Hosted by Dr.G., Minister of Information of the Northbay MDS. Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or on a Smart Phone [link], Desktop U-stream [link], Live Mp3 (.pls) stream [link], Netbook [link].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayMDS@) gmail.com]! Northbay Uprising News scripts [link]. Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.today) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments.
Stories are reviewed and provided by Northbay MDS Committees and Affiliates
* "Project Censored 2015: Ten news items the Media Ignored" (2015-11-25, cascadiaweekly.com) [archive.is/2ZJTF]
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* "March for Richard Perkins — Man Slain by Oakland Police" (2015-11-22, by Davey D) [archive.is/3N2Q9]
* "Drop the charges against the Black Friday 14!" (2015-11-10, Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/dWmXb]
* "Labor and BLM Demand: 'Drop the Charges Against the Back Friday 14!' " (2015-11-17, by Jonathan Nack , via Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/GHMFV]
* "Fuck The Police cop car smashdown at “LA to the Bay” sideshow in East Oakland" (2015-11-23) [archive.org/details/OaklandFTPSideshow]: Video from East Oakland “LA to the Bay” sideshow before dawn on Sunday, November 15th. About 700 cars showed up. An OPD patrol car was smashed good on East 14th near 97th Avenue. Fuck the Police! Later that same day, responding to another sideshow just after dark at about 5:30pm, Oakland police were in the process of impounding several motorcycles when they killed Richard Perkins near 90th and Bancroft Avenues in East Oakland.See the full #LA2theBay video by 650youngd.
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY: Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
* (2015-11-27, Diamond Dave, Pirate Radio DJ of San Francisco): Here I be Green Belt outside Washington DC, in the morning of Thanksgiving day with The Lakota Rainbow Alliance. We are in
front if the White house Drumin Dancin Singin and sayin Free Leonard Peltier!
* "From Jackson to Paris to Fight Climate Change" (2015-11-11, jacksonfreepress.com) [archive.is/5EtMH]. Photo caption: Sacajawea Hall, Brandon King, Elijah Williams, Kali Akuno and Fa’Seye Aina Gonzalez (left to right) are five members of a delegation Cooperation Jackson is sending to Paris for the upcoming COP21 Climate Conference.
* "Help Preserve Marxist History" [www.gofundme.com/74a59ugc], a fundraiser to preserve the statue of Vladimir Lenin in Washington State.
* video (2015-11-20) [http://is.gd/minVbF]: Today a bunch of 'patriots' (nationalists) held a rally at the Capitol in Olympia in opposition to refugees coming to our country, Washington specifically. We showed up and told them that the refugees are welcome in our city but racists are not. Fascism is growing in front of us and if we're gonna stop it it will be in the streets. No pasaran!
* "Anti- and pro-refugee demonstrators clash in Olympia" (2015-11-20, seattletimes.com) [http://is.gd/Cbr9aY], photo caption: Tyra Lindquist second from right brought flowers symbolizing support and openness during the Act for America, Olympia Chapter protest on the north steps of the Capitol Building Friday 11/20/15. The group, which protested against allowing Syrian refugees into Washington State, decided to protest after after the ISIL terrorist attacks in Paris. Rick Baxter left, of Puyallup and Lew Hurt of Tacoma argue with Lindquist and Irene Hinkle, right of Olympia.
Also, around the USA, other White American Nationalist vanguards are protesting against the arrival of refugees escaping from the USA-backed ISIS death squads in the Arab Republic of Syria...
* "Refugees: Hundreds rally in support and at counter-protest at Idaho Statehouse; Tensions ran high between the refugee supporters and counter-protesters, the protest ended without incident" (2015-11-21, idahostatesman.com) [archive.is/hrjtn]
* "Armed protesters stalk peaceful Muslims at Texas mosque: We want to show force" (2015-11-21, rawstory.com) [archive.is/F1YR2], photo caption: An armed protester follows a lady walking to the Islamic Center of Irving, Texas
* "Olympia rally draws defiant gun owners to protest new edict" (2014-12-14, by David Codrea, Gun Rights Examiner) [archive.is/sGwjS] [begin excerpt]:
Photo caption: Mike Vanderboegh delivers speech at "I Will Not Comply" rally in Olympia. Video [https://youtu.be/HxFFovYZ3t0].
A crowd of gun rights activists, many armed, estimated at 1,000 by the Washington State Patrol and at up to 3,000 per a photo gallery caption accompanying The Seattle Times’ report, gathered at the State Capitol in Olympia Saturday to collectively declare “I will not comply” with the recently passed Initiative 594. The “background check” ballot measure was developed by Everytown’s Michael Bloomberg and financed in large part by a cadre of the ex-mayor and fellow billionaires, including Microsoft’s Bill Gates. The rally was put on “illegally” by organizer, Washington State activist and congressional candidate Gavin Seim and colleagues, who refused to apply for a required permit for the event, citing instead the right of people to peaceably assemble on their own authority. [...]
At the end of the rally, organizer Seim and others burned their concealed carry permits, noting rights are not bestowed by government officials and thus do not require their permission. In spite of uncounted acts of civil disobedience and a crowd armed with long guns and side arms, rally attendees, while exuberant and defiant, remained peaceful.
Speakers included organizer Seim, Sheriff Richard Mack, firearms trainer, gunsmith and activist Cope Reynolds, State Representative Elizabeth Scott, and others, including citizen journalist and “Three Percent” movement founder Mike Vanderboegh. Ammon Bundy, son of the rancher at the heart of an ongoing dispute with the federal government that resulted in a standoff earlier this year, was scheduled to speak but was unable to attend.
Vanderboegh posted the original draft of his speech Sunday morning at his Sipsey Street Irregulars blog [archive.is/qLOQT], noting it does not include a preamble he incorporated into his talk. [end excerpt] Also see [archive.is/wvhDM] [archive.is/ltdn8] [archive.is/UEKas].
* (An attendee writes): The WSP estimated the crowd at 1800. I estimated it at 2000. In any case it was, locals said, one of the largest gun rights actions in Olympia and Washington state EVER.
* Photo (2015-12-14): Olympia Rally
* "Gun crowd vows to defy background check law, hears calls for confrontation" (2014-12-14, sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com) [archive.is/ZQhKP]
* "Gun-rights activists rally in Olympia to protest new law" (2014-12-13, nwcn.com) [archive.is/eBNbg]
* " 'I will not comply' Protest Against the Unconstitutional Oregon SB 941" (2015-06-01) [youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Mol14_Yd48rrxMOEMPfHrxle8Jq5m0A]: This playlist is a set of speeches given at the "I will not comply!" protests against Oregon Senate Bill 941 requiring unconstitutional background checks on private gun sales.
* " ‘They left him dead’: Protests erupt after video shows cop shooting black teen 16 times" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/liqME]
LUCHA PARA LA NUEVA AZTLAN!
Brown Berets Anonymous Unit!
We all should be there if we have the chance, shoulder to shoulder with our allies. Our concern is the instability of our homeland. We have insane people playing with national and global security matters. Time can be an ally or an enemy. What it becomes depends entirely upon you, your goals, and your determination to use every available minute...
#ThinkPositive, Stay Alert, fully Aware and Attentive; Wide-Awake, conscious.
Brown Berets de SacrAztlan, Watsonville Brown Berets, Fresno Brown Berets, & Chico Brown Berets standing in solidarity at the 36 annual Women Take Back the Night, Sacramento. 4 Chapters, 1 cause #EndTheViolenceNow
SOLIDARITY WITH THE NEW AFRICAN NATION!
Black Power! Revive the Community! Defend the Nation!
* "This Ain’t Your Grandfather’s Civil Rights Movement: Black Liberation Movement" (2015-11-11, by Glen Ford, blackagendareport.com) [archive.is/1dXzT]
Dr. King led us into a Hornet's nest with his Integration.
* "Self Determination: What It Is, What It Isn't" (2015-11-10, blackagendareport.com) [archive.is/JkPld] [begin excerpt]: Malcolm X’s call for Black self-determination remains widely misunderstood in the United States, including among Black activists. Some even hold that Barack Obama’s election was an expression of Black self-determination. But self-determination is about people’s power, not voter turnout in an electoral system controlled by rich white rulers. It's about taking power “by any means necessary.”
Mass resistance against police brutality in the US resurfaced after 18-year-old Michael Brown was murdered by the police in August of 2014. The sights of tanks and militarized police forces in response to the subsequent rebellions in Ferguson and St. Louis only blew air on the flames of injustice that were ignited when Michael Brown's killer, officer Darren Wilson, was not indicted by the US judicial system. Since then, hundreds of Black Americans have been killed at the hands of the police. All of them have received the same racist treatment from the US imperial state as Michael Brown did.
The ever-increasing numbers of Black Americans murdered and beaten by the police are symptoms of US imperialism's white supremacist disease. The disease of white supremacy plagues US society like a virus plagues the body. White power spreads from the global reach of the capitalist class, whose material interests are served by the disease’s total impact. This explains why Black Americans are murdered daily by the police and at the same time comprise of over half of the nation's 2.3 million prisoners. White supremacy keeps Black America and all oppressed nations within the US dispossessed of the means to meet basic human needs. It serves capitalism by not only dividing oppressed people from each other, but also by creating a population of "white" people willing to maintain the system's rule.
During the Black Liberation Movement of the 60's and 70's, organizations such as the Black Panther Party drew inspiration from the international struggle against imperialism to guide their own struggle with the forces of white supremacy and capitalism in the US. The movement relied on an analysis of self-determination forwarded most prominently by Malcolm X. In the year before his assassination, Malcolm had hoped to take the issue of Black self-determination to the United Nations. The Black liberation movement emulated Malcolm’s recognition of self-determination as the common thread linking the struggle against imperialism in nations such as Vietnam, Cuba, and Algeria to the Black struggle against the US state. The explosion of national liberation movements from the 50's-70's throughout Asia, Latin America, and Africa made clear that the same guns, courts, and police forces used to repress Black people were the same ones destroying nations abroad. [end excerpt]
Malcom's Last Written Words: "After the Emancipation Proclamation, when the system of slavery changed from chattel slavery to wage slavery, it was realized that the Afro-American constituted the largest homogeneous ethnic group with a common origin and common group experience in the United States and, if allowed to exercise economic or political freedom, would in a short period of time own this country. Therefore racists in this government developed techniques that would keep the Afro-American people economically dependent upon the slave masters -- economically slaves -- twentieth-century slaves."
Read more of the Program of the Organization of Afro-American Unity (1965) [archive.is/H9cw4]
* (2015-11-26, Ali Ref, Black Riders Liberation Party), referring to [archive.is/0FS50]: RIP MY BLOCK BROTHER BALL, THE 1ST MAN THAT REALLY PUT ME ON GAME WIT TURF POLITICS, 1ST NIGGA IVE EVER SEEN DISPLAY BLACK MILITANCY IN ACTION! MY NIGGA USEDA STAY HAVIN ARMED STAND OFFS WIT DA PIGS, WHERE DEY WOULD WITHDRAW THEY FORCES FROM THE HOOD TRUE STORY! HE A MAJOR IMPACT ON MY ASPIRATION TO BE A REVOLUTIONARY! 2 YRS AGO TODAY HE DIED RIGHT AFTER HE CAME HOME FROM PRISON, AND ITS NO DOUBT ABOUT IN MY MIND, THAT HE WAS ASSASSINATED BY THE US GOVT AND/OR THEIR COLLABORATOR. OPD OWED HIM RACKS FOR LAWSUITS OF UNWARRANTED SEARCHES. HE WAS A REBELLIOUS WARRIOR BORN ON THE DAY OF NAT TURNER & GEORGE JACKSON INSURRECTION THAT HAD INFLUENCE IN THE HOD AND TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE. SO THEY HAD TO GET RID OF HIM BUT HIS REVOLUTIONARY SPIRIT WILL LIVE THROUGH ME AND IMA KEEP IT LIT ETERNALLY
SFPD take aim at man, shoot at him.
* (2015-12-02) video [archive.org/details/SFPDKillDisorientedMan20151203], originally posted at [archive.is/RzSsO]:
[comment]: Man, I don't give a f*ck what y'all talkin' about, "knife vs gun". Think about this... It's war on us, just like the Black Panthers said... some of y'all ain't getting the point... We is on the battle field, the police is the terrorist, and they willing to kill! We gotta be ready. My folkz told me this was going to happen a loooong time ago... They tryna wipe us out. Its' called "Operation Depopulation". They trigger happy, it's real.
[comment]: No one is saying his arrest wouldn't have been justified. We are saying his death wasn't justified! By all means let a judge sentence him to whatever sentence, not the officer sentencing him to death. There is a difference.
[comment]: How is the article saying he walked towards the officer when CLEARLY the officer steps in front of him as he stumbling. F*CK OUTTA HERE! They said they shot him with a pellet. Did they only have ONE pellet to shoot? these cops really killing people and getting away with it. Free. [comment]: The cat that shot up the planned parenthood: Captured alive. As well with the church shooting: Captured alive. You gotta open your eyes. And police claim self defense? He's stumbling... he's not running towards the cop or making any type of hostile maneuvers. He just got hit with a pellet, so he's disoriented.
* "Bombshell: Alabama cops systematically framed blacks by planting drugs and guns for decades" (2015-12-01, rawstory.com) [archive.is/J0Qbi]
* "Leaked Documents Reveal Dothan Police Department Planted Drugs on Young Black Men For Years, District Attorney Doug Valeska Complicit" (2015-12-01, henrycountyreport.com) [archive.is/x5YT0], photo of police officers, caption: Pictured in the image above, Carlton Ott, Clark Rice, Steve Hamm, Steve Parrish, David Jay, Michael Magrino, Dewayne Herring, Andy Hughes, Gary Coleman, and Scott Smith
* "Do Black lives matter behind prison walls?" (2015-11-24, by Shaka Shakur, New Afrikan Liberation Collective) [archive.is/bVh7g]
(2015-11-17) [archive.is/mwry8]: The Planned Parenthood Shooter shot 5 police officers and a choice was made to take him into custody alive. They choose to kill us.
* "When White Girls Deal Drugs, They Walk; Sarah Furay was called “adorable” and “photogenic” for allegedly selling ecstasy, cocaine, and weed. Would that have happened to a black girl?" (2015-12-01, thedailybeast.com) [archive.is/NFX6I]
* "A White Terrorist Is A 'Troubled Loner,' But Unarmed Black Teens Are 'Thugs' ; Why does the media use loaded language in crime stories?" (2015-11-30, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/z3cpr]
Look at these comments.
One is the mother of a convicted murderer who escaped from prison and the other is the mother of a gunned down unarmed teen.
* "First Freddie Gray trial begins in Baltimore as demoralized police prepare for potential rebellion" (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/pyg28]
* "Get Reintroduced to Rosa Parks As a New Archive Reveals the Woman Behind the Boycott; The Rosa Parks collection adds depth to the story of the civil rights heroine" (2015-12, smithsonianmag.com) [archive.is/u8mLV] [begin excerpt]: Parks wrote poetically about how life under Jim Crow “walks us on a tightrope from birth”—demonizing so-called “troublemakers” and requiring a “major mental acrobatic feat” to survive. She cast the boycott not as an outgrowth of her singular experience but as a broad reaction to injustice; she noted the case of 15-year-old Claudette Colvin, who was arrested and manhandled on a Montgomery bus earlier that year, and the savage beating of a black Army veteran by a bus driver who was fined $25 and allowed to keep his job. In another shard of personal writing, she reframed her supposed crime: “Let us look at Jim Crow for the criminal he is and what he had done to one life multiplied millions of times over these United States and the world.”
Born in Tuskegee, Alabama, in 1913, Parks was instilled with the will to fight. Her grandfather, a supporter of the black nationalist leader Marcus Garvey, sat out with his shotgun to protect the family home from Ku Klux Klan violence, and sometimes 6-year-old Rosa would sit vigil with him. Later, she married Raymond Parks, a barber who was working to prevent the executions of the wrongfully accused Scottsboro boys; after joining the Montgomery NAACP, she spent much of the 1940s and early ’50s working alongside union activist E.D. Nixon to pursue justice for black victims of white brutality, register black voters and push for desegregation.
In 1956, five weeks into the bus boycott, Parks lost her job, and so did her husband. She spent the year traveling the country to raise attention and funds for the movement despite her family’s imperiled finances. Even after the boycott ended, neither Rosa nor Raymond could find steady work, and in August 1957, still receiving death threats, they left Montgomery for Detroit.
Parks said that she found “not too much difference” between the segregation and discrimination in Detroit and what she’d left behind in Montgomery. For the next five decades she fought racism in the North. She worked for Representative John Conyers, responding to constituents’ needs, and, calling Malcolm X her hero, took part in the growing black power movement; she served on prisoner-defense committees, showed up at scores of antiwar protests, spoke out for welfare and housing rights and volunteered for numerous black candidates.
She insisted to the end of her life in 2005 that the United States had a long way to go to address racial inequality. Yet our tributes to her often lose sight of her example and fail to see that the need for her kind of courage isn’t just a thing of the past. “Don’t give up,” Parks told students at Spelman College in 1985, “and don’t say the movement is dead!” [end excerpt]
* "The Politics of Children’s Literature: What’s Wrong with the Rosa Parks Myth" (2015-12-01, rethinkingschools.org) [archive.is/EOx1z] [begin excerpt]: When the story of the Montgomery bus boycott is told merely as a tale of a single heroic person, it leaves children hanging. Not everyone is a hero or heroine. Of course, the idea that only special people can create change is useful if you want to prevent mass movements and keep change from happening. Not every child can be a Rosa Parks, but everyone can imagine herself or himself as a participant in the boycott. As a tale of a social movement and a community effort to overthrow injustice, the Rosa Parks story opens the possibility of every child identifying herself or himself as an activist, as someone who can help make justice happen. [end excerpt]
Heard this numerous times already from educated folks... same folks who get all uppity when other people are being oppressed. We say "Black Lives Matter!", and their response is "NO, they don't... All lives matter, not just yours."
Read the racist comments at [archive.is/xfMKq] in response to the the following posting, "Conservatives won't get how #AllLivesMatter erases Black people, but will argue passionately about how 'Happy holidays' erases Christmas".
While the comment's authors do not perceive themselves as "racist", their comments show a complete disregard for the grievances of Human Rights abuse, a disregard based on prejudice against Black People ("who complain too much while living in the Land of the Free with Liberty")... this disregard for the oppressed being the tendency of racism.
* " ‘Racism is apparent in US police force’ " (2015-11-23, presstv.ir) [archive.is/y37IR]
* "NLG Files Civil Rights Lawsuit Over Berkeley Police Brutality Against Black Lives Matter Protesters and Journalists" (2015-11-23) [archive.is/KqGvX]
* (2015-11-27) five photos [archive.is/Wi1sF], another photo [archive.is/tbr0G]
* (2015-11-27, Gregory Lewis) [archive.is/M8u1u]: Westlake, Seattle, Black Friday
* "Minneapolis ‘one of the worst places’ for African Americans to live: Historian" (2015-11-19, presstv.ir) [archive.is/0ZcAU]
* "Mass Arrests After #BlackLivesMatter Protesters Shut Down Minneapolis Road; On Monday evening, 51 people were arrested in Minneapolis after shutting down a busy highway for over two hours in protest of an unarmed black man who was killed by police on Sunday" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/pdXeK]
* "3 People In Custody In Shooting Of 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters In Minneapolis" (2015-11-24, npr.org) [archive.is/vk29L]
* "5 shot at #BlackLivesMatter protest, suspects reported to be 3 white supremacists" (2015-11-24, rt.com) [archive.is/pV3av
* "White Supremacists Shoot Five Protesters and MPD Attacks #Justice4Jamar Crowd" (2015-11-24, unicornriot.ninja) [archive.is/qASSj] [begin excerpt] After the protesters were wounded by the attackers, protesters called 911 and asked for help from the police that were stationed around the precinct and the precinct itself to no avail. Protesters also stated that the police were “laughing” and “ignoring” them when they were asking for help, and that one officer actually stated “you asked for this”. After 15 minutes the first ambulance arrived. The police at the 4th Precinct declined to aid people, standing passively. The police then moved in with crowd control gear to control the crime scene and maced the crowd that was assisting the wounded and standing asking for help, and filming, as well violently grabbing and pushing a woman [journalist]. [end excerpt]
* (2015-11-24) [archive.is/TkqQE] [begin excerpt]: Appalling. Here’s some info the article doesn’t cover, since they clearly never bothered talking to any of the activists on the scene:
1) Five people were shot in total–two treated on the scene and three went to the hospital.
2) One person received a serious wound after being shot in the abdomen. He was taken into surgery.
3) Despite this, cops taunted protesters, 911 put them on hold repeatedly, and the ambulance took at least 15 minutes to arrive. Cops added to the mayhem by pepper spraying people while they waited for the ambulance.
4) No effort was made to catch the perpetrators, who were wearing ski masks and kevlar vests. Do you know anyone who owns a kevlar vest? Average people are not allowed to buy them. [end excerpt]
* "Video Proves Cops and Nazi Shooter Were Working Together Against Protesters" (2015-11-24, countercurrentnews.com) [http://is.gd/EGXcnJ]
* "Minnesota Officials Engaged in Cover-Up Over Police Killing Black Man - NGO; Advocacy group Communities United Against Police Brutality President Michelle Gross claims that Minneapolis officials are hiding information and evidence in the police killing of African American man Jamar Clark" (2015-11-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/B7SI2]
* "Minneapolis May Become Next Ferguson as Police Point Guns at Protesters; Advocacy group Communities United Against Police Brutality President Michelle Gross claims that law enforcement in Minneapolis, Minnesota can prompt violent scenes similar to the ones in Ferguson in August 2014 as they are aiming weapons at peaceful demostrators protesting the police killing of African American man Jamar Clark" (2015-11-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/iKwnQ]
* "Minnesota Police Committed Crime Using Chemicals on Protestors - Activist; Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment activist Nabeehah Azeez claim that Minneapolis police broke international law in using chemical weapons against protests over the death of African-American Jamar Clark" (2015-11-21, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fE1Eo]
* "Racists Attack Minneapolis Protest: Part of a Racist Backlash" (2015-11-29, socialistorganizer.org) [archive.is/X8u3Q]
* "Several Activists Arrested in NYC at Peaceful Black Lives Matter Protest; Several activists were arrested at a rally organized by the Black Lives Matter advocacy group where people had been peacefully protesting the Minneapolis police killing of unarmed African American man Jamar Clark, multiple reports in social networks said" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/0t2M7]
* "Police Confirm That Minneapolis Protest Shooters Are Pro-Cop, Neo-Nazis" (2015-12-01, countercurrentnews.com) [http://is.gd/57k8xx]
* "Cops, White Supremacists, Both? Who’s Behind Attacks on #BlackLivesMatter? Notorious online message board 4Chan is at the center of another shooting, as those arrested for the shooting of five protesters in Minneapolis active gun-toting, militia-worshipping, confederacy-loving users of the board" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/86itV]
* "Minneapolis Police Ready to Use Chemicals on ‘Aggressive’ Protesters Again; Chemical irritants will be utilized once more against hostile demonstrators protesting the police killing of Jamar Clark because that is the most effective means to keeping unruly protesters civil, Minneapolis Police Department Public Information Officer John Elder told Sputnik" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/LaboQ]
* "Before Laquan McDonald, a Chicago Police Shooting with No Video" (2015-12-01, newyorker.com) [archive.is/yAS87]
* "Protesters return to the streets over police shooting death of Laquan McDonald" (2015-12-01, rt.com) [archive.is/lOPSl]
* "Univ. of Chicago shut down, student arrested over threat related to Laquan McDonald protests" (2015-12-01, rt.com) [archive.is/6UQEh]
* "Protests in Chicago After Police Releases Video of Teen Shot by Officer; Hundreds of African-American protesters took to the streets of Chicago, in the US state of Illinois overnight after police released a video that showed a white officer unload his gun into a teen, local media reported" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/lZPkz]
* "What Police Said About The Killing Of Laquan McDonald Before The Video Showed What Really Happened" (2015-11-24, thinkprogress.org) [http://is.gd/jjrx81]
* two photos (2015-11-27) [archive.is/7AhQt]: Protest Black Friday & the murder of Laquan McDonald now, with 1,000 others, in downtown Chicago. Shutting every store down!
* (2015-11-27) [archive.is/pUZaY]: Gregg L Greer at Downtown Chicago
* "Baltimore police were not ready for Freddie Gray riots - report" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/NN5SU]
* "Police use chemicals on protesters as officers who shot Jamar Clark in head named" (2015-11-19, rt.com) [archive.is/rDJh3]
* "There Are No Innocent Black People" (2015-10-28, theconcourse.deadspin.com) [archive.is/AxTwD], an article describing the police war against the New African nation which has stripped the youth of all innocence.
* "An 8th-grader wrote this horrifying letter about racist abuse he is experiencing at his middle school" (2015-11-13, Business Insider) [archive.is/fFrD0] [begin excerpt]: Another US school has been identified as a place where racial slurs are a fact of life for at least one student, whose mother describes classmates who regularly talk about lynchings. Unlike the racial tensions recently exposed at Yale and the University of Missouri, however, this hate speech comes not at a college, but at a middle school. It's directed at Za'Khari Waddy, an eighth-grader at Tabb Middle School, whose mother says he has suffered unimaginable racism at his in Yorktown, Virginia, middle school. [end excerpt]
* "Ticking the Wrong Box: Texas State Cops Caught Misreporting Race Statistics; A recent investigation has found that Texas State Troopers have been identifying a large number of minority drivers with whom they interact as white, casting doubt on the state’s racial profiling statistics" (2015-11-09, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/OCJIg]
* "Black Lives Matter protesters arrested after shutting down Minneapolis highway" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/3Cgj2]
Self-identified "conservatives" adhere to a racial-supremacist ideology (New African "conservatives" advocate for assimilation into the dominant culture and deny that racial supremacy exists). When confronted with the anger of New African students protesting at the University of Missouri, the self-identified "conservatives" are given propaganda that makes the protests appear laughable, and censors the extreme racial supremacy that the protesters are seeking to address, as seen in the following examples.
* "Is the Entire Mizzou Protest Based On Lies?" (2015-11-11, foxsports.com) [http://is.gd/V9Y8PV]
* "Mizzou hunger-strike figure from Omaha, son of top railroad exec" (2015-11-11, stltoday.com) [archive.is/JvBgI]
* "Dear Walmart, Someone Insulted Me In One of Your Stores. Your CEO Must Now Resign" (2015-11-12, theblaze.com) [archive.is/7OPSZ]
* "Organizers seat woman behind Trump ‘because she’s black’ — so she silently protests by reading her book" (2015-11-12, rawstory.com) [archive.is/ahU3D]
* "A Conversation With Johari Osayi Idusuyi, the Hero Who Read Through a Trump Rally" (2015-11-12, theslot.jezebel.com) [archive.is/pbUhH]
* "The Man Beaten And Choked At A Donald Trump Rally Tells His Story" (2015-11-23, thinkprogress.org) [archive.is/HQZh5] [begin excerpt]: [end excerpt]: When activist Mercutio Southall Jr. was curled up on the ground getting kicked, punched, and choked by Donald Trump supporters at a campaign rally in Birmingham, Alabama, he thought, “I can’t die today. I’ve got shit to do. I have little kids. Fuck these people.”
The single father of three, who was raised in the civil rights cradle of Selma, Alabama, told ThinkProgress that he decided to go to Trump’s event with two friends in order to speak out against the frontrunner candidate’s “racist” rhetoric.
“The things that he’s been saying about black people, Latino people, immigrants, refugees — we felt it was very disrespectful,” he said. “This is a city where some of the biggest battles of the civil rights movement happened, where four little girls got bombed up, so we aren’t accepting of anything like that kind of talk down here. I mean, this man came to our city a couple of weeks before Christmas, saying we should not let in Middle Eastern refugees. If I’m not mistaken, I think Jesus was a Middle Eastern refugee. So we were not going to stand idly by and see the rise of the next Hitler. We knew we had to stand for something.”
Southall said he felt unwelcome as soon as he arrived at the event, when Trump supporters physically recoiled from him and his friends. “There was like a six feet space on either side of us,” he said. “The message was: this was not our town. This was not our place.”
The three tried to get close to the stage so they could have a chance to ask Trump a question. Before the event started, Southall’s friend began livestreaming himself, saying to his camera, “We want to show [Trump] he’s not welcome here.” Upon hearing that, a nearby man knocked the phone out of his hand, prompting Southall to come to his friend’s defense. The three started chanting, “Black lives matter.”
What happened next was captured on video by a CNN reporter: a crowd of Trump supporters converging on Southall, punching, kicking, and choking him while chanting, “All lives matter.”
“It was just a sea of white faces,” he told ThinkProgress. “A lady kicked me in the stomach. A man kicked me in the chest. They called me n*****, monkey, and they shouted ‘all lives matter’ while they were kicking and punching me. So for all the people who are still confused at this point, they proved what ‘all lives matter’ meant. It means, ‘Shut up, n*****.'”
On Sunday, the morning after the rally, Trump told the hosts of Fox & Friends that Southall deserved what he got.
“Maybe he should have been roughed up,” he said. “It was disgusting what he was doing…This was a very obnoxious guy, a troublemaker, looking to make trouble.”
Local police seemed to agree. Using language nearly identical to how Jim Crow-era Birmingham Police chief Bull Connor described Martin Luther King Jr., police spokesperson Lt. Sean Edwards told CNN: “I would be a little cautious with Mercutio Southall. He has been an agitator from day one. Mercutio is always the agitator.”
Reporters also brought up the incident with Robert Kiger, the leader of the pro-Trump super PAC “Citizens For Restoring USA.” Kiger told CNN that the Black Lives Matter movement is a “farce.”
“They don’t really have a cause they’re trying to bring to the forefront,” he said. “If they did, they’d go to Baltimore or Chicago.”
When the CNN anchor challenged him, saying, “So they don’t have the right to protest at a Trump rally?” Kiger responded: “No they don’t, really. Look, I wouldn’t go into a black church and start screaming ‘white lives matter.'”
Setting aside the implication that a Trump rally is a ‘white space’ analogous to a black church, Southall has not confined his demonstrations to political rallies. The former policy academy student and Cub Scout master was arrested last year during a Black Lives Matter demonstration in a local Walmart. He was tasered and arrested this summer while protesting the death of 18-year-old Kindra Chapman in police custody in the Birmingham suburb of Homewood. A Black Panther movement admirer and firm believer in armed self-defense, Southall has also been arrested for openly carrying guns he legally owns.
* "Trump Supporters Filmed Viciously Punching and Kicking Black Lives Matter Protester at Rally" (2015-11-21, usuncut.com) [http://is.gd/BJzn8q] [begin excerpt]: A black protester was shoved out of a Trump rally in Alabama this Friday amidst kicks, punches, and screams of “All Lives Matter.” Trump can be heard at one point saying, “Get him the hell out of here.”
Not incidentally, all of the Trump supporters who participate in the protester’s ejection are white.
Jeremy Diamond, a CNN reporter, posted the video to his Twitter account. [https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/668168739100172289/video/1]
This is not the first time that there have been protesters at one of the TV personality’s presidential rallies, nor is it the first time one of those peaceful demonstrations turned violent because of Trump’s supporters.
Back in October, footage surfaced of a pro-immigrant protester at one of Trump’s rallies in Florida being forcibly ejected [archive.is/Dh1jB]. The protester, Ariel Rojas, was dragged by a random attendee at the rally before finally being removed from the premises altogether.
Another fight broke out in Richmond, VA, after a Trump supporter spit on a peaceful protester, again protesting Trump’s racially divisive speeches. Watch it here [https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/654450139071954944/video/1] [end excerpt]
* "The Malonga Center windows: A tale about Oakland city priorities" (2015-11-20, via Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/5lPDG]: Public records requests reveal that the city of Oakland prioritized the noise complaint of one individual over an entire decades-old arts community.
The summer in the East Bay was hot this year. Record breaking heat. Every Sunday afternoon I take a dance class at the Malonga Center. The studio has west-facing windows, and it seemed that even with all of them open, the heat was pouring in. On August 16th, the high in Oakland was 90 degrees. That was the Sunday that we showed up to class to find all of the windows bolted shut. Experienced dancers were taking breaks to combat heat exhaustion. One older woman nearly passed out. A notice was put on all the windows explaining that they had been bolted shut because of pigeons entering the studio. None of my friends, including some who have been dancing in that studio for a long time, had ever heard of a pigeon in there. Everyone suspected that noise complaints against the Malonga Center were the real reason. Recent public records obtained from the city confirm this theory. Although birds are briefly mentioned in one email, it is clear that a noise complaint initiated the window closure.
Work orders for the studio indicate that work started on providing ventilation on the 23rd of September. Nearly 40 days passed before Parks and Rec even began addressing the safety issue posed by the closed windows. As of this writing, there still isn’t ventilation in the studio besides the windows that dancers have pried open to protect their health. The city prioritized the complaints of one person over the safety of hundreds of artists. We already felt like our community was being metaphorically suffocated, and now that has become a little more literal.
This is not a new fight. The Malonga Center (then Alice Arts) came under attack in 2003, after it had already been an African and Pan-African arts center for 20 years. Then-mayor Jerry Brown wanted to close the center to make room for a charter school as part of his development plan. The plan was halted by a coalition of artists marching on City Hall in its defense. We are ready to defend art again. Oakland, after all, is a city that prides itself in the vibrancy of its arts community. People move here for it. Politicians tout it. However, it is clear that we take a back seat to monied interests, be they affluent newcomers or business interests who are buying up our real estate and politicians. We are tired of being used as advertisements for Oakland development while being displaced by those same forces.
* "Shaun King returned 100% of online donations made to Justice Together" (2015-11-20, medium.com) [archive.is/x4v5n] [begin excerpt]: On Tuesday, November 17th, Fox News and Bill O’Reilly made a series of false accusations against Shaun King. Primary among those accusations was that Shaun raised money for charities or foundations that never existed. This was a complete and total fabrication that we debunked here.
Even more dangerous was the lie that Shaun King stole money as a leader of the Black Lives Matter movement. Not only did Shaun hardly raise any money for his own organization, he has returned every donation back to donors.
Here are the facts:
In highly visible campaigns, Shaun King raised nearly $500,000 for families affected by police brutality. Not a single penny of those funds ever went to Shaun King or any business or charity that he manages. These campaigns, which combined still do not exceed the money raised online for Darren Wilson, have made Shaun a very public target. Shaun King is the most visible fundraiser in the Black Lives Matter movement.
@AttorneyCrump writes, "Shaun King raised over $100,000 for the family of Tamir Rice. Early on lies began spreading that Shaun stole this money. Attorneys for his estate and the family itself repeatedly thanked Shaun for his help and publicly declared that they received 100% of what was raised." [end excerpt]
* "Shaun King did not steal money from the family of Tamir Rice" (2015-11-20, medium.com) [archive.is/KTbh3]
* "Shaun King Did Not Steal (or even raise) Money from the Family of Eric Garner" (2015-11-20, medium.com) [archive.is/y7a54]
* "Shaun King did not lie about how many kids he has" (2015-11-20, medium.com) [archive.is/YKvvq]
* "Inspired by Mizzou Protests, Students Across Country Focus on Being #BlackonCampus" (2015-11-11, nbcnews.com) [archive.is/kqGiQ]
Self-identified "conservatives" (fascists) are declaring war against publicly accessible higher education.
* "Conservatives Have the Ability to Fight the University Left, So Let’s Do It" (2015-11-12, nationalreview.com) [archive.is/Lyqju]
* "Princeton University eyes removing Woodrow Wilson’s name, portraits over ‘racist legacy’ " (2015-11-20, rt.com) [archive.is/F5KoN]
* "Racists probably started a white student union at your school. They’re all fake" (2015-11-23) [archive.is/2mhjr]
* " ‘White Student Union’ challenges Black Lives Matter at University of Illinois" (2015-11-20, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/rOTy4]
information collected by the Committee to Defend Public Education!
* "I’m an Occupy Wall Street founder, and here’s my advice to student protesters" (2015-11-30, by Micah White) [http://is.gd/CHnfWl]
* "Million Student March: 100+ US campuses rally against tuition fees & student debt" (2015-11-12, rt.com) [archive.is/ydpcD]
* "Students across the country protest debt in Million Student March" (2015-11-12, rt.com) [archive.is/WWyoV]
* "UC Santa Cruz Students Participate in Million Student March" (2015-11-16, by Alex Darocy, via indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/IM6Hj]
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [http://is.gd/VOkmLr]
Al Rojas asks that you...
BOYCOTT "DRISCOLL & SAKUMA" SLAVE STRAWBERRIES!
DO NOT BUY! Who do you think "Harvested & Picked" the Food you enjoy 3 times a Day if NOT the Indigenous Agricultural Workers!
This is the Very Reverse of what the Native Americans Indigenous did to the "Illegal" Immigrant "Colonial Pilgrims" who offered them Food so that they Would Not Starve ---- Biggest Mistake giving food & then WHAT? It's called Hypocritical! Then came the Worst Genocide in the last 500 years in Americas to this very moment!
* "Hundreds of Nurses Will Join Million Student March Action at U.C. Berkeley" (2015-11-12, nationalnursesunited.org) [archive.is/WW3HJ]
* "Make The Sharing Economy Work For Workers" (2015-11-27, Robert Reich), video at [http://is.gd/6USuQ7]: The "sharing economy," also known as the "gig economy," the "on-demand economy," or the "uncertain economy," is exploding—think Uber and Airbnb—but few people are talking about what it'll mean for the social safety net built in this country over the past century. In five years, this new economic trend will encompass 40 percent of American workers.
That's why it's important that we take action now to figure out how to provide critical labor protections, even as our economy undergoes massive changes.
* "The secret number to the sharing economy" (2015-06-25, thenextweb.com) [http://is.gd/fYqh2i]
* "An Uber union? Seattle could clear way for ride-app drivers; Politicians, labor activists and business executives across the U.S. have their eyes on Seattle City Hall as a vote draws closer on what could become a legal breakthrough establishing collective-bargaining rights for contract employees" (2015-11-28, seattletimes.com) [archive.is/1bgd7]
HANDS OFF OUR HOMES!
* "Midtown Apartments Rent Strike Going Strong" (2015-11-15, by Michael Steinberg, indybay.org) [archive.is/2sDkp]
* "Attorney Threatens Members Of Redwood Gardens Resident Council With Eviction" (2015-11-11, by Lynda Carson) [archive.is/07HKv]
* Street Heat on KFCF 88.1 FM (Free Speech radio in Fresno) featured two important community issues this week. The effort to save the art and integrity of the Fulton Mall is heard first and the struggle against slumlords in Fresno is on the second half of this 58 minute program. Listen (.mp3) [http://is.gd/aADVhu].
Photos of the broadcast [http://is.gd/80JK4V].
In the first half of the Street Heat show Doug Richert and Ray McKnight, who are with the Downtown Coalition, discuss new developments in the effort to save the Fulton Mall. The mayor of Fresno, developers and their allies want to put a road down the mall because they say that will help revitalize the downtown area. Members of the Downtown Coalition believe this will destroy the mall and the community would loose a significant amount of public art.
The second half of the show is about a large apartment complex in central Fresno that has been without natural gas, leaving residents without a way to heat their apartments and cook food. A resident from those apartments and two tenant rights attorneys discuss this issue and discuss what is being done.
information collected by the Committee to
DEFEND THOSE WITHOUT HOMES!
* "Letter to Berkeley: You Are Being Scammed by Your City Council; If the Berkeley City Council wanted to help the homeless they would be providing the money, a timetable and the plans to create the facilities they say they want to create. They didn't. They don't. They just want you to believe they are" (2015-11-25, by JP Massar) [archive.is/VquLp]
* "EMERGENCY PROTEST Against 30 Minute Checks/Sleep Deprivation" (2015-11-27, via Indybay.org newswire) [http://is.gd/pLtj6m]
* "Freedom SleepOut #20: City Council Chatters While Folks Freeze" (2015-11-24) [archive.is/trngv]
* "Police make one arrest at Freedom Sleepers protest #20, confiscate belongings; Police arrest a sleeper at the 20th Freedom Sleepers protest in front of city hall and take his belongings" (2015-11-26, via Indybay.org newswire) [http://is.gd/In5vNe], video is included in this article
* "As Eugene OR restores Right to Sleep at Night, Freedom Sleepers Plan for 21st Night Out" (2015-11-30, via Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/RXHLH]
* "SC Freedom Sleepers Send Letter to Berkeley City Council Opposing Anti-Homeless Measure" (2015-11-17, Freedom Sleepers) [archive.is/4fM3T]
* "Letter to Santa Cruz City Council in Support of RV Safe Parking Zones" (2015-11-22, by Homeless Persons Legal Assistance Project) [archive.is/T7mGy]
Homeless shelters are not the solution for homelessness...
* "HomeBase a new resource for the homeless in Vallejo to use a computer, do laundry" (2015-11-30, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/3X7MF], open 8 hours a week by appointment only.
* "Sunnyvale: Fast-tracked emergency homeless shelter set to open" (2015-12-01, mercurynews.com) [archive.is/My3ki]
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com]
* "U.S. Attorney General to Allow Police Depts to Keep the Number of Citizens they Kill a Secret" (2015-10-06, thefreethoughtproject.com) [http://is.gd/y7I7YU]
* "Richard Perkins: 1,000th Person Killed by Cops in the US This Year; OPD Mum on Video" (2015-11-26, by Anti Police-Terror Project) [http://is.gd/hG8i7V]
* "Oakland Man Becomes (At Least) 1000th Person Killed by US Cops This Year; A database tracking US police killings reached 1,000 for 2015 on Sunday evening after cops in Oakland, California, shot and killed a man armed with a toy gun" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/iEkpX]
* (2015-11-27, Anita Wills), referring to this photo [archive.is/ldG9O]: The face of Police Killings is not pretty! We need to see the ugly truth of what is going on in Amerikkka from those who are paid to protect and serve. We will never be able to stop black on black killings until we get to the root of the killings of our people by Law enforcement and how the system allows them to walk free. #NoJusticeNoPeace, #BlackLivesMatter
* "Victim of Salinas police beating indicted for assaulting officer" (2015-11-24, by DavidRoknich, indybay.org) [archive.is/RqNK3], arrest document (.pdf) [http://is.gd/JGVyOQ]
* "Alameda County Sheriff's Deputies Brutally Beat Man in San Francisco's Mission District" (2015-11-14, via Indybay.org Newswire) [http://is.gd/eRybcR]
* "US Supreme Court Expands Immunity for Killer Cops" (2015-11-12, by Tom Carter) [archive.is/tQNdH]
* "Shackled man tased 20 times in 30 min; police blame cocaine for his death" (2015-11-13, rt.com) [archive.is/8pkBB]
* "The Feds Lose Hundreds of Guns a Year, and They Keep Turning Up in Bay Area Homicides" (2015-12-01, sfweekly.com) [http://is.gd/bIEsf7]
* "US Cops Stole More Last Year Than the Burglars They Chase; In 2014, the FBI estimated that $3.9 billion in cash and property was stolen from American citizens in burglaries. Meanwhile, United States police stole $4.5 billion in cash and property through civil asset forfeiture, without even having to charge their victims with a crime" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/IlYKF]
* "ACLU Questions Council and Chief of Police on Automatic License Plate Readers" (2015-11-27, by ACLU Santa Cruz County) [archive.is/aio6c]
* "How Chicago tried to cover up a police execution" (2015-11-24, chicagoreporter.com) [archive.is/X3XTT]
* "Chicago Police Abuses of Minorities Mostly Undocumented - Advocacy Group; Mistreatment of minorities by the Chicago Police Department (CPD) has for the most part not been recorded, former police detective and US advocacy group PoliceAbuse.com Executive Director Diop Kamau told Sputnik on Thursday" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/oAnHe]
* "Police restraints, not LSD, killed Tennessee man" (2015-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/9F9uK]
* "Man died of LSD toxicity after leaving Widespread Panic concert" (2015-12-01, wmcactionnews5.com) [archive.is/qPuzV]
* "Attornies release independent autopsy results for man hogtied by Southaven police" (2015-11-18, myfoxmemphis.com) [archive.is/ZQL5w]
* "Toxicology Report: Man Who Died While Hogtied By Police Did Not Overdose On LSD; Troy Goode’s lawyers said Southaven police initially speculated he died from an LSD overdose" (2015-09-11, buzzfeed.com) [archive.is/zaMFt]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
* "CISA Systemic Domestic Spying: One Additional Step Towards a Complete Fascist Union" (2015-11-03, 4thmedia.org) [archive.is/VoieR]
* "EFF Slams Google For Spying on Students Using Chromebooks" (2015-12-02, occupycorporatism.com) [archive.is/g9HFN]
* "Running an older Android OS version? Google can access your data" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/u3MOj]
* "How Walmart Keeps an Eye on Its Massive Workforce The retail giant is always watching" (2015-11-24, bloomberg.com) [archive.is/Fg9m6]
* "Ex-CIA director wants Snowden ‘hanged by the neck’ as tougher security measures proposed" (2015-11-20, rt.com) [archive.is/biva3]
* "Why the CIA is smearing Edward Snowden after the Paris attacks" (2015-11-25, by Glenn Greenwald) [archive.is/RYe6s]
* "NSA doc shows US email surveillance continued despite program ending" (2015-11-21, rt.com) [archive.is/pxD1k]
* "The NSA is Still Spying on Your Email, Even After Saying It Had Stopped; When the NSA was caught collecting Americans' email data in 2013, the agency said it had already shut down the program two years earlier. In reality, it stopped in name only, according to newly disclosed documents" (2015-11-21, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/uJf9b]
* "US State Department Spokesman denies U.S. uses NSA Spying for Benefit of Corporations" (2015-11-20, nsnbc.me) [archive.is/q0Frc]
* "Conservative Koch Brothers Financiers Built Secret Surveillance Ops to Spy on Liberals Groups and Activists; Billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch have built a secretive operation within their political network that conducts surveillance and intelligence gathering on its liberal opponents, Politico reported on Tuesday" (2015-11-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/48oiD]
* "What the Dell? Laptops shipped with exact security flaw which was advertised as absent" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/QKwob]
* " ‘See something, send something’: New York’s new app to help prevent terrorism" (2015-11-24, rt.com) [archive.is/MV8lX]
* "Tor Project accuses FBI of paying university to ‘deanonymize’ users without warrant" (2015-11-12, rt.com) [archive.is/I5eby]
* "Dislike: Facebook wrongly removes post questioning partial coverage of Paris attacks" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/M39Wz] [begin excerpt]: Facebook removed a UK student’s post criticizing the world for not responding to recent terrorist attacks in Lebanon and Africa with the same prayers and support as for Paris. The tech giant republished it, citing human error, after being approached by RT.
University of Sussex student Roua Naboulsi wrote a long Facebook post on Saturday morning in which she described her mixed feelings in the aftermath of the Paris attack.
While Naboulsi, 21, condemned the violence in France, she also lamented the lack of international attention given to the suicide bombing in Beirut the day before.
Her post received 9,000 shares and 12,000 likes before Facebook removed it on Monday for not meeting the company’s Community Standards. Following inquiries by RT, the social media giant republished the post and admitted it had made a mistake. [end excerpt]
* "Death Threats, Child Porn, and War Crimes: Inside CIA Investigations of Its Own Employees" (2015-11-12, news.vice.com) [archive.is/V4aoM]
* The CIA's investigation report (.pdf) [http://is.gd/XhKkHa]
* "Child porn, war crimes & fraud: Internal CIA probes reveal shocking findings" (2015-11-12, rt.com) [archive.is/8FoWo] [begin excerpt]: Documents released by the CIA show details of over a dozen investigations into serious allegations of misconduct by agency employees, including child pornography, torture and war crimes. In many cases, the Justice Department decided not to prosecute.
Redacted records of the investigations, part of the 111 probes conducted by the CIA Office of the Inspector General (OIG) between January 2013 and May 2014, were obtained by Vice News under a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Among the OIG investigations were allegations that a “highly placed US official” leaked classified information to a foreign army, retaliation against whistleblowers, the sale of night-vision goggles on eBay, the use of government computers to order steroids, and torture of a detainee by CIA officers. The torture probe resulted in the accuser recanting all of the allegations he or she made about the physical abuse of prisoners in CIA custody. [end excerpt]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: Five-Eyes, and other transnational partners
If they do it in the UKGB, they do it in the USA...
* "G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds' " (2009-05-20, theguardian.com) [archive.is/tTCbL]
* "Hipster spies wanted: GCHQ recruiters trawl Shoreditch" (2015-11-23, rt.com) [archive.is/PJz2V]
* "Undercover police had children with activists; Disclosure likely to intensify controversy over long-running police operation to infiltrate and sabotage protest groups" (2012-01-20, theguardian.com) [archive.is/MeH4d]
* "Britain’s Draft Investigatory Powers Bill AKA Population Control 3.0" (2015-11-26, truepublica.org.uk) [archive.is/TazVr] [begin excerpt]: If the government has anything to do with it, privacy just got a whole lot worse. What the draft Investigatory Powers Bill holds for everyone is exactly what all the criticism was about in the first place – except it attempts to make it lawful.
The Bill proposes that instead of deceiving every citizen in the UK it will now simply admit to carrying out mass collection of our data and still hack into and bug our personal devices such as computers and smart phones. It’s the Snoopers Charter but as previous attempts were rejected, the Home Secretary is having another stab at it. Same thing, different words.
We already knew that the security services were doing this but instead of storing all this information, they now propose that ISP’s or internet service providers capture, or steal – depending on your view, every single online movement you make and hand it over to whoever, whenever. Specifically, the security services, the police and “other public bodies”.
We are talking about every single internet user as well, no exceptions; your mum, aunty, granny and your little daughter. Well, just one lucky little category escapes this Orwellian occupation of personal space …. politicians. Of course! And who is the only person who can authorise the hacking of their data – the prime minister. [end excerpt]
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
[PoliticalPrisonersUSA.blogspot.com] End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers!
Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link]. [solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]
MUMIA'S FINAL APPEAL FOR HEALTHCARE DENIED!
Last night Mumia got notice that the final appeal of his PA Department of Corrections grievance was denied. Listen to his reaction here.
This denial comes on top of the magistrate Judge's proposal to deny Mumia's right to treatment last week.
Remember-- one of the reasons the Judge gave was her claim that Mumia had not "exhausted his administrative remedies" or received a final denial of his request for care. Now he has received that denial.
We know that withholding Mumia's care is immoral and illegal. We are confident that we will win this battle in court- but we can't do it alone.
* "California Solitary Confinement Prisoner Faces Retaliation, Takes Guards to Court" (2015-11-20, prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com) [archive.is/pV6l1]
* "Can Cities End the School-to-Prison Pipeline? Relentless Organizers Are Tallying Wins; 'We have always said that this is a battle of imagination over incarceration' " (2015-11-11, yesmagazine.org) [http://is.gd/LXx3ka]
* "Imprisoned People Facing Medical Neglect and Violence, Family Members and Organizers Speak Out" (2015-11-25, prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com) [archive.is/ZQyQV]
* "Rikers prison guard ‘raped female inmate for 20 mins while 2nd guard watched’ – lawsuit" (2015-11-23, rt.com) [archive.is/JONBV]
* "Solitary Prisoners’ Lawyers Slam CDCR for Sleep Deprivation" (2015-10-29, prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com) [archive.is/8KVax]
* (2015-11-25, prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com) [archive.is/eKx4Z] [begin excerpt]: People in solitary confinement have been loudly awakened by guards every 30 minutes 24/7 since the night of August 2nd, almost 4 months! Please participate in an emergency protest in Sacramento to stop these every 30 minute so-called “security/welfare checks” being done in the Pelican Bay SHU and other solitary units in CA prisons.
Sleep deprivation is torture, and that is what these loud, intrusive checks are causing. For people in solitary cells 23-24 hours a day, the noise and disruption every 30 minutes is unavoidable, endless torture. They are experiencing severe stress, weight loss, dizziness, nausea, headaches, eye problems, stomach and bowel problems, faintness, depression, and sped-up heart rates. They cannot concentrate, exercise, read, do legal work- the things that help them survive- and they can’t sleep! [end excerpt]
* (2015-11-30, by Anita Wills): A lively group of protesters showed up at the California Department of Corrections today in Sacramento. In case anyone does not know their address it is 1515 S Street Sacramento California 95811. They don't want you to know the address where they do all of the wheeling and dealing, including doing Contracts for Private Prisons, Contract out for Food Services, and Contracting out for Phone Services to name a few.
We were there today because every 30 minutes when prisoners in the Special Housing Unit are sleeping, the guards go through and wake them up, by making loud noises, banging metal objects etc. This is the same type of torture and deprivation they use in Guantanamo Bay. They claim they are doing it to prevent suicides by the sleep deprivation is a means of making the inmates in the SHU (who are locked down 23 hours), suicidal. This is why we were in Sacramento protesting today.
We were also there about the treatment of women at the California Central Women's Facility (CCWF), in Chowchilla.
There was an attempt to search a room and the women in the room felt they were being harassed. The Correctional officers then took part in slamming them to the floor, handcuffing the women and escorting them to the program office. Then they were subjected to a strip search in sight of male CO's!!! They were given moos moos that did not fit and some were not given any undergarments. One of the girls was refusing to strip where she was then grabbed by her hair, held down while her clothes were cut off her in the view of male co's. They were kept in cages with out food or restrooms for 8 hours, then taken to administrative segregation. They are still in administrative segregation unit at CCWF right now and the girls that witnessed this are very
We were there to stand up for those who cannot speak for themselves right now. Hoping that more folks will join us at the next rally!
* "Another Wave of Hunger Strikes Launched at 3 Detention Centers" (2015-11-27, Political Prisoner News): While many will enjoy the company of their loved ones tonight, 110 detainees in 3 different detention centers will be on a hunger strike demanding they be released immediately from immigration detention. Take a minute to sign this petition in support of the hunger strikers and tell ICE to release them from detention [notonemoredeportation.com/2015/11/26/freedomgiving].
Last night asylum seekers and detainees at the Theo Lacey, Otay, and Etowah Detention Centers began a hunger strike to demand their release. The 110 hunger strikers are putting their bodies on the line, refusing food to denounce the inhumane treatment they endure in these facilities, where their human dignity is ignored by ICE agents and the immigration detention system.
Many of the men taking part in the hunger strikes came to this country seeking protection and fleeing violence and poverty in their home countries only to face the injustice of the immigration system here. In multiple cases, hunger strikers passed their credible fear interviews making them eligible to fight their asylum case outside detention, but ICE refuses to release them. Other hunger strikers have been detained for up to 2 years and are asking for the opportunity to be united with their families and communities. The conditions at the Theo Lacey, Otay, and Etowah Detention Centers have pushed some of the men to attempt suicide for fear of deportation to countries where they will face persecution from the government.
The character of who we are in this country is being tested. As President Obama says that we can't turn away refugees and candidates take varying positions, the hunger strikers make the political debate real, concrete, and human.*Sign and share this petition, support the 110 hunger strikers by sending a message to ICE demanding their release from immigration detention.
* "Over 100 refugees, mostly South Asians, go on hunger strike over Thanksgiving" (2015-11-28, rt.com) [archive.is/A111S]
* "I had to write on brown paper bags when these rogues came and confiscated everybody’s writing paper" (2015-01-28, by Shyheim Deen El-Mu’min) [archive.is/x2cjp]
* "Drone Pilots have Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Frozen by Feds for Exposing US Murder; For having the courage to come forward and expose the drone program for the indiscriminate murder that it is, 4 vets are under attack from the government they once served" (2015-11-25, by William N. Grigg) [archive.is/OHcOj]
* "U.S. Air Force drone-operators expose the crimes of their murderer regime" (2015-11-29, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/FBy4W], attached videos [https://youtu.be/5H37s1aJ98s] [https://youtu.be/rRp3W3sFjiI] [https://youtu.be/l1rwpgE3Xvc]
* "Omaha woman reveals Omaha Two defense lawyer was impaired by alcohol" (2015-11-24, by Michael Richardson, COINTELPRO Examiner) [archive.is/itZfM]
* "Albert Woodfox, Angola Inmate, Can Be Tried 3rd Time, Court Rules" (2015-11-09, nytimes.com) [archive.is/puFzs]
* "Rev. Pinkney: I believe Berrien County officials have put a hit on me, inside the prison system" (2015-11-16, via sfbayview.com) [archive.is/7l5f5]
* "Support political prisoner Zolo Azania"
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong." - Leo Roskin
Friday, November 6, 2015
To: All Concerned for Human Rights in all Human Sights!
This is an open letter requesting your help to garner support for my plight.
i am currently serving a fourteen (14) year sentence for class B-robbery.
i have less than 15 months left on the sentencing judgment.
i have completed previously a sixty (60) year sentence. My first twenty-seven years and three months was spent on death row in Indiana.
i want to be moved into some type of viable program or positive position for these last few months so that i can effectively earn credit time and additional life skills in preparation for my eventual reentry into the community.
i have been held in continuous confinement since August 11, 1981, and i will need more quality time in the reentry program than someone who has served only two (2) or three (3) years, for example.
In 1967, the Indiana General Assembly enacted a statute (law), which allowed the development and implementation of a Work Release Program in this state.
The purpose of the Work Release Statute is to permit qualified applicants committed to the DOC to participate in a program in which the participant resides in or near his or her home community and is allowed to secure gainful employment or to further educational goals prior to actual release from prison.This type of habilitative or rehabilitative program was expanded in recent years to include a Pre-Work Release Re-entry program as well.The staff people are charged with the duty of assisting people like me in making the transition or re-entry to the community with some type of financial self-reliance.
i meet all qualifications for these programs.
The crux of my genuine complaint is this: Each prisoner's success is dependent upon his or her own initiative and ability to practice a high level of personal responsibility.
i have properly done just that, and i continue to do the same.
i have continued to do everything i am supposed to do under the sun necessary to work my way out of prison, but these prisoncrats always overlook my achievements.
i am being held in a dormitory setting outside the Indiana State Prison walls.
This is not a true minimum security facility.
It is also illegally overcrowded; both the ceiling and floor are not strong enough to carry the extra weight of steel bunks, cabinets, and humans stacked on top of one another.
Recently, in 2013, an electrified, barbed wire chainlink fence, topped with coils of razor wire was erected around the building here.I.S.O. not only has a fence around it, but the back of the outer perimeter is marked by a thirty-foot wall and guntowers!
This brick building is a two story dormitory with a prisoner population of more than 380.
A minimum security assignment constitutes an assignment of a convicted person to a work release center or program, to intermittent service of a sentence, or to a program requiring weekly reporting to a designated official. Moreover, an assignment to minimum security need not involve a penal facility.
It is just unconscionable to think these DOC officials can go and do anything they want to confine people in a condemned, overcrowded building because they want more taxpayer money for each bed
filled with a warm human body.
i would like for you to contact Indiana DOC officials and voice your concerns.
i want to be transferred from this place to a real minimum security facility.
Please call to Indianapolis at [317-233-5541] or [317-232-5755], [www.in.gov/idoc]
Thank you for your attention and assistance in this matter.
Zolo Agona Azania
Indiana State Prison Minimum Security Unit
201 Woodlawn Avenue
Michigan City, Indiana 46361
* "Commute Kevin Cooper's Death Sentence" (from James Clark, Senior Death Penalty Campaigner, Amnesty International USA):
Sign the Petition: [savekevincooper.org/pages/petition.php].
Urge Gov. Jerry Brown to commute Kevin Cooper's death sentence. Cooper has always maintained his innocence of the 1983 quadruple murder of which he was convicted. In 2009, five federal judges signed a dissenting opinion warning that the State of California "may be about to execute an innocent man." Having exhausted his appeals in the US courts, Kevin Cooper's lawyers have turned to the Inter American Commission on Human Rights to seek remedy for what they maintain is his wrongful conviction, and the inadequate trial representation, prosecutorial misconduct and racial discrimination which have marked the case. Amnesty International opposes all executions, unconditionally.
"The State of California may be about to execute an innocent man." - Judge William A. Fletcher, 2009 dissenting opinion on Kevin Cooper's case
Kevin Cooper has been on death row in California for more than thirty years.
In 1985, Cooper was convicted of the murder of a family and their house guest in Chino Hills. Sentenced to death, Cooper's trial took place in an atmosphere of racial hatred — for example, an effigy of a monkey in a noose with a sign reading "Hang the N*****!" was hung outside the venue of his preliminary hearing.
Take action to see that Kevin Cooper's death sentence is commuted immediately.
Cooper has consistently maintained his innocence.
Following his trial, five federal judges said: "There is no way to say this politely. The district court failed to provide Cooper a fair hearing."
Since 2004, a dozen federal appellate judges have indicated their doubts about his guilt.
Tell California authorities: The death penalty carries the risk of irrevocable error. Kevin Cooper's sentence must be commuted.
In 2009, Cooper came just eight hours shy of being executed for a crime that he may not have committed. Stand with me today in reminding the state of California that the death penalty is irreversible — Kevin Cooper's sentence must be commuted immediately.
* "Kevin Cooper: An Innocent Victim of Racist Frame-Up" (savekevincooper.org) (.pdf)[http://is.gd/su1EcL] [begin excerpt]: Kevin Cooper is an African-American man who was wrongly convicted and sentenced to death in 1985 for the gruesome murders of a white family in Chino Hills, California: Doug and Peggy Ryen and their daughter Jessica and their house- guest Christopher Hughes. The Ryens' 8 year old son Josh, also attacked, was left for dead but survived.
Convicted in an atmosphere of racial hatred in San Bernardino County CA, Kevin Cooper remains under a threat of imminent execution in San Quentin. He has never received a fair hearing on his claim of innocence. In a dissenting opinion in 2009, five federal judges of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals signed a 82 page dissenting opinion that begins: "The State of California may be about to execute an innocent man." 565 F.3d 581.
There is significant evidence that exonerates Mr. Cooper and points toward other suspects:
- The coroner who investigated the Ryen murders concluded that the murders took four minutes at most and that the murder weapons were a hatchet, a long knife, an ice pick and perhaps a second knife. How could a single person, in four or fewer minutes, wield three or four weapons, and inflict over 140 wounds on five people, two of whom were adults (including a 200 pound ex-marine) who had loaded weapons near their bedsides?
- The sole surviving victim of the murders, Josh Ryen, told police and hospital staff within hours of the murders that the culprits were "three white men." Josh Ryen repeated this statement in the days following the crimes. When he twice saw Mr. Cooper's picture on TV as the suspected attacker, Josh Ryen said "that's not the man who did it."
- Josh Ryen's description of the killers was corroborated by two witnesses who were driving near the Ryens' home the night of the murders. They reported seeing three white men in a station wagon matching the description of the Ryens' car speeding away from the direction of the Ryens' home.
- These descriptions were corroborated by testimony of several employees and patrons of a bar close to the Ryens' home, who saw three white men enter the bar around midnight the night of the murders, two of whom were covered in blood, and one of whom was wearing coveralls.
- The identity of the real killers was further corroborated by a woman who, shortly after the murders were discovered, alerted the sheriff's department that her boyfriend, a convicted murderer, left blood-spattered coveralls at her home the night of the murders. She also reported that her boyfriend had been wearing a tan t-shirt matching a tan t-shirt with Doug Ryen's blood on it recovered near the bar. She also reported that her boyfriend owned a hatchet matching the one recovered near the scene of the crime, which she noted was missing in the days following the murders; it never reappeared; further, her sister saw that boyfriend and two other white men in a vehicle that could have been the Ryens' car on the night of the murders.
Lacking a motive to ascribe to Mr. Cooper for the crimes, the prosecution claimed that Mr. Cooper, who had earlier walked away from custody at a minimum security prison, stole the Ryens' car to escape to Mexico. But the Ryens had left the keys in both their cars (which were parked in the driveway), so there was no need to kill them to steal their car. The prosecution also claimed that Mr. Cooper needed money, but money and credit cards were found untouched and in plain sight at the murder scene.
The jury in 1985 deliberated for seven days before finding Mr. Cooper guilty. One juror later said that if there had been one less piece of evidence, the jury would not have voted to convict.
* "Amnesty for all those arrested demanding justice for Freddie Gray!" (answercoalition.org):
Sign and distribute the petition to drop the charges!
Spread this effort with #Amnesty4Baltimore
"A riot is the language of the unheard" — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
An estimated 300 people have been arrested in Baltimore in the last two weeks. Many have been brutalized, beaten and pepper-sprayed by police in the streets, and held for days in inhumane conditions. Those arrested include journalists, medics and legal observers.
One individual arrested for property destruction of a police vehicle is now facing life in prison and is being held on $500,000 bail. That's $150,000 more than the officer charged with the murder of Freddie Gray.
The legal system has made it clear that they care more about broken windows than broken necks; more about a CVS than the lives of Baltimore's Black residents.
They showed no hesitation in arresting Baltimore's protesters and rebels, and sending in the National Guard, but took 19 days to put a single one of the killer cops in handcuffs. This was the outrageous double standard that led to the Baltimore Uprising.
Sign the petition to Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake to drop the charges on all who have been arrested [answercoalition.org/amnesty_for_all_those_arrested_demanding_justice_for_freddie_gray].
* "Keith LaMar (Bomani Shakur) and other Lucasville prisoners on hunger strike since Nov. 9" (2015-11-13, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/O4oc0], attached video [https://youtu.be/P4uEvMJR4Rc].
This compelling 36-minute documentary focuses on Keith LaMar (Bomani Shakur), who was convicted and sentenced to die in the aftermath of the 1993 Lucasville prison rebellion. The film, titled “Keith LaMar, Condemned,” looks at the root causes of the prison uprising, validates allegations that LaMar was railroaded in a death penalty case and points to the prosecutors’ misconduct as being a central fact in many of the trials related to Lucasville. It was produced by Scioto Peace and Justice, a chapter of the Fellowship of Reconciliation located near the prison in Lucasville, Ohio. They can be reached at [lorryswain@)yahoo.com] or [606-932-2383].
* "Update on Robert Seth Hayes Urgent Medical Campaign" (2015-11-28):
Seth has been in the infirmary at Sullivan since he got back from the hospital. Hasn't even been allowed to have a change of clothes. It is difficult to make phone calls.
They are giving him Glucerna twice a day, which is causing his blood sugars to be high (despite the fact that Glucerna is prescribed for diabetics).
The swelling in his legs and feet has returned. His cough has also returned.
Has only seen the doctor once, when he came back from Albany Medical Center.
We know ultimately Seth needs to come home to get healthy. Prison life is not meant for health. He goes to the parole board in June 2016 for the 9th time, not including other parole appeal denials in between the two year hits.
Being outside prison, Seth could receive true medical, family, nutrition and other related aspects of life that can contribute to the immense healing process that is needed.
It would be heartening for Seth to receive get well wishes at this time.
Write to Seth and let him know he is in our hearts and on our minds.
Robert Seth Hayes #74-A-2280
Sullivan Correctional Facility, P.O. Box 116, Fallsburg, NY 12733-0116
To contribute to ongoing efforts supporting Robert Seth Hayes, please donate online at: [https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/810a58]
---Campaign to Free Lorenzo Johnson
Updates from the New "Team Free Lorenzo Johnson":
Thank you all for your relentless effort in the fight against wrongful convictions and your determination to stand behind Lorenzo.
To garner even more support for Lorenzo Johnson, we have been hard at work updating the website and developing an even more formidable and dedicated team. Please take a moment to visit the new site here.
During the month of July, Lorenzo wrote two new articles for The Huffington Post titled "When Prosecutors Deny Justice for the Innocent," and "Hurry Up and Wait for Justice: The Struggle of Innocent Prisoners." In these articles, Lorenzo discusses the flaws in the criminal justice system, which he deems is a "serious problem in this country."
Lastly, Lorenzo has a message to you all.
A Letter from Lorenzo:
July 23, 2015
Dauphin County Prison
I hope all is well with everyone and your families. As for myself, I'm still on my journey in pursuit of my vindication. Sorry for my website being shut down for a couple of weeks. It was being transferred to a new provider and management. I'm back and will do my best to keep everything up to speed with what's taking place.
I would like to thank ALL of my loyal supporters in the U.S. and in the MANY different counties that have signed on to support my innocence. Thanks for all of the letters, emails, photos, etc. Like I always say, I get energy to carry on and inspiration hearing form you, please stay engaged in my struggle.
As of this moment, nothing has changed, but – the continued delay tactics are constantly being used by my prosecutor, Deputy Attorney General William Stoycos. With the mounting of evidence that supports my innocence and police and prosecution misconduct claims that is steadily piling up, you would think that I would be having a couple of evidentiary hearings on my actual innocence appeal that have been pending since August 5, 2013.
At the time of this writing, I've been moved from SCI-Mahanoy to Dauphin County Prison and locked down for 23 hours and 40 minutes a day. In the 20 minutes I get to come out, I get to take a shower and make a short call. Prosecutor Stoycos had me moved so I can be a witness in his attempt to have my codefendant Corey Walker's attorney removed from representing him. How dare he call into question an attorney who is seeking justice for her client, when prosecutor Stoycos himself violated multiple constitutional rights of mine and Mr. Walker, that led to us being in prison for 20 years and counting.
Prosecutor Stoycos is continuously abusing his power and his endless resources he has at his disposal. He is not tough on crime, he's tough on Innocent Prisoners. Prosecutor Stoycos is doing everything in his power to prevent justice from taking place. I encourage everyone to continue to speak out against my nightmare, invite others to get involved by going to my website and signing my Freedom Petition and whatever else they're willing to do.
On a positive note, I just enrolled in warehouse management trade and started on July 13th. Unfortunately, you're only allowed to miss a couple of days and Prosecutor Stoycos had me temporarily transferred on July 14th … It's extremely hard on Lifers to get into these trades due to the fact that Lifers are placed at the back of the list of ALL vocational classes. I try to further my education every chance I get, so when I do come home, I will be certified in different work.
The month of the hearing has come and left, without me being brought to the courthouse … I'm one of MANY innocent prisoners who endures this non-stop madness in our pursuit of Justice and Freedom. Now that my webpage is almost caught up to speed, I promise prompt updates and as everyone knows that contacted me directly, I personally reply to those in the states and out of the country. For those who can make a financial contribution, everything counts. Take care and let's continue to fight until we achieve Freedom, Justice, and Equality for all innocent prisoners.
"The Pain Within"
Free the Innocent
Lorenzo "Cat" Johnson
[Note: Lorenzo has since been transferred back to SCI Mahanoy and can be reached at his usual address.]
Thank you all for reading this message and please take the time to visit the new website and contribute to Lorenzo's campaign for freedom!
Write: Lorenzo Johnson
301 Morea Rd.
Frackville, PA 17932
Email: Through JPay using the code:
Lorenzo Johnson DF 1036 PA DOC
Directly at LorenzoJohnson17932@gmail.com
- The Team to Free Lorenzo Johnson [freelorenzojohnson.org]
Join the Fight to Free Rev. Pinkney!
On December 15, 2014 the Rev. Edward Pinkney of Benton Harbor, Michigan was thrown into prison for 2.5 to 10 years. This 66-year-old leading African American activist was tried and convicted in front of an all-white jury and racist white judge and prosecutor for supposedly altering 5 dates on a recall petition against the mayor of Benton Harbor.
The prosecutor, with the judge's approval, repeatedly told the jury "you don't need evidence to convict Mr. Pinkney." And ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE WAS EVER PRESENTED THAT TIED REV. PINKNEY TO THE 'ALTERED' PETITIONS. Rev. Pinkney was immediately led away in handcuffs and thrown into Jackson Prison.
This is an outrageous charge. It is an outrageous conviction. It is an even more outrageous sentence! It must be appealed.
With your help supporters need to raise $20,000 for Rev. Pinkney's appeal.
Checks can be made out to BANCO (Black Autonomy Network Community Organization). This is the organization founded by Rev. Pinkney. Mail them to: Mrs. Dorothy Pinkney, 1940 Union Street, Benton Harbor, MI 49022.
Donations can be accepted on-line at bhbanco.org – press the donate button.
For information on the decade long campaign to destroy Rev. Pinkney go to bhbanco.org and workers.org (search "Pinkney").
We urge your support to the efforts to Free Rev. Pinkney!Ramsey Clark – Former U.S. attorney general,
Cynthia McKinney – Former member of U.S. Congress,
Lynne Stewart – Former political prisoner and human rights attorney
Ralph Poynter – New Abolitionist Movement,
Abayomi Azikiwe – Editor, Pan-African News Wire
Larry Holmes – Peoples Power Assembly,
David Sole – Michigan Emergency Committee Against War & Injustice
Sara Flounders – International Action Center
MESSAGE FROM REV. PINKNEY -
I am now in Marquette prison over 15 hours from wife and family, sitting in prison for a crime that was never committed. Judge Schrock and Mike Sepic both admitted there was no evidence against me but now I sit in prison facing 30 months. Schrock actually stated that he wanted to make an example out of me. (to scare Benton Harbor residents even more...) ONLY IN AMERICA. I now have an army to help fight Berrien County. When I arrived at Jackson state prison on Dec. 15, I met several hundred people from Detroit, Flint, Kalamazoo, and Grand Rapids. Some people recognized me. There was an outstanding amount of support given by the prison inmates. When I was transported to Marquette Prison it took 2 days. The prisoners knew who I was. One of the guards looked me up on the internet and said, "who would believe Berrien County is this racist."
Background to Campaign to free Rev. Pinkney -
Michigan political prisoner the Rev. Edward Pinkney is a victim of racist injustice. He was sentenced to 30 months to 10 years for supposedly changing the dates on 5 signatures on a petition to recall Benton Harbor Mayor James Hightower.
No material or circumstantial evidence was presented at the trial that would implicate Pinkney in the purported 5 felonies. Many believe that Pinkney, a Berrien County activist and leader of the Black Autonomy Network Community Organization (BANCO), is being punished by local authorities for opposing the corporate plans of Whirlpool Corp, headquartered in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
In 2012, Pinkney and BANCO led an "Occupy the PGA [Professional Golfers' Association of America]" demonstration against a world-renowned golf tournament held at the newly created Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. The course was carved out of Jean Klock Park, which had been donated to the city of Benton Harbor decades ago.
Berrien County officials were determined to defeat the recall campaign against Mayor Hightower, who opposed a program that would have taxed local corporations in order to create jobs and improve conditions in Benton Harbor, a majority African-American municipality. Like other Michigan cities, it has been devastated by widespread poverty and unemployment.
The Benton Harbor corporate power structure has used similar fraudulent charges to stop past efforts to recall or vote out of office the racist white officials, from mayor, judges, prosecutors in a majority Black city. Rev Pinkney who always quotes scripture, as many Christian ministers do, was even convicted for quoting scripture in a newspaper column. This outrageous conviction was overturned on appeal. We must do this again!
To sign the petition in support of the Rev. Edward Pinkney, log on to: tinyurl.com/ps4lwyn.
Contributions for Rev. Pinkney's defense can be sent to BANCO at Mrs Dorothy Pinkney, 1940 Union St., Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Or you can donate on-line at bhbanco.org.
* "FBI interferes with exhibit of work by the renowned Native American artist Leonard Peltier" (2015-11-14, International Leonard Peltier Defense) [www.whoisleonardpeltier.info]:
An art exhibit commemorating National Native American Month at the state Department of Labor and Industries building, Tumbwater, Washington, is being dismantled in response to complaints received from law enforcers.
"This is overt government censorship and it's unconstitutional," said Peter Clark, co-director of the International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee.
"Former agents of the FBI, joined by State police officers, have imposed their personal views on the citizens of the State of Washington. It's ironic that in celebration of Native American Month, the government is suppressing freedom of expression by a Native American. But everyone should be alarmed by this occurrence. Once you allow the censorship of an artist by government, you give it the power to censor everyone."
Those opposing the installation of the artwork were not offended by the content, which reflects Native American culture, but the artist. Leonard Peltier, who maintains his innocence, was convicted in connection with the 1976 shooting deaths of two agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota.
"We are certain that had Peltier gone to trial with his co-defendants, who were acquitted on grounds of self defense; had he been allowed to present all of the evidence in his defense; had a racist juror exposed during trial not been allowed to remain on the panel; and had critical ballistics evidence reflecting his innocence not been withheld, Leonard Peltier would be a free man today."
Appellate courts have repeatedly acknowledged evidence of government misconduct in the Peltier case?including knowingly presenting false statements to a Canadian court to extradite Mr. Peltier to the United States, and forcing witnesses to lie at trial. The federal prosecutor has twice admitted that the government "can't prove who shot those agents".
According to the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals "the FBI used improper tactics in securing Peltier's extradition from Canada and in otherwise investigating and trying the Peltier case." The court concluded that the government withheld evidence from the defense favorable to Peltier "which cast a strong doubt on the government's case," and that had this other evidence been brought forth "there is a possibility that a jury would have acquitted Leonard Peltier".
As late as November 2003, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals acknowledged that "Much of the government's behavior at the Pine Ridge Reservation and its prosecution of Leonard Peltier is to be condemned. The government withheld evidence. It intimidated witnesses. These facts are not disputed."
Imprisoned for nearly 40 years, Peltier, 71 years old and in declining health, has been designated a political prisoner by Amnesty International. Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, 55 Members of Congress and others, including a judge who sat as a member of the court in two of his appeals, have all called for Peltier's immediate release.
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]
* "L.A.’s water board seeks to buy key delta lands" (2015-11-10, sfgate.com) [archive.is/o9WlI]
* "Oak-planting blitz underway in Napa" (2015-11-30, napavalleyregister.com) [archive.is/uYhV8]
* "Oil leak may have contaminated Bay Area drinking water supplies" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/NHdda]
* "San Francisco Bay weighs tougher air rules for refineries" (2015-11-30, AP Newswire) [archive.is/nFERh]: San Francisco Bay officials are considering what they say are the toughest emission rules in the nation for oil refineries.
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District heard Monday from the public and from managers of the area's five petroleum refineries about the proposed tightening of pollution standards. Air quality officials say the five refineries collectively are the biggest industrial polluters in the Bay Area. The air board is seeking to reduce refinery emissions 20 percent by 2020.
Managers for Shell and other refineries told the board Monday that tighter rules would cost them hundreds of millions of dollars. Air quality regulators maintain the actual cost would be $20 million a year, which they say is less than 2 percent of refineries' annual profits.
The board is scheduled to vote Dec. 16.
* "Groups Demand Delta Water Plan Before Permits for Jerry Brown's Tunnels" (2015-11-25, by Dan Bacher, Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/bm80a]
* "The Extinction Governor Rips the Green Mask Off His Tunnels Plan" (2015-04-27, truth-out.org) [archive.is/smsfC]
* "Tom Hayden Greenwashes Governor Brown’s Abysmal Environmental Record; Brown has transformed himself into “Big Oil Brown,” one of the worst Governors for fish, water and the environment in California history" (2015-07-14, by Dan Bacher) [archive.is/eu72f]
* "Biodegradable is Bunk: World's 'Ocean Waste Baskets' Still Filled With Plastic Trash; Such products 'will not bring about a significant decrease either in the quantity of plastic entering the ocean or the risk of physical and chemical impacts on the marine environment,' UN report states" (2015-11-20, commondreams.org) [archive.is/9Zr7g]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA: Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
* "Triumph of digital toxicology: why the US won't regulate deadly chemicals" (2015-11-27, theecologist.org) [archive.is/oEG2k]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA: Save The Birds [link]! and the Bees [link]!
A campaign to preserve and expand the habitat and populations of pollinators in the San Pablo Bay Area.
* "Common pesticide could hinder bumblebees’ ability to pollinate plants" (2015-11-19, rt.com) [archive.is/tI3jr]
articles recommended by the
NO NUKES! campaign
[StopNuclearDeath.blogspot.com] [nuclear-news.net] [nukeresister.org] [nukefree.org]
* "US successfully tests nuclear gravity bomb in Nevada following $8bn upgrade" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/Qn9It]
* "Fukushima Fallout: New Report Expects up to 1 Million Cancer Deaths" (2015-11-12, by Christina Sarich) [archive.is/hx7Hm]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY SOVEREIGNTY Think-tank
* "Rotting wood turns Austria's poorest town into green model" (2015-11-28, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/Islfd]
NORTHBAY ENTHEOGENIC FREEDOM
* "Army Vet Faces Felony For Helping Other Veterans Treat PTSD With Cannabis; A US Army veteran came home to face the struggle of PTSD. To combat its symptoms, he turned to various drugs, some of which he nearly overdosed to death on. Eventually, he found one that worked – marijuana" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/XpEs0]
articles recommended by the Committee for
Protect Earth's Sentient Life!
* "US gov't halts biomedical research on chimpanzees" (2015-11-19, rt.com) [archive.is/PHk0Q]
* "Fishy feeling: New study reveals fish really do have feelings" (2015-11-28, rt.com) [archive.is/DZLNe]
* "World Trade Organization Puts Dolphins At Risk" (2015-11-20, sierraclub.org) [archive.is/vr8tQ]
ANIMAL RIGHTS: Save the Whales!
* "333 whales per year? Japan fleet sails out for ‘scientific’ research despite UN ruling" (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/10gFa]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
[UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits.
* "Why the Rise of Fascism is again the Issue" (2015-02-26, by John Pilger) [archive.is/JiOkm]
* "Pro-Democracy Group Warns of Secret Right-Wing Push to Rewrite Constitution; 'This is a national train wreck that must be stopped,' says Common Cause" (2015-12-02, commondreams.org) [archive.is/nyOTt]
* "Report: 20 Wealthiest in U.S. Own More than Bottom Half" (2015-12-02, accuracy.org) [archive.is/yh94L]
* "Mind-Blowing Inequality as America's 20 Richest Own More Than Bottom Half; Study of Forbes 400 finds nation's wealthiest own more wealth than the bottom 61 percent of the country, or 194 million people" (2015-12-02, commondreams.org) [archive.is/Bp86Q]
* "The Richest 20 Own More Than Half The People" (2015-12-02, commondreams.org) [archive.is/aJ9GN]
* "Have We Hit Peak Wealth Inequality? 20 billionaires now have more wealth than half U.S. population" (2015-12-02, commondreams.org) [archive.is/K6Phr]
* "The Fed’s New Bailout Rule Expands Its Powers Rather than Limiting Them" (2015-12-01, wallstreetonparade.com) [archive.is/xk81d]
* "One Chart That Should Make Americans Wake Up" (2015-11-18, wallstreetonparade.com) [archive.is/yrv41] [begin excerpt]: Above is the Capacity Utilization rate for total industry in the United States since the 1960s. This is a measure of how much of our productive capacity at plants and mines and utilities are actually being used in response to demand. Lower rates of utilization mean there is too much slack in the economy with not enough people able to afford to buy the goods or output that could be produced at 100 percent utilization. Low and declining levels of capacity utilization are completely consistent with high levels of income inequality. This also invariably leads to plant closings, layoffs, and, thus, a continuing vicious cycle of less disposable income, more slack, more layoffs, more plant closings.
If America was truly on the right track, would our plants and utilities have been operating at 85 percent of capacity in the 70s, 80s and 90s, and now only operating at 77.5 percent as of this October – despite trillions of dollars spent on unprecedented fiscal stimulus, Fed loans to Wall Street and three rounds of quantitative easing since the crash?
Wall Street’s money grab is crippling America and our children’s future and ill-conceived trade deals by the power elite are accelerating the downward trend. [end excerpt]
* "Major Wall Street banks accused of massive collusion" (2015-11-26, rt.com) [archive.is/aSXAA]
* "An Uncivil War Is Raging on Wall Street Among the Biggest Players" (2015-11-19, wallstreetonparade.com) [archive.is/VdQNn] [begin excerpt]: Until March 30, 2014, most Americans and even long-term veterans on Wall Street had no idea how the electrical plumbing responsible for transacting buy and sell orders at stock exchanges and other trading platforms actually worked. That all changed on March 30 when author Michael Lewis went on 60 Minutes and told its 12 million viewers that “The United States stock market, the most iconic market in global capitalism is rigged.”
Lewis was promoting his new book, Flash Boys, which detailed in language the public could easily understand, (devoid of the intentionally cryptic acronyms used across Wall Street) how the stock exchanges, mega Wall Street banks and high frequency traders were conspiring through technology to front run orders from unknowing investors.
In the 60 Minutes interview with Steve Kroft, Lewis drilled down to how the legalized theft had escaped the notice of so many market watchers: “If it’s so complicated you can’t understand it, then you can’t question it,” said Lewis.
At first, the Securities and Exchange Commission denied that the markets were “rigged” and simply tried to ride out the public uproar. Then it decided to create an Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee, effectively bringing together in one room the Wall Street people involved in the mad-scientist technology and market rigging devices to hash it out in a public venue.
The Committee most recently held a meeting on October 27, where slurs, barbs and accusations were thrown at opposing sides by meticulously tailored men using their most polite voices.
Jamil Nazarali, head of Citadel Execution Services, landed the best insult of the day with this gem directed at the stock exchanges: “This industry is the only one that I am aware of where a for-profit public company regulates its customers and competitors. And I understand that you guys think that that’s important but what is it that you guys do that someone else couldn’t do. All those regulatory functions that you described, why couldn’t some other entity do that? Why does it have to be within your four walls?” [end excerpt]
* "Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance" (2014-04-15, forbes.com) [http://is.gd/QlC0Se]
Bob Avakian writes: Unbelievable as it may seem, in the 21st century there are still people-including people in positions of power and authority-who are determined to force women to bear children, regardless of the situation, the feelings, and the better judgment of those women themselves. That is a way of enslaving women to the dictates of an oppressive male supremacist, patriarchal system; and that is what the cruel fanatics who are determined to deny women the right to abortion are really all about.
* "The Dark Money Behind the Elizabeth Warren “Commie” Ad" (2015-11-16, wallstreetonparade.com) [archive.is/rIzFM]
* "Chick-fil-A Just Dropped A Huge Bombshell That Will Change Everything For Police In America" (2015-11-09, qpolitical.com) [http://is.gd/Uo33oK]: With all the controversy surrounding the #BlackLivesMatter movement, it’s rare for a company as massive as Chick-fil-A to take a stand – but they have.
A counter movement has come out of the media wreckage called #PoliceLivesMatter that urges citizens to respect police and understand that they are here to serve and protect, and that if you abide by the law and cooperate like a mature law-abiding citizen, you’ll be protected.
Chick-fil-A issued “Back The Blue” t-shirts to it’s employees to help bring support to our law enforcement officers.
Chick-fil-A said they wanted to show support for #PoliceLivesMatter because they are serving us on the streets every day and that a lot of negative derogatory rhetoric has come their way over the past few months.
* "Oil Jobs Lost: 250.000 And Counting, Texas Likely To See Massive Layoffs Soon" (2015-11-23, oilprice.com) [archive.is/rH4KP]
* "These 7 Household Names Make a Killing Off of the Prison-Industrial Complex" (2015-08-30, by Kelley Davidson, usuncut.com) [archive.is/pagft] [begin excerpt]: While almost every business in America uses some form of prison labor to produce their goods, here are just a few of the companies who are helping prisoners pay off their debt to society, so to speak.
- Whole Foods. The costly organic supermarket often nicknamed “Whole Paycheck” purchases artisan cheese and fish prepared by inmates who work for private companies. The inmates are paid .74 cents a day to raise tilapia that is subsequently sold for $11.99 a pound at the fashionable grocery store.
- McDonald’s. The world’s most successful fast food franchise purchases a plethora of goods manufactured in prisons, including plastic cutlery, containers, and uniforms. The inmates who sew McDonald’s uniforms make even less money by the hour than the people who wear them.
- Wal-Mart. Although their company policy clearly states that “forced or prison labor will not be tolerated by Wal-Mart”, basically every item in their store has been supplied by third-party prison labor factories. Wal-Mart purchases its produce from prison farms where laborers are often subjected to long, arduous hours in the blazing heat without adequate sunscreen, water, or food.
- Victoria’s Secret. Female inmates in South Carolina sew undergarments and casual-wear for the pricey lingerie company. In the late 1990’s, 2 prisoners were placed in solitary confinement for telling journalists that they were hired to replace “Made in Honduras” garment tags with “Made in U.S.A.” tags. Victoria’s Secret has declined to comment.
- Aramark. This company, which also provides food to colleges, public schools and hospitals, has a monopoly on foodservice in about 600 prisons in the U.S. Despite this, Aramark has a history of poor foodservice, including a massive food shortage that caused a prison riot in Kentucky in 2009.
- AT&T. In 1993, the massive phone company laid off thousands of telephone operators—all union members—in order to increase their profits. Even though AT&T’s company policy regarding prison labor reads eerily like Wal-Mart’s, they have consistently used inmates to work in their call centers since ’93, barely paying them $2 a day.
- BP. When BP spilled 4.2 million barrels of oil into the Gulf coast, the company sent a workforce of almost exclusively African-American inmates to clean up the toxic spill while community members, many of whom were out-of-work fisherman, struggled to make ends meet. BP’s decision to use prisoners instead of hiring displaced workers outraged the Gulf community, but the oil company did nothing to reconcile the situation.
From dentures to shower curtains to pill bottles, almost everything you can imagine is being made in American prisons. Also implicit in the past and present use of prison labor are Microsoft, Nike, Nintendo, Honda, Pfizer, Saks Fifth Avenue, JCPenney, Macy’s, Starbucks, and more. For an even more detailed list of businesses that use prison labor, visit buycott.com, but the real guilty party here is the United States government. UNICOR, the corporation created and owned by the federal government to oversee penal labor, sets the condition and wage standards for working inmates. [end excerpt]
* "Busted: WikiLeaks to Release Tapes of White House-Linked Corruption Scandal; WikiLeaks to publish a trove of classified audio files said to shed light on $1-billion corruption schemes with links to an as-yet-unidentified White House administration" (2015-11-16, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Kvt0i]
Despite profits in the billions, a USA-based energy monopoly is mercilessly firing thousands of workers because the company does not have enough money...
* "Chevron to cut more than 6,000 jobs worldwide" (2015-10-30, sfgate.com) [archive.is/3tPj4] [begin excerpt]: Chevron, based in San Ramon, gave no indication where most of the cuts would fall among its global workforce of 64,700. The company employs 3,200 people at its headquarters and another 3,300 elsewhere in the Bay Area, most at its Richmond refinery.
CEO John Watson said the layoffs are necessary because of the sustained slump in crude oil prices. Long stuck at or above $100 per barrel, global oil prices plunged last year and have yet to recover. Crude oil futures traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange closed Friday at $46.59. “The grim reality is, when you have oil prices in the 40s ... it’s tough sledding,” Watson said Friday. “I can’t control prices. I can only control my costs.”
Chevron announced the layoffs while reporting a third-quarter profit of $2 billion ($1.09 per share), down from $5.6 billion ($2.95) during the same period last year. Revenue slid from $54.7 billion in the third quarter of 2014 to $34.3 billion in the most recent three months. [end excerpt]
* "Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand? Lower cognitive abilities predict greater prejudice through right-wing ideology" (2013-04-22, psychologytoday.com) [archive.is/i2bJO]
Organized criminal organizations have existed within the USA since the days of it's beginning, but the recent unparalleled acceptance and celebration of these organizations, and their influence over popular culture, allows even members of a certain Mafia clique to venture forward as protectors of "American Culture".
* "Gangs of New York: Sicilian mafia offers Big Apple protection from 'psychopathic' ISIS" (2015-11-22, rt.com) [archive.is/4iXMf]
The War on Drugs was started to disrupt the Revolutionary People's Movement of the USA in the 1970s, and if, instead of the war, the USA government instead spent $1 trillion dollars fulfilling the demands for a revolution to uphold human rights and an end to economic dictatorship, the effort would have met with stiff resistance by staunch fascists in the USA. Instead, fascists applaud the money that is spent on a war against the People.
* "Over $1 Trillion Spent On The War On Drugs Since Nixon Started the Effort; The war on drugs has surged through the veins of American life for decades costing the nation more than $1 trillion" (2015-11-15, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/4HlRA]
* "Who owns space? US asteroid-mining act is dangerous and potentially illegal" (2015-11-25, theconversation.com) [archive.is/D2p8W]
* " ‘Tough choices’ required: Real US debt over $65 trillion, former GAO chief says" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/bImhq]
* " 'Disappointing But Not Surprising': All US State Governments Plagued by Corruption, Secrecy; Corruption and malfeasance are rampant in state governments throughout the United States, according to the latest edition of the State Integrity Index, a data-driven assessment by the Center for Public Integrity and Global Integrity" (2015-11-09, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Eb7Bk]
* "Louisiana governor signs law to block suits against oil industry" (2014-06-06, latimes.com) [archive.is/TsQ4U]
* "Ask for Your Free Jerry Brown Oil Map from Department of Conservation" (2015-11-11, by Dan Bacher, Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/oFH8t]
* "Texas Mother Teaches Textbook Company a Lesson on Accuracy; Publisher promises revisions after textbook refers to African slaves as workers" (2015-10-05, nytimes.com) [archive.is/muxvB]. Photo caption: The page in a McGraw-Hill Education geography textbook that refers to Africans brought to American plantations as “workers,” rather than slaves. View entire photo here [archive.is/s0w1a].
* (2015-11-29): I was talking to a Catholic bible group study young man yesterday out of town and he brought up how Planned Parenthood was bad and killed babies and how he saw videos on Facebook, how soon our country would be killing 3year olds. How things are going down hill, gay people getting married, people not having children and using their money for bad entertainment and things instead of using money for their family. It was at a birthday party. I decided to calmly disagree with everything he said. If we are not careful about what sort of information we spread, we can create a culture of hate and ignorance, which feeds terrorists.
* "Right-Wing Hysteria Explodes as American Mosques Face Angry Protests and Hate Over Past Week" (2015-11-24, alternet.org) [begin excerpt]: Since the attacks in Paris, Islamophobia has increased in the European Union, with a 300 percent increase [archive.is/jlbC7] in hate attacks against Muslims in the United Kingdom. But this wave of hate is also taking place on the other side of the Atlantic, in the U.S.
Here's a roundup of recent incidents.
Connecticut: Someone shot at the Baitul Aman mosque in Meriden, leaving its exterior riddled with bullet holes [http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-meriden-malloy-prayer-service-1121-20151120-story.html]. No one was hurt.
Virginia: In Fairfax County, a man left a hoax explosive device outside a mosque [archive.is/00uiC]. And in Spotsylvania, local Muslims presenting a plan for a mosque were met with angry protests, including a muscular man who screamed at the presenters, telling them to shut up. “Every Muslim is a terrorist,” he frothed [archive.is/129jj]. Watch the footage of the meeting here: [youtube.com/watch?v=d8blvgdZN6Q].
Texas: In Pflugerville, a mosque was vandalized with a torn-up Quran covered in feces found outside. A seven-year old boy responded to the vandalism by giving the contents of his piggy bank to the mosque [archive.is/OkiTz]. In Irving, a group of armed men (and Ted Cruz supporters) showed up outside a mosque to protest the “Islamization of America” [http://is.gd/Pn3i0G]
Wyoming: In Gillete, militia members visited one of the four mosques in the state, seeking to inspect it for signs of radicalism [http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/group-wary-of-new-mosque-and-any-refugees-in-gillette/article_5b46be7c-e1d5-5ae3-8ce1-4a158b40f6f8.html]. [end excerpt]
USA residents are shown propaganda that presents compelling descriptions of the violence of other people, yet which also censors the USA's mass-murder of millions and support for totalitarianism across the world. Instead, the USA's presence worldwide is justified as being for the protection of what is presented as "USA values".
* "Americans think Islam is 'at odds' with US values, see discrimination against Muslims" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/vtoyp]
USA FASCISM: Military State
* " 'Support the Troops' as Propaganda Weapon? Conversations with David Swanson, Stan Goff, and Joshua Key" (2015-11-13, by Michael Welch and David Swanson, globalresearch.ca) [archive.is/ITgfo]
* "Pratt & Whitney Wins $214Mln Maintenance Contract for F-35 Jets - Pentagon; United Technologies Corporation Pratt & Whitney has won a new $214 million contract for jet engines maintenance for the over-cost and troubled F-35 stealth fighter bomber, the US Department of Defense announced" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/GWrbc]
* "Space Training Transformation is underway" (2015-11-30, afspc.af.mil) [archive.is/rsw4O]
* "American Mercenaries: Who are they?" (2015-11-16, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/n4Liz]
* "Watchdog group says 80% of Army contracts duplicate gov’t services" (2015-11-21, rt.com) [archive.is/6s0Ku]
* "Total Loss: USAF Scraps ‘Brand-Spanking-New’, $115 Mln AC-130J Ghostrider Gunship; The US Air Force (USAF) has lost one of its brand-spanking-new AC-130J Ghostrider Gunships, which had to be scrapped after a test-flight went horribly wrong: the crew lost control and “momentarily inverted”, losing approximately 5,000ft (1,500 m) of altitude. No one was killed during the crash, but the asset suffered $115 million worth of damage" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/I4PfM]
* "Commercial space industry avoids regulation until 2023 once Obama signs new bill" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/XQ133]
* "SpaceX poised to win first US military satellite launch as rival backs out" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/OQKTB]
* "Child sex offenders largest group of inmates in military prisons" (2015-11-18, rt.com) [archive.is/VcvB1]
USA FASCISM: Two Party Dictatorship
* "Qualified to run the country?" (2015-11-29, UPI Newswire) [archive.is/pIoGA] [begin excerpt]: At this moment, and it may quickly fade, four candidates are the leading contenders to win the Republican presidential nomination next year: Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.
In terms of experience, none brings extraordinary or even entry-level qualifications to serve as the nation's chief executive. Two have no government experience, which to some Americans is important, and no one would choose a surgeon with such an empty resume. And two have not served enough time in the U.S. Senate to warrant an experienced stamp of approval. [end excerpt]
* "5 Powerful Members of Congress Who Benefit Most from Koch Contributions" (2015-11-24, ivn.us) [archive.is/Wz51d]
This is "democracy" in the USA...
* "Mississippi state election settled by 'drawing straws' " (2015-11-21, bbc.com) [archive.is/b58uw]
* "North Carolina Voting Site Changes Harm African Americans’ Ability to Vote; Authorities in the US state of North Carolina have changed the locations of many early voting sites last year, making it harder for minorities to participate in the electoral process, a new study by the data analysis firm Insightus revealed" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/AjpJt]
* "The Republican Party Is Now America's Largest Hate Group; Led by Donald Trump, the GOP has abandoned its traditional dogwhistles in favor of a more overt approach to racism" (2015-11-30, alternet.org) [http://is.gd/stOvMn]
* "Rubio: ‘God’s rules’ trump Supreme Court decisions" (2015-11-25, thehill.com) [archive.is/YPFjk]
* "Hypocrite Chris Christie Caught Hiding 10,000 Emails From Federal Investigators" (2015-11-12, occupydemocrats.com) [archive.is/nwlte]
* "GOP Email Scandal Explodes As Chris Christie Accused of Hiding 9,428 Emails And Documents" (2015-11-12, politicususa.com) [http://is.gd/sUk8lU]
A while back Chris Christie said he'd volunteer to prosecute Hillary for her missing emails. "Which is all very ironic since it is now Chris Christie who is in hot water – for some very real crimes. You may recall the “Bridgegate” scandal of a few years ago, where Chris Christie used his powers as governor to shut down the busiest bridge in the world in order to punish his constituents for voting against him. Shortly afterward, the Department of Justice opened an investigation to prosecute Christie for his vision of governance, which includes embezzling taxpayer funds and awarding no-bid contracts to family members. The icing on the cake is the fact that just hours after the debate, prosecuting lawyers filed briefs accusing Christie and his cronies of “inappropriately” hiding documents"
Ben Carson is currently the most popular Republican Party candidate for nomination as their official choice for the office of President of the USA. He is a self-described "African-American", yet his grasp of African history is based on the narrative
* "Carson says, wrongly, that Thomas Jefferson crafted the Constitution" (2015-11-24, politico.com) [archive.is/e5FQE]. Yes, the most popular Republican Party candidate for nomination to the Office of the President of the USA does not know history, presenting himself as easily manipulated by falsehoods.
* "Ted Cruz: 'The Overwhelming Majority Of Violent Criminals Are Democrats' " (2015-12-01, talkingpointsmemo.com) [archive.is/740iG]
* "Ted Cruz Says Christians Aren't Terrorists, But US Statistics Say Otherwise; Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said Sunday that only Christian refugees from Syria should be accepted in the US because, unlike Muslims, they don’t pose any “meaningful risk” of committing terrorist acts. We have some figures we’d like you to take a look at, Mr. Cruz" (2015-11-17, putniknews.com) [archive.is/NuXSM]
* "Math is Hard: Ted Cruz Fumbles Number of Agencies He Wants to Eliminate; During Tuesday night’s US presidential debate, Texas Senator Ted Cruz delivered an unexpectedly strong performance. But that doesn’t mean there weren’t a few bumps along the way, most notably when Cruz couldn’t remember the names of all five critical government agencies he’s definitely, absolutely, undeniably thought long and hard about gutting" (2015-11-12, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/dhHob]
* "Colorado GOPer: Planned Parenthood Is The 'Real Culprit' In Shooting" (2015-12-01, talkingpointsmemo.com) [archive.is/tuvgV]
* "Ted Cruz Describes Alleged Planned Parenthood Shooter As ‘Transgendered Leftist Activist’ " (2015-11-29, thinkprogress.org) [http://is.gd/4rVWrC] [begin excerpt]: Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is the latest presidential candidate trying to downplay the role anti-abortion rhetoric may have played in motivating the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs Friday afternoon. When a reporter asked him at an Iowa campaign stop Sunday evening about suspect Robert Lewis Dear saying he was motivated by “no more baby parts,” Cruz countered that he’s also been reported to be a “transgendered [sic] leftist activist.”
Cruz explained, “We know that he was a man registered to vote as a woman.” This discrepancy on Dear’s voter registration was first reported by The Gateway Pundit, a self-described “right-of-center news website,” under the claim that he “identifies as [a] woman.” Conservatives have since run with the claim that Dear is transgender.
There is actually no evidence to suggest that he is transgender, nor a “leftist,” nor any kind of activist. In fact, all of the available information suggests he was none of those things.
As the New York Times explained, Dear was very much a recluse, the type “that preferred to be left alone,” living in various single-wide trailers and cabins since his divorce in 2000. Neighbors did not know him well, and if they did, it’s because he would lash out at them when they tried to interfere with his business, like reporting him for mistreating his dogs.
None of the people interviewed about Dear had anything to say about his gender identity. Nothing about his appearance nor any past reports of his identity suggests that he identifies as a woman. The voter registration form identifying him as female is the only discrepancy, making it most likely a typo and nothing more. [end excerpt]
* "The Political Motivations Of The Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect, Revealed" (2015-11-28, thinkprogress.org) [http://is.gd/wndfMi]
* "Does Donald Trump campaign signal a rise of fascism in the United States?" (2015-12-03, newcoldwar.org) [archive.is/bSWTB]
* "This is fascism and we should say it clearly... while we can" (2015-11-29, dailykos.com) [http://is.gd/4Djmcc]
* "Donald Trump's alarming skid toward outright fascism" (2015-11-24, theweek.com) [archive.is/gj4iF]
* "Donald Trump’s creeping fascism needs to be rejected; It’s time for the Republican Party and the American people to call out and condemn Donald Trump for his xenophobia and race-baiting. His message, much of it predicated on lies, needs to be rejected" (2015-11-24, by Seattle Times editorial board) [archive.is/jr3kK]
* "The Man Beaten And Choked At A Donald Trump Rally Tells His Story" (2015-11-23, thinkprogress.org) [http://is.gd/jkSVed]
Having personally reviewed the information, Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's approval of the following informations indicates two facts: (1) Donald Trump approves of the sentiment in the statistical graph, no matter if he knew it is true or not. (2) Donald Trump's absolute ignorance of the real world shows that he is easily manipulated by extreme racists.
* "Donald Trump's Neo-Nazi Re-Tweet Sparks Calls for Boycott; Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Sunday tweeted a blatantly false, racist graphic that originated with a Hitler-admiring neo-Nazi" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/8qv10]
* "Trump Retweets Bogus Crime Graphic" (20105-11-23, factcheck.org) [archive.is/dBNXY] [begin excerpt]: Trump retweeted a bogus graphic purporting to show the percentage of whites killed by blacks and other homicide data delineated by race. Almost every figure in the graphic is wrong, some of them dramatically so.
Trump’s Twitter account retweeted [archive.is/fMgDH] the graphic on Nov. 22 without any explanation. The image shows a man hidden behind a bandanna pointing a gun under the heading “USA Crime Statistics — 2015″ and next to statistics that purport to show homicides by race. [end excerpt]
* "The Urban Legends Behind Trump's 9/11 Cheering Story" (2015-11-23, talkingpointsmemo.com) [archive.is/SL3UH]
* "Fox News' Steve Doocy: 'I Actually Remember' Muslims Cheering On 9/11" (2015-11-30, talkingpointsmemo.com) [archive.is/8JZnA]. The News host is attempting to support the claim by Donald Trump that he say thousands of Muslims in the streets cheering. The News host, though, claims not to have seen anyone cheering, but heard "from a neighbor" that someone cheered. And this is news worthy to mention to millions of viewers, influencing them to believe what Donald Trump says.
* " In less than 5 months, Bernie Sanders has risen 24% in polling data for the 2016 Democratic Nomination, while Hillary has fallen 9%" (2015-11-20, ouramazingworld.org) [archive.is/PZdCo] [begin excerpt]: It has been made public that Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was the former co-chair of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign. Interestingly, the Democratic Primary debate schedule and rules seem to favor the well-known establishment politician Hillary Clinton. In addition to the questionable dates selected below, Wasserman-Schultz and the DNC has limited the candidates to only 6 debates for the entire 2016 Democratic Primary. Moreover, the DNC will punish any candidate who debates outside of the 6 scheduled debates. [end excerpt]
* "Did You Know There’s a Dem Debate Tomorrow? No, Because Debbie Doesn’t Want You To" (2015-11-13, mediaite.com) [archive.is/FYSZi]
* "Hillary Helps a Bank—and Then It Funnels Millions to the Clintons; The Wall Street Journal’s eyebrow-raising story of how the presidential candidate and her husband accepted cash from UBS without any regard for the appearance of impropriety that it created" (2015-07-31, theatlantic.com) [archive.is/mYZwK]
* "Hillary’s Wall Street Money Taint Goes Viral" (2015-11-17, wallstreetonparade.com) [archive.is/qhtGm]
* " 'Terrorism for Dummies': Clinton’s Neo-Conservativsm Is Simply Dangerous" (2015-11-20, commondreams.org) [archive.is/Kl7HU]
* "Hillary Clinton’s ISIS strategy: More bombs, ‘intelligence surge,’ and no-fly zone" (2015-11-20, rt.com) [archive.is/equc8]
Hillary in the picture of the board of directors of Walmart...She fought the Walmart employees attempt to form a Union.
USA FASCISM: State Media Watch
* "US Represents Cautionary Tale about Media System Dominated by Market Values; Until corporate libertarianism is dismantled, it is difficult to achieve an effective “media democracy” which protects collective rights held by publics, audiences, and communities over the individual rights of corporations" (2015-11-25, commondreams.org) [archive.is/dHS4i]
* "Media Should Not Make Money" (2013-06-07, by Atul Singh, Founder & Editor-in-Chief, Fair Observer) [archive.is/NIdOM] [begin excerpt]: The decline of the media owes itself to many causes. Poor education systems have lowered the demand for quality media. At the same time, there is a supply problem. The old media model that funded quality journalism is dead. In developed markets such as the US, people no longer flip through newspapers every morning. Instead, they go online, where Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and a host of websites compete for their attention. Advertising, once the mainstay of newspaper revenues, has fled to Google. The giant search engine is in reality an advertising company that matches advertisements with individual interests far more effectively than any newspaper. Even venerable institutions such as the San Francisco Chronicle are tottering. While there seems to be a new surge towards subscriptions, the jury is still out whether the New York Times or Financial Times model of charging readers online is going to work.
Simply put, budgetary pressures are eviscerating media companies. Among others, CNN shut down its investigative team. Foreign correspondents are no longer affordable, and local experts are not contacted to replace them. For every person who works at a newspaper, there are four people working in PR. Consequently, press releases often masquerade as newspaper articles. We live in an age of spin and TV channels such as CNN and Fox News hire good looking anchors rather than incisive, intellectual interlocutors. The metrics for evaluating a media company are reach and revenues. This popularity contest and quest for cash is triggering a race to the bottom. Few sources of information are credible anymore.
Given the dire state of affairs, the question arises whether the "for profit" model for quality journalism is the right one. The philosophical premise of capitalism is that managers should maximize gains for shareholders. Gooey eyed academics and their acolytes like to talk about other stakeholders and corporate social responsibility, but what essentially matters is the price of a company's stock. If media companies are "for profit" companies, a conflict between two contending principles is inevitable. These companies will be torn between maximizing returns to shareholders and fulfilling their duty to inform the public. [end excerpt]
* "Pentagon Must Be Thankful for the Turkey Washington Post Gave Its Readers" (2015-11-26, fair.org) [archive.is/k3DnR]
* "In New York Times, Blue Eyes ‘Wince and Cloud’ at the Terror of a ‘Gentle Loner’ " (2015-11-30, fair.org) [archive.is/c6J3D]
* (2015-11-30) [archive.is/bsCUe]: It would appear they have scrubbed this language from the original article without further comment.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the New York Times' coverage of the Planned Parenthood terrorist: "gentle loner"
Note: I want to point out that in reference to Michael Brown, NYT wrote "he was no angel".
Words matter. Descriptions matter. This is code speak at its most dangerous.
* "Murdoch’s Sun slammed for wrongly claiming 1 in 5 Muslims supports ISIS" (2015-11-23, rt.com) [archive.is/HigIy]
* "Deja Vu All Over Again: US Senate Claims Country Losing 'Media War' to RT and Sputnik; The issue of countering Russian foreign language media was addressed at the US Senate hearings on reforming US overseas broadcasting on November 17" (2015-11-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/NBGdj]
* "Western Media Use Made-Up Facts to Promote Anti-Russia Propaganda; Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that Western media use made-up data to promote an anti- Russia propaganda campaign" (2015-11-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/uPfEb]
USA FASCISM: Artificial Poverty and Starvation
* "500k+ homeless in US, numbers rise in New York, other big cities" (2015-11-21, rt.com) [archive.is/ZanFD]
* "Millennials will be poorer than their parents – Institute for Fiscal Studies" (2015-11-19, rt.com) [archive.is/nxtH7]
* "Debt Serfdom in America: Spiralling Household Debts, Mortgages, Credit Cards, Student Loans" (2015-11-11, by Liaquat Ali Khan) part 1 [archive.is/20ywV]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
* "The Global Financial System: Can You Handle the Ugly Truth? Fraud in the Gold Market" (2015-11-29, by Bill Holter, globalresearch.ca) [archive.is/COKj3]
* "Energy Revolution Is Possible... And It Would Only Take 782 Rich People To Pay For It; Less than 800 of the world's wealthiest people could power half the world with 100 percent renewable energy within 15 years, says forthcoming report" (2015-11-20, commondreams.org) [archive.is/g07AR]
* “And the Billionaires Are Laughing Somewhere in America” (2015-11-26, by Felicity Arbuthnot) [archive.is/0LV4E] [begin excerpt]: Just two examples, the US and UK. In the US six corporations own 90% of the media – but these corporations in turn must satisfy their shareholders – each one who holds them financial hostage to the tune of million of dollars.
The list of investors is long [archive.is/PJx0Y] but a few examples (2013 figures):
* Oppenheimer funds Inc $67,258,000
* BlackRock Institutional $89,631,000
World’s largest asset manager; also owns 4.7 million shares NY Times
* Mellon Capital Management Corp. $50,205,000
* JPMorgan Private Bank $47,750,000
Gannett owns USA Today and local newspapers & TV stations in 37 US states including the Detroit Free Press, Indianapolis Star and Cincinnati Inquirer. Just one of many mega investors is JP Morgan Asset Management who hold 21,915,328 shares at a 2013 value of $330,702,000.
In the UK there are twelve major newspaper groups:
“Over a quarter (27.3 per cent) of the press is owned by Lord Rothermere and 24.9 per cent by Rupert Murdoch – between them these two men have over 50 per cent of the printed press.” [archive.is/DXxOZ] Figures are also from 2013.
Nine of these groups are supporters of David Cameron’s Tory Party which enjoined in murdering Libya’s Leader, near all his family and small grandchildren, reducing the formerly flourishing country to a ruined, failed state – with large swathes of the British public buying into the murderous carnage thanks to the war fever drummed up by the Cameron backing media.
This pattern of ownership is broadly replicated throughout the West where now the same misrepresentation of Syria is in journalistic overdrive. [end excerpt]
* "Corporate Parasites And Economic Plunder: We Need A Genuine Green Revolution" (2015-11-25, by Colin Todhunter) [archive.is/V48is]
* "Delays in cutting emissions set to cost developing countries hundreds of billions of dollars more" (2015-11-25, oxfam.org) [archive.is/IdN45]
* "APEC Business Council Calls on States to Ratify TPP as Route to FTAAP; According to the head of Australia’s ABAC delegation, APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) is calling on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) member states to ratify the deal as soon as possible" (2015-11-16, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ZM899]
* "Renegotiating TPP Trade Deal ‘Simply Impossible' - White House Official; The United States will not seek to renegotiate the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement, despite pressure from critics, White House Senior International Economics Director Rory MacFarquhar told the press" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/DjL6I]
* "One Bank to Rule Them All: The Bank for International Settlements" (2015-10-13, Devon Douglas-Bowers) [archive.is/ZpIBA]
* "IMF Reform Allowing More Loans to Kiev 'Risky Proposition' - Russian Envoy; International Monetary Fund (IMF) reforms that will allow Ukraine to continue borrowing while simultaneously not paying back a loan to a sovereign creditor is a "risky proposition," the Russian envoy to the European Union said" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Wd96P]
* "US, Canada, Ukraine reject UN resolution condemning glorification of Nazism; Moscow ‘bewildered’ " (2015-11-21, rt.com) [archive.is/ctP98]
* "Reformed, Discplined and Humiliated UNESCO" (2015-11-20, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/fh3ui]
* "Robots coming to steal half your jobs, Bank of England warns" (2015-11-13, rt.com) [archive.is/K7oyq]
* "HARDER, STRONGER, RICHER: TEETH-LADEN FASHION FOR THE 1%" [archive.is/fGWMI]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: Weapons for a New World Order
* "World’s First 3D-Printed Superlight Jet-Powered UAV Revealed; Aviation company Aurora and 3D printer manufacturer Stratasys have presented what may become a game-changer in the aerospace industry - the world’s first jet-powered superlight unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), constructed of 80% 3D-printed material" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/jvcTx]
* "Is it a meteor, or…? US social media explodes after huge blast is heard in four states" (2015-11-20, rt.com) [archive.is/hytfd]
* "Captagon: The Jihadist’s Drug" (2015-11-27, theantimedia.org) [archive.is/JbbKk] [begin excerpt]: United Kingdom — Dubbed the “jihadist’s drug,” Captagon is rapidly flooding the Middle East and is said to be fueling the bloody conflict in Syria. French media recently reported that the Paris attackers may have taken the drug.
Last weekend, Turkish anti-narcotics police seized 11 million Captagon pills in a haul that weighed almost two tonnes. It was set to ship to Gulf countries. Widely banned since the mid-eighties, the pills provide a cheap and long-lasting high and are highly addictive. They also have the potential to cause psychosis and brain damage.
The production of the drug, which keeps fighters awake over long periods of time, is said to be providing income for all factions involved in the Syrian war.
During the last year, shipments of Captagon have been seized on the way to the West Bank, Jordan, Sudan, Syria and the Gulf. In October, Anti-Media reported on a Saudi prince who was arrested for trying to smuggle two tons of the drug onto a plane.
As Syria has been engulfed in war, smugglers of the little-known, highly addictive pills have been forced to find alternate routes through Lebanon.
Lebanese journalist Radwan Mortada has spent 10 years investigating crime, corruption, and the war in Syria. In his documentary for Journeyman Pictures, The Drug Fueling Conflict in Syria, Mortada follows the Captagon trail, from users on the battlefields to traffickers on Lebanese smuggling routes to the kingpins at the top of the supply chain.
“There was no fear anymore”
Since the Syrian war began, police in the region have continued to seize record-breaking numbers of the pills. Lebanon’s biggest haul to date was a whopping 50 million tablets with a street value of $300 million, weighing over 4 tonnes, en route to Dubai.
In Mortada’s documentary, men in Beirut are shown crushing the pills and chopping them into lines. They describe the effects as “better than cocaine” and “really strong and like morphine — for really strong pains.” Their experience points to why Captagon has become the drug of choice for some Syrian fighters.
“There was no fear anymore after I took Captagon,” one ex-fighter said. [end excerpt]
* "Google, Facebook in race to build high-altitude aircraft" (2015-11-28, mercurynews.com) [archive.is/OEnlG] [begin excerpt]: Titan Aerospace, bought by Google last year, is experiencing some turbulence on its way to the stratosphere.
In its quest to build a solar-powered drone that can beam the Internet down to Earth from 12 miles above, Titan is racing to beat a sleek rival, Facebook's boomerang-shaped Aquila plane, which is complete and awaiting testing over the United States.
Tech giants Google and Facebook are dabbling in experimental aviation for the same reason they have invested in undersea cables and communications satellites: They hope to connect a larger portion of the world's people to the wonders -- and advertising -- of the Internet. [end excerpt]
* "Raytheon moves forward with Multi-Object Kill Vehicle program" (2015-11-20, UPI Newswire) [archive.is/9TkYZ]
* "Quantum Spin Could Create Unstoppable, One-Dimensional Electron Waves; New theory points the way forward to transform atom-thin materials into powerful conductors" (2015-11-18, bnl.gov) [archive.is/lcInK]
* "Weather Warfare: Beware the US Military’s Experiments with Climatic Warfare; ‘Climatic warfare’ has been excluded from the agenda on climate change" (2007-12, by Prof Michel Chossudovsky, The Ecologist) [archive.is/TVskC]
* "Planetary Weapons and Military Weather Modification: Chemtrails, Atmospheric Geoengineering and Environmental Warfare" (2014-02-01, by Rady Ananda) [archive.is/KOHgJ]
* "Chemtrails. The Realities of Geoengineering and Weather Modification" (2015-11-08, by James F. Tracy) [archive.is/ZZOhE]
* " ‘Smaller than a credit card’: Tiny supercomputer could mean self-flying drones" (2015-11-12, rt.com) [archive.is/W6NFE]
* "R&D boot camp: NASA’s humanoid robots go to universities for special space training" (2015-11-18, rt.com) [archive.is/q5N5x]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: #OPDeathEaters [WorldFascists.blogspot.com]
Hollywood culture. Standardized for the world. This was the weapon that spread the USA empire. Wow. And the cultural influence makes entire nations seem to accept sex-slavery of a certain tight-knit type of family, so as it is in hollywood, so it is across the world.
* "Miley Cyrus Wears Prosthetic Penis & Bares Breast In Shocking Concert Outfit" (2015-11-20, hollywoodlife.com) [archive.is/tsmqq]
* Lyrics and music to "Californication" by rock music band The Red Hot Chili Peppers (of California) [youtube.com/watch?v=JQYJRw4R4-Q]
* "62K girls converted underage Urfi marriage to official in 2014: CAPMAS" (2015-10-28, thecairopost.youm7.com) [archive.is/hcoJr]
* "Closed US Military Courts Shield Extent of Child Sex Abuse; Child sex offenders are the largest category of inmates in US military prisons, a damning Associated Press investigation has revealed. Yet, full disclosure of their crimes and sentencing is denied by the closed system of American military justice" (2015-11-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/b1zYB]
* "More Scandal for Obama’s Top Protectors: Agent Arrested for Sexting With ‘Child’; A Secret Service agent has been arrested after soliciting an undercover officer that he believed to be a 14-year-old girl, as well as sending her sexually explicit photos, and requesting the same from her -- all while he was on duty at the White House" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/n9wm6]
* "Ex Pro Footballer Lifts Lid on African Child Trafficking and Prostitution; There are concerns for the welfare of the estimated 15,000 young boys trafficked from Africa on the promise of a career in football, after a former English Premier League player spoke of how he was tricked into traveling to the UK and forced into male prostitution" (2015-11-20, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/m439u]
* "Fake ambulances smuggle £1.6bn of cocaine & heroin into UK" (2015-11-28, rt.com) [archive.is/CdaQc]
information collected by the
SOLANO PEACE, JUSTICE, AND FREEDOM COALITION
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights, and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.is/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.is/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.is/U1Ota].
* "United States Military Agents Are Policing 147 Different Countries in 2015, 75% Of The Planet" (2015-11-15, countercurrentnews.com) [http://is.gd/j4reOO]
* "The Power Principle - Corporate Empire and the Rise of the National Security State" (2012), watch the video documentary at [http://is.gd/RUElEJ]:
This documentary is about the foreign policy of the United States. It demonstrates the importance of the political economy, the Mafia principle, propaganda, ideology, violence and force.
It documents and explains how the policy is based on the interest of major corporations and a tiny elite to increase profits and the United States governments own interests in maintaining and expanding it's imperialistic influence.
Inside the United States this has been made possible with a propaganda of fear for the horrible enemies like the Soviet Union, Communists and so on and a love for "free markets", "democracy", "freedom" and so on. Externally (and increasingly internally) this has caused massive poverty and suffering, genocide, war, coups, crushed unions and popular movements and environmental destruction.
This massive documentary does a stellar job of mapping the mass violence and hypocrisy of plutocracy and nation building. Make no mistake, the nation that is being discussed is the United States of America.
Major corporations: we are talking about YOU. Major corporations are controlling the government of the United States of America. This is not a mere conspiracy theory. Many of the top politicians in the country have gone on record -- as if it is nothing new, or offensive -- to talk about the close connections between campaign fundraising, policy, and politician. It is a problem on both sides of the political line.
Inside the United States this has been made possible with a propaganda of fear for the horrible enemies like the Soviet Union, Communists and so on and a love for "free markets", "democracy", "freedom" and so on.
Please visit the film makers website for more information, films, etc. http://metanoia-films.org/
The Power Principle: Empire-part 1:
An Introduction to the Empire; Iran -- Oil and Geopolitics; Guatemala -- the "merger of state and corporate power"; The Congo -- Neocolonialism; Grenada -- "The Mafia Doctrine"; Chile -- "libertarianism with a small l"; Globalization: Consequences.
1945: Grand Area Strategy; Fascism: a "rational system of the plutocracy"; Case Studies: the Greek Communists; The Italian Communists; the Spanish Anarchists; Fascism's Western backers; Trading with the Enemy; Fascism as "preservation of civilization"; the Cold War and "A Century of Fear".
The Power Principle: Propaganda-part 2:
The Soviet Menace?; Case Studies: El Salvador, Nicaragua; Propaganda: Self-Deception and blowback; The "International Communist Conspiracy"; Declassified Documents; NSC 68; The Pentagon as Keynsian Mechanism; The Military Industrial Complex; The War against the Third World; Shifting rationales; What is imperialism?; Case Study: Haiti; "War is a racket".
Fear-based conditioning - The War of the Worlds, The Triumph of the Will; World view Warfare; The Russians are coming; Television: The "perfect propaganda medium"; Soviet vs. American propaganda; Hollywood and the Pentagon; Psywarriors and the media; Operation Mockingbird; The Pentagon Pundits; Project Revere; The Bomber Gap; "scare the hell out of them".
The Power Principle: Apocalypse-part 3:
Mutually Assured Destruction; MAD men - Curtis Lemay and the super hawks; MAD men - Hermann Kahn and the Rand Corporation; Over flights as provocation; Cuba: the "danger of a good example"; terrorism against Cuba; "Unconventional warfare"; the Cuban Missile Crisis and the "man who saved the world".
Why did the Soviet Union collapse?; Gorbachev: a "more violent, less stable world"; the Pentagon's New Map; Did Ronald Reagan end the Cold War?; The Brink of Apocalypse: Able Archer; The betrayal of Russia; The expansion of NATO; Yugoslavia and Libya; the Yeltsin coup; Living standards in the former Soviet Union; A third way?
* "US Has Killed More Than 20 Million In 37 Nations Since WWII" (2015-11-27, popularresistance.org) [archive.is/J1utl]
* "The Ideology of Humanitarian Imperialism" (2015-11-27, counterpunch.org) [archive.is/LLuyj]
* "State Terrorism: Franco-American Style" (2015-11-27, by Prof Michel Chossudovsky and Bonnie Faulkner) [archive.is/kurDc]
* "Ten years on, Iraq Lies in Ruins as New Evidence confirms U.S. used Death Squads to Manufacture ‘Civil War’ " (2013-03-19, by Joe Quinn) [archive.is/oDuae]
* "The killers are everywhere, but love endures" (2015-11-27, intrepidreport.com) [archive.is/ZX8H6] [begin excerpt]: Here in the United States we live in a systemic bubble of denial, pretending that we, through our government, aren’t killing innocent people throughout the world, that we are not a terrorist state, that we have not created terrorists by our systematic violence around the world. We wallow in our innocence and await change through elections. But our elections are about choosing the lesser of two killers.
People talk about elections as if killers weren’t involved. Americans care about their candidates. But what about the victims of their candidates—can they picture them dead? They think the lesser of two evils is not evil, as if Hillary Clinton is different from a Republican rival, Obama different from George W. Bush. All the while we spread deadly violence around the world and create its reciprocation in the process. I think of Fr. Daniel Berrigan’s words after the burning of draft files by the Catonsville Nine on May 17, 1968, to protest the American savagery in Southeast Asia.
"Our apologies, good friends, for the fracture of good order, the burning of paper instead of children, the angering of the orderlies in the front parlor of the charnel house. We could not, so help us God, do otherwise. For we are sick at heart; our hearts give us no rest for thinking of the Land of Burning Children. . . . We say: Killing is disorder; life and gentleness and community and unselfishness is the only order we recognize." [end excerpt]
* "Why We’re Sliding Towards World War" (2015-11-25, washingtonsblog.com) [archive.is/vnnpj]
* "Private contractors operate Air Force drones, complicating civilian role in war" (2015-11-28, rt.com) [archive.is/ARMK9]
* "Court Rules Dark Secrets of US Drone Strikes Can Be Kept Hidden; Documents were unsealed on Monday revealing that a federal appeals court ruled that the United States Justice Department can keep their drone killings secret" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9jDVw]
When Drone Whistleblowers are Under Attack,
What Do We Do?
STAND UP, FIGHT BACK!
We honor Stephan, Michael, Brandon and Cian!
These four former ex-drone pilots have courageously spoken out publicly against the U.S. drone assassination program. They have not been charged with any crime, yet the U.S. government is retaliating against these truth-tellers by freezing all of their bank and credit card accounts. WE MUST BACK THEM UP!
Listen to them here: [youtube.com/watch?v=43z6EMy8T28]
PLEASE HELP THEM:
1. Sign up on this support network [facebook.com/events/1502272456740302/]
2. Sign this petition NOW [change.org/p/barack-obama-congress-attorney-general-loretta-lynch-protect-the-drone-assassination-program-whistleblowers]
3. Call and email officials TODAY, listed below and on FB site.
4. Ask your organization if they would join our network, and to endorse the following.
Statement of Support for Drone Whistleblowers
(Code Pink Women for Peace: East Bay, Golden Gate, and S.F. Chapters 11.28.15)
Code Pink Women for Peace support the very courageous actions of four former US drone operators, Michael Haas, Brandon Bryant, Cian Westmoreland, and Stephan Lewis, who have come under increasing attack for disclosing information about “widespread corruption and institutionalized indifference to civilian casualties that characterize the drone program.” As truth tellers, they stated in a public letter to President Obama that the killing of innocent civilians has been one of the most “devastating driving forces for terrorism and destabilization around the world.”* These public disclosures come only after repeated attempts to work privately within official channels failed.
Despite the fact that none of the four has been charged with criminal activity, all had their bank accounts and credit cards frozen. This retaliatory response by our government is consistent with the extrajudicial nature of US drone strikes.
We must support these former drone operators who have taken great risks to stop the drone killing. Write or call your US Senators, your US Representatives, President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, and CIA Director John Brennan demanding that Michael Haas, Brandon Bryant, Cian Westmoreland, and Stephan Lewis be applauded, not punished, for revealing the criminal and extrajudicial nature of drone strikes that has led to so many civilian deaths.
For more information on the 4 Drone Whistleblowers:
- Code Pink Women for Peace: [eastbaycodepink@)gmail.com]
- Must see Democracy Now interview with the 4 drone operators [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43z6EMy8T28]
- "Life as a drone operator: 'Ever step on ants and never give it another thought?' ; In a secluded room at an airbase in Nevada, young men hold the power of life and death over people thousands of miles away. Former servicemen tell their story" (2015-11-19, theguardian.com) [archive.is/KbCG3]
- "Drone Pilots have Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Frozen by Feds for Exposing US Murder; For having the courage to come forward and expose the drone program for the indiscriminate murder that it is, 4 vets are under attack from the government they once served" (2015-11-25, thefreethoughtproject.com) [archive.is/Yh0rc]
* "Don’t Bomb Syria! Thousands protest against proposed UK military action" (2015-11-28, rt.com) [archive.is/tgqBW]
* "Obama signs NDAA, approving $800 million aid to ‘moderate’ Syrians, Kiev" (2015-11-27, rt.com) [archive.is/yWH0u]
The EU (including the UKGB), and NATO (including USA and Turkey), are invading northern Arabia, again, after having sustained the al Qaeda ("Al Nusra") uprising throughout the last decade to destabilize the secular Arab Republic of Syria and the Shia-dominated Republic of Iraq, a destabilization campaign set alongside strategic allies Saudi Arabia and the GCC member states, whose economic masters have given rise to the more recent "ISIL (ISIS)" of the Global Islamic Caliphate.
* "General Allen: US May Be Condemned to Fight ISIL Forever; If the United States fails to address the causes of groups like the Islamic State and al-Qaeda, it will be "condemned to fight forever," said retired General John Allen, the former US Special Envoy to the war against Islamic State" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/2OCIr]
* "No Confidence: Pentagon Doesn’t Trust White House in Bigger War Against ISIL; As the US increases airstrikes in the wake of Friday’s terror attacks in Paris, Pentagon officials are wary of American leadership. If past US military campaigns are any indication, Washington may be unprepared – or unwilling – to conduct the diplomacy necessary for victory" (2015-11-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/CT6u7]
* "Pentagon's War on Terror: Smokescreen for Ambitious Geopolitical Projects? The US' "war on terror" is a covert geopolitical project carried out under a fake counter-terrorism agenda, Canadian author Professor Michel Chossudovsky believes" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/GHfla]
* "This Is Why They Hate Us: The Real American History Neither Ted Cruz Nor the New York Times Will Tell You; We talk democracy, then overthrow elected governments and prop up awful regimes. Let's discuss the actual history" (2015-11-20, alternet.org) [archive.is/PRnqP]
* "The Global Terrorism Index Points Finger at Iraq Invasion; Since the start of the 21st century, there has been a nine-fold increase in the number of deaths from terrorism, rising from 3,329 in 2000 to 32,658 in 2014. And the catalyst for this rise had been the US-led invasion of Iraq, according to the Global Terrorism Index 2015, released today by the Institute for Economics and Peace" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/VAWSS]
* "The place and role of the USA in the modern world order" (2015-11-17, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/zfjlQ]
* "Wars: US Militarist Factions in Command" (2015-11-20, 4thmedia.org) [archive.is/Fti6a]
* "Is Ashton Carter Insane?" (2015-11-17, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/L3Yyw]
* "Guile Replaces The Stick: Washington’s New Approach To Russia: Deception" (2015-11-21, by Paul Craig Roberts) [archive.is/bDHR3]
* "Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia?" (2015-11-16, by F. William Engdahl) [archive.is/CYKwD]
* " 'Charitable' Nature of US Senate: Lawmakers Are Generous When Funding Wars Overseas; When it comes to sponsoring wars across the world, US Senators aren’t a stingy bunch. The US defense budget for 2016 allocated over a billion dollars to military aid to Ukraine and Syrian rebels" (2015-11-12, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/LQl6y]
* "The US Is Still Manipulating the UN After 70 Years" (2015-11-16, marjoriecohn.com) [archive.is/95flM]
* "From Pol Pot to ISIS: The Blood Never Dried" (2015-11-16, by John Pilger) [archive.is/D1HBx]
* "Doubtful Investment: US Spends as Much Money on Allies' Security as it Does to Defend Americans; Washington should reconsider its grand strategy and urge its allies and partners to take responsibility for protecting their security and preserving their interests, US foreign policy expert Christopher Preble notes" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6yKYW]
* "There's No Safety In A Neocon World; When terror struck New York in 2001, what should have been a police operation to arrest Bin Laden instead became a new Thirty Years’ War. None of us are any more secure for it" (2015-11-18, morningstaronline.co.uk) [archive.is/cmDAD]
* "The Cameron-Blair Way Of Going To War" (2015-11-18, forces.tv) [archive.is/xPjXd]
* " 'We’re going to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran..' Video Interview with General Wesley Clark" (2007-03-02, Democracy Now) [http://is.gd/pDTm4A]
* "Ignorance and Indoctrination of Westerners Kills Millions" (2015-11-16, by Andre Vltchek) [archive.is/kc8om]
* "The Rise of the Military Based Empire. Washington, “Military Workshop” of the World; US Militarist Factions in Command" (2015-11-18, by Prof. James Petras) [archive.is/Z9qwF]
* " 'Collective Self-Defense' against ISIS: Politicians in Washington Want NATO Article 5 Invoked for Total War" (2015-11-17, by Stephen Lendman) [archive.is/4RWij]
* "Can Obama Level with the People? Another terrorist outrage – this one in Paris – is spreading fear and fury across Europe. Which makes this a key moment for President Obama to finally level with the American people about how U.S. “allies” — such as Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Qatar — have been aiding and abetting extremists" (2015-11-14, by Robert Parry, consortiumnews.com) [archive.is/cL1vS]
* "Tangled Threads of US False Narratives" (2015-11-19, consortiumnews.com) [http://is.gd/k9ZvXt]
* "US Refines Its False Flag Operations" (2015-11-17, by Paul Craig Roberts) [archive.is/9ynQF]
* "Terror Junkies: The West’s Addiction to Funding Radical Groups" (2015-11-22, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/Aqn0x]
* "Ending the Business of Terror" (2015-11-19, by Gordon Duff) [archive.is/XxfF9]
* "Reward $50,000,000.00 – Dead or Alive" (2015-11-18, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/7dVQK] [begin excerpt]: The gist of Saradzhyan’s argument (before Paris I might add) is that Russia is not some dying third world regional player, as many in Washington and abroad would have you believe. No, Russia is not on the verge of collapse, and Forbes’ most powerful man is playing his cards on the world card table, for all to see. While many “grant clutching” professors simply parroted and pirated State Department lingo for Obama these last few years, people like Saradzhyan did the real work. The assistant director of the U.S.-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism’s paper “Russia’s System to Combat Terrorism and Its Application in Chechnya,” published in the “National Counter-Terrorism Strategies” of NATO Security through Science Series, should give my readers pause. The reason being, if Mr. Saradzhyan knows Russia inside and out, then why doesn’t NATO get it? But they do, don’t you know?
This academia is mentioned prominently in the book, “Russian Foreign Policy: The Return of Great Power Politics,” by Jeffrey Mankoff. While Obama and his British colleagues would like you to classify Russia as the New U-S-S-R, the worst case is something Mankoff calls an “authoritarian democracy.” I only wanted to illustrate using Saradzhyan’s credentials, how wrong we in the west have been about Russia. While this nation does “act” out of regional motivations, the Russian leadership has known since World War II that a place in the world is necessary for Russia to survive. Yes Mr. Putin and other Russians cling to their homeland’s geographic security contingency, but Russia is fully capable of projecting power anywhere she likes. This brings me to comment on the real idiots who contrast experts like Saradzhyan.
Hours after Paris was the victim of the barbarism you see on news feed, Vladimir Putin was planning his talk for the G20. It was a revision, it simply had to be. When I saw him step of the plane in Turkey via an RT report, there was a new doggedness, impatience, some might even call it a bounce in his step. As we learned later on, Mr. Putin knew he held the controlling hand in a dirty card game we’ve all witnessed. France would not stand for more, Russians were just blown out of the sky too, though the public did not know yet. His people, those geniuses that help him win at policy at every turn, they had handed over the “goods” on ISIL ‘s backers, and Putin is now set to play all these cards. This is why he and Obama chatted in a casual but tense session before silent cameras the other day. All this will come out, what I am saying will play out like a movie trailer in the days to come. But here’s the thing, people of the world really need to start understanding Russia. And this won’t be accomplished by listening to CNN or FOX, or by watching White House press briefings either.
Russia does not want to invade Poland. Nor does she need Latvian or Lithuanian bills to pay. Russia has more land than the US and Canada combined, and then some. Russians do not hate anybody, not in my thousands of personal communications with people from every walk of life there. Russia’s armed forces are not rusted and useless, ask ISIL about this in two more weeks. The economy of Russia is not collapsing. While sanctions and money manipulations by Obama and the rest have hurt the people there, I assure you Russians can and will survive ANY hardship. They are like Americans in that way, it’s in their DNA only more acutely remembered. Obama and the bankers who began this pushing for hegemony, they miscalculated badly. What really burns me today though, is that Vladimir Putin was forced to react in this way. Yes, Putin was forced, not the other way around. Back when I spoke before the Sochi Olympics, peace was right there in the palm of Barack Obama’s hand. All he had to do was fly to the Olympics, cut the fool and enjoy a Russian spectacle, by God he’d have been the hero of the waiting world.
But instead, the American president chose the low road, the one frequently travelled by inadequate people. Sure, maybe if he’d bucked the bankers and military industrialists, they might have JFK’d him for sure. But you know what, he’d have been a damned martyr. Generations would say; “Look at that, the first black president had that much courage, that much class. Why, he revered peace and sportsmanship, above all else.”
Sadly, we don’t live in a Hollywood blockbuster where presidents fight their way out of Air Force One. Our presidents don’t beat the shit out of the terrorists personally; they send drones to kill however the hell gets in the way. They sling mud, do their backers’ bidding, and in the aftermath ruin the reputation of a nation, or a great people. Worse still, their policies and lies get other nation’s killed too. A girl at a Paris concert, dead as hell because $10 million dollars a day could not blow up an ISIL oil convoy! A baby in a Russian jet plane form a wonderful vacation, blasted to smithereens because a vast coalition of nations could not get the goddamned job done. This is the epitome of sorry and mediocre. Cowards, psychopaths, soulless narcissists put in charge of our human legacy. [end excerpt]
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
* Trash the TPP & Corporate Takeover
Saturday, December 12, 10 AM - Noon
If you are concerned about democracy, health and the environment, join us in a fight against corporate domination.
More info [www.meetup.com/Unite-to-Fight-Corporate-Rule]
Peace and Justice Center, 467 Sebastopol Avenue, Santa Rosa
7th year vigil for Oscar Grant III
Friday, January 1st, 12 noon to 5pm
At Grant Station (Fruitvale Station) in Oakland, Ca.
7th year vigil commemorating Oscar Grant's life. We ask you to join us in celebrating his life and what has changed since the loss of his life.
7th year vigil for Oscar Grant III
Friday, January 1st, 12 noon to 5pm
At Grant Station (Fruitvale Station) in Oakland, Ca.
7th year vigil commemorating Oscar Grant's life. We ask you to join us in celebrating his life and what has changed since the loss of his life.
The Heru Network presents
Strategies for our Struggles – a spoken word event
Saturday, January 30, 6 to 8pm
At the Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County, 467 Sebastopol Ave, Santa Rosa, California 95401
Some of us have those moments of clarity in our lives when the only direction to go is the one we are forced to take. We can make the best of it or let it overcome us.
Malik “Mista- Malik” Saunders is a California native who spent time growing up in Sonoma County, he is an author, spoken word artist and disability advocate. In 2008 his first book “Serendipity: Memoirs from the Fifth Floor” was published, four years after a life altering accident changed his life forever. Mista- Malik still struggles with healing after the accident, but his raw voice and haunting past inspire people to use their flawed past as a reason to succeed and aim higher. He gives back to the community traveling to schools to warn kids of dangerous situations involving vehicles.
The deal for the night:
** In an evening of inspired spoken word and stories from our featured guest:
Mista- Malik finally returns to the North Bay to enlighten us with spoken word from his new book; “Pain MediZen” is a book of short stories and poems which features local spoken word artists.
- Special guest from the Sacramento area performing
- Local spoken word artist welcomed and encouraged to participate
- Networking opportunities for aspiring spoken word artist
- Another chance to be involved in a cultural event in Sonoma County
- Authors’ books for sale this evening
- The Heru Network will also have items available for donations
You know The Heru Network digs when the community comes out to represent!
So here’s where you guys come in.
**Bring your poems/spoken word of your transformation.**
There is 2 hours of amazing spoken word being shared this evening; are you going to be heard too?
***Signups will be held before the book readings and throughout the evening***
~~ This event will be from 6pm to 8pm
~~ Saturday January 30, 2016
~~ Cost: $ 3 –$ 5 donation to attend
~~ Ages: 12 and older are welcome, may not be suitable for young children.
Please send all questions about the event to: OurLostHistory@yahoo.com
The Geo-political news for Syria and Asia will be posted by Sunday, December 5th
Evaluated by Northbay MDS Committees, serving as a 5th World News services [FifthWorldNews.blogspot.com], more news sites: [ww4report.com] [globalresearch.ca] [southfront.org] [fmso.leavenworth.army.mil] [corpwatch.org]
Containing information on Institutions of Self-Government not recognized by the United Nations, as defined by the USA State Dept.'s legal statement supporting unilateral declarations of independence (2009-07) [.pdf link]: "The legal principle of territorial integrity does not prevent non-state entities from peacefully declaring its independence," and by the legal mandate set by the UN International Court (2010-07-22) [archive.is/mc6sX]: "No general prohibition may be inferred from the practice of the Security Council with regard to declarations of independence,” and “General international law contains no prohibition on declarations of independence."
Quebec nation within the Realm of Canada
* "Massive Rolling Strikes Shut Down Quebec" (2015-11-23, labornotes.org) [archive.is/6gMbO]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.is/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.is/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.is/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.is/nKbSA], religion [archive.is/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, the nation of Nueva Aztlan, the Boriqueno, and of the overseas territories each have their own section separately on this news page.
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.is/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
* "Troy Fletcher, Yurok Tribe's Visionary Leader, Passes Away" (2015-11-25, by Dan Bacher, Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/APufq] [begin excerpt]: Fletcher started his career with the Yurok Tribe as the first Tribal fisheries manager in 1994, according to the Tribe. The Yurok Tribal member and visionary leader ran the day-to-day operations of the Tribal government. He played a prominent part in nearly every important Tribal policy decision, land acquisition, litigation and legislative effort in the last 20 years.
Fletcher, a tenacious Tribal advocate, accumulated a long list of history-making accomplishments, such as sowing the seeds that started the Tribe’s natural resource protection programs, during his time working for the Tribe. While the truly humble human being would never take the credit, Fletcher was responsible for ending a generations-long conflict between many competing Klamath River-based interests, including: farmers, commercial fishers, a power company, environmental groups and other Tribes."
Turning this group of fierce, former adversaries into a cooperative coalition, focused on removing four Klamath dams and creating a plan for equitable water use was just one the many achievements in his storied career.
‘Troy’s integrity and innate leadership skills made him a magnet to all,” said Dave Hillemeier, the Yurok Fisheries Program Manager. ‘We have lost a beloved friend, father, son, husband, mentor, leader, boss and a person respected by those from all walks of life.’
The benevolent boss instilled many positive principles into his employees and empowered them to achieve greatness. He valued initiative and preparedness. Fletcher treated all of the staff fairly and with respect. He emphasized the importance of developing meaningful relationships with representatives of outside agencies.
In Fletcher’s opinion, the Tribe had a right and an obligation to manage all of the lands within Yurok ancestral territory and places that affect the Tribe, such as upriver from its borders. He saw those who opposed him as an opportunity to build a bridge. Before making any decisions involving natural resources, he first asked, “Does this work for fish?”
The leading figure in the campaign to solve the Klamath water crisis also filled an irreplaceable role in the Tribe’s effort to reacquire substantial swaths of land within Yurok territory. His behind-the-scenes work paved the way for the Tribe to procure more than 35,000 acres in the Pecwan and Blue Creek watersheds. Both of these drainages, located in the Tribe’s traditional territory, are culturally invaluable and incredibly important for fish and wildlife populations.
In 1999 Fletcher transitioned to the Executive Director position. As the Fisheries Manager and then as Executive Director, he established the Tribe’s, award-winning Watershed Restoration and Environmental Programs and expanded the Fisheries Program. Today, these programs have more 70 staff that are committed to improving environmental conditions in Yurok ancestral territory.
The universally respected administrator managed more than a dozen departments and 300-plus personnel. Most recently, Fletcher was shepherding a strategy to spur the United States Congress into creating legislation that would broaden the Reservation’s boundaries to include the recent land purchases and increase the Tribe’s role in managing the lands within Yurok ancestral territory. He was also working with representatives of the federal government to release the remaining elements of the Hoopa/Yurok Settlement Act. [end excerpt]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
American Nation, including the State Sovereignty campaigns, and Dominionist Campaigns
* "Purported Ku Klux Klan Activity Causes Distress Across State" (2015-11-19, theskanner.com) [archive.is/xjnag]
* "Shifting the Scapegoat: Armed US Vigilantes Patrol Borders to Keep ISIL Out; Heavily armed US citizens are voluntarily patrolling the country’s borders in an attempt to “keep ISIL out,” led by a man who started such vigils after blaming Mexicans for him losing his job" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6wQwB]
* "'Muslim Sympathizers': Armed Texas Thugs Post Harassment Lists On Facebook; Armed anti-Islam protesters have stepped up their harassment of Muslims outside of Texas mosques since the Paris attacks, but now one group has taken it even further and listed the addresses of dozens of local Muslims and "Muslim sympathizer(s)" on Facebook Tuesday" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/rJISM]
* "Police Have Detained CO Planned Parenthood Shooter, Evacuated Area; Police responded to a call about an active shooter at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood. After a shootout that injured four officers and an unknown number of civilians, police appear to have taken the perpetrator into custody" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Pqc4n]
Regional insights for the lands of
Anahuac, Carib, and Abya Ayla ("Latin" America)
"When the Eagle of the North flies with the Condor of the South, The Spirit of the Land, She will Reawaken".
* English language news [upsidedownworld.org] [narconews.com] [narcosphere.narconews.com] [nacla.org] [coha.org] [cepr.net] [cedema.org].
* Spanish language news [contrainjerencia.com]
* "Peru ethnic group launches autonomous rule bid" (2015-12-01, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/6FwSQ]
* "Wampis Nation of Peruvian Amazon Declares Creation of First Autonomous Indigenous Government in Peru" (2015-11-30, by Forest Peoples Programme) [archive.is/06GEm]
Many nations have found their cultural identity is a profit-making venture for foreigners.
* "Nunavut family outraged after fashion label copies sacred Inuit design" (2015-11-25, cbc.ca) [archive.is/9STPO]
* "Isabel Marant Reportedly Wants to Copyright Indigenous Mexican Design" (2015-11-20, racked.com) [archive.is/oMS3S]
* "Asia-Pacific Free Trade Area Should Override TPP, Other Trade Deals; The Latin American states need to invest in human capital, education and small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), according to a senior Peruvian official who wished to remain unnamed" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/pdfLb]
The fascist dictatorships installed over the Republic of Paraguay is now joined by an incoming fascist regime "democratically" elected to rule the Republic of Argentina. In accordance with USA State Department policy directives, the new regime will now enact hostile measured against members and allies of the Eurasian Union (EEU).
* "Argentina: A Quiet Neoliberal Coup d’Etat in Latin America’s Southern Cone" (2015-12-01, by Peter Koenig) [archive.is/UxZvQ]
* "Last Tango in Argentina: New President Poised to Roll Back Gains for Multipolar World; On Sunday, Argentina held a runoff vote to pick its next president, resulting in a narrow victory for conservative Let's Change coalition candidate Mauricio Macri over his center-left Front for Victory coalition opponent, Daniel Scioli. The question on everybody's mind now is: what should Argentinians, and the world, expect from the new government?" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ixFbd]
* "Correa, MERCOSUR Head Reject Macri Threats to Expel Venezuela from Regional Trading Bloc" (2015-11-25, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/qn4tl] [begin excerpt]: Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa and the High Representative General of the Common Market of the South (MERCOSUR), Florisvaldo Fier, have rejected recent calls by Argentine President-Elect Mauricio Macri to eject Venezuela from the commercial bloc.
Following his electoral victory Sunday, rightwing millionaire Macri reiterated his intention to seek the suspension of Venezuela from MERCOSUR under the bloc’s democratic clause, citing allegations of “abuses” and “persecution” of the country’s opposition.
Jesus Torrealba, leader of the opposition coalition Roundtable of Democratic Unity, announced his support for the comments made by the Argentine president-elect, who has a close relationship with the Venezuelan right.
Macri’s statements, however, met with dismissal on Monday by Fier, who indicated that the democratic clause contained in the 1998 Ushuaia Protocol could only be applied to member states that had undergone an unconstitutional transition, or “democratic rupture”,
In the case of Venezuela, the leading MERCOSUR official noted that no such “democratic rupture” has occurred, adding that any suspension under the bloc’s democratic clause must be approved by consensus. [end excerpt]
* "Argentine President-Elect to Review Nuclear Agreements With Russia, China; The government of Argentine president-elect Mauricio Macri will review nuclear deals with Russia and China signed by the country's outgoing leader, Emilio Apud, energy policy adviser to Macri, told Sputnik" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/3PngN]
* "Russia, Peru to Sign Strategic Partnership Treaty at Paris Climate Talks; Vladimir Putin and his Peruvian counterpart Ollanta Humala will sign a bilateral strategic partnership agreement on the sidelines of the climate conference in Paris" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/B3ZWR]
* "Class character of interstate unions in America" (2015-11-05, iccr.gr) [archive.is/Dla3Q] [begin excerpt]: Let us take the case of NAFTA, against which the Communists have been fighting since 1994, and even before, when it was a project proposed by the government of George Bush. Overall popular class forces, including us, subscribed that Mexico being a dependent country the free trade area meant that Mexico went from being a semi colony into a process of direct annexation by the United States. The struggle perspective stood with the flag of national independence and sovereignty and conceived a broad front with part of the bourgeoisie of the country. If you see the resolutions, declarations issued by PCM then you will find that we had more concern for the future of the industrial manufacturing, textiles, agriculture, small industry, bourgeois facing foreseeable ruin, and you will notice very little reference to the situation of Mexican, Canadian, American and migrant working class. More than two decades later the assessment that history provides allows us to confirm that this approach was wrong, because not only the American monopolies made huge profits, but also Canadian and Mexican monopolies, which strengthened and absorbed the weaker ones in the USA, in the field of telephony, America Movil, and in the mining branch, Industrial Minera Mexico, both dominant Mexican monopolies that plunder, export capital to and exploit workers of the in the US and in Latin America, and have a multifaceted character as they have expanded their investments from telephony to the press, and in general communication services, food, pharmaceuticals, etc. In the case of Industrial Minera Mexico it absorbed several monopolies in the mining and metal-mechanical branch in the US, Peru and Chile. Other instructive examples are the monopoly of the Mexican Bimbo, the food industry, which already dominates the sector in Spain and ventures into China; Construction monopoly ICA, in competition with Brazilian Odebrecht dispute monopoly control of the sector in building roads, bridges and infrastructure; a sobering example is the state monopoly Pemex also locks in that direction, it expanded its line of control in ports and shipyards in Spain. They are not exceptions, you could list other, and check that regardless of nationality monopolies increased their profits, advanced concentrating and centralizing in their field and expanding to others, likewise workers, regardless of nationality, are exploited, impoverished, and are affected by the measures taken by the interstate unions - in this case the NAFTA, to affect their labour rights, reducing them to ashes, devaluing the work and sharpening the capital / labour contradiction, in addition to other measures such as privatization and cutting public sectors of education, health, etc. But not only in the case of NAFTA, Plan Puebla-Panama, bilateral treaties, tried and failed in the FTAA, but also in agreements with the EU, and even in the "alternative" called as MERCOSUR, UNASUR and ALBA, where monopolies of these countries have consolidated as dominant in important branches of agriculture, construction, energy, and also concatenated with blocks, which in the inter dispute with the US, as the case of the BRICS, consider them strategic partners climbing the imperialist pyramid. [end excerpt]
Garifuna nation within the Republic of Honduras
* "Assassination attempt in Honduras linked to Canadian tourism business: Indigenous Garifuna Leader Shot Three Times; Garifuna Land Rights Defender Attacked in Trujillo" (2015-12-02, OFRNAEH) original [archive.is/mJChF], translated [archive.is/Fsk5O]
Republic of Cuba (ALBA member)
According to a recent 2014 poll conducted by PLOS genetics, Cuba's population is 72% European, 20% African and 8% Native American, but according to the Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American studies at the University of Miama, 60% are considered Black. How is it possible that statistics drawn up at a US university, mainly by right-wing Cuban exiles, could be so absurdly wrong to the point it triples the population of Cubans with African descent? These are the same people who claim Cuba suffers from institutionalized racism, which I have seen little to no evidence of.
* "Cuba: Exploring the History of Admixture and the Genetic Basis of Pigmentation Using Autosomal and Uniparental Markers" (2014-07-24, journals.plos.org) [http://is.gd/IF3N60]
Republic of Haiti
* "Defiant Haiti: 'We Won’t Let You Steal These Elections!' " (2015-11-24, counterpunch.org) [archive.is/Ey7YP]
* "New Poll Says 90 Percent of Haitians Suspect Fraud in Recent Elections" (2015-11-19, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/H6ypN]
* "Anatomy of an electoral coup" (haitisolidarity.net) [archive.is/TSyBM]
* "Stop Electoral Coup in Haiti - Stop Terror against those fighting for their vote to be counted; Haitian lives count. Count Haitian votes. Annul Haiti's stolen election. Stop repressing those demanding electoral transparency" (2015-12-01, haitisolidarity.net):
Despite polling data, human rights organizations, media and eyewitness reports of massive fraud in the October 25th Haitian Presidential and Legislative election, the US has refused to condemn the election. And on November 24th Haiti's Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) declared that a functionary of current President Michel Martelly's PHTK Party, Jovenel Moise, along with Jude Celestin, were the top vote getters. The CEP has scheduled a run-off election for December 27th.
Haitians have taken to the streets in the tens of thousands to denounce the election as a fraud and an assault on democracy. SEE VIDEO
[https://www.facebook.com/Kodinasyon-Depatmantal-Lwes-Fanmi-Lavalas-1421526351403611/]. They are asking for international support for their demands including: no to an electoral coup; invalidation of the Oct 25th election and for new and transparent elections to be called. Additionally, Fanmi Lavalas, the party of the popular former-President of Haiti Jean Bertrand Aristide, has formally contested the vote and intends to bring a claim against Haiti's Electoral Council before the Inter-American Commission for Human Rights.
WHAT YOU CAN DO -
Tell US officials that Haiti's stolen election must be declared invalid and new elections held, and that shooting and other repression against Haitians who demand transparency in their election must be stopped. Contact Kenneth Merten, Office of the Haiti Special Coordinator [Phone: 202-647-9510] [Fax: 202-647-8900] [HaitiSpecialCoordinator@) state.gov], and contact the Congressional Black Caucus [202-226-9776].
Violence Against Protesters -
With little or no coverage in the mainstream US media, there is now a terror campaign directed against those calling for democracy in Haiti. Supporters of opposition parties have been shot and killed, and police have attacked demonstrators with tear gas, batons, and live and rubber bullets. In one incident, caught on camera, a unit of the Haitian police called BRI attacked two young men in Rue des Remparts, Port-au-Prince. Here is the link to a graphic and very upsetting video of this crime
In Delmas 2, Port-au-Prince, a pickup truck was found with officially certified voting station tally results. Suspecting fraud, marchers surrounded the truck until a justice of the peace could arrive. Instead of being praised for performing their civic duty, they were attacked by police with tear gas, batons, and gunfire.
Presidential candidate Dr. Maryse Narcisse of Fanmi Lavalas demanded the right to review the tally sheets. The CEP sent the matter to the National Electoral Office of Contestations (NEOC) who selected a sample of Tally Sheets.
The Executive Director of the National Human Rights Defence Network confirmed that irregularities in 98% of the Tally Sheets under review reflected massive acts of fraud aimed at changing the results of the elections and that the beneficiary of the fraudulent Tally Sheets was the candidate of Haiti?s outgoing President Martelly.
While Haiti?s Electoral Decree provides for the expulsion from the race of any candidate who benefits from a finding of fraud, yet the Electoral Council refused to disqualify the government candidate (Jovenel Moise).
The CEP recognized that fraud and irregularities were discovered in a random sampling of Tally Sheets but yet determined further investigation was not warranted and moved ahead to confirm the election result.
CARICOM observers reported, among other things, "intimidation", "too many anomalies", and that "the secrecy of the ballot was compromised". They have called for "more transparency in the processing of the Tally Sheets".
Legislative first round elections held on August 9^th were plagued by fraud and violence with more that 20% of the ballots lost. See
Despite the violence and fraud, the August 9^th election was sanctioned by the US, the UN occupying forces, and the Organization of American States (OAS).
On 5 October, Congresswoman Maxine Waters wrote to US Secretary of State John Kerry, expressing deep concern about Haiti?s 2015 elections in which she stated that many are calling for the resignation of the current CEP and the annulment of the entire first round
Haitians have protested continually against government repression and corruption, and for free and fair elections. It is only because of their pressure that the recent elections took place. They are now fighting for their votes to be honoured. Haitian lives count. Count Haitian votes.
News Coverage and Reports:
*Haitians are rising up against the stolen elections*
Many in Haiti suspect fraud in recent election, poll finds
U.S. Political Intervention in Haiti Has Caused Instability and Aid Efforts Have Largely Failed
Haitian observers: "Massive fraud" in vote
U.S. observers: Haiti?s presidential elections deeply flawed
Center for Economic and Policy Research: New Survey Casts Doubt on Election Results
An Analysis of the Oct 25 Preliminary Results [http://www.cepr.net/blogs/haiti-relief-and-reconstruction-watch/an-analysis-of-the-october-25-preliminary-results]
Haiti Announces Preliminary Election Results but Race Far from Settled
Presidential Elections in Haiti: The Most Votes Money Can Buy*
Summary of the fact-finding human rights and labor delegation to Haiti, re: Presidential and Legislative Elections on October 25, 2015 [http://bit.ly/1RgWa0B]
Towards a Bolivarian Republic of Colombia / Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia - People's Army (FARC-EP)
Communiques [http://is.gd/rRiMnb], English Language: Peace Delegation [farc-epeace.org]; Spanish: [farc-epeace.org] [pazfarc-ep.org] [mujerfariana.org] [resistencia-colombia.org]
* "History of the FARC, Colombia's main rebel group" video [https://youtu.be/TSeIpyHd_Cg]
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (ALBA member)
* "Venezuelan elections, a battle to defend revolution" (2015-11-30, cuba-venezuela.org) [archive.is/66ocY]
* "The Roots of the Current Situation in Venezuela" (2015-11-22, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/kUN2n] [begin excerpt]: The roots of today’s economic problems can be found in Chavez’s efforts already in 2001, to fundamentally reorganize Venezuela’s economy and polity. That is, back then Chavez proved to the country’s old elite that he would not be their pawn and do their bidding as so many presidents before Chavez had done. Instead, in late 2001 he introduced land reform and oil industry reform legislation that touched on the elite’s two most important sources of economic power. In reaction to this move, the opposition launched the April 2002 coup attempt and the December 2002 oil industry shutdown. These efforts at political and economic destabilization provoked a massive bout of capital flight in early 2003. At first, the government tried to counter the capital flight by intervening in the currency market, using its dollars to purchase the bolivar, in order to keep its price stable. However, this caused the central government to lose dollar currency reserves precipitously and so it abruptly changed gears and introduced a fixed exchange rate in March of 2003. [end excerpt]
* "In Venezuela's Upcoming Election, U.S. Seeks Observers it Can Influence" (2015-11-18, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/qBu8p]
* "Maduro threatens jail for ‘bourgeois parasites’ from Heinz" (2015-12-02, rt.com) [archive.is/s8nXu]
* "Opposition Candidate’s Alleged Killer Identified as Mafia Member" (2015-11-30, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/2fIrJ]
* "Maduro Highlights Venezuela’s Human Rights Advances at UNHRC" (2015-11-16, Venezuela Analysis) [archive.is/zv36m]
* "UNASUR Arrives in Venezuela as Parliamentary Campaigns Launch" (2015-11-18, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/t8Eth]
* "Caracas Farmers’ Market Showcases Grassroots Responses to Economic War" (2015-11-14, Venezuela Analysis) [archive.is/AyI63]
* "Assailants Raid Electric Facility in Venezuela’s Tachira State" (2015-11-11, Venezuela Analysis) [archive.is/2hnxN]
* "Exclusive: US Intelligence Spying on Venezuelan Oil Officials" (2015-11-18, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/DhLFc]
* "Snowden Leak Reveals Obama Government Ordered NSA, CIA to Spy on Venezuela Oil Firm" (2015-11-18, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/8gbPW]
* "PDVSA's Role in the Geopolitics of Latin America" (2015-11-18, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Dpym7]
* "The Long War: Venezuela and ExxonMobil" (2015-11-18, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/FuSov]
* "Tracking US Intervention in Venezuela Since 2002" (2015-11-18, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/48cNR]
* "The US Role in the Failed Attempt to Overthrow Hugo Chavez" (2015-11-18, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/UoRCz]
* "Venezuela Calls US Drug Arrest a “Kidnapping,” Denies Links to First Lady" (2015-11-18, Venezuela Analysis) [archive.is/FkPix]
NEW AFRIKAN PEACE MOVEMENT
[NewAfricaPeace.blogspot.com], with the Green Charter Committee, for Pan-Afrikan Solidarity and Liberation!
* "Xi to visit Zimbabwe, attend China-Africa summit" (2015-11-25, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/CFHl7]: On the heels of his visit to France, Xi Jinping will fly to Zimbabawe for a two-day state visit, during which the two countries will sign major deals on infrastructure, investment, cultural exchange and wildlife protection. President Xi will then visit South Africa and attend the China-Africa Cooperation Forum.
"This is a historic summit for China and Africa. So far, over 36 African heads of state and 5 heads of government, 3 Vice-Presidents and the African Union Commission Chairman have confirmed their attendance. This year's forum is the largest so far and its participants are at the highest-level, and it will cover the widest range of issues and see the most deals signed ever," said Zhang Ming, Chinese vice foreign minister.
* "China's Xi heads to Zimbabwe ahead of Africa summit" (2015-12-01, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/WYQIf]
* "China-Africa summit: what to look for beyond the hype and hypocrisy" (2015-11-26, theconversation.com) [archive.is/0KJ3Z]
* "Out of Africa: Will China's Military Displace the US on the Continent? China is apparently set to open its first military base in Africa. The move has already thrilled the US media, which was quick to suppose that it is aimed at 'edging out Western influence in the region and securing access to the continent’s vast mineral resources for itself' " (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/4nD1a]
* "China WIll Boost Anti-Terror Cooperation With African Countries After Mali Attack; According to the Chinese foreign minister, Beijing decided to strengthen bilateral cooperation with African countries in the fight against terrorism and extremism" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/bdnYp]
* "Russia, Angola Will Boost Security Information Exchange - Russian Official; Russia and Angola plan to boost information exchange on the level of the countries' security councils to manage new challenges, in particular that of an increased threat of terrorism, the head of Russia's Security Council, Nikolai Patrushev, said Tuesday" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/xpcUj]
* "Europe Pledges Almost $160Mln on African Development Projects; According to press release, European Commission has pledged nearly 150 million euros ($158.9 million) for its Pan Africa Action Plan projects to support governance" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/kkifV]
* "Does Eleven Plus One Equal Sixty? AFRICOM’s New Math, the U.S. Base Bonanza, and “Scarier” Times Ahead in Africa" (2015-11-17, by Nick Turse, with an introduction from tomdispatch.com) [archive.is/O76f7]
* "In Mali and rest of Africa, the U. S. military fights a hidden war" (2015-11-20, theintercept.com) [archive.is/1YNay]
* "Behind the scenes: US involved in Mali since 9/11" (2015-11-21, rt.com) [archive.is/5qlJN]
* "Oops! Pentagon Unaware of What Terror Groups US is Fighting in Africa; While US army officials said they are fighting some 50 terrorist groups in Africa who pose a threat to national security, it turns out that they are actually unaware of what organizations are on that list, according to the Intercept" (2015-11-21, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fn328]
* "Massive 'development corridors' in Africa could spell environmental disaster; In sub-Saharan Africa, dozens of major 'development corridors,' including roads, railroads, and pipelines, are in the works to increase agricultural production, mineral exports, and economic integration. And, if all goes according to plan, it's going to be a disaster, say researchers. They assessed the potential environmental impacts of 33 planned or existing corridors that would crisscross much of the African continent, opening up vast areas of sparsely populated land" (2015-11-25, sciencedaily.com) [archive.is/YoZtY]
* "Whither Africa in the Global South? Lessons of Bandung and Pan-Africanism" (2015-11-07, via libya360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/XV5uV], (.pdf) [http://is.gd/itWU5f] . Keynote address by Issa Shivji to the International Seminar on The Global South – From Bandung to the XXI Century (September 28-30, 2015), Universidade Federal Sāo Paulo
* "Neo-Colonialism in the 21st Century: The Struggle to Reverse Imperialist Militarism and the Economic Crisis in Africa; Why we need an internationalist perspective on developments in the oppressed nations" (2015-11-08, by Abayomi Azikiwe, libya360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/ebsN2]
* "The Re-emerging African Debt Crisis; As economies face structural challenges due to continuing dependency the cost of borrowing is rising" (2015-11-08, by Abayomi Azikiwe, libya360.wordpress.com) [archive.is/joLRv]
* "14 African Countries Forced by France to Pay Colonial Tax For the Benefits of Slavery and Colonization" (2014-01-28, siliconafrica.com) [archive.is/AQ4r1]
* "Will the West Create its Next Failed State in Burundi? Charles Kambanda told KPFA that the West is trying to create a failed state whose resources will then be easier to control" (by Ann Garrison, KPFA Weekend) [archive.is/hjrP7]
* "The GCC Is Expanding To Eritrea, And It’s Not Good For Ethiopia; Recent media reports indicate that Saudi Arabia and the UAE have contracted Eritrea’s government for assistance in the War on Yemen, using the East African state as a transit and logistics base for their operations, as well as 400 of its troops for cannon fodder in Aden" (2015-11-16, katehon.com) [archive.is/Nfpq3]
* "US, UAE to Take Steps on Libya in Coming Weeks - Kerry; US Secretary of State John Kerry said that the United States and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will take steps towards situation in Libya in coming weeks" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/2nVPf]
* "UAE denies "spying" incident in Libya: report" (2015-11-13, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/EwB8M]
Libyan Intelligence's Page (facebook.com/Alestekhbarat.Allibiya) -
- The Italian Navy entered the territorial waters of Libya off Benghazi... Since when is Italy the custodian of Libya?
- [archive.is/84R46]: Italian General Paulo Serra has become the guardian of Libya by order of the United Nations, to bring Libya under guardianship as though they were in the era of adrys snoussi and independence bogus.
- [archive.is/vAdsn]: The Picture of a libyan sleeping in the passenger terminal in front of the school of " Ali heir " in Tripoli now that they have been expelled from the house of disabled persons!!
- Kidnapping Republic Bank branch manager at Tripoli airport earlier today. "A neo-Liberal near the airport"
- Multiple problems in Tripoli tonight. Become normal in the most prestigious militias.
* (2015-11-04) [archive.is/XIjh0]: The return of car queues at petrol stations in #Tripoli again
* (2015-11-06): Clashes between militias and Zintan kikla result in a number of deaths and injuries.
* (2015-11-08) [archive.is/YyXyS]: Kars winter frost did not tolerate and we Mtdvian in our homes
And our brothers and our elders and our women and children of the people of Tawergha exiles from their own city tax criminality militias February 17, their children die from winter cold.
Winter bitterly and frost has not granted work we mtdfỷ in our homes
And our brothers, our elderly and our sick women and children from tạwrghạ’ exiled from their city tax delinquency militias, February 17, their children will die from the cold of winter.
* (2015-11-09) [archive.is/rkg0j]: Flight unidentified reconnaissance aircraft in the skies of Tripoli
* (2015-11-11): The closure of a number of schools in Tripoli and teachers sit-in as a result of unpaid salaries. The NATO "February Revolution" has spread ignorance and messed with our Public Education.
* (2015-11-13) [archive.is/hpGHo]: Fire unknown reasons conviction in the OS market area of Tripoli in conjunction with the incursion of Misrata gangs in the Western Region last two days!
* (2015-11-16) [https://www.facebook.com/Alestekhbarat.Allibiya/videos/898435573524912]: Rebel militias in the battle of NATO forces in Tripoli and review its muscles on the Libyan people.
* (2015-11-16) [https://www.facebook.com/Alestekhbarat.Allibiya/videos/vb.267151173320025/898429106858892]: You gave as qaddafi this child's money even cheer in his name!
The year that the loss of the security and safety in Libya and deny the children from their schools making them are nostalgic to their father their leader muammar al-Gaddafi.
* (2015-11-18): Columns of armed militias of Misrata track and heading towards Tripoli were seen in the city shortly before five. 41 cases occurred in the kidnapping and within two days, including three university professors in Tripoli.
* (2015-11-20): Hear the sound of intermittent explosions in Alkarzabih air base in the vicinity of Sirte, Libya. Citing the mass channel.
* (2015-11-21): The report from BBC [archive.is/aGKh9] pointed out that it was the detention of thousands of individuals in prisons and centers and other detention officially fall under the supervision of the so-called Ministry of Justice, Defense, Interior and in the centers under the direct management of armed groups amid numerous reports of "torture and other ill-treatment."
* (2015-11-21): Close the emergency department and hospital emergency educational angle to protest the abuses by militias in February 17 criminal and lack of medical materials and repeated security breaches doctors and staff
* (2015-11-22): One of rats killed in Misrata clashes bin Ghashir Palace area in the capital Tripoli and the wounding of two others from Misratah militias, which led to the closure of all roads leading to the area in question.
* [archive.is/qtCJr], chart comparing the purchasing power of Jamahiriya currency before the so-called NATO "February Revolution" of 2011, and the the purchasing power of the "New Libya" currency after the "February Revolution":
February revolutionary worshiping his flag, expecting gifts from above
The February revolution has placed on trial those very same socialist Jamahiriya leaders who gave Libya the greatest quality of life in Africa
Only Ghadhaffi and the Jamahiriya gave Libya the greatest currency and quality of life
Meet the Great Leaders of the New Libya of the February Revolution
* (2015-11-13, from Matt Florence):
The CPGB-ML was booted out of the Stop the War coalition for its support of Libya and its ruthless criticism of opportunists and imperialists within the coalition. National officer for the Stop the War coalition John Rees wrote that there "will be no tears for the end of the Gaddafi regime". Now the Stop the War coalition prints articles on the suffering of refugees drowing in the sea.
So in the end John Rees was wrong, there are tears for the end of Gaddafi. Tears of the Libyans who drown in the sea thanks to NATO, and the crocodile tears of the Stop the War Coalition leadership who inadertantly spread imperialist propaganda on Libya and Syria. This is what happens when you put Socialist Workers Party and Labour Party politicians in charge of the anti-war movement, they paralyse it. This is an article written by John Rees (national officer for the Stop the War Coalition) on Libya: "Gaddafi loses, but who wins?" (2011-08-22, by John Reese, counterfire.org) [http://web.archive.org/web/20151114060025/http://www.counterfire.org/articles/51-analysis/14504-gaddafi-loses-but-who-wins-nato-tripoli-libya].
From the very beginning the CPGB-ML saw straight through the colour revolutions in Libya and Syria. People thought we were mad but now our position is common place. When the Libyan war was in swing, we sent Harpal Brar and a solidarity contingent to Libya. Watch "Harpal Brar visits Libya" [www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQVpHLHqpCA]. Harpal Brar, the chairman of the CPGB-ML, visits Libya during 2011 to express deepest solidarity with the people of Libya in their fight against imperialism.
* "Labour, Libya and Stop the War Coalition" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLwekGuitc]
* "Libyan rebel ethnic cleansing and lynching of black people" (2011-07-07, humanrightsinvestigations.org) [archive.is/fT6Oc]
* "Libya: 'Rebels' Are Lynching Black Africans" [youtube.com/watch?v=Ah8DqTUS0K4]
Republic of Iceland
* "First They Jailed The Bankers, Now Every Icelander To Get Paid In Bank Sale" (2015-10-30, macedoniaonline.eu) [archive.is/x3ebg]
European Union (EU) / NATO, and EU / USA relations
Documenting economic and political trends across the EU jurisdictions, and international operations.
Maps: Homeland and overseas territories [archive.is/iqAFG], global Exclusive Economic Zone [archive.is/GJkE9]
* "NATO chief on European security: 'This is not a new Cold War' " (2015-11-30, UPI Newswire) [archive.is/CVXzx]
* "Belgium wants unified ‘European CIA,’ cites Paris attacks" (2015-12-01, rt.com) [archive.is/SwFBM]
* "Irish politicians face Christmas jail time for trying to inspect US war planes" (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/T7B2P]
* "Britain leads 7-state Joint Expeditionary Force, mobilizing 10,000 troops" (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/JogRx]
* "EU Condemns China for Pakistan Involvement, Pushes for Syria Intervention; The European Parliament has criticized the Chinese for their involvement in disputed areas of Pakistan, saying such moves by Beijing are disturbing the stability of the region. The condemnation comes in the same week as numerous European states call for increased military intervention in Syria" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/J2EKb]
* "Poland Snubs EU Flag in Sign of Defiance of Brussels Powers; The new Polish Government, under Prime Minister Beata Szydlo, has removed all EU flags from official meetings and photo calls and replaced them with the Polish flag, in a clear sign of a change of policy over its membership of the EU" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ffsZ5]
* "Hungary's Orban Calls EU Liberalism a 'Sclerotic Ideology' ; Hungarian PM Viktor Orban has poured scorn on European liberalism, insisting that a change in Europe is necessary. He called for a new EU constitutional convention that restores more powers to nation states and weakens Brussels" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/34UWO]
In the EU Republic of Greece, a Leftist Political Party was elected on a platform against debt and austerity. This platform nearly lead to an association with the Eurasian Union, but instead there was a "coup" by pro-EU capitalists who have now ensured massive amounts of debt with EU banks.
* "Athens strikes deal with creditors to unlock €12bn - minister" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/QGSMP]
* "Communist nostalgia in Eastern Europe: longing for the past; Why is communist nostalgia on the rise in Eastern Europe, and is it more than just a passing fad?" (2015-11-10, opendemocracy.net) [archive.is/2Xs12] [begin excerpt]: Within the present-day Eastern European context, nostalgia refers to an increasingly positive outlook on the pre-1989 communist past.
Reasons for this include the safety and security ensured under state socialism and the major social and economic developments propelled by the command economy. Other factors contributing to this nostalgia are the failures and uncertainties of the existing system of capitalist liberal democracy that now engulf Eastern Europe. Communist nostalgia, therefore, is a growing phenomenon in the post-communist states of Eastern Europe due to the successful progress and advances made before 1989 and the failed transition and unmet expectations of so-called ‘freedom’ and capitalism.
State socialism prompted massive and unprecedented social and economic developments throughout the region. Before elaborating on these advances, however, a misconception originating in the West about the ordinary lives of Eastern Europeans during the Soviet era must be addressed.
After WWII, the West constantly viewed Eastern Europe as a giant prison camp of 90 million people under communist repression with the U.S. Congress even passing an arbitrary resolution denoting them as “captive nations”. This might have been true throughout the Stalin years but not so since the late 1950s. Until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, the President of the US was required every year to declare something called Captive Nations Week. At the time the people of Eastern Europe did not consider themselves as being held “captive” and even laughed at the term. [...]
Not only did the communist system succeed in transmitting socialist values to the populations of Eastern Europe, but also in industrialising and transforming their economies. Huge developments in infrastructure, manufacturing and industry dominated the scene all over Eastern Europe, which was largely agrarian and underdeveloped before WWII. [...]
Under the communist system of social development there was also substantial expansion of post-secondary education in a number of university and college level institutions as well as an increase in the numbers of students. The most preeminent example was Poland, where the number of post-secondary institutions exploded from 28 in 1939 to 89 in the late 1970s, while the number of students grew from 14 per 1,000 (before WWII) to 145 per 1,000 in 1977.
Most Eastern European students before 1989 obtained some kind of government assistance covering tuition, residence and books. These scholarship programmes and grants did, however, vary from country to country, as did the number of students receiving financial aid. In all the Eastern Bloc countries, grants and scholarships were given based on both family incomes and academic performance. Although education and healthcare constituted only part of the public services offered to Eastern Europeans, they were fundamental social initiatives for the communist regimes.
This outstanding level of economic and social progress, especially in healthcare and education, is fundamental to the growing disillusionment and distaste for the capitalist system in contemporary Eastern Europe. Conducting a comprehensive public opinion poll in the 1990s, sociologist Stephen White acquired survey data denoting the rising public support for the socialist system in comparison with the situation following political and economic reform.
The social and economic downturns following the transformation have produced major public disapproval - these surveys indicate that substantial segments of the populations in Eastern Europe find life worse under post-Soviet conditions. Most people in these countries have gained an appreciation for the many positive features of the Soviet system: the role of the state over employment, the provision of social welfare, equality and public order. According to the same surveys, post-communist rule is considered to be remote, parasitic and incompetent and is also associated with crime and corruption. [...]
“‘Literally over a single night, all the things that had been taken for granted were no longer valid’; the natural result was a ‘serious identity crisis’ that was reflected in ‘confusion and frustration’”. The current economic situation in the New German States (former GDR) is no different from the psychological one. Mass privatisation and deindustrialisation has required West German subsidies of approximately €130 billion annually to the crumbling East German economy, which has still not recovered. [end excerpt]
* (2015-11-20, Red Martin): The Baltic States shed their reliance on Russian gas! Ramped up tensions and nationalism in the Baltic States initiated by the US, has freed them from depending on Russia for gas, instead the will buy Russian gas via Poland and Germany for more than twice the money they paid for it before! Capital idea! Higher prices for the people, more money for Germany and Poland to buy weapons from the US.
* (Latvia Citizen comments): So we did not want to buy russian gas from Russia...but now we are happy to announce, that we will buy russian gas from Germany thru Poland proud for my country!
(Reply from Industry insider): It will surely happen. But all countries try to avoid having a single supplier for their oil and gas needs. Lithuania is a beautiful country and you shall be proud of it!
(Further comment): So the gas still comes from Russia? They're just going to be paying more for it because it's going through pipelines to Poland and Germany first? BRILLIANT! At least they have their religious freedom. That's the important thing. People of "beautiful country" are now being extorted for billions of Euros. Can no longer buy gas direct from only supplier, must go through new bureaucracy... this is not sovereignty.
Read more at "The end of energy isolation of the Baltic States" (2015-10-19, energyglobalnews.com) [archive.is/J5Ipw] [archive.is/0DOMZ]: The European Commisssion welcomed the signing of the grant agreement on the GIPL (Gas Interconnector Poland – Lithuania), the first pipeline connecting Poland and Lithuania. The gas interconnector will end the long lasting isolation of the Baltic Sea region and bring the energy needed for a new economic dynamism to the region. The construction of a new cross-border gas pipeline will connect the natural gas transmission systems of Poland and Lithuania. The Parties to the project are GAZ-SYSTEM and Amber Grid AB– the Lithuanian transmission system operator. Building missing cross-border links between the Baltic Sea region and the rest of the EU energy market is a priority for the European Commission.
* "Georgia the NGO Heaven Which is Hell for Everyone Else" (2015-11-23, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/acuIW]
* "European Police “Target” Putin During Firearm Trainings; In October, German magazine Das Deutsche Waffenjournal (DWJ), which positions itself as a magazine for gun owners, published an article about the fourteenth international firearm training for law enforcement officials" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ADG2k]
* "Paris Terror Attacks Result of 'Colossal Failure' by European Security Services - FSB Expert; Commenting on the terror attacks which struck Paris on Friday, Russian counterterrorism expert Yuri Sapunov warned that the fact that the attacks took place almost simultaneously across multiple locations means that they were thoroughly planned out, thus indicating a colossal failure on the part of both French and European security services" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/MlOKg]
United Kingdom of Great Britain (UKGB) (EU Member)
* "NHS children’s services privatized as healthcare budget deficit balloons" (2015-11-24, rt.com) [archive.is/esL2S]
* "Thousands of Britons treated for malnutrition in 1 year, NHS figures show" (2015-11-23, rt.com) [archive.is/lPAlY]
Instead of funding social programs, fascists simply abolish the programs and install taxation that burdens the working class for trivial "programs" that rely on private partners who use the tax money to pay for bureaucracies that siphon resources into private profit.
* "Osborne: ‘Tampon tax’ will fund women’s charities" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/Zz3mX]
* "UK to Spend $300Bln Over 10 Years on Strengthening Defense Capabilities; David Cameron said that London will allocate $300 billion over the next ten years to strengthen its defense capabilities" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/1cAab]
* "UK's Cameron in Dramatic Climbdown Over Defense Cuts; UK Prime Minister David Cameron has been forced into a dramatic climbdown over British armed forces, five years after slashing the defense budget, following the Paris attacks and the United Nations vote to fight ISIL" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/D1Ls2]
* "Hard Times Ahead: UK's New Austerity Plan Will Slash Public Spending; UK Finance Minister George Osborne will introduce his new austerity plan next week, suggesting the UK needs a better model of economic development, with a greater fiscal discipline and market-driven growth instead of the costly and inefficient debt-fueled government spending-driven economy of the past thirty years" (2015-11-22, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/TJmWJ]
* "UK to splurge 30% more on anti-terror budget, buy F-35s - amid brutal social spending cuts" (2015-11-22, rt.com) [archive.is/A7dL0]
* " 'Shooting to Kill' Jeremy Corbyn – The Coup is On" (2015-11-18, by Oliver Tickell) [archive.is/qJ33M]
* "UK's Hammond Backs More Saudi Arms Sales, Says They Create 'British Jobs' ; UK Foreign secretary Philip Hammond has been criticized for suggesting that Britain should sell more weapons to Saudi Arabia, despite Riyadh's military offensive in Yemen, which has led to allegations of Saudi war crimes" (2015-11-12, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Xa9qy]
* "Paris attacks drive majority of Britons to back leaving EU" (2015-11-24, rt.com) [archive.is/4DB4E]
* "Over half of Brits want to leave EU, ‘out’ campaign poll shows" (2015-11-13, rt.com) [archive.is/MxcP8]
* "Osborne slashes welfare, injects £1.9bn into cybersecurity to counter ISIS hackers" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/yEUwG]
* "UK's Corbyn 'Systematically' Undermined by British Press, Report Finds; Whether it's the color of his tie, his suit - or shell suit - his beard, his position on Trident or airstrikes in Syria, the Labour party's new leader Jeremy Corbyn has been "systematically" undermined by the British press" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/VEMW7]
* "ISIS-Linked Autocrats to Host British Navy" (2015-11-29, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/VfOre] [begin excerpt]: US and British leaders love to invoke the concept of human rights when promoting their latest neoliberal crusade. UN Ambassador Samantha Power’s career has consisted almost entirely of this strategy: creating human rights propaganda, demonizing countries that assert their independence and justifying the next NATO bombing campaign.
One great example of the human rights hypocrisy of western leaders can be found in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Bahrain is not a democracy, but an autocratic monarchy. The constitution ensures members of the ruling Al-Khalifa family the final say on all matters. The country is rated by Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, and other humanitarian and international legal organizations as one of the most repressive societies on earth. According to Human Rights Watch, “Torture is a regular part of the legal process in Bahrain.”
Half of Bahrain’s population are not citizens, and have no rights at all. Guest workers from the Philippines and Southeast Asia live as modern-day slaves. Even among the Bahraini citizens, there are conditions described in testimony to the US House of Representatives as similar to apartheid. Shia Muslims, who constitute a 70% majority of the country’s population, are routinely discriminated against.
In 2011, when people in Bahrain revolted as part of the Arab Spring, they were rounded up and tortured. After Saudi Arabia sent in its troops to defend the monarchy and put down the mass uprising demanding democracy, a number of Bahraini dissidents were “disappeared” and later killed without even a trial. [end excerpt]
Republic of France (EU Member)
* "200+ detained, tear gas & scuffles at banned Global March for Climate in Paris" (2015-11-29, rt.com) [archive.is/2xloS]
State of Catalonia
* "Spanish Government to Defend Country's Unity Against Catalan Secession - PM; The Spanish government will take all the possible measures in order to retain the country's unity and prevent Catalonia's secession, the Spanish prime minister said Thursday" (2015-11-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/3e404]
* "Catalan Leaders Push for Independence Defying Spanish Court's Orders; Leaders of the Catalan government planning to form an independent state have said the drive to breakaway will continue despite the Spanish Constitutional Court ordering the region to halt proceedings this week. However, political experts are skeptical that Catalan President Artur Mas has the right to do so, Sputnik has been told" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/SlaK1]
* "Catalans May Lose Autonomy Amid Attempts to Secede - Spain Justice Minister; Catalonia could lose its autonomous status, Spanish Justice Minister Rafael Catala said Thursday, as a result of its bid to secede from Spain" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fkUoC]
* "Defiance in Catalonia as Madrid thwarts independence bid" (2015-12-02, euronews.com) [archive.is/4WzPi]
Republic of Poland (EU Member)
* "Poland wants NATO-Russia deal scrapped: minister" (2015-11-25, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/z3aFC]
* "New Poland defense minister in hot water over Jewish conspiracy theory" (2015-11-13, rt.com) [archive.is/9WJqt]
* (2015-11-12, facebook.com/GenerationEuropa) [archive.is/2dAzl]: Stunning aerial shot of the Nationalist March in Warsaw yesterday.Europe is awakening &.....Once all Europe awakes there is no stopping us.
* "Poland's New Right-Wing Government Set to Consolidate State Media; Poland's incoming right-wing nationalist government will be making significant changes to the public media space, Culture Minister designate Piotr Glinski told the Polish Press Agency on Sunday" (2015-11-15, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/aulAF]
* "Poland Upholds Russian Journalist's Unlawful Removal; Poland's decision to cancel the residence permit of a freelance correspondent for Rossiya Segodnya International Information Agency is not consistent with Polish and European laws" (2015-11-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/WuTvn]
* "When Silence isn’t Golden: Poland Censors Commercial Radio Station That Airs Sputnik; The Polish government has begun censoring independent media in the country. The first one to fall is the Polish commercial radio station Radio Hobby" (2015-11-20, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/HKj3l]
* "Content of Sputnik Radio Banned in Poland Complies With World Standards; The press service of Sputnik international news service, whose radio show rebroadcast was forbidden on Friday in Poland, stated that its content fully complied with international norms, adding that censorship is likely the reason for the ban" (2015-11-20, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/VV6om]
Republic of Greece (EU Member)
* " 'Our rage will be relentless': Syriza faces mass strike in Greece; Prime minister Alexis Tsipras under pressure as services including schools, hospitals, and banks are hit by 24-hour walkout" (2015-11-12, theguardian.com) [archive.is/5mO5J]
* "We must condemn the new atrocity with mass struggles against imperialism and reaction!" (2015-11-18, CPGm-l) [archive.is/uQ1u8]
Republic of Serbia
* "Kerry to Visit Belgium, Kosovo, Serbia, Greece Next Week - State Department; US Secretary of State John Kerry will visit the climate change conference in Paris and then travel to Belgium, Kosovo, Serbia, and Greece next week, the US State Department said in a press release on Tuesday" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/eX9QY]
Republic of Ukraine (EU / NATO associate state)
* "The history of Ukraine’s debt dependence" (2015-11-09, Committee for the Abolition of Third World Debt) [archive.is/jbzYs]
* "Broken Promises: Poroshenko's Regime Failing 'Dejected' Public; More and more people in Ukraine are becoming disappointed with the new authorities' inability to show progress after the 2014 Maidan coup, with the recent elections only adding weight to the feeling, according to the National Interest magazine" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/b4rWL]
* "Ukraine’s Finance Minister Jaresko Made Her Fortune on US Taxpayers’ Dime; Before becoming Ukraine’s finance minister last year, Natalia Jaresko collected $1.77 million in bonuses from a US-taxpayer-financed investment fund where her annual compensation was supposed to be caped to $150,000, Robert Parry, an author for Ron Paul Institute, wrote in his article" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/XPrpK]
* "Wunderkinds: Truth Dawns on Germans That Kiev Doesn't Want Peace in East; The Ukrainian government is trying to escalate the conflict in Donbass while pressuring Crimea in order to obtain more funding from the EU and US, where Congress has taken the worrying step of approving the delivery of lethal weapons to Kiev, the German press reports" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ucAOP]
* "EU-Ukraine Free Trade Zone to Begin Operating January 1 - Poroshenko; Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said that European Union has informed Kiev that all of the formal procedures for a free trade zone have been completed and will go into force January 1" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/npfgL]
* "Ukrainian President Poroshenko Signs Bills on Visa-Free Regime With EU; Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko signed on Saturday a package of bills that will help pave the way for visa-free travel between the country and the European Union" (2015-11-21, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/LSOFm]
* "Ukraine's Prime Minister Says Coal Reserves Insufficient for Winter Period" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ZaNsQ]
* "Russia May Stop Gas Supplies to Ukraine in Two Days; Kiev's prepayment is sufficient to cover deliveries for a couple of days, Gazprom CEO noted" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/tKFNi]
* "Gazprom to Halt Gas Deliveries to Ukraine Until Prepayment Received - CEO; According to Gazprom CEO, Russian gas deliveries to Ukraine will stop until Naftogaz makes a prepayment" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/THued]
* "Ukrainian Government Instructs Naftogaz to Halt Purchases of Russian Gas; Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said that the Ukrainian government made decision to halt the purchase of Russian gas" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/tQI9N]
* "Ukraine Has Better Options to Buy Gas From Europe – Naftogaz Head; Ukraine has various options of buying gas from Europe and decided to halt purchases of Russian gas because European paths are more beneficial for it from the economic perspective, Andriy Kobolev, head of Ukraine’s national gas company Naftogaz, said" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/hKjDP]
* "EU urges Russia not to impose food embargo on Ukraine" (2015-11-13, rt.com) [archive.is/gcHuD]
* "Canada to Supply Ukraine With $2.5Mln-Worth Military Equipment; Canada will provide Ukraine with $2.5 million worth of demining equipment" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/5ls7I]
* "Ukraine's Yatsenyuk Manipulates Paris Tragedy to Attack Russia; Ukrainian Prime Minister Yatsenyuk made an attempt to express words of compassion and support to the families of the victims of the Paris terror attacks, however he could not stop himself from putting the blame on Russia once again; this time for 'encouraging global terrorism' ” (2015-11-16, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/tY85V]
* "Unclear Why US Congress Seeks to Arm Ukraine as Hostilities Cease - Putin; It is unclear why the US Congress seeks to provide Kiev authorities with lethal weapons" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/W7gWv]
* "Joint US-Canada-Ukraine Military Drills Begin Monday; A nearly month-long training program is set to begin in Ukraine on Monday with hundreds of US and Canadian troops to provide tactical support to Ukrainian forces" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/3AVj8]
* "About 300 US Soldiers Training Six Ukrainian Battalions - Pentagon; Some 300 US soldiers are taking part in a new phase of Ukrainian forces training, which involves several battalions of regular and special forces, US Defense Department spokesperson Jeff Davis said in a press release" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/b1tpa]
* "Moscow warns against US plans to continue training Ukrainian troopers; The United States is starting a second phase of training of the Ukrainian army and is planning to train and equip six army battalions, including one special operations unit" (2015-11-26, tass.ru) [archive.is/WrCdA]
* "Pentagon supplying Kiev military with ‘junk’ Humvees from 1st Gulf War era – report" (2015-12-01, rt.com) [archive.is/DjXjm]
* "Straight from the dumpster? Kiev’s new ‘in-city fight’ tank trolled on Twitter" (2015-11-29, rt.com) [archive.is/vHbUT]
* "OSCE Monitors Stopped at Ukrainian Military Checkpoint in Mandate Violation; The Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) was stopped by Ukrainian Armed Forces in the country’s troubled southeast, in violation of the mission’s mandate" (2015-11-12, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/vbbQH]
* "Russia causing 'environmental disaster' in Ukraine: Poroshenko" (2015-11-30, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/6BNLT]: Russia risks causing an "environmental disaster" in eastern Ukraine with its support for rebel forces, President Petro Poroshenko told a UN climate conference in Paris on Monday.
"My country has become a victim of hybrid warfare, which has hybrid effects. One of them is a risk of environmental disaster in the eastern part of Ukraine, Donbass," Poroshenko told delegates.
He paid tribute to the "courage and unbroken spirit" of the French in the wake of this month's attack by the Islamic State group that left 130 dead in Paris.
But he said this was "a daily reality for Ukraine for almost 21 months".
"We have been suffering from the terrorism sponsored and promoted by the Russian Federation," he said.
Poroshenko accused pro-Russian forces in the eastern Donbass region of having "flooded many mines", leading to the poisoning of drinking water and the soil.
Russia denies directly supporting separatists in eastern Ukraine, and Poroshenko's speech underlined the challenge of reaching a unanimous global agreement on climate change over the next fortnight when many of the participants are involved in bitter conflicts with each other.
Poroshenko added that the ground and atmosphere "have been heavily polluted" by the use of shells and artillery in the on-going conflict, which has claimed more than 8,000 lives since it broke out in early 2014.
Ukraine has vowed to keep its carbon emissions below 60 percent of 1990 levels in the lead-up to the climate talks and said it would go even further if peace was restored to the east of the country.
Money for reconstruction in Donbass would be "an investment in combating climate change," he said.
* "Will Western Ukraine Become the new Northern Ireland?" (2015-11-14, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/0d1Qf] [begin excerpt]: On 15.10.2015, a “March of heroes” was held in Kiev to mark the Day of the Defender of Ukraine, a holiday established by President Poroshenko which falls on the anniversary of the founding of the UPA. During the march, Nazi symbols were seen on display. In this context, the sociological research group “Rejtynh” reported that in Ukraine more and more people are perceiving the genocidal UPA formations as heroes. For the first time in the history of the UPA, supporters are more than mere opponents. I talk with Dr. Andrzej Zapałowski, a Polish State Security expert, historian and lecturer, about how the situation in Ukraine is likely unfold.
[Question]: Why does the Ukrainian nation have this great desire to cultivate parts of their criminal history, such as the OUN and the UPA, for example?
[Answer]: I would like to emphasize one thing – if we refer to the issue of genocide, we must identify clearly that we are talking about Ukrainians, but only those from Western Ukraine. This matter does not concern Central and Eastern parts of the country. We cannot perceive the whole of Ukraine through the prism of what Ukrainians did in Western Ukraine. Another thing which is very important is that the UPA leadership, which in the earlier incarnation of OUN, collaborated with Germans in 1942, actively participating in the genocide of the Jewish population. They practiced their killing skills on their Jewish neighbours, and a year later used this knowledge to kill Polish nationals in Volyn. So this primary element in this community is very worrying. Today, the youth in Western Ukraine are unable to understand that the matter of the struggle for national liberation is one thing and another is referring to the tradition of the original murder of their neighbours. The first were the Jews. This is a legacy that really brings this community closer to some primitive reflexes rather than to a civilized society.
[Question]: Ukrainian nationalists are increasingly speaking about Poles as their friends, saying that currently they are ‘new Banderovites’ and they ‘like’ Poles. Is this true?
[Answer]: The situation Right Sector is in at present, it has no choice but to take a tactical stance in relation to Poland. Currently, their main enemy is Russia and so Poland is now a friend. Why? Because Poles naively, selflessly fight for the interests of Ukraine, incurring only the cost of the aid. Today, nationalists in Western Ukraine are looking for a strategic friend. It turns out that, because of border issues, only Poland is likely to be their ally, as Hungary definitely cares more about the rights of the Hungarian minority in Ukraine. The Hungarian State clearly expresses its anti-Bandera attitude. What happens when, for example, in the event of federalization, western Ukraine secures very high autonomy? If Russia takes control of people’s minds in Ukraine, then it will want to push out Western Ukraine from the area of its influence because they no longer want Western Ukraine. So Western Ukrainians have only one way out, and this is Poland. Therefore, at this point they need to edit out all territorial claims in relation to Poland from their political programme, along with any anti-Polish statements. Because in the end it may turn out that Poland is the only neighbour through which they can have some cooperation with Western Europe. For some time now, I have watched feigned gestures from Right Sector in relation to Poland. They want to drop anchor here, on the basis of cooperation with some Polish national organizations. These nice gestures are purely a technical action on their part.
[Question]: Right Sector enabled a recent attack on an institution which issues Ukrainian documents. As a result, 8000 Ukrainian identity documents fell into the hands of ISIS. Will Ukrainian nationalists therefore cooperate with ISIS?
[Answer]: At the time of the annexation of Crimea, representatives of these Tatar organizations, which in Russia were recognized as terrorist organizations, fled from Crimea. A substantial group of these people were given premises and stopped in Lviv, in Western Ukraine. Chechens also fought on the side of Ukrainian nationalists, and were really were involved in terrorist attacks in Moscow or Budyonnovsk. Besides, as one of the leaders of this organisation boasted, twice he crossed the Polish border illegally to get to meetings of the group in Denmark. This could not be done without the organizational support and perhaps even administrative support in Western Ukraine. So it is clear that this cooperation has been active for over a year, and especially at this time it will further develop as a result of the fact that Russia has started to intervene in Syria. [end excerpt]
* "Right Sector office set on fire in western Ukraine; The incident occurred in the town of Gorodenka in Ivano-Frankivsks Region on Thursday night, prosecutor says" (2015-07-24, tass.ru) [archive.is/aqIFi]. All their archives are burned. No way now to track their members with leaked files. Like when Facebook erased all the Azov Battalions' member pages... there is now no way now to monitor them. A very smart move by facebook, because we know facebook ideologically supports the Azov Nazis as part of the USA State Department's directives... and facebook even supports ISIS, by letting their battalions have pages hosted for years, exactly like with the Nazis among the fascist battalions of Ukraine. Until we began to use those pages for evidence... then, gone! Poof! No more evidence!
* "Chechen Jihadis Leave Syria, Join the Fight in Ukraine; A battalion of fighters from the Caucasus is deployed on Kiev’s side in the Ukraine war. But their presence may do more harm than good" (2015-09-04, thedailybeast.com) [archive.is/brtfy]
* "Ukrainian City Finds Clever Way to Avoid 'Decommunizing' Place Names; The Kharkov City Council has found a clever way around the country's absurd laws on decommunization, leaving city district names intact by 'renaming' them after some obscure historical figures and events" (2015-11-14, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/RATgP]
Union of People's Republics of Novorossiya
For more info, with maps, and link, visit [NovorossiyaSolidarity.blogspot.com].
* "Zakharchenko: 'We are the frontline of the Russian World' " (2015-11-13, nnr.su, translated by by J. Arnoldski) [archive.is/qgtyk]
* "Belarus to Host Next Ukraine Contact Group Talks on December 8; According to the self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) envoy, next round of Contact Group talks on Ukrainian reconciliation will take place in the Belarusian capital of Minsk on December" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/R3kg9]
* "Zakharchenko: We perceive Minsk differently, therefore war could be resumed" (2015-11-27, novorosinform.org, translated by fortruss.blogspot.ca) [archive.is/h8UXL]
Attacks against the People's Republics of Novorossiya
* "Worsening Situation in the Donesk People’s Republic (DPR). Ukrainian Armed Forces Violate Ceasefire" (2015-11-10, Southfront.org) [archive.is/YRFXf]
* "Ukraine's Right Sector nationalists deploy battalion near contact line — militia; Ten self-propelled guns, 18 tanks, 30 mechanised infantry combat vehicles and 300 troops have allegedly been deployed near the villages of Konstantinovka, Artyomovo and Opytnoye" (2015-11-25, tass.ru) [archive.is/FKBW9]
* "Kiev Junta shelled Donetsk throughout the day, Nazi “Azov” punitive battalion redeployed near airport" (2015-11-25, eu.eot.su) [archive.is/txH1e]
* "Ukrainian army redeploys 277 tanks, heavy artillery pieces to contact line — DPR" (2015-11-30, tass.ru) [archive.is/Tyfy6]
Novorossiya Armed Forces (NAF) Operations
* "Ukraine Military Report: Failures of the Ukraine Armed Forces, UAF Defections to Novorossiya" (2015-11-15, southfront.org) [archive.is/5DDHK]
* "Eternal memory to you, Owl" (2015-11-16) [archive.is/VP8Vj]: In the evening came the tragic news. Today, battle positions killed our brother and comrade Owl. Young, bright, courageous guy. It seems only recently danced at your wedding ... [https://youtu.be/gGt6GITBaEY]
Eternal memory to you, Owl.
* (2015-11-20, Russell Bonner Bentley): Not just a friend of mine, or of Novorussia, this Hero was an example and a friend to all good people in the world. We will build a monument to Heroes like this, in Kiev after we liberate it.
Russell Bonner Bentley, volunteer from the USA
People's Republic of Donetsk (DPR, or DNR)
* "Donetsk Suspends Coal Deliveries to the Rest of Ukraine; According to the Donetsk transport minister, due to economic reasons the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic suspended all coal deliveries to the rest of the country" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/j4HMf]
Republic of Crimea (part of the Federation of Russia; claimed by the Republic of Ukraine)
* "One Year After Russia Annexed Crimea, Locals Prefer Moscow To Kiev" (2015-03-20, forbes.com) [archive.is/Iw7zX]
* "NATO Provokes Russia In Crimea As Syria Tensions Rise" (2015-11-26, by Brandon Turbeville) [archive.is/Iafo4]
* "Ukraine imposes total flight ban on Russia" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/v4NZb]
* "Ukrainian government suspends cargo traffic with Crimea" (2015-11-24, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/pdchx]
* "Ukrainian Government Temporarily Bans Cargo Traffic With Crimea; Ukrainian government temporarily prohibits cargo traffic between Ukraine and Crimea, according to Ukrainian government's press service" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/YhS53]
* "Ukraine to Create Product Whitelist of Cargo Deliveries to Crimea; Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said that Kiev will create a list of goods acceptable for delivery to Crimea from Ukraine" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fx9WL]
* "Poroshenko Considers Cutting Cargo Ties With Crimea; Petro Poroshenko wants the cabinet to consider terminating cargo traffic with Crimea, the presidents's press service said Monday" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/23DJG]
* "Russia halts coal supplies to Ukraine over Crimea energy crisis – report" (2015-11-25, rt.com) [archive.is/Sz9ms]
* "Moscow Unaware If Kiev Working to Restore Electricity to Crimea - Kremlin; The Russian government has no information as to whether Kiev has taken any action to restore electricity to Crimea, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Monday" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/kVmI6]
* "Kiev not rebuilding power supply to Crimea for ‘political reasons’ " (2015-11-24, rt.com) [archive.is/nSuCd]
* "Organizers of Crimea Power Line Cut Refuse Repairs Unless Culprits Released; Repairs to Ukraine’s electricity transmission lines supplying power to Crimea will not be performed until activists claiming responsibility are released, members of a so-called energy blockade said Monday" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/jRm0D]
* "Crimea Left With Less Than a Month of Backup Fuel After Ukrainian Power Supply Explosion; Crimea started to rely on reserve power generation on Sunday morning after a mysterious accident in Ukraine caused 1.9 million of the peninsula's 2.3 million residents to lose power" (2015-11-22, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/X7rEz]
* "The Crimean Energy Blockade: What You Need to Know; On Saturday, Ukrainian police said that power lines in southern Ukraine supplying the Crimean peninsula with electricity were blown up by activists from the group which launched the unsuccessful, Kiev-sanctioned 'food blockade' of the peninsula in September. Sputnik brings you up to speed on the energy blockade and its potential consequences" (2015-11-22, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9Qgsd]
* "State of emergency, blackout in Russia’s Crimea after transmission towers in Ukraine blown up" (2015-11-21, rt.com) [archive.is/laKEa]
* "All Crimean cities supplied with electricity - emergency headquarters; Crimea was left without electricity supplies from Ukraine overnight to November 22" (2015-11-22, tass.ru) [archive.is/vUcMK]
* "Almost 1.7mn Crimeans on emergency electricity supplies, no power coming from Ukraine" (2015-11-23, rt.com) [archive.is/vEKkc]
* "Ukraine nuclear power plants ‘dangerously’ without power as towers feeding energy to Crimea blown up" (2015-11-23, rt.com) [archive.is/hNp6P]
* "First Stage of Energy Bridge to Crimea to be Completed by December 20; According to Russian Energy Minister, the first stage of the energy bridge between Russia's Kuban region and the Crimean peninsula will be completed by December 20" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/xtpco]
* "Kremlin Regrets Electricity Supplies From Ukraine to Crimea Not Resumed; Moscow regrets that the electrical energy supply from Ukraine to Russia's Crimea have not been resumed" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/p5Y03]
* "War-Torn Donbass Helps Crimea Amid Kiev-Imposed Power Blackout; Crimean authorities are grateful to the people of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic for their decision to suspend coal supplies to Ukraine over the current blackout of the Black Sea peninsula, Russian media reported on Saturday" (2015-11-28, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/PFzDt]
* "Russia powers up Crimea, cutting dependence on Ukraine" (2015-12-03, rt.com) [archive.is/jbhUf]
* "New York Times propaganda article on Ukraine’s blockade of Crimea (updated)" (2015-12-02, by Roger Annis, newcoldwar.org) [archive.is/zqXhz] [begin excerpt]: The people in Crimea voted overwhelmingly in March 2014 for secession from Ukraine, following a violent, right-wing coup against the elected president of that country (a president for whom a large majority of Crimeans had voted in 2010). The secession referendum was organized by the elected and constitutional Crimean legislature, whose legality contrasted sharply with the illegal, coup regime which came into power in Kyiv on Feb 21, 2014. Crimeans have affirmed in survey after survey that they are satisfied with the secession decision. Yet, Crimeans are presented in the Times as hapless people who have been “annexed” by Russia. The Times reference to the secession as happening “amid an outpouring of patriotic fervor” suggests that the people were so swept away by fervor as to be too dumb to realize what was really taking place. They were not choosing a future of their own free will; no, they were undergoing “annexation” without even being aware. [end excerpt]
Federation of Russia (EEU Member)
* "Putin's Approval Rating Remains High at 87-88% ; Vladimir Putin's approval rating remains at a high level of 87-88 percent, with a majority of Russians approving the country's current political course, according to the Russian Public Opinion Research Center's (VTsIOM) new poll published Tuesday" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/gvvSb]
* "Minister Ulyukaev Says Recession in Russian Economy Over; Russian Economic Development Minister Alexei Ulyukaev said that according to formal indicators, the recession in the Russian economy is over" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/03XFr]
* "Putin the ‘Only Defender of Christianity’ – Bashar Assad; Syrian President Bashar Assad considers Russia’s Vladimir Putin as the 'only defender of Christian civilization one can trust' " (2015-11-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/uBZNU]
* "Buy Domestic: New Law Requires State Organs to Buy Russian-Made Software; Russian Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev has signed legislation under which government agencies will be required to purchase software from a registry of domestically made software, business newspaper Kommersant reports, citing a source in the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ahQZJ]
* "PM Medvedev bans foreign-made software in Russian state agencies" (2015-11-20, rt.com) [archive.is/Hq8tQ]
* "Russia Debates Unorthodox Orthodox Financial Alternative" (2015-11-22, by F. William Engdahl, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/CvH1V]
* "Land grant: Govt drafts bill for ‘1-hectare per Russian’ in Far East" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/3Og3R]
* "Russian Far East Will Sponsor Pacific Rim Nation Visits to Regional Free Port; Russia’s Far East Development Ministry will sponsor business missions for Asia-Pacific Region representatives to assess the newly established Vladivostok Free Port and priority development areas, the ministry's chief said Monday" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/QasqT]
* "Japan Can Invest in Russia's Far East as Part of $110Bln Investment Plan; Russia’s Deputy Economic Development Minister Stanislav Voskresensky said that Japan can invest in Russia’s Far East as a part of its $110-billion plan to fund infrastructure projects in Asia" (2015-11-16, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/oChRr]
* "Japan interested in developing Russia’s Far East" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/IMNzg]
* "Impenetrable Shield: Ballistic Missiles Are No Threat to Moscow; Moscow's missile defense system can protect the city against any kind of ballistic missile, according to Colonel Andrei Cheburin, commander of the missile defense division of the 1st Air Defense Army of the Russian Aerospace Defense Forces" (2015-11-30, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/scCof]
* "Laser Power: Russia Develops Energy Beam for Satellite Refueling; Russian scientists have developed a unique system for the transmission of electricity between spacecraft using lasers and photoelectric converters, according to the Russian daily Izvestia" (2015-11-30, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Tt3W0]
* "Russia Enters ExoMars Program to Save Mission After US Exit; Russia saved the ExoMars program aimed at exploring the Martian environment from closing when the United States exited the research, Sergei Savelev, a deputy head of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos), said Wednesday" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/OBe28]
* "Russian Nanotube Technology to Help Cut CO2 Emissions by 180Mln Tons; Russia-developed technology that uses additives based on carbon nanotubes in the energy saving sphere, will enable the country to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 160-180 million metric tons by 2030, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday, citing experts' estimates" (2015-11-30, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9Acc9]
* "Did Russia just “gently” threaten the USA?" (2015-11-12, thesaker.is) [archive.is/pvTUc] [begin excerpt]: According to RT, the presentation slide titled “Ocean Multipurpose System: Status-6” showed some drawings of a new nuclear submarine weapons system. It is apparently designed to bypass NATO radars and any existing missile defense systems, while also causing heavy damage to “important economic facilities” along the enemy’s coastal regions. The footnote to the slide stated that Status-6 is intended to cause “assured unacceptable damage” to an adversary force. Its detonation “in the area of the enemy coast” would result in “extensive zones of radioactive contamination” that would ensure that the region would not be used for “military, economic, business or other activity” for a “long time.” According to the blurred information provided in the slide, the system represents a massive torpedo, designated as “self-propelled underwater vehicle,” with a range of up to 10 thousand kilometers and capable of operating at a depth of up to 1,000 meters.
Actually, such ideas are nothing new. The late Andrei Sakharov had already proposed a similar idea to basically wipe out the entire US East Coast. The Russians have also look into the possibility to detonate a nuclear device to set off the “Yellowstone Caldera” and basically destroy most of the USA in one shot. [...]
No, this was a deliberate way to remind the USA that if they really are hell-bent on spending billions of dollars in a futile quest to create some kind of anti-missile system Russia could easily develop a cheap weapon system to still threaten the USA with total annihilation. Because, make no mistake, the kind of long range torpedo being suggested here would be rather cheap to build using only already existing technologies. I would even add that rather than setting such a weapon off the US coast the system could also be designed to fire off a secondary missile (ballistic or cruise) which could then fly to any inland target. Again, such technologies already exist in the Russian military and have even been deployed on a smaller scale. See for yourself: [https://youtu.be/rogsX9sqaKU]. [end excerpt]
* "Duma calls for foreign parliaments to launch worldwide anti-terror coalition" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/4XEo5]
* "UN Backs Russia's War on US-Backed Syria Terrorists; UN Security Council resolution authorizes 'all necessary means' to be used against groups associated with al Qaeda" (2015-11-23, by Alexander Mercouris, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/NplFs]
* "Russian Retaliation Will Be Defeating NATO in Syria" (2015-12-03, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/dAvLJ]
* "Turkey returns body of Russian pilot whose warplane it shot down" (2015-11-29, euronews.com) [archive.is/a4I3R]
* "Russia building new military bases on islands claimed by Japan" (2015-12-01, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/oG9A8]
* "US Sanctions Former President of Russia’s Kalmyk Republic; The former president of the Russian Republic of Kalmykia Kirsan Ilyumzhinov was designated by the US Department of the Treasury for materially assisting and acting for or on behalf of the government of Syria, according to press release" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/PeOcN]
* "Former Russian cop charged with treason for passing secret documents to CIA" (2015-11-12, rt.com) [archive.is/ipeLv]
* "About the participation of RISS expert in the conference on 'soft power' " (2015-11-12, en.riss.ru) [archive.is/6dVzC]
* "Who Has Been Pushing Russia To Go “All In” Against Saudi Arabia and Qatar" (2015-11-24, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/kdQVL]
Russian Repression Report: Actual incidents and false stories explained -
* "Russia Wakes Up about Western-Financed NGOs Operating against Russia" (2015-11-30, by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts) [archive.is/VAEwx]
* "Prosecutors ban Soros Foundation as ‘threat to Russian national security’ " (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/K2mg7]
* "Moscow court bans Church of Scientology over ‘irreligious’ trademark restrictions" (2015-11-24, rt.com) [archive.is/RQIk4]
* "No, It’s Not 1937: Getting Our Words About Russia Right; What Masha Gessen and other journalists get wrong about Putin’s Russia" (2015-11-25, thenation.com) [archive.is/7jrcv] [begin excerpt]: At the annual “Valdai Club” gathering of Russia experts at Sochi on Russia’s Black Sea coast a month ago, an earnest Western journalist asked Russian President Vladimir Putin whether Russia’s annexation of Crimea and support for rebels in Ukraine’s Donbass could be explained by fear of “democracy moving closer to [Russia’s borders].”
Putin’s reply got to the heart of problem: “What kind of democracy is this [i.e., in Russia]?”
The obvious answer to that question in much of the Western world is that Putin wants Russia to be anything but a democracy. Though the situation is in fact far more complex, mainstream Western reporting depicts Russia as a dictatorship or a police state—or worse.
Writing in The New York Times two weeks ago, for example, Masha Gessen (author of a widely cited biography of Putin), asserting a view taken by many US commentators, alleged that recent events confirmed that Russia was on the road to becoming a “totalitarian” state and, pointedly, one addicted to war. “A totalitarian society seeks to be mobilized,” she writes: “The more Russia reverts to its totalitarian habits, the more comfort it will derive from a constant state of war.”
In one form or another, Putin has ruled Russia for 15 years. Russia fought its first foreign war since the break-up of the Soviet Union seven years ago (while Putin was prime minister rather than president), when in 2008 the Georgian army launched a surprise attack on Russian “peacekeepers” in the break-away Georgian province of South Ossetia.
Not quite six years later, Russia annexed Crimea—bloodlessly—in March 2014. Though the Kremlin denies direct involvement, Russia has at the very least helped sustain an armed rebellion in eastern Ukraine against the US-backed Kiev government since May of that year. Russia is now carrying out an air campaign against terrorist forces in Syria—at the invitation of that country’s government.
Gessen explains all this by arguing that Putin and the system he heads cannot survive without war: “The strategic purpose of his wars is war itself.… Both conflicts [Ukraine and Syria] are wars with no end in sight because, in Mr. Putin’s view, only at war can Russia feel at peace.”
Now, Gessen is a Russian living in the United States. That she could title her essay “Putin’s forever wars” and publish it with a straight face in a country that has been constantly at war—in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, and, yes, also in Syria—for well over a decade and, to the great frustration of many foreign policy commentators in the United States itself, still with no end in sight, says something about her sense of proportion, or perhaps political bias.
Though she has lampooned Putin’s reading of history, her own is open to serious question. (“For its part in defeating Hitler,” Gessen once sniffed, “the Soviet Union’s reward was becoming a superpower,” implying that the USSR’s rise to superpower status was due to Stalin’s bamboozling of Roosevelt and Churchill at Yalta rather than the Red Army’s defeat of German Nazism. In any case, the real “reward” was surely the survival of Europe and its peoples?) [...]
Instead, she seems herself to believe world history—outside Russia—a tale of undisturbed Elysian innocence before Putin arrived in the Kremlin in Boris Yeltsin’s slipstream on New Year’s Eve 1999: “In other words, peace is an anomaly, a fragile state of equilibrium,” she gasps. (Would you like a reading list for that, Masha?) [...]
After the murder of Boris Nemtsov in Red Square earlier this year, she wondered aloud whether Russia stood on the brink of a wave of mass political repression, a repeat of Stalin’s Red Terror. “Is it 1937 yet?” she asked. The humble “yet” is telling, suggesting as it does Gessen’s determination to strain her interpretation of every event to equate Putin with Stalin and Russia with a totalitarian state.
Admittedly, having posed the question, “Is Mr. Putin as bad as Stalin?,” Gessen then runs through a list of reasons that leads her to the conclusion: “so, no, Mr. Putin isn’t as bad as Stalin.” But again, what she seems to mean is “yet.” “While Mr. Putin has done much to restore the ideological mechanisms of the totalitarian system, Russia is not run by means of total terror,” she writes: “At least until the next…trial, deportation or murder happens.” (There are other things, too, Gessen seems not to know—or care to mention: the approval in August by the Presidential Council for Human Rights of a bill for a new law on remembering the victims of political repression; the opening in Moscow last month of a massive new State Museum and Monument to the GULAG; and the announced construction in Moscow’s Garden Ring of a permanent “Wall of Grief” by sculptor Georgy Frangulyan dedicated to Stalin’s victims—all projects Putin has backed or decreed.) [end excerpt]
Eurasian Union (EEU) / Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)
EEU Map [archive.is/7gu7z]
* "Over 200 Cases of Terrorism Recruitment Uncovered in Kyrgyzstan Since 2015; Stalbek Rakhmanov, a representative of the Kyrgyz Interior Ministry, said that the country's interior ministry was planning to implement a law that would allow citizenship to be revoked for joining terrorist groups" (2015-11-25, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/8PfFc]
* "Russia, Kazakhstan Sign 5 Deals on Baikonur Space Center in 2015; Moscow and Astana reached five intergovernmental agreements on Baikonur Space Center operations in Kazakhstan, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said Friday" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/KvEO5]
* "Russia, Kazakhstan Deciding on Rocket Carriers for Baiterek Space Complex; Russia and Kazakhstan are to decide on the type of the rocket carrier to be used for the Baiterek Space Complex" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/D5ruc]
* "Russia & Iran to open joint bank" (2015-11-19, rt.com) [archive.is/VOPhn]
* "Putin removes ban on nuclear cooperation with Iran" (2015-11-23, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/pQSud]
* "First BRICS Media Summit ends with declaration" (2015-12-01, news.xinhuanet.com/english) [archive.is/oCFeQ]
* "BRICS Bank & AIIB to strengthen global financial system - Putin" (2015-11-17, rt.com) [archive.is/7eZai]
* "Forty States Consider Free Trade Zone Agreements With EEU; As many as 40 countries are considering the possibility of signing agreements on free trade zone with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), Russian President Vladimir Putin said" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/34IL3]
* "Proposed EU Energy Union Prioritizes Russian Gas Transit Via Ukraine; European Commission Vice President Maros Sefcovic said that maintaining the transit of Russian natural gas through Ukraine is in the interest of Russia, EU, and Ukraine" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9D5Fj]
* "Russia, EU to Renew Full-Scale Cooperation - Matvienko; Speaker of the upper house of the Russian parliament Valentina Matvienko said that the benefits stemming from the strengthening of ties between the European Union and the Russia-led Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) were obvious" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/kampn]
* "Kazakhstan May Become Bridge Between Asia, Europe – Deputy Foreign Minister; Kazakhstan’s Deputy Foreign Minister stated that country has the necessary criteria to be a land bridge between Asia and Europe" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/x4vNf]
* "Eurasian Economic Union to Consider Free Trade Zone With Iran - Putin; Russia-led Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) will study the possibilities to create a free trade zone with Iran, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/dTjXP]
* "Russia, Iran to Expand Trade, Use National Currencies in Payments - Putin; Russia is planning to expand trade with Iran and use national currencies in bilateral payments, President Vladimir Putin said Monday" (2015-11-23, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fnbQv]
* "RISS Director meets the senior military leadership of Pakistan" (2015-11-19, en.riss.ru) [archive.is/vRfYY]
* "Russia, Tajikistan Maintain Regional Stability – Russian Interior Minister; Russian Interior Minister said that Ministries of Internal Affairs for Russia and Tajikistan establish stability in the region" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fQcZf]
* "Russia, Peru Discuss Ways to Boost Tourism, Economic Ties - Minister; Russian Economic Development Minister Alexey Ulyukaev said that Russia and Peru discussed ways to boost economic cooperation in general and in travel industry in particular at the bilateral meeting on ministerial level in Manila" (2015-11-16, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/UGTY4]
Republic of Georgia (EU Associate)
* "The Georgian Coup Saga … What It Was Really About" (2015-11-11, journal-neo.org) [archive.is/Ib3z6]
* "Penultimate EU Member State Ratifies Association Deal With Georgia; Italy became the 27th member of the 28-nation European Union that ratified an Association Agreement between Georgia and the bloc, the Georgian Foreign Ministry said in a statement Thursday" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ClUYd]
Republic of Turkey (NATO member state)
* "Russia Busts Supply Routes of Turkish Goods With Fake Certificates; Moscow is worried about Ankara lowering the control in the veterinary sphere, as well as exporting plant products with fake Turkish certificates" (2015-11-27, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/xkJBR]
* "NATO readies new support for Turkey: Stoltenberg" (2015-12-01, AFP Newswire) [archive.is/bSuos]
* "Turkish court calls for experts to establish whether Erdogan looks like… Gollum?" (2015-12-01, rt.com) [archive.is/HbShM] [begin excerpt]: Turkish court has ordered experts to examine whether President Erdogan resembled the “Lord of the Rings” character of Gollum, after memes appeared comparing the two. Depending on their verdict, the author of the joke might face up to 2 years in jail.
The Aydin 3rd Criminal Court of First Instance has called on experts from several fields – two academics, two behavioral scientists or psychologists, and an expert on cinema and television productions – to look into the resemblance between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and fictional movie character Gollum, the local Sozcu daily reported on Tuesday.
The court is looking into the case to establish whether Dr. Bilgin Ciftci, a physician, insulted the president when he shared a meme comparing Erdogan’s eating habits – as well as emotions such as surprise and amazement – with those of Gollum.
For publishing the meme [archive.is/WDMIm], Ciftci was expelled from the Public Health Institution of Turkey (THSK) in October. [end excerpt]
* "AKP's 'moral' of war and marks of chemical weapon on guerrilla bodies; Practices perpetrated by JITEM during the 90's, which mainly included torture and crime against humanity on the bodies of Kurdish guerrillas and civilians, continue to be committed by the AKP government today" (2015-11-18, anfenglish.com) [http://is.gd/wi1DRA]
* "PKK's Kalkan: This winter will witness a final struggle; PKK Executive Committee Member Duran Kalkan said November 1 civil fascist coup is a continuation of the 12 September military fascist coup, and aims to restore and sustain the fascist dictatorship brought out by the coup" (2015-11-17, anfenglish.com) [http://is.gd/5EIbXE]
* "HRW: Turkey closes its borders to Syrian asylum seekers; Turkey has all but closed its borders to Syrian asylum seekers and is summarily pushing back Syrians detected as they try to cross, Human Rights Watch said in a detailed report yesterday" (2015-11-24, anfenglish.com) [http://is.gd/Jddbmk]
* "IHD: 617 children died in Turkey in 11 months; 3,861 children suffered a violation of their rights and 617 others died during the 11 months of 2015. Among these, 57 lost their lives as a direct result of state violence. More than 6 thousand children are currently jailed in Turkish prisons" (2015-11-20, anfenglish.com) [http://is.gd/ioWpyr]
* "Journalists under attack by Erdogan’s regime [in Turkey as outside the Turkish borders]" (2015-11-26, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/nU02w]
* "Kadyrov blames Turkey for executing ‘Western plan to destroy Muslim nations’ " (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/IEkVc]
* "A brief history of the Erdogan family, mobsters smugglers of weapons and oil" (2015-11-27, syrianfreepress.wordpress.com) [archive.is/jn6Zc]
Note, videos not included in archived version, all show footage from war jets of the Federation of Russia attacking ISIS-supplied petroleum trucks. [https://youtu.be/3ryH74Mh7SM] [https://youtu.be/UOAsgLHb8Dg] [https://youtu.be/3N4tmwYHbCU] [https://youtu.be/yvQKk8YQ7VE] [https://youtu.be/zknZZjMQbnI] [https://youtu.be/CG6sTrwyteA] [https://youtu.be/RFAY7LXFhxM] [https://youtu.be/Cwb6ojC61qE] [https://youtu.be/huF-BYzJPaM]
Many experts constantly say about the top of the Turkish authorities who cooperate with the ISIL militants . In the media there were even photographs of the son-heir of the Turkish leader posing next to the leaders of the “Islamic state.”
* "Egypt ready to replace Turkey in the Russian market" (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/xtMRV]
* "Russia to loan Egypt $25bn for nuclear plant construction" (2015-11-30, rt.com) [archive.is/8hFky]
Republic of Iraq
* "Iraq Intends to Strengthen Anti-ISIL Cooperation With Russia; Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov on Friday met with a delegation from Iraq’s committee on security and defense to discuss the situation in Iraq on the Islamic State’s expansion, as well as Russia’s efforts in the fight against terrorism in Syria" (2015-11-13, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/uTSHA]
* "Iraqi Army Cuts Off Final ISIL Supply Line in Anbar; Iraqi troops have closed off the Islamic State jihadist group’s last supply lines in the northern province of Anbar" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/gMaJf]
* "Secret Underground ISIL Lair With US Weapons and Drugs Found in Iraq; Secret underground tunnels used by ISIL militants have been discovered under the Iraqi town of Sinjar. Kurdish forces made the discovery of the hideouts strewn with US made weaponry and drugs" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Lj47I]
* "Iraqi Forces Find Turkish Weapons, Explosives at ISIL Hideouts" (2015-11-11, english.farsnews.com) [archive.is/lcL3N]
* "Iraq Seizes US-Led Coalition Planes with Arms Cargoes" (2015-11-21, farsnews.com) [archive.is/vF41Y], photo [archive.is/wIJ2F]
* "Iraqi Forces Find Turkish Weapons, Explosives at ISIL Hideouts" (2015-11-11, farsnews.com) [archive.is/lcL3N]
* " ‘Genocide of Yazidis’: Booby-trapped grave with over 120 ISIS victims found in Iraq" (2015-11-29, rt.com) [archive.is/dXWI6]
* "Iraq says no need for foreign forces amid US deployment plans" (2015-12-02, presstv.ir) [archive.is/bvgXO]
* "Spokesman: Iraqi Popular Forces Not to Take Permission from US for Freeing Territories" (2015-11-15, farsnews.com) [archive.is/HSsi7]
* "Iraq popular forces vow to fight any US troops" (2015-12-01, presstv.ir) [archive.is/K70B7]
Photo caption: Members of Iraq’s Badr Movement march during a demonstration in the capital Baghdad, July 10, 2015.
* "4 civilians killed in US airstrike in Iraq: US military" (2015-11-21, presstv.ir) [archive.is/wQJBk]
* "US-Led Coalition Launches 18 Airstrikes Against ISIL in Iraq; The US-led coalition against the Islamic State has carried out 18 airstrikes in Iraq" (2015-11-26, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/d9mgF]
* "Ash Carter sending 'specialized expeditionary targeting force' to Iraq" (2015-12-02, cnn.com) [archive.is/fl0By]
* "More troops coming to Iraq, says US general in Baghdad" (2015-12-03, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Ds7wI]. Photo caption: A US soldier kicks a gate during a mission in Baquba, in Diyala province, around 40 miles northeast of Baghdad, in 2008.
* "Canada to Increase Number of Military Trainers in Iraq – Prime Minister; According to country’s prime minister, Ottawa is set to increase the number of Canadian military trainers on the ground to instruct Iraqi forces as part of its contribution to the US-led coalition’s efforts to fight Islamic State" (2015-11-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/wJ0YF]
* "French Jets Strike at ISIL in Iraq From Charles de Gaulle Aircraft Carrier; France's fighter jets on Monday struck at Islamic State targets in Iraq from an aircraft carrier in the eastern Mediterranean, the French Defense Ministry said, with strikes expected to increase in number after the Islamist attack in Paris" (2015-11-24, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/RJVQU]