-08, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/YpPSY]: Last year seed corn processing factories which streamline all procedures ranging from selection to coating have been built in the east and west coastal areas and the central region of the country thanks to the devoted efforts of officials and workers in the agricultural sector.
As a result, another solid material and technical foundations were laid for boosting agricultural production by producing and supplying quality seed corn in keeping with the requirements of the present era of scientific farming. These factories have already fulfilled their yearly plan.
* "Foodstuff Factory Upgraded to Be a Renowned Producer" (2016-03-04, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/tWp8V]: The Kumkhop General Foodstuff Factory for Sportspeople has kickstarted operation after a modernization project.
Its modernization project was launched early last year and completed in less than a year.
During the project, the existing building was enlarged without extending plottage, and now the factory has a total floor space of 28 500 square metres, or more than four times the previous one.
With a rectangular compound surrounded by the factory buildings, the passages are separated by glass walls from the workplaces.
All the production processes are highly intensive and facilities are distributed in a rational manner under a scientific calculation.
The factory has newly been equipped with sophisticated facilities for analysis, sanitary inspection and air purification, remarkably enhancing the levels of absence of germ and dust in the workplaces.
As the upgrading project was under way, production continued on a normal basis and new production lines were set up such as the processes of making bread stuffed with jam, chewing gum and boiled and scorched rice.
To take the waffle production line as an example, the entire process is automated from dough kneading to packaging.
Several processes including those for cake and chewing gum are controlled automatically by the integrated control room.
All the facilities of the bar rice cake production line including those for moulding, cutting and packaging have been replaced with domestically manufactured ones.
In addition, an originally contrived slide transporter has been installed to save a great deal of labour and electricity.
And more than 100 new articles in 19 kinds were developed in the period, with the result that the factory now produces over 460 articles in 29 kinds such as various nutritive breads, confectionery, rice cakes and processed meat.
It has also developed and produced 24 kinds of drinks for sportspeople including those for relieving fatigue, boosting energy and increasing physical strength. French barquette and chocolate pie, the first of their kinds in the country, are now favourites with many.
The factory’s current output has increased 1.5 times as much as previously.
It gives top priority to the improvement of quality of products, and sets it as an entrepreneurial strategy to produce a small quantity but in various kinds.
Photos: Factory [archive.is/vqh1B]; Control room [archive.is/7ShDD]; Fried glutinous rice cake production area [archive.is/KkhfF]; Soju (Korean gin) production area [archive.is/LmWgm]; Chocolate production area [archive.is/ADA44]; Soft drink production area [archive.is/OuVir]; Crust of overcooked rice production area [archive.is/PxAi8]; Biscuit production area [archive.is/3oUwv]; Fermented bread production area [archive.is/5uexT]; Meat processing area [archive.is/wadXW]; Chewing gum production area [archive.is/xcSYD]; Cake production area [archive.is/mtxNl]; Sweet production area [archive.is/AkR0I]; Wafer production area [archive.is/00RqL]; Analysis lab [archive.is/13wrs]; Sample display room [archive.is/Qhwft]
* "Sonhung Foodstuff Factory" (2016-03-05, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/vo64M]: The fruit bread, biscuit, coffee candy, glutinous rice cake and nutrition jelly from Sonhung Foodstuff Factory are very popular among the consumers.
The fruit bread (KPS 3757:2009) is a tasty and highly nutritious food fermented by mixing raisins, jujube, orange and other kinds of fruit, sugar, butter and eggs with wheat flour.
The pine nuts, walnuts, sesames and other materials contained in biscuit (KPS 9817:1998) and the coffee candy (KPS 9574:1998) are good to invigorate and relieve fatigue.
Aronia melanocarpa fruits and cassia in the jelly (KPS 8818:2000) are good for strengthening the cardiovascular system and promoting gastric secretion.
Recently these goods with the Sonhung brand were registered as national ace products.
They are served in several public service amenities.
Photos [archive.is/dzB3B] [archive.is/4VATH] [archive.is/Iqfwq] [archive.is/WhzJN].
* "Protection of Goshawk Active in DPRK" (2016-03-05, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/s03Y2]
* "Tideland reclamation makes headway" (2016-03-05, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/IfAam]: The Honggondo tideland reclamation project progresses apace. It involves linking the sea off Sokhwa-ri of Sonchon County with Ansan-ri of Tongnim County in North Phyongan Province.
The first stage of the project is under way.
Builders of the Tideland Reclamation Complex of North Phyongan Province wound up the construction of primary dam for dyke No. 3 in October last year, opening up prospect for finishing the overall project ahead of schedule.
It took three years to build a several-kilometre-long embankment that links islands.
After its groundbreaking in September 2012, they completed the project for dykes Nos. 1, 2 and 4. And they pressed on with the earth laying for dyke No. 3, which is several kilometres long, in the Sokhwa and Ansan areas, rounding off the primary dam construction. They paved the way for securing thousands of hectares of new land and speeded up the reinforcement for dyke No. 3.
They are determined to complete the project this year.
After carrying out a 100 000-cubic-metre blasting on Taesamgot Islet in the Ansan area to secure stones needed for embankment, they are pushing ahead with the inside rockwork for dykes Nos. 2 and 4 which stretch thousands of metres.
* "The winners returned home" (2016-03-04) [archive.is/gbOf5]: Two groups of Korean students – winners of the 1st National Russian Language Contest held in DPRK – came back to Pyongyang from Russia on March, 4. The contest itself took place in last October, with the support of Russian Embassy. There were three travelling groups overall, which consisted not only of privileged Pyongyang students, but schoolboys and schoolgirls from small provincial cities – Haeju, Phyongsong, Rason.
Each group had it own route. Some managed to visit Vladivostok, some visited Sakhalin Island, some went to Blagoveshensk and Khabarovsk cities. The students had quite a rich agenda – they visited places of interest, practiced Russian language, learned about Russian traditions. All of these activities are common for such trips.
The most essential thing was that the students, according to their own words, had an opportunity to meet their Russian peers, easily communicate with them while walking together in the city streets, performing at the art concerts and even eating Russian donuts. They told Russian Ambassador Mr. Alexander Matsegora this in such a emotional manner that one couldn’t have any doubts of their sincerity.
We hope that Korean children learned that Russia, their closest neighbor, is a reliable friend for all of them. So, the Russian Embassy once again reaffirms it’s intention to conduct such contests (both on National and city levels) in the future.
We would like to express our gratitude to our friends and partners in Russia and DPRK who greatly contributed to the organization and carrying out of these tours for the Korean children.
* "Talks between Delegations of DPRK Ministry of People’s Security and Lao Ministry of Public Security Held" (2016-03-05, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/dTix3]
* "Delegation of DPRK Ministry of People's Security Meets General Secretary of C.C., LPRP" (2016-03-07, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/Moxhw]: A delegation of the Ministry of People's Security of the DPRK led by Minister Choe Pu Il on a visit to Laos Friday met and had a talk with Bounnhang Vorachith, general secretary of the Central Committee of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party (LPRP).
The general secretary said that supreme leader Kim Jong Un is invariably carrying forward the traditional relations of friendship between the two countries forged by the preceding leaders of the two countries.
The Lao people are rejoiced over the successes made by the Korean people in bolstering the national power and developing socio-economy, he said.
He extended full support to the just cause of the Korean people on behalf of the Lao party and state and hoped that the friendly and cooperative relations between the two countries would develop forever.
He wished Kim Jong Un good health and great success in the work to lead the DPRK to socialism.
* "DPRK Is Full-fledged Space Power: Iranian Newspaper" (2016-03-08, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/krFcy]: The Iranian newspaper Iran News on Feb. 29 carried an article titled "DPRK is full-fledged space power" illustrated with a photo dealing with the launch of the earth observation satellite Kwangmyongsong-4.
The successful launch of Kwangmyongsong-4 attracted the attention of the world media and stirred up the international community in an instant, the article said, adding:
Many countries have launched satellites, but the satellite launch of the DPRK becomes topic in the world. What is its reason?
Firstly, the satellite launch of the DPRK conducted under the worst condition is the reality hard to understand.
The satellite launch is an independent and legitimate right of a sovereign state.
However, the U.S. and its followers are making desperate efforts to deprive the DPRK of its well-deserved right to satellite launch, bereft of reason.
Under such situation, the DPRK launched the satellite again.
Secondly, the DPRK is developing the space in rapid speed.
The DPRK successfully launched the earth observation satellites in the wake of the two satellite launch tests.
Thirdly, the DPRK is a space power both in name and in reality.
There are a few countries launching satellites and having their own satellites in the world, but few countries are putting satellites on their orbit by use of their own launching ramps and carrier rockets.
But, the DPRK did all entirely relying on its own things, technology and efforts.
The DPRK is the full-fledged space power.
Use the Red Star OS 3 computer operating system! Unaltered copies of Red Star 2 and 3 are available at [https://mczserver.com/RedStar] (download links live as of 2016-03-04) .
Although formatted for use within the DPRK Intranet (Kwangmyong), it is impossible to access it from outside the DPRK. Note that when you launch Naenara, the Red Star OS attempts to load a 10.x.x.x IP address for the DPRK Intranet.
The DPRK uses Red Star Server 3 to host it's Intranet (Kwangmyong), while the Red Star OS is used for family homes. Windows 7 is used in education, business, and government (alongside the Red Star OS and Mac OS X).
(Thanks to Zach N. for the video, links and explanation!)
* (2016-03-07) [archive.is/AafQa]: Detained DPRK citizen Kim Ryon-Hui entered Vietnamese embassy in South Korea, seeking extradition to DPRK.
* "Kim Jong Un - the Day Today: Leadership for the People" (2016-01-26, KCTV) part 2 [www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwisRc_LbM]
* "Leader’s visit to truce village speaks for itself" (2016-03-05, naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/SQaxE]: The news sent shock waves across the world.
At the time the situation on the Korean peninsula was extremely tense due to the Key Resolve and Foal Eagle large-scale joint military exercises the US and south Korea were staging against the DPRK.
So it could not be seen as usual for the leader of a country to tour a frontline post where the warring parties were confronting each other.
During the long hours of inspection he acquainted himself with the enemy situation in detail, looking southwards through field-glasses on the balcony of the Panmun House in the daytime, his manner exuding composure, determination and courage.
His visit hit the world headlines, attracting growing interest of the international community.
The south Korean media carried comments of political pundits on the inspection.
Among them was the following statement:
“What is the meaning of supreme leader Kim Jong Un’s inspection of Panmunjom?
“First, it is a manifestation of his firm determination and will to fight and beat those who try to infringe upon the dignity and sovereignty of the DPRK without the slightest compromise or concession.
“Panmunjom is a symbol of the history of the DPRK-US confrontation.
“Kim Jong Un visited that place and gave a pair of binoculars, an automatic rifle and a machine gun to the frontline soldiers as gifts. Through the inspection, he declared to the world his firm resolve never to tolerate any military provocation by the hostile forces.
“Second, it is a demonstration of his iron will to reunify the country without fail.
“Panmunjom is associated with pains taken by the north Korean leaders for national reunification and their exploits.
“Kim Jong Un called on Panmunjom with the will to reunify the country at any cost true to the lifetime wish of President Kim Il Sung and Chairman Kim Jong Il.
“As to his tour, everyone says in admiration that he is a man of unusual nerve and grit.”
A few months later, when the US and south Korea were about to stage the Ulji Freedom Guardian joint military exercises, he got on a small wooden boat to inspect island defending units within earshot of Yonphyong Island, an enemy base.
His expression reflected his determination to build a reunified country when he ordered that if the enemy dropped even a spark in our territory as they made a clumsy fire, the Korean People’s Army should lead this to a sacred war for national reunification, instead of confining it to a local war in the southwestern front.
Thanks to his matchless courage and mettle, the DPRK has become a nuclear power no one dares to challenge.
A foreigner who was studying Korean affairs for several years described his mode of activities as “reducing the enemy’s tough measures to naught”, compared with President Kim Il Sung’s “hard line for hard line” and Chairman Kim Jong Il’s “tougher line for hard line”.
* "Kim Jong Un Guides Test-fire of New Multiple Launch Rocket System" (2016-03-04, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/d91aT]: The U.S. imperialists and their followers' flagrant moves for political and economic pressure and military aggression on the DPRK have gone to a grave phase that can no longer be overlooked. They committed a ferocious hostility of illegalizing the DPRK's independent rights as a sovereign state by adopting an unprecedented and gangster-like, new "resolution of sanctions" over its bolstering of self-defensive nuclear deterrent and legitimate launch of earth observation satellite Kwangmyongsong-4.
All the people in the DPRK are now waiting for an order of combat to annihilate the enemy with their surging wrath at the U.S. imperialists and south Korea's Park Geun Hye group of traitors.
Under such situation, there took place a test-fire for estimating the might of controlled ordnance rocket warhead for large-caliber multiple launch rocket system of new type to be deployed in the reserve artillery units of the Korean People's Army.
Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, guided the test-fire on the spot.
At an observation post he learnt in detail about the planned test-fire of new-type large-caliber multiple launch rocket system and the tactical and technological specifications of controlled ordnance rocket and gave an order on starting the test-fire.
The test-fire in various ways showed that the ordnance rocket warhead, made in combination with high-energy material, has amazing destructivity and killing power.
Kim Jong Un was very satisfied to see controlled ordnance rocket hitting accurately and destroying to pieces the strongly-built simulated enemy personnel, tank, artillery and vehicle shelters.
He said the development of Juche weapon representing the era of the dignified Workers' Party is a proud result from the undying feats of President Kim Il Sung and leader Kim Jong Il, who had dedicated their mental and physical efforts to the strengthening of the Juche-based defence capability, and from the Party's policy of attaching importance to the defence science and technology. At the same time, it eloquently shows the tremendous potentials of the DPRK's self-supporting defence industry, he added.
The serial production of Korean-style large-caliber multiple launch rocket system of new type helps further strengthen the striking power of the Korean People's Army qualitatively, he said with satisfaction.
The situation has reached a very dangerous phase that can no longer be neglected as the enemies are intent on such last-ditch attempt as "beheading operation" and "collapse of social system" while working hard to violate the dignity and sovereignty of the DPRK and its right to existence, he said, adding: Now is the time for us to convert our mode of military counteraction toward the enemies into a preemptive attack one in every aspect.
It is a very foolish act for Park Geun Hye to cry out for "preemptive attack" while recklessly beefing up the armed forces in league with the U.S. scoundrels, but her hysteria will precipitate only her ruin in the long run, he noted.
He said that the DPRK would see what sophism the enemies, seeking to deprive it of the independent right to use space for peaceful purposes, would spout to mislead public opinion over the test-fire of its new weapons system held today, with their large-scale joint military exercises against it ahead.
He stressed that the national defence sector should deploy at an early date new-type large-caliber multiple launch rocket system and other recently-developed strike weapons in the operation areas of the Supreme Command so as not to allow the enemies to sleep in peace till the moment they meet their final end in their land.
The only way for defending the sovereignty of our nation and its right to existence under the present extreme situation is to bolster up nuclear force both in quality and quantity and keep balance of forces, he said, stressing the need to get the nuclear warheads deployed for national defence always on standby so as to be fired any moment.
He expressed belief that the officials, scientists and technicians engaged in the defence science would steadily develop new-type ultra-modern strike arms and equipment, make fresh leaping progress in the strengthening of military capability this year greeting the Seventh Congress of the WPK and thus consolidate the country's defence capability as firm as a rock.
He was accompanied by Choe Ryong Hae, secretary of the C.C., WPK, Hong Yong Chil and Kim Jong Sik, vice department directors of the C.C., WPK, and Army Colonel General Yun Tong Hyon, vice-minister of the People's Armed Forces.
* "DPRK National Defence Commission Warns of Military Counter-action for Preemptive Attack" (2016-03-08, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/dpZIX]
* "Crucial Statement of KPA Supreme Command Distributed as Official Document of UNSC" (2016-03-08, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/APwji]: The crucial statement issued by the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army was distributed as UN Security Council's official document A/70/760-S/2016/179 on March 3.
* "Preemptive Attack Is Not Monopoly of U.S." (2016-03-08, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/7ELsY]
* "DPRK Will Bury U.S., Empire of Evils" (2016-03-08, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/o8sYK]
* "Kim Jong Un Inspects Nuclear Warhead Miniaturized" (2016-03-09, KCTV) [www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xpm7Uze-c]
* "Kim Jong Un Guides Work for Mounting Nuclear Warheads on Ballistic Rockets" (2016-03-09, KCNA Newswire) [archive.is/pxJgI]: Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, met the scientists and technicians in the field of researches into nuclear weapons and guided the work for boosting the nuclear arsenal.
He learned in detail about the signal successes made by the nuclear scientists and technicians in the field of national defence science in the work for increasing the nuclear arsenal true to the party's line of founding the Juche-oriented nuclear force.
He listened with great attention to the briefing on the research conducted to tip various type tactical and strategic ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads and acquainted himself with the specifications and mechanism of the miniaturized powerful nuclear warheads with a Korean-style structure of mixed charge.
Praising the nuclear scientists and technicians, trustworthy "nuclear combatants" of the party, for having made a signal success in the national defence scientific researches to significantly bolster up the nation's defence capability and self-defensive deterrent true to the party's line of simultaneously developing the two fronts, he noted it is very gratifying to see the nuclear warheads with the structure of mixed charge adequate for prompt thermo-nuclear reaction. The nuclear warheads have been standardized to be fit for ballistic missiles by miniaturizing them, he noted, adding this can be called true nuclear deterrent.
He noted with great satisfaction that Koreans can do anything if they have a will.
Being a proud nuclear weapons state at present, we have a firm guarantee for making a breakthrough in the drive for economic construction and improving the people's standard of living on the basis of the powerful nuclear deterrent, he stressed.
He said that the WPK's line of simultaneously developing the two fronts is not a temporary counter-action for coping with the rapidly changing situation but a strategic line to be permanently held fast to as long as the imperialists' nuclear threat and arbitrary practices persist.
He called on the nuclear scientists, the frontline combatants responsible for the country's nuclear deterrent, to creditably perform their honorable mission and duty on behalf of the party, the country and the revolution on the first battle line for decisively foiling with a nuclear treasured sword the enemies' daily escalating reckless moves to stifle the DPRK and glorifying the country as the matchless nuclear power which no force on earth dares to provoke.
Noting that our nuclear force's main mission is to deter a nuclear war, he added that the stronger our nuclear strike capability gets, the more powerful our deterrent to aggression and nuclear war grows and it is the most just and reliable way of preventing the country from a nuclear war disaster to firmly bolster up the nuclear force both in quality and quantity.
The right to make a preemptive nuclear strike is by no means a monopoly of the U.S., he said, declaring that if the U.S. imperialists infringe upon the DPRK's sovereignty and right to existence with nuclear weapons, the latter will never hesitate to make a preemptive nuclear strike at them.
He expressed great expectation and belief that scientists and technicians in the field of researches into nuclear weapons would develop and produce more Korean-style various type nuclear weapons of Juche to completely contain the enemies with nuclear force and thus provide a firmer guarantee for the eternal future of Kim Il Sung's nation and Kim Jong Il's Korea.
He was accompanied by KPA General Kim Rak Gyom, commander of the Strategic Force, Hong Yong Chil and Kim Yo Jong, vice-department directors of the Central Committee of the WPK. [end article]
* "Korean-style various type nuclear weapons of Juche" -
100% domestic materials, including rare-earth minerals mixed with various types of metal available in the northeastern mountain range, crafted into uniquely designed mini-nukes which can then be attached to a refined radioactive element for a mini- "hydrogen bomb" able to fit on a smaller missile...
The USA and allies would receive a storm of mini-nukes raining down, each powerful enough to wipe out an aircraft carrier or a whole frontline of tanks. Not a pleasing thought. Only a fool would damn Korea to war over the mineral resources in the northern mountain ranges. Whether the monopolists like it or not, the DPRK has ensured that there's no room for USA-style invasions anymore, no more Libyas, no more Iraqs, no more Vietnams or Cambodias. No more millions dead by USA adventures as "World's Policeman". Thank Juche!
* "Kim Jong Il's Feats Lauded by Syrian Media" (2016-03-05, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/fLzR2]: Syrian media observed the birth anniversary of leader Kim Jong Il in their special write-ups.
SANA posted on its website an article illustrated with his photo. The article said that he was an extraordinary thinker and theoretician and great man who formulated the revolutionary idea of President Kim Il Sung into the integral system of ideology, theory and method of Juche, developed socialism centered on the popular masses and built powerful revolutionary armed forces.
The TV Channel introduced in detail his exploits with footage documenting his revolutionary activities.
It also screened a video dealing with the achievements made by the service personnel and people of the DPRK in socialist construction under the wise guidance of the peerlessly great man and the might of the Korean People's Army.
The central radio aired a special program on his revolutionary career and feats.
The newspapers Al Nour and Al Baath carried articles introducing his ideological and theoretical exploits and Songun leadership feats.
The newspaper Al Thawrah carried an article titled "Korean people celebrate 74th birth anniversary of HE Kim Jong Il, his life dedicated to justice and prosperity of country."
* "Hostile Moves against DPRK Denounced by Chief of Korean Organization in Russia" (2016-03-04, rodong.rep.kp) [archive.is/WzfMJ]
* "Report: China to block North Korea ships from returning home" (2016-03-08, UPI Newswire) [archive.is/sZS2d]
* "China orders "blacklist" of 31 North Korean vessels — document" (2016-03-04, Reuters Newswire) [archive.is/ZtRDo] [begin excerpt]: Chinese maritime authorities must "blacklist" 31 boats operated by a North Korean firm that came under U.N. Security Council sanctions this week, according to a Ministry of Transport document reviewed by Reuters - a signal that China is enforcing tough new curbs aimed at Pyongyang's banned nuclear program.
The notice, dated March 3, says maritime safety agencies must "urgently" determine whether 31 vessels belonging to Ocean Maritime Management Co (OMM) are in Chinese harbours or waters, and notify the ministry.
The Philippines Coast Guard has banned one of the 31 OMM vessels, the 6,830 deadweight tonne (dwt) Jin Teng general cargo ship, from leaving port until safety deficiencies are put right, officials said on Friday.
Authorities this week also restricted how many vehicles could cross into North Korea each day via a bridge to the coastal Chinese city of Dandong, from 300-400 earlier to about 100, shopkeepers there said - a sign that sanctions are having some early impact.
The U.N. latest sanctions also ban North Korean exports of coal and iron ore other than for "livelihood purposes" and if proceeds do not go to fund the North's weapons programmes - wording that leaves room for interpretation and continued trade.
North Korea was one of China's top sources for imported coal last year.
* "Philippines impounds N. Korean ship under UN sanctions" (2016-03-05, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/VjdAC] [begin excerpt]: On Friday, the European Union also tightened sanctions against North Korea by adding 16 people and 12 entities to a list of some 60 individuals and groups who were hit with travel bans and asset freezes. [end excerpt]
* (2016-03-08, Yi Quan, DPRK Study Group):
Why the so called "toughest ever sanction" on DPRK will not have effect on neither DPRK's nuclear program nor economic development.
First of all, DPRK is a small country with only 24 million people, However DPRK has 4th largest army in the world after China, USA and India. This is because the country is still technically at war, and the opponenet is USA, the worlds's strongest military.
DPRK has been living under constant military threat for the past 70 years. Due to economy sanction and trade embargo, DPRK couldn't spend much resources and effort on developing and upgrading their conventional weapons, so they had no choice but to make up for quality with quantity. As the result, it just made their army gets bigger and bigger till it became ridiculously disproportion to its population.
Although under military pressure from US, the situation was still alright during cold war before Soviet Union collapsed, as the security was still guaranteed to a certain extend due to cold war between SU and USA, but the situation changed drastically after Soviet collapsed and the country turned into a mess. A new born Russia federation was struggling with domestic issue and couldn't care much about foreign affairs. It made DPRK an isolated nation considering China was having "honeymoon" period with USA as both countries were de facto allies against Soviet Union during that time. And because of tremendous threat and pressure from outside, DPRK came up with a policy known as "military first", it means military has to be the priority before everything in DPRK. This policy, although criticized by many for causing famine, worked on deterring a second Korean war from taking place during the post cold war period.
But the famine has greatly damaged the country and the image of the Socialist system. Kim Jong IL, the leader at that time, felt military first policy is not a sustainable policy, the country had to find a new way for the national security. Which is when they decided to become a nuclear state.
The motive of DPRK developing nuclear weapon is for defensive purpose, it is much more efficient and effective way for deterring the enemy from starting the second Koran war taking the collapse of Soviet Union ad golden opportunity.
After the third nuclear tests, the current leader Kim Jong Un has decided to shrink the size of the army, and replace Songun "military first" with Byungjin "dual-track" policy, which means developing nuclear deterrence and economy in the same time:
The nuclear deterrence does not require a large army, and economic development needs huge number of people working on building infrastructures and producing goods.
the sanction didn't work in the 90s, when the entire country was preparing for war totally neglecting economy, no reason it will work today as the country does not need a large army for its security.
Therefore, the so called "toughest ever sanction" will not have much impact on DPRK's economy development, the most it will affect is the DPRK's foreign trade, but it failed to realize that DPRK's economy is very isolated and unlike SK and Japan which is heavily depended on foreign trade, DPRK's economy is least connected and affected by foreign trade in the world. And it's not like DPRK was not sanctioned before the latest resolution 2270, the country has been living sanction for the past 70 years.
And resources are not something can be manufactured and produced. as long as there is demand, the supply cannot be stopped.
Just look back the past 70 years history, US didn't change its hostile policy against DPRK and still refuse to sign peace treaty to end the war, funny that US says the current situation is caused by DPRK. What were US doing when DPRK didn't have nuclear weapon? Also, look at the history, just few year back. In 2007, DPRK agreed to terminate the nuclear development after Six party talks and destroyed the Yongbyon nuclear facility in 2008. After DPRK did what it promised, see what happened, USA refused to sign peace treaty to replace armistice agreement, and the war game continues, provocation in NLL that caused Yeonpyong island incident and sinking of Cheon'an which had nothing to do with DPRK.
The conclusion is, the sanction is useless to already sanctioned to teeth nation. if China really stop all trading with DPRK, at most the outcome you would see is you may no longer see Coca cola, soaps, towels, fridges, TVs and many consumer products made in China in DPRK, but all those things can be produced by DPRK, all they have to do is to apply the same way they made nuclear weapon and satellites out and and make domestic consumer products. with nuclear deterrence, DPRK doesn't have to keep large army anymore.
(2016-03-09, Yi Quan to DPRK Study Group):
Another "executed" KPA officer, the army chief Ri Yong gil is back alive.
Seriously, i don't remember how many times South Korea spy agency announced someone was executed and then back alive after sometime.
If you check the wikipedia now, Ri yong gil is still dead [archive.is/Ir5w0].
Headline [archive.is/MTHa2]: "Dun Ri Yong-gil was purged, demoted one rank after the KPA return" [begin excerpt]: Before Choe Ryong-hae is also party secretary took two weeks longer faces a public thing through video, but returned to two months after receiving a revolutionary educational farm in the province last November. [end excerpt]
Towards a People's Republic of the Philippines
* "NPA-NEMR launches coordinated and synchronized tactical offensives on the 30th anniversary of EDSA" (2016-02-28, via signalfire.org) [archive.is/Jpltf]:
Since the massacre of September 1, 2015 at Han-ayan Lianga, Surigao del Sur until present, the AFP has launched continuous, intensifying and widespread attacks in NEMR against the revolutionary movement and the people. Several activists, leaders and civilians were killed, houses and schools burned, hundreds of thousands forcibly evacuated and other human rights violations inflicted.
The AFP has mobilized a huge number of forces including 8 AFP battalions and 2 PNP maneuver battalions, along with CAFGU and paramilitary groups such as the Magahat and many others. Psywar operations under the guise of COPD and other forms of harassment and threat are widespread.
Thus, the NPA-NEMR has launched a coordinated and synchronized attacks today, February 25, against AFP, PNP and CAFGU camps and against AFP operating troops in the countryside.
Based on initial reports from the various commands of NPA units in the entire region, the following incidents of attack as of today against military targets are:
- Army-Cafgu detachment in San Pedro, Lianga, Surigao del Sur – 1:19 AM
- Army- Cafgu detachment in Panaytay, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur – 5:00 AM
26th IB troops conducting combat operations and COPD in Imelda, Bunawan, Agusan del Sur – 5:00AM
- Army-SCAA detachment in JCA Compound, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur – 5:30AM
- Army-SCAA detachment in JCA Compound, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur – 6:00AM
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Ugoban, Tagbina, Surigao del Sur – 6:19AM
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Sityo Kusip, Bayugan 3, Rosario, Agusan del Sur – 6:44 AM
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Brgy. Tagasaka, Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Villa Undayon, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Mt Carmel, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Bunyasan, Malimono, Surigao del Norte – 12:00 midnight
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Tagbayani, Sison, Surigao del Norte – 12:05 AM
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Cabongbongan, Surigao City, Surigao del Norte – 12:06 AM
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Mayag, Mainit, Surigao del Norte – 12:10 AM
- Alpha Company 29th IB headquarters in Bangonay, Jabonga, Agusan del Norte, 4:07 AM
- Alpha coy 29th IB outpost in Bangonay, Jabonga, Agusan del Norte
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Bunyasan, Malimono, Surigao del Norte – 10:00 AM
- Army-Cafgu detachment in Tagbayani, Sison, Surigao del Norte – 5:00 AM
- The illegal sawmill in Bangonay, Jabonga, Agusan del Norte owned by a policeman named Perang was destroyed as a Punitive action for violating the revolutionary government’s environmental policies – 4:30AM
More details on the results of the tactical offensives and other related developments will be released.
These synchronized NPA attacks are launched underscoring its significance during the EDSA I celebrations because while the US-Aquino III regimes boasts of its ‘peaceful revolution’, it is currently waging its brutal military attacks in the countryside. These NPA tactical offensives show that armed revolution is imperative, because the so-called ‘peaceful people power revolution’ of EDSA was not able to provide for genuine solutions to the basic problems of the Filipino people. Thirty years after EDSA, the big bourgeois comprador, big landlords, their US imperialist master and the political dynasties are still in power and monopolizing the nation’s economy. Thus, the national democratic revolution remains to be the only solution.